15 years helping New Zealand businesses

About Calendly

Calendly helps individuals, teams, and organizations globally automate the meeting lifecycle by removing the scheduling back and forth.

Learn more about Calendly

Pros:

Calendly comes with plenty of options to customize an online calendar portal and syncs with our local calendars. Also good customer service Fast & knowledgeable.

Cons:

This makes it confusing for both myself and the person trying to schedule the meeting.

Calendly ratings

4.7
4.4
4.5
4.5

8.8/10

Calendly has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 3,487 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Calendly before?

Filter reviews (3,487)

Daniel
Daniel
Virtual Assistant in Madagascar
Outsourcing/Offshoring, Self Employed

calendly review Daniel

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I have a good experience with calendly and my customer

Pros:

I like the fact that you just send your Calendly link to your custmer for them to choose the time that they like in my schedule

Cons:

to be honest i don't have a negative view with this tools

Priscilla
Business Development Officer in Philippines
Writing & Editing, 11–50 Employees

Ease of use

Comments: I will recommend this. Even if you are not a technological inclined person, you'll be able to navigate it.

Pros:

Easy to navigate. Very straightforward software/app.

Cons:

Very rare, the settings change on its own.

last month

Hey there and thanks for your review!👋️ We're happy to hear that Calendly's streamlining scheduling and helping you manage your time more effectively. Thanks for using Calendly!

Founder in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Missing key features, sneaky billing for empty seats

Comments: Awful. Lots of lost time and money. Now we need to start over with implementation of another system (likely SavvyCal), plus pay for both for at least a month or two for overlap during the transition.

Pros:

It was our first foray into using meeting scheduler links. It was a time saver for scheduling client meetings, and it streamlined communication with clients. No more going back and forth to negotiate dates and times. It was better than Squarespace's built in Acuity forms (at least based on our experience with those in 2021), but that's not saying much.

Cons:

There are dozens of other tools out there that provide this same functionality, and Calendly makes zero effort to come out on top. Deal breakers include 1. not being able to edit availability or any other settings for one-off meetings after you click the button (can't count how many times I had to start over from scratch); 2. not relaying the chosen event title to the calendar event; 3. forcing this dumb question "please share anything that will help us prepare" for one-off events, which creates extra work for our clients and makes them think we're not listening; 4. inability to set turnaround for one-off events (so client can book it 20 minutes before the start time); among other flaws. For as much time as it seemed like it was saving us in the beginning, I feel like we now waste at least as much wrestling with these flaws and remaking links. But the final straw for us was that they bill for empty seats. For months, I've been deleting teammates who aren't using it, so we can save money. We pay month to month instead of annually, because we know we're going to switch to another platform. What's the point of paying monthly if you're billed anyway for seats you're not using? There was no warning, no message anywhere to prompt me to delete the empty seat in addition to deleting the user. There was no friendly automated email to say, "Hey you have empty seats - add someone to your team!" I get these kinds of emails from other platforms (platforms where we pay annually and therefore it actually makes sense that we'd end up with empty seats). Calendly knows exactly what they're doing. And "customer service" (lol) is not helpful.

Altaf
Owner in India
Design, 2–10 Employees

Best Appointment Scheduling Platform

Pros:

When I was looking for an alternative to Google Calendar, I found this platform and I loved it. It allow you to customize the bookings page, gives you option add a message on bookings page. And most importantly, you can integrate Zoom and Google Meet with it. It also syncs with your Google Calendar. It saved me a lot of time managing my appointments.

Cons:

The setup took me quite a while but I was able to do it by myself.

Kimberly
Guidance Counselor in US
E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

Calendly is a lifesaver!

Pros:

I love Calendly because it easily syncs to my work calendar and I can easily keep track of what appointments people have booked on my calendar and block out enough time between appointments automatically as well. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Cons:

The only thing that's confusing to me is trying to find my availability to update every once in a while since I don't always navigate it every week. I wish this was a bit simpler to find quickly.

last month

Hey there and thanks for your review!👋️ It's great to hear that Calendly is solving scheduling problems for you by providing a scheduling link and an interface for others to easily book meetings with you. Thanks for using Calendly!

Jamie
Onboarding Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

My favorite scheduling partner!

Comments: I love Calednlys booking experience. It makes it so much easier to schedule call on - specifically how well it connects to your zoom and google meet accounts. Definitly eases the scheduling management process for me! I never have overlaps now!

Pros:

I love how easy it is to update availability and send invites out. I love how easy it is to send your link for clients to schedule calls with you on. It also has great features like scheduling windows and the ability to reschedule and cancel.

Cons:

I think the mobile experience could improve by increasing visibility and allowing users to update availability easier on here. I also think sending hour before meeting reminders would be helpful!

last month

Hi Jamie, we're glad to hear that Calendly's features are helping you manage your time better and integrate with other systems. Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Natasha
COO in US
Public Relations & Communications, 2–10 Employees

Scheduling simplified

Pros:

It is so simple to set up Calendly and integrate it with all of your calendars to ensure meetings are booked and don’t conflict with other events.

Cons:

I have not had any issues with using Calendly.

last month

Hi Natasha, we appreciate your positive review! It's great to hear that Calendly is solving scheduling problems for you by providing a scheduling link and an interface for others to easily book meetings with you.

Patricia
Owner in US
Events Services, Self Employed

Calendly my Lifesaver !! It keeps my business running smoothly!!

5.0 last month New

Comments: It has saved my life . I have ADHD and being organized is key for me. I run a small business I need organization and a calendar that works for me ,my clients and my vendors. Plus my personal life as well. All in one place .

Pros:

It is easy to install. Easy to integrate. I love the way it keeps me organized. I know what life is going to look like all the time for my business. In terms of appointments and events. That is critical.

Cons:

I truly don't have anything bad to say!! I am being honest.

last month

Hi Patricia, we're glad to hear that Calendly's features are helping you manage your time better and integrate with other systems. Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Application Support Specialist in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Great appointment tool

Pros:

Easy to get set up and have integrated with Google.

Cons:

Honestly, I have no qualms with Calendly. It does what it is supposed to do and does it very well.

Marie
Marketing Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Calendly is a life and time saver!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Calendly is a life and time saver! Instead of volleying back and forth about when everyone’s available, folks can book time in 1 click!

Cons:

Some of the best features aren’t free, which is understandable.

2 weeks ago

Hi there Marie, we appreciate your positive review! It's great to hear that Calendly is solving scheduling problems for you by providing a scheduling link and an interface for others to easily book meetings with you.

Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

If you’re not already using Calendly, start.

Comments: Overall adding Calendly has been a massive help in the efficiently and seamlesssness of our team to get meetings or calls scheduled super easily. It really is such a no-brainer type platform, I can only imagine how much time people who aren’t using it waste in everyday.

Pros:

Calendly solves so many challenges, for me, my team, and even for our prospects and clients too. The back and forth of looking at calendars, sending days/times of availability, having time zones misinterpreted, the times sent have since been filled, etc etc etc are no more. This is a HUGE time and headache saver!! Not to mention, they’ve added so many incredible integrations that anytime our clients have semi customized needs around scheduling, Calendly is always the first place we check for a solution - and 9 times out of 10 it’s a perfect fit, for a fraction of the cost of custom developing something.

Cons:

It’s so hard to put a finger on anything I would improve. Ive been using Calendly for years and didn’t realize how robust some of the integrations were and have become, so maybe some additional education around those would be super beneficial to users like me who didn’t even know how much more they were missing out on.

Kim
Paralegal in US
Law Practice, 11–50 Employees

Superb calendar management and scheduling.

Comments: I was pleasantly surprised by Calendlys performance.
My job has multiple functions, one of which is scheduling for my team and our attorneys. This is often a tedious and daunting task, however Calendly has streamlined the process.
There are drawbacks such as the lack of customer service accessibility and some inconveniences in the way the software is set up.
When analyzing both the pros and cons, it's evident that the pros drastically outweigh the cons.

Pros:

If you have a complex schedule or need to manage a complex schedule for someone else, Calendly will be an exceptional asset. The ease of use is wonderful, as is the setup process. It is optimized for online scheduling however it's suited for in person scheduling as well. Rescheduling is dramatically easier with Calendly. Features a client portal, reminders, automated scheduling, team or group calenders, notifications and alerts in real time, and convenient mobile access plus payment processing via third party integrations.

Cons:

The one thing that really hinders me are the meeting location options and how they're set up. In person and phone/ video can't be included in the same meeting type. The only other con I've experienced thus far is the customer service and the lack of ease in contacting an actual customer service representative vs the incompetent chat bot.

Internet, 501–1,000 Employees

Life is too short for back and forth on sync time

Comments: I am a huge fan of this software that I have encouraged my entire team to use it daily for internal and external syncs and it is amazing for sales meetings.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to set up calendly and then just make the link public for my entire team and for external vendors etc and even pre decide the time I want to spend in each of the meetings.

Cons:

I want to add a feature for someone trying to book a longer time slot to be able to pick two three slots at once.

Meshach
Web Design Consultant in Denmark
Design, 2–10 Employees

Calendly Is A Great Business and Personal Productivity Tool

Comments: Calendly is a user-friendly scheduling tool that can make scheduling meetings and appointments with others much more efficient. It has really been a game-changer for us at LujaraLab. I get appointments at the time that are convenient for me. Our team also work as convenient because a client can only book based on our availability.

Pros:

Calendly has a simple, user-friendly interface that makes it easy for people to schedule meetings with you.Calendly eliminates the need for back-and-forth emails and messages to schedule our meetings at LujaraLab. It automates the scheduling process, saves us time and reduces the chance of scheduling conflicts.The other fantastic thing for us is the advanced analytics and reporting that allows us to track our meeting scheduling activity and make data-driven decisions.We are also able to embed Calendly on our website and sales funnels.

Cons:

Calendly does not have the capability to handle recurring events with different schedules for different weeks.There are lots of limitations that come with the free plan, such as a Limited number of integrations, Limited customization options, and Limited analytics and reporting options

Heather
Heather
Business Owner in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Calendly rocks

Comments: So far, so great!

Pros:

Most appointment schedule tools offer similar features, but Calendly's prices are much sweeter. Perhaps other software offers more bells and whistles, but I wouldn't know because Calendly does all I need it to do for about 1/3rd the price

Cons:

I'm not sure yet. I wish I could have all the different type of offerings on one schedule. Right now if I offer appointments at one site they have to be in a separate calendar from another site because I need to make sure I'm physically present at the site and set the calendar up for those dates only.

Melissa
Melissa
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Easy to schedule remote interviews and meetings quickly

Comments: Due to how widespread and expected this service is in the professional communities I frequent, I was forced to implement a fallback mechanism. In addition to reinforcing your authority, scheduling a time to talk over email saves valuable time and effort. Plus, clients can schedule appointments when it's most convenient for them, instead of waiting for us to be available to talk on the phone or exchange emails.

Pros:

The ability to schedule and receive advance notice of interview times is a huge plus. My interviews can't be missed. Providing a centralized location for organizing interview meetings that is fully integrated with my calendar on Google.

Cons:

There are a ton of options I could have selected at the outset had I wanted to, but I probably won't use any of them. There was a moment of confusion before I was able to gather the resources I required to get began.

Lawrent
Lawrent
owner in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

I'm in control of my appointment with Calendly

Comments: It allows me to keep in control of my appointment and saved us a lot of time.

Pros:

I like how Calendly integrates to icloud. Its simple interface and easy-to-create events features makes it a must-have app for all your appointments (also great for paid consultation/lessons as you can collect money from the app (paid version only)). It is easy to create an event type (one-on-one or group), and there lots of options available : event duration date range, even time zone. I like how easy it is to apply an appointment to dates / intervals / specific recurring days and how you can implement buffers (before and after events) You can ask invitees questions before the appointment, which is nice to have, since it allows you to save time once your client is online. I immensely appreciate how Calendly offers all types of notification options (email reminders, follow-up and text reminders.) When creating an event, you can choose what type of location you want (in-person, phone call, google meet, zoom.) You don't have to get in touch with your invitee to tell them how you want to meet them. You can add Calendly to your website (even the free version) through a small widget, which makes it easy for your clients to get in touch.

Cons:

Most integrations are only available on paid plans, and the free version is very limited but the company also needs to make money, so that's very understandable.

Hlengiwe
Hlengiwe
Business Analyst in United Arab Emirates
Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

Best Scheduling Tool

Comments: An important aspect of my job as a Business Analyst is discussing and participating in my organization's business. Calendly is a great tool for streamlining my daily schedule without having to make multiple phone calls to schedule tedious and time-consuming meetings with stakeholders. Calendly puts my appointments into semi-automatic pilot mode. This simplifies the scheduling process and frees up valuable time to focus on more important tasks.

Pros:

I am able to connect Calendly to various software resulting in a diverse range of applications. Appointment booking with a simple email. I love the user friendly interface, it is easy to use.

Cons:

Having used Calendly for the past year, there honestly isn't anything I don't like about it. Their enhancements are super consistent and it has definitely served its purpose.

System Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Extremely productive, thanks to the excellent synchronizations

Comments: Calendly served its purpose well. A few years ago, I started using it again. However, the product didn't actually change during that time. The market was flooded with new items that performed the same functions, but at a lower cost and with superior features. It's a bit of a one-trick ponies in that regard.

Pros:

It's a breeze to ensure that my clients can easily plan appointments with me. Calendly is how I schedule all of my interviews and appointments. It eliminates the guessing and the need for further communication, making everything simple and straightforward.

Cons:

The program wasn't constantly updated by developers. It hasn't changed all that much throughout the years. In addition, the system's handling of meeting kinds was somewhat cumbersome.

Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Calendly, a simple but effective and easy to use scheduling solution

Comments: Excellent! After trying a number of other options, they were either too complex, clunky or unreliable and expensive. Calendly has a great balance of the average business owner's needs.

Pros:

It's simple and clean for both user and schedulee's

Cons:

I would like to see better TWO way integrations. One way integrations are working great but sometimes scheduling happens outside of calendly and it isn't picked up.

Caleb
Caleb
Director of Marketing in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Powerful scheduling functions for sales team demos

Comments: If you schedule live events with clients on a regular basis, Calendly provides a clean interface to easily show others your available time slots and allow them to schedule an event. This has proved invaluable for our sales team to do live demos with prospects and not get too many scheduled at once. It also has allowed us to not schedule demos back to back without buffer time in between. That's huge!

Pros:

TheThe best thing about Calendly is the ability to set schedules for specific event types! You can set blackout dates, available times, control meeting lengths, automatically add buffer time, limit the number of events scheduled for a single day, and more. This is perfect for setting up live events or meetings on an ongoing basis, but giving yourself enough heads up and flexibility to be in control. You basically give prospective customer the freedom to choose a date and time--but ensure that it fits in your schedule, too. Use this to schedule live demos with clients, training events, or even webinars. It's a great tool, especially for small sales teams that need a controlled flow of sales calls/demos.

Cons:

Calendly is restrictive in analytics; for instance, I can't easily see how many people clicked to schedule an event, but didn't follow through. It's also difficult from a user interface standpoint. I find myself looking for settings and menus that are hidden within the slick, clean interface. On the scheduling side, it's pretty easy for clients to schedule events, but you can't customize the date picker--and that's really unfortunate, because I'd like to use it in more places but can't customize the look and feel or functionality.

Guy
Guy
Director in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Simple scheduling and appointment confirmations

Comments: Since upgrading to the basic paid option, it nails appointment booking for my business, cutting out the back and forth on email/phone to try and schedule a meeting with a client/partner or podcast guest.

Pros:

Setting up multiple appointment types, integration with Google Calendar & Zoom, embedding booking page into website, confirmations of appointments, straightforward system admin and low maintenance.

Cons:

Nothing I can think of, to be honest, it does everything we need, and I can't fault it

Michelle
Chief Deal Officer in US
Banking, 2–10 Employees

Calendly: Convenient, integrated, customizable

Comments: Overall, it's a benefit to my business. Easy, efficient scheduling, the link is on my website and in my email. I can manage my calendar and availability without blocking out my Outlook calendar, and I can avoid the "when are you available" conversation which is a drag. I will continue to use Calendly for the foreseeable future.

Pros:

I have been able to fully customize my appointment scheduling, from the times that I'm available to take appointments, to the types of appointments and when, to how far out meetings can be scheduled, location, etc. Providing specific instructions to attendees depending on the type of meeting they select, asking questions to give me more information before the call, and so forth. Also, it is an efficiency booster because I can avoid the "when are you available" conversation completely and because of the email reminders, I have fewer instances of no-shows.

Cons:

I do believe that it's a bit expensive for the service it provides. There are also a lot of features that I don't use, because I don't know how to or the value of them. Calendly could do a better job engaging and educating it's users to use the full functionality (and maybe make the price a better value for the service).

Arvind Kumar
Arvind Kumar
Solutions Architect in UK
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

One of the best collaboration tools!

Pros:

I got to know about this awesome tool when a consultant from one of the world's top companies sent me a link to his Calendly calendar so that I can book a slot. I liked the feature because I could choose an available slot as if I was making a booking in my Outlook with someone from my organization. However, I did not start using it immediately. A few months later, I joined a project in which there were consultants from four organizations and it became very inconvenient for everyone to book a meeting with people from the other three organizations. It is when one of my colleagues suggested using Calendly and setting up my account with it. I can not thank him enough because after that I started using a link to my Calendly calendar in my Outlook signature. Other people also recognised the power of this excellent collaboration tool and within a week almost everyone on the project started putting their Calendly link in their Outlook signature. This greatly increased the productivity of the project team. Among many good features is a feature to set up multiple calendars (e.g. office and personal).

Cons:

Once a new team member, belonging to another organisation, asked for a time slot to book a meeting with me and I gave her with link to my Calendly calendar. It was around 9:30 am and I had a couple of time slots available around noon time e.g. one at 11:30 am and another at 2:30 pm and then the next available slots were at 4:00 pm and 4:30 pm. Since she wanted the meeting as soon as possible, she informed me that my Calendly calendar did not have any time slot available before 4:00 pm and whether I could prioritise meeting with her over some low-priority meeting. It is when I realized that Calendly had hidden my all available slots within 6 hours. Though this is a feature to prevent someone from scheduling a meeting on too short notice, there should be a way to customize it e.g. if I want to decrease this time from 6 hours to 1 hour. I tried finding this customization feature but I could not find it.Maybe the feature is already there and I haven't found a way to use it.

Stephanie
Stephanie
Senior Business Analyst in UK
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1,001–5,000 Employees

My best scheduling software.

Comments: A crucial aspect of my job revolves around discussing and engaging in my organization's operations. Calendly is an exceptional tool that allows me to streamline my daily appointments without the need for cumbersome and time-consuming back-and-forth conversations to schedule meetings. With Calendly, I can put my appointments on semi-auto pilot mode, simplifying the scheduling process and freeing up valuable time to focus on more important tasks.

Pros:

I am thrilled that I can seamlessly integrate Calendly with various software in my tech stack, leading to a diverse range of use-cases. One such example is embedding Calendly into our marketing emails, simplifying the appointment scheduling process for potential customers. With Calendly, they can effortlessly click on the link, pick a suitable day and time to meet with my team, and provide all the essential information for the meeting without the need for any initial contact with us.

Cons:

After using Calendly for the majority of the past five years at two different companies, I can confidently say that there isn't anything I dislike about it. Calendly has consistently enhanced and served its intended purpose throughout its deployment.