Project management and organizatin for the rest of us.

Reviewed on 20/11/2019
Ralph V.
Director of Multimedia
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have tried MANY project management platforms and for us to select monday.com says a lot about the product. We have a varied group of individuals within our marketing department using this tools to coordinate everything from our detailed printing requests, web and online projects to translation flow (very difficult to manage due to the many contributors involved in this process.) Monday.com makes all of this convenient and easy to follow.

Pros: Its incredibly easy to create a work flow or "Board", add participants and follow the progress of many tasks with ease. We can attach any supporting files or materials needed to each post and tag a specific user. Email and desktop notifications alert you on any activity and there is a web based site you can go to or the even better desktop and mobile app versions.

Cons: One of the few cons i can think of is the absence of a "repeating or scheduled task". I know there are ways around this but it seems like something that should be native to it.

Get Monday.com Now!

Reviewed on 11/12/2019
Jared D.
Customer Success Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I wish I had known about them way sooner. We've been using Trello and this is so much better. I realized though that you can only have so many users, so it may not be the best solution for our onboarding team because our customers need access to some type of shareable project management list. Trello is a simplified version of Monday. Asana isn't as user-friendly and feels a bit odd.

Pros: Monday delivers a powerful system that you can use to manage virtually anything. You can add tasks and various projects, assign owners for those projects as well as a huge variety of additional fields. Furthermore, when you have your various projects setup, there are different views you can convert to from list view to calendar to kanban.

Cons: Honestly I can't think of much that Monday doesn't do well. Maybe in terms of reporting they could up their game a bit with their formulas and calculation functionality, but it really is an incredible product.

A winner every day!

Reviewed on 11/12/2019
Justin F.
Production Director
Religious Institutions, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We had been searching for a project management/productivity tool for our team for a long time. We had demoed or tried many options, but none were a clear-cut winner until we found Monday. It's made a dramatic difference in all that we are doing, and our team couldn't be happier!

Pros: This has become a "Swiss Army Knife" tool for us. Because of the wide variety of functions, it has replaced several different platforms, allowing us to integrate multiple different tools into one overall ecosphere. Its project documents are easy to create and are very flexible to modify, whether we want to create a project budget spreadsheet or ingest third-party data that can get reflected in graphs. It's a multi-purpose software that has become invaluable!

Cons: I wish that every system user didn't have default access to every available board unless those boards were made private and invite-only. Perhaps there's a way to assign users to "work groups" that allow them default access to a certain level of projects/boards, but require invites to view others outside that work group. It does create an inefficiency for us that literally anyone in the organization can view and modify any board that isn't locked. But it's sometimes not feasible to create everything locked and then have to issue 100 invites. That doesn't scale over and over.

Life changing enabler of productivity for all sizes of team

Reviewed on 19/10/2017
Stuart G.
Oil & Energy, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Already covered in previous question in part. Not needing to remember things
Empowering team to tackle tasks in an order which suits them within the bounds set.
Improvement in productivity and customer response.

Pros: Visual, its very easy to visualise tasks and see what you and your team have on by ways of workload.
Initiative, although it has many features, all are logically positioned within the webpage so you never find yourself being lost in menus.
Customisable, the boards are completely yours to design, own and use. Changes can happen instantly and hassle free meaning things can adapt to the needs of the team.
Support, when ever required, support has been readily avaliable and responsive. Bugs, although rare, have also been resolved quickly.
No subtasks, so many say sub tasks are a con, but sub tasks really cause issues and it's how to lose things, so a flat task structure hugely improves clarity.
Live system, updates and task status update instantly for all users in real time. No "who has the task spreadsheet open?" anymore.
General, this is a "to do list" which is Initiative and interactive which once properly implimented for your team will revolutionise work flow.

Cons: Speed, as use increases and boards become larger, the interface is significantly slower. Promised improvements in speed have yet to be seen.
Bulk updates, there are bulk update features for tasks however these are unavailable for all column types
Large boards, large boards are hard to mannage due to speed and bulk update/automatic date fields etc.
Bulk import, importing from excel recently avaliable is good but limited

Monday.com Is Outstanding

Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Skyler B.
Web Designer, Developer, and Owner
Design, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm not a power user of Monday.com. But, after a small adjustment period, it was well worth it.

Pros: Monday.com combines several of my office applications into one interconnected package. It's saved me so much time and makes so many administrative tasks ten times simpler.

Cons: Monday.com has a lot going on. It can be difficult to get started, especially if you're used to other apps.

Ultimate Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 15/12/2019
Shaun F.
Director of online advertising
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall I have had a great experience with monday.com. It helps me keep track of all my tasks and plan ahead, and I'm also able to quickly and easily see what my teammates are working on. I can also comment and updates on their tasks.

Pros: I think they really thought about the end user when they developed this tool. I really like the ability to bolt switch between different projects, the automations that are available and the built in templates to help me get started.

Cons: Outside of the name Monday.com (I preferred dapulse), I would really like the ability to create my own custom rules and automations. Sometimes I feel slightly limited by the out of the box automations.

Great task management software

Reviewed on 19/11/2019
Daniella A.
PR & Social Media Team Lead
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are only a few months in using it for our team, but we enjoy using it. The setup and automation take a little while to learn but once you've got those down, you have a very efficient task manager.

Pros: I like how you can create different boards for different tasks. I like how you can create priorities for each task along with due dates. I also like you can create steps of progression for the task, that way you know how far along each person assigned the task is with their responsibilities. I like the interface and the way the app looks like when you're using it. The integration with Slack is nice as well.

Cons: I do not like how there isn't an app for my laptop. I wish I didn't have to go to the website to access it.

Start a week with Monday

Reviewed on 19/10/2019
Eduardo C.
Marketing assistant
Information Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We, as organization, have realized that it is an excellent tool to manage our work teams and workloads. It has allowed us to significantly improve communication and goal setting. This has led us to generate more leads and grow our organization

Pros: Monday help us to manage all the work and simplifies the workflow. It's amazing how you can manage all from just one dashboard and also create complex boards for tasks. I like how the team spend a little time figuring out how the system works and more time on the projects and challenges that comes with it.

Cons: You can take a lot of time uploading data, if the data is big. I guess they could make the creation of subtask more easier. Android app have some errors it need some improvement.

A management tool that I needed

Reviewed on 8/01/2020
Andrés W.
Sales Executive
Packaging & Containers, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Monday.com is our #1 tool now. We use it everyday at anytime.

Pros: It lets you create boards really fast and easy.
It has a great aesthetic and is really organised.
Im really happy with the product and is everything me and my team need to organise our schedules and workflows.

Cons: It's not "bad", but I think I can say you can't duplicate a task, you have to rewrite it. Im sure they're gonna update this.
I hate their social media marketing strategy, is really annoying, but of course: it works.

Pretty Nice, but felt like it was missing something

Reviewed on 17/10/2019
Erik E.
Assistant Project Manager
Computer Software, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall it seemed promising but when the trial ended so did my interest.

Pros: You can add columns when and wherever you like depending on the project, as well as the values you would pick from in the drop down. You can create a custom board and then use that as a template for future projects. Had time based reminders.

Cons: the "this week" page displaying your due tasks was underwhelming in my opinion. and surprisingly had no real customization options compared to the boards. Cant update a board status, or a project status only singular task's. Have to play to use, no free version.

The best tool on the market for Team Project Management

Reviewed on 19/01/2020
Greg A.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It's been excellent. Communication with the company has been minimal because we haven't had any issues, but when we have had a question, we've received a prompt response. The software itself was incredibly easy to implement. We had two training sessions for our team and other than an occasional check-in to discuss best practices, our team has been able to use the software without issue. It has helped our office immensely.

Pros: The visual layout and ability for all of our team to very quickly setup tasks, monitor progress, and collaborate has been the best feature of Monday.com. It's drastically different from other project management solutions on the market, but with our team of younger millennials, the visual "gamified" approach to task management (turning things green to mark them complete) has actually increased productivity and even morale. We couldn't be more pleased.

Cons: File sharing and downloading is the slightest bit clunky... we often find ourselves still sharing files via Slack or Dropbox instead of in Monday, but other than that, it's been really great and that's a minor complaint.

Best project management tool on the market

Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Online Marketing
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It is the best project management platform I have seen on the market. Free trial, very reasonable pricing. A very flexible user interface that satisfies every professional need regardless of your field.

Pros: I signed up for the free trial version of monday.com and immediately realized what a great tool it is! I have worked with Asana, Slack and Basecamp before but they don't even come close to monday.com. It gives you so many options for customization that no matter what field or profession you are in, you will find the right setting and layout. They offer great tutorial videos and the user interface is very easy to use. You can keep all your tasks and projects in the same place, assign people to tasks, add deadlines. One of my favorite tools is that you can ask for an update on a pending project with 1 click - instead of constantly emailing and calling your team - which can make them frustrated. The other great tool is the automatic notification builder, that helps you stay up to date and constantly notifies you based on your settings. You can even build up tasks that depens on the previous task so your team members will know when you rely their task to be completed so you can start your part. The pricing is very reasonable and they are customer service team is great, too!

Cons: I have been using monday.com for a few weeks and never had any problems with the program, the only annoying thing is they push their social media and youtube advertising really hard, so I keep getting ads every day but that is how they grew.

Monday.Com Keeps Track of our Progress

Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Jonathan H.
Labor Coordinator
Events Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My company uses Monday.com to keep track of many different projects we have going at one time - we are an events company, so we have hundreds of events in a year that each have individual processes that need to be accounted for. Monday.com has been helpful in having a broad scope of where we are at with each project. We are still ironing out the kinks to figure out what our workflow will be with this, but it is a pleasant platform to use - very aesthetically pleasing and easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Pros: I love how you can make a board with automations so that it helps you organize. For instance, I can set a project I'm working on from "pending" to "complete" in one box, and automate it so that once I hit "complete", it moves that project to the "complete" section in a different part of the board. I also love that you can integrate it with different platforms like AirTable and Slack, which is super helpful. Overall, it does a really good job of helping you have a grand overview of where you are at with a project, and helps my team see what projects have been completed and where we still have more work to do. I also know there's a lot of great other features that I haven't learned yet that could be useful to us once we get the hang of this platform.

Cons: It's a bit complex to learn, which is frustrating at first. There's a lot of formula coding and lingo Monday.com uses that you have to learn for it to make sense. I found that having a specialist help you code your page to your liking was pretty helpful. There's also some places where we set something up but there are scenarios in which this set up might get undermined by one action that would seem logical but would throw off the board. I do wish that the program helped walk you through the process of getting your workflow set up, but I'm sure that's being worked out since they are a relatively new platform.

Monday.com Review

Reviewed on 26/11/2018
Graduate Assistant
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Over all my experience with Monday was a 50/50 split some things I loved and some things were lacking in functionality for what we needed. Overall I didn't hate it. At the end of the day it just wasn't what we needed to be productive. I think for other users who are using it for design, and business marketing it would be a phenomenal program and the price is very affordable even if you are a small company. Monday might be what you need to get your productivity up to become an even bigger company.

Pros: I liked how Monday.com allows for easy collaboration with team members. It does take some getting used to for me it was easy to get used to because I am more of a computer person and have had many different experiences with a lot of different programs. Everyone else on my team is the complete opposite, however because of Monday.com's modern website design people were able to grasp it because the design is easy on the eyes if that makes sense. It is almost like an easy/drag and drop version of excel. Aside from the design I did love that there were different calendar views like Kanban view and the map view especially. The other things I loved was the forms integration, which made it easy to transfer our clients over from one program to another. As they came in they filled out the short form and were integrated into the calendar pretty easily. Lastly I loved the status column. I was going to use it to check in clients. Red for when they arrived to their appointments, Yellow for when they were waiting and Green for when they were done and waiting on their transportation back home.

Cons: There were a couple of things that I did not like, which made us only use Monday for a short period of time. For one we are a mental health therapy center and we do A LOT of scheduling. While there is a template to schedule clients. It is more so for a few clients and not hundreds. We have multiple therapists and may want to view their appointments sometimes together and sometimes separately and Monday started to get somewhat bulky when trying to do this. We tried doing multiple boards for each therapist and then we tried doing each board as a day of the week and in the end we had too many boards and it was still and either you view this person or that person but not both. On top of that we also schedule activities with clients and that would have been a whole separate view as well. The last thing that we needed was to make recurring appointments for clients that are seen every Tuesday or for ones that are seen every other Thursday etc. This task was extremely bulky and involved using a 3rd party service.

Excellent Project Management Tool!

Reviewed on 15/11/2016
Colleen L.
Vice President
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We desperately needed an easy to use, easy to update project management tool in our App Development company. The Sales Dept. would get calls from clients asking, "how's our app coming," and they had to e-mail the Tech Dept, wait for a response and then call the Customer back. Now, the Sales Dept. can see exactly what stage of Development the client's app or website is in and tell the customer right then and there. No wasted time e-mailing or returning phone calls.
Also, the Tech Dept. can see what the Sales Dept. has in the pipeline so they can predict what's coming in.
It has also helped us streamline processes for each Dept. The whole entire sales process can be mapped out with every step start to finish, with the final step being customer survey sent. You never forget to do any step any more! You can also customize your responses for each step along the way such as "Done" or "In Progress" or "Waiting For Client", etc. The customer service with monday.com is excellent. That's a big deal to me. I don't want to hunt and peck around the internet trying to find chat groups or how to contact support. When you ask a question you get a response within a short period of time. The software is pretty intuitive but there are support tools to learn tips and tricks.

Pros: Easy to use, very intuitive. Customizable to your projects and company. You can easily monitor step by step processes in however many Departments you have in your company. I like that its now an app that can live in my button dock. One click and its open. I like that you can discuss clients back and forth between team members.

Cons: Right now I can't think of anything. Perhaps there are glitches or design features that more advanced users might appreciate but for our needs it works exactly as we need it to.

Always On

Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Visual Merchandising Analyst
Retail, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This software can help you organize everything from your marketing plan to your comic book collection; if you can think of a way to organize data, milestones, or responsible parties - Monday.com can do it!

Pros: -Only limited by your imagination
-World Class customer service and development team
-Intuitive user interface
-Powerful data manipulation and exporting tools

Cons: -The learning curve can be a little overwhelming
-New features come out so quick that sometimes there isn't time to adjust to the old ones!
-The mobile app can be a little clunky and does not utilize all the features of the desktop/web app

Best Team PM Tool Available

Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Management Consulting, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I work on Monday.com with one of my clients who utilizes it for managing multiple projects with a variety of internal *and* external team members. It's easy to have everyone on the same page, makes communicating easy, and is VERY easy for the uninitiated to get up and running quickly.

Pros: Monday.com is straight out of the box simple to learn and yet it has a huge variety of features to make it as robust as you need it to be. The ability to quickly set up projects, timelines, teams, and tasks is just really almost too easy. Also love being able to easily switch between views (table, Kanban, calendar, etc.) that speak to the way my mind works. Compared to other PM cloud tools that I have used (Trello, Asana, Teamwork, etc.) I found Monday.com to be far easier to get going quickly and without a huge learning curve. Their Knowledge Base is vast, and the customer service is also great. Tips & tricks pop up to help enhance the UX without being annoying. They actually seem to be listening to the user audience and carefully implement improvements that make sense.

Cons: Haven't found any downsides yet! Seriously it's so easy to use I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop!

Collaborative spreadsheets with many time saving and useful features

Reviewed on 2/11/2018
Adam J.
Associate Director
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Monday has allowed us to streamline our processes and enables me to see at a glance what projects we have on, where our projects are and what projects are falling behind on timescales etc. As an architectural company we take every client/ job through a complicated process and need to keep track of multiple different 3rd parties (Council, Engineers etc) and multiple different processs (survey, planning, building regs etc). Monday allows us to do this with ease and with the posts and check boxes it allows me to understand where 100’s of projects are whenever I need.

Pros: Simple to use. Very visual orientated - looks good and is easy to understand. Can be tailored to any business model/process. New features are being released all the time. Very engaged company that are listening to their clients and happy to help. Speeds up workflow and allows much greater management of projects, clients, staff and time. Great for to do lists and collaborative working.

Cons: Many superfluous features for our business that are pushed frequently (though I appreciate other business would appreciate them). Would work great if it could collaborate/access online services like Dropbox/GDrive for file management etc. Bit of an odd name - “can you make sure you update Monday” sounds odd. I actually preferred the old name “Dapulse” as we internaly just called it Pulse (which I think fits best as the software allows me to keep my fingers on the pulse of all my projects!)

The Best Project Management Software

Reviewed on 9/08/2019
Jayme A.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, Monday has become one of my favorite programs. I love the functionality, integrations, automation, and ease of use it offers. Everyone I show it to catches on quickly and learns to love what it does. My clients love it and have often purchased it for their own businesses.

Pros: Monday.com is by far the easiest and best project management software I have come across. It is easy to use and streamlined. I love the functionality and different options it has to manage business flows and projects. Monday allows my company to work independently and together with their automation and comprehensive project tracking. I recommend it highly.

Cons: Monday is a few years old at this point, but still has the occasional bug or messy function. They are few and far between but I do sometimes find myself wishing a feature was more streamlined. On a positive note though, they do take feedback very seriously and work to make things better all the time.

Organized

Reviewed on 21/01/2020
Jeanne S.
Senior Estimator
Construction, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use Monday daily as do my co-workers. It is a great way to transmit information and store it in one place and when you need to look something up you are not searching emails. Things are neatly sorted and easily accessible. It is user friendly and even the receptionist can look at the schedule and let a client know where we are at with a project.

Pros: This software keeps you organized and on top of due dates. It sends reminder emails and allows you to sort and classify with ease. It is customizable to accommodate the needs of your company - for us we use it to track jobs, bid dates, job information, requests for quotes, schedules, RFI requests, addendums, etc. It is useful for the PM, the field and the estimator and convenient for the accounting department. Allows you to track trends and hit rates as well

Cons: Only the administrator has the ability to make changes and manage users, which can take some time if you have a busy admin.

We finally know what we are doing!

Reviewed on 17/01/2020
Zachary C.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have finally moved away from traditional meeting and calendar invites that remind us to complete a task. It was so complicated before Monday.com. But now, we know what our new requests are, what the status is for that request, and who is assigned to said request. No more guessing or confusion.

Pros: Monday.com has helped us log, categorize, and time each of our tasks and projects. The managers are able to have a high-level view of how progress is going, while the team can see the daily details of each and every task. The layout is fun, colorful, and most importantly clean.

Cons: I don't have many negatives about the software. I will say that it can be really easy to accidentally "upgrade" your account to the next level. Before you click "accept" make sure that you know exactly what you are accepting. Otherwise, the software works and functions exactly as promised.

Very effective Project management tool

Reviewed on 14/10/2018
Akhilesh S.
Sales and marketing manager
Newspapers, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The best part about this application is its graphical UI. We can make and alter venture subtle elements and plans by means of our versatile/tablets instead of utilizing through work area PC and the progressions are refreshed rapidly. We can download the application and even utilize it disconnected, in circumstances of downtimes this is simply cool! We can make shading coding for various assignments and customize the look and feel of the dashboards as indicated by your desire. Despite the fact that there are bugs experienced on occasion, they are settled absent much slack. Also, about their client benefit, they are only magnificent in responsiveness. The plan for the day encourages us to rebuild the work processes as indicated by our necessities.

Cons: As we increment the quantity of individuals, limit, and utilize, we found that the product is getting slower. Bringing in highlights, particularly in mass needs greater change. Relegating subtasks to numerous individuals is a significant grim assignment. The cost rockets as we increment the quantity of clients, and this gets too high in expense in contrast with an undertaking administration apparatus.

Huge Collaborative Projects, or Daily Personal To-Do's: Monday.com Can Change Your Life!

Reviewed on 20/07/2018
Jeff E.
Software Application Specialist
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It has been a life-changer for me, helping me stay organized and manage all the details of my personal and work-related projects!

Pros: This entire concept for this is amazing! The many different ways you can setup your boards and use them, make it even more powerful! I use mine in different ways, for different things. I use it one way for larger work projects (where I've created personalized template boards), and I setup my boards an entirely different way for personal to-do lists. Go to their YouTube channel to see some great examples of how to setup different board types! I'm a forgetful person with a pretty weak memory, so the ability to add notes and updates to individual items (pulses) is also a life-saver, so that I can track ongoing, important information related to each item...without having these notes getting in my way when viewing the project board. You can add many different column types, and even use colors for certain columns, which makes it a snap to stay focused on what's most important. The fact that you can drag-and-drop the column order, and the pulses themselves, allows you to see and organize things in ways that work for you! I've also contact support with some questions and feedback, and their response was super-helpful and almost immediate. Their online help will walk you though 99% of your questions too. This product has added efficiency to my day, and removed significant stress from my life! Thank you Monday.com!

Cons: The product seems little pricey for individual users...but use the trial and re-consider the value after using it for a week or two. Also, this product is optimized for Desktop computers, with a bit less functionality on mobile devices, but it can still be used and utilized on mobile devices to get things added, assigned, organized, and done.

I can't even imagine how my life would be without Monday.com

Reviewed on 29/11/2019
Zane B.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use this software daily. It's so easy to set-up and very user-friendly. I turned all my friends to customers of the app. I love the customer support, literally, they respond within minutes. I messaged them on Black Friday and I got a response in 10 minutes. That's EPIC!

Pros: Time Tracking and Team Collaborations are my top used functions. I love being able to see where I am at with my work and how my team is doing too.

Cons: It doesn't integrate with Pomodoro. I use my PC to remind me to take breaks every 45 mins.

Very user-friendly interface

Reviewed on 9/06/2019
Amy S.
Marketing Consultant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We're a group of freelancers who collaborate on business together. We needed a common project management tool that would enable us to collect projects, timelines, notes and attachments all in one place.

Pros: I love how simple, intuitive and lovely the interface is. It actually makes project management a joy. Other project management software I've tried felt like it took too much time just to manage the software itself. There were too many menus to sift through. Comments were too hard to find, and my team was not keen on using it. Monday is so simple, so clean and visual that our whole team has quickly embraced it. I'm even putting my personal projects into it. One of my favorite features is the ability to make checklists in the comments area. Our team is coming up with all sorts of ways to use those (i.e.: check this off to confirm you've read the comment, etc.). We haven't been using Monday for long, so I'm curious to see how we continue to adapt it to meet our needs. I also like that there are templated projects that you can use to get started. I haven't been this excited about a project management platform in a long time, if ever.

Cons: That my team loves it so much they're going crazy making lots of projects and posts, lol.