• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5

About EmailOctopus

Easy-to-use, affordable email marketing tool for businesses and individual creators wanting to grow and engage an audience.

Learn more about EmailOctopus

Jan sigetty B.
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Unfair comparison with Mailchimp"

Comments: I like it, but that's because I found workarounds. Fx. I design the NewsLetter in MailChimp and copy/paste the HTML. It works fine that way.

Pros: I moved from MailChimp, because of the price tag. Octopus is way cheaper, but it's still possible to send the same quality emails and that's​ great.

Cons: 1. A better interface to make your own template/design. Limitations in fonts, sizes, etc 2. List features are limited. No way to create segments or groups based on subscriber data. 3. Regarding reports: A graphic overview of where the clicks are placed.

by EmailOctopus on 4/10/2018

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the feedback. We have some good news on the campaign editor- we've just launched our new drag & drop email builder.

It's only in Beta at the moment, however I've added it to your account and you'll be able to use it in your next campaign.

More updates to come based on your feedback, too.

Thanks again,

Tom

Mikey C.
Entertainment, Self Employed

"Reliable and cost-effective"

Comments: Overall I've been very pleased. I have tried several other providers and found that this service is excellent and compares well with other providers who charge a lot more for similar features.

Pros: EmailOctopus offers a reliable platform at an excellent price, and the level of customer support is particularly good. Questions are answered promptly and efficiently. The platform is easy to use and has a good range of features.

Cons: I'd like to see the drag and drop email editor improved. It works well enough and the emails look good, but it is not as slick as other editors I've used.

Brian T.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2020

"Small Agency ESP Review"

Comments: Very positive.

Pros: We use EmailOctopus for our small agency to send our newsletters and other targeted email campaigns. Their tool is extremely easy to use and is very cost efficient for small agencies that have to watch every penny. Plus the are continually adding new features to the platform which makes the value increase every quarter!

Cons: Would like the ability to create sub-accounts. And it's a bummer to pay a foreign transaction fee every month.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2020
Freeman L.
CMO
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2020

"Love EmailOctopus!"

Pros: EmailOctopus is focused on one thing - helping you send beautiful emails to your subscribers. It's not bloated, it's simple to use, and it's priced very competitively. We switched from Mailchimp a few years ago. We love the ability to use our Amazon SES account to keep costs low for our high volume of weekly email sends. I've also switched client's from Mailchimp to the EmailOctopus Pro plan and it always saves them time and money.

Cons: Would be great to have more integrations with other content management systems but they keep improving every day!

• Reviewed on 26/10/2020
Steven W.
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2020

"E-mail Octopus is a great platform"

Comments: Overall, our experience has been great. Any time I've had a question or a problem the support center is very responsive, even factoring in the time lag because I'm in the United States and they are in Great Britain.

Pros: E-mail Octopus is very easy to use. It is an intuitive program. Over the past three years that we have been using it it has been nearly flawless. But the best thing about it is it's affordability and flexibility.

Cons: If I had to pick just one thing about the program that I would change would be on the reporting side. It gives good data about the number of opens, numbers who unsubscribe and bounces. However when they report clicks the base it not just on the number of opens but also factor in even the number who never opened the e-mail. To me, that doesn't make sense. How can you report data on someone who never even opens the e-mail.The realistic number of click throughs should be based on the actual number of the people who have opened the e-mail. That is the most accurate data a user like myself can benefit from.

Phil S.
Digital Director
  • Reviewed on 6/10/2020

"The Ronseal of Email Platforms - Does exactly what it says on the tin!"

Pros: Nutshell - AWESOME. Ease of use. After failing to be able to achieve what we needed with a well known competitor we switched. We had spent four days trying to import our list with the competitor but were unable to due to limitations in the host software.

Cons: No landing page. Sure its fine for us, we have a website page specifically for capturing new signups but some will not have this ability. For example in the MLM world the 'rep' or 'agent' may not have or need an actual website but will absolutely need email marketing with a very simple way to capture new users. Something with a url that would allow for sharing on social networks. Integration with Wordpress isn't very 'pretty'! We're having to use web hooks in a separate form to pass the data through automation to our audience list. The WP plugin isn't, and very probably never will be, as powerful as some of the built in tools within modern WP page builders. Unfortunately whilst the bigger guys tend to get their platforms integrated into WP plugins, it helps the plugin devs sell the product, EmailOctopus isn't current being supported. WP plugin devs, if you're reading this, make it happen!!

• Reviewed on 6/10/2020
Ashleigh S.

"The Perfect Solution"

Comments: I had a suggestion for a new feature and contacted customer service. They responded within hours and were extremely friendly. I have been very pleased with this program and will definitely be recommending it to others.

Pros: I examined many email clients before selecting Email Octopus. What really made this program stand above the rest was the fact that I could have 2500 subscribers on my list and still remain on the free program.

Cons: The "Drag and Drop" feature in the email builder has a slight learning curve, but it is still much easier to use than other programs I've worked with.

Ian R.
  • Reviewed on 2/05/2019

"Easy to Use and Great ROI"

Comments: I have used Email Octopus for a couple/few years now and I have not had an issue - which is saying something. The times I had a question or two, they were responsive and helped me out. Overall great experience.

Pros: Easy to use, great pricing, support has always been responsive, and they always seem to be improving things. I like the clear and easy dashboard that isn't cluttered with all sorts of stuff that I don't need.

Cons: Integrations with other software is a bit limited.

John D.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2021

"Pleased with Octpus"

Comments: Increasing subscribers and understanding the demographic profile of our subscribers

Pros: We use it for our weekly newsletter on Bali Tourism and Lifestyle sent internationally. I like the way it removed hard bounces and thereby bolsters the veracity of our mailing list.

Cons: No basic complaints. A few hiccups at the beginning - but accept those issues as part of keeping spammers away from your product.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2021
Internet, Self Employed

"Amazing Newsletter Service"

Comments: I tried a couple of times the support. Every time they answered my questions with a solution or at least a promise to update the web in the future.

Pros: I used other third web apps for my newsletter. I saw once a newsletter from emailoctopus and I decided to try. I was shocked how it was so easy the setup and the affordable price. I love the automation option. I use it for my funnels and it works very well.

Cons: I would like to redirect my subscribers to a custom page after the confirmation email.

Business Development
Fund-Raising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"EmailOctopus - Best Value Around"

Comments: I switched to EmailOctopus in 2017 from another email vendor and so far I have not been disappointed. It’s easy to use, fantastic value for money and the support team are very responsive.

Pros: Ease of use
Value for money
Good support team

Cons: Basically it has Limited functionality

Ashima D.
Director of Product and Engineering
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/08/2019

"Amazing Product"

Comments: Absolutely love it, we’re using Email Octopus to drive monthly utilization and it is amazing! The low cost is also fabulous!

Pros: Email Octopus makes our monthly newsletters and release notes so easy! The templates and features to send out details are so easy and user friendly that anyone can use it with out too much training.

Cons: I wish there was a heat map to see where users clicked most in our emails but that is a feature request not a con.

• Reviewed on 8/08/2019
J f R.
  • Reviewed on 9/05/2019

"Best email option...especially for the price!"

Comments: I've only had to reach out to customer support during setup. That part was a little tricky, but email octopus provides easy to follow instructions and they're very helpful. Overall, I'm so glad I switched from my previous overly-priced provider. The emails are just as easy to create and look just as great for a fraction of the cost. I recommend email octopus to everyone I know with a newsletter.

Pros: I like that I can send thousands of emails so inexpensively. It has a drag and drop set up and is incredibly easy to use.

Cons: It doesn't have all the functionality of my last email provider, but it's a fraction of the cost and I don't need what the other provider offered.

• Reviewed on 9/05/2019
Chelsy H.
Web Developer
Aviation & Aerospace, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/10/2018

"Simple and Sweet"

Comments: Our company needed a piece of software that simply just delivered emails for us without any worry or hassle.

Pros: Very reliable and always fast. I feel that I can count on this software to deliver my messages fast and secure.

Cons: Customization could improve. It would be great to have a better contact section.

• Reviewed on 1/10/2018
Michaela V.
Food Blogger
  • Reviewed on 2/03/2018

"Great software, very competitive prices and amazing support! Cannot recommend EmailOctopus enough"

Pros: Competitive prices, best email support and I love the easy to use dashboard. Sending out campaigns is a breeze and I love the detailed statistics

Cons: At first, it wasn't very clear to me how to set up the AWS (Amazon Web Services Account) but everything was described perfectly on EmailOctopus and the support team was always very helpful.

• Reviewed on 2/03/2018
Hugh T.
Online Media, 2-10 Employees

"Amazing Software"

Comments: Great tool that saves me a lot of money each year

Pros: The price is probably the best advantage over competitors + the software is awesome

Cons: Could have a load more templates to choose from

• Reviewed on 8/06/2018

"Oh boy! I just love this tool"

Pros: I love this tool so much because they are the only Email service providers who are giving away 2500 subscribers for free. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I love the simple user interface and man they have a very in-depth documentation when it comes to setting up your account with Amazon SES. Trust me if you aren't a technical guy like me you'll still be able to set up your SES account with their simple to read and understand documentation like a breeze.

Cons: I didn't like the fact that I'm unable to segment my subscribers in the tool. I thought that thi, is limited to the free version and will be lifted once I upgrade. But when I contacted the support team they replied that isn't supporting this feature yet and don't have any plans in the future anytime soon which makes me a little disappointed.

• Reviewed on 8/06/2018
George V.
SDM
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2020

"Good option to keep costs down"

Comments: Happy with this service for my marketing email campaigns.

Pros: A good alternative to some of the larger mail providers. Has the main features required without the high cost per contact.

Cons: Suits my needs perfectly. I have a simple use case and do not need a large feature set. Works well for marketing emails

• Reviewed on 25/11/2020
Olga F.
author
  • Reviewed on 1/09/2020

"the best email service f"

Comments: it has been great

Pros: perfect for a small business, very easy to use, gives me lots for nothing

Cons: difficult to link with wordpress form pluggins

• Reviewed on 1/09/2020
Ruslan G.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/05/2019

"EmailOctopus saves us a ton of money"

Pros: Compared to Mailchimp and others EmailOctopus saves us a lot of money by leveraging Amazon sending capabilities.

Cons: Live preview of HTML coded emails could be better. Also a few more HTML templates would help a lot.

• Reviewed on 3/05/2019
Grace D.
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2021

"TERRIBLE"

Comments: Really terrible. Especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Customer Service.

Pros: I thought this would be of great value but after sending two emails, I had incredibly low open rates. I had only been on the platform for 5 days, and they won't even give me a refund! I would highly NOT recommend using this service. Customer support was also awful and would not process my refund, even after sending just two emails and being on the platform than less than a week. It's truly absurd.

Cons: I did not like anything about EmailOctopus and I would highly recommend others look elsewhere for their email service.

by EmailOctopus on 23/03/2021

Hi Grace,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your experience and I'm sorry we didn't meet expectations as an email marketing platform.

I understand the team have already reached out with a number of actionable tips on how you can improve your email open rate, these are both technical (such as setting up DKIM/SPF) as well as some more general email marketing best practices.

I appreciate some of these can be tricky, so we're very happy to lend a hand in getting those set-up so you can get your emails seen.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2021
Craige hardel -.
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2020

"Functional does the job"

Comments: it's been okay trying it out....use it for one of the funnels and it works. However it can be better

Pros: simple interface for a decent price at scale

Cons: not as robust as the other autoresponders and not the most integrations

Johan E.
Ceo
Program Development, 2-10 Employees

"Great value"

Pros: Great dashboard. All essential tools are included. Easy implementation in ios-seift

Cons: It requires an Aws-account. But it is also the reason for the low price.

Meenal C.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2019

"Cost effective Marketing solution."

Pros: Automation is very powerful. No more paying for monthly huge fees for non sending campaigns. Very low prices and add AWS email service which is very much afforable.

Cons: Onboarding is confusing but support is very much friendly.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2019
Sandra M.
Business Owner
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2020

"Enjoying EmailOctopus"

Comments: I have just sent one large email so far and didn't know how to maximize sending. I appreciate being told some simple things I can do for next time, my 2nd time.

Pros: What I like and appreciate most is the support team. I am always in a hurry, managing various projects and haven't had time to read all the support articles. In the meantime, the team has helped me out until I have time to read all the wonderful written information available.

Cons: No cons yet and I have used other software where I can't say the same thing.

• Reviewed on 20/01/2020