• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5

About Highrise

Simple cloud based CRM to keep track of the leads, conversations, follow ups, and tasks that are the lifelines of your business.

Learn more about Highrise

Kyle l. S.
Founder & President
Food & Beverages
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2017

"The key system to making my business run smoothly. We'd be a disorganized mess without it."

Comments: Allows our team and clients easy access to all communication and orders with our accounts. Highrise is a screen always open and in constant use. It's a very easy to use and appealing CRM.

Pros: Aesthetically, I find the website to be pleasing and easy to use. It's second nature to us now as we've been using Highrise for almost 7 years. All our accounts that used to live in my head are now neatly organized and accessible by my team and our clients. Amazing to be able to offer that transparency. We use the deals function and send out samples and orders. Highrise links with some other sites we use - mailchimp and easy insights to name a few. I love how you can set permissions and tailor each users view. When we were searching for a CRM we researched many options before settling on highrise. It's been critical to our growing business.

Cons: I haven't tried the app in awhile but it used to be abysmal. Creating a new user and assigning permissions is a huge chore for us. Creating a deal is very manual and there are lots of opportunity for human error.

Shirin E.
Co-founder & Cloud and Systems Engineer
  • Reviewed on 4/05/2018

"Excellent CRM platform for a startup that needs good collaboration and sharing."

Comments: Was able to see what the whole team was saying and emailing a client in a simple easy to navigate interface. It allowed us to tag clients for follow ups and to know exactly what vertical they were in and how we could best help them. It's very easy to organize your client data within this application .

Pros: You quickly get an understanding of the overall situation between the firm and your client. If you have have multiple people in your organization interacting with a client for customer support you will get a very nice overall picture quickly. The layout for this and organization of data on the screen is excellent for this purpose. The history is very easy to see and it would allow an organization to work with clients without having to ask them to tell the story over and over to different departments.

Cons: While CRM is client relationship management, HighRise performs well. It's not as robust a tool for an outbound sales campaign for a sales rep. The task and calendar management functions are good but it's not as slick for planning a territory based on how you search against clients and firms. The tagging feature if creatively used can overcome this minor issue

• Reviewed on 4/05/2018
David A.
Co-Founder | Chief Executive | Chief Platform Architect
Information Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2017

"I suggest ideas they arrive, I ask for help it is given with a smile, I get high availability,"

Comments: liked giving feedback in a thoughtful way, made it easy to do

Pros: It works, the team do great work, features trickle in, you provide great support, easy to use, easy to share with other people,

Cons: The lack of the following features creates work and reduces quality of our use - ability to use proper formatting of notes, basic bold, underline, bullet lists, numbered lists. Surely this is easy using Markdown and a toolbar
- Google drive and docs integration
- ability to have one person working at more than one organisation without using tags, we need this.
- ability to track history of a persons organisations and roles
- producing funnel charts and graphs from pipeline to improve dashboard reporting
- more text space for tasks window of entry too smal

Gabrielle V.
President | Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 9/03/2018

"I use Highrise daily. Can't do my work without this valuable tracking tool."

Comments: I don't have to remember information about contacts. It saves me time and makes me more efficient in my job. The reminders keep me on track with my daily "to-do's"

Pros: It has a place for all the data points I need. I like 1.) the layout 2.) ease of use 3.) simple data search options 4.) ease of import/export 5.) email filing integration (using dropbox email address in bcc)

Cons: The order of the emails that show in notes per person. It's a little hard to follow email timeline, so the order could be improved.

• Reviewed on 9/03/2018
Vicki F.
Program Administrator
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2016

"A Database Program That Has Multiple Functions"

Pros: Before we began using Highrise, we thought that we were going to have to hire someone to create a database for us, then hire someone to maintain it. When we discovered Highrise, this solved our issues. We are an executive search firm, and Highrise allows us to keep track of every job candidate who sends us a resume. We have their contact information at our fingertips, and we can attach their resumes and any other pertinent info to their Highrise entry. We have also found it extremely useful to use the tags. In this way, we can differentiate our candidates by the type of work that they do, and also by what positions they have applied for in the past. If we are trying to reach out to someone with a financial background, we do a Highrise search using our financial tag, and everyone who has financial experience will come up in the search. We can even narrow it down to region, city, state or zip code. We like using the notes so that any of our team members who look at a Highrise entry can see if there's anything about a particular candidate another team member found notable during a phone conversation, for example. We also really like how integrated Highrise is with LinkedIn, because we use LinkedIn quite a bit.
There are a lot of features of Highrise that are automatic that help us a lot. For instance, as long as a person's profile in Highrise has their email address, we can forward emails to a dedicated Dropbox email and Highrise will automatically pick it up and add it to that person's Highrise profile.

Cons: It's not very hard to overwrite an entry and you have to be careful when you are importing contacts from other software programs. It's time consuming when setting up the database to enter all of the data, however, Highrise has made it as easy as possible.

• Reviewed on 13/01/2016
Clinton B.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2016

"Highrise is a Great CRM"

Comments: Solid product, love seeing it being actively improved on a regular basis. Also have been using as easy to share task based system. LOVE the way I can add a bcc email address to help file all customer email conversations, that and the search make for a huge insurance investment to ensure we always know what was said for each client.

Pros: Easy to use, easy on the eyes, super functional.

Cons: Integration with Gmail is neat, but what about the rest of us?
After reminder or todo passes the expiry date program doesn't keep reminding user of old/late task (which is essential)
Would love to see some 'health' so clients that haven't been touched for awhile popup as needing a call/attention.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2016
Clinical Education Leader
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2018

"Easy, intuitive, and simple way to do customer relationship management."

Pros: I love the feed you get when you first log in. You can simply see all the most recent interactions. It's also very easy to add emails to the system - simply BCC your unique user email ID and it's added in automatically.

Cons: It's not easy to get helpful insights based on customers. It's also not easy to break down customer types. This is where it falls flat compared to a product like SalesForce. I wish there was a way to integrate the two.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2018
Stephanie M.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2018

"Good program"

Pros: Highrise is economical and provides many good features. The program allows for ease in putting in contacts and notes.

Cons: It is not easy to export data to another source. Does allow for export to Excel, but you are not able to export entire record with notes.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2018
Kevin b. L.
Co Founder - COO
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2017

"Support has been great, (email only) but great."

Pros: Minimalistic but feature packed. Gets us to the point, which is, contact customers sell them stuff.

Cons: Lacks some sales process parts but there are workarounds. Search has gotten slow now that we have 20,000 prospects.

Merrill L.
Director of Marketing Services
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2018

"Easy to use CRM"

Comments: It provides me the ability to create and follow up with leads while not having to remember the customer details of each campaign as the notes system is very user friendly.

Pros: Easy to import/export contacts, create new contacts, send broadcast messages and manage follow up's with leads.

Cons: I wish it had a drip system built in for automated follow-ups. The broadcast email system is a little buggy when replying to messages that were initially send via a broadcast. Watch out as it may try to reply-all when you just want to send to one specific person.

• Reviewed on 23/01/2018
Jim M.
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2017

"I found a product that was simple to use and flexible with data fields."

Comments: Fast and simple to use. Keeping data base updated is quite easy with mass update from list suppliers

Pros: Two things, the screen isn't taken up up with demographs. its on the right side of the screen the majority of the screen is left for notes and what our interactions are with the client. I can't commit on Customer Support, I haven't had to call them.

Cons: I find it somewhat difficult when I forget someone name and there's no company association, it can take some time to look through all the Bob's in the database.

Lori F.
Owner/Principal
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2017

"A CRM that makes life much easier!"

Comments: I stay on top of communications with my clients. Everything I've wanted the program to do for my business thus far, it has done quickly and easily.

Pros: I find this software very intuitive (which I very much appreciate, as I'm *not* a hardcore computer person). I can find and sort my contacts in a host of different ways, easily set reminders to follow up, keep track of whom I've contacted, when I've done it and perhaps best of all, exactly what I said!

• Reviewed on 18/10/2017
Kristin C.
COO/Sales Manager
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/12/2017

"Easy, effective & customer service is so responsive if I do have questions"

Pros: how easy it is to enter information and tag it. Pulling reports is super awesome and easy as well. Connecting my emails to the files is great!

Cons: The deals section seems to be for large deals. in our profession our deals are a little different. I wish we could customize for what we need but it's not a deal breaker. The price is so good you cannot complain about functionalities like that.

• Reviewed on 8/12/2017
Nancy N.
president
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2018

"Easy and Great Value"

Comments: We were organized with storing key customer information.

Pros: Cost for what you get. We have a small company, but this was organized, loved the email feature and very easy to use.

Cons: I don't think it has a link to calendar function.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2018
Kate B.
Marketing & Business Development Manager
Mental Health Care, 201-500 Employees

"Life Saving Tool"

Comments: As with any tool the data is only as good as what you input into it - but as long as you take the time upfront to input the data then it can be a lifesaver later!

Pros: You can link people together by company
Link email to notes on individuals
Reminders to follow up with people
great value for price
If you set up a common data entry rule and how it is input it is SO WONDERFUL to pickup where another team member left off. You can see all activity.

Ileana C.
Marketing & Business Development
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2015

"Incredibly useful for a small company/team that has to deal with plenty of leads efficiently"

Comments: Highrise is just amazing for a small company. Very straight forward, uncomplicated. It helped us immensely in dealing with 2000+ leads with only a 3 person sales force. On the con side, which is not really a con, just something I'd like to see in this product is an ability to see some statistics of the type of contacts that you have. Right now I have to sort them by tags and export in xls and then do a pivot chart - which is inconvenient. This feature would help to know the distribution of your portfolio and its evolution, at a glance. Who could use it:
Sales teams for managing contacts & deals
Marketing teams for managing contacts (PR, bloggers, journalists, suppliers perhaps)
Who couldn't use it:
Marketing for email marketing, campaigns, statistics - had to clarify this because CRM is often a misleading, blanket term for a lot of features.

by Highrise on 12/11/2015

Thanks Ileana! We appreciate the review and kind words. Also, we're in the midst of rolling out bulk email for simple marketing campaigns and are constantly making improvements to other features with reporting definitely on the radar. Check out our blog: http://blog.highrisehq.com for the latest updates.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2015
Vicki F.
Director of Administration
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/04/2019

"A Great Basic Database Program"

Comments: We found Highrise to be a program that worked well for us as an entry-level database program.

Pros: We found it to be extremely user friendly and intuitive. The tasks and notes features were helpful, and we liked that we could send emails straight to a contact's profile.

Cons: There were no levels of permissions for our users. This meant that everyone had the capability to change or edit items accidentally.

• Reviewed on 3/04/2019
Peter M.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2016

"It'd be freaking great if I could sync with my Android."

Comments: Overall, I love Highrise and have since it was introduced. Really, I have to make this 100 characters before you'll accept it? Seriously?

Pros: Having all the information about a client on the same screen is excellent.

Cons: Come on you guys, come up with an easy way to sync to Android.

by Highrise on 8/03/2017

Thanks for the review Peter. We released our Android App in January: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.highrisehq.android

• Reviewed on 26/07/2016
Marius B.
Key Account Manager
Facilities Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2019

"A surprisingly complete CRM"

Pros: Very light ,which doesn't diminish its range for capabilities . I like that with it you can prioritize files . The Customer Service is always quick to respond and resolve issues .

Cons: My only major complain is that the desktop version is very limited in capabilities . Constantly being online for the full product is not always an option .

• Reviewed on 28/07/2019
Galina G.
Public Sector Account Manager
Facilities Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Great for automated procedures"

Comments: HighRise helps me be more organized with storing essential customer data ,which makes me more efficient at work .

Pros: Supports third party apps very well ,which is essential for a CRM platform . It's light to run and the interface is user-friendly .You just set it up and are good to go with using it .

Cons: Compared to the desktop version ,the mobile one is severely underdeveloped .Compared to the main CRM we use ,HighRise doesn't do that good of a job when it comes to incorporating template emails .

• Reviewed on 11/12/2019
Jackie F.
Sales Manager
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2017

"Great for keeping organized account of customer interactions"

Pros: It's easy to schedule tasks to help keep you up with your customers and their activity.

Cons: A couple things I would like to see, being able to edit a task marked as complete. Sometimes I accidentally check the box and I don't mean too, would be nice to un-do it sometimes.
Also, maybe a reminder to contact someone who has had no activity on the page for a month but have the option to personalize it by tag. E.G. I have a tag for distributors. I would get a reminder about the distributors with this tag who have had no activity on the page in the last 30 days.

John K.
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2017

"Great software for organizing your meetings/calendar/contacts. It's like the secretary I don't have!"

Pros: Syncs with my Google Calendar and all my tasks/meetings are imported
Easy to add/remove contacts from the web-interface

Cons: Doesn't sync with my Contact List on my phone. I can't add a highrise contact to my phone's contact list. Nor can I search from my contact list (or my phone's search) to my highrise contacts. This addition would make it reach perfection

Chris M.
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2017

"Easiest CRM SOFTWARE AROUND"

Pros: Easy to build cases with, also easy to keep track of clients. My Virtual assistant can move through this software and never look back or have to be trained anymore on it it is that simple.

Erwin F.
Aviation & Aerospace, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2016
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2016
Scott L.
  • Reviewed on 1/02/2012

"Simplistic and affordable"

Comments: Hightrise does exactly what you expect from a solid CRM: It improves your customer service and your follow-up on leads while centralizing the company’s database of clients. My favourite core feature is the "dropbox", which is indeed an intelligent mailbox.

Pros: The tags allow me to assign a lead to an individual using their name

Cons: Sometimes a little bit too simplistic --> need for more features

• Reviewed on 1/02/2012