BOSS Solutions Suite Reviews

by BOSS Solutions

• Overall
    4.6/5
    4.8/5

About BOSS Solutions Suite

The BOSS Solutions Suite is an award winning fully integrated Help Desk / ITSM solution available both on the Cloud and On-Premise.

Learn more about BOSS Solutions Suite

William ".
I.T. Support Specialist Supervisor
Utilities, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"BOSS Support Central - A Remote Support Must Have!"

Comments: We have been with BOSS for over 5 years, and they provide exceptional customer service. Anytime that we have identified an issue, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been available to troubleshoot and report bugs to have it fixed in their next software release. They appreciate feedback and work to keep their product up to date.

Pros: The ability to login to Support Central from anywhere at anytime and process tickets is something that we cannot live without in the new COVID19 world. We have not missed a beat, and our end users are receiving the support that they want and expect in a timely, professional manner because of it. The Dashboard area allows for the creation of widgets to monitor ticket assignments, counts and more on the fly. We utilize routing, templates and automatic responses to make sure support issues are addressed as quick as possible.

Cons: We are very pleased with the product. The only recommendation that I have is for them to invest in a training and tutorial area for technicians to easily reference to learn of new features or to learn about how to get the most out of the product.

Ronald B.
Director of Information Technology
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2020

"Excellent platform for Service Desk"

Comments: We use BOSS service desk to manage the service desk requests, 811 (Call before you DIG) requests, inventory management and reporting of all these key metrics.

Pros: Our agency likes the flexibility within the platform. We use it to collaborate with our internal users as well as some of our external vendors. The platform allows our employees to keep all service tickets in one solution.

Cons: At this time we do not have any issues with the platform.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2020
Ginger J.
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2017

"Technology Specialist"

Comments: It's a great product for inventory and work orders. I'm not really impressed about the reports or how the work orders print. I really like how it works with AD to pull in MS equipment.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2017
Ryan M.
IT Service Desk Manager
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"No programming knowledge No problem"

Comments: My overall experience has been really good. I've always gotten the support I need when I've needed it in a very timely fashion.

Pros: Ease of deployment, ease of building out forms, setting up teams, custom routing etc. I like that most things are very easy to customize.

Cons: With the ease of use comes some restrictions. You're limited to just the options they give you. Since it's web based they can't really customize anything directly for you because it will impact all of their customers. I think reporting and some notification options could be improved as well.

Kurt W.
Systems Administrator
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Best Help Desk software we've ever used"

Comments: Overall experience has been very good. We've been able to customize and implement custom ticketing queues in several different areas of our organization, including Fleet Services, Building Maintenance, and Communications with more to come. A very positive experience.

Pros: The installation experience was easy, set up was intuitive, and they continue to make improvements with every iteration.

Cons: Reporting is a bit more limited than I'd like, but their support has been fantastic in assisting with generating custom one-off reports to fit our needs.

Katherine V.
Helpdesk Intern
Machinery, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Very User and Agent Friendly Application"

Comments: I solve computer issues remotely with Boss Desk as well as track the work we're doing in the office via walkups. With the use that we need I feel it does an excellent job at fulfilling it. I really enjoy many aspectsa of BossDesk that makes my work run smoothly! We rely heavily on this application and I couldn't see it any other way.

Pros: I enjoy the user interface and find it very easy to use on both the agent view and requester view. In my job I'm not only responding and dealing with tickets but putting in tickets for other issues and experience little to no issues! Very easy to see where I need to do.

Cons: There's only one thing I truly have to complain about and it's the weird refresh error I get. If I have bossdesk open for maybe an hour or so with no activity the moment I go to use it it'll freeze, refresh, and then give me an error screen. Then I just follow my bookmarked link and it all works again. I've become pretty used to it so it hasn't been too much of a pain if I'm honest!

Ronald C.
Infrastructure Manager
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"BOSS Ticketing System and more..."

Comments: Really fantastic product that makes ticket and asset management a breeze. Great support. Never have to wait for a response to a question.

Pros: It never stop surprising us with what it can do.

Cons: Missing a few things we had in 3.9. Used to be able to itemize purchases in tickets.

Nathaniel J.
Application Support

"Support Needs"

Pros: This application is very intuitive and very customizable.

Cons: The Role options, but those are currently being worked on to increase the flexibility in that feature.

Claude C.
Assistant IT Director
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2020

"3+ Years and Counting Satisfied BOSS Customers"

Pros: In addition to being straightforward to use for both my staff and our users, The graphical interface is very intuitive and provides many features/functions to our organization. Probably most helpful is the ability to create and track service tickets all from emails. For those users who are a bit more saavy the web interface is great and provides a more robust experience. Lastly, customer support is great!

Cons: Not too much in the complaint department. The software performs as you would expect and even has some additional bells and whistles that enhance the experience.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2020
Gary K.
Client Services Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Very Good Work Order & Asset Management System"

Comments: With over 15 yrs in IT, I find BOSS Solutions Suite to be the best Ticketing System for the price. Also, there is no annual increase in the cost for support .

Pros: The ability to track & manage Computer & Server Assets

Cons: Need the ability to communicate with other non-Windows based assets; i.e. Cisco network devices, printers, & Apple products.

Gary K.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2020

"Awesome product and support team for automating and streamlining your service desk."

Comments: We migrated from a legacy on-prem solution to a BoSS on-prem solution which we easily migrated to the BoSS SaaS solution. All of our information was easily migrated forward as we needed to make organizational changes. The BoSS solution suite is capable, flexible, adaptable, and easy to use, which has resulted in significant process improvements for our organization.

Pros: The integration and automation of service requests, and the ability to create a service request from multiple avenues. Being a SaaS solution enables access to tickets and inventory from any location and from any device. We are able to update our field techs with ticket assignments or ticket updates while they are in the field, and the techs are able to update the service ticket from the field with the latest information. This makes reporting close to real-time.

Cons: There's nothing that I can point to that I would regards as liking least about the solution, other than the solution won't actually perform the physical work itself :-)

• Reviewed on 26/06/2020
Ben S.
Senior Systems Analyst
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"Always can find new ways to leverage BossDesk to do more."

Comments: BossDesk is providing us with a solid ticketing system. The additional features like being able to turn emails into tickets makes this product very useful.

Pros: The software is easy to use and allows you to create customizable service requests, which has proven to be VERY helpful. There are a lot of features associated with BossDesk that allow you to feed into the application with email or Google, and this has proven to be a game changer for us. We can create a "comment" in a Google doc and use the Boss postbox feature to create a ticket off of this comment. We also can have a piece of IT equipment email a ticket into Boss when there is an outage. There are a lot of little integrations like these two examples that extend the usefulness of the application.

Cons: BossDesk has a dashboard with widgets that display ticket counts and allows you to open a view of those tickets - I wish it could use "custom" fields from the service requests to create dashboard items. Also, management would like to see more reporting features. All in all, still not too much downside to BossDesk.

Adam M.
Engineer
Medical Devices, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"Great Solution for your business!"

Pros: Was extremely easy to implement and set up. Training and the migration process was simple and took no time to adapt. Boss support responds very fast and handles your problem(s) professionally and quickly. From an administrative standpoint, ticket tracking and handling cannot get any easier.

Cons: Would like the ability for the end user to have the option to close out the ticket themselves once the problem is solved/fixed.

Yadira D.
Vendor Management Specialist
Banking, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/01/2020

"Great ticketimg system and easy freindly!!"

Comments: We are upgrading our system to v4.0 web based an is awesome, I like it because is more easy friendly and better to manage. I had less trouble implementing some settings and creating the service catalogs. I think that this is great ticketing system. I never have issues with support, they always help me, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], he is very knowledgeable and vey kind. Kudos for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros: That now they have the web based version, which we are in the process of upgrading. Also, the service catalogs, routing rules, reports, and the way to mage all the settings, is way easier than before.

Cons: I didn't like the reporting system. I had to contact support, if I wouldn't be able to create my SQL queries.

• Reviewed on 8/01/2020
John G.
IT Application Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2018

"Great Customer Service"

Comments: Overall I have been very satisfied with BOSS and would recommend it to other small to mid sized companies.

Pros: BOSS has great customer service. Every time I have had an issue they resolve it quickly. Our account engineer also stays on top of informing us of updates and helps us implement them in very helpful and prompt ways.

Cons: Their latest product has a few issues to still work through. AD integrated login wasn't included in the first several releases and that prevented us from updating. Although AD integrated login is now a part of the product, the lack of that feature made it feel like they pushed this version before it was really ready.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2018
David G.
IT Support Specialist II
Utilities, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"Flexibility and sleek desing"

Pros: The dashboard that gives me specific information related to only me is a great tool. I normally have my screen on the dashboard. The easiness and quickness to generate a ticket or check an asset is also hard to beat. Being able to create templates for certain tasks so that it auto-fills the bulk of the information is a great time saver.

Cons: The reporting feature is not the best in class and needs alot of work. It could be our side, but it often is very slow when running from the web portal as well. I think I still like the thick client better and did not really have slowness issues.

Russ M.
Director; Information Services
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"BOSS is on point"

Comments: Working with BOSS is great. The product is solid and support is fantastic. I appreciate how responsive they are to customer suggestions and that they engage with us personally to make sure we understand new features and functionality as it is added.

Pros: The software does exactly what we need. Great ticketing system, combined with very good inventory control tools. Very robust reporting.
My favorite aspect of working with BOSS is the fact that they remain flexible in adding features and functionality based in customer feedback and do so relatively quickly.

Cons: Have no concerns - it meets our needs perfectly.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Rick Y.
Application Support manager
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2017

"BOSS Solutions has been our partner for 10 years"

Comments: We have been partnering with BOSS Solutions since 2007 when they introduced DiagWin. It's been one of the most successful decisions we've made. Our positive experiences have encouraged us to extend this application into other county departments, and we've never regretted that decision. BOSS Solutions has offered their knowledge and experience to discuss options and to guide us on how to use their applications most effectively.

Pros: Superior customer service along with a solid, well-supported application

Cons: They need to improve their communication of new features and functions.

Jeff B.
CIO

"BOSS Support Central"

Comments: We began evaluating service desk solutions early in 2015. We reviewed options that were both on-premise and cloud-based, systems designed for large organizations and small ones, web-based vs. Windows, different levels of automation and reporting, and much more. In the end, BOSS Solutions was the clear winner for us. As we progressed with our testing, their development team worked very closely with our staff to further customize the product for us and our unique needs. Everyone was all great to work with and very accommodating to our requests. We have an excellent product at a very competitive price. We have been using Support Central for almost 1 year and are very pleased. I can highly recommend them as a top-notch service desk solution provider.

Pros: Very flexible. Easy to use interface. Scalable. BOSS worked with us to customize it for our needs.

Cons: We had to create a few reports on our own, but that will be true with any system.

Joedy G.
Client Support Analyst
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2017

"One of the Best Helpdesk and asset management software packages I've used"

Comments: We have been a Boss customer for about a year and a half now. The software works as advertised and the Support for the product is phenomenal. No matter what we want or need changed or ask, it is promptly taken care of and handled with professionalism. I cant say enough about customer support as they are always responsive and open to new ideas and concepts on improving the product not just for us but all their customers. Our ideas and needs are always considered seriously and we have seen the product evolve and change to meet whatever needs we may have as well as anticipate future needs.

Pros: Ease of use and customization

Cons: Reporting is a little less than inspiring but has definitely improved and the new version coming looks much better in this regard

Allan N.
IT Pro
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2018

"Awesome product and support staff."

Comments: We use this awesome product to manage our IT support processes to support all our employee needs.

Pros: BOSS is comprehensive and suits our environment. We like it so much I wish our organization could use some of the features to replace functions but we are prohibited and must use our in house products. Support staff and development teams are very interactive and eager to and constantly improving the product.

Cons: Nothing. I'm all in on this one. It is so diverse I don't think we will every utilize it all but who knows.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2018
Kim F.
System Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 2/10/2017

"My most useful tools providing service to my customers. Support Central, Web and Mobile Helpdesk. "

Comments: Implements our service response and keeps history.

Pros: Quickly write a ticket and assign it. Distributes with ease on 3 platforms. Support is very responsive and they've always helped me. Looking forward to the new web version. I hope to set it up with an ITIL theme. Very reasonably priced. Lots of webinars.

Cons: Someone in my organization designed the hierarchy before I got here and I would have done it differently. Will correct it when mapping to the new version. Had to learn SQL to get the kind of reports that I wanted.

• Reviewed on 2/10/2017
Bryan H.
it manager
Airlines/Aviation, 201-500 Employees

"Long time BOSS user"

Comments: I have been a BOSS user since the only product was DAIGwin. I have used the BOSS software at several locations and on several jobs. Each time I can honestly say that when an idea was presented from the user community, BOSS listened ad tried to implement the changes necessary to keep their software evolving.

Pros: We implemented the helpdesk software several years ago. it has always been user friendly and the changes that have been made along the way have helped our organization.

Cons: I am not sure that I have anything that I like least.

Network Administrator
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2018

"Helpdesk and Asset Management"

Comments: Great product, helpful company, good demos.

Pros: I feel confident that this software is going to be an excellent go-to for all our asset management needs, as it now is for our Helpdesk needs

Cons: We're having to remove its link from Active Directory because it isn't effectively pulling all our asset information the way it should so we will have to do this manually - but then again, there are other things we want on there that aren't in AD so we would have to do it anyway

• Reviewed on 13/12/2018
Debbi K.
Network Administrator
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2017

"Good System for Inventory and Incidents"

Comments: Inventory of our entire network - provides more options than we typically need but we can grow into it; helpdesk ticketing system

Pros: The ability to sync users and assets with Active Directory, reducing data entry -- the new upgrade looks as though it will take away my #1 current con which is having to be SQL capable in order to get out of much of what I need. I have high hopes

Cons: All Current system cons (current system on its way out in months though): the need to know SQL; system lags

• Reviewed on 18/05/2017