• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About Atera

Atera is the ultimate all-in-one RMM Software for MSPs and IT Pros. Fixed Cost with unlimited devices, Its that simple. Try for free.

Learn more about Atera

Showing 25 reviews of 184

Robert D.
Technology Manager
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2020

"Makes my life easy!"

Comments: Extremely positive. Their support is excellent and they are very willing to listen to feedback.

Pros: For us it is all about problem alerting and remote management both of which work extremely well for us. I also use (lightly) the patching tools.

Cons: I still find the patching and scripting tools to be a bit of a bother. My biggest complaint is the patching tool that does scheduling does not seem to pick up machines "after the fact" if they are not online when the schedule fires. The tool itself works well, it is the scheduler that seems to have issues.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2020
Steven W.
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2019

"Atera, the one stop, low cost, go to, for all your IT Managed Services needs"

Comments: When we started our IT Managed Services business, we had gone with another vendor for PSA, RMM, and Remote Support. After spending thousands of dollars and wasting untold hours doing configurations, we thought that there had to be a better way. That is when we found Atera! I only wish we would have found Atera sooner because we would have saved so much time and money. It is clear that Atera was built from the ground up, by people who understand what it's like to run an MSP. We setup the free trial, then had Atera up and running in literal MINUTES. Seriously, in minutes we had the entire thing configured, with our branding and email and automated ticketing responses. Also, the fact that you are not charged for every agent has been such a blessing to our clients because that means that, we are able to put agents onto systems that we otherwise would not have. So, even system that only get break fix support, can now have an agent on them, which allows us to remotely troubleshoot them. This fact alone saves tons of money and time!
Bottom line, if you are a new MSP or even a seasoned provider, you will get a tremendous value from choosing or switching to Atera. One last thing I will say. Since Atera recently moved the entire platform over a Microsoft Azure infrastructure, they have been pushes out updates and improvements a breakneck pace!

Pros: Low cost of entry and low monthly cost
No cost for per agent
VERY easy setup
VERY easy to use

Cons: Not as feature rich as some of the pricier competitors, but since moving to Microsoft Azure, they have been adding new features left and right!

by Atera on 17/04/2019

Thanks so much Steven! We truly appreciate your great feedback and are happy to say that we are continuing to make daily updates to make your experience even better!

• Reviewed on 11/04/2019
  • Reviewed on 7/11/2018

"Atera Review aftera few months of Use"

Comments: Things have been great. I am a one man shop and even though I have been with Atera a few months now, I still consider myself an onboarding customer. I am no longer taking on new clients as my workload is full, but I do feel that once I am completely switched over, not only will I be more organized, but I will also be saving a lot of money that can be reinvested.

Pros: The obvious benefit is the pricing model for Atera. I can now add devices and then worry about the billing later as it is not by device. I also like the rate of updates, and the quick access to a live chat support during the day. All of the features I would need daily are there, task manager, service manager, event logs, etc....as well as some nice extras I haven't yet to configure but will soon, like the Help desk agent that provides endpoint chat to your customers with automatic ticket creation.

Cons: Some things are a little clunky and not as intuitive as they should be, or not yet a 'polished' module and needs some work. Some examples: the event logs are now full of atera service entries that drown out most useful items, they said there is a way to filter it out, but I have't found a way to stop just Atera entries.
Looking for software installed using the reports doesn't allow you generate all software on an endpoint, just where a specific piece of software is installed. Most MSPs (afaik) would prefer to see all software installed, as well as having the ability to look for software, so that they can locate bad things installed.
File transfer speed through Splashtop is very slow, but I have other remote tools that don't make this an issue for me. There is very little asset tracking for hardware or software installed as well. You also cannot view software installed on an offline device.

• Reviewed on 7/11/2018
Bob B.
  • Reviewed on 25/12/2019

"They hit the sweet spot..."

Comments: Excellent experience. Wish I found them years earlier.

Pros: They started with a clean slate, fresh thinking and single purpose. There is no bloat. They hit the sweet spot. We ditched a system that was costing us more, but price isn’t everything or even the most important thing… We are now doing more with our RMM than ever before. -It’s easier to use, does everything we need and the support is fantastic!

Cons: If you run it up on your mobile device, the UI is a little more limited, for example I could not find a way to run scripts. To work around this, navigate to the device you want and tell your browser to switch from mobile to desktop version of the site. They are also releasing a native mobile app soon, perhaps it will include ability to run scripts on mobile in a more streamlined manner.

• Reviewed on 25/12/2019
Charles K.
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2020

"Atera is a great product"

Comments: Overall we have been very pleased with the product

Pros: I like the remote management ,bundling with Splashtop, integration with Anti-Virus and other packages. There is far more features than we use.

Cons: I would like some tweaks to the reporting but nothing is a show-stopper

Lanny A.
Network Analyst
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2020

"Great MSP Program"

Comments: Great solution for overall RMM

Pros: Everything is easily accessible. A few clicks and you're where you need to be. Auditing reports are a life saver!

Cons: Haven't found one issue. This solution work's great for any MSP looking to keep close tabs and easily manage their client.

• Reviewed on 23/01/2020
Ero H.
Admin

"Feedback"

Comments: excellent

Pros: Good and clear overview from the beginning. Fast customer service

Cons: Ticket system is a tricky.
The reports could be more detailed and it could be possible to make more precise choices yourself.

David F.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"I'm living in Atera!"

Comments: I'm using Atera since 2011 and cannot imagine my life without this system.

Pros: We are a MSP that supports SMB market. For us, Atera is THAT enabling tool that drives our day to day operations - supporting our customers and allows us to be proactive.

Cons: Some really useful features are payed add-ons. Some of the, like Network Discovery are quite pricey.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Information Technology Technician
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/04/2019

"Great overall RMM, PSA, and more"

Comments: It is helping us better manage our clients as a Managed Service Provider for our business.

Pros: I really like how everything is integrated into the system in order to access and manage our clients.

Cons: The issues of not being able to connect at times with Atera agent and Splashtop Remote Service as Agents will show offline when they are in fact not in other remote access software.

by Atera on 17/04/2019

Thanks so much! We are happy to hear about your great experience working with us. As always please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

• Reviewed on 2/04/2019
Terry I.
IT Specialist
Law Enforcement, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/03/2019

"Good product"

Comments: The support is outstanding. Any question I have is answered quickly. Product is easy to use and reliable.

Pros: It was easy to get started with, right out of the box. Still bumping up against some limitations, but I didn't pay to have this product developed to meet my specific needs, so it's to be expected. But they are very active in making enhancements to the product. it seems like at least once a week I get a friendly announcement that some feature has been added. I really like that.

Cons: It integrates with ScreenConnect (which is my preferred method of remote access, the gold standard) but only if you already have a ScreenConnect license. Nice that they give you that functionality, not so nice that it's not built in and I still have to go buy a license from ScreenConnect if I want to use it.

• Reviewed on 8/03/2019
Tony T.
Service Manager
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"Intuitive, Powerful and Easy to Use RMM + PSA All In One Tool"

Pros: Love the integrated PSA and RMM which work in harmony. One place to manage all my business. The automatic timer saves me tons of time tracking my hours.

Cons: It is not as configurable as some of the larger RMM or PSA, for the most part it's a good thing, but prepare for surprises. You need to test drive it first.

Scott W.
Microsoft Cloud Architect
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2019

"Best bang for the buck..."

Comments: The support team is very good and when I did think there was a problem, they were quick to respond and found it was (my) user error. :)

Pros: I performed a thorough Decision Document that surveyed the current RMM/PSA landscape and found Atera to be the best value overall. I have helped other service providers implement it as well.

Cons: I haven't found anything to criticize about Atera's performance or execution.

• Reviewed on 11/03/2019
Sammy E.
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2020

"Best MSP"

Comments: My overall experience has been a Good one. I do not have anything bad to say about Atera.

Pros: The software is very easy to use from the deployment to the usage.

Cons: As anything, there is away an improvement process to make the product better.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2020
Boaz A.
Consumer Services
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2015

"Atera Alpha Control"

Comments: Outstanding SaaS RMM + PSA + Remote Connection with a disruptive pricing model
Atera is used by our team to monitor networks, track tickets, manage our billing, remote connection, and report on all IT issues that are happening within our customer’s networks. The simple user interface allowed us to deploy very quickly and our team uses it to the maximum. The pricing model is very important for us, because it stays fixed and predictable even if we add more customers or monitored devices.

Pros: Great for all aspects of running an MSP business. Simple and easy to use. Pricing model a breakthrough.

Cons: For running an MSP business, there aren't any cons that I can think of.

• Reviewed on 25/11/2015
Jorge P.
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2017

"Good RMM, if you are new to MSP you need this."

Pros: I love the pricing model of Atera, which is per Tech (unlimited agents) it has all the features that you need to run your MSP business, really easy to use.

Cons: It lacks a third party patching system, but hopefully gets implemented as the time goes, everything else is great.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2017
Koen B.

"Earning satisfied customers"

Comments: Since we use Atera software, a lot off our 'normal' time goes to real income situations. Before we had a lot of quick jobs, called bij the client and by this non-chargebale. This has changed and profit rises.
Also the updates and so on that are programable gives u a lot of room for real business.
We are very happy with Atera.

Pros: Easy interface
Quick overview
Realy good support
Not to expensive

Cons: non, except maybe the language, but which it-person doesn't know English

Robert F.
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2020

"Atera Good RMM"

Pros: good features, tech support, ease of use, price

Cons: nothing right now, they keep making nice feature upgrades

• Reviewed on 30/12/2020
Jason Z.
Independent Network Engineer
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"Great alternative to the BIg name RMMs, excellent service for the price."

Comments: Overall ive had a good time with this produce, and it allows me to keep a better eye on all my clients networks, and frees me up for other things. If your a small provider, this is a great deal, way better then overly bloated big name RMMs.

Pros: It greatly enhances my ability to service all my clients, and provides good Maintenance and Monitoring, reports, scripting of tasks, all the things I could want as a small service provider.

Cons: Perhaps integration with Bitdefender and Carbonite, but not a necessity.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Point of Sale Specialist
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"A great alternative from Kaseya VSA. Won't be looking back. I do like that they have online support"

Pros: I do like that the software interface is easy to use and the reports work straight away. the updates are also making it a more feature filled remote management solution for small MSPs.

Cons: The Bugs are annoying, but every update they seem to fix them as they arrive. I do wish they had a file explorer module for the webpage without having to remote into the agent.

• Reviewed on 14/03/2018
Raynard S.
IT Adminsitrator
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"I have thoroughly enjoyed using the Atera product."

Pros: The product is easy to deploy. Feature rich, the fact that it includes a Remote Access agent and tools enables support to be done that much faster and simpler.

Cons: There are not many things wrong with Atera. It would be great if it was better able to scan the network for devices, printers and routers ect. Along with linking serial numbers to warranty information.

Cory J.
IT Administrator
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2018

"Wonderful IT consulting solution"

Pros: RMM and help desk deployment option, easy to view and edit endpoint options makes working in office and home a breeze.

Cons: Anti virus solution that is incorporated into Atera. Never been a fan of webroot, way to intrusive for my needs but that is more a webroot issue than it is atera.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2018
Nathan S.
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2016

"Was happy until false motherboard overtemp readings were constantly issued"

Comments: I must admit that during my initial testing I found all was good until I added PCs which triggered a false motherboard reading of 106 degrees c . The actual temp was 36 - 38 . Unfortunately the only solution offered by Liron was to set the threshold to 107 degrees which would wipe out the function.

Pros: Very economical and many features others don't have

Cons: Not as much technical spec and readings shown such as real temps, fan speeds etc . System relys more on preset level alerts which gives you less active data to look at.

• Reviewed on 10/09/2016

"atera"

Comments: i like the product very much it works like a charm and is very useful for managed services. we use it for the contracts with our customers. remote control is also very good

Pros: simple to use, easy to set up

Cons: navigation inside application is sometimes hard

Rene M.
  • Reviewed on 3/02/2016

"Great product which keeps improving"

Comments: We have been using Atera aControl for quite a while now. It has evolved to a great product and it is still evolving. I also think that is it's greatest pro. They listnen to their users and incorporate input and ideas.
There could be some more improvement here and there, but at this moment I only think the remote control feature is not up to par yet.
Overall we are very satisfied with it.

• Reviewed on 3/02/2016
Simon B.
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2016

"Atera - MSP Platform - Simplicity not Complexity"

Comments: We looked at many different MSP platforms for our growing business, such as Solarwinds N-Able, Managengine, PRTG, but found that Atera has the easiest interface to use. It is also feature rich, while not having the clutter that many other over-the-top MSP platforms have. Setting up tickets and customers is quick and easy and on-boarding new engineers is simple.

Pros: Ease of use, great interface, fast, easy to configure, great support

Cons: being able to import SNMP MIBS would be great.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2016