• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About Atera

Atera is the ultimate all-in-one RMM Software for MSPs and IT Pros. Fixed Cost with unlimited devices, Its that simple. Try for free.

Learn more about Atera

Jake G.
IT Admin / Onsite Tech
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2020

"Recommend to any IT admin or service company"

Comments: Fantastic!

Pros: Easy to keep track of all customers and their equipment. The alerts is a major plus and the ability to break down certain customers to folders for locations is great. The integration with Splashtop and Teamviewer is a big deal also. Pushing scripts remotely, installing software remotely and the automation of patch management is incredible and invaluable to my job. My favorite thing though has to be the dedication the Atera team shows this product as it is being constantly improved and added to which my previous product did not.

Cons: Honestly I have not dug into every part of the software because I just have no need to use every single feature. The worst thing I would say is probably the file size limitation when moving files via Manage > File Transfer

by Atera on 17/02/2021

Thank you for the review Jake, and for the nice words! Our team is constantly working on the product, and seeing our customers and partners notice our work, and make good use of our features is what is driving us forward. If you are interested in finding out more about Atera, feel free to use our fresh Atera Academy module, which will showcase features and ways of optimizing your workflow in fun and interactive ways, including quizzes!

David M.
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2020

"Best RMM for the Price - No options left out"

Comments: Works great! Saves me a ton of time by automating a lot of my processes and allowing me to focus on the problem areas.

Pros: Very easy to install, immediate access to computers and can see all necessary information. The automated profiles is a game changer.

Cons: Have had issues when we took over from another IT company that was using Atera. Had to get a different uninstall script .bat file to remove their connection. (vs simple uninstall of Atera) It would be nice if that script were included in the Atera uninstaller.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2020
Brandon C.
CTO

"Great option for MSP's"

Comments: I love the product. I am so happy I found it in my searching for an RMM. I was using a home grown solution that was clunky and I didn't really have time to build out. This has what I need, and the cost is far better then other solutions!

Pros: It is very easy to use, does what you need it to, and helps automate a lot of headache tedious things for most MSPs.

Cons: Its a growing product, so really the only thing I have a slight issue with is the email. If I could just have it hook into my email account instead of a forward to the created account it would be easier to deal with.

by Atera on 17/02/2021

We are so happy to hear that Atera saved you the time and money, Brandon! We will share your email feedback with the product team, and discuss how we can better integrate with email vendors. Here's to many more years of success!

Computer & Network Security, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"Great Platform for MSPs"

Pros: Atera has been great and my company has been through most all of the big name PSA/RMM combos. It was easy to setup, easy to use on a daily basis, and they are continuing to add features it seems weekly. Lastly, the cost compared to the other guys is so low, I thought there had to be a catch...but there is no catch!

Cons: There are some automation options for ticketing and RMM that aren't available yet.

• Reviewed on 24/11/2020
Kiran M.
SE
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/07/2020

"Best automation and RDP to connect"

Comments: Happy to work remotely to jump on any OS machine.

Pros: Best in remote access to connect any time and this is very easy for IT admin to jump on. Always BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT to take owner ship.

Cons: 1. More integration and need more Knowledge base documents

• Reviewed on 8/07/2020
Ryan L.

"Go Atera!"

Comments: Organizing and managing different clients and computers has been great.

Pros: It was a breeze to setup. Tons of functionality to automate scripts, RDP to client computers, easy to organize client computers. The layout is super easy to learn. Basically what I love most about Atera is the easy-of-use of it all. It's very detailed, but simple at the same time.

Cons: I have used Atera for approximately 6 months and have found no cons with it so far.

Rob R.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 4/11/2020

"Cost effective and rapid development of features"

Pros: Great company to work with. They actually care about their customers and their success. The flat per technician pricing is fantastic.

Cons: Product is still growing. However, they are furiously adding features and making it stronger every day.

• Reviewed on 4/11/2020
Richard M.
Strategic Initiatives Analyst
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2019

"Atera Has Support figured Out!"

Comments: My overall experience has been exceptional. I am a raving fan and recommend Atera frequently to colleagues in my peer group.

Pros: I have used several remote support and help desk applications over the years going all the way back to Tivia in the 1990's. Atera is easy to install, the remote access, reporting, and patch management superior and their customer support is hands down the best I have experience across any application. Atera is the first app I load in the morning and the last I shut down at night.

Cons: I wish some of the reports had more html functionality

• Reviewed on 27/06/2019
Martin M.
Photography
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2015

"MSP Resources for the "Little" Guy"

Comments: With over 25 years providing individual and SMB hardware, software, training, Internet, support as a the "Virtual IT Guy", the evolution of off premises services and support places the traditional "Break | Fix" IT support role at risk. First came the ease of remote access to client computers reducing the number of times an onsite visit was required to kill a print job or configure an email account or any traditional on site services. The Enterprise computing environment has had resources for remote connectivity and support for many years. Such has not been the case for individuals and SMB. If one considers RMM | PSA | billing functionality, it has always been device oriented resulting in costs exceeding SMB ability and willingness to pay. The redeeming and game changing aspect of ATERA is the pricing model by user as opposed to device. It is now possible to become an MSP with serious MSP Tools. It is now possible to continue to service clients as an MSP. Where I have envisioned days being numbered with respect to supporting clients, Atera now makes it possible to go head on head with the more traditional MSP service providers and come out on top

Pros: The biggest plus is the User versus Device billing model. It is a small, customer orientated company that easily responds to email and inquiry. I believe, if they can do something to help, they will. They are also listening to ideas and suggestions to help with the continuing evolution of ATERA.

Cons: A small, new company with whom one must be willing to grow services as they become available. It places one in a position of wanting some services NOW that will have to come later as the company continues to evolve.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2015
Manny D.
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2017

"New way for IT Support"

Comments: We are a small IT Support service provider. Growing our client base was always going to be a problem as access to quality trained IT Tech's are not always available.
Changing our business model from break-fix to Managed Support via Atera, allowed our business to grow without the huge overhead costs.
Our clients are impressed as we are able to predict risks to business without costly site visits.
Atera's service is great and product is very easy to use out the box.

Pros: Easy to use
Full training available
Great support team
Good product development
Very cost effective

Cons: Non

• Reviewed on 14/01/2017
Koen B.
manager
  • Reviewed on 3/09/2018

"atera is top"

Pros: It gives us a very good overview of our clients. We can manage from a distance and without overtaking screen the most of our customers.
Updates etc are done in a minute.
Top and for a good price... Value for money!

Cons: the colour is not my taste ;) No realy it is great.

• Reviewed on 3/09/2018
H. K.
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2018

"ATERA has been instrumental in our ability to deliver a consistent service level to customers."

Comments: Helped us streamline our processes and service delivery to our managed services clients.

Pros: A user-friendly all-in-one integrated platform including RMM and PSA. ATERA's Dashboard and User Interface is functional and well thought out. The continuous development of new features and capabilities.

Cons: Messaging Subsystem / Weak Automation Rules / Minimal Ticket Reporting / Not ITIL-Ready / Unable to Export/Archive Data

• Reviewed on 29/03/2018
Thomas C.
Technical Support Technician
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2020

"Great Software to Use"

Comments: I have has a good experience with atera and love all the features

Pros: I love how I can have all my clients machines in one place to be able to access them

Cons: I think the Audit reports can be better and can be more through in the software inventory and allow you to see what computer and licence is assigned like nable allowed.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2020
Paul Y.
Information Services Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/11/2020

"Best Value for the Money"

Comments: It has helped keep me on task and not rely on lists and memory for service and project needs.

Pros: Integration with out business was so easy given that many of our end users are tech averse. It has been a time saver for everyone to quickly make us aware fo their IT issues while also moving on with their day.

Cons: The option to setup a choclately server thats already preconfigured/customizable would be awesome. For me, i dont have time to do it at my site.

Wallace D.

"Good Product"

Comments: Has been easy to use, no real issues, most things pretty self explanatory

Pros: Has lots of features. Easy access to your machines, good ticket tracking

Cons: Uses splashtop for connection. Works good once connected but is slow in comparison to other products to get connected.
Wish it had options with processing more than just command prompt with out logging completely into the machine.

Jaïd M.
IT Engineer
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/11/2020

"Nice product and good support."

Comments: We can quickly see where there are problems through the dashboard. and then quickly help the customer
We are very satisfied with the product and all the new additions to come.

Pros: Product works simple and well.
yet you can turn on and use advanced stuff

Cons: we missed an SNMP option to easily add devices with the ID's but after a request this option was added.
only a better note field or password manager would be nice.

Thomas R.
  • Reviewed on 8/03/2018

"Very easy implementation and intuitive user interface."

Comments: Return of investment.

Pros: Day to day use of the product, and very good service from support. The product is affordable and gives very good value for the price.

Cons: Sorry to say i have no cons to give you. As i have stated, this product is perfect for our use, and you need to find someone else to give cons on this product.

• Reviewed on 8/03/2018
Philip D.
Information Security Specialist
Veterinary, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2018

"Overall my experience with Atera has been great. Support has been incredibly responsive when needed"

Comments: Easy access to machines when off site. Management of network devices. Notifications of outages.

Pros: I love the ease of use. The ability to track my time and potential billing costs is great. There is not a lot of overhead for setup and management of this solution. I love the cost per technician rather than cost per endpoint. Easily deployed agents, and scripts.

Cons: I dislike that I can not be logged in on multiple devices. The lack of a mobile device app. Inability to have down servers create notifications until they check back in.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2018
Shahar L.
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2015

"Atera is great for startups and new MSPs"

Comments: I really like Atera – It’s great for startups and new MSPs, we use it for a 360 view of our business; Alerts, Tickets, Billing, Reports and Remote connection. The pricing model is also very good - so you can control costs and growth. The combination of monitoring and professional services automation in one system without the hassle of integration is very powerful.

Pros: Very straightforward and easy to use. Pricing model is fantastic.

Cons: Some reports can be cumbersome if you have a very complex issue

• Reviewed on 30/11/2015
Carl A.
Network Engineer
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2020

"Possibility to be Great"

Comments: So far, the ease of setup and usage is promising with this product. They are adding features regularly so there is a lot of potential for this product to move to a higher level and be ranked much better.

Pros: Easy to install
Setup and configuration is fairly straightforward
Management for multiple clients and organizations

Cons: No Dual monitor support when accessing machines through remote interface.
Alerts are a bit sensitive and respond to any trigger even if the trigger is for a short amount of time
Ticket list can use more functionality and closed tickets should automatically move to an archive screen.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2020
Ken Z.
IT Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2018

"Great experience so far. Easy to use and informative."

Comments: Tech support and other information about the device to help troubleshoot.

Pros: The information about the last logged in and the PC name on the same screen. The grouping of different businesses or you can see all devices.

Cons: I don't have the reporting tool available to me so it's not really a con. Splash top can be fussy at times.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2018
Michael M.
IT Consultant
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2020

"Helping durnig Covid-19"

Comments: Great experience, I am able to fix most problems quickly without have it visit the site

Pros: I am able keep my clients up and running with minimal exposure

Cons: Sometimes I want to print info from job tickets and there is no print option, yet

• Reviewed on 20/07/2020
Gilles F.
System engineer
  • Reviewed on 7/03/2019

"Our great toolbox for everyday"

Pros: Everything is in it. Help desk with ticketing, monitoring, scripting, remote contol,...

Cons: Monitoring of specific device like snmp (no mib)

• Reviewed on 7/03/2019
Manny D.
  • Reviewed on 8/12/2015

"Cloud MSP management"

Comments: I recommend Atera, as a SME IT Support provider, it allows us to cost effectively change our business model from break-fix to MSP. The people are friendly and support great from Atera. Its a true cloud solution with a very small device app.

Pros: * No long term contracts
* Easy to use out of the box
* Great support
* Cost effective
* No fancy technical training required to use

Cons: * New company
* No Apple device app

• Reviewed on 8/12/2015
Amit P.
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2016

"Fanstasic RMM Software"

Comments: This software works amazingly well. With a disruptive pricing model they are sure to make big waves in the industry. This product saves me hundreds of dollars every month that can be used to add value elsewhere in the business

• Reviewed on 28/01/2016