An awesome platform worth 5 stars

Sallie S.
Program Manager
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The past 14 or so months with Aha! has helped us evolve our internal processes and break down barriers to provide more consistent and streamlined cross-collaboration across our teams. Working with Aha! has been a very positive experience.

Pros: I always tell people that Aha! brings together the why and the how of a solution, giving the view into the overall strategy components of a solution, mixed with the back end development and ongoing progress. It captures everything our teams needs to collaborate, stay informed, share, and stay on track. It's easy to use and the support team is fantastically responsive, knowledgeable and friendly. As someone with little technical background, the platform and an ever-growing knowledge base made it easy to customize the experience to our unique needs.

Cons: Sometimes too many options can be a bad thing. Aha! will let you do basically anything you want, but sometimes having that ability makes it feel overwhelming. However, I'd hardly call that a con since 1) I'd rather have too many options than not enough, and 2) the support team and knowledge base help you through whatever scenario you're in.

A Product Manager's best friend

Reviewed on 19/06/2018
Simon M.
Chief Operating Officer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Having been on a long journey over the years with many different types of project/product management software solutions, none of them ever seemed to be "the one". Aha takes a different approach, and focuses on management of end-customer value that is aligned against the vision you have for your company and its products. It's the first work management platform I've used that took this holistic approach, and actually its massively empowering. I'm now able to construct high level roadmaps for complex projects that span multi-discipline teams that can be reported to all stakeholders very clearly and easily. Managing the features the team are going to focus on in a customer centric way is also great. Yes, you can use Aha for task management, but often in a product management capacity it's more important to express WHAT customer outcomes & benefits we want, and then let the team figure out HOW to deliver them. Moreover, the customer support from the Aha team is excellent, with plenty of guides not just how to use the platform, but also how to strategically tackle typical challenges that product managers face. I highly recommend Aha. It's a liberating product from a team that clearly have an awesome culture based around customer success.

Cons: Aha is a sophisticated tool that's very flexible and configurable so it takes a little while to get fluent with everything it can do, and understand the best workflow patterns with it. That said, once you find your groove it gets much easier. The support team help with that though.
Pricing is also in the premium end of the market, particularly for smaller companies, but then you do tend to get what you pay for.

Great Tool for Project & Portfolio Mgmt

Reviewed on 23/05/2017
John P.
Director, Project Management Office
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We can share project information and status immediately within our team, also useful for visual displays for internal and external meetings.

Pros: As an IS project management team, we like Aha's ability to organize all project and portfolio information in one spot. The custom report section's timeline report is used frequently for all portfolio reviews, and it allows us to drill down to a product, release, feature with 3 clicks.
We also use the comments sections for meeting minutes and another task tracking. I would estimate we only use 50% of Aha's capabilities but are very happy with our purchase. I Also customer service is 5 star when I submit an email I get a response often within the hour.

Cons: There is a bit of a learning curve, but videos help. I think you need a senior resource that will take a couple weeks to sift through all the features and identify what's important for your implementation vs. nice to have. Since we are an IS PM team, we don't use strategy and ideas, we only use product, release, features & reports tabs. We have experimented with strategy and ideas features but have not had the time to fully explore. There are a couple of items I have mentioned to customer service:
I would like the ability to store documents with the assurance I can recall if needed - currently, when I attach word docs I have to keep a backup in SharePoint based on advice from customer service.
I would like the calendar to exclude weekends as the default (or as an option) currently when I set up releases using my templates I have to go in and change start and end dates to workdays,

Aha! is a refreshing restart for Project Management software after a big search for a suitable tool!

Reviewed on 15/09/2017
Ryan G.
Implementation Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Increased ability to manage projects effectively and an ability to handle more projects without a decrease in organization. Upscaling the company's activities as we grow, Aha! is able to positively affect a single project, and also adds benefit when managing multiple projects in an environment that may be stretched for resources at any given time. Aha! can grow with your company.

Pros: Vast amount of functionality related to almost all aspects of project management. The scheduling tools to set up different timelines and dependencies on a project is the best I have seen in a single self-contained project management tool. Apart from basic time management and scheduling tools there are also a wide array of data analysis that can produce graphs, charts, and reports on project details recorded into Aha!, providing info previously unrecorded or not taken advantage of while using previous platforms. This allows you to see how much time you spend, your pain points, and areas of improvement for a single project or for the entire company as a whole.

Cons: As with any complicated software, the software has a steep learning curve and it is difficult to build new processes in a company for a program with this much coverage and that touches so many aspects of the company. Oftentimes when we began using the product for a certain purpose we found that it was often required to make adjustments in other areas of the company to effectively use the software. A good example would be our adjustment of protocols in the company with JIRA to effectively leverage functionality in Aha!. This often meant work required in those areas that was not initially foreseen. However, when was said and done - after on-boarding the product the benefit was a net increase in our ability to effectively manage projects.

This product has it all.

Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Grant M.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Excellent experience so far. Putting more time into the setup and structure pays dividends later down the track. This is where the training and documentation really puts it ahead of the competition as we have not had a situation where we have not found an answer.

Pros: This product can scale like our aspirations - it is very useful when you are small for structuring how to work, and when you are large for managing the multiple streams of development.
Great integration to other products like Azure DevOps and Microsoft Teams as well, this formed a large part of our decision-making for purchase.

Cons: At first we struggled with integrating this with our standard project management tools. Then we realised that educating our delivery leads to use the built-in tools was more efficient (and cost effective) than double-handling! Problem solved, and efficiency gains as well.

Tool of choice for Marketing Management

Reviewed on 28/10/2019
Neil O.
Marketing Manager
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our business lacked proper management of our (extensive) marketing functions. All goals, initiatives and timelines existed in emails, on white boards, notebooks and post-it notes. But by putting all this data into one place we're always able to link every activity to an over-arching goal, focus on those activities that will bring the highest reward and track where we're at in terms of meeting targets. This is the first time we've really started taking our marketing management seriously and we reviewed a whole range of competitors to Aha!. Aha! has turned out to be the Goldilocks of project management apps since the others we tried have either been too complicated or too simple. Everybody in our team have their own jobs to do, they're all busy people so trying to get them to buy into a complicated project management program would never work, but Aha! has achieved maximum adoption with minimum training (an no grumbles).

Pros: I like the flexibility of this software, you can get started by setting up all your top-level strategy info and work you way down, or just jump in by getting some of the tasks off your desk while adding in the high-level stuff to see results right away. Aha! talk you though their hierarchy in great detail, but there's loads of flexibility to customise it for what works for your business and it was easy to get this set up. Their Demo templates are also useful to give context to some of the features.

Cons: Aha! has been well thought out and it's highly adaptable for many different businesses, however this can appear daunting when you're first starting out since you feel you need to use every tool they have, but when you start dropping in some of your 'real' data you can see which features work, which you'll grow into and which you're unlikely to use.

Fantastic tool for a startup to manage strategy and roadmap

Reviewed on 26/12/2017
Jaana S.
Co-Founder, Owner
Customer Support

Pros: I used Aha! in my previous job as a Product Manager. When I started my own company, Aha! was the obvious choice for me to use to build our short and long term roadmaps. Aha! guides you through roadmap creation starting from your strategy, vision and business environment. The way Aha! is set up makes you think through all critical aspects of your business like the competitive landscape, and take them into account in your roadmap planning. Going through the roadmap process in Aha! ensures that we stay focused on the right things that bring us the most value. Aha! Customer Success Team is legendary. In my 20+ years of career I've never experienced anything like it. True professionals who know what they're doing. The team responds to issues within minutes. They resolve the issues within minutes. They want you to be successful, and provide you advice and best practices to get you there. This is how customers should be treated, and Aha! is an inspiration to us in that!

Cons: I love it all! Only downside is that now I get really annoyed when contacting someother companies' customer service and my questions and requests disappear into a black hole. Aha! has shown a new standard that other companies would benefit in trying to reach!

Excellent product and excellent service

Reviewed on 24/10/2019
Marie S.
VP, Product Management
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The service at Aha is outstanding! Just recently, I had a question that I needed some help with. I sent it into customer support and had an answer within a few hours. CSR worked with me to solve my problem, gave me great suggestions, and left me with a lot of confidence in Aha.

Pros: I love that it's specifically built for product managers, instead of trying to force us into using project management software. I daily use the reports for monitoring progress, as well as for setting expectations within the company around our roadmap. I've used the integrations both with Jira and Azure DevOps, and both are very solid! The ideas portal is fabulous! Easy to configure, easy to use, and saves me hours of headaches trying to manage that.

Cons: Creating a brand new report from scratch is actually harder than you would think it should be. Though, if you want to create a report from a template, it's super easy. Also, the UI definitely feels a bit dated in places. When trying to convince my company to use Aha rather than Productboard, it was difficult for them to see past the "Sexier" UI in Productboard to understand that Aha had better & more features

Game Changer for Product Portfolio Planning

Reviewed on 1/10/2019
Tim M.
Associate Director, Product Operations
Biotechnology, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Aha worked with us in a very patient and collaborative manner to understand our needs and create the right solution package to help us make this transition successful. They worked with us over the course of 3 months on the setup and were available on a daily basis to answer questions and provide advice.

Pros: 1. The roadmap interface is intuitive, clean, and provides the visual information at a glance that our end users can easily understand. 2. The integration with JIRA is robust and reliable. 3. The support is excellent with quick turn-around and helpful solutions.

Cons: I would like a "drag and drop" ability to manage dependencies between Releases/Epics/Stories on the roadmaps. I'm sure it will be added in the future, as Aha provides an excellent forum for obtaining feedback.

Bringing Method to Madness

Reviewed on 13/09/2019
Omar R.
Information Technology & Services, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, i feel that AHA can solve multiple challenges that our team is facing in terms of standardizing a product lifecycle and creating the relevant reports across each stage of the lifecycle

Pros: A Product Manager's job is not easy, it comes with 100% accountability with 0% authority. A Product manager needs to have influence for bringing everyone on the same page without compromising individual goals. AHA really helps a product manger in getting the priorities right and communicating that effectively to all the stakeholders. I have been using AHA primarily to bring an element of governance in a team of more than 25 Product Managers who are working on similar goals but lose their track mid way during a product lifecycle and end up playing the role of only a Project Manager. Besides its usefulness, the platform has a great stickiness quotient as well which keeps bringing back you to the platform to explore more. I am just getting started with AHA but i clearly feel that this tool will be a great value addition to my team by aligning everyone with the organization goal of our business

Cons: I think AHA is pretty much 10/10 in terms of the feature but i feel that if they had an on-prem deployment option, then it would have made our case easier for deployment on our premise as there are some client sensitive data which make using the SaaS version a little difficult.

More than just Roadmap software

Reviewed on 8/07/2019
Steve W.
Engineering Director
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Aha is a great SaaS platform with huge potential to solve Program/Project management challenges at any organization.

Pros: Originally researched and purchased as a means of providing better roadmaps and visibility, Aha has done that and so much more. We really enjoy the different features Aha offers including the SWAT analysis, vision statement, personas, goals and initiatives. All these tools help keep us focused on what matters most for our customers and company and provides a simple interface to manage it all. That said, Roadmaps are still the single most loved part of Aha and that alone make the service worth the investment. Their response times to emails are also amazing.

Cons: The largest issue we have with the Aha platform is the integration with Jira. Our existing Jira instance is self-hosted and locked down to internal network connections. Having IT open our network to allow import/export to Aha has proved to be our largest challenge to date – which admittedly shouldn’t be terribly difficult. Other than Jira integration, the cost structure could be better and include more users for less.

I had a major Aha! experience switching to this awesome tool

Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Peter G.
API UI Developer | Senior Technical Writer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The benefits you get from Aha! are unlimited. By integrating it into your product team you'll likely want to do some hard training to get everyone onboard. Although they do offer exceptional training modules in their admin panel.

Pros: Having worked in the SDLC on many projects, I've seen the good, bad and ugly. Often the struggle is working within the confines of closed-system solution such as Jira. The pros of Aha! are it's 100% cloud-based so access is simple (especially for me since my employer requires PCs and I work on a Mac). Another big feature is the mapping function which makes project status and planning simple with visuals. I also think the polling functionality is pretty nice to poll your team on their support (or opposition) of specific features. Face, the less time you spend in meetings, the better you can engineer and code product.

Cons: Hmmm...the cons are few. Perhaps the only one I can see is some fintech companies are scared by using third-party cloud-based products. Honestly, it's not even a con. For example, one fintech I worked for relied too heavily on traditional DevOps people who were advising against cloud yet didn't truly understand the security benefits of most bona fide cloudies (i.e. AWS has been PCI compliant since 2004).

Organize yourself and your plans

Reviewed on 14/07/2017
Rosa T.
Executive Director, Product Management
Financial Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Lets you plan a roadmap the way you would in real life - in many tiers, from strategic to actual user stories that will be completed. These roadmaps are visually appealing at all levels! That means you can present and share your work and plans at any level of detail without having to pull out graphic design tools to abstract out the details or "make it pretty" for a presentation. I LOVE their notebooks. After I share a roadmap or presentation, I create a notebook so I can always track a "snapshot" of the plans I presented. This lets me go back and reference how things have changed and why they changed. I like the ability to create and track personas as well as competitive information in their wiki type pages.

Cons: I have not figured out the right level of integrations with JIRA. The integration is very robust, and a full integration is easily supported. But that means when someone changes the info in Jira, that change comes over. Not what we are looking for. This may be more a process problem, but something we struggle with.

The Software I Dreamed Of

Reviewed on 4/09/2019
Mark T.
CFO
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: When we had questions, Aha was on the case hard. When we needed a video conference, they were right there. I cannot say enough how nice it is to deal with such caring professionals.

Pros: It gives me the views, ease of use, ability to change on the fly that I've always wanted in platform neutral project management software. Using the cloud, we are able to coordinate and hold each other more accountable for every project in our pipeline. From product creation to market launch, we feel well covered with Aha.

Cons: Learning how to tailor Aha to how you want to see your business took me a couple of days to wrap my mind around how it should look and flow. I must changed the initial layout 4 times before I found exactly what I needed. Then it flowed easily. The ability to customize terminology and report options has made the learning curve faster for those I have trained.

Great Start!

Reviewed on 13/09/2019
Jon T.
Program Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Program-level road mapping is looking very positive. We are looking to continue the evaluation for a bit more and then look to purchase a number of enterprise-wide licences for program and project managers to utilise and share a common and collaborative platform.

Pros: Very robust, yet flexible to my needs and presentation. Always accessible with the cloud-based format. Visual illustrations of roadmaps and timelines across many projects and programs conveys customisable key messages to all key stakeholders- Executives, managers, and team members, alike. Customer support is also awesome; I was able to engage in a 1:1 tutorial and answer all my queries at that time and readily afterwards.

Cons: A bit of a learning curve as to how to apply the software to fit my requirements and intentions. Customer support helped a lot to easily overcome that.

Gives you the big picture

Reviewed on 5/04/2019
Amanda B.
CRM Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Configuration may take a long time to achieve, so you should take this into account if you plan to use Aha. For those who need only visualizing roadmaps, this product can be too much, as they wouldn’t use most of its functions.

Pros: + Flexible data models and hierarchy
+ New (and useful!) features in every update
+ Convenient for gathering input from different departments and teams
+ Reports
+ Ideas Portal
+ Integration of every project part into one smooth experience
+ Transparency
+ Easy information sharing
+ Reducing of manual work on notifications
+ Helps planning for teams and strategies

Cons: - Some things need a ton of clicking to achieve
- Somewhat complex hierarchy
- UI design: the look needs major refreshing
- Not all features are easy to access via mobile devices
- Functionality requires some getting used to
- No integration with YouTrask, so you have to use JIRA (can be worked around, though, if you use an API)
- Reports need more interactiveness: static images are sometimes no good
- Looks a bit outdated

Great Product Management Software

Reviewed on 2/07/2019
Chris K.
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Outstanding. It’s become very popular within our organization and is the proof that we know what we are doing because it keeps all the product data organized and searchable.

Pros: Ease of use. Very good user interface that requires little if any training or user guide. The product is able to be customized to our needs.

Cons: Restriction of the all or nothing Product Manager role. Would be nice to have a role in between who can edit update requirements on features.

Trans-formative tool!

Reviewed on 27/07/2017
Thom H.
Manager, Product Management
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Ability to organize, rank and manage SDLC.

Pros: We've used Aha for a few years now to manage new features of our large, waterfall-based software platform. I've used other tools that are simpler and others that are more complex/comprehensive. For me, Aha is a great middle ground that is very easy to use and modify without having being too complex to configure.

Cons: I wish the pricing was handled differently. Needing to commit to a full year of license costs before adding a new product owner to the system has made some process changes in our shop more difficult than they would have been if the pricing was more dynamic. Also, I would prefer a license that charges a smaller fee for all users rather than a large fee for each product owner. It would make it easier for me to sell system usage internally.

Every product manager's must have.

Reviewed on 7/08/2019
Michaela G.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: We've used a lot of product management software options. Categorically, Aha! is the best available on the market. The holistic approach of Aha! to product management is incredibly useful, and forward thinking. We have always advocated customer centric product approaches and Aha! really lends well to this way of thinking and framing your products. I can highly recommend Aha to any business interested in efficiently trading and managing their product function.

Cons: There's really nothing I could say as a negative to the software. The support team is extremely helpful and I have not yet had an issue.

Master, Product & Marketing

Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Joshua F.
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I already have; see Pros and Cons.

Pros: Workflow is sensational. Hierarchical nature and flexibility to structure product and marketing in a synergistic nature are unlike any other product I have used. Integrations with JIRA are superb, robust, and reliable. The support team makes us feel like they work at our company. Idea portals allow us to engage our customer base and elicit feedback to help us build our roadmap.

Cons: Aha! is a premium product, and comes with a premium price tag. While this is an easy cost/benefit win, the cost of Aha! as a startup may be difficult to justify. Despite this, Aha! does offer a startup plan for new businesses, which turns this Con into a Pro. To my fellow startups out there working on Go-to-Market and launch, I strongly recommend reaching out to Aha! to see if they will accept you into their Startup program. Aha! is run by former Product Manager's who understand our struggle, and this program is ideal to give you the advanced tools needed to be successful with your launch.

Awesome platform for managing product development for distributed teams

Reviewed on 15/06/2017
Matt A.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: A massive increase in visibility and comprehension between sales/product design and the development teams. We now have better certainty about features and requirements, and there's a lot less 'lost email' that previously led to confusion and delays.

Pros: Very complete product for working on one or more product management projects. We've noticed a 'tightening up' of both our internal and external teams for communication, comprehension, and delivery as we shifted to Aha. It feels like we've barely scratched the surface of what's possible in the product especially with integrations and the various template, workflows, and automation.
We have two development teams on our first Aha project, and Aha has made it very easy to see the dependencies between teams and keep the conversations and 'to do' tasks in one place.
Customer support has been proactive, and I could get on online meeting upon request to clarify some very specific points that related to our workflow. Documentation is also very good and for a deep product there is a high degree of intuitiveness (if that's a word).

Cons: It's a big program for sure. I didn't realise how much data entry I had to do until I could everything in one place, and manage the feature/requirement/task relationships properly. That's a 'con' because I hate having clarity on how much work I need to do..
For a web application Aha is very rich/deep, so the UI takes a little time to comprehend

The perfect solution for software product managers & development teams

Reviewed on 3/04/2017
Nick K.
Technical Director
Telecommunications, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Introducing Aha! into our product delivery process has further reduced the gap between product & technical teams and resulted in a more predictable & stable team cadence. More importantly, our adoption of the product has helped us deliver projects on-time, whilst continuing to manage and prioritise requests from existing customers. Prior to discovering Aha, we were planning an in-house tool which connected our product managers to development teams. After a short trial, we finally got that "Aha" moment when we hooked up Atlassian JIRA & Slack and realised that we wouldn't need to spend time away from our core business activities to develop a solution to manage ideas and product features. We've been using the product for almost a year now and have required support twice for minor issues. In both instances, the company has been ultra-responsive, with answers coming from actual product managers at the company... even late on a Saturday night. The product does have a slightly steep learning curve, but if you stick with it and take the time to set it up, it's well worth the upfront investment in time! Supporting everything from company vision, right down to individual feature specifications means products managers have everything they need to keep our product relevant and ahead of the curve.

The only tool I know that does the job.

Reviewed on 27/10/2017
Product Management
Internet, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Finally a tool that actually supports Product Managers properly.

Pros: Supports the Product Management process really, really well and helps communicate what's going on. Very flexible and can model most processes.
The external idea portal integration is neat, and so is the ability to integrate with external tools like Zendesk.
Support is very, very fast and helpful with product usage questions.

Cons: It's a bit Jira-like in that it is hyperflexible with everything. It's very difficult to grasp what's happening for anyone who isn't a PM, and even for PMs there's some things in there that aren't particularly intuitive (some of the filtering and reporting UI for example, or the fact that there's a tiny dropdown that defines whether you're looking at the company or product, and also impacts your settings screen etc).
I also reported a few UX bugs to the team and received the standard "it's a feature, not a bug" response which was a shame. This is I think the downside of having Product Managers as your Customer Success people.

Great tool for portfolio management

Reviewed on 21/04/2018
Apps and Integrations
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Finally a tool properly designed for Product Managers!
Use it every day to capture ideas and keep track of high level epics/ initiatives
we use it weekly during our executives meeting and that helps to keep everyone informed and re-prioritize on the spot when needed.
my personal favorite is the notebook feature that we can then share. We use it to project our roadmap on our big office TV as an information radiator to keep everybody informed of what's coming

Cons: I'm not a huge fan of everything being driven by date
I would like more flexibility around that as we are using it Kanban style and having dates on those initiatives doesn't help.
the integration with Jira also requires a bit of learning to keep what you need in sync

Over all, the easiest most feature rich product of it's type

Reviewed on 27/04/2018
Jon E.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easier management, improved communications, better roadmap visibility.

Pros: Incredibly easy to setup and use. After watching the training videos I was up and running with a test project within the hour. The interface is clean and consistent, and largely self explanatory for anyone - you don't need to be a product or project manager. The fact that it provides light functions to bring together different business areas and report on pretty much everything is a real bonus. I have used Jira in the past and a complaint often heard from non technical staff is 'it's too techie'. Aha is not - it's very simple, and as a bonus integrates with Jira if that's what your dev team use. Support is also lightning quick - quite literally all of my comms have been responded to withing the hour - sometimes within 15 minutes - and that's an answer from a person - not an automated 'we'll deal with it sometime never' response.

Cons: There is very little not to like. If I had a single criticism, *some* parts of config are not that obvious, but very little. I am actually struggling to think of another con. I guess the file manager/document management could be a little bit more feature rich if you are used to using confluence you may notice that.