• Overall
    4.1 /5
    4.2 /5

About Namely

Namely is the HR, Payroll, and Benefits platform your employees will love.

Learn more about Namely

Sanskriti G.
Senior Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2020

"Namely keeps us connected and focused at work."

Comments: Namely has helped us to manage the workforce, employee retention, understand data and insights within our organization, and keeping us connected in a single package, and we are able to benchmark our productivity, accountability, and credibility in terms of HR. We are able to set time cards, clock-in features at work, as a result, we are able to get optimum results. Managing time-off requests, sick leave(vacation) for employees has been a lot easier, and also the reporting and analytic feature of Namely has helped to keep track of every record at work. Overall, Namely has helped our organization in managing the workforce, employee engagement along with payroll, benefits, and talent management.

Pros: Namely is simply a great platform for HR, Payroll, and benefits management within the organizational framework, as it helps to create better workplaces with varying functionality to adapt in small to mid-size businesses and comply with different regulations at work.

Cons: No particular downsides of the software. Sometimes, I got a problem syncing employee's data to Namely. The API call is not worth handled by the application and keeps me disconnected. Hope this would be solved in the next update.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2020
Melissa L.
Employee Experience Manager
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2020

"Happy with HRIS"

Comments: Namely is a good system. It has helped us to make our candidate and employee experience easier and more efficient. We are looking forward to adding the benefits system to replace our current system to really give our employees a central place to go for all of their needs.

Pros: We really like the onboarding tool for our new hires. There are definitely benefits to this system to streamline your process. For the most part, Namely provides an easy to use platform for our new hires to upload and provide their information. I really like the option of the e-signature which allows us to send out documents to individuals or company wide to be signed. Those documents are then available on the employees profile. We like the analytics which allow us to look at a variety of data points about our employees. We are preparing to add Namely benefits to our package and are hopeful that this will allow us to increase our employee experience satisfaction.

Cons: We did not have a great experience with implementation and felt that we were not prepared for our go live. Our original Customer Support person struggled with many of our questions and concerns and we were left to figure a good number of work arounds on our own. We are hopeful that the new system for getting help support will be better for us. We are frequently looking for ways to work around the limitations of the Namely software. The Namely community of users has been helpful to our company.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2020
Director, People
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/12/2018

"Avoid at all costs"

Comments: Terrible - service reps do not know the system, standard payroll practice, let alone any questions. Service tickets get lost, takes months for resolution of more complex tasks and extreme micromanagement

Pros: It's pretty. There is really no other pro.

Cons: HRIS:
No proper Leave tracking for maternity/paternity, jury duty, bereavement leave ETC
There's no way to see a PTO accrual history
Employees are not alerted when their address format is invalid
Only one set of holidays - UK sees all US Holidays
When reporting structure changes you have to make MANUAL changes in Namely Payroll IN ADDITION to doing a mass upload in the HRIS
Doesn't auto track history of Job titles
Need to manually assign PTO to employees not automatic
Leave approval amends, not sent
Lack of point in time reporting
Does not auto assign pay group based on the type of pay entered
Payroll:
You can't retract partial payments
Had to print W2s and sort through employees that electronically consented and send out those that did not
"We have to do all of the calculations manually when there is a comp change in the middle of a pay period "
Invalid addresses prevent us from proceeding with payroll
We are unable to easily add "time and a half" for employees who work on holidays
Takes weeks to add a new department code
Tax withholdings do not flow seamlessly from HRIS to Payroll
If we need to Mark an employee as FICA tax exempt we need have to reach out to Namely as only they can do this
Employee ID do not flow over to HRIS
Manually have to add holiday pay for employees does not flow into payroll
You have to manually exclude employees from payroll once terminated
Time and attendance:
Time card entry is tedious
PTO doesn't communicate to Payroll
You have to man

• Reviewed on 4/12/2018
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/08/2020

"Great HRIS and Payroll system with many customizable features"

Comments: I and a Namely advocate, I was instrumental in recommending and seeting them up for my business. I just think their customer service format changes frequently and it is confusing sometimes to keep up with their preferred communication etiquette.

Pros: We have a ver detailed and multi step performance review process, Namely allowe dus to build the ratings and concepts for our processes. The abilit ti assign multiplie review writers, the steps of approval and the reminders are all key in our operations.

Cons: Our account contacts and the way we communicate has changed at least 3 times in the past year. Sometimes i feel like there is a push to work with customer service only in their prefered way, if you send an e-mail instead of a case or if you mark something urgent that they don't think is urgent.

• Reviewed on 7/08/2020
Patricia M.
Senior, Director Human Resources
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2020

"Great Service"

Comments: In the beginning, there were a few bumps in the road. But once we were assigned a team like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] we were all set. These three are the dream team as I call them. They have the answers and if not they will ensure they get you the answers. We have been extremely pleased with how they continue to provide us with the best customer service a client can ask for. They have enabled us to utilize the system to the fullest.

Pros: I find the Help Community to be a great asset and feature when you are looking for. quick response. I have to say with all that is happening with COVID-19 Namely has been on top of every new law.

Cons: The ability to run reports and headcount.

by Namely on 27/07/2020

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you have found your service team and the Namely Help Community to be helpful - especially during this difficult time.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2020
Yvonne R.
VP of Finance and Admin
Industrial Automation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2020

"HR and payroll 'amped up'"

Comments: Great team, good support. Really have enjoyed and benefited from the Broker Team at Namely.

Pros: I think the ease of use for all users was a main factor. Keeps the team engaged, connected and really enjoy the ability to manage PTO all in one spot.

Cons: Think sometimes there are a couple of suggestions by a minority that get a lot of attention and maybe it isn't something that needed to get focused on right away or maybe more discussion so the functionality works better for all.

by Namely on 28/07/2020

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our platform helps keep your employees engaged and connected. We work very hard to assess, prioritize, and action on all suggestions that we receive. Please continue to give product feedback to your dedicated Namely Pod and know that we take it very seriously!

• Reviewed on 15/04/2020
Leslie L.
Sr. Director of Operations
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2020

"Namely HRIS"

Comments: Excellent

Pros: I love the viewability of the site for our staff.

Cons: Back end functionality and learning. Lots of e-learning but we have admin users who need to be able to have a walk through while they are on their machine to understand. Namely does however, do a good job of having plenty of YouTube videos that show you the walk through.

by Namely on 28/07/2020

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and have been releasing more intuitive training courses to make you and your HR team's e-learning experience as seamless as possible.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2020
Elizabeth C.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2020

"A Great Company that is Always Improving"

Pros: We love the onboarding system, it makes everything very easy and automated! We also really appreciate the way Namely takes feedback and acts upon it. They release new features and products every quarter and the releases really are what the customers are looking for. The company is always looking to improve and grow which we really value.

Cons: We have had difficulty with the Namely Time feature, it gets confusing for employees and sometimes there are issues with information syncing between the two systems.

by Namely on 9/10/2020

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to continue enhancing our platform and your overall client experience.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2020
Rachel R.
Director of People & Culture
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2020

"Must have for all companies that want to be relevant"

Comments: Everyone from the initial sales conversation to the implementation/training part to support and the community have been so helpful and nice. It's the most positive software implementation process I've ever been a part of.

Pros: Namely is incredibly intuitive. We were able to pick up the process quickly to implement and our team members took to it without much direction.

Cons: Configuring the timeclock took more time than we had guessed. We have it figured out now but that was our only pain point along the way.

by Namely on 27/07/2020

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you had a seamless implementation process and continue to receive helpful customer support.

• Reviewed on 27/04/2020
Leon C.
IT Recruiter
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Easy and sustainable."

Comments: Namely is simple and easy to use, it requires a few improvements that seem to be coming soon. It still has some glitches that need an urgent fix, but with the few conversations I've had with the Customer Support team, I can tell that Namely will greatly improve in future versions.

Pros: It is a straightforward and easy to use software, the user interface is the simplest one in the market of HR Management tools. It is a good example of the Integration between Payroll and HR Systems, and might be useful in the Linkbuilding bussiness with a few enhancements and addons. The Customer Service is great and the people involved are very kind and competent.

Cons: The customization of the processes is not easy to implement, and tends to be tiresome, and in many cases it slows down the navigation. It is currently lacking a proper auto-sync feature. It does not have the E-signature feature for current employees. The performance management module has a complicated nature. There could be a better integration between the HR and the Payroll modules. As I explained in the Pros, it is easy to use but it could be highly improved in terms of pragmatic functionalities over the user friendly interface.

• Reviewed on 28/09/2018
Susan W.
Director of People Operations
Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Namely Allowed HR to Scale"

Comments: Streamlining all of our onboarding and reviewing.

Pros: Namely is used as our HRIS and payroll system. I has an onboarding module that was incredibly helpful in digitizing our entire onboarding system and allowing all the info to flow into HRIS and payroll. The EE review feature has also streamlined our review process

Cons: The implementation required heavy lifting to present our data into a Namely prescribed spreadsheets. I wished there were better mapping that would have required more on Namely's part. (2) some of the place holding features that exist in payroll are not available on the HRIS side. Ex: if I want to view deductions for many EEs I can go the deduction location and click through and easily view one EEs info after another. If I want to do the same within HRIS I cannot. So there are many, many clicks required to accomplish the same task.

by Namely on 2/09/2020

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that Namely has streamlined your HR processes, like onboarding and performance reviews.

As for implementation, we truly apologize for your experience. In 2019, we recognized that gathering required data was a huge lift and burden for some of our clients, so we introduced Data Services as a solution. Clients who utilize Data Services work directly with a Namely consultant to pull the necessary data from their current system. The Namely consultant then works to ensure the data is formatted properly for import, giving our clients more time to focus on other pieces of implementation and providing them with a more seamless experience.

As for the place holding features on the HRIS side, we will relay your feedback to our Product team. Thank you!

• Reviewed on 17/06/2020
Tomi G.
Executive Administrator / Office Manager
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2016

"Not your typical Payroll software, so no more dreading the use of it!"

Comments: I used to dread doing payroll, because the system we were using was not user friendly and extremely time consuming and cumbersome. Now, with Namely, I can input information into the HRIS system, and it feeds right over into Payroll; so no more double entering! Namely does not look like a typical boring old spreadsheet. The system is easy to read, with nice use of color, and some areas even customizable w/ our own graphics and pictures. It's nice to work in software with some personality. We can now onboard our new hires using Namely, which allows the new employee to fill in tedious personal information, leaving me, the administrator, only a few areas that I have to input myself. It is a definite time saver for sure! I love the fact that Namely allows us to customize reports, but sometimes I feel that this is one area that isn't as easy to figure out. Some reports can only be created by a Namely Rep, and other reports can be created by us. I can't always figure out which filters to use, or how to complete a report exactly the way I want to use it. This may be more user error, and not entirely Namely's fault. I will say that the Namely Reps/Support do come to my aid every time, and I do get the reports or answers I need rather quickly. We like the fact that employees can do open enrollment/life change events, right through Namely, which removes Human Resources from having to enter everyones selections manually ourself. Namely had a few glitches with it this last year, but part of it was also a communication problem from the Insurance Company side. Namely has been in contact with us about working on this problem throughout the year, so I'm now worried about it now. I do not dread having to go into Namely to update or enter something. I do not dread doing payroll, because if I have to fix something in an employee's profile, deductions, taxes, etc... it's only a click away, and then I can get right back to completing payroll. It's very easy! Namely really does reduce the amount of work HR has to do: 1) by allowing employees (active or termed) access to their W2's and/or changing their address 2) supervisors requesting Raises and Promotions now go through Namely and not a silly group email train 3) I said it earlier, but having Namely take care of Open Enrollment/Insurance deductions so no manual entry needed. I hope you can see that Namely is not your typical Payroll/HRIS software, but has personality, ease of use, and quality customer service!

Pros: The ease of use, customizable reports in format pdf or Excel, and it even looks appealing to work in.

Cons: I have to manually input PTO for new hires, or when someone moves to next tier of years of service. The numerous email alerts you get for any employee change request (ie: address; title change; Raise, etc...) gets annoying, yet to confirm that I sent off the payroll submission, I don't receive any.

Tess R.
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2020

"CircleCI<>Namely"

Comments: Our experience with Namely has definitely been tumultuous. We had a very rocky start and it continued to be rocky as the turnover rate was extremely high on their CS team. We had about 6 CSMs within one year. Constant issues with the platform and no resolution in sight. Things are better now and Namely seems to be making great strides towards progress, but still has work to do.

Pros: -one source of truth for all employee information
- easy to track/request time off
-resources tab is helpful for new hires
-place to store private employee data
-very customizable

Cons: -SO many issues in the beginning(especially with workflows and onboarding templates)
(ex. when you submit a salary change workflow you have to do two separate workflows for base salary and commission, even though the commission piece is added into the workflow).
-can't easily hide legal name from other employees view
-tasks tab is pretty much no use to us. When you assign a task to someone there is no way to set reminders or alert you if you have a task overdue. Also, no notification or red flag that says you have incomplete tasks on the homepage.

• Reviewed on 30/01/2020
Austin C.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/03/2020

"Good Product and Company with Direction"

Comments: Namely has saved us time in a lot of areas once we really learned how to use the system. We have been very impressed with Namely's interest in responding to client needs and I've not ever worked with a company such as theirs with a roadmap that is truly responsive to clients. One area they can continue to improve upon is in customer service--I find myself needing to follow up on service requests often. That said, I know it is something that they are working on improving. Overall good experience with Namely.

Pros: Namely's onboarding function has been a huge time saver for our company. We have a lot of documentation that employees must sign and review before starting and it makes it easy for them to find it all in one place. Performance reviews are also a breeze with Namely. Lastly, we have found a lot of benefit in the all-in-one nature of Namely for ourselves and our employees.

Cons: The integration between HRIS, Payroll, Benefits, and Time can certainly continue to be improved. Additionally, our company manages multiple EINs and so we would like to see Namely continue to improve functionality for this.

• Reviewed on 4/03/2020
Allison S.
People Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 5/03/2020

"Highly Recommend"

Pros: Namely is easy to use. I highly recommend using all options for a true integrated experience - HRIS, Payroll, Benefits & Time. It has definitely enabled our small People Ops team be able to support our company's rapid growth. It has a great user interface for our employees. Namely is constantly adding new features and improvements, which shows me they are constantly looking to adapt their product to the needs of their customers.

Cons: Namely is very much "self-service", which can be great if you have the answers and the knowledge. However, there are some drawbacks with payroll, which can often provide tax & regulatory challenges. Getting a hold of the right person when we have detailed payroll questions, can sometimes be difficult.

• Reviewed on 5/03/2020
Caryn M.
Communications Manager
Sports, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"Review of Namely for time management, easily accessible benefits information and other perks"

Comments: Namely has been transformational for our business, improving efficiency and allowing employees and managers to focus more on the core work of the organization without being bogged down by time-consuming HR tasks. The ability to track leave, benefits and paystubs all in one software keeps us accountable and avoids lots of paperwork!

Pros: Before my company started using Namely, we were submitting our time-off requests on paper and routing through multiple mailboxes for approvals. We did not have a reliable and convenient system for managing our leave accrual or communicating with busy managers about PTO requests. Now, all of that information is at our fingertips, approvals are a breeze, and it's easier for managers to keep track of all of their direct reports' schedules. Namely also allows us to view our pay stubs and benefits information at any time, and complete our annual open enrollment, all within the software. I would highly recommend the service to any organization looking to improve its efficiency for HR processes.

Cons: At our company, employees accrue comp time for working weekend events throughout the year. Namely does not allow us to enter that comp time in a formal system that is tracked electronically. Instead, we keep track of it on our own, and when we enter PTO requests as "comp time for XYZ event", it is on the honor system. Not a huge complaint, but would be nice if we could track that piece of our PTO the same way we can vacation time, sick time, etc.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Mary beth C.
Senior HR Manager
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2020

"Namely HR Software"

Comments: Our staff is very pleased with Namely - it saves them time completing performance appraisals. Plus they have their information at their fingertips and can quickly make a change of address right there instead of sending an email to all who needs to know.

Pros: The software is extremely easy to use. It reminds me most of Facebook. Pretty user-friendly.

Cons: We have a lot of "special circumstances". Some are harder than others to incorporate into this software. We have workarounds for most of them and we have changed some of our procedures to fit within the Namely parameters.

by Namely on 28/07/2020

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that your employees enjoy using our platform.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2020
Christine N.
Publishing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2016

"Namely - Great for HR, Payroll, and Employees"

Comments: We signed up for Namely in the Fall of 2014. We started with the HRIS and benefits for just flex spending. Being in HR, it was wonderful to be able to customize Namely's platform to include the data that we wanted to track and provide. For employees, it was a game changer because they now had access to information they had never had before (such as a clear salary and bonus history). In January 2015 we launched payroll with two of our smaller entities. Employees found Namely easy to log into and the paystubs were clear and easy to read. In the Fall of 2015 we added all of our benefits into Namely and did our full open enrollment. It was amazing for both employees and HR. HR loved that there was no paper to track and it was easy to see where everyone was in regard to the open enrollment process. Employees appreciated being able to log in from anywhere and how easy the system was to navigate. We also started using the Onboarding feature and it has saved employees and HR so much time. Now, employees are able to fill out all of their new hire and benefits information before their start date. We've seen the turnaround time decrease dramatically! All around, Namely has been extremely helpful for employees, HR, and payroll. And, if anyone asked, I would absolutely recommend Namely!

Pros: I love how customizable Namely is.

Cons: They haven't rolled it out yet but, I'm excited to be able to report on any and every field in Namely in one report and I'm hopeful that we'll be able to do document signing for current employees one day.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2016
Shane M.
HR Director
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/11/2016

"Namely: To Infinity and Beyond!"

Comments: A couple of years ago I sat in my office after getting off the phone with our previous HR software support team. I was angry at the 72 hour turn around time and then it hit me. I don't have to put up with this. I began my journey to find a replacement HR/Payroll platform. I didn't want to be held back by so-called "turn around time" ever again. Demo after demo I battled through all the fluff of the so called superb platforms on the market, then I threw on the brakes. I stumbled on this company called Namely that looked familiar to social media that I frequent. It looked so simple, could this be the one? I signed up for the demo prepared to be disappointed by a flashy sight with no power behind it and awful customer service, but then it happened. I found the ONE. So simple, yet very powerful and the customer service was off the chart (from another planet). We took a leap and implemented Namely's HR and Payroll platform. I dreaded to hear employee feedback and was terrified to reach out to customer support. Employee feedback started to roll in, what? they actually love it and it's easy to use. I never dreamed I would receive so much positive feedback from employees, but I did and still do. Then came the day I had to contact customer support. I was blown away by the quick and courteous support I received. I was in awe. This is exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't believe it. An HR platform that employees love, HR and Payroll managers love to use, and quick and courteous support. Namely will allow us to grow To Infinity and Beyond! We love Namely!

Pros: Employees and Managers love the look, feel and ease of use. The platform is very customize able and the reporting is very powerful. From on-boarding to termination, Namely has what it takes to get the job done. Their open API is a huge plus allowing integration with almost any vendor.

Cons: The calendar could be more powerful and the file storage could use a makeover, but you can't lose with this platform. They are continuously listening to users and making improvements.

• Reviewed on 2/11/2016
Tc D.
Director of HR
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2020

"Namely 2020 Review"

Comments: It has been overall pretty smooth and very easy to use and track things.

Pros: We love the fact that it has the social media piece to it for internal posting of events and encouragement and recognition. The product is great due to the ability to utilize it via the app as well.

Cons: We would like to be able to upload videos. At times when updates are made, it changes things that give us a bit of a problem until we figure it out. With the benefits, it would be nice to be able to put in a beneficiary and not have to retype it over and over. We can use the dependent field, but then it looks like the person is a dependent instead of just a beneficiary

by Namely on 27/07/2020

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you have enjoyed interacting with your employees on our platform. As for uploading videos and inputting beneficiaries, we will be be sure to relay your feedback to our Product team.

• Reviewed on 16/06/2020
Shane M.
Director of Human Resources
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2016

"Namely: The light weight Champion in a heavy weight market"

Comments: From the beginning, Namely has been fast, easy, yet very powerful. This platform looks and feels like social media sites, but in the background (or under the hood) is very powerful technology that allows both employers and employees simplify their work life. For the employer there are very powerful reporting and communication tools. The benefit management, on boarding, and performance reviews are a breeze. Throw in payroll and you have an unstoppable platform that knocks out the competition. The employee enjoys the ease of being up to date with company announcements. The calendar is excellent and allows managers to make sure coverage is where it is needed at the click of the mouse. Namely eliminates all the headaches of paperwork with their benefit management and benefit partners. Namely's customer service is light-years ahead of the competition. If you haven't done it yet DEMO Namely. Your life will be changed forever!

Pros: I love all the integration between their HR and Payroll platforms. Namely is truly a one stop shop when it comes to an all around HR/Payroll platform.

Cons: It's hard to say anything negative about the platform. It was up and running and ready to go from the start. The customer service has been excellent. There have been mostly positive experiences so far.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2016
Dena G.
Sr. HR Consultant
Human Resources, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2016

"Would choose Namely if evaluating vendors again"

Comments: Namely has been a great decision for our company that wanted to house Payroll, Benefits and HRIS under one roof. We selected them due to the ease of use of the platform for the site administrators as well as our employees and felt they would be able to meet the needs of our growing company. The service that Namely's staff has provided is great. If evaluating vendors for another company, I would choose to select and implement Namely again.

Pros: The platform is very easy for employees and site admins to navigate. It's intuitive. It promotes self-service so employees can update their personal information, with an easy click they can request and their manager can approve PTO, they can easy view important company information (employee handbook, their w2, summary plan descriptions, etc). Once set up, onboarding new hires is super easy and quick and done within the Namely system. The mobile app is easy to use. We love that our distributed workforce can view their co-workers birthdays and work anniversaries and we can disseminate info via the facebook like newsfeed. It helps everyone feel more connected even though they are spread out around the country.

Cons: They are still working to auto-sync some remaining fields from the HRIS to payroll side of the platform (like EEOC/Job Category and Ethnicity info) for easy EEO-1 reporting.

Colleen C.
Head of Optimistic People
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2016

"Namely makes it easy for our people to do the right things and smile about it"

Comments: We found Namely after scouring the market for a solution that was simple, connected, available 24/7, and offered one attractive place for us to do People work the way we want to do it. We found Namely and have been pleasantly surprised at every stage. First, we added the HR solution. We jumped at the chance to try the Onboarding and eSignature features. We have just decided to implement Payroll and Benefits. We love the Namely team! They are by far the most responsive and helpful people we work with. The online HELP tool means we get answers quickly. Features get updated regularly and Namely really listens to we users when we ask for new features / changes to the software. I love Backstage Pass where I can connect with other Namely users and get tips. We use Namely for so many thing that used to require separate and manual solutions (org charts, employee photos, performance reviews, multi-tiered goals, news feed, calendar, etc.). There is a bit of a learning curve for employees who expect things to be complex and cumbersome based on past experience with ADP and other vendors. When they see how simple Namely is, they are shocked. It's fun to see their lightbulb moments and hear "that's all I had to do?". ;-)

Pros: One stop solution. Web-based. Simple and clean design.

Cons: Wish we had a little more control over naming some of the tabs and folders.

Kassidy R.
Sr. Manager, People Operations
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2016

"Transition from Zenefits to Namely, couldn't be happier!"

Comments: We transferred HRIS from Zenefits to Namely and we couldn't be happier. From the beginning, the implementation managers were concise, responsive and thorough in setting expectations, providing a clear roadmap and answering all questions. Our Account Manager has exceeded all expectations with his detailed knowledge of all of Namely's products, acute attention to detail, responsiveness and awesome personality. Namely's product fits our company of 84 (we were 54 when we made the transition). Their on-boarding feature is so customizable and user friendly, we were able to consolidate our on-boarding process and automate a lot of moving pieces. We have launched performance reviews and employee engagement surveys using the performance tools and are big fans of the process and capabilities. Namely's performance tool has the capability of pulling established goals into each performance review which makes it extremely easy to track performance and goal attainment. The reporting feature is awesome because we can go in and run any type of report we need to where as in Zenefits, not all of the data was readily available to run a self report, it was funneled through the account manager. We use a variety of Namely's products but we are most impressed with the level of communication Namely provides. From our Account Manager to Namely's Product team, the communication is constant. It is obvious the internal communication within Namely is very positive and fluent - our Account Manager asks for feedback on features and it is clear the feedback is relayed to the Product and Eng teams. Overall, we made the right decision to transition and are extremely happy with this service/product.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2016
Titus Y.
Director of HR & Administration
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/04/2018

"Best all-in-one system for small/mid-size companies"

Comments: They took on our benefits brokerage services in the middle of a renewal season when we were struggling with an unreliable broker we've had for years. They came in and negotiated down rates for us, set up new plans, working with our insurance carriers and got us everything ready in time for open enrollment. Unbelievable effort - Namely hires outstanding talent and their benefits team works wonders!

Pros: Aside from having every tool an HR/Payroll dept needs integrated and working together, the best part about Namely is their customer service. Each client has an individual client partner instead of an 800 number and a case ID. That's made all the difference - instead of going thru prompts and re-describing the problem to a different CSR each time you call in, your partner knows you and your company and always responds quickly. Outstanding customer focus!

Cons: Nothing, they're exactly what we were looking for and more. If I were looking for a new system, I would implement Namely again.

• Reviewed on 3/04/2018