Dropbox Business Reviews

• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.2 /5

About Dropbox Business

Dropbox Business is the secure file sharing and storage solution that employees love and IT admins trust. Start a free trial today!

Learn more about Dropbox Business

Showing 17,936 reviews

Mj P.
Pastor
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2020

"Is exactly what we needed!"

Comments: I use it for both my personal files (on my own business account) and the church uses it as well. I can easily share files between them and can drag and drop since it interfaces with my computer. We use it to store records and backups.

Pros: I like that it integrates easily with my computer. Basically, it looks and appears like another drive on my computer. The mobile app allows me to easily view my files on my phone as well. It is fairly easy to set up and use (I use it on a Mac)

Cons: The "shared" storage space. If I upload a 1Gb file to a folder that I have shared with you, it counts that 1 Gb toward the allotted storage space for EACH of us even though it's my file that I shared. For the free account users, this can create a problem.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2020
Stefani B.
Human Resources, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2019

"Dropbox is the King in Document Saving"

Comments: The overall experience has been wonderful, I am happy to use this product and know it is reliable with the App, Desktop add-on and the web interface. My clients have also been very happy when I share items with them.

Pros: I feel that Dropbox is one of the safest ways to save your documents. With the integration of saving it on your desktop and sharing your drive with others, its taken things to a whole new level! I've never had an issue with saved files, and it's nice to see who has done what when you go in and look at the documents ie. updates to them.

Cons: It just saves files and doesn't do much else, I feel like DropBox hasn't come out with anything that's WOW'd its users. Which is okay, but it's easy for another company to come in and wipe them out. Its always the same, its secure which I like but somewhat boring. Wish I could change the interface.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2019
Hank P.
Owner/Consultant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2019

"Dropbox - a great tool!"

Comments: I work remote so I use Dropbox to access documents from both my laptop and my smart phone. It allows me the freedom to only have my phone and still access what I need. I also love the scanning feature that allows me to scan document directly into my files. eg. business receipts!

Pros: I love how easy Dropbox is to use. I can have documents on my laptop and my phone and have access to them at anytime. I work remote and sometimes need to do things quickly from my smart phone (iPhone() and Dropbox allows me to do that. I also love the scan feature that allows you to scan a document directly into my folders! Super helpful with business receipts!

Cons: My only complaint about Drobox is that I can't send a document as an attachment. It sends a link. Now, this could be a user error on my end, but I have not spent enough time trying to learn how to send a document as an attachment. So, if that is a feature you are looking for, do more research!

• Reviewed on 19/08/2019
Aaron P.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2021

"Limited feature set, but what Dropbox does do it does it well"

Comments: My overall experience with Dropbox is largely positive, however Dropbox has continued to increase its prices over the years while offering few additional useful features. As such, using Dropbox at scale is becoming increasingly difficult to recommend.

Pros: Dropbox is mostly designed to do one thing - sync files to the cloud and to sync files across devices. It does this one thing very, very well. It is also extremely easy to share files b/w different Dropbox users, and has easy to access version control to recover accidentally changed or deleted files.

Cons: Dropbox can get very expensive very quickly. Dropbox has introduced basic collaboration features that integrate with Microsoft Office, but its collaboration features can't compete with Google's G Suite or Office 365 set of tools - both of which include similar cloud storage as to Dropbox.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2021
Dennis C.
Recruitment Specialist
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2018

"Multi-sharing? DropBox is the man!"

Comments: Dropbox Business is very helpful in categorizing all of the projects that you have. It also makes it easy for us to collaborate especially if you are working with team members who are not based in the same location. Dropbox Business makes it easy for everyone to access and upload such files as well because you can open it using a downloaded app, and even on its web version.

Pros: We use Dropbox Business at work in order for us to neatly categorize each project or each searches or openings we are recruiting for. Dropbox Business makes it easy for us to know which candidate or client is in process for a certain project or search. It makes project management easy for us by being orderly. Dropbox Business is also the reason why it is easy for us to collaborate within our team in managing a certain project. For a person who is working in a company that is evenly spread all around the world, Dropbox Business helps us collaborate and practice team work in doing our project management tasks. It is a great office-wide file sharing platform that let's everyone in the project edit presentations, and check each presentations real-time.

Cons: The only thing I least like about Dropbox Business is that when two people are doing edits at the same time for a single presentation we get conflicted copies. I hope Dropbox Business up their game by resolving this error. Instead of having a conflicted copy, I hope the 2nd person who opens the presentation gets a prompt beforehand so that he can get the attention of who anyone is opening the same file.

• Reviewed on 17/08/2018
Rachel H.
Coordinator of Event Services and Communication
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/12/2020

"Dropbox Business"

Comments: Overall, Dropbox Business was very helpful for our events. All users of the program could easily access the files, and got the hang of the program quickly. There were hardly ever any issues with the files and we could always share important information with ease.

Pros: Dropbox Business works well for our company because we all have files that need to be shared for a certain event we host every few months. We host about five fishing tournaments a year and without Dropbox Business we wouldn't be able to share the files we need to. When these tournaments occur, we don't have internet, so therefore it made it hard to share the results in our files, the payouts, etc. With Dropbox Business, you don't have to be connected to the internet to share the files within your business. We had several folders and files located in our Dropbox and it had plenty of storage space left. We never had to worry about running out of storage, or making sure every one had access to each individual file. It made our fishing tournament event much simpler than it had been in the past.

Cons: From time to time when we were preparing for the next fishing tournament, a few staff members would be in a Dropbox file at the same time. When this happened, it caused us to save copies of the file instead of saving the edits in the original file. There were quite a few times we had to go back into the original file and double check to see if the correct edits and changes were made to the original file instead of saving a copy. We had to be cautious when saving and editing.

• Reviewed on 3/12/2020
Shannon e. M.
Video Production Manager
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/05/2019

"Ah, Dropbox, what would we do without you?"

Comments: I use Dropbox all the time. Honestly, I'd would LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEE to be able for our company to use just 1 friggin cloud drive (we use personal and Office365 One Drives, Google Drives, Dropbox, Box.com...seriously, someone shoot me), and we've been able to carve our path in SharePoint slowly. However, when it comes to sharing with outside partners, or even just your friend or mom, Dropbox just makes it so easy. I also like that it works with Office products. That's often why I don't use Google Drive, because I can't natively save an Excel spreadsheet, for example. Well, you can...but that brings up a whole different set of issues in Google Drive.

Pros: Dropbox...the cloud service your grandmother can use, and I mean that with all the love in my heart. As of yet, there hasn't been a cloud drive that can rival the ease of use of this beauty. Want to share a file? Right click, copy Dropbox link, share whatever way you wish. Done. Our company pays for Office365 and we have even started to use SharePoint (tentatively...because it's a mess in there, Microsoft, for real). There are sharing capabilities with SharePoint and OneDrive, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. We're a small business, and I have admin rights, and I still can't figure out how to add an outsider to collaborate with our SharePoint files. Dropbox, though? Anyone can use it, it's super easy, you don't have to have a login or credentials or an account. Click, share, go.

Cons: Probably the security. There's a reason why it's so easy to share with this app, you have to sacrifice a certain amount of security in order to make that happen.

• Reviewed on 7/05/2019
Osuavareghe A.
Technical Instructor/Senior Faculty
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/10/2020

"Instructor/Student User Friendly. Training Made Easy!"

Comments: My experience with DropBox has being wonderful and would gladly recommend it to any team that wants quick upload and access to files.

Pros: DropBox has really helped my team and our students to get along fine even during the COVID-19 lockdown. We were able to send them training materials - videos and eBook by which students were still able to learn. I have being using Google Drive personally but what made me suggest Drop box was the ease with which I can upload and access files. Not just that, the file access permission just like in the Oracle Database which I teach made it easy for my team to control can access in the different categories of training my organization offers. Students in Database Management cannot cannot access files meant for programming or Graphics designing and vice versa. Another thing is I don't need to be online to access my files all the time and send files to students even at home on my android or tablet. I can continue on and on bit space won't be enough.

Cons: All mentioned were not just available for free. Though the price is quite high, the benefits are far reaching. Another issue to fix is multiple file copies after downloading. Please try to fix this.

• Reviewed on 20/10/2020
Ramon B.
Professor
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/05/2018

"Dropbox is an application that allows users to store and synchronize files online and between comp."

Comments: The benefits that I have obtained from dropbox are good and many since it has served to keep most of my personal documents well protected and able to access them from anywhere in the world with only having an internet connection

Pros: It is a storage service in the cloud that offers an excellent option to share a folder at a time.
It offers applications for the most popular operating systems such as Windows, Linux among others and the possibility of synchronizing so that files are available on any device.
It offers the possibility to see the photos in an online gallery.
It allows us to obtain the download link of any file, share it or send it quickly to other users or simply copy it.
Their applications have very clean and tidy designs, they offer us the right thing and no more than that, they are fast and efficient, and they are free in all their versions.
It offers the possibility of using a virtual hard disk, it only requires an internet connection to be able to synchronize in other devices.
Share files without adding mail and invite people to shared folders, although they can only see and not edit anything.

Cons: If you stop using it for a long time approximately more than three months I will start to tell you that you have to log in to your account so that it passes the inactivity status and if you do not do it in a short time they will cancel the Dropbox account you had with them, that is to keep your servers updated and be able to free space in them. In the computers and in general in any device, only the files that are saved in the folder called My Dropbox, which is automatically created in our account, are synchronized, what is outside that folder is considered private.
Two people can not work in the same file because a copy of the same file is generated.
It does not have the ability to play audio or videos.
The free account can sometimes be very limited, you have to switch to a paid account.
It does not have an offline mode, which allows you to view and edit the files when you do not have an Internet connection, when other services do offer it.

• Reviewed on 1/05/2018
Josemaria G.
Vice Director for External Affairs
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2018

"Dropbox for teams!"

Comments: Dropbox has stood the test of time and the threats of similar (and cheaper) services available out there. It just goes to show the quality, bang-for-every-buck, ease of use, beauty, and simplicity of this service. Every single thing you love about personal Dropbox is now made collaborative and available for Teams and Businesses.

Pros: I've been using Dropbox since it came out in 2007. It was one of the first and just worked for me. The limited space (2GB) had me take advantage of its additional space promo via inviting as many people to use it and therefore earn an extra 500MB from each one referred to Dropbox. Dropbox just works for me. It works on the background without much toll on my PC's resources. My teammates also have personal dropbox but we realized we needed more storage capacity, and we needed a way to work more collaboratively using the same space. This is when we decided to try Dropbox for Business. Everything you love about personal (free) Dropbox is made available to Team members! Shared space simplifies our workflow and file sharing/access. The limits as Dropbox puts it "As much space as needed" is a great assurance that we won't run out of storage space mid-way through the project. Our Infra/Systems Admin also likes Dropbox because certain tasks are facilitated for them, e.g., easy to setup Single-Sign-On (SSO) for authentication and Invites, Tiered admin roles and advanced admin console. Even our own company domain can be integrated and used for verification. Plus, devices that connect to the service may also be monitored and controlled. These are all crucial for security and operations management.

Cons: Since this is Cloud-based, provisions on Internet bandwidth has to be ensured, otherwise, it may appear to be slow for your teams who work on files synced via the network.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2018
Behzod A.
Graduate Part Time Instructor
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2019

"One of the most trusted names in online cloud storage"

Comments: Overall I prefer using DB over other cloud storage providers. Because Dropbox is widely accepted service among businesses and academia. This makes it easier when you are working with different teams on a project.

Pros: I've been using Dropbox Business (DB) for about 5 years now and highly recommend it for anyone looking cloud service for storage, synchronization between different devices, and general file backup. Here are the pros of the service: 1) Extended File Version History: DB keeps historical versions of files and allows you to see or download different versions of your file for the last 120 days. If something goes wrong you can always download last successful version. This is one of my mostly used features; previously I manually saved each version of my files to restore if something goes wrong. 2) MS Office Integration: You can edit MS Office files even if you don't have Office software installed in your machine. You can use your browser to edit documents an changes will be automatically saved. 3) DB allows password protect and expirable shared links. Which is great if you're sharing sensitive documents. 4) DB comes with 3Tb worth of storage. 5) Learning curve and user interface: DB is super easy to learn, it satisfies needs of both technology newbies as well as technologically inclined people 6) A lot of third party applications work with your documents saved in Dropbox. If you open DB on internet browser and right click on file, DB will immediately offer different software options to OPEN/EDIT your files. Eg: PDF, photo editors, music/video players, etc. 7) Speed of synchronization is super fast, even if you're dealing with large Gb files.

Cons: So far I didn't have any issues with Dropbox. Developer keeps adding new and useful features, so nothing to complain about it.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2019
Head of Research and Data Management
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/05/2019

"Ahead of it's time when it came out, and now... not so much"

Pros: For obvious reasons, this is the most well-known cloud storage platform available. It pioneered the category and has been incredibly useful and valuable to many personal users, small businesses and more. Selective Sync is a great feature (when it works properly) which allows users to select only certain files to sync to their device from a large folder, rather than the root folders themselves. Team collaboration and the desktop app for Windows and OSX are serviceable, for the most part.

Cons: I get headaches when I create the endless laundry list of ways that Dropbox has fallen to the wayside compared to newer offerings like Box and Google Drive. Specifically for medium-sized businesses, I would absolutely NEVER recommend using Dropbox for teams with storage bases larger than ~500GB. Selective Sync rarely works properly, and by default, LAN Sync is enabled in the desktop app. You might think, that sounds great! LAN connection has to be faster than regular internet syncing, right? Absolutely not the case if you have more than 4 computers in a general range of one another and an internet speed of >30mpbs (standard in most businesses nowadays). Not just in my business, but in many friends/clients/colleague's cases, the same problem plagues us all: the "online-only" and active sync is absolute garbage, and is almost false advertising. Being the de facto IT person in our business, I can't count on two hands how many times the entire DB feed clogs sync, to sometimes ~30K+ files in a pending queue, which never resolves itself, even over the weekend. Atrociously slow download and upload speeds plague the platform, even on good internet connection speed environments, since Dropbox throttles upload and download speeds by default. Why on earth would you do that by default? In short, don't walk, RUN away from using this program as fast as you can if you're a small-medium business looking for cloud storage. Use literally any alternative - Google Drive, Box, ANYTHING.

• Reviewed on 4/05/2019
Samuel T.
Chief Executive Officer
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2019

"Dropbox is a good cloud storage platform… Dropbox Business makes it Better"

Comments: For a Graphic Designer, Dropbox has been the most useful tools for me to deliver project to my clients for the past 6 years. It is easy to navigate and sharing of files to a third party is simple and convenient using the Share Link feature. Dropbox has helped a lot in my business and backups; Dropbox Business expands my experience with more storage and other features. The mobile apps makes it even easier to use, I can easily view, edit and share my files anywhere I am, without waiting to use the PC. Throughout the years of using Dropbox, I have no trouble with my files; they are safely stored on the cloud.

Pros: Dropbox is recommended it for anyone looking for ease to use online storage. There is clean user interface, easy to learn for new users. Dropbox made it possible to share files to a third party, manage file’s permissions, and allow users to protect their files with password, this helps user’s file locked to unauthorized access. My favourite will be the Add to my Dropbox feature. With this, I don’t have to download files shared to me; I can just transfer them to my Dropbox account with a single click, no matter the size. Dropbox have a perfect synchronizing feature called Smart Sync that allows users to use a single account on multiple devices easily. Dropbox created a convenient environment for their users, with mobile app for both Android and iOS users and also a PC app, which are more convenient to use. The PC App create a folder on the PC which all already files on the Dropbox account automatically sync to the PC which makes downloading unnecessary, also the folder is a perfect way to upload to Dropbox with easy Copy and Paste, other benefit of using Dropbox App is the ability to pause uploading of files. Dropbox offers a free Basic account with 2G available storage for each sign ups, which is a small storage for professional users. Over the years, I had to upgrade my basic account to PLUS account which offer additional storage space of 3TB and some other features. Dropbox offer 30 days Free Trial on Business Account which is good to test the plan.

Cons: Dropbox offers are clean with a stress-free platform that I can hardly think of a disadvantage, but I will say the first major problem I have with Dropbox, which is inability to pause uploading of files on the webpage. Before the apps are available, uploading of files can be frustrating; any interruption to the internet connection to the PC will make the uploading to starting all over, which is why I recommend using the apps. The Free Basic Account is limited to 2GB which is small amount of space and users need to upgrade the Plus Account. And for some reason, Monthly payment options are more expensive than Yearly payment options, which is ridiculous.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2019
Jonathan H.
Labor Coordinator
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"Dropbox Keeps Our Documents Safe, Secure, and Easy to Access"

Comments: We use Dropbox Business in our office to keep our records in one place for our team. It's especially helpful because we have certain files that are shared across the entire company, and then we also have certain files only used for my own team. It's very easy to create a file, upload a document, and share it with other people. It's also far more secure than other platforms in terms of keeping log of confidential information.

Pros: I love that it is easy to create a folder and have it shared with many people at one time. It's also great to have this set up on my computer in my own Quick Access files, so I can just drag and drop documents from my saved documents and downloads into a Dropbox file. My company has always used dropbox, and having the business account gives us enough space so we can keep all our records in one secure place.

Cons: It's not quite as complex and doesn't quite offer the features of Google Drive or other cloud storage platforms, but it is simple and it does the job. It is also very easily cluttered when you have too many people sharing things across platforms.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
David Y.
Editor and Designer
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/09/2019

"The Perfect Solution for File Storage"

Comments: My overall experience with Dropbox Business has been great. It has made our organization for productive and we've spent less time searching for files and folders (Dropbox's search functionality is very helpful). I can also print files directly from my iPhone using my printer's app, which can easily be synched with my Dropbox account. Since our computers and laptops are in separate rooms, this functionality is perfect for printing Dropbox files when not physically in front of the computer. Also, with the Dropbox app, I can easily find, attach, and send any file in my account via email. It's perfect for business individuals who are on the go. Prior to using Dropbox, almost everyone kept files on their laptops. This really wasn't effective and involved a lot of email messaging and overlap of files. Dropbox solved this problem quite nicely for us. I cannot recommend it more highly.

Pros: Dropbox really is the perfect solution for file storage. What separates Dropbox's individual subscription (Basic) from its business subscription is the ability assign multiple users with unique email addresses. The Standard and Advanced options both come with 3 user licenses. This is not to say that only 3 users can access your files. Sharing occurs at the admin level, and admins can share files with other Dropbox users (including Basic and Plus users). This is one of the great benefits of using Dropbox. My favorite feature, however, is Dropbox's simplicity. It is super easy to create top-level directories and then add sub-directories (and sub-sub-directories, etc). For example, our top-level folders are Contracts, Art Files, Manuscripts, Schedules. Within our Manuscripts folder are sub-folders (e.g., Anthologies, Fiction, Nonfiction). You can customize or create as many file folders as needed, but hopefully this gives you some example of the options available to you. It's also very easy to rename, delete, and move files. Another great feature is that deleted files can still be accessed for 30 days. Always good in case a file is unintentionally deleted.
Admins can also synch Dropbox to their laptops for easy file search and navigation.

Cons: There is really nothing I do not like about using DropBox Business. The storage size of 3 TB far exceeds what we currently need, but this is not a bad thing. The pricing is competitive. The home page of your account will display Recent files, which is great if you are working on the same file over a period of days or weeks. I simply cannot think of a single negative about this storage solution.

• Reviewed on 5/09/2019
Karasinghe arachchige H.
Asset Manager
Consumer Goods, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2019

"Dropbox Business"

Comments: In a nutshell, this software help to guarantee security satisfaction for sharing sensitive documents for connected stakeholders in the digital platform. Moreover, saves invaluable time for company operations when transferring sensitive data and information at the multinational level. Last but not least, reduce unnecessary courier fees to third-party companies to send vital files, therefore ensure maximum cost savings for companies while boosting the ROI for the company.

Pros: 1. Ease of use to this software can be considered as one of the best features in this software because you just need to either do drag and drop or copy and paste.
2. Enable to link various devices through different platforms (Windows, Android, Mac)
3. Allow sharing massive files that cannot be shared through official Email communications like Microsoft Outlook.
4. Guaranteed security for sharing documents because the stakeholders are aware that unlike Emails; only connected people have access to view these items.
5. Ease of upload from Mobile phones is recognized as the best feature.
6. Any activity inside the Dropbox notifies at the same time between the connected parties. For Example, if someone deleted a file from one end, instantly sharing messages among other devices like PC and pop up as small notifications.
7. Allows the company to expand the storage space is an ultimate feature as it helps the company to reduce physical archives and renting spaces.
8. It can allow third parties to share the files despite them having Dropbox software; therefore help to reduce the work time and enhance operational efficiency.

Cons: 1. Sometimes it takes time to upload the files despite a strong broadband facility available since some of the connected direct stakeholders in the loop had to wait to see the shared file for some time which I did by using my PC
2. For Mobile Dropbox users, not getting a pop-up notification when activity was done by using a PC
3. Not Experienced visible updates

• Reviewed on 19/10/2019
Carlos T.
Gerente de Proyectos y Comunicaciones
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2019

"Store documents in the Cloud and share documents with your co-workers."

Comments: Dropbox is, without a doubt, the best existing software to store and synchronize documents in the cloud. Having this software in your work will get many benefits to store, share and edit documents in the cloud, as its options work splendidly, far outperforming the competition. Another ivaluable element that Dropbox has is its security for the storage and transfer of information, for many years Dropbox has been in charge of perfecting its security system and thus be more appealing for large companies. A software that I always recommend.

Pros: The storage and synchronization of information in the cloud is one of the most useful tools for businesses today. This service makes it very easy for companies to share and modify files in the cloud, creating a new generation of workers more productive and efficient in their work. Dropbox is a beneficial software for you and your company for the following aspects. -In addition to storing information in the cloud, you can synchronize your Dropbox folder with other devices and users, facilitating the transfer of information. -You have excellent levels of security to share confidential files from your company to other users. File transfers are done through SSL with AES-256 encryption. -Create direct links and share them with the users you want. -Dropbox has a multiplatform application, which allows you to use the software on Android and IOS. -Dropbox has contracts with other service companies, whether they are creators of online stores, websites, companies and much more. -Synchronize a folder from your pc or smartphone with Dropbox, and when you copy any document to this folder, it will automatically be hosted in the Dropbox cloud. -Send large files seamlessly with Dropbox.

Cons: This software has a remarkable performance, and its features were designed exclusively for hosting information in the cloud, in addition to synchronization with other devices and users using Dropbox. I have used these aspects for a few years, achieving my work goals and establishing a very important file base. Dropbox has everything I need and I have never had any mishaps when I use it.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2019
Abraham C.
Active Directory Administrator
Government Administration, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2020

"Dropbox Business - Pros & Cons"

Comments: Dropbox has provided the opportunity for employees in the organization to manage and share files locally and remotely without the need for carrying thumb drives from workstation to workstation. Not only has this feature enabled flexibility and efficiency in the work space but also improving the standard of work, saving time and energy as compared to other file management solution. While the sharing of information is critical Dropbox for Business allows the administrators to issue special permissions for users to access links and files. Administrators can further perform other security tasks such as the setting of expiration dates for every information that has been shared to the Cloud. This type of security measures are available to avoid breach of information on Dropbox for Business. Overall I would recommend this solution to any business that have the ability to implement the system.

Pros: The first time I heard about Dropbox for Business I didn't have the slightest clue what this system could do, let alone the benefits and impact it could have on an organization. What I like most about the software is the user friendly interface and how easy it is to setup an account compared to other systems out there. Once the account has been setup, you can give employees access immediately, so they can start syncing files, uploading files and creating folders between other computers from any location. As an administrator Dropbox for business made my life easier when managing multiple accounts. It gives you the flexibility to track existing files, lost files and other issues that come up from time to time. And if you already have Dropbox installed, you can upgrade to the business option from a free or Pro option, therefore incorporating existing user accounts into a business account without any additional work.

Cons: As it is common for any cloud solution, there is a price factor that needs to be considered carefully before a decision is made to go with the solution at hand. Dropbox for Business maybe a bit too expensive for small to medium size businesses. There is a 30-day free trial use for limited users only and if you do choose to go with the paid option, you will be looking at paying a price of $750 per year for just 5 user licenses. If you want to add more users the cost keeps increasing. Having Dropbox running within your organization can also impact the performance of your network bandwidth, that's if your users are uploading large files during peak production hours. You may have to do some tweaking and configuration from a network perspective to accommodate this new solution.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2020
Sara L.
Professional Musician
Music, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/04/2020

"Dropbox Allows Musicians to Share and Protect Files"

Comments: Dropbox solves sharing obstacles, as I can directly share songs and ideas immediately after I upload them. This makes working together possible even if we are not in the same room together. We can freely send ideas back and forth instantly and with ease. Dropbox offers a large amount of storage which is very useful when working with large media files. I know that my files are safe and will remain where I store them no matter what files I may lose on my personal computer. Dropbox has saved me from losing hours of work by safely storing my songs and music ideas.

Pros: Dropbox is a web based service that gives you a free space with an option of additional storage for a reasonable monthly fee. As a musician, it is essential to protect and share your music. I am able to upload files onto my Dropbox storage and send direct access to anyone I choose from all over the globe. Media files are typically large, so there is a huge benefit to have the ability to purchase additional data at any time. I feel safe knowing that my files are protected in the Dropbox cloud, especially in the event of a computer or program crash.

Cons: The Dropbox file compression will degrade the media quality to a noticeable extent when clicking a direct play link. The compression isnt as noticeable on downloaded media files.

• Reviewed on 7/04/2020
Tamas hunor D.
rental expeditor
Motion Pictures & Film, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2020

"6+ years with Dropbox"

Comments: Dropbox is my daily driver for file sharing and backing up my work. It is a convenient and secure solution. Great to share folders for a limited time, protecting with passwords. The new software allows saving space on my computer by managing local/online files. The only thing is I miss a feature mark, select pictures (or files) by a customer and export it to a list.

Pros: Pretty fast syncing, compared to other competitors. Really capable desktop and mobile app with a lot of features. Good money/value ratio.

Cons: Sometimes it can be slow with really large files. You have to collect all files in one folder.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2020
Jeffrey G.
Comptroller
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/11/2020

"Dropbox business - so-so. Dropbox consumer great!"

Comments: Used Sharepoint, OneDrive, Box, and Google for 5 plus years. Hands down better than the Microsoft Products and is miles ahead of Google, and the price compared to Box is much easier to swallow, but have not noticed huge improvements after going public. Like that you can pay monthly (which Box couldn't do when using) and the price point is easier than Box. Three years in, I like but the cost is keeping me in.

Pros: easy to deploy and setup. Syncing is good...but cannot sync fully if you use consumer and business with two different accounts. It is good but the hiccups are not as good as Box. Better than OneDrive, which was terrible, and better than the google suite. Lower priced than Box.

Cons: version control good but not great. Minute security to files is not as complete as Box. Use can use the Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) when using desktop version, but could not as useful when using tablet or mobile device. The rolling down of security is not as clean but works for the files I am keeping/using. The software has the TEXT searching into the individual files, but cannot easily restrict the search in file type, when created. Pulls up too many files and have to look thru to find the document you are searching for.

• Reviewed on 7/11/2020
Jeanette D.
Owner, DPT
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/07/2021

"Dropbox Gives You Peace Of Mind"

Comments: Excellent! Their customer support is very helpful, too. I don't have many issues that I need support because the product is superb, but on the few occasions that I did need help, their support team was able to teach me what to do in minutes. Dropbox software was never the issue. The issue was me learning how to use the software to do what I needed it to do.

Pros: HIPAA security and automatically backed up security of documents with easy access so I have peace of mind that no matter what happens to my laptop hard drive, I won't lose important information because I can access it in the cloud.

Cons: There is a little bit of a learning curve in how to select files to save only in Dropbox vs in both Dropbox and your laptop.

• Reviewed on 4/07/2021
Noorhidayu S.
Human Resources Executive
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/06/2021

"Flexible in sharing files with others"

Pros: Feature that i need the most for my cloud storage software is the flexibility to sharing my files with my colleague and other people. Dropbox Business can do it so easily and the recipient of the files did not needs to register with this software to received and to viewing it. Easy access to the files is very important for me.

Cons: The only things that i have a problem woth Dropbox Business is, they are not option to pause and resume for the uploading and downloading process. It is very frustrating especially when i am uploading a very large files, and need to use the internet in between, and i need to wait for the uploading process completed.

• Reviewed on 7/06/2021
Krystal K.
Editor
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2021

"Dropbox is my go-to online storage solution for business"

Comments: Dropbox Business allows me to share files with my team rather than emailing large files. Also, it keeps all our important documents in one place.

Pros: I love Dropbox because it is easy to use and the interface is intuitive. It is a good value also. It is very reliable. I've been using it for my business for at least 8 years. I can count on Dropbox to maintain all my files and it is very secure. I've never had any issues.

Cons: Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing. It does what it is supposed to do and it does it well. Please don't mess with the product! It is secure, reliable, and dependable for storage and file sharing.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2021
Arun K.
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2021

"Straightforward and stress free cloud storage"

Comments: Dropbox has been a stellar performer when it comes to cloud storage. We have been using it for years as one of the most easy to use and easy to adapt tool for file sharing and storage solution. The added security features makes it the most preferred tool for sharing confidential data across collogues.

Pros: Easy adaptability, getting used to Dropbox is fairly easy considering everyone is already familiar with drop box user interface on mobile phones.
New user onboarding is easier with drop box. Imagine some one new joins your department, it is fairly easy to send them the policies and guidelines through drop box rather than sending piles of hard copies.
File protection is well taken care of with password protection, you can password protect confidential data while sharing it with your team members.
Lost device protection is one of the most underrated feature of drobox business in my opinion. This enables the administrator to remotely wipe the confidential data from from devices that are lost from employees.
Expiry date for a shared file. This is a handy feature wherein you can set a expiry date for a shared file.
Dropbox Paper this is almost like a clean whiteboard where you can do a plethora of things like create a to-do lists, run meetings, and discuss new project ideas. Your collogues can add their comments and thoughts on the discussion thus making this a powerful collaboration tool. It is almost like having an online whiteboard for group discussion.
Rewind tool can come handy if you accidently deleted something and or wants to restore files to previous versions.
Dropbox also provides business customers with a suite of enterprise-specific team controls that ensure that data can only be accessed by the appropriate persons.

Cons: Honestly there are no deal breaking cons that I found with using drop box business for years but I think, the user interface needs a redesign. It feels ages old compared to competition.
Synch with smartphones sometimes take a little fiddling with settings despite of having fast internet connection.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2021