Filter by:

• Overall

About Dropbox Business

Dropbox Business is the secure file sharing and storage solution that employees love and IT admins trust. Start a free trial today!

Learn more about Dropbox Business

Showing 18,337 reviews

Alicia G.
Director of Marketing in US
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

Best for High-Res Work

5 3 months ago

Comments: User-friendly and easy to manage files

Pros:

The pricing plans are reasonable and it allows me to keep high-res (large docs) organized for three major companies with an endless amount of brand assets. It is accessible anywhere with internet - allowing me to work from office, at home, or on-the go (plane, out-of-country-etc.).

Cons:

I have not come across any cons to their software as of yet. I have been using it for 2+ years without ever having to contact support or come across any glitches. I would not mind a promo code or discount on a pricing plan though lol.

Tamar B.
Tamar B.
Clinical Assistant in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Dropbox: A Collaborative File System

4 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I love how are admin team can access this set of files from any entity (nationally and otherwise). The files are organized just as they would be on Word and there are options to make subcategories of folders unlike in Google Drive.

Cons:

The system does not allow multiple users to edit a file at one time. No more than 1 user per entity may access a file at the same time which puts this system behind Google Docs in this regard.

Jeremy m. L.
Jeremy m. L.
Mortgage Broker in US
Financial Services, Self Employed

Leonard Mortgage & Dropbox Business

4 5 months ago

Comments: We might be switching from dropbox to either Egnyte or Tresorit. As more and more of these wonderful apps and software and programs come out, the more advanced they will become so i see this becoming an issue in the future for most companies.

Pros:

This is a love-hate type of relationship we have with Dropbox. On one end we love it because it can hold tons and tons of information but on the other end you can get lost within your own organization youcreate within dropbox. One feature you will love if you have a team and your team manages clients that submit documents such as a mortgage company, is how you can send the client a link to upload the documents. They just need to add a requesting feature so that the borrower can receive updated emails on what is still missing. That would be amazing.

Cons:

The complexity of the system and how it requires you on dropbox business to have a minimal three licenses you have to purchase. I was a team of one in the beginning and i still had to pay a ridiculous $75/month just to use it for myself.

Habibah M.
Habibah M.
Information Technology Support Assistant in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great quality for a cloud storage software

4 6 months ago

Comments: In our office, I use Dropbox Business to keep all of our documents in one location for our entire team. It's instrumental because we have records shared around the organization and files that are only used by my team. It's effortless to make a folder, upload it, and share it with others. It's also much more stable than other platforms when it comes to keeping track of sensitive data.

Pros:

I like that it is straightforward to build a folder and share it with multiple people at once. It's also convenient to have all this set up from my own Control Panel files on my phone, so I can simply drag and drop files from my stored folders and transfer them into a Dropbox database. My organization is now using Dropbox, and the business account provides us with enough storage to hold all of our documents in one safe location.

Cons:

It's not as complicated as Google Drive or any other online storage systems, but Dropbox Business doesn't have any of the same functionality, but it gets the job done. When there are so many people sharing stuff across channels, it becomes cluttered.

Alicia B.
Partner in US
Accounting, 2-10 Employees

Dropbox is Secure and Affordable

4 8 months ago

Comments: Dropbox does what it is designed to do - securely store documents. I wish it offered encrypted email and better sharing features for my clients who don't have dropbox.

Pros:

Dropbox makes it easy to understand how to use the software, sync specific folders to your computer, perform Admin duties, use Paper, etc.

Cons:

I believe Dropbox is secure. I've never had any issues, but Dropbox has a reputation of not being secure with several people I've worked with in the Accounting industry. I don't know where this reputation comes from, but it makes it difficult for me to share documents when my peers don't trust the software.

Adrian C.
Managing Director in Ireland

Dropbox is just an essential business software

5 9 months ago

Comments: Overall super happy. It's easy to setup and use and after installing, it just downloads everything automatically. I love how confident I can be just dropping an item into a folder and knowing it will be backed up, or queued for sync when back online

Pros:

The thing I love most is that this is software that lives on your computer, as opposed to only in the cloud. I know that when I drop something into my folder, it will be available to all others on our team.

Cons:

The storage space is quite limited. We use Dropbox for active storage, for files that we know are going to frequently change or that we need local access to quickly. However for archiving old material Dropbox can get very expensive

Fidelis A.
sales Representative in Nigeria

Dropbox 2021 Latest Review

5 10 months ago

Comments: My overall experience is great. The ease of file transfer, download, and sharing is superb. It can store different types of file extensions. The speed is fast and their power server is sophisticated with great optimized systems. It is easy to use and understand. Great integration with many software.

Pros:

Dropbox Business software is cloud-based file storage, sharing, and collaboration software that has many incredible features. The free version offers 2GB file storage space while Dropbox's business has its great plans as of today such as professionals(individual package with 3TB storage space), standard(5TB storage space), Advance, and Enterprise for teams which have its price range of $16.58,$12.50,$20, and on-demand respectively with free trials on the team offer part. It has a great feature such as file sharing across teams with special shareable links both for those that have an account and non-dropbox account holders. The speed is remarkably fast. The signup process/ installation is very easy. The dashboard is rich with an option to view all files, shared files, make file requests, and deleted files or auto-recovery. on the right pane, it has great team collaboration tools such as Transfer(helps to deliver large files securely), paper(a doc drafter for idea sharing), HelloSign( for file secure e-signature), Showcase( A visual presentation Tool), and an App center which helps you to collaborate and connect other apps for effective storage and file sharing. It also has a centered search box which helps to search for files and discover documents easily.

Cons:

Using this software though each organization has a unique package, I would like the dropbox business company to work on their privacy and security in terms of file sharing especially in the area of downloads using the shareable link. the file should not be download by utterly some syntax on the link URL for security reasons. Secondly, The quick support feature should be updated and implement at the software front end whether free or paid. Finally, the search bar should be updated with reference to file storage structure for easy identification.

Business Owner in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees

Dropbox For Business

4 last year

Comments: I've been overall very happy using Dropbox Business. I have worked with all methods of file sharing and this is the one that I prefer generally.

Pros:

I like that it syncs so well across devices. The majority of the time it is easy to locate all the files that we need, simple to share documents, and it integrates well with our encryption software. I like being able to open it in an explorer view to find files that have been download, and I'm happy that they've made it optional to download only certain files on the computer and leave the others cloud-based while still seeing them in the different views available on the device, so that there are no large downloads happening anymore on all devices. I also enjoy the roll-back to previous versions that are available.

Cons:

There have been instances where we have experienced sync conflicts in folders that resulted in multiple copies of documentation sitting around and that can get confusing. We have worked to mitigate this but sometimes it is unavoidable. Sometimes I have experienced that it is difficult to find documents even with the full text search and I am able to locate them easily by going to the explorer view. I wish the website had a better explorer view.

Technician in South Africa
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Cloud Storage that Focus on Needs

5 2 years ago

Comments: Now we have control over data as we can access data from both phone and desktop. We don't have to worry about losing data as we know it is secure with Dropbox Business.

Pros:

Dropbox Business has helped us to back up our company and personal data easily. Having a desktop and mobile applications helps to access the cloud stored data from everywhere whenever we need it. In a desktop, files and folders to be backed up are easily dragged to the shortcut on desktop which is convenient and easy. Dropbox Business allows the administrator to give other users controlled access to data in our company thereby providing a platform for easy team work as data is made available for team's access everywhere they are. You can also give links to individuals that don't have access credentials to download data from the account without logging in.

Cons:

Dropbox Business has no Artificial Intelligence to recognize and group data on its own, it depends on the user to put files in order before backing up.

David S.
Tech in US

My GoTo Cloud Storage and Sharing System

5 2 years ago

Comments: It's my central file sharing and syncing system. I've used it personally and professionally for years. As an IT Tech, I'm always recommending it to companies. It works easily and reliably. My largest deployment is for 40 employees who are all sharing a common data drive. I almost never have to trouble shoot anything.

Pros:

It just works! I can't stress enough how much this matters. The program is easy to use on the desktop (Mac and PC) and the web interface is great as well if you are on a guest computer. Syncing is fast and doesn't slow the computer. Mobile access is super easy and fast as well.

Cons:

I can't think of anything wrong with it. I've been using it for years... maybe it could be free, but that seems unfair to ask...

Brice W.
Founder in US
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

Excellent Solution

5 2 years ago

Comments: Very happy with the software and would not consider replacing it.

Pros:

Love the ease of use and the permission based folder nesting capabilities. We actually use Dropbox as a client visual workflow system as well as the standard file sharing system. Our clients love it. Our team loves it.

Cons:

Their additional products are too simple. Paper is close but limited in usefulness and showcase is too simple and lacking in functionality. Both products have glimpses of what they could be but they fall short option, ease of use, and flexibility wise.

Edward S.
Edward S.
Sales And Marketing Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Dropbox Business Review.

4 2 years ago

Comments: Our company has solved the great problem of not being able to save amounts of information, files or transactions, because we did not have a safe place to store these important documents, that is why we lost a lot of information, important documents, valuable transactions for us, also that we had that change the computers monthly, because they were saturated and we could not recover them, thanks to this software, all these problems were solved, now these documents are not lost, they are automatically saved in the cloud and With just a few clicks, we have access to all of them , which facilitates our work and allows us to finish jobs in our homes that were incomplete or that need more time to do them, we could send them to the cloud, download them to our home, terminals and recharge, exponentially increasing the productivity of the company.

Pros:

Dropbox is very easy to use, just take a few minutes to register and once this is done, you can save any amount of information you want in the cloud, important documents, photos, files, transactions, empty your computer or mobile phone to not slow them down. or saturate them with information, and you will not lose any file due to damage or theft of your computer, since synchronizing it with your device or computer will automatically save any file, making it one of the safest methods to save files in the world. It should be noted that you can share any document or information with anyone who uses the program, without having full access, only what you want.

Cons:

The drawback is the limited space available for the cloud, since it can save a large number of files, but there comes a time when it reaches this limit and you must pay a special fee to add more memory to the cloud, which I consider very high for the common user or the company that is thinking of acquiring this software, in addition to the folders can not be customized, so you can not specify well to be each, I hope that in future updates you can correct these small details, but In general It is excellent software.

Sara S.
Sara S.
Academic Advisor in US
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees

Dropbox: Quality for Use!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, this has been an absolutely fabulous product and software for us to use. We recommend it to campus partners, our students, and our new staff always love having access and training to use this!

Pros:

I think that this software was very ahead of its time when it came out. On campus unfortunately some of our students experience difficulty in saving onto university drives in areas such as our student union building, or in our libraries. Having access to a software like this allows them to safely store and save information, and doesn't clog up any home screens or memory on their own personal devices. The free trials have been excellent for our team to test out this product! I like that there are different plans that you can purchase based on how much you need to save, and there are additional cool features like sharing permissions, audits, and support options. Something that really stood out to me was the fact that you can get phone or chat support. Chat support is SO, SO ideal for our team to use since we are constantly on our computers and always on student phone calls, so being able to utilize chat while we are still able to do work is an incredible feature and a really big win for us! The storage space on the "Standard" plan is an insanely good deal for us and the amount of information we need to store. The remote wipe has also been an amazing security feature and helps with peace of mind. Knowing that you can use the features for the smart syncs and operate off of the admin dashboards has been really fun for us, we have loved doing group trainings to learn about these things and to also learn about the amount of apps you can connect to and utilize with this!

Cons:

I don't have anything that I didn't like! One of the best features that our students and team have discussed is that you can use the thirty day free trial truly for free; you don't need to provide a credit card which is a big plus for us; so many of our students don't want to enter in that kind of personal information and this is just such a fantastic option for them. Something that stands out about this product compared to competitors is that you can get billed yearly or monthly. This is a big plus to us as we can do mass purchases for our teams to store on for one yearly fee so we just have to allocate one purchase card order instead of doing them every month if we had utilized the monthly option.

Ross H.
Ross H.
Assistant Lecturer, Graduate Assistant, PhD student in New Zealand
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Probably my favourite cloud storage but it's expensive

5 3 years ago

Comments: I use dropbox for a variety of my academic requirements. I recommend the free version to my students for both assignment backup and group research collaboration. I use the business version to coordinate a variety of projects from research grant material and theses to, as mentioned previously, syncing my entire zotero library. Between both Dropbox for business and google drive, my cloud storage needs are met and I think that each offers enough unique benefits that I do not see myself opting out of wither anytime soon.

Pros:

I love how well file sync works and how reliable it is. For one of my primary uses of dropbox (Zotero library syncing) Dropbox is the only offering I've never had an issue with. I also like the variability in sync options from "full folder" to "smartsync" and in between. This helps keep the storage down on some of my portable devices without me having to go about the hassle of managing multiple accounts. Dropbox was one of the first cloud storage and sync offerings and I think the backbone they built their software on is still as strong as ever and the mobile versions are excellent too.

Cons:

The biggest con to dropbox for business is that it is priced so far above the two main competitors that come to my mind (google drive and Onedrive). It's a shame because there are a lot of little things that just seem to be better implemented on dropbox. It's also sometimes fiddly to get it around a proxy server in the workplace an issue that has improved but still lingers (particularly with archaic proxies) and this is one of those things that can actually make a program unusable, because you quickly learn to rely on it and if it is not functioning you can lose a day of work easily without realising it.

Web Content Manager in US
Furniture, 51-200 Employees

Reliable and fast-syncing cloud storage app with fair pricing

5 4 years ago

Comments: Storing and syncing files I use frequently between my devices

Pros:

To me, the best aspect of Dropbox is that it syncs very quickly and consistently. I never have to wonder if it did or didn't sync my files or folders, which is a problem I've encountered with other apps. That, and it is simple enough to use that even the most computer illiterate people can usually figure it out. Just about everyone knows about it and has seen/used a Dropbox link before, so it makes life easier when trying to share files. The Pro plan (what I use) isn't a bargain, but for the reliability I'd say it's fair enough and worth paying for if you have the budget. It has built in video players, document and image viewers and audio players so that the person you're sharing with doesn't need an external application to view your file.

Cons:

For Dropbox to be such a big company, I expect more options for managing and sharing my files, especially in the mobile app. Sometimes, it is very frustrating trying to figure out how to carry out a certain action, or worse, realizing there's no built in feature for that action at all. I'm not sure if this is Dropbox's way of trying to "dumb down" the application to try and simplify things for its users, but it sure would be nice for them to figure out how to strike a balance between usability and functionality. Also, it used to be easier to get a decent amount of storage with their sharing promos, but now the amount of storage available on free is outclassed by several other cloud apps, making it less appealing. They need an option between the free version and the Pro version for people who don't need more than 10 GB but not 1 TB of cloud storage.

Leighton F.
Mr in Jamaica

Dropbox Business is fast, its UI is simple, it makes storing and sharing of your files seamlessly.

4 4 years ago

Comments: Peace of mind knowing that Dropbox Business is in charge of my files.
Also unlike other file storage options, Dropbox is fast, easy to navigate, and constantly evolving to improve its features.
I'm able to seamlessly store and share large files, making it easy to collaborate on projects and work with employees regardless of your location.
There are a number of ways to log into Dropbox, including a desktop app, online access, or an app for your mobile device. That means you can view, edit and share any documents you need with whatever device is most convenient.
You gain peace of mind knowing that with files stored in Dropbox, hardware issues or other disasters will never compromise your data. Even if there's an issue with your in-office technology, you're able to keep on working and accessing whatever files you need.

Pros:

A big advantage for Dropbox Business is its ever growing API offerings, which supports a variety of programming languages and the technologies it integrates with. Also Dropbox Business lets your organizations create custom integration that extend Dropbox to a wide range of applications and services. Unlike other file storage options, Dropbox Business is fast, easy to navigate, and constantly evolving to improve its features. You're able to seamlessly store and share large files, making it easy to collaborate on projects and work with employees regardless of your location. There are a number of ways to log into Dropbox Business , including a desktop app, online access, or an app for your mobile device. That means you can view, edit and share any documents you need with whatever device is most convenient. You gain peace of mind knowing that with files stored in Dropbox Business , hardware issues or other disasters will never compromise your data. Even if there's an issue with your in-office technology, you're able to keep on working and accessing whatever files you need.

Cons:

Disadvantage of Dropbox Business. Slow tech support or lack of built-in editing, although Dropbox Paper has this feature to pick up the slack on that issue. The bigger issue with Dropbox Business is that it is strictly a cloud service, with no support for on-premises or hybrid implementations. Organizations must rely completely on Dropbox to protect sensitive data and privacy. They have no control over the security model, when patches are applied, how encryption keys are stored, where data and metadata are stored or any other aspects of the infrastructure. Organizations that consider Dropbox must weigh the security risks, while ensuring that the service can meet compliance regulations specific to the region where they do business. Dropbox stores all metadata in U.S. data centers, which may not be acceptable to organizations in other parts of the world.

Pavel S.
Pavel S.
Canada

Good for 1 user, Dropbox personal is not that good for business

4 5 years ago

Pros:

I use Dropbox to back up my educational data for my business. Also to back up any applications/.exe files I downloaded. Pricing is simple, you pay about 100$/year for 1 terabyte. You pick the location of the folder. Most SSDs are limited to 1 terabyte max capacity and my music library, audiobooks, application files, documents and taxes all take up 360 gigabytes. That means it's plenty for personal use. I use a tablet to teach classes - I can selectively sync only the dropbox folders that contain my business documents so my presentations are always available to present. Combined with a manual monthly backup, dropbox is great. It has versioning history so if a file gets corrupted you can restore to an earlier copy. Dropbox works on Linux, Mac and Windows. Love the Linux support.

Cons:

1. Customer service. They try to save money and automate everything to provide low rates - understandable. I had added a new Linux computer and put the dropbox folder on an external drive. When I turned on the Linux computer without the extra drive, dropbox thought the whole folder had been deleted. It deleted all my files online and synced the deletion to my Windows desktop. It was a MESS! I could NOT manually restore more than 120 files so I had to ask for support. Dropbox support did NOT work on the weekend - they only restored the files on Monday. My problem occured on Friday. Terrible, terrible experience. But, since then, I've tried Spideroak and Google drive and dropbox is better than both. It's not perfect but it works - just use it carefully, especially on Linux. 2. Sharing folders with peers is pretty bad - you get multiple copies of the same folder. Some update, others don't. The sharing features in Google Drive are way better. Dropbox personal sucks for teamwork and sharing. I have not tried Dropbox Business - Business may perform better. There is also Box.net - this is a business focussed alternative that has been around far longer than dropbox and is supposed to perform much better. Were I not a single contractor, I would instead choose between Dropbox for Business or Box.net.

Matthew G.
COO in Canada
Computer Software

Best cloud storage provider out there (and I've tried them all)

5 6 years ago

Pros:

Dropbox really does take care of everything for me, it has features that are there when I need them but when I just need it to back up my computer it just chugs away in the background and keeps my files in sync across all my computers. The reversion feature (30 days it keeps all old copies of a file) has saved my life on more than a few occasions, and I'm confident enough in the automatic photo upload that I can delete photos from my phone weekly. Overall it really just lets me go about my day to day without worrying about my files, bad saves, etc. and it makes sharing files within the office a breeze. The mobile app is awesome as well as their file support for previews. You can even preview photoshop and illustrator files now, which is a godsend. Other vendors (box, google drive, copy) have terrible clients (desktop and mobile) which take forever to upload and sync, enough so that I do not trust them with my files. Only Dropbox has been good enough. Even though they may cost more for their service I'm willing to pay it, happy even. My files and my company's files are my life and Dropbox lets me not have to worry about that.

Cons:

Upset that they've cancelled Mailbox and carousel but besides that I'm pretty happy. I gladly pay them yearly. I think the selective sync options could be easier to set up with a more intuitive UI, and I also wish the reversion options were in the desktop app and not buried in the web interface. As well the recent files in the desktop app could go farther back in time and I think the "pack rat" option should be included in all free plans because storage is so cheap now.

Harry K.
Consultant in UK
Primary/Secondary Education

The most convenient cloud storage service

Pros:

Cost - There is a free plan available, with no hidden charges leaping out at users at any time. Capacity - Users are given 2 GB of storage capacity. This may not seem like much, but it is certainly plenty to start off with. Adding storage is also possible - and without incurring charges. Users have a whole array of free options to increase their storage capacity, including, among others: Invite friends/ acquaintances to Dropbox Connect Dropbox to Facebook/ Twitter Send Fan mails Convenience - Extremely easy to use, Dropbox can either be used online or by installing the Dropbox application. This is quick, easy to do and allows automatic saving/ synchronisation of files between devices (which should also have the application installed) without having to use a browser. Accessibility - With the app installed, it is possible to access files from wherever I am, any time on any device, even if offline at the time (the Dropbox folders on all devices are updated automatically every time a file is saved). I am able to download only required files in order to save space. Sharing - I can share files with other individuals or public by designating folders to specific users or enabling them for public sharing. Back-up - Dropbox is a convenient solution to backing up files in a safe and easy to access fashion. By storing files in the cloud, data sticks, CDs, DVDs and other easily lost or damaged storage devices - and the cost involved - become a thing of the past. What's more, deleting files accidentally will not result in losing them, because Dropbox keeps easy to retrieve copies of all deleted files for 30 days. - The upcoming Dropbox Paper.

Cons:

The paid plans are expensive compared to other cloud services. Dropbox is not as effective for collaborative work as rivals such as Google Docs or Microsoft Office 365. If changes are made to an online spreadsheet file, the first person to finish wins and the competing changes are saved to a separate file. Security concerns arise when storing important and sensitive data on Dropbox.

Owner in US

Classic Cloud Storage - with Business Twist

4 2 years ago

Comments: No more local file server! Dropbox does what it sets out to do 99% of the time.

Pros:

It's Dropbox! I remember when they first came out with the newfangled sync files between devices automatically. Now its grown into a major platform allowing businesses to move away from local hosted file storage and put their data in the cloud. I mean, it WORKS for the majority of use cases. Access your files anywhere.

Cons:

MAJOR issues with "Smart Sync" feature and Mac OSX. Smart Sync lets you see files up on the cloud and browse within Mac OSX Finder app without downloading files and taking up space on your local hard drive until you need them. At least, thats how its supposed to work. It causes issues with Mac OSX where even though the files aren't locally stored Mac OSX will see them as taking up HDD space. Had back and forth for months with Dropbox support and it still an issue. I was really bothered by how they essentially launched a broken product feature for Macs. If you are a Mac OSX user and want to use Dropbox desktop app, I dont think I can recommend at this time. Little things bug me as well - I want to maybe run a report and see how much data we have and how big are certain folders vs others. No native way to do this in Dropbox itself.

manager in US
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Great for business sharing documents, team work

5 2 years ago

Comments: We use DropBox to share real estate information. Details about properties and underwriting. It's convenient to have all of the corporation's information on deals being worked on in one single drive.

Pros:

Easy to drag and drop documents to share and edit sharing options.

Cons:

Recent significant price increase does not feel justified, even with the slight storage increase. I don't like using their web platform because I find the layout clunky and wasteful of screen space. Plus their menus could be improved.

Khuram Z.
CEO in US

Dropbox for business - where have you been all my life?

5 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, Dropbox Business is awesome and I strongly recommend it for anyone interested in running a modern, 21st century company. It removes bottlenecks in information sharing and is far more secure due to it's ability to remove users. Lastly, it has two factor authentication. It's affordable, secure, and convenient.

Pros:

As a digital agency owner, virtually all of our projects require collaboration. We have designers, developers, marketers, and account managers. As such, our projects must be accessible by not only our team members, but also freelancers we may hire and even clients who want to preview projects before they go to production. We tried out other services like Google Docs to host our file sharing but that didn't work. For years, we each used just our own dropbox folders but then eventually that capped out. We finally switched over to Dropbox Business and that was the best decision we ever made. It became incredibly easy for us to share all of the various assets we have as a company, set user permissions, and easily add and remove people. As a business owner, I have complete transparency on all of the digital assets of my business now and don't have to run around chasing after people to remind them to share their files with other people. It's expedited the speed of our business and has removed unnecessary bottlenecks in our project management processes.

Cons:

While I love the main features, setting up users and removing them is a bit confusing. You can invite people to folders but you're actually supposed to set up licenses. If you don't set up the user permissions properly, people can't access folders or vice versa and it can be a frustrating experience. Additionally, sometimes folders don't always sync properly for whatever reason and you have to delete / reinstall folders.

James B.
Dir. Sales and Marketing in US
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Dropbox makes it easy

5 10 months ago

Comments: Dropbox allows us to work remotely and still collaborate as if we were in the same office. It makes being able to share large files with clients easy, and most everyone can access. The ease of use compared to other similar services make us committed to Dropbox.

Pros:

Cost, ease of use/set-up, and overall functionality. We use it to store all of our courses, both during the creation process and afterwards. We house a LOT of large files of different types on here, and they are easily accessed by everyone with access to the files. This allows for great team work to be done even though we're spread out around the country. To be able to save something and a peer open and complete a part and then save back directly to Dropbox makes things so much easier hone in the past.

Cons:

The biggest con is sometimes when saving large files, it can take a bit for them to actually save and then be made available for others to download. Granted this is usually less than 15-20 minutes, but sometimes when time is on the line, it can be frustrating to wait that amount of time. However, we've found its easier in those cases to save directly to your drive and then copy/paste into dropbox. This usually solves the waiting time.

Ko-ko O.
Ko-ko O.
Freelance Graphic Designer in US
Graphic Design, Self Employed

My Preferred Cloud Storage Solution

5 last year

Comments: Using Dropbox has helped me solve my file storage issues. With this software I have been able to better organize and effortlessly sync my files to the cloud. I have more than enough space to save all of my design work, as well as video projects for my clients, and I love being able to access my files on the go with the Dropbox mobile app. This software continues to improve, and I look forward to more new features being rolled out in the future.

Pros:

I love how easy Dropbox is to use and the wealth of features that it offers. When using the online version of Dropbox from a web browser, a brief overview of the various features is available to the user. The desktop app makes saving, organizing, and sharing files incredibly quick and easy.

Cons:

I would love to see a fresh new layout that is a bit more modern and compact for the web browser version of Dropbox.

Kevin M.
Worship Pastor in US
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees

Dropbox has streamlined our file storage

5 5 years ago

Comments: We use Dropbox Business as our primary file storage solution at our church. We have an account for all staff. It makes it incredibly easy to access the files we need from any location. Sharing links couldn't be simpler. I also use the iPhone app to capture receipts on the go. One thing to keep in mind is the need to upload anything you're going to store/use in Dropbox. Large files can take a while depending on the speed of your Internet connection. I also have to throttle the upload speeds on everyone's Dropbox app or it chokes our cable modem and crashes our connection. This is a problem I really with they could fix. There's something about the "automatic" upload speed management that just doesn't work for us. Whenever our Internet goes down, I can usually trace it to someone uploading a video or other large file on an unthrottled connection. That being said, it's my only significant gripe. Their customer service has been fantastic. And their policy of giving as much storage as we need makes me more than happy to pay their price. We pay per user, knowing that as our storage needs grow, our fee will only grow when we add users to the account. Dropbox Business also includes unlimited versioning and undelete. This has saved my bacon multiple times. Make a change to a file you aren't happy with? Go online and restore a previous version! Someone delete one of your files from a shared folder? No more tracking them down to get it back. Just go online and use the undelete feature.

Pros:

Easy access to files Simple sharing via links or shared folders Unlimited undelete and versioning Selectable sync so I don't have to download everything to all the computers I use

Cons:

Upload speed needs to be automatically managed so it doesn't choke modems out