Dropbox Business Reviews

• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.2 /5

About Dropbox Business

Dropbox Business is the secure file sharing and storage solution that employees love and IT admins trust. Get started for free today!

Learn more about Dropbox Business

Showing 17,850 reviews

Youssef K.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"Filesharing solution for people on the move"

Comments: Dropbox is my online backup solution. All my working files are on dropbox and are being synced automatically which makes my data safe and secure. Sharing files with colleagues working from different locations around the world has never been easier.

Pros: I like dropbox because syncing files with colleagues has never been easier and faster. Dropbox syncs the files very fast. I also like the Smartsync feature which allows me to keep all the files online and only sync the files I need whenever I need them.

Cons: The price is a bit expensive for a big team, we have more than 40 users so the monthly fees are a bit high now. Some of the features we had were removed and are now part of the more expensive package. Dropbox paper is still not available for all users.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2021
Jessie V.
Systems manager
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2020

"Dropbox"

Comments: Great product. I love it! Really expanded the Dropbox I love to use personally by Including a whole team

Pros: I’ve loved Dropbox and been using it for nearly 10 years. When our company was looking to get off of the old school server system Dropbox Business seemed like the natural choice especially because so many on the team had already used Dropbox personally. The amount of storage and options was super helpful for us and allowing us to get rid of remote access but still access our files was just what was needed.

Cons: It’s tough when employees have personal and business accounts. With people’s natural instinct to protect their own info it’s crucial for them to feel that they can use both accounts but toggling back and forth is not a feature that works well.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2020
Camillia C.
Graphic Designer
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2020

"Upload With A Simple Drop!It's so Easy"

Comments: My experience with dropbox has been epic. Its saved much time and frustration of carrying hard drives and switch computers. No longer do you have to worry about "Storage is full delete or move items to make space." No longer do you have to worry about. Panicking because you accidentally left the harddrive in your other suitcase and your outta town so your projects is on hold. NOPE! Not with dropbox.
It's so easy to use I recommend it for anyone that's on projects of ant kind. Or just simply wants the security of knowing their stuff is backed up safely if the computer crashes or a exturnal harddrive fails or gets broken.
I love how everyone on the team can be on it at one time. Accessing all they need. It's so easy to use. And everything is easy to find. It's way more organized than Google drive.

Pros: When I say that LOVE this software. I LOVE this software. I worked on a media team so we produce alot of videos, promo flyers edits ,photoshop edits, Premiere videos, We use ALOT of storage and each person on the production team has a different task to perform. We used to store stuff on hard drives and unplug them from computer to computer which is a hassle. One time the harddrive dropped and stopped working so we lost all our data. Talk about a mess! But not with dropbox! We uploaded the entire Terabyte of data unto dropbox. And it saved sooo much time and protected our artistic works that's accessible at anytime. Dropbox allows you to create accounts for each person on the team so they can have their own storage and files without it being in the way of others. You simply take a file from your computer Click, Drag, and BOOM its uploaded to Dropbox! It's probably the best storage site I've experienced honestly. Each person has their own individual space and login information.
As the admin you can lock projects, restrict access to other people on the team. Or choose who can add files and see content on specific folders.
You can create folders and subfolders to organize everything from pictures to videos and let's say "Camillie's Movie 2019" You can add and categorize folders within that folder for say "Drafts folder" or "Jan-March footage"
or however you want to break it down.

Cons: Sometimes when uploading depending on the internet speed it can take quite awhile to get everything uploaded. But it's totally worth it because you can save space on your computer and hard drives and can access it anywhere you go.

• Reviewed on 12/05/2020
Tamas hunor D.
rental expeditor
Motion Pictures & Film, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2020

"6+ years with Dropbox"

Comments: Dropbox is my daily driver for file sharing and backing up my work. It is a convenient and secure solution. Great to share folders for a limited time, protecting with passwords. The new software allows saving space on my computer by managing local/online files. The only thing is I miss a feature mark, select pictures (or files) by a customer and export it to a list.

Pros: Pretty fast syncing, compared to other competitors. Really capable desktop and mobile app with a lot of features. Good money/value ratio.

Cons: Sometimes it can be slow with really large files. You have to collect all files in one folder.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2020
Myrna V.
Attorney
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"My go-to cloud service"

Comments: When my firm was looking at products/software to move towards a paperless office, we decided to go with Dropbox because of its pricing, easy-to-use interface, and brand reputation. Given that several of our employees were already familiar with Dropbox for their personal needs, the transition to the "cloud" was quite easy. Just upload your existing files into organized folders, and you're done. At first, it took awhile to upload everything to the cloud due to the sheer volume of files being uploaded. But after the initial document "dump", adding new documents/files has been a breeze.

Pros: I like Dropbox's simple and easy-to-use interface. And from a business standpoint, the price is fairly reasonable. I also love the security that Dropbox provides by acting as a digital backup just in case anything happens. I like that you can access Dropbox through multiple platforms and devices--you can access it through a website, a computer application, your cell phone or your tablet--which is helpful when you're working from home, from different locations, or while you're on the road. Plus, sending documents via Dropbox gets there quicker, more secure, and eliminates paper waste, which ultimately saves time and money.

Cons: I really have no complaints about Dropbox at this time. The upload speed is quite fast, and I have no issues with accessing Dropbox.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2020
Aaron P.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2020

"Dropbox primarily does one thing - syncing files, but does it very well."

Comments: Dropbox is dead simple to use, and thus extremely easy to setup for various clients. I use the free version of Dropbox (only 2GB of cloud storage) for small items to sync b/w multiple devices, and I have other clients that use the Business version of Dropbox across the entire organization. Despite its many short comings, and frustrations in pricing, Dropbox is simply unmatched in its file syncing capabilities.

Pros: Dropbox is truly designed for two things, syncing files b/w multiple devices and sharing those files with other Dropbox users. It does those two things extremely well. Dropbox has fantastic conflict resolution features - automatically creating a "conflicted copy" of a file whenever a potential conflict is detected (i.e. a file is being edited by two people at the same time). Dropbox also has plugins for Microsoft Office that allow for multiple people to edit a file simultaneously without creating conflicts. In addition, Dropbox provides a "smart sync" feature, allowing for files to be seen on the computer locally, but not stored locally until opened up. This allows a user to access all of his/her Dropbox files without using up disk space (though it does require an active internet connection).

Cons: For the price, Dropbox for Business is very limited compared to alternatives. Both Google's G Suite and Microsoft Office 365 cost comparable or less, and includes not just file syncing capabilities but an entire office suite. Dropbox's business practices are also somewhat suspect, as they have continually increase the price/month while reducing the features set. Often times, you can restore these missing features for an increased amount/month.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2020
Anne N.
Office Managee
Security & Investigations, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2019

"No More Lost Files"

Comments: Much preferred using dropbox than Sharepoint. Dragv file to your dropbox folder ligation and that's where it is on your harddrive, no wasted time searching in cloud for location of saved files.

Pros: If internet access is not available at time of file upload dropbox will save upload and commence once internet is available. Can retrieve previous versions of uploads and undelete actions. You can assign users and grant permission type to users. You can decide who gets to see what in your dropbox, whether complete access/viewing of while drive or just certain documentation or file locations. You can remove user access at anytime thereby blockingv the user from unw anted access. You can decide whether files you share can be edited or just reviewed. Funded dropbox owner greater control of who sees what and what takes they can perform. Owner can remove certain parts of dropbox from syncing therefore reducing the amount of time fur uploads to be performed.

Cons: Upload time depends on how much you have saved in your dropbox. The less files the faster the upload.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2019
Hao ci K.
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/12/2019

"Dropbox review"

Comments: Dropbox is so far the best cloud storage and syncing services platform, it satisfies my security concern for files sharing and it is a software I would recommend companies.

Pros: Dropbox provides easy file synchronization and supports files sharing, this allows companies to share, exchange and modify information in the cloud storage, which increases the productivity of workers as they can access the data everywhere besides improving the collaboration. Dropbox also provides access to deleted files and documents which is very user-friendly and easy to use.

Cons: There is nothing much to complain about dropbox, the feature and performance are very outstanding as compared to other cloud storage service, the only disadvantage I personally could think of is its price.

• Reviewed on 1/12/2019
Technician
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2019

"Cloud Storage that Focus on Needs"

Comments: Now we have control over data as we can access data from both phone and desktop. We don't have to worry about losing data as we know it is secure with Dropbox Business.

Pros: Dropbox Business has helped us to back up our company and personal data easily. Having a desktop and mobile applications helps to access the cloud stored data from everywhere whenever we need it. In a desktop, files and folders to be backed up are easily dragged to the shortcut on desktop which is convenient and easy. Dropbox Business allows the administrator to give other users controlled access to data in our company thereby providing a platform for easy team work as data is made available for team's access everywhere they are. You can also give links to individuals that don't have access credentials to download data from the account without logging in.

Cons: Dropbox Business has no Artificial Intelligence to recognize and group data on its own, it depends on the user to put files in order before backing up.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2019
Brice W.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2019

"Excellent Solution"

Comments: Very happy with the software and would not consider replacing it.

Pros: Love the ease of use and the permission based folder nesting capabilities. We actually use Dropbox as a client visual workflow system as well as the standard file sharing system. Our clients love it. Our team loves it.

Cons: Their additional products are too simple. Paper is close but limited in usefulness and showcase is too simple and lacking in functionality. Both products have glimpses of what they could be but they fall short option, ease of use, and flexibility wise.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2019
Edward S.
Sales And Marketing Specialist
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2019

"Dropbox Business Review."

Comments: Our company has solved the great problem of not being able to save amounts of information, files or transactions, because we did not have a safe place to store these important documents, that is why we lost a lot of information, important documents, valuable transactions for us, also that we had that change the computers monthly, because they were saturated and we could not recover them, thanks to this software, all these problems were solved, now these documents are not lost, they are automatically saved in the cloud and With just a few clicks, we have access to all of them , which facilitates our work and allows us to finish jobs in our homes that were incomplete or that need more time to do them, we could send them to the cloud, download them to our home, terminals and recharge, exponentially increasing the productivity of the company.

Pros: Dropbox is very easy to use, just take a few minutes to register and once this is done, you can save any amount of information you want in the cloud, important documents, photos, files, transactions, empty your computer or mobile phone to not slow them down. or saturate them with information, and you will not lose any file due to damage or theft of your computer, since synchronizing it with your device or computer will automatically save any file, making it one of the safest methods to save files in the world. It should be noted that you can share any document or information with anyone who uses the program, without having full access, only what you want.

Cons: The drawback is the limited space available for the cloud, since it can save a large number of files, but there comes a time when it reaches this limit and you must pay a special fee to add more memory to the cloud, which I consider very high for the common user or the company that is thinking of acquiring this software, in addition to the folders can not be customized, so you can not specify well to be each, I hope that in future updates you can correct these small details, but In general It is excellent software.

• Reviewed on 26/08/2019
Jonathan H.
Labor Coordinator
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"Dropbox Keeps Our Documents Safe, Secure, and Easy to Access"

Comments: We use Dropbox Business in our office to keep our records in one place for our team. It's especially helpful because we have certain files that are shared across the entire company, and then we also have certain files only used for my own team. It's very easy to create a file, upload a document, and share it with other people. It's also far more secure than other platforms in terms of keeping log of confidential information.

Pros: I love that it is easy to create a folder and have it shared with many people at one time. It's also great to have this set up on my computer in my own Quick Access files, so I can just drag and drop documents from my saved documents and downloads into a Dropbox file. My company has always used dropbox, and having the business account gives us enough space so we can keep all our records in one secure place.

Cons: It's not quite as complex and doesn't quite offer the features of Google Drive or other cloud storage platforms, but it is simple and it does the job. It is also very easily cluttered when you have too many people sharing things across platforms.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 5/10/2018

"The king of online storage with some caveats"

Pros: The core product of Dropbox is rock solid. It's an easy to use, fast, no nonsense online storage and file sharing service. Sharing content with a link is very good and easy to use, plus the option to receive comments on this content is very welcome for many professionals. Shared folders appear in your collaborators respective Dropbox and sync instantly. Nerdy things like delta-updates (meaning that if you change a single word to your file, it only uploads the difference and not the whole file again), LAN syncing (computers in the same local network don't have to download shared folders' content) are not just nice to have, but a core details that push Dropbox over the top.

Cons: Lately Dropbox has been trying to nickel and dime Plus users: their new file streaming functionality in reserved only for Pro (their mid tier). Additionally, they have been pushing heavily for either Free or Plus users to upgrade to more costly tiers, quite obtrusively. Also, they couldn't issue a business invoice for my Plus account, as this was only possible for Pro account -- although it's clearly a business expense for me.
So personally, after being a Plus customer for years, it made more sense to stick with the Free plan for some basic collaboration and storage, and switch to G Suite Google Drive, which doesn't have fancy things like delta-updates and isn't as straightforward as Dropbox, but what it does have is infinite storage and file streaming built-in.
All in all, you can decide what's best for you, but choose wisely because switching between these services can be quite a headache.

• Reviewed on 5/10/2018
Ramon B.
Professor
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/05/2018

"Dropbox is an application that allows users to store and synchronize files online and between comp."

Comments: The benefits that I have obtained from dropbox are good and many since it has served to keep most of my personal documents well protected and able to access them from anywhere in the world with only having an internet connection

Pros: It is a storage service in the cloud that offers an excellent option to share a folder at a time.
It offers applications for the most popular operating systems such as Windows, Linux among others and the possibility of synchronizing so that files are available on any device.
It offers the possibility to see the photos in an online gallery.
It allows us to obtain the download link of any file, share it or send it quickly to other users or simply copy it.
Their applications have very clean and tidy designs, they offer us the right thing and no more than that, they are fast and efficient, and they are free in all their versions.
It offers the possibility of using a virtual hard disk, it only requires an internet connection to be able to synchronize in other devices.
Share files without adding mail and invite people to shared folders, although they can only see and not edit anything.

Cons: If you stop using it for a long time approximately more than three months I will start to tell you that you have to log in to your account so that it passes the inactivity status and if you do not do it in a short time they will cancel the Dropbox account you had with them, that is to keep your servers updated and be able to free space in them. In the computers and in general in any device, only the files that are saved in the folder called My Dropbox, which is automatically created in our account, are synchronized, what is outside that folder is considered private.
Two people can not work in the same file because a copy of the same file is generated.
It does not have the ability to play audio or videos.
The free account can sometimes be very limited, you have to switch to a paid account.
It does not have an offline mode, which allows you to view and edit the files when you do not have an Internet connection, when other services do offer it.

• Reviewed on 1/05/2018
Leighton F.
Mr
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2018

"Dropbox Business is fast, its UI is simple, it makes storing and sharing of your files seamlessly."

Comments: Peace of mind knowing that Dropbox Business is in charge of my files.
Also unlike other file storage options, Dropbox is fast, easy to navigate, and constantly evolving to improve its features.
I'm able to seamlessly store and share large files, making it easy to collaborate on projects and work with employees regardless of your location.
There are a number of ways to log into Dropbox, including a desktop app, online access, or an app for your mobile device. That means you can view, edit and share any documents you need with whatever device is most convenient.
You gain peace of mind knowing that with files stored in Dropbox, hardware issues or other disasters will never compromise your data. Even if there's an issue with your in-office technology, you're able to keep on working and accessing whatever files you need.

Pros: A big advantage for Dropbox Business is its ever growing API offerings, which supports a variety of programming languages and the technologies it integrates with.
Also Dropbox Business lets your organizations create custom integration that extend Dropbox to a wide range of applications and services.
Unlike other file storage options, Dropbox Business is fast, easy to navigate, and constantly evolving to improve its features.
You're able to seamlessly store and share large files, making it easy to collaborate on projects and work with employees regardless of your location.
There are a number of ways to log into Dropbox Business , including a desktop app, online access, or an app for your mobile device. That means you can view, edit and share any documents you need with whatever device is most convenient.
You gain peace of mind knowing that with files stored in Dropbox Business , hardware issues or other disasters will never compromise your data. Even if there's an issue with your in-office technology, you're able to keep on working and accessing whatever files you need.

Cons: Disadvantage of Dropbox Business. Slow tech support or lack of built-in editing, although Dropbox Paper has this feature to pick up the slack on that issue. The bigger issue with Dropbox Business is that it is strictly a cloud service, with no support for on-premises or hybrid implementations. Organizations must rely completely on Dropbox to protect sensitive data and privacy. They have no control over the security model, when patches are applied, how encryption keys are stored, where data and metadata are stored or any other aspects of the infrastructure. Organizations that consider Dropbox must weigh the security risks, while ensuring that the service can meet compliance regulations specific to the region where they do business. Dropbox stores all metadata in U.S. data centers, which may not be acceptable to organizations in other parts of the world.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2018
Wyatt W.
Shift Commander
Public Safety, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/09/2017

"Best thing since sliced cheese"

Pros: I have lost so many files before this was available. I used to have backups, back up harddrives, back up raid systems, etc. They all failed at some point loosing thousands of files each time. Now I put all my files in dropbox. It doesn't matter what computer I sit down at, my files are there. I will move computers at work 3-4 times in a day or switch between my laptop and ipad during a meeting. Doesn't matter, the files are there. A coworker(boss) once deleted an entire folder with hundreds of documents! No problem, I logged into the website and brought them back to life and then changed the security to keep him out.
Once you install this software, you tell it where your files are and you don't generally have to mess with the website. The files are in a folder on your computer and you just use them as you need. When you go to another computer, they will be there too. Your friends will see them too(if you share).

Cons: Not a whole lot to complain about. Those that have low computer skills get confused by it. If you share a file or folder, they must respond to the email and accept the share. Then it just shows up in their dropbox folders. Those that don't use it regularly in particular because they cant ever find their password. In the end, it is easier than email. Every so often, I get a conflicted copy. I don't know why they happen sometimes and not others. You can actually have two people working on a doc at the same time with no problem. But, occasionally, it will make two versions. It is very difficult to figure out which one is the correct one when this happens.

• Reviewed on 5/09/2017
Shannon e. M.
Video Production Manager
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/05/2019

"Ah, Dropbox, what would we do without you?"

Comments: I use Dropbox all the time. Honestly, I'd would LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEE to be able for our company to use just 1 friggin cloud drive (we use personal and Office365 One Drives, Google Drives, Dropbox, Box.com...seriously, someone shoot me), and we've been able to carve our path in SharePoint slowly. However, when it comes to sharing with outside partners, or even just your friend or mom, Dropbox just makes it so easy. I also like that it works with Office products. That's often why I don't use Google Drive, because I can't natively save an Excel spreadsheet, for example. Well, you can...but that brings up a whole different set of issues in Google Drive.

Pros: Dropbox...the cloud service your grandmother can use, and I mean that with all the love in my heart. As of yet, there hasn't been a cloud drive that can rival the ease of use of this beauty. Want to share a file? Right click, copy Dropbox link, share whatever way you wish. Done. Our company pays for Office365 and we have even started to use SharePoint (tentatively...because it's a mess in there, Microsoft, for real). There are sharing capabilities with SharePoint and OneDrive, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. We're a small business, and I have admin rights, and I still can't figure out how to add an outsider to collaborate with our SharePoint files. Dropbox, though? Anyone can use it, it's super easy, you don't have to have a login or credentials or an account. Click, share, go.

Cons: Probably the security. There's a reason why it's so easy to share with this app, you have to sacrifice a certain amount of security in order to make that happen.

• Reviewed on 7/05/2019
Zachary Y.
VP Ops
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2020

"The Best Way to Keep Remote-Working Organized"

Comments: Dropbox Business makes working remote easy with its seamless Cloud-based platform, ease of navigation, and variety of app-integrations that make it a viable one-stop-shop for our small business. Whether for communicating amongst our team, tracking uploads, easy delivery via Transfer, or archiving, Dropbox has proven to be the most reliable resource in keeping our mobile model running smoothly.

Pros: * Unlimited Storage - this is extremely helpful as our business is constantly growing, developing more content, and in need of a viable online archive.
* Customization per user (permissions, size of account, etc)
* Tracking/Analytics
* Protection
* Customer Service - Dropbox Business' customer service has always impressed me with their promptness and professionalism.

Cons: I wish there were more customizations/advanced filters for the search tool. Given that a majority of our assets are visual, a "visual search" tool would also be very valuable.

• Reviewed on 16/03/2020
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2020

"Our Preferred Cloud Storage Provider for Years"

Comments: Dropbox Business has streamlines our workflows, enhanced our organization, and made accessing files from years ago a breeze with constant indexing and instant search functionality. Through our Office 365 subscription we have access to Microsoft OneDrive and Sharepoint, but we choose to pay for Dropbox Business as it is easier for our workflow and team's operations.

Pros: We have used a variety of cloud storage providers -- Microsoft OneDrive & Sharepoint, Google Drive, etc -- but have found DropBox to have the best platform for seamless file storage, access on-the-go via the mobile app for iOS, Android & iPadOS. Extremely easy to use, very intuitive, and great search functionality vs the competitors.

Cons: Occasionally there is a sync lag, or the software will spin up our CPU when trying to sync -- but for the most part the app works great.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2020
Steffanie S.
Senior Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/01/2020

"A Great Tool with Minor Issues"

Comments: Overall, Dropbox Business is a major component in our efficiency at work. If you work on projects across a team like we do, Dropbox is the easiest tool for collaboration. We rely on it so much that when it glitches our whole day is shot.
Dropbox is highly customizable and easy to use for teams even with low computer skills.
For those of us who work exclusively on computer programs, it would be nice to have some organization options to make the experience even faster. I am satisfied with Dropbox Business, but there is always room for improvement.

Pros: As many companies can attest, Dropbox Business is an unprecedented tool in organization and synchronization. At my job, when Dropbox stops working, my whole workflow is shot. With Dropbox I can access files on a network I share with my design team. We can collaborate on a project easily, take over designs that need finishing instantly, and stay on the same page.

Cons: The main quick fix Dropbox Business can make is to resolve glitches and bugs. Too often we are in the middle of working and our files stop syncing. I've had single small files take hours to sync. While having perfect internet connection and excellent computer function.
Besides the technical issues, I would really love to see Dropbox come with its own organizational tools. True, it is an asset to be able to customize your storage on Dropbox entirely from scratch, but it eats a huge amount of time. We have spent hundreds of hours implementing our own file organizing system and tracking down stray files. If Dropbox had some templates and tools for file organization, we could spend more time designing and finish projects faster.

• Reviewed on 2/01/2020
Athar K.
Attorney
Legal Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 9/09/2020

"Most Robust Sync Solution"

Comments: Collaboration is fantastic. The ability to enable LAN Sync helps distribute data effortlessly and quicker than any one-to-many solution.

Pros: Regardless of use of special characters, length of filenames, folder nesting, path depth, or any other limitation that can choke other cloud solutions (especially OneDrive), this software just does not quit. It is the most solid sync and collaboration software that I have used -- and I have used everything that I could have gotten my hands on.

Cons: I do not like the Desktop App. It feels misguided and a very odd direction for the software to go in. If it is not broken, it should not be fixed. But, for whatever reason, Dropbox decided to go in this direction.

• Reviewed on 9/09/2020
Jon G.
Accoutant
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2021

"Great product!!!"

Comments: I am very pleased with Dropbox Business. It is affordable and feature rich. Has everything I need at an affordable price! Great all your business needs!

Pros: Accessibility is the best with this software. Can get all my documents wherever and whenever I need.

Cons: The only issue I had initially was sending links or access for documents to an outside party. I was able to help help pretty quickly to solve the issue.

• Reviewed on 19/01/2021
Winston M.
Software Development
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2019

"Stores all your data in a simple and very secure way."

Comments: Dropbox has solved the problem that we had before to store important information of much content that we managed in the company and that now we can synchronize it to our different devices and in this way have a fast access to our data, that we can share with co-workers , colleagues or users on the network. It is very significant to have the service that allows us to obtain backup copies for each of the synchronized files, offering us confidence and security in the cloud.

Pros: The thing what i most like is i can have the full confidence of having one of the best data storage service that currently exists, where i have the great facility to access them from any device and share them with teammates, colleagues and users in general, thanks to the property of synchronization that this system has. Dropbox offers us great security, since its system is regularly updated and performing security tests in the application and the network, i can also count on its technology capable of encrypting all my documents through the AES method and that are certified by the protocols. TLS and SSL that are synonymous with reliability.

Cons: The system does not allow to share a file and work simultaneously, it is necessary to be very cautious when we are performing these processes and the most correct way is to do them separately, otherwise my information can be duplicated.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2019
Opeyemi O.
English Teacher
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2018

"dropbox business"

Pros: user interface; Dropbox has been in the business of document management and file hosting long before it became cool and their age in the business saw to it that they perfectly understood what the business needs and what it takes to win consumers over to their side, an intuitive an easy to use design and that's exactly what the team came up with and adapted.
Top-notch, complex yet simple file management system; the options available for files shared on your dropbox business are near unlimited as you can set permissions to have files viewed by either you alone as the account owner, your team, the public or exclusively those with the decryption key/password of the file you have decided to password.
Security; asides having your files in the cloud and being able to share them with whomever it is you choose to share them with, Dropbox business also ensures your business stays at such, as there is no way your files are getting out into the wrong hands with their top level integrated security services.
Customer service; it is one thing to have a customer care service, it is another to leave customers satisfied after going through your business help representatives, Dropbox business incorporates a knowledge base to help with any difficulty you are facing on the website and if that doesn't seem to get you sorted, you can as well resort to their live chat for further help.

Cons: Lack of an online editing tool; when dealing with businesses, it gives a great deal of joy to be able to get all of your things sorted on a page without having to open multiple tabs or be forced to visit another website/platform, with a Dropbox business account, you are forced to do so when you need to make changes to your files that are already in the cloud, as you will be redirected from your Dropbox business account to Microsoft office login/signup page to get yourself sorted by either signing up for a new account with extra bucks as subscription fees or login to an already existing account with Microsoft online.
Lack of ocr; Dropbox business mobile app lacks a feature that has been adopted by serious minded cloud based file management firms i.e. optical character recognition, a feature that helps with recognition of printed characters or in this case characters on a document captured via the mobile phone's camera.

• Reviewed on 5/12/2018
Dulce L.
Legal Assistant
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2020

"So easy to use, even on the go!"

Comments: Overall, I love it. I wouldn’t use any other software for managing client files. I love how fast things are uploaded and available to any other user. This is essential when the whole office is working remotely.

Pros: I love how easy it is to use Dropbox Business. And how fast it syncs. This has helped us IMMENSELY during this whole stay at home order due to the Novel Coronavirus. Our whole firm was able to instantly switch to working remotely while keeping in touch. We keep all our files digitally stored in Dropbox so it’s easy to stay connected and be able to collectively work on files. I love Dropbox. I also love the app for iPad and iPhone. It makes working on the go very easy. I’m able to easily do everything on mobile that is available on desktop.

Cons: I don’t think there’s anything I dislike about this software. I’ve never had any issues.
If I had to pick something, I would say that it take a bit extra to create subfolders within our client files. Each client has to have several files to sort out different types of documents. When you create a new subfolder (A folder within a folder), it opens up. So then you have to go back to the client file to create the another subfolder and repeat this for each one.
It’s not that much of a hassle, but that’s the only thing I’d like to change.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2020