Filter by:

• Overall

About Saba Cloud

Talent management software that gives you a new way to develop your people and teams.

Learn more about Saba Cloud

Tomas G.
Tomas G.
Enterprise Technical Support Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

The paradise to take trainings

5 2 years ago

Comments: now all the departments have his training in one place, making easy for everyone

Pros:

The trainings are so organized that you only need time to search and select the courses do you want to complete.

Cons:

Some training requires Flash, and right now that's an outdated plugin and unsupported for some web browsers

Patricia C.
Sr. HR Associate in

Saba Review

3 5 years ago

Comments: Our company uses Saba as a part of our training and development program. Saba is where we house our new hire orientation, training and presentation videos, and completing the performance review process each year. I rated three stars for ease of use simply because it takes multiple steps to set up a course on the platform. I find it difficult that you have to add content here, manage the class there, edit the course content somewhere else, etc. If this was all done as one feature it would make it a lot easier for client users on the back-end. Being able to delete a class is also a difficult step.

Pros:

Many features we can use - upload training videos, performance reviews, tracking who has completed certain classes by building reports.

Cons:

Cannot upload videos onto the platform itself - must use an outside source to house the video like YouTube or SCORM and then upload it within the Saba. Sometimes if the video file is too large it takes a long time for the video to play within the platform. Being able to create a new class and delete old classes - I don't understand why we can't delete certain classes or content or courses because there are certain subscribers but if the content is old and I choose not for those subscribers to see it, why don't I have the power to delete it?

Lori J.
Associate Director Employee Education and Training in US
Individual & Family Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Two Years of Saba

5 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I would recommend Saba Cloud due to its functionality as well as the customer service experience in launch preparation.

Pros:

Our social service agency shopped around extensively for an LMS that would meet our wide range of needs. We chose Saba over two years ago and are glad that we did. This LMS system allows us to get training out quickly to our staff throughout the state, assign training plans, etc. I really like the analytics portion of the software as well.

Cons:

When creating a certification, or package of trainings, it would be preferrable to have a lookback date to set rather than just number of days. This would allow our annual training plans to be more accurate for those beginning after the start of our training year. I would also like to have access to a tech person without writing a ticket and awaiting a response.

Maggie C.
Teammate Learning & Development Partner in US
Insurance, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Cloud-Based LMS That's Worth the $$$

5 5 years ago

Comments: I've used dozens of learning management systems. Most of them are terrible. Saba Cloud is very robust and can be complex depending on your project, but it's the best LMS I've ever used. Aside from learning, you can use it as a complete talent management suite by incorporating recruiting, performance reviews, and succession planning. I love it!

Pros:

ease of use, technical support, community

Cons:

The informal bits could use some work (workspaces).

Saba Software Response

5 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Saba. We are so glad you are getting the most of your product! We value customer feedback so your time is much appreciated.

Koby L.
Learning Technology Consultant in Canada

Saba provides a comprehensive product that just works right out of the box.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Easy to use. Advanced features and excellent functionality. Looks good with little required configuration. Consistent upgrade cycle has produced many excellent new features and regular fixes and updates. The organization is very responsive to customer requests and suggestions.

Cons:

Because the product is comprehensively designed, there are some limitations to customization. Features like notifications and page layout are primarily static. However, the design is of high quality and usability.

Danielle T.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT in US
Insurance, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Terrific Value and Great Support

5 5 years ago

Comments: This is the initial LMS implementation for our company. We are now able to launch and track learning to over 8000 employees in a de-centralized organization and with an easy and convenient cloud-based platform that the learners like as much as administrators.

Pros:

Saba's technical team has been very responsive and implemented many suggestions for design improvements made by our team. The overall design is easy to use and manage for both elearning and instructor led courses. Learners like the website style interface for browsing and completing courses.

Cons:

Until customized the layout may have extra buttons / features that even ADMINS don't need to see. Can be cluttered until these options are removed.

Corey Y.
Director of Training and Development in
Philanthropy, 201-500 Employees

Staff really likes Saba

4 5 years ago

Comments: Our staff really likes Saba which is a great first step since moving from our old LMS. The UI is accessible and the system, per the staff, is very intuitive. We use the meeting app quite a bit and feel it gives team leaders a great way to start building their training. In the next two quarters we will be move beyond the original learning module and are optimistic that the performance module will solicit the same positive results.

Pros:

Easy to use. Easy for learners. The meeting app gives all staff a wonderful tool to use. Tech support has been very quick and attentive. The training consultant and tech support from Saba that I used to go live were terrific.

Cons:

I am an admin team of one and there are not enough hours in the day to explore Saba. I think the notifications can be complicated and, in many cases, are system-wide. Also, there is no way to send a test to yourself to see what they look like.

Interim State Director in US
201-500 Employees

We use this for our entire communication within the organization and our Board.

4 4 years ago

Comments: Having a central location with lots of functions to get instant access to information.

Pros:

Ability to manage many subgroups of the organization (e.g., Board of Directors, Vice Presidents, general staff, etc.). Easy to navigate teams within the organization. Great platform to have all general information in one central location for all staff members to be able to access instantaneously.

Cons:

Depending on admin. settings, some functionality not available but this is due to the admin and not really the software. Sometimes training video do not load properly, but might be browser compatibility.

Corporate Training Development Manager in US
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees

Unattrative complex processes set up for short review

3 3 years ago

Pros:

Details carryover from one year to next, can capture info from co-workers and peers, and allows for multiple performance raters.

Cons:

It takes an extremely long amount of time to set up the process when a change is needed prior to being launched. Also, the "document" appears as if an actual document, not a software piece. It looks clunky when filling out.

Acquisitions Leader in US
Hospital & Health Care

excellent performance mgmt, training, learning management system

5 4 years ago

Pros:

we use this for internal employee performance management, training and learning development in our organization - it is a very intuitive/friendly and customizable software that is friendly to use and administer

Cons:

would have loved for the training side to be more customizable as it was on the performance management side

Business Project Manager in Canada

Formerly Halogen

5 3 years ago

Pros:

I used this product when it was Halogen and still works great for tasks assigned to me and ones assigned to myself, and also for org charts.

Cons:

I keep getting reminders every time I have an overdue task. It's very annoying and I wish that featured could be turned off.

William F.
Head of L&D, Americas in US
Management Consulting, 201-500 Employees

Review of Saba Learning Management System (LMS)

3 4 years ago

Comments: Saba LMS is a good for big traditional cooperation, but may need to enhance UI/UX and social/mobile learning to get to the next level.

Pros:

The course structure and the playlist from the homepage. I also like the favorite list where I can add and save courses to view later.

Cons:

The user interface is not as modern for millennials. The LMS is not user friendly for Mac users. There are many pop-ups when completing an online course.

Megan S.
HR Systems in Australia
Used the Software for: Not provided

Creating org charts went from taking hours to a single button press

5 6 years ago

Comments: Our old process was extremely manual. We would have to pull data out of our payroll system then manually create charts ' so, manually drawing boxes on pages and writing names on charts etc. The time involved in that was pretty outrageous. It would often take us months at a time to create an org chart. We knew the power of [email protected] and opted to use it straight away. Implementation was so simple that we were up and running in half a day. Now we have a more automated way of building the charts. We load the information into [email protected] and it builds the charts for us. The ease of just clicking a button and having an org chart ready to go is definitely my favourite feature. We're no longer spending months building charts ' we click a button and we've got the chart the same day.

Michael R.
Human Resource Generalist in
Banking, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Saba Feedback

5 5 years ago

Comments: Overall, the implementation process with Saba and their customer support team has been excellent. They are timely in responding to requests, answering questions, and progressing in each step of our implementation. Also, they did an excellent job with the product demo and showing us everything that is available for use. I could see us using the system for much more after having used it for a year or two getting comfortable with all of its functionalities. Our employees are very excited about the changes we are able to implement based on the performance management side with Saba allowing employees to stay up to date daily with their performance expectations and goals.

Pros:

- Customer support - Modern feel to the system - Ease of use.

Cons:

- Many of the capabilities of Saba are add-ons to the system that cost extra.

Shervin H.
photographer in Canada
Photography, Self Employed

business skills

4 2 years ago

Comments: I used the free trial for this software so I can expand my knowledge, and it did help. I improved some aspects on my business as well as my dads business. My dad is considering paying for the whole subscription because he liked it so much. overall, this software is helpful for everyone trying to start a business and become successful in the near future.

Pros:

-helpful tips for business growth -helps young people grow their skills -useful for all ages -easy to use

Cons:

-a bit expensive for people who do not have spare change

Mai E.
LMS lead in
Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ Employees

SABA

5 5 years ago

Comments: SABA is the most advanced LMS i have seen on the market. Easy to use, has lots of functionality especially the bulk imports, it really helps alot

Cons:

dont have access to the DB and the DB booklet is very hard to read and understand

Lecayle H.
n/a in Canada
Accounting

Worst LMS I have ever used as an admin or end user

1 5 years ago

Pros:

Nothing about this vendor would make me leave a positive comment.

Cons:

Their product doesnt work and we had it for 2.5 years

Sophie B.
Sophie B.
Sr. Knowledge Manager in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51-200 Employees

Just can’t recommend

2 2 years ago

Comments: Unpopular UX with our staff. Not a good match in terms of each of our teams investing time for a successful implementation

Pros:

It is a comprehensive suite with all HR functionality (performance management, LMS, etc)

Cons:

CUSTOMER SERVICE. It was hard to get meetings with our tech team that we were paying for extra monthly help. They are not proactive or concerned if it’s working. Reps not prepared for demos of other related products. Emails not responded to for a week every time.

Jeff B.
Consultant in US
Computer Software

Using Saba for delivering Virtual Training

2 6 years ago

Pros:

Covers a lot of features and function. Maybe tries too many.

Cons:

It is obtuse, though it changes and sometimes get better.

Katie D.
Education Developer in US
Government Relations, 51-200 Employees
Used the Software for: Not provided

Best Demo I've Seen for Talent Management

5 5 years ago

Comments: I've sat through so many LMS demos, and none of the solutions ever consider the bigger picture. Seeing Saba's product helped me realize I've been driving a Pinto and they want to give me a Lamborgini.

Pros:

ease of use, intuitive, features are awesome

Cons:

not sure, I'm basing this off a demo only

Josefina V.
Josefina V.
Consultor externo de SAP MM PM in Venezuela

Good training and storage tool

5 4 years ago

Pros:

It allows you like all the other tools, creation of training courses and a good storage space in the cloud, very easy to use and available to many people

Cons:

Its price is a bit expensive, since it grants features that other tools have at a lower price and its platform is a bit robust compared to other platforms

Director, HR Technology & Project Management in US
Hospital & Health Care

Easy to use

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Pro about installing the software was that the Implementation was well managed by Halogen staff. They are very customer focused.

Cons:

Another point of accessing data. People may get confused on how to access and when to access the software. It may be too soon to tell since we are just rolling it out.

Esthetician, Certified Master Pedicurist in Canada
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees

Great foe Org Chart

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Awesome for Org Charts, performance reviews and to assign and track tasks and goals. Would definintly recommend for larger organizations

Cons:

We used this when we were smaller and it was quite pricey for just a few users, so wouldnt recommend it unless the org is larger

Devashish N.
Business Analyst - II in India
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

SABA Cloud is a necessary Evil

3 3 years ago

Comments: Earlier we had the internal Learning Management System which had become unmanageable and didn't had superior features; but with Saba Cloud (SaaS) application the enterprise need not worry about maintenance and downtime.

Pros:

1.)Supports multiple Training Types like Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT), Instructor Led Training (ILT), Self -Paced Training etc. 2.)Support Multiple Contents like Adobe Content, SCROM, URL, WebEx Recordings, MP4 etc. Though SCROM is best. 3.) Multiple ways to create assessments varying from Paragraph questions to MCQ with single select and multi-correct along with weight-age scoring for each correct option, pre and post class surveys. 4.) Functionality to add keywords & Tags to each course to enhance ease of search for users 5.) RDI (Rapid Data Import) to bulk update or import data like marking user attendance, course creation, user registration etc. 6.)Prescriptive Rules (PR) to auto enroll new employees to Mandatory Compliance and New Joiners Induction Training

Cons:

1.) Performance of TIM (The Intelligent Mentor), the course recommender system is bad. 2.)Not much APIs are available for integration unlike we have for Salesforce (CRM) 3.)Lacks ability for administrators to Customize some inline CSS and HTML works to customize the Course Header and Description etc. 4.) Lacks Good Dashboards for Management Reporting 5.) Poor Customer Support

Tila M.
Learning and Development Manager in US
Insurance, 51-200 Employees

Heavy Hitter for LMS's

5 6 months ago

Pros:

There isnt much that you can need to do that this LMS cant accomplish. Additionally, as they converge with Cornerstone there is now some content options as well. It is easy to use on the end user side and offers a lot of customization on the administrative side.

Cons:

The price is steep, and it has so much that can be customized that it is often hard to know what the impact of a certain choice might be.