• Overall
    4.4/5

About FreshBooks

Simple to use online invoicing and accounting solution starting at $6.00/Mth. Join 24 million people who've already used FreshBooks.

Learn more about FreshBooks

Showing 3,252 reviews

Frank N.
Producer
Media Production, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/09/2019

"I wish I could rate it higher than a 10"

Comments: Switching to it from one of those other software packages was one of the most liberating experiences of my career.

Pros: It was so easy to add and remove third party apps if and when they were needed.Plus, there were lots of options for third party apps that I could plug in or switch out as needed.

Cons: It never once made me a cup of coffee. I know that sounds like a weird joke but that's pretty much the only thing that it couldn't do for me.

• Reviewed on 9/09/2019
Andreas L.
Telecommunications, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Freshbooks - Still one of the best billing systems around"

Comments: Able to run and invoice quickly. Add the strong integration that it has with Freshdesk for ticketing and my time tracking - it has allowed me to better streamline my operations.

Pros: Tracking and customer portal that is fully labeled as your own... this is a feature most competitors do not have. Know when your customers have viewed your invoices and even printed them! Slick mobile app

Cons: Pricing has gone up vis a vis other comparable competitors. Ticketing is very basic. One issue that could have been done better is that this is more of a quoting system and not proposal based. So making fancier proposals you are best off using another platform.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2019
Sursh P.
Freelancer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2020

"Accounting is fun with FreshBooks"

Comments: Overall Experience is good and This software gives me good reporting options, simple handling, and clear format to expend our Accounting details.

Pros: This software helps us to do all our Accounting Entries like Expenses, Sales, Purchase & Overall Organisation requirements.  It is excellent in terms of reporting.  I give a full 5 stars to this software and recommend it to all my clients.

Cons: I love this software because 1. It saves more time.
2. It gives a Perfect report.
3. It is very user friendly

• Reviewed on 12/06/2020
Susan B.
Digital Business and Marketing Consultant
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2017

"Really like FreshBooks but there's room for improvement"

Comments: Here's the skinny on FreshBooks (the good, the bad, and the ugly): The Good:
You can't beat the visual dashboard for tracking outstanding and past payments for clients. It's a great billing system for small businesses and especially consultants or freelancers. The recurring billing/invoicing system is FAB!
Like many platforms these days, Freshbooks showcases a library of "add-ons" to help enhance your experience. Some of the best ones (in my book, as a tech consultant and marketer) are Hubspot, Shopify, Mailchimp, Bidsketch, BaseCamp, and Podio. There's a decent time tracking feature, along with the ability to track expenses. You can create/assign staff to project billing. Of course, you can issue "estimates" to prospects for future projects. As you send invoices through the Freshbooks system, it will log "sent" emails for you. And the system is designed to handle manual invoices for snail mail as well. Each client/business that you bill receives their own "login" to your dashboard to view their invoice(s). This is a nice touch, as clients may often "misplace" that original email with your invoice in it... It integrates very nicely with Stripe and PayPal (although I hear that may be changing - what? I know) plus Freshbooks has its own payment feature. I never have issues with payments, they always come through the system promptly (for online playing, 24-48 hours, the norm). The Bad:
I'm not a fan of the reporting feature, while it's functional, it doesn't allow enough flexibility that a diverse consultant such as myself would like (need) to have. There are several reporting functions for each core feature (Accounting, Clients, Invoicing, and Time Tracking). But no option for custom reporting, which I often need as my diverse array of clientele has different process, set-ups, etc. At the very least, I would like to be able to customize the built-in reports on some level. I've not found an add-on that would assist me with this pain point.
The Ugly:
Finally, sadly, the worst thing I have to say about FreshBooks is that the Android app is greatly lacking. As the years (and technology) progress, that could eventually become a deal breaker. All the features in the world won't do a consultant much good if all of those same features can't be accessed via mobile device. We're ALL mobile these days, doncha know.
However, if you split your time between desktop/Mac and mobile, then Freshbooks is well worth a look!

• Reviewed on 10/01/2017
Todd E.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2020

"Great service"

Comments: Very enjoyable, easy to use. Right down to billing and recording payments from my phone.

Pros: I have been working with FreshBooks for a couple of years now and recently tried one of their additional bookkeeping/reconciling services through Bench. I gave it 6 months and realized that I didn't have enough transactions to make the service feasible. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the person who assisted me in closing out that service and moving me back to the original Freshbooks plan. He did an excellent job of understanding my situation and ensuring that they had done everything possible to make things right. Along with the other live support I have used numerous times, the personal interactions with the team at Freshbooks has always been outstanding.

Cons: I'd like to to see some of the reporting functions have more flexibility to show things that are important to me. Things that would allow me to do more budgeting and planning.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2020
Blake B.
Ecommerce Product Manager
Mining & Metals, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2019

"Reasonable competitive software to QuickBooks"

Comments: We have several online businesses that feed into different accounting systems for ease of year end taxes and numbers. Freshbooks was a decent alternative to Quickbooks -- we chose Freshbooks because Quickbooks keeps raising their prices.

Pros: Reports & data download faster due to the FreshBooks server setup. The user interface is not very different from other entry-level accounting software, the data download speeds are much higher.

Cons: Quickbooks customer service is truly superb. Not only do they understand accounting, but also software and tech. We had that service level expectation when we came to Freshbooks, and we were let down.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2019
Wayne H.
Management Consulting, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2019

"Great tool - Capabi.ities get better all the time"

Comments: Great experience, easy to use. Customers like quotes and invoices and I like the ability to create them off my mobile device quickly and easily.

Pros: Ease of use, mobile app, ability to have a ticketing system for customers, ability to have subs long hours in the system, ability to create professional looking quotes and invoices on the fly, integration to credit card and bank accounts to track and attach expenses to jobs.

Cons: Not perfect. May need a supplemental software to handle certain accounting functions, but that need has been decreasing as new features are introduced.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2019
Adam H.
Digital Designer / Front end developer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Invoicing made easy"

Comments: I use it weekly to bill my clients and it only takes me mere minutes to type up my invoice and send to the client.

Pros: I have used Freshbooks for years now and only need it for a select number of clients. But it's interface and app are simple to use for billing. Ease of use is a big factor in using this software

Cons: The limits on the number of clients you can add on a free account. It used to be 5 but this changed to just one a few years ago. This forced me into purchasing a subscription with them.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Freelance
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2020

"Great alternative to Quickbooks."

Comments: Great Canadian product, but the model doesn't work for everyone especially on tight finances or working on the side. Loved the look and feel of all the features. I would recommend it to anyone that could fit in the pricing model over quickbooks.

Pros: Super easy to track expenses and send invoices for freelance work. Good price for the value.

Cons: I believe I switched because of the lack of GST/HST reporting and due to one-off consulting work, its was annoying to try to stay within the "billable client" restrictions. Quickbooks had promo and I switched.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2020
Kaleena F.
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2020

"Easy to Use Invoice Systems"

Comments: Overall it's good. I like the format of the invoice and that you can simply add your services and adjust rates.

Pros: Easy to set up clients and invoices and set respective reminders, late fees, and recurring billing.

Cons: No notification when payment was submitted. I only receive a notification when the payment has been actually posted.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2020
Brad M.
Creative Head
Events Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2020

"Accounting for dummies"

Comments: Overall I cant fault the product and would definitely recommend it to any business owner. The only thing I wish was possible, is to pay in my local currency for budgeting purposes.

Pros: I started using Freshbooks when I was given the opportunity to start a company in the wedding industry. At the time I had no idea what I was doing when it came to bookkeeping but FreshBooks made it easy to manage. What I loved about the software was the journey I followed, from Quotation to final invoice. The ability to send the quote/invoice with a simple click streamlined my business process. I eventually had to hand over when I couldn't handle the load, and because of the intuitive software, it was an simple handover. When I needed a report, i didn't have to wait for it to come from my bookkeeper, I just jumped online and got what I needed quickly and easily. Oh the cherry on the cake was the app. I used to showcase at trade-shows so the app allowed me to draw up an invoice and email the client without leaving the booth, or needing my laptop.

Cons: The price point was a bit of a hard pill to swallow, especially in an economy where the $ is much stronger than my local currency. The fluxuating market made budgeting a nightmare, and when getting a start up off the ground, every cent counts. While I could work around that, the one thing I disliked was the fact that one could go back and edit invoices/quotes post creation. I have since learnt that this is a big no no, but at the time I was non the wiser. I unfortunately lost money due to this, as many cash sales invoices were edited, and the balance pocketed.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2020
Russell F.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2019

"Extraordinary item combined to the friendliest help in financial software"

Comments: The most significant thing with this product is efficient. I adore everything about FreshBooks. It is a great application for specialists and little organizations. I have been utilizing it for as long as couple of years and rate it the best programming in the market. At whatever point I had issues, the help group helped me to determine them rapidly with successful arrangements.

Pros: Probably the main motivations we picked FreshBooks over other programming: *Incredibly smooth and simple to utilize interface *Ability to mark your own in hues just as include your logo *Each client can be doled out their own charging gateway login and you can have various customers under one organization however each have diverse username *Utilizes Braintree instalments (our essential vendor processor)
FreshBooks is quick and dependable suite for accounting.FreshBooks is an honour winning money and bookkeeping programming and a standout amongst the best cloud answers for entrepreneurs. It is the present holder of Finances Online's Best Accounting Software Award for 2016 just as the Supreme Software Award for 2016, and has the most noteworthy consumer loyalty rates of all comparative applications in this classification. As you will discover in this survey, there is a not insignificant rundown of reasons why our specialists considered FreshBooks for these esteemed affirmations.

Cons: *Reporting could be improved *Needs better compromise as far as parities. You can do day by day monetary records, yet I would prefer to have it ascertain how my business is getting along dependent on capital in our present record, at that point factor in what we earned and our costs. *Not useful for organizations that have stock, need stock administration (this I wouldn't really rate as a con nonetheless, on the grounds that Freshbooks was constructed and intended for SERVICE style organizations - for that it works incredible) *Reporting can't be opened in the portable application, you have to get to it through the program *To my insight, you can't maintain different organizations out of one record. We as of now have two organizations and are choosing on the off chance that we are going to open up a different Freshbooks account or if there is another choice that is more qualified for the second business.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2019
Chris S.
Designer
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2018

"Improvements need to keep coming ...."

Comments: I've been a FreshBooks customer for YEARS and I do like them. I've ridden it out through all the changes and just dealt with how interfaces change and prices change. In the past few years there have been a lot more freelancer payment management systems that have come along. I've looked around, but I find myself staying with what is comfortable even though something else may be better. Fear of the unknown I guess, and not wanting to learn a new system while I'm busy working. I just think there could be some improvements made since the last major interface update. It was like a whole OS upgrade and then no new updates for the past few years -- other than pricing tier changes. There is no sense that FreshBooks is looking to improve and listen to their customers about what features they need or would like to see. Just my opinion and view. I could be very wrong. Thanks.

Pros: Over the years, FreshBooks has made efforts to improve its service and update the levels of programs. The latest change they made to the interface has improved some things but other parts have been left behind and I've personally not seen any updates or changes in the past few years. What I like MOST is what they started with years ago -- the ability to remind clients at the 30, 60, 90 day marks to pay their bills. However, the interface to set that feature up changed a few years ago with their major update and it's not as intuitive now.

Cons: I do NOT like the timer starting off before you even choose what project you are working on. This is a SIMPLE FIX. I asked about it years ago and was told that -- yah, basically you launch the timer and then click the pause button while you work out what project you are on -- then start the timer again. Not a good design. I do NOT like setting up a new project and having a ton of task all added to this new project that I have to deselect -- about 20 or so that I have to remove each time -- and then add in the correct task for that project. I do NOT like having to deal with setting default payment settings and reminders for each client I set-up. Can't that just be a universal default setting to turn on? I do NOT like having service tiers change and being told the level I was previously on is changing and this new level will cost more -- and that's what I have to accept now. I'm a independent contractor and I have few clients -- I don't need the next level. But ... whatever.

• Reviewed on 27/12/2018
Erica B.
Content Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"Stellar customer service. Simple interface."

Comments: FreshBooks helps me do the essential tasks of invoices and expenses while also helping me get a big picture view of my business's financial health.

Pros: I started my freelance business nearly 3 years ago, and after initial struggles with Quickbooks (I even had a 2-hour training session with a Quickbooks instructor who just further confused me), I put off dealing with the financial side of my business for over a year (until my CPA was hounding me for tax stuff). Upon the recommendation of another freelancing friend, I decided to give FreshBooks a try. I finally got FreshBooks up and running, and I was amazed at how much it relieved my stress, rather than adding to it. The basic setup is simple and straight-forward, but as my business has grown, I've been impressed with little tricks built into FreshBooks that helps me save time and get a better overall view of my business. Also, I don't think I've ever experienced such consistently helpful and friendly customer service. Any time I call with a question, the person on the phone is empowered to help me out.

Cons: There are even more integrations and advancements that I think FreshBooks could offer to be even better. Here are a few examples: + I'd love to be able to do some kind of forecasting of income based either on draft invoices for project currently in the works, or estimates that have been accepted. + I wish I could set up estimates so clients could accept/reject specific line items so that I could send one estimate with different options, rather than multiple different estimates. + I wish I could apply discounts to specific line items in the invoices rather than the subtotal of the entire invoice so I could discount my services without discounting passed-along expenses I incur. I've shared such feedback and other minor requests with the FreshBooks team, and they've sounded receptive, so I hope updates/upgrades like these will one day be available.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Co-Producer, Writer, Media Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2018

"Free accounting apps never worked for me. Finally bit the bullet and am in major LOVE w Freshbooks."

Pros: This might make me sound superficial but the first thing I loved about Freshbooks was the interface. The icons, the buttons, the way everything looks is so so appealing to me. And it made me want to use the trial version (I did this a little more than 1 year ago). Using it made me feel like I was getting my financial act together. Which it later did, btw. The time tracker is the best... time saver for me. It records time and then adds everything together in a way that nothing else really did. It seems so obvious but nothing I was using before helped track my hours this way. This is the thing that used to drive me round the bend when it came time to invoicing clients. I used to delay invoicing (aka "getting paid") because my own system was terrible..and I could not find a better way until finally deciding that maybe I needed to pay for something to help me. I like the notes section for the time entries. I like how flexible it is to shift recorded time entries around or update the text to better describe what work I actually did. I also love the support from Freshbooks. They're super responsive and extremely helpful. They do not waste my time with a lot of blather I've experienced in so many other customer service situations (like repeating back to me the question I just proferred). They include screenshots and precise language to answer my questions. Also: Expenses in FB. I now go out of my way to add in expenses as they come w/o avoiding them.

Cons: I recommended Freshbooks to a friend of mine who started using it right away. Then he had trouble with a really difficult client he'd billed using Freshbooks. This client (I subcontracted with the friend so am aware of what all happened) contested all of my friend's work and refused payment after paying the Freshbooks invoice. And Freshbooks allowed the chargeback to happen. I think other software does not allow this --- for example, my friend now uses Quickbooks as a result. I have also experienced some quirks when it came to adding new jobs to repeat clients. This is likely my own error but it's not something I've cared to reach out to the support team to question. I also have not downloaded a year's incoming and outgoing details to give to an accountant. So I don't know how well that all works. Again, my own thing, and not necessarily on them.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2018
Randall B.
IT Support Specialist
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2018

"FreshBooks provides small businesses with some of the best invoicing and billing features available."

Comments: Billing and invoicing were made much easier using this software.

Pros: FreshBooks gives small businesses a well-designed and intuitive user interface that can easily be used for a variety of different functions, most notably billing, and invoicing. Users are given a wide array of attractive template designs to choose from when creating invoices, allowing for catchy, yet professional looking documents. FreshBooks also provides users with tools for team collaboration, estimates, and projects, all of which can be easily navigated and set up to increase your small businesses' ability to maximize communication, send automatic reminders, submit proposals, and secure jobs with relative ease. As an accounting package, FreshBooks also provides users with the ability to perform some fundamental bookkeeping and accounting functions, has some bank reconciliation functions, enables you to accept online credit card payments, and provides many of these features via their full-featured mobile application. Last but not least, FreshBooks provides excellent customer service from the start. A detailed and easily followed tutorial will help new users get started, while their well-trained staff is always ready to provide users with answers to any questions or issues they may encounter. FreshBooks is very proud of their customer service and their customer satisfaction rating, and it really shows when you speak with one of their representatives.

Cons: One limitation in FreshBooks as an accounting package is the fact that they utilize single-entry accounting. While this may not be an obvious flaw to a new small business owner, it will become apparent as more accounts are created, employees are hired, and payment options are implemented. Single-entry accounting is quick and simple, but it certainly leaves something to be desired. Over the years some application updates have diminished or completely removed some useful features, like service and customer records, and inventory tracking, all of which were very convenient and helpful features.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2018
Richard I.
Chief Door Stop
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2018

"Great product paired to the friendliest support in financial software."

Comments: The biggest benefit we receive is how easy it is to send invoices and get paid online. Freshbooks makes this a lot easier than some of the other solutions we've tried over the years.

Pros: Freshbooks is a simple and straight-forward accounting solution. It's delivered with relatively small amount of standard accounting categories so you're not overwhelmed placing expenses into their proper buckets and adding new categories is quite easy. Our business doesn't have a ton of complex expenses - and if yours does, Freshbooks might not be a good fit. What we love about Freshbooks is how straight-forward their invoicing system has been. It's easy to create recurring invoicing and it integrates with popular credit card processors to facilitate easy online payments. Perhaps the attribute that has kept us with Freshbooks through the years is their customer service - it's amazing. Customer service has always been super friendly, easy to understand, and they always seen eager to help. This interest and willingness to be helpful goes a long way.

Cons: The only con we've experienced with Freshbooks is their limited subscription levels. We've exceed their standard top level package but we're not quite big enough to financially justify a custom/enterprise package. It seems Freshbooks is ideal for customers with a lot of recurring transactions - which, we have more individual transactions than recurring so this is part of our problem. Regardless, Freshbooks staff has always been quite helpful in offering up solutions to help us make the most of our subscription limits (500 active clients).

• Reviewed on 18/05/2018
Gaurav C.
Senior Business Analyst
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2018

"FreshBooks is a reliable and fast accounting suite for complex financial management"

Comments: A complete makeover FreshBooks developers understand the struggle of small teams to handle complex accounting projects and deliver efficient results. Just as easy as you know it to be Back in the days, a team of developers decided to design an easy, intuitive, and non-accountant friendly finance management app, and promised their users that this approach will never change. Mobile-friendly and accessible FreshBooks is considerably good at following trends, and the best proof of it are the mobile platform add-ons for iOS and Android devices, allowing you to access data and do accounting regardless of your location. Saves billing time like no other app FreshBooks redesigned its time tracking for billing purposes by allowing companies to accept payment online, and to do so via various payment gateways. Excellent invoice to payment features FreshBooks offers top rate invoice to payment features that can be used by all small businesses. For instance, you can track exactly when your customer opened your invoice email. Tracking expenses with handy snaps This feature comes handy if you need to liquidate expenses after a client meeting: you simply click a picture of the receipt and attach the snap to an item in FreshBooks to log the expense. racking working times even better than before The new version of the app allows you to becertain of the accuracy of your charges, and lets you have proof if a client decides to dispute them. You can even use the iOS and Android apps to track your working time in the field. Plus, it is easy to convert your work timesheet into an invoice and send it to clients for payments. A bright future As good as the new FreshBooks version may look now, it has only begun to develop. The company promises many advanced features in the near future, including bank accounts reconciliation, non-invoice income recording, and billing adjusted to enterprise-grade users. The innovative spirit is planned to spread on to reporting as well, and transform the scope of available integrations to help companies get paid for their efforts, time, and expertise. At the same time, FreshBooks Classic (as the old version is currently known) will remain active, but will constantly be absorbed within the new one's comprehensive productive suite.

Pros: businesses get to manage invoices and recurring subscriptions in less than no time, and collect online payments within the same system. In fact, FreshBooks enables Google Checkout, PayPal, and credit card payments, and integrates with a long list of business systems and applications that can streamline this process. With it, odds are good that you will unite financial control in a single system, and stop paying for the maintenance of complex software infrastructure. A considerable advantage of FreshBooks compared to other accounting apps is the availability of fully-functional mobile apps and add-ons you can get for Android and iOS devices. The apps allow you to bring the power and convenience of the software on location, and do accounting and access records whenever you wish to do so. As you can see, FreshBooks literally takes finances out of the office, but does so in a safe and seamless fashion.

Cons: Despite a wide range of excellent features users have pointed out a few minor things that can be improved in FreshBooks: its metrics, goal setting, and reporting features can be better. One user also found bugs in FreshBooks email click-throughs and automated expenses which did not function to his liking. Apart from these insignificant glitches, hoever, there is no doubt that FreshBooks is a top notch accounting product that can bring a lot to your accounting deparatament.

• Reviewed on 12/01/2018
Alexandra R.
Chief Executive Officer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2015

"Freshbooks is the perfect solutions for service based businesses"

Comments: We've used Freshbooks for quite sometime now in our business. When searching for billing software, I needed something smoothe, mobile and also that allowed for customer portals that could be branded to our company. This was a big deal for us, so we absolutely wanted to make sure it was a feature in whatever software it was and Freshbooks did just that. Freshbooks is super easy to use and handles everything from the customer accounts, to the invoicing to recurring charges and credits. At the end of the year, all the clients get a statement of their services they have paid for, and they never have to contact us about anything. They can review their bills at any time, and also accept estimates that are put together. It also is fabulous for integrations, and we currently use Google Apps, Gusto HQ and a few others to make it that much more effective.

Pros: Some of the biggest reasons we chose Freshbooks over other software: *Incredibly smooth and easy to use interface
*Ability to brand your own in colors as well as add your logo
*Each customer can be assigned their own billing portal login and you can have multiple clients under one company but each have different username
*Utilizes Braintree payments (our primary merchant processor)
*Integrates with Google Apps and Gusto HQ
*Flat rate for up to 5 users, we currently use the Might Oak Plan
*Team tracking and hour logging for projects (huge deal since we work with contractors and they also have a free contractor add on option)
*Mobile App is killer - I pop off invoices like it's nobody's business :)

Cons: *Reporting could be improved
*Needs better reconciliation in terms of balances. You can do daily balance sheets, but I would rather have it calculate how my business is doing based on capital in our current account, then factor in what we earned and our expenses.
*Not good for businesses that have inventory, need inventory management (this I wouldn't necessarily rate as a con however, because Freshbooks was built and designed for SERVICE style businesses - for that it works great)
*Reporting can't be opened in the mobile app, you need to access it via the browser
*To my knowledge, you can't run multiple businesses out of one account. We currently have two businesses and are deciding if we are going to open up a separate Freshbooks account or if there is another option that's better suited for the second business.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2015
Melissa B.
Principal
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2018

"Super easy to use; I would love a few additions"

Comments: Compared with the prior bookkeeping system I used, I've saved a lot of time with FreshBooks, in training (as noted above) and in actual entries. I can generate CSV/Excel sheets that allow me to do some customized reporting. My clients like the easy online payment process for credit card.

Pros: A professional colleagues introduced me to FreshBooks about 4 years ago. Since then I've had four different part-time assistants (they leave for full-time work!) and each has mastered FBs in a few days, not weeks as was the case with a competing product that I used previously. It is very comprehensive and also customizable for tasks, clients, projects, and expense categories. It interfaces cleanly with a payment system, so that my clients who prefer to pay by credit card can do so with no hassles. I also like the APIs that pull expense info from my bank account transactions and business credit card charges.

Cons: I am based in the US, so there are a few things I would like to help complete our tax returns more easily: 1) a way to track the actual miles driven on the expense side. I do it now in a note but it is cumbersome. 2) a way to track expenses associated with a project but not billable to that project. I do it now by setting up two project titles, but I can only link those manually (actually, offline completely). An example would be some of my assistant's time that I can't bill the client for but that I would like to track so I can better estimate future project expenses, because it fits into "cost of goods sold" (when the "good" is our service).

• Reviewed on 19/12/2018
Jon M.
Founder/President
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2016

"A SaaS using Freshbooks API"

Comments: Prior to integrating with Freshbooks (FB), we evaluated a handful other vendors to use for our billing/invoicing integration (bookkeeping wasn't a concern at the time) and found that the other guys simply didn't handle subscription billing, taxes, and/or automated billing like we needed. During the integration about a year ago, I was blown away with FB's customer service. How many companies these days have a human answering the phone within one or two rings? That's right - no auto attendant, no leaving voicemail necessary. These guys make customer service a priority, hands down - and it's some of the best I've ever seen. Here's an example: a few weeks ago when a DoS attack brought down DNS for much of the internet, FB was affected. I hadn't seen the news, so I called FB to report the problem. During this giant outage where I know they had to be receiving an enormous volume of calls, a live FB operator answered the phone within one or two rings and explained the DNS issue. Logistically I don't know how they pulled that off, but I was impressed. So nothing's perfect, right? Here's the bad - and the reason for only 4 starts on the features/functionality. While we weren't initially looking for a bookeeping package initially, we ended up using FB for this, too. While it's easy to use and does a great job overall, it is missing a key component - the ability to reconcile with the bank. So the task of generating balance sheets & account reconciliation has to occur outside of FB. If you're a big business, this would likely be a deal breaker. I've read there's an update in the works that adds this functionality, and I'm really looking forward to it - but as of the time this is written, it's not been made available to me. All in all, this is a great accounting package - super easy to set up & use, amazing API functionality, outstanding customer service, with one potential hiccup for some clients which hopefully will soon be resolved.

Pros: API, customer service, recurring billing & autopay functionality

Cons: No bank reconcilation

• Reviewed on 18/11/2016
Mirko P.
Representacion Nacional
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2018

"Who need an assistant using FreshBooks?"

Comments: FreshBooks become an option later I test the 7 trail offer, all aspects on the software are very useful and really allow me to understand that my old control need a new view and use more powerful options to become more professional for my clients, FreshBooks give the tools and base to integrate that new professional look to my company, the best part of all, it’s that I don’t need to have more helping people to manage all this options, I can control everything on a single click and have a clear point of view of my company situation on real-time, that worth every penny invest on the subscription, and of course it’s more cheap that have an assistant.

Pros: FreshBooks it’s the best software to control all the billing aspects on any company, fully customization task, automatic invoices and easy to follow payments, also the reports become a dream to work with it, the pro and subscription options worth every penny, don’t forget that all your data is on the cloud so can be easy access from any place in the world, the mobile app become useful on travels.

Cons: Even if freshbooks allow us to register all our work and make a very professional invoice, the payment option not can be easy integrated, some banks accounts don’t accept JON export or have web integration options, also if the client made a payment using other methods, all the information need to be added by hand and take time.
The app for mobile are very low on features, could be a great option to bring more features or more access to all that freshbooks allow, for views it’s ok, but for work, need a lot improvements.

• Reviewed on 27/09/2018
Technology Consultant
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 4/12/2019

"Freshbooks just keeps improving. "

Comments: I've grown, Freshbooks has grown; we've grown together over the years. Really no complaints - and a support team that other companies should model themselves after!

Pros: Ease of use, especially since the redesign, integrations with PayPal, etc. does save some time, integrated time tracker (although I still primarily use Toggl), makes book keeping - dare I say - fun? (Ok, as fun as it can be!). Great support - I've had timely replies every day of the week and after hours. Impressive!

Cons: I've had some integration issue (transactions not coming in, duplicates, etc.) but Support has always been helpful. They've offered to manually import transactions for me on more than one occasion. I'm on a paid tier but I'd have to pay more for some of the features I wouldn't mind trying out. Not in love with the subscription model, especially when many of the new features require higher tiers. Doesn't really make sense to be hooked up to an eCommerce platform given their tier limitations.

• Reviewed on 4/12/2019
Yogendra kumar S.
Network Support Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/11/2017

"Freshbook is a world best finacial and accounting software with highest customer satisfaction."

Comments: The most important thing with this software is time saving.I love everything about FreshBooks. It is an excellent app for freelancers and small companies. I have been using it for the past few years and rate it the best software in the market. Whenever I had issues, the support team helped me to resolve them quickly with effective solutions. Many reason to love Freshbooks software- COST EFFICENCY, EASE OF USE, CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Pros: Freshbook is fast and reliable suite for accounting.It's award wining software at many accasion.FreshBooks is an award-winning finance & accounting software and one of the best cloud solutions for small business owners. It is the current holder of FinancesOnline's Best Accounting Software Award for 2016 as well as the Supreme Software Award for 2016, and has the highest customer satisfaction rates of all similar apps in this category. As you will find out in this review, there is a long list of reasons why our experts considered FreshBooks for these prestigious acknowledgments. We can enables all these products Google Checkout, PayPal, and credit card payments in Freshbooks and integrates with a long list of business systems and applications that can streamline this process. With it, odds are good that you will unite financial control in a single system, and stop paying for the maintenance of complex software infrastructure. Freshbooks have these functions Excellent invoice to payment features, Saves billing time like no other app, Mobile-friendly and accessible, Tracking expenses with handy snaps.

Cons: Most of things are too good but some drawbacks like not store credit card infomation. Customer interface is excellent and ability to not store credit card information locally is key to PCI compliance. We love the recurring profile concept for recurring billing and find the web portal very intuitive. We also appreciate the branding we can do for our clients so they feel this billing platform is an extension of our service and that they are in the right place. This also gives our customers the peace of mind of knowing their transactions and billing information is secure.

• Reviewed on 8/11/2017
Rene B.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2019

"My honest opinion about FreshBooks"

Comments: Using FreshBooks is quick and easy. I can walk out a customer's door, sit just about anywhere, access my FreshBooks and prepare a proposal/estimate or invoice right on the spot.
Simple reminders keep me on the ball with overdue accounts, and each account can easily be set up to remind those customers who need a little nudge.
Payments can be set in multiple ways and allows us to get paid much faster than waiting for the check "that's in the mail".
Overall great product in my honest opinion.

Pros: This program is easy to set up, use and should you have any questions at all, the FreshBooks Rock Stars are always ready to get you back on track, fast!
They have great how-to videos and send you good tips via email, making it easy to run your small/medium sized business, the way you want. There are way too many great features to list here, but with a free trial period to test it out, you can make an informed decision and see if this program is right for you with no upfront commitment.
Something else I found amazing is the fact they actually listen. If you have recommendations on how to improve the product, they will listen, take it to the development team for further review, oh, and they do get back to you, sometimes takes a bit of time, but they always do. So nice not to be forgotten :)
I highly recommend this program.

Cons: Only problem I've had is getting it work and sync with my Ipad, but I'm sure the FreshBooks team is all over it.

• Reviewed on 15/06/2019