15 years helping New Zealand businesses

About GanttPRO

Online Gantt chart software for project management that allows teams to visualize project plans and manage tasks.

Learn more about GanttPRO

Pros:

I really enjoy the project management UI design. The visually clear and easy-to-use features in defining projects and collaborations are very helpful.

Cons:

Kanban view has limited column options. It needs to be customizable.

GanttPRO ratings

4.8
4.8
4.7
4.7

9.2/10

GanttPRO has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 482 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used GanttPRO before?

Andree
Andree
MASTER'S STUDENT in Canada
Biotechnology, Self Employed

GanttPro is a necessity even for students!

Comments: I'm really looking forward to prolonging my trial into a subscription for at least the rest of my Master's studies, but I foresee I won't be able to live without this software afterwards!

Pros:

The ease of moving your projects along the timeline to accommodate changes in priorities as time passes is the MOST invaluable feature in my opinion. Juggling much courses, being able to have an overview of all classes, coursework, and when to start which project is the most invaluable part of any Gantt chart application. Gantt Pro has the most flexible and user friendly interface I've found.

Cons:

There are a few annoying "bugs" where if you don't click exactly at the right spot to rename a task, it opens the task's information pane, more of an annoyance than a true issue. Having it only available online is a bit of a worry. Without internet access, you can't access your timeline!

Maddie
Maddie
Game Developer in US
Computer Games, 1,001–5,000 Employees

GanttPro improved my project management

Comments: When it comes to managing several projects and spreadsheets, GanttPRO has been invaluable to me as a knowledgeable and professional-based platform.

Pros:

GanttPro's intuitive design is one of its most notable qualities. Even though I don't come from a project management background, I had no trouble learning how to utilize it. Using the simple drag-and-drop interface, you can quickly and easily create a Gantt chart, timeline, and task dependencies.

Cons:

While the UI is simple and straightforward to use, it does not allow for any personalization. It's hard to work with and lacks fluidity in terms of page layout and design.

Alex
Co-Director in UK
Performing Arts, 2–10 Employees

New User Review

5.0 last month New

Pros:

As a small scale arts charity we manage a large number of projects, with a relatively small core team of employees. GanttPRO has been a really easy and instantly useful platform to help us deliver in our day to day. The support from customer services has been really strong and the training resources provided have been easy to access and very helpful. It's a massive plus to be able to visualise our activity in such a simple and accessible form and we've found the level of customisation fits our needs really well. We're really looking forward to becoming regulars with the platform and embracing the impact the programme can have on our output.

Cons:

We're newcomers to the software, so we still have a lot to learn about what it can and can't do for us, but for now we don't really have any set cons, it's been easy, clear and helpful.

Sarfaraz
Sarfaraz
SEO Manager in India
E-Learning, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Simplify Your Workflows and Drive Results

Comments: Overall, using GanttPRO can be a positive experience for businesses looking to simplify their project management processes. The platform's intuitive and user-friendly interface, improved collaboration and communication features, and customizable templates can help teams save time and achieve better results. However, like any technology solution, GanttPRO may have a learning curve for some users and may not be suitable for businesses with complex or specialized project management needs. Before investing in GanttPRO, it's important to thoroughly evaluate the benefits and drawbacks to ensure that it meets your specific requirements and expectations.

Pros:

GanttPRO offers several benefits to businesses looking to simplify their project management processes. Some of the key advantages of using GanttPRO include:Intuitive and user-friendly interfaceImproved collaboration and communication between team membersCustomizable project templates and real-time reportingIntegration with popular tools such as Google Drive, Trello, and SlackAdvanced Gantt chart capabilities for comprehensive project planning and management.By streamlining workflows and improving collaboration and communication, GanttPRO helps teams achieve better results in less time. Whether you're looking to manage small projects or large-scale initiatives, GanttPRO is a versatile and powerful solution that can help you meet your goals.

Cons:

One potential drawback is that it may have a learning curve for users unfamiliar with project management tools. Additionally, the platform's features and capabilities may be limited for businesses with highly complex or specialized project management needs. Finally, some users may find the cost of GanttPRO to be a concern, especially for smaller or cost-conscious organizations. Before making a decision on whether GanttPRO is the right solution for your business, it's important to thoroughly evaluate the benefits and drawbacks to ensure that it meets your specific needs and requirements.

Juan Pablo
Onboarding Specialist in UK
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

GanttPRO It's fine (cost vs benefit)

Comments: Good experience based on what you pay. Still awaiting some further comments on the Jira integration once I'm able to use it. I was not able to perform the connection as the integration did not go through.

Pros:

Easy Robust for Gantt charts Good baseline and critical path features

Cons:

Not a robust project portfolio view / feature Jira integration does not work (at least for me) and their team did not solve it or help to solve it

Juan Carlos
Project Manager in Colombia
Computer Software, Self Employed

Using GanttPRO as a student

Comments: My experience has been very satisfactory, since I have been able to find everything I have needed in this application and much more, I am learning to use it and to follow up my project and it has been very useful so far.

Pros:

There are many that I have liked from what I have been using GanttPRO, but to highlight I have the ease of use, here I can organize my tasks easily, have a fairly easy follow-up, I can export to an excel that is even better and I can have it all very close to the palm of my hand, Besides this I also love the way it presents the tasks in the gantt chart that although many people think that any application does it in my case I did not have good luck with any application as I am having with this one, super recommended and I hope to continue from here on until I graduate to continue using it.

Cons:

So far I haven't found anything I don't like since I have found everything I needed, as I am just learning how to manage projects and the good use of an application to keep track. I can say that of all the applications I have used this is the best without a doubt.

Joseph
Software engineer in Canada
Computer Software, Self Employed

I use GanttPro and it was what I wanted!

Comments: I love it, I keep using it, and I may use it more often.

Pros:

I started using GanttPro as recommended for a project. I am used to MS project, but I decided to give GanttPro a try. I had around 14 days of free trial and in less than a day I was operational on it. It offers some templates by industries, you just choose one and start from there! It was easy to use and as an online platform you can easily add people with a well define Access Control. You can add your time to specific task or start timing it which is useful to get a meaningful perspective of the time dedicated to a task. You can define the week schedule globally or by users. There are some predefined sets of relationships between tasks or user stories. They also have options to export your plan in different format such as Excel, PNG, etc. So I really loved it and I will keep using it for my projects and I recommend people to give it a try.

Cons:

The visual of the Gantt diagram is pretty tricky as it shares the same view with the Milestones-Tasks. They should offer the option to visualize it alone in a separate window.

Real Estate, Self Employed

What I've been looking for

Comments: I was looking for an alternative to MS Project and happy to have discovered GanttPRO. It is simple enough but has the flexibility for more complex tasks and reporting if needed.

Pros:

I like the tutorials and help widgets that help me navigate and better understand the software. I have limited background developing Gantt charts and the quick how-to information was super helpful.

Cons:

I don't have any cons at this point. If I experience any, I'll update the review.

Gustavo
Senior Project Manager in Spain
Research, 1,001–5,000 Employees

GanttPRO has been a game-changer for us

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Wrapping up, GanttPRO has been a standout tool for us. It's streamlined our process, given us killer forecasting abilities, and is just overall easy to use. We're pretty excited about where it's headed and totally recommend it to anyone looking to get their project management on point.

Pros:

Especially since we're juggling so many projects with not enough hands on deck. Its design is user-friendly, and it's packed with features that have really kicked our project management skills up a notch. We're talking about keeping things organized and nailing our goals and predictions. What's really cool about GanttPRO is how easy it is to use. It makes the whole scheduling and tracking gig a breeze, so we can spend more time doing great work instead of getting tangled up in complicated software. Seeing our project timelines, what depends on what, and how everything's moving along in real-time is a big win. It gives us a clear picture of where we're at and helps us make smart moves ahead of time.

Cons:

Possibilities to improve the fine tuning of task and other options that could improve adaptability to users' needs.

Pete
Manager of Capital Projects in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

GanttPro Review - ART Capital Projects

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: very positive thus far, looking forward to using it

Pros:

Ease of use, visualization, and content generation. IT and price is good too.

Cons:

if you make a mistake with dependencies, you have to re-do all the information.

Maria J.
Project Manager in Spain
Textiles, 2–10 Employees

Really useful product which makes my work much easier

Pros:

It just keep it simple. Even if you are not super technological, it will be so intuitive to work with. I really recommend to people who need to be organized. At my work this is critical than I was looking for some tool like this one.

Cons:

I would like to find a short video explaining how to deal with the bars for the time. But you can book a demo, so it is fixed.

3 years ago

Maria, hi! We are glad to see such a profound feedback. If you have questions, you can always contact us at [email protected] or in the live chat on the site. Have a good day!

Rodrigo
Analista de desarrollo (Estudiante) in Bolivia
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent tool for the organization of tasks and equipment

Comments: I have been jumping from tool to tool (as mentioned above) that allows me to organize the tasks of my equipment but when I find this tool that allows me to better manage my work team, I experience a simple management and a great help for organize my tasks and those of my team. It allows me to observe only the GANTT diagram for the presentations to my bosses about the projects, it allows me to export to excel so that my Project Management can register all my schedule and evaluate the times. Finally this tool allowed me to be more agile and organized without being configuring or writing rules for my tasks.

Pros:

I have been searching and testing several tools that allow me to organize tasks and resources, among them: Trello, Instagantt, Project Libre... But this system allows you to organize tasks in an intuitive way, without complex configurations, drag and drop tasks, work collaboratively with several people without us being in the same place, a collaborative tool, I can also export my diagram to image and excel, this helps me a lot to make my presentations of projects, also its high parameterization of elements: days holidays, work hours, work days and also allows me to observe how I am giving the workload to my team, allowing me to be equitable when the work is concerned... In short, I just started using this tool and I saw something of all its potential that it has and simply fascinates me, I'm a systems engineer and I usually work with development teams and projects that need to plan icarse. I can really recommend this tool because of its simplicity and its potential.

Cons:

Its test time, it seems to me that it is something short to use and know all its potential, and even more so for those who start to see this type of tools. Maybe if you could say is that you have a wiki for each project, although the comments and details of each task and project are useful, you have to review each element to find observations to tasks or knowledge that can contribute to the development of tasks.

4 years ago

Rodrigo, thank you for such a profound review. As for the trial period, we can consider your application individually. For this or any question you have about using the app, feel free to contact us in the live chat on the site or email at [email protected].

Lucia
Trainee in Brazil
Utilities, 51–200 Employees

Gantt PRO

Comments: The Gantt PRO App has completely transformed the way I manage projects. Its sleek design, user-friendly interface, and powerful features make it an essential tool in my professional toolkit. Creating stunning Gantt charts has never been easier thanks to the app's intuitive drag-and-drop functionality. It seamlessly integrates with popular project management tools, ensuring real-time synchronization and promoting collaboration. Customization options allow me to personalize the charts to my liking, and exporting them in various formats is a breeze. With comprehensive project management features like task assignment and progress tracking, the app keeps me organized and on track. The outstanding customer support provided by the team is the cherry on top. In summary, the Gantt PRO App is a game-changer for efficient project management!

Ahmad
Project Engineer in Jordan
Construction, 501–1,000 Employees

The finest platforms for using the gantt chart template to work schedule and allocate tasks

Comments: So I could better explain their projects and tell them of developments, he helped me illustrate the work programs for different clients in a bar chart manner. And all of this utilizes basic technology offered by GanttPRO for a modest fee via a website, without the need for complicated processes and programs that are difficult to master and explain to clients. It will also help me clarify the work plans for their projects and tell them of updates.

Pros:

I admire the ability of GanttPRO to distribute responsibilities precisely and clearly to our team members, which is a great method to handle projects. The Gantt chart template offers everyone more attention and makes them eager to complete the activity on time. I particularly like GanttPRO's ready-made templates that allow me and the team to quickly develop their plans. In addition, I enjoy how updates are done on the baseline work schedule and the exact results that can be retrieved from those updates that let you know which activities are progressing according to plan and which are overdue.

Cons:

It's easy to use, has a nice user interface, and once logged in, you can work directly, save and share modifications with peers. This will allow you to start a new project and share it with the team, as well as update existing ones.

Sebastián
Student in Colombia
Education Management, 5,001–10,000 Employees

From chaos to order: The power of GanttPro on project managing

Comments: Definitely, planning, tracking, and overall project management have become easier, more efficient, and better since I started using GanttPro. As I mentioned before, it has helped me design and keep track of project timelines, activities, and their status. It has also facilitated team communication since everyone knows their responsibilities, for example.

Pros:

My job as a project manager for a psychotherapists' company has led me to discover new tools to manage the projects I've been working on. That's how I found GanttPro, and I can honestly say it's a lifesaver. I believe that, with the current surge of technological advancements, especially in app development, there have to be better, easier ways to do the work, and this tool definitely does that. I used to spend countless hours working on Excel sheets, doing something that GanttPro helps me accomplish faster, cleaner, and overall better. It has significantly improved my planning and monitoring capabilities. It's visually attractive and comprehensive, and it has even allowed me to collaborate with my team. Without a doubt, I would recommend it if you are looking for a reliable solution for project management.

Cons:

I believe GanttPro is quite good. Fortunately, I haven't encountered many problems along the way. Perhaps the most difficult part was inviting my team to leave their old ways behind and try it, especially since there are some old-schoolers among them. However, the interactive and user-friendly platform allowed them to become proficient without much trouble.

Meghan
Senior Research Assistant in Canada
Research, 2–10 Employees

Excellent for project management in research laboratories

Comments: We're using GanttPro to streamline our research projects from experimental planning and budgeting to results sharing and manuscript writing. Because lab meetings are more mostly online these days we found ourselves needing an online platform to better organize and share plans, progress, and timelines between lab members, and GanttPro does this perfectly for us. It's also been useful in tracking our activity as a lab, we're learning from our timelines how to more efficiently organize our projects and people. It makes our lab meetings shorter and more productive.

Pros:

We use GanttPRO in our research lab and found that organizing our experimental projects into tasks and subtasks with corresponding timelines makes reporting and sharing progress at lab meetings more efficient. Additionally, the ability to attach reports or files within each task makes it easy to share and discuss data at meetings. We use it to catalogue events such as acquisition of new samples. Our lab is benefitting from being able to map out experiments using the timeline, and the dependency features make it easy to adjust plans and see where the bottlenecks could be. Being able to integrate our projects into one space and track them in real time has also been a great help in understanding how the workload and expenses are distributed in our lab.

Cons:

The scroller bars for moving the window view in the new updated version are just slightly too skinny for my taste, it's taking some getting used to.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 51–200 Employees

GanttPro is Amazing

Pros:

There are a few key features that I was surprised to see in the price range of GanttPro. 1) The ability to link task and having it automatically change with any effect to previous task, 2) Having the ability to do a compare and contrast of the agreed timeline to the reality, 3) The reporting feature for being able to see the time spent on all the projects, and 4) The live timeline web link that can be shared and even displayed on a screen for the company to see.

Cons:

The export feature is very limiting but I did love that there was a live web link that can show the progress on and any given project.

3 years ago

Hi, thank you for the nice feedback!

Turki
CEO in Netherlands
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

For visualization and demonstration projects this is the best solution.

Comments: Visualization and demonstration projects are too important for team and even high management to understand and communicate effectively. In this case, this is the best solution for you.

Pros:

- Very good for small and mid-size projects.- Easy to start and create tasks and projects.- Effective in communications between team members and coordination between projects.- Wonderful in representing the project as a visual chart (Gantt) with clear information.- Managing team and assigning them to tasks then tracking the progress are so easy in a clear way.- The main advantage in my opinion that Ganttpro solve the problem that happens with most software in creating comprehensive gantt chart contains enough information in a clear way.

Cons:

- Free plan is not available.- The mobile application has limited functions, so, you have to use web most of the time.

ALP
Civil Engineer in Türkiye
Construction, 201–500 Employees

Gannt Pro for Constructions

Pros:

I use GantPRO in two diffrent phases of the projects that I involve. First phase is proposal which makes client compel to think that I am well aware of the project in terms of time, steps and possible clashes. I choose GanttPRO because its way more visual, easy to operate on and simple to understand. Second phase that I use the softwere is during the construction processs. I print out my plan and I also get to update the chart on my computer from any device that I am in reach of. At the end of every project I also like to back and evaluate how accurate I was on the milestones and schedules that I made on GantPRO so that I can reflect my gathering to the future projects.

Cons:

It would be very helpfull to get more languages in the software so that every person involved on the project could easly understand

3 years ago

Thanks for your warm feedback! We are glad that you are satisfied with our application.

Didier
Student in Netherlands
Aviation & Aerospace, 2–10 Employees

The modern version of Microsoft Project

Pros:

GanttPRO is the only software that allows to import .mpp files straight into the new software. I started a project in Microsoft Project 2016 but soon realised that it was not the best option for Project Management due to its outdated looks and functions. However, unfortunately I already made a whole Gantt chart in MS Project and did not want to start all over again. That is where GanttPRO came to the rescue. It allowed me to import the entire Gantt chart into the much better-looking and easy-to-use software called GanttPRO without losing any formatting of the Gantt chart. Switching to GanttPRO was an amazing decision since its interfaces are much more user-friendly and the project is just visualized much better overall.

Cons:

At the beginning it was a bit hard to find all the functions within the software and to figure out how everything works. A quick tutorial at the beginning would have been perfect to get me going.

Juan
Director in Mexico
Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

Team Based Scheduling

Comments: I find it is a good software, it has helped me sell my work since Clients appreciate Time Control, specially on Projects that take months. Team members are happy, everyone knows "where" we are and "what" needs to be done since it is cloud based and some Team members are in different offices and cities.

Pros:

I use it for schedulling architectural design projects, and find it has good features besides the obvious and basics: you can use WBS, Lag Time, Personal Calendars, custom color the Task Bars, which give you better control and feel of your schedule, and use Filters to "see" what you want to focus on. Also has a Critical Path!

Cons:

The Task Bar Time span is only produced according to the Project Calendar. I have staff with different work days and hours (per day) - Personal Calendars - so I expected the software to produce different Time Spans based on Personal Calendars but it does not. You have to punch in the "Effort Hours" (real hours to do the Task), use your calculator and punch in "Duration Hours", based on what the actual Person works per day and week. Then if you reassign the Task to someone with a different Personal Calendar, punch in Duration again :(

4 years ago

Juan, thank you very much for the review. Automatic change of a task duration depending on available hours of resources is one of the top requests for today. In a few months it will be possible. Stay tuned!

Denis
Students in Spain
Business Supplies & Equipment, Self Employed

Review GanttPro

Comments: I have been using GanttPRO for the past few months to manage my team's projects and I have been extremely impressed with its functionality. The user interface is user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it simple to create and edit Gantt charts and timelines. The collaboration feature is a game-changer, it allows my team members to work on the same project in real-time without any confusion. The resource allocation feature has also been very helpful in keeping track of the workload of each team member. I also appreciate the integration with other project management tools, which makes it very convenient to use. Overall, I highly recommend GanttPRO for anyone looking for a comprehensive project management tool.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to use it and the overall design

Cons:

I like everything so far. There is nothing I dislike specifically.

Grzegorz
Grzegorz
Managing Director in Poland
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Very good software

Comments: Looking for effective project management tools, I can recommend with a clear conscience, GantPro as one of the most interesting solutions - online work (including multi-platform nature), document sharing, quick and reliable support. For me it is definitely one of the basic work tools now.

Pros:

Comfortable and in most cases intuitive software. On the plus side, you should include the option of shared work. Well supports the management of many projects at the same time. In addition, the developers provide effective and quick technical support in the form of a chat, which allows you to get the answer to the question associated with the program without leaving the job.

Cons:

Unfortunately, like all software running in the browser, there are also sporadic problems with the performance or the refresh rate of charts, especially for more complex projects. Fortunately, each project will have its own history, so in case of problems (or too fast clicking, before the program calculates e.g. dates in several dozen related tasks), you can go back to a specific point in the history and edit project again.

4 years ago

Grzegorz, thank you for choosing us. Indeed, GanttPRO has a great history of changes, so you can return to any point in the project, cancel or edit it.

Régulo César
Project Control in Spain
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

Easy to make it a sidekick Companion

Pros:

The GanttPro software package include significant and useful tools. It features a refined UI for improved user experience, advanced Gantt chart tools, and a very better resource management: for those Professional planners, there will not be Problem in adapting to it and straightforward use. I have read even when not try so for that GanttPro include also enhanced collaboration facilities through real-time commenting and third-party tool integration. Also a feature that calls to my attention was the possibility to use a mobile app which I understand, has been optimized, security bolstered, and performance fine-tuned. The software includes a time tracking integrante which is one of the most valuable feature for my working as “autónomo”: without the requirement of extra software, you can keep updated and truely online all the foro in and of your projects making it easier to prepare invoice and demostrase them when becomes required. GanttPro provides an intuitive, efficient, and collaborative project management solution.

Cons:

Until now, nothing. I am just beginning the use. I should use the mobile app, check the integration, also the collaborative using for spread it out with colleagues.

Jeonghoon
Student in South Korea
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

Gantt Pro Review

Comments: There is no lagging, and the system is very reliable that it never crashed. Also I liked the function where I could make new fields easily. In that sense, I can easily comment and follow my ongoing tasks. I am very positive that any one who tries this software during trial period will turn into a fan of GanttPRO during one's term. I am looking forward to manage my project with this tool during the semester. It also has an application in my mobile. It is very accessible and easy to edit at few touches. When I graudate, I will highly recommed at my work's place.

Pros:

It is visually appealing, which I consider the most when selecting the software for project management at class. It not only displays charts beautifully, but also displays in easy and systematic manner. I was quite impressed after using/trying several other gant chart software, how intuitive it was. Also, the comment functions are exceptional that I can save any files in regard to the column I made.

Cons:

There are actually only limited elements I disliked with this software. Due to its high level of being intuitive, it has some sorts of limitation in extending or indicating task to task.