• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.1 /5

About Itemize

Fast receipt scanning and easy expense reporting on the go or in the office. Don't settle for standard. Itemize.

Learn more about Itemize

Ike P.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2016

"How did i live without Itemize?"

Comments: I am using the Itemize App to capture any and all my expenses.
i take a picture of the receipt and ...bingo it creates a record for me and translates the image into the data record in seconds. Amazing. sometimes i may enter the project that it is related to. for me it saves many hours of organizing my expenses. at the end of the month I print a detailed report for my CPA. and i am done. no limitation on the number of items i capture. i also log my mileage for tax/exp reporting. in addition credit card receipts are automatically added to the Itemize App. all of this for about $100 ANNUALLY. it saves me ten times in hours and mistakes and frustration.

Pros: easy to instal, a pleasure to use, reliable, AI technology, responsive customer service. flexible for multiple levels and variations of reporting. no limitation on quantity and size for one flat fee. most advance features of it kind.
Reporting function may be done also from the PC.

Cons: unlimited reports but reporting function initiation should be more uniformed.

by Itemize Corp. on 26/10/2016

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] for future any suggestions or questions you may have!

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2016
June G.
Retired Educational Administrator
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees

"Love this program!"

Comments: I believe it’s a little expensive, as I only use it for my household expenses. I am retired so I do not have business expenses. I would love a little bit of a discount next year if possible .

Pros: The spreadsheets I can print at the end of the year!

Cons: Some of the glitches are frustrating, such as entering the type of expense, any title with the first letter higher than an L is not showing up right now!

Daniel L.
  • Reviewed on 9/03/2018

"Great concept, but definitely needs some work to be a great product I would recommend"

Comments: When it works properly it makes accounting for my construction business quite easy. Unfortunately it has a tendency to be rather glitchy and doesn't actually export all the data that I input when scanning receipts which is frustrating.

Pros: The ability to code receipts to different jobs as well as the ability to add activity codes to each receipt

Cons: Activity coding is a good idea but the data downloads dont take any of the activity data so its ultimately not useful.

• Reviewed on 9/03/2018
Gregory M.
Finishing Process Engineer
Industrial Automation, 2-10 Employees

"A descent app."

Comments: Generally, I never have time to fill out a form and/standard expenses report.
This is the only stand alone app that effectively allows me to log, organize and generate reports in a short time.

Pros: The easy way to photo record my receipts.
The ease of creating and emailing my reports

Cons: 1st, the application lacks in finding certain types of vendors. Not a lot of info in the provided lists to easily pic out the correct vendor. Especially with gas stations that have multiple locations in one community.
2nd, you don't allow for enough Tag entries. I'm a road sales guy and usually see more that 4 clients in one trip.

David L.
Sales
Apparel & Fashion, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"Itemize"

Comments: With a full year experience overal it’s pretty good way to keep track of receipts and spending. In the end for taxes you will need to roll up the sleeves a bit and dig through the overal spending info.

Pros: I liked the ease of tracking my spending receipts. This helped with tax time and speeding up my return process.
I liked the fact it saves the receipts so I didn’t need to.

Cons: It didn’t break it out in a spread form that was easy to read and is costly.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Cara D.
Property owner
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2018

"I am a basic user needing a place to store receipts and create reports for tax purposes."

Pros: The app is easy to use and I can put my receipt in as soon as I make a purchase for quick categorizing, Reports were simple once I figured out what I needed

Cons: Sometimes the app loses connectivity and I have to take a picture of the receipt again, screen for custom reporting is not that simple for a basic user, but I am a programmer so the wizard wasn't that difficult for me, however some people may not find it that easy

• Reviewed on 16/03/2018
Lee F.
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2016

"Itemize does a good job of capturing all of the data"

Comments: I've been using sone sort of scanner for years to keep track of my exspenses. None have really worked very well. I spent a lot of time typing in info that wasn't captured. Itemize works most of the time. Taxes are going to be a breeze this year.

Pros: It captures data reliably. I like being able to use my iPhone to scan on the spot.

Cons: It's expensive.

Mario R.
controller
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2016

"Excellent Application to Use"

Comments: When I did not have itemize, i would spend countless hours reconciling receipts, scanning them, etc. Now it is as easy as 1-2-3. I recommend this application to any accounts payable department.

Pros: The ability to classify expenses, keep track of them by credit card user, credit card company, and departmental use.

Cons: I would like to be able to import all of the receipts individually to Quick Books

by Itemize on 11/10/2016

Thanks for the great review and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Itemize product! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you ever run into any issues!

Thanh P.
Software engineer
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees

"Pretty good"

Comments: It's good and a conversation starter. I look forward to saving time on my taxes this year. Occasionally, I need to reinstall it and sometimes receipts do not get translated properly and the image isn't scanned. E.g. I lost signal. Would be a better feature to save the image as an option to cross check or fails.

Pros: Scan receipts

Cons: Not always teliable

by Itemize on 26/10/2016

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] for any problems or suggestions you may have!

Corey L.
Real Estate Agent
Real Estate
  • Reviewed on 5/10/2016

"Solid app...I recommend it"

Comments: I've been using it for a few years now. Solid product and easy to use on the go. It'll keep get track of your records with just a snapshot.

Pros: The ease of use. Being able to take a snapshot and have it captured is best because the more time I can save the better

Cons: I don't have any problems with this app.

by Itemize on 5/10/2016

Great to hear you are pleased with your Itemize experience! If you ever have any problems, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we will be happy to help you!

Alan M.
Owner/Operator
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2018

"Perfect small business app accessory!"

Comments: All my receipts in one effective cloud space with seamless reports functionality!

Pros: Easy to use and has all the functionality I need’

Cons: The inability to select default expense categories

• Reviewed on 21/11/2018
Michael K.
Director, Legal Services
Legal Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2016

"Best expense app I've ever used!"

Comments: Itemize is simply the best expense app I've ever used. Not only are the interface and auto-recognition capabilities top notch, but their support team went above and beyond to help me regain access to my information after an unexpected work change. Needless to say, I highly reccommend their product!

by Itemize on 26/10/2016

Thanks so much for the great review! If you ever have any suggestions or questions in the future please reach out to us at [email protected]

Phillip C.
Retired
Architecture & Planning, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"My most useful apps"

Comments: This app makes budgeting and record keeping so easy i just snap a picture of my receipts and it does all of the work and allows me to get rid of mountains of receipts
Itemize saves time, space and work one snap all done

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: Nothing

Angie U.
Brand Rep
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2018

"Itemize review"

Comments: Okay other than it's not working right now.

Pros: It's convenient for use on the road & easy to categorize.

Cons: The category titles do not all fit in the

• Reviewed on 26/11/2018
Steven N.
Broker
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"Very good, great."

Pros: It is all mobile, I take my phone everywhere. I have done this once for my ten dollar gift card and I do not have a Linkden account and do not want one.

Cons: I think you should have a crop option for the receipts. I always take my picture of my receipts on my steering wheel.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2018
George O.
Architecture & Planning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2018

"Itemize review"

Pros: It is very easy to use especially with it finding catagories and allowing customizing such as adding tips to restaurants. Works good come tax time. Photoraphing receipts is easy.

Cons: Finding my local credit union would help speed up the recording of the transaction.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2018
Al T.
Director of business development
Farming, 51-200 Employees

"Itimize review"

Comments: The camera doesn't expand anymore on the mobile app. That had forced me to import pictures from my phone rather than use the apps camera.

Pros: Mobile app

Cons: The app camera

by Itemize on 26/10/2016

Thanks for the review! Please contact us at [email protected] in regards to your camera issue, we have never heard of this being a problem before!

Stuart D.

"Pleasantly surprised!"

Comments: I have used a competitor for years which became problematic when its direction was changed. I found Itemize on the web and on the surface it looked to be a possible replacement. I spoke with their team during my evaluation and all my questions were answered. I have been using the premium offering for a couple of months and find it to be a great improvement over my old system. Rarely do I have to make any entry adjustments and reporting is fine. I save a great deal of time and can do entries on the fly so no waiting to build a stack of paper to upload. I am very satisfied with this solution.

Susan W.
Professional Training & Coaching
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2016

"Useful and easy!"

Comments: I liked this software a lot. The app was handy and useful. Occasionally, I had trouble with the receipts reflecting the correct amounts, but that was infrequent. Overall, it was very useful.

Pros: Ease of use.

Cons: Sometimes read the receipt incorrectly.

by Itemize on 12/12/2016

Thanks for the great review! We are constantly improving our OCR technology to better read receipts based on user submissions! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

• Reviewed on 16/11/2016
Rick E.
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2016

"Easy Reporting, I love this app!"

Comments: Pros: Easy Sign Up
Easy to use on connecting emails
Digital receipts just appear
I took a picture of my receipt and scanned extremely fast
I have Pro-the expense reporting is very simple. My son even does this for me-great to be lazy!!!
Cons: No offline mode
Sometimes slow load (This doesn't really bother me)
I don't know what some of the other reviews are talking about. I have had great customer service by just calling their number located on their website. My email was working fine also

by Itemize on 20/09/2016

Thanks for the great review, we are thrilled to hear you are enjoying your Itemize experience and are working hard on new features to make Itemize even more helpful!

• Reviewed on 19/04/2016
Scott H.
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2016

"Itemize makes receipt organization easy"

Comments: I've been using this app for a while and really like it. Easy and intuitive to use. Able to filter receipts by store so can get to what I need to easily. Helps me keep paper clutter at a minimum. Only reason some categories not five stars is they could have better automatic email receipt upload function and it doesn't recognize negative numbers in return or credit receipts. Overall though, a great app.

by Itemize on 12/10/2016

Christiane W.
  • Reviewed on 2/11/2016

"Loved it, needs a few tweaks"

Comments: I love the software but the image quality could be better. The GUI needs improvements too to make it easier...

Pros: The easy scan function

Cons: The image quality and Organisation of receipts. I wish I could see it be week or month with all the categories....I would love to compare spending habits.

by Itemize on 12/12/2016

Thanks for the great review! If you login via the Web App you will be able to see pie charts that you can set by range to determine spending by categories. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

Helen J.
Carer
Writing & Editing

"Great App."

Comments: Easy to use.
Dosnt take long to set up.
Handy to see what you
buy where and when.
I love this app.
Thanks Helen

Pros: Quick easy

Cons: None

John M.
Head
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

"Promising"

Comments: Works as advertised. Would like the ability to enter in manually without image and to be able to break into sections for receipts with multiple categories. Monthly fee is intimidating, but special offer reduced it somewhat.

Pros: On-the-go recording, export of info into accounting formats. Good general ledger capabilities.

Cons: Slow analysis at times.

by Itemize on 12/12/2016

Thanks for the great review! We are actively working on the ability to enter manual receipts without a photo, but in the mean time you can take a photo of anything and attach an expense record. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

Ed K.
  • Reviewed on 5/11/2016

"Awesome product"

Comments: I started using itemize two months ago and love it. It helps me organize my expenses and assists me in getting them ready for submittal to corporate accounting in a quick and easy fashion. I honestly can't think of one thing that id change other than extend the functionality to allow me to create my own custom transaction report so I can model it on my own company report.

by Itemize on 12/12/2016

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

• Reviewed on 5/11/2016