Rain Point of Sale Reviews

by Rain Retail Software

• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.2 /5

About Rain Point of Sale

Enter information once and your POS, website, and mobile site update in real time. Unlimited registers, products, and customer service.

Learn more about Rain Point of Sale

Showing 25 reviews of 71

Holly V.
owner/operator
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2020

"Disappointed"

Comments: It was a rough year and a half trying to operate a business with that many mistakes from their side.

Pros: I liked that the website and the inventory were combined. That people could see in real time what we had in stock and purchase online. That was nice and was one of the main features of why we went with Rain originally.

Cons: We spent a lot of time and money on Rain POS. It was the first online computer software company we ever used for point of sale. I spent an entire year in 2017 logging our entire inventory, coming up with pricing and pictures and history on every item. We went live in 2018 and by April 2019 we were done with the contract side and we closed out the point of sale side by the end of that year. Their inconsistences within the contract module were too high. And every time we called in to tech support, all they could tell us what that there was a "glitch" in the system and they couldn't fix it within a timely manner. I really felt like I was losing the trust of my customers because of Rain's mistakes.

by Rain Retail Software on 9/12/2020

Holly, thank you for taking time to share your experience with our POS software. Here at Rain, our main objective is helping small businesses like yours succeed, so the fact that you found us to be detrimental to your store is disheartening. We've been busy in the 12 months since you cancelled and have greatly improved our rent-to-own module. If you like, please contact us to see those enhancements.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2020
Sam G.
Tech Manager and Chief Quilter
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2020

"Like Sew POS Review"

Comments: Overall we are happy with Rain/Like Sew. It gives us an easy to manage Web front end for our store that behind the scenes in completely integrated with our Brick & Mortar operation. Improvements are still needed in many areas - the system is a work in progress regularly rolling our new and improved functionality.

Pros: We bought it for the seamless integration of Web and Brick & Mortar inventory management, sales and ease of use. It works very well for this purpose.

Cons: It is ultimately POS and Inventory Management software with little Accounting functionality. Daily exports to QuickBooks or other software are required, with additional entries in the accounting s/w to accommodate accounting best practices, Taxes on Receiving orders, billing and other financial tasks not accommodated in Like Sew. There are still some issues with Sales, Shipping and Taxes in Canada, and there is no ability to set up multiple price levels internally

• Reviewed on 30/01/2020
Pheobe K.
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2020

"An Outstanding POS System"

Comments: I am able to work proficiently with everything except learning how to take my inventory and have it imported to QuickBooks.

Pros: I am able to input inventory into the system in a timely manner.

Cons: I wish Rain Retail system would import my inventory over to QuickBooks. I have to input inventories in the system twice.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2020
Allen B.
Webmaster/Manager
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2017

"A small business solution that is a head of the curve"

Comments: We searched for over 3 years for an new point of sale that would fit our needs and allow us to expand in the future. It was important to have a seamless integration of our brick and mortar location and our online store. Rain really shines above all the other options with more functionality at an affordable price. This has allowed us to grow our online presence tremendously to help keep up with the ever growing online sales market. The continued software updates and helpful customer support makes for a personal and dedicated feel to helping our business thrive. We have recommend it to several other businesses and they have been thrilled as well. Thanks Rain!

Pros: Online and Brick and Mortar integration, extensive customer tracking, easy to customize website, efficient product ordering/receiving system

Cons: Updates can be slow to release, lacks a little in the reporting functionality

Miles S.
manager
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2017

"Powerful, complete lifestyle upgrade for our business"

Comments: Going from shopkeep (easy to use, not sophisticated enough for us as a music store) to RAIN was a challenge at first (uploading photos and product data, designing new site content, more product data entry, training staff in new roles) but, now that we are a few months in, we are seeing customers benefit from our work and we know we are going in the right direction.
RAIN is on the way to becoming the One Ring That Rules Them All of software that helps small retailers play on the same field as national chains.
Actual seamless pulling in of repair data to the transaction screen, one product data base for your stores and your website store, actual seamless pulling in of layaway payments and special orders to the transaction screen, easily see who is selling what and where. Actual real effective help with re-order purchasing has helped us control spending in a very noticeable way. Time is saved because we only have to go through product order line items one time , then when it arrives, ONE click updates the cost for that instance and the count received.

Transfer tracking that takes almost no time to use.

Pros: integration

Cons: still developing some features

Mark B.
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2017

"Great user friendly POS"

Comments: We had a nightmare with our old POS system and had to pretty much start all over with Rain. We are a local business but with tons of inventory. Over 5000 different piece of merchandise. So we were not looking forward to adding all those items again. But Rains interface makes it very easy, anyone can do it. The interface is laid out very simply and everything is right there without having to scroll through pages and pages to find an option you want. Features like repairs and rentals are also a big plus. Really the only negative thing I can say is the since it's cloud based you better have good internet or you will lose your register if you lose internet. But that's not Rains fault. Just make sure you have a reliable internet connection or a backup 4G method since you can run the POS from any phone or tablet. We have had the software for a little less than a year and although we are still adding products from our previous software crash with another company, we are enjoying the new fresh look and feature packed software provided by Rain.

Pros: Tons of features and easy to use.

Cons: To print a receipt there are too many steps. Wish it was easier or less time consuming.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2017
Tawni Y.
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2020

"Good"

Comments: For the most part, it's pretty good. Hope they continue to develop better reporting capabilities. Some quirks along the way - some get fixed, some they can't explain.

Pros: I like that it integrates inventory between our point of sale and our website. We also like being able to access customers' purchase history.

Cons: Bare bones reporting, i.e. for sales data. Many reports offer zero or very few "drill down" options for specifics.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2020
Peter V.
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2018

"Seamless Migration from Older POS System"

Pros: We went with RAIN for a number of reasons. Integration with our website, and in turn, Reverb.com was very important to us. We also liked RAIN's ability to migrate from our antiquated POS so that we had a relatively easy transition. Lastly, being a cloud based system allows our entire staff to work on the system from anywhere.

Cons: At first (about 12 months ago) RAIN was a bit clunky. Navigating was slow, they didn't allow enough pictures for our website, and the search function was not always effective. Also the Reverb integration had growing pains. The thing about RAIN is that they are constantly improving and correcting issues based on their customer's (ours) feedback. At this point the Reverb integration and search functions work perfectly and they now allow unlimited pics on each listing.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2018
Barbara C.
Retail, Self Employed

"Rain software"

Comments: Now I don't have to physically go and check on inventory, the report tells me what needs to be ordered.

Pros: I love the ease of using it, the reports help out so much. Looking up customers history is a breeze.

Cons: I had trouble with my labels in the printing mode. I use a different size of label than they have on file. Not able to pick my own expatriation date on coupons or add new coupons.

Brian M.
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2018

"Very functional adaptive website at a competitive price"

Pros: Easy plug and play design allows for unlimited updates and edits. Add the file and picture storage for customer access and this all in one service is a great solution for small businesses.

Cons: Limited blog post functionality with subscription options, some bugs in the system that have yet to be resolved.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2018
Jana A.
shop owner
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 8/08/2018

"expanding, they listen to ideas and constantly make improvements"

Pros: its comprehensive. online inventory and instore inventory combined...awesome. very intuitive, very good tutorials and help functions.

Cons: none, I like the constant improvements. the only issue is the system randomly converts the default printer between the receipt printer and the label printer.

• Reviewed on 8/08/2018
Valerie S.
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2018

"Great!"

Pros: Everyone is always very helpful with questions I have on the software. A great Company to be doing business with!

Cons: It is hard to get pictures the right sizes for site. I make them the size that I have been told and when putting them on the website they are huge.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2018
Skye B.
marketing
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2017

"Hands down the worst customer service"

Comments: My last conversation with them included telling me that they have far too many customers to be able to look into every single error and that the only way they would look into an error is if I can replicate it for them. Let me repeat that: Only if their customer, generally non-I.T. trained people, can figure out what went wrong in their faulty system AND replicate it for them, will they take the time to see if I.T. errors need to be fixed. He literally told me that Rep is innocent until proven guilty. Customer service at its finest. Let that sink in.

Cons: As an advanced user of similar products, things as simple as field mapping is beyond their capabilities. For example, the receipts our customer's receive don't even break out the shipping and taxes, even though there are fields for it. Instead, they just see zeros. If this is too much for them to handle, imagine what else is. We've been waiting for them to fix that for close to a year now.

• Reviewed on 13/07/2017
Chris L.
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2018

"My initial experience was great. Now that I'm into year 2, not so great. No consistency in data."

Comments: The ability to link my inventory to my website.

Pros: I like the link between my inventory and the website. The program is somewhat intuitive so the ease of training staff is great.

Cons: Every time there is an update less of my product is picked up by my scanner. Moda inventory is easy than not available; no consistency. There is no easy way other than a bulk download to scan through products and update or delete.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2018
Annette B.
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2017

"Rain Point of Sale review from the Scuba Diving Industry"

Comments: We switched to Rain POS 2.5 years ago. Customer service has been wonderful. There are some unique parts to our industry that are addressed with this tool, such as a rental program. We specifically like that the POS and Website are all on the same platform and are easy to update by us. This allows us to easily make changes to our on line shopping tool as well as marketing tools. We would highly recommend this for small to medium size businesses.

• Reviewed on 23/02/2017
Sherry C.
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2017

"Frustrating"

Comments: Misrepresentation of features and merchant pricing.

Pros: Integrated web and store inventory. Adding items once due to integration of web and physical store.

Cons: Cannot create unique reports.
No weekend support.
Lack of urgency by support.
No debit pin pad offered

• Reviewed on 26/05/2017
Laura R.
Co-Owner
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2020

"Rain POS for Yarn Stores"

Comments: No point of sale system is perfect. But we are happy with the functionality and effectiveness of Rain. The fact that Rain is continually improving and updating their system has only increased our satisfaction over the years.

Pros: We have used Rain POS (Like Sew) for over five years and are very satisfied with it. We love that our website (recently upgraded by Rain) integrates with our POS, keeping our inventory numbers accurate. The Point of Sale is very user friendly. Reporting is decent. The website is simple to update.

Cons: While there are sometimes reporting issues or technical issues, Rain has an easy process in place to report problems online or by phone, and they are generally responsive in a timely manner. Rain also has a method to make suggestions on how to change or update the POS/website. I appreciate that they are willing to take our suggestions! I do wish there was a report for Items Received; it would be nice to be able to create custom reports. The only major issue we have with Rain is when the system crashes - either because our internet goes out (in which case we are able to use our iPads on cellular to ring up customers) or because Rain goes down. Luckily, this is very rare! And when it's Rain's issue, it is usually remedied quickly. Finally, it would be great if Rain integrated with Sage Accounting software. We have to manually transfer data from Rain's reports into Sage Accounting. This is time consuming.

• Reviewed on 22/12/2020
Lisa W.
  • Reviewed on 8/12/2020

"LikeSew works for my retail quilt shop"

Comments: The main reason I implemented the POS option was to help me with inventory control. Prior to using POS I didn't know how much inventory was in stock and therefore I was receiving orders for inventory that I didn't have.

Pros: I think the customer service is very good. Recently I wanted my homepage to be updated and revamped. They worked very quickly and efficiently with me to get give it a new look and within a few days I had a website looks very modern and professional. Also, I really like the marketing package. I used the POS for several years before adding the marketing feature. I like the automatic emails that it sends to my customers every week. Also, My website is easier to use from a cell phone now. It's worth paying the extra money for each month.

Cons: I do not like the way the inventory receiving works. It is supposed to be integrated with some of my vendors but doesn't seem to be complete or accurate. Also, I really wish that the email marketing was easier to use and more robust.

• Reviewed on 8/12/2020
Andrea E.
Sales Associate
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2018

"Tons of features packed into one POS system, great customer support."

Pros: Rain has tons of features, and for a music store that sells, rents, and repairs instruments, and also does lessons, there are a lot of things we need software for. With Rain, we can do most of it in one place, whereas in the past, we've had to have a system for this, something different for this, and something different for that also. It's a huge time saver and much less confusing to be able to do everything we need to do in one place. And the website is clean and easy to customize. Customer service is super easy to get in touch with and great to work with.

Cons: There are still a few bugs in this software. While the customer support guys are good about listening and working on fixes, there are still some small annoying things. For instance, when you delete a product from the Categories page, it does not direct you back to the Categories page, but rather the Products page. There's also not an easy way to move products into different categories in bulk. You either have to open each product manually, or you have to export the info to a spreadsheet.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2018
Lance R.

"Rain POS"

Pros: This is a great program that integrates a point of sale program with a website store that keep inventory stock levels on the website. The basics functions are easy to use and learn.

Cons: Rain POS needs to make some of the reporting more functional so that you can see product sales easier and for a monthly and yearly sense.

Michael B.
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2020

"Does what I need and more."

Comments: Our experience has been excellent. We were up and running the day we opened the doors. This is our first and only experience with POS but I cannot imagine needing anything more. The cloud based system lets me access information from anywhere I have WiFi access. No fear of losing our system due to damage or theft of equipment. Overall I find it very affordable and could not imagine being without Rain POS now.

Pros: The support we received from the rain team in getting started with a POS system. None of my team had any experience with POS and they made the transition easy. We still don’t use all the features available but are adding them to our system gradually. The customer support system is fantastic. The reports available on the system save hundreds of man hours and help us see how our business is doing. The inventory system is a huge help.

Cons: Integration with some Consumer Finance companies would be valuable to retail users. A “Dummy” website that could be used for training new employees would be a big help.

by Rain Retail Software on 25/09/2020

Michael,
Thank you for your feedback, this is very helpful for us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we can improve so that we can continue to look into additional options.

• Reviewed on 23/09/2020
Angel G.
  • Reviewed on 1/12/2020

"Easy to set up with no computer experience"

Comments: Anytime I have any questions, I can call and get it taken care of immediately. I sell stuff all over the country since I have an online store now.

Pros: I have managed and now own a vacuum, sewing, and air purification retail store in Terre Haute Indiana. We did not have an online store prior to us setting up with Rain. I had looked at other companies but this one has a marketing tool that is phenomenal. After all our service and sales, I send my customers an opportunity to review me. I started with a handful of reviews on Google now we have over 60 and over 80 reviews on facebook.

Cons: The program can freeze sometimes and you have to reboot the entire program and when that happens I can't override it to use my credit card terminal since everything is integrated.

• Reviewed on 1/12/2020
Karen S.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 6/02/2020

"Top notch POS"

Comments: Great experience... still fixing a few glitches and learning is on going. We are not big IT people, but the ease of this software and the team behind us works great!

Pros: Alot. The automated email blasts, the conference on hand, one on one meeting. I like the ease of running this software and the service and people behind the scenes. I like the look and help we receive on our website. When we have a glitch or problem, customer support is inside our website making the corrections. Great team to work with! Especially, Ty... stays on top of any ossues that come up.

Cons: Our training was not easy and our contact person was not really knowledgeable on many facets of the software or how it would work. Big learning curve for us.

• Reviewed on 6/02/2020
Nic G.
Musician
  • Reviewed on 9/10/2018

"Brought new life to my store!"

Comments: Since we opened, we have hand written all our checks and inventory, which has sometimes lead to discrepancies in what we have in stock and prices on items. It also takes longer to cash people out at the register, which has left some customers at an inconvenience when running late to a gig. Since moving to Rain, we are now able to easily see what is in stock and let customers know if we have extra in the back all from our phones. Recently we had a customer whos speaker blew while at a gig and he was able to order a new one online for us to have ready for him when he walked in the door! We love using Rain!

Pros: Rain POS was surprisingly easy to set up and integrate into my exsiting website, it really opened up a lot of doors to help sell things in my store that have been sitting a while. We do a lot of lawaway orders, so it was nice to be able to set up a lawaway option on our online store.

Cons: The only thing I wish I was able to do is have the option to add multiple products at a time to help streamline the inventory process. Other than that, I have had zero issues!

• Reviewed on 9/10/2018
Valerie S.
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2019

"Great Point of Sale Software"

Comments: Rain POS is a great company to work with. Great tech support.

Pros: The Point of Sale software is easy to use and you get alot of support if needed.

Cons: Adjusting pictures sometimes is challenging to do to fit into areas.

• Reviewed on 16/03/2019