Practice Ignition Reviews

by Practice Ignition

• Overall
    4.7/5
    4.7/5

About Practice Ignition

Practice Ignition is a powerful way to manage your client-focused business. Proposals, contracts, billing, business intelligence +

Learn more about Practice Ignition

Will M.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2018

"Practice Ignition is makes service proposals with complex billing arrangements simple and easy."

Pros: The three main things I like the most about Practice Ignition are: 1. It's ability to handle complex billing arrangements in a proposal. It is the only platform I have come across that can easily manage up front fees, with recurring billing for a fixed period, and display this easily on a proposal. 2. I love the fact that you can set the proposal to require a credit card or bank details before it is accepted. Practice Ignition then collects the funds for you. One of the most difficult parts of running a service business is getting paid, but with Practice Ignition it takes that all away because the upfront fee is billed on acceptance, then the recurring billable amount is billed as set out in the proposal. It couldn't be easier. 3. The integration Practice Ignition has with Xero and WorkflowMax (XPM) is incredible. Once a proposal is accepted, it creates the job in WorkflowMax based on the job templates you have setup in WorkflowMax, and creates the invoices in Xero. It literally takes all the administration out of running a professional services company.

Cons: There are a few features I would like to see Practice Ignition develop, but after speaking with them they are going to push it right up the priority list as they agree. These features are: 1. The ability to create a recurring rate on recurring jobs
2. The ability to set a due date on a job - at the moment this is picked up from the contract end date.
My understanding is this will be sorted soon, so by the time you read this it may be sorted!

• Reviewed on 13/06/2018
Lazarus K.
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"Tracking categories "

Pros: I love that:
1. You can attach a business profile with your proposal
2. Show a breakdown of your services and give a brief description of each. This really adds value
3. Set up reminders for clients to accept proposal
4. Send invoices directly to Xero once a proposal is accepted
5. With the help of Zapier, send work flows to Asana

Cons: The challenge is that the invoices sent to Xero are sent without their tracking categories. One has to manually update these invoices for tracking categories. A feature that send these invoices with tracking categories would be great.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Katrina R.
Senior Accountant
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2018

"A great product"

Comments: It has allowed us to move from the more traditional time billing system to a fixed fee program that clients seem to really like. One day we won't need timesheets and this will help us get there!

Pros: I love this program for ease of use. it does what it needs to. I can set quotes to be sent out and when they are accepted they fill in bank details to do direct debit. I don't need to do anything else. I love the new update for recurring billing so I don't have to send out new annual fee quotes if we agree that the same price is still relevant.

Cons: I possibly don't use it to its full capacity as when we started using it the software was very basic but the new updates are making it a bit better. I don't have much negative to say.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2018
Dwayne B.
Officer
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2019

"Watch Your Chargebacks"

Comments: It's going to be easier and to be more in control of my clients since it doesn't matter there's no recourse once Practice Ignition chooses to believe the other person instead of the people paying for the service. I can do the same thing and work directly with any challenges instead of just sucking it up and losing thousands more.

Pros: After getting used to it, it didn't seem bad at first but then the charge backs hit without any formal notice nor warning.

Cons: A former client said they didn't receive the services, Practice Ignition asked me to defend the potential charge back but then it was a waste of my time to do anything because they took back the entire amount, on top of already having charged me for the merchant fees.

by Practice Ignition on 17/07/2019

Hi Dwayne, My name is Tom Maxwell and I'm on the leadership team at Practice Ignition. I'm truly sorry you had this experience but please allow me to clarify your concerns here:

Unfortunately, your client disputed your charge which initiated an immediate reversal by the clients' bank. Immediate reversals are completely out of our control, which is no different to any payment processor, (including Intuit, as an example: https://intuit.me/2JNFyzg).

As soon as we were made aware of the dispute, we immediately contacted you, and as a standard practice, we offered to submit evidence on your behalf. We also asked you to submit more evidence that the dispute had been resolved between you and your client, to strengthen your case. You declined to take up this offer.

Dwayne, please know we are here to help in circumstances that fall outside our control. We are sorry your experience went this way and we hope that we have the opportunity to win back your trust again.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2019
Kate S.
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2018

"Love Practice Ignition"

Comments: Great results from clients. Makes interactions with clients current & new so much easier, they know what we are offering, price and everything is explained in one document.

Pros: Easy to use and great results. You can set up as many templates as you like.

Cons: Nothing! It's all so very simple, anyone can use it

by Practice Ignition on 31/08/2018

Thanks for your review Kate! We really appreciate it :)

• Reviewed on 29/08/2018
Caleb l. J.
Leader of Client Accounting Services
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2018

"PI has helped us automate our onboarding & billing"

Pros: We were struggling to keep track of all our proposals, engagement letters, and billing schedules in a Google Sheet prior to using Practice Ignition. After we started using P.I., we saved immense amounts of time by completely automating the engagement letters & billing. It's also incredibly easy to go search and see what we are doing for each client in P.I. now...

Cons: My biggest suggestion right now for P.I.: Allow me to create my 3 package proposal in a nice one page proposal that I would email to my clients. Once they select one of the proposals, they would just click through to the Engagement Letter and then on to the Payments... This would save the other 2 unaccepted proposals as archived historical packages so that I could go back and review what I had proposed to my client.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2018
Laura R.
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2019

"Exactly what we needed"

Comments: The overall experience with Practice Ignition is excellent. The setup process improved our sales process.
This solution gets us out of email and portals with passwords. It does the heavy lifting for an important moment in the sales process. And it looks great doing it!

Pros: This app is the perfect tool once you've determined what service plan is right for your prospect. We use another tool for needs assessment and pricing. Practice Ignition seals the deal. What I like most about Practice Ignition are its robust features. It's a great experience for the prospect and designed for them to receive a proposal via web or mobile. Payment solution is built in. Integration to QuickBooks & Zapier lets you plug this into your tech stack to record revenue, payment and then zap the new order to your workflow management tool for onboarding & service delivery. The templates and service descriptions let you customize to your liking. The support center is more than helpful; it taught me how to create a better sales experience. The dashboard gives you a bird's eye view so you can follow through on closings.

Cons: I cannot think of one thing that we do not like about this software. I especially appreciate that it does not clutter its mission with a lot of other data. It does its job and it does it well.

• Reviewed on 28/04/2019
Michele G.
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2019

"Keep it Professional!"

Comments: PI are awesome to deal with. They are always improving and work with me to get up to speed with new developments. Highly recommend them. They are Number 3 in my Tech Stack!

Pros: Paperless! It's embarrassing to promote cloud-technology and moving to paperless and then present a paper engagement letter. The templates make it easy to use for all clients so you can be sure they are up to date. Makes Single Touch Payroll authorisaton easy. I made a separate engagement letter to run for 12 months to remind me to update it each year (nil charge)

Cons: Payment delays. Doesn't link with Xero Projects

• Reviewed on 27/06/2019
Bianca P.
Financial Coordinator
Legal Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/10/2019

"PI has changed the way we work!"

Comments: The ease of the software and the support of the staff (in particular Matt) has been amazing, highly recommended

Pros: I love the ease of sending our scopes of works to our clients and collecting retainers and fees without the horrible debt collection calls

Cons: A few teething issues in the start with finds collecting adding 10% when it shouldn't

• Reviewed on 2/10/2019
Claudia L.
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2019

"Amazing App"

Pros: Great product for Accountants and Bookkeepers, easy to use.
Amazing customer service.

Cons: There are not really negatives to talk about.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2019
Client Experience Manager
  • Reviewed on 1/10/2018

"Practice Ignition Review"

Comments: It’s been pleasant. This product came highly recommended by other accountants, so we gave it a shot. Again, from the client side, it’s nice to have them sign one agreement for multiple contracts. The dashboard is great, and the automated reminders really save our staff time following up on contracts that go out. If they could provide more than 1 template option, we’d have scored higher.

Pros: We moved to Practice Ignition after using a few other contract management platforms, because we felt it offered a better experience for our clients. It does in offering one signature for multiple contract types (tax, consulting services, implementation services, etc). It is superior to other platforms from that standpoint. We also felt the co-branding was better. Also, greatly appreciate the automated reminders.

Cons: By far & the reason I did not score higher, was the fact that we are limited to one template when sending contracts. We send new engagement agreements and renewal letters via Practice Ignition, but the template that accompanies each agreement can not be customized. The email template we send to new clients needs to be different than the email template sent to renewal clients, but I have been told it can’t be changed. This does not allow for a productive workflow.

• Reviewed on 1/10/2018
Tom P.
Business Advisor
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2016

"Practice Ignition - Review"

Comments: Great product for Accountants and Bookkeepers looking to move to a package / upfront billing model. Particularly good for our firm, as it integrates into our client database, and deploys our job flow once a proposal has been accepted. It also has website connector, so we can sell our services on our website, and initiate the on boarding process from there. Provides analytics and internal notes which is also really helpful. Additional reporting would be nice.

Pros: All in one solution. Client engagement documents, jobflow deployment, billing.

Cons: Can take a while to get your head around.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2016
Practice Manager
Accounting
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"Fantastic proposal software which streamlines our business development and sales funnel."

Comments: I love this software. We no longer have to deal with sending quotes out, then waiting for a 'yes' then send out an engagement letter and wait for that to be signed and returned (which would mean the customer printing then scanning back to us) all before we start work and then start billing. Now we can send one form online that converts to an engagement letter once signed (electronically) and we're away. It can also be updated an changed around so easily with a full audit trail behind it.

Pros: The software enriches the perception of our brand and instils a modern and progressive view of our business in the minds of our prospects.
Allows us to avoid 'scope-creep' by ensuring that we do not provide more than what we have agreed to without earning more for doing so.

Cons: The reporting function of this software could be improved. High-level analytics are good but drilling down into some metrics would save time with spreadsheets.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2018
Karen G.
Executive Assistant
  • Reviewed on 3/08/2018

"Create a Proposal - And forget about it. Practice Ignition Thinks for you"

Comments: We set up all of our billing through Practice Ignition. Clients need to put in their credit card details or banking details before they can accept/agree to a proposal. This means one less thing we need to do - chase payment from our client. The only time we need to do this is if a payment is not able to be collected.
Overall, a very simple, brilliant program to use. I love the HelpDesk as they are generally very quick to respond to our queries, no matter how trivial.
Setting up a proposal for my Manager to review prior to it being sent is a brilliant little feature also. I recommend trying this for yourself.

Pros: Where to start. From setting up templates for future use, to sending reminder emails of when the proposals are signed, due for expiration, weekly review, to quick turnaround times from the help desk - what's not to like?

Cons: Not to be negative on a great product, but if you're looking for an invoice, you need to open each proposal for the client in the proposals list to be able to access the invoice tab, to search through each invoice to find the one you need. On the upside, as soon as the invoice is raised it sent to Xero which is time saving plus!

• Reviewed on 3/08/2018
Simon P.
MD
Executive Office, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2019

"Amazing"

Comments: Epic.

Pros: Scalability. Ease of use. The elegance of the front-end presentation

Cons: Accounting Focus... we're a digital agency so that bit doesn't have relevance. But negligible.

• Reviewed on 20/06/2019
Paul Y.
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2017

"Practice Ignition is key to managing the work we do for our clients. "

Comments: Streamlined our proposals for providing package services and integration into Xero

Pros: It is simple to use and integrates beautifully with Xero Practice Manager which allows us to manage our work from proposal stage to progress billing to completion of the project.

Cons:

Giovanna A.
Assistant Accountant
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2017

"Practice Ignition is a great tool and perfect for organizing proposals"

Pros: great for proposals and cash flow very flexible with different ways of payments, if the client is right infront of you they can check the email right through there phone.

Cons: the only complain is having to wait 2 weeks for the disbursal, everything else with Practice Ignition works great.

Bassim M.
  • Reviewed on 7/05/2018

"Practice Ignition has helped me simply the proposal writing process and payment collections."

Pros: automated collections, it made my life a lot easier and improved our cash flow and overall collections.

Cons: It is not connected to Karbon. If it was connected to Karbon, we could start automating some of the the onboarding steps.

• Reviewed on 7/05/2018
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2019

"The BEST Payment Processor / Engagement software"

Comments: Great and their customer service is excellent.

Pros: It's saved me a ton of money in two instances where a client tried to back out of paying for work that was already in process or completed. I have an accounting firm with larger clients. I have the software set up to only accept ACH, which gives me more control over refunds / charge backs. I love that it has everything together: the engagement letter, the scope of work and the payment all in one.

Cons: The user design is just ok. It's not bad but there's a lot of manual data entry in the beginning.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2019
Partner
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2018

"It's super easy to setup and use. Lots of clever features, with more features being added regularly."

Comments: Client communication - letting them know upfront what my services are going to cost, and having them agree to it so there are no surprises. We've been doing this with clients for a few years but this software has saved me hours every week by simplifying the process and cutting out manual work.
Cashflow improvement - for known or suspected bad payers I can choose that they must enter bank details for a Direct Debit before accepting the proposal. It makes the conversation easier - "I can't start the work until we have an agreement in place". It removes all the time I used to spend chasing debtors.

Pros: It solves several problems in my business so is great value for money. I can customise how I use it to suit my own workflows and clients. It's simple without compromising effectiveness.

Cons: There's nothing I've found that I don't like. A few times I've thought the software didn't contain a certain functionality, but after asking support they were able to turn a new feature on for me to test.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2018
Leticia M.
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2017

"Brilliant, saves me hours."

Pros: * Saves time (proposal writing went from 3 hours to 15 minutes!!)
* Saves money being left on the table
* Enables digital payments including direct debits
* Enables the sales process to scale
* Usable and functional
* Support is A1 and the team's communication is fabulous

Cons: The navigation. Sometimes I get lost clicking on things, but it's so minor it doesn't matter. This review requires more words before it submits, but I don't have any - hence this wasteful third sentence.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2017
Brett G.
  • Reviewed on 8/03/2018

"Pleasant setup and support. Wonderfully streamlined practice!"

Comments: This software saves me time on administrative work and provides my clients with a clean, nice looking proposal and limits the number of login accounts they would need.

Pros: This software will standardize your proposals and engagement letters. I don't like having my stuff spread across multiple platforms and this does a great job at consolidating many of my tasks to one solution. I can create general "jobs" that I would do for a client and enter my engagement letters separately. Using software specific tags, I can customize the engagement letter and work to be done to each client without having to use the find/replace feature in Word. They will sync my accepted proposals into accounting software and collect payment (they use Stripe). I can set up reoccurring/ monthly agreements or one-off. Very happy I found this and wish I had found it sooner than I did.

Cons: It would be nice to change the display settings of my services I offer and templates I've created. Having the ability to only view services of a certain type would help when setting up the system as well as when I'm searching for the correct service to add to a client's proposal.

• Reviewed on 8/03/2018
Billy D.
Writer, Performer, Entertainer, Artist
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2018

"Onboarding and ACH-based collections are a breeze"

Comments: Practice Ignition allows us to quickly onboard new clients within a set menu and use recurring monthly payments to eliminate the hassle of billing and collection.

Pros: Ease of use and the ability to deploy standard engagement terms seamlessly while enabling recurring payment. No need to bill or collect; just set it and forget it!

Cons: It's challenging to navigate to some of the more wonky screens, like the payment enabling.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2018
Alix D.
PM
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2018

"Thanks PI "

Comments: It's changed the way we work - and I don't have to call debtors any more!!

Pros: The thing i like most is the ase and efficiency of use

Cons: ummm building the templates was probably the only thing

• Reviewed on 19/11/2018
Shane G.
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"Quicker Close / Good clients"

Comments: Great people and great product! We have enjoyed using thus far.

Pros: Reid did an outstanding job answering all our questions during setup and implementation of this solution.
PI enables us to quickly propose on new work without all the headaches of starting proposals from scratch.
I recommend using fixed fees and a due on acceptance amount along with recurring payments to weed out the bad clients on the front end. Love the tracking too. I can tell if the prospect has received and viewed the proposal verifying they did get our service agreement.

Cons: Wish the dashboard could be filtered by date to allow a better view of the data.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2019