• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.8 /5

About Lessonly

Lessonly is training software used by over 3 million learners and 1000 companies to learn, practice and do better work.

Learn more about Lessonly

Megan S.
Sr. Manager, CX Learning and Development
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/02/2021

"Lessonly is one of the best vendors to work with and the software is easy to use!"

Comments: It's been great. The company as a whole is wonderful and provides great service.

Pros: I love how easy it is to build trainings in Lessonly. You do not have to be a traditional learning and development person to create lessons in Lessonly.

Cons: I do really wish you could pull up old drafts. Currently, once you click publish, you're unable to go back to an old draft if someone doesn't get updated or launched as planned.

• Reviewed on 8/02/2021
Ruben V.
Head of Training
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2016

"Lessonly is the most intuitive LMS out there!"

Comments: Due to the growth of our company, we needed a Learning Management System (LMS) that would help onboarding all the new hires. Before we used a powerpoint presentation, but that wasn't maintainable nor scalable since we have multiple offices around the world. That's why we started looking for a web-based LMS that was very easy to work with, both for the administrator creating content as for the users doing the online courses and quizzes. And if possible with a very simple yet slick design. After some research we found Lessonly and it checked all the boxes. And now we are not using Lessonly just for onboarding new hires, we are also using it to train existing employees. Each department within Bynder has a specific team member that creates lessons and quizzes. Since it is soo simple to create / edit content, my life as an administrator maintaining it is also very easy. Every day I receive an email with all the lessons that have been completed by our colleagues. But I also receive notifications if some colleagues have missed their deadline. Last thing I would like to point out is the great service we get from our Client Experience Manager. Whenever I send an email, I always get a reply within a few hours. When I ask a question, I always get an answer. Or sometimes even better, an instant solution! When I request a conference call, my client Experience Manager is always available to catch up, discuss the feedback I have received from our new hires (who are very enthusiastic about our online Training Centre) and talk about new road map features. Several times I came up with suggestions that later I could explain in detail to their VP of Product - everything to make their product better and therefore my experience. That is the kind of company we like to do business with!

Pros: - Easy to create content for administrators / creators
- Very intuitive to work with for new hires
- Web-based so changes in lessons made are updated automatically
- Overview of all users who did (not) complete their lessons
- Automatic email reminders for uncompleted lessons
- Great service from Client Experience Manager

Cons: The dashboards with information and statistics about who is assigned to which lesson and which user has still lessons open are available, yet they could be more advanced based on our personal preferences. I have been informed this is on the roadmap so I am really looking forward to that.

Aaron L.
Learning and Development Specialist

"Simplify your e-learning!"

Comments: As a user of several large LMS systems, most recently one from Oracle, I constantly lamented the fact that I was spending more of my time managing and learning their HUGE system than I was thinking about the impact of the learning material I was creating. When my learners told me they "just wanted to know what they had to do" I wasn't able to act on that feedback and make learning easier within the bounds of the LMS world. It was just more difficult than it was worth. Lesson.ly has been a breath of fresh air for me! It has less features than an LMS (on purpose) because they have realized that if the learning isn't simple, the learner won't want to engage with it. I highly recommend checking them out if you want to simplify your learning strategy and increase your employee's productivity and on-the-job confidence.

Pros: Ease of use and helpful service team.

Cons: I have to use a lot of other software to manipulate images, videos, etc...because Lesson.ly doesn't include much in the way of content or design within the software.

Team Lead, Business Development Representatives
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2019

"Lessonly is a Lifesaver"

Comments: I am a sales manager and I use Lessonly almost every day. I build lessons to review sales best practices and to test their knowledge. I also use the video recording feature for the reps to record their elevator pitches or any role playing scenarios.

Pros: -Ability to make lessons to review best practices
-Video recording for sales pitches
-Quizzes and test over sales training
-Continued training

Cons: Needs to fix a couple of bugs with copy and paste feature, but other than that it is great!

• Reviewed on 18/03/2019
Learning & Engagement Manager
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/04/2019

"Very Easy to Learn and Implement"

Pros: I never had any formal training, but was able to pick this up quickly and easily - that is the sign of great, easy to use software. Customer service is quick to respond and VERY helpful as well which is lovely.

Cons: More ability to do things in bulk (bulk upload, bulk tag) would make an easy to use software even easier to use!

• Reviewed on 2/04/2019
Matt B.
Education & Safety Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2016

"A great platform for employee learning"

Comments: Working with the Lesson.ly team has been fantastic. They are incredibly responsive to customer needs and concerns. They have helped me through every step of the development and roll-out process. Lessons are incredibly easy to build. They are also rolling out new features frequently. I've really enjoyed developing my content and sharing it with my employees. They've also enjoyed a new format for learning - one where they're not listening to me lecture all the time! Not SCORM compatible, but that's the only major inconsistency with other LMS platforms. I recommend Lesson.ly, especially for small education departments like me!

Pros: Lessons are easy to build. They frequently add new content for free. It is reasonably priced for small organizations. The staff is incredibly responsive and helpful. It works well with a lot of content which can be embedded.

Cons: Not SCORM compliant - this is common to other LMS platforms. Also, the gradebook could use some more views - but they're working on it!

Ariell C.
cx associate
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/12/2019

"Great Product!"

Comments: In the almost year I've been using it I've found it very easy and useful. I honestly have no complaints.

Pros: It makes for quick training sessions and allows individuals to self serve. Working in customer service we don't always have time for everyone to be together at the same time for an update or training refresher. But we can all find 10-20 minutes to complete a lessonly applied to us.

Cons: There is nothing that has really proven to be a problem. The search option is helpful, the layout makes sense, the features are easy to use and find. LOVE IT!

• Reviewed on 3/12/2019
Toby M.
Head of Operations
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2018

"Great product but very expensive"

Pros: The setup is very easy and the UI looks professional and slick.
Building new content is relatively easy to do and to assign to users.
The customer service is generally very good and the service is professional.

Cons: It is very expensive software, and although it is effective - I am not sure the price can be fully justified.
Annoying we have issues assigning some lessons to people - the software seems to have issues with certain email addresses which is unhelpful.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2018
Kashif Q.
Training Manager
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2016

"Great Team at Lesson.ly"

Comments: Lesson.ly has great customer service! Prompt and individualized service. Completely changed how we train our staff.

Pros: Very easy to use.

Cons: Reporting.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2016
Mj W.
Director of Ops
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/11/2017

"The entire site is very rudimentary with functions that are literally broken"

Comments: communal access to procedural info but I can do that through google docs

Pros: I do like the interface and how easy it is to navigate, i like that you have intercom but is takes too long to get someone to help

Cons: broken search functions, unintelligent functionality of some of the features, funny because as i type the characters in the box are not counting up as they should.

• Reviewed on 9/11/2017
John B.
SVP Sales & Marketing
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2017

"Easy to use for managers and sales reps"

Pros: Easy to build additional lessons as needed.. Software is simple for reps to log into and complete the training as required.

Cons: Nothing really. Perhaps the software can add features that provides best in class lessons for users and their customers.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2017
Director, Business Development
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"Great Coaching/On-Boarding Tool"

Comments: I think its a great tool and plan to implement at every company I work.

Pros: Great for on-boarding reps and creating material for ongoing coaching and training around new internal and external processes.

Cons: Time-consuming creating the lessons along with UI naviationg is often an obsticle

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
PM
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2020

"Decent corporate learning management system"

Comments: Easy to build lessons, easy to assign lessons, could have some improvement in monitoring lesson completion.

Pros: WYSIWYG lesson builder interface is pretty easy to use, and that means you can farm out the lesson creation entirely to non-technical folks. Assignment functionality is decently easy to use and the ability to select groups makes life a lot easier... don't have to keep hunting and pecking for individuals.

Cons: Reporting of finished assignments could be more robust, especially at scale. Would be good to have more cuts of finished assignment data, ex. by geography.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2020
Johnny R.

"Love Lesson.ly!"

Comments: Lesson.ly is simple to use as both an admin and user, which allows you to spend more time on the stuff that actually matters... learning! At the same time, the options and features for creating, sharing, and tracking course materials are very robust and constantly improving. As we grow and expand our training needs, Lesson.ly is right by our side with amazing customer service and outreach. I am alway amazed by the new features, tips, and tricks and plan to continue to invest more time and resources in using Lesson.ly with our team.

Dillon G.
Advisor Development Team
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2018

"Teach yourself 2018"

Pros: I love how lessonly simplifies organizing large amounts of information and makes onboarding employees and customers easy and fun!

Cons: Lessonly is not great as database or resource center, especially if you have longer lessons. I'd recommend using a different platform if you want to have easy access to all the information for quick reference.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2018
Margaret T.
Network Management/Provider Relations
Insurance, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2017

"educational tool"

Comments: our company uses lessonly to educate all employees on various aspects of the company, which I have found valuable

Pros: ease of use

Cons: does not always allow you to go back if need to re-review

• Reviewed on 11/01/2017
Doran L.
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2016

"Lesson.ly in the healthcare arena"

Comments: Leeson.ly has streamlined and simplified the way we assign, track and update mandatory employee education. I can't imagine how we did this without it! And, I don't want to go back to those days! In healthcare, we are inundated with required training that occurs on a regular basis. Leeson.ly has taken all the pain out of the process.

Andreu H.
Customer Support Supervisor

"Love Lesson.ly"

Comments: Lesson.ly is a super versatile tool for teaching. It provides an quick and easy to use format that even incorporates pictures and video. It is one of my favorite ways to share ideas.

Pros: I like how easy it is to learn and use.

Cons: I don't dislike anything about Lesson.ly.

Daniel C.
Sales Development Representative
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2018

"Really clever way to increase team learning!"

Pros: I really like how simple they have made the system. It is intuitive and makes it easy to bring teammates in and wards off the "onboarding blues"

Cons: I don't think I can honestly pick out anything that I didn't like. This is a great product that certainly helps bigger companies that are onboarding and training frequently.

• Reviewed on 20/06/2018
Miranda A.
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2016

"My HR Brain LOVES Lesson.ly!"

Comments: As a Human Resources Manager, this makes sending and grading all of my annual mandatory compliance lessons SOOOO much easier. Not to mention all of my on-boarding lessons with new hires. Love love love it. keep up the good work!

Ronnie J.
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2016

"Awesome tool!"

Comments: Lessonly has been a great tool for sharing information, and an easy and unique way of packaging training materials and recording progress.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2016
Serge G.
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2016

"I think this is a good tool."

Comments: Every time we need to communicate important information to our staff, this is the best solution to get the word out.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2016
Alexis S.
Client Experience Specialist
Cosmetics, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/07/2018

"Lessonly is the least bit boring and makes training interactive!"

Pros: My manager was able to add gifts and make the Lessonly trainings very interactive and fund. Also easy to navigate.

Cons: The questions were very easy to answer from a user standpoint. I'm not quite sure how great that is for an admin stand point though.

• Reviewed on 6/07/2018
Trav W.
Chief Human Resources Officer
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/02/2021

"Great platform and great people!"

Comments: I love Lessonly. I'd like to see improvements to the gradebook and have pre-made content available, but neither of these things are dealbreakers. The LlamaNation community is a huge "pro" and one of the biggest differentiators between Lessonly and other LMS platforms. I am proud to be a llama! I highly recommend Lessonly to anyone looking for an intuitive LMS for creating custom content.

Pros: Lessonly's platform is super easy to use to create custom, engaging L&D content. And if you ever get stuck, they have fantastic employees ready to help and a customer community for additional support.

Cons: The ONLY downside to Lessonly is that everything must be created. There is no (to my knowledge) out of the box content. Lessonly should hire us to create that for them!

• Reviewed on 5/02/2021
Director of People
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Easy to use, perfect learning tool for nimble companies!"

Comments: The Lessonly team is beyond good. They are helpful, responsive, kind, and you can tell that they obviously have a fun time doing it all! I have found them to be very receptive to product recommendations, etc.

Pros: Lessonly is VERY easy for users. They rarely have to ask for help in accessing and completing their assignments. It is customizable and has great design that makes it feel like a forward thinking learning platform.

Cons: I would love more pre-loaded trainings. For a small team, it is hard to keep up with content creation.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2021