15 years helping New Zealand businesses

About Pabau

Enhance your patient care with Pabau. Easily manage patient information, appointments, billing, and more — in one place. Book a demo.

Learn more about Pabau

Pros:

Fully integrated product with excellent support.

Cons:

Can be difficult to use, and complicated to set up.

Pabau ratings

4.3
4.5
4.5
4.4

8.1/10

Pabau has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 411 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Pabau before?

Bernardo
Bernardo
Founder & CEO in Spain
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

Highly recommendable software for clinics and groups of clinics

Comments: Superb

Pros:

The specific reason for which I selected Pabau is that it has an excellent scheduling feature for multi clinic operations. This was an essential feature for me and is working flawlessly. After that, the training is excellent, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been spectacular to help us get into the software.

Cons:

So far nothing really; I would make the CRM section a bit more comprehensive, nevertheless, as we can customise it, it is not an issue at all.

Ellen
Registered nurse in Australia
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Excellent crm

5.0 last week New

Comments: Good customer service, easy to use setup, easy to find information

Pros:

It’s got mostly everything I need minus few features that are coming soon

Cons:

A few features aren’t ready that I thought were already functioning

4 days ago

Hi Ellen, Thank you so much for your review - we are thrilled to have you onboard! We're constantly rolling out new features and updates – keep an eye for our newsletter! As a reminder, you can book a call with our Success team anytime to make sure you are getting the most out of our system: UK hours: https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting US hours: https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting-us Best wishes, Thiago

Maryam
Founder, Surgeon in UK
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

Poor customer service

2.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall Pabau does what it needs to until it doesnt. The software glitches and customer service is appalling. THE ABSOLUTE WORST. I have not been able to see my schedule for over 7 weeks and keep being told that it is in the process of being rectified by 'x' date and it does not. I can not speak to anyone and I am stuck. Find a company with better support!

Pros:

I had used it at a different practice and wanted to stay consistent

Cons:

Pabau has THE WORST customer service. Do not expect to speak to anyone. There is a standard response and issues routinely take 6-8 weeks to rectify. I have had 2 issues in the last two years and both incredibly frustrating- there is no contact person and there is no accuracy to when they will fix a problem. There is no apology and no attempt to help the situation.

2 weeks ago

Maryam We both know this review is littered with inaccuracies and we communicated on email and showed our team had in fact been more than helpful with your issues. The nature of development is some issues take longer to solve than others based on priority and how many clients are impacted, we are more than happy to deal with clients and work with them to make the system better , but when faced with nothing but lies from someone who supposedly understands how reviews can impact a business it’s surprising you have taken it upon yourself to not only give an inaccurate review, but may put others off by the fact you have downright lied. Our offboarding team will be in touch to help you find a new provider as clearly Pabau is not for you.

Emma
Founder in UK

Pabau Support

Comments: I’ve personally been very pleased with the support. Generally issues are resolved quickly.

Pros:

The ability to market to clients based on treatment criteria & the reporting function is excellent

Cons:

Setting up templates isn’t straightforward if you’re used to using Windows

3 months ago

Thanks for the review Emma - please encourage your colleagues to also leave a review and send proof of this to [email protected] and you will receive 1000 SMS credits per review. Also, while I am here, make sure you have checked our new lessons on https://academy.pabau.com regarding templates and remember you can book 121 success meetings who can help you do this here:- https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting-us For anyone else considering Phorest - check here https://pabau.com/compare/phorest/

Sophie
Dentist in UK
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Pabau 2 Migration

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Generally very good, a few teething problems with the migration but I'm sure they'll get ironed out in due course

Pros:

I have recently been migrated over to Pabau 2 and I can see the benefits of the new system. The online booking integration reduces my clinic admin as patients can book directly online

Cons:

Customer service works but they take time to get back to you. Teething problems with the migration means some of my automated services set up previously aren'y currently working and need setting up again

last week

Hi Sophie, Thank you for your review, and we're thrilled to have you on board Pabau 2! Indeed there are some automations that need to be set up again with the upgrade – it would be covered on the 'Upgrading to Pabau 2 guide'. If you have any questions or need assistance, you can book a 121 meeting anytime with the team, 21 hours a day via the folllowing links: https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting-us You can also get instant support via support.pabau.com and log a ticket for anything outstanding via mytickets.pabau.com. Thiago

Sadiq
Practice Owner in UK

Pabau for an Aesthetic Clinic

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: The onboarding process was very slow for a brand-new clinic with no data to migrate. Most of the support staff have limited knowledge and are unable to provide immediate assistance. The platform has basic bugs that are common in any software platform, indicating a lack of thorough testing before releasing features to the public. Many features in Pabau 2 depend on the original Pabau, requiring tweaks in Pabau 1 for them to function correctly in Pabau 2.

Pros:

I found several aspects of Pabau particularly beneficial: Online Booking System: The ability to create links for specific treatments is a standout feature. It simplifies the booking process for clients and allows for targeted promotion of particular services. Cloud-Based Platform: The cloud-based nature of Pabau ensures that data is securely stored and accessible from anywhere. This enhances flexibility and convenience, making it easy to manage appointments and client information on the go.

Cons:

System Performance: The system can be quite slow at times, which impacts efficiency and productivity. Onboarding Process: The onboarding process is also slower than expected, which can be frustrating for new users eager to get started. Customer Success: The Customer Success experience leaves much to be desired mainly because Customer Success staff were not trained on Pabau 2 features or how to use them. Customer Retention Focus: Customer retention should be a core aspect of every interaction. Ensuring that users feel valued and supported can significantly improve overall satisfaction. System Bugs: There are still multiple bugs present in the system despite it being in the production environment. Addressing these issues promptly would enhance the user experience and reliability of the platform.

Shiela
Clinical Director in Nigeria

Enjoy using Pabau

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Makes scheduling , EMR easy. The automated features are great too.

Cons:

In the journey from the Pabau App. When it’s time to choose a consent form and you mistakenly click on the wrong consent form , it can’t be corrected. There is no provision to go back and select the correct consent form. This needs to be fixed asap

last week

Hi Shiela, Thanks for the review – we are happy to have you on board. Please encourage anyone else on your team to leave an honest review of the system, and we will credit them with 1,000 SMS credits. Just let us know at [email protected] once they've left their review! Regarding the app journey, I’m pleased to inform you that it is possible to reset the consent form if you pick the wrong one – try swiping left, and it should reset! You can also book 1-to-1 success meetings to ensure you are getting the most out of our system anytime here: https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting-us Thiago

Neetika
Director in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Pabau is a learning curve but is delivering on its promises

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Customer support is really easy and responsive

Cons:

There are still some features I am not fully sure we are using properly and it can be difficult to work out how to optimise our use of the system. I feel there is more functionality than we are utilising.

Celeste
Owner, RN in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

It's great if you know how to navigate it.

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It's relatively simple and easy to use, with the help of customer support they make solving problems easy.

Pros:

Everything is integrated into the software. Features that are coming are why I purchased with Pabau and am anxiously waiting to be able to use them.

Cons:

There are multiple steps you have to take in order to accomplish one goal, for example making a member available for online bookings.

Edgar
Manager in UK

Simplifies Clinic Operations with Ease

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

What I liked most about the Pabau app is its user-friendly interface and comprehensive patient management system. The appointment scheduling feature is particularly impressive, allowing for seamless booking and automated reminders. Additionally, the app’s ability to integrate with other systems and its robust reporting tools make it an invaluable resource for managing my practice efficiently

Cons:

What I liked least about the Pabau app is the occasional lag when accessing certain features, which can slow down workflow. Additionally, the initial setup and customization process was a bit complex and time-consuming. It would be beneficial if the app had more intuitive navigation and streamlined onboarding for new users.

Luisa
Aesthetic Nurse in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Excellent system for medi clinics with updated features all the time.

Pros:

I like the team behind it they have always been very helpful and responsive. The technology is always improving and I have seen massive improvements in the last year or so which has benefited my business immensely. The training webinars they have are amazing!

Cons:

Some features are more difficult to get to grips with or don’t work as well as planned. Mostly integrations.

2 years ago

Thank you so much Luisa! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help! We are also always happy to offer as much training as is required and have over 10 live webinars you can join to get the very best out of Pabau, you can find these in Setup > Training. Feel free to email [email protected] to get free training so you can get the best out of it and have more ease of use!

Mark
FD in UK

Getting better......

Comments: Mixed bag. When it's good, it's great (just got into using the online Questionnaires and Consents, which were nowhere near as daunting as I thought they would be). The focus on client service has also greatly improved in recent times - the operators genuinely try to help, and are polite and courteous. The training webinars are a great idea too.

Pros:

The integration of various facets of running our practice.

Cons:

The down times, or the times when it lags significantly, which occur too often. Also, the basic SLA terms are limited, and even the more advanced SLA you can pay for only gives a certain (and fairly small) amount of cover. But of ocurse that wouldn't matter if there weren't downtimes, or slowness.

3 years ago

Thank you so much! We are in the process of building Pabau 2 which will be more powerful and faster in every aspect. We have also worked to move many clinics to a designated domain and server to make sure thigs are faster and smoother than ever. If you have any suggestions that you want to give for this do send them to our community page so the team can review them. https://community.pabau.com/

Zunaid
Director in UK

Great software! Excellent functionality

Comments: Great so far! Online zoom training was really good and helped to answer a lot of questions

Pros:

Easy to use and figure out. Most things customisable.

Cons:

Forgetting to refresh the iPad after entering records on desktop

3 months ago

Thanks for the review - we are happy to have you on-board. You can book 121 success meetings to make sure you are getting the most out of our system anytime here:- https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting-us For anyone considering us over the competitors mentioned please visit: https://pabau.com/compare/

Lee
Aesthetics Nurse Practititioner & Director in UK

Extremely comprehensive

Comments: So far its been a great experience from the sales team through onboarding and finally the training.

Pros:

The ability to free up the clinic of paper once and for all. Having tried a number of different software systems there has always been some paper somewhere. Pabau completely eliminates this. It has every feature you could dream of to reduce the workload. There's always someone available if you need help with the system as well.

Cons:

The only issue for me is the time it takes from enquiry to implementation and that not all of our clinics consent forms were uploaded before the launch day. That being said there was a lot of forms for the Pabau team to do and they hand make each form. So it's not so much that I like it least.

2 years ago

Thank you so much Lee! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Luz
Business Developer in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Great software - good online training - quick online chat answers

Comments: In general is good, quick online chat, great online training, system works well and covers a lot of areas needed to work.
It could definitely improve on the way the forms are set up, have more flexibility there. Another area of improvement is again the online chat, making answers more user friendly, not so much it based.
There are still some areas that need some twitching (forms flexibility / prescriptions not linking to inventory / Xero integration) but so far Pabau has showed that they do understand user needs and make sure they react to feedback, hence me doing this today.

Pros:

The way the have been able to ensure that they users learn - the online trainings are really good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing!

Cons:

Customer support - it is not possible to talk to the developers and that means that customer services responses are fast but limited to repeating what the developers tell them in it terms that are little use to those with no it brains. I was having a problem with Xero integration and the answers I was getting were limited, it took a lot of research from my part to work out what they meant and how to make them work, still there is an error showing up and the answer I got was : "Despite all the errors and information you can see, the system will never sync a Bank Account code full stop." Not helpful at all, I am sure they could do better as I can imagine a lot of people asks these same questions. I could give you a document with the correct steps of how to do it now.

3 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. Here at Pabau we have a support team that can help and guide you and that now respond in less than 2 minutes. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any reason! Over the last 3 months our customer satisfaction ratings on our live chat have been above 95% with an average 1 minute first response time and 25 minutes to fully resolve issues. We have dealt with over 21,000 conversations in the last year, so hopefully you will not hesitate to contact us! While you can't communicate directly to the developers at the moment there is a way for developers to see your ideas so please go to the community and post all ideas you have to improve the system there and the team will be able to review them! https://community.pabau.com/

Brett
Office Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Absolutely horrific

Comments: We decided to go with Pabau because it was the cheapest option at the time and was also more geared toward medical spas and IV therapy. We met with our Pabau account manager weekly to work toward implementing Pabau with our operations. However, we ran into problem after problem after problem. There were bugs, glitches, changes weren't saving, and we could not complete simple tasks. The interface, while new and modern looking, simply was complicated to navigate. We were also told we could integrate Pabau with our website and even our account manager admitted after the fact, that it is too glitchy to implement. After countless hours, days, and months, we decided to try a new software called Mangomint. It has been night and day. Mangomint was available 24/7 via life chat, email, and phone call. They assisted us and we got Mangomint implemented in ONE DAY. Since then, we have seen an increase in sales. We reached out to Pabau and they are unwilling to give us a refund (not even a partial refund). We are NOT HAPPY with Pabau and would NOT recommend them to any company. Do not use Pabau.

Pros:

Pabau offers a lot of features (this is the biggest pro) and it is more geared toward medical spa and IV therapy.

Cons:

There are a TON of glitches and bugs. Our account manager was not available and rarely responded to emails. They did warn us about bugs and glitches, however, we could not implement or use this software WHATSOEVER with our operations. We switched to Mangomint (HIGHLY RECOMMEND) and were able to implement Mangomint in ONE DAY (just a few hours). Mangomint is also cheaper than Pabau. After switching to Mangomint, we did $1,700 in sales our first day launching our company. It's embarrassing when our Pabau account manager was unable to show us how to do things with the software, because even he ran into bugs and glitches.

3 months ago

Hi Brett - we can see you did not complete your onboarding or setup fully, so it is no surprise you didnt manage to use the system well. As per our terms and conditions, a lot of time was spent on your setup on our side and when we invoked our terms, and did not complete the refund, you have decided to leave the negative review because of this. We wish you all the best with the new provider. For those wanting to see a full review of Pabau vs Mangomint - check here:- https://pabau.com/compare/mangomint/

Natalie
Aesthetic Nurse / clinic owner in UK

Excellent software

Comments: pleased

Pros:

Our company has used pabau software for 2 years. The services Pabau provides our company is first class to the text reminders, to the paperless consent forms and documentation to the online booking - it has given our clinic a professional look and we are very pleased with the system.

Cons:

Customer service support emails take a while to reply (sometimes 3 - 4 days) I have had an existing problem that’s still not been rectified - my consent forms when detailing where I’ve injected on the diagram when saved if I go back in the drawings all my documentation has moved to the right. That you can only use on Apple iPad and can only download from Apple store.

3 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. Here at Pabau we have a support team that at the moment respond in less than 2 minutes that can help guide you and help you correct any mistakes you have made! Do not hesitate to contact us for any reason! Over the last 3 months, our customer satisfaction ratings on our live chat have been above 95%, with an average 1 minute first response time and 25 minutes to fully resolve issues. We have dealt with over 21 thousand conversations in the last year, so hopefully you will not hesitate to contact us with all issues big and small! We have been developing a new marketing leading app for over 1.5 years here is a link to a demo s you can have a look at it. https://marvelapp.com/prototype/d6aih0h/screen/63899119

Sue
Managing Director in UK

Problems, problems, problems

Comments: I have been using Pabau now for 8 months as I wanted a system that was mobile and would offer me a paper free environment. Pabau promised so much but has so far under-delivered. The main desktop version is fine for booking appointments and creating invoices but using the database for marketing within Pabau is not good. The mobile app is useless. I am constantly contact support because one thing or another fails to work. In the past 8 months I have had problems on a weekly basis. I am now unable to upload photographs onto patient notes and the app constantly freezes and crashes. I also wanted a reliable way of creating digital consent forms. This is currently working fine. The support guys are friendly but they are rarely able to sort out any problems. Instead they just report the problem to the developers. After 8 months of problems I am almost at the end of my tether. I often wish I had stayed with my old cloud based system. Clinic Office may not have offered all the fancy advantages, but it was a stable system and it was reliable. In 3 years I think I only had to report a problem once or twice and the problem was dealt with there and then. I will stick with Pabau a while longer because it is too stressful to change software again and if Pabau finally sort out these ongoing problems I will happily come back and update my review but at the moment, I only give it 2 stars.

Pros:

Offers a lot of functions

Cons:

It is unstable and a lot of the functions either do not work or keep crashing the programme.

3 years ago

Thank you for the review Sue! We have been developing a new marketing leading app for over 1.5 years here is a link to alive Demo so you can see what it offers. https://marvelapp.com/prototype/d6aih0h/screen/63899119 We have also launched Advanced Marketing so do reach out to us to see about using this powerful marketing tool if you need a boost there. As we are the process of building Pabau form the ground up to be a more reliable and faster system please fell free to post any ideas you have in the community forum. https://community.pabau.com/

Luke
Podiatrist / Partner in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Fantastic Software when it works

Comments: Well thought out software which tackles almost all of our requirements. However, very frustrating that there are new major issues on a weekly and almost daily basis. Without these constant issues this software would be unbeatable. As it stands, I am currently looking into possible alternative software providers.

Pros:

The features are great and plentiful. Really well thought out software. Easy to use and it’s great that its accessible on multiple devices in multiple locations. Functionality that other software does not have.

Cons:

Software constantly has issues, features regularly don’t work. Integrated payment system has issues and has lost us income. Online booking system has had issues. Issues between patients accessing information dependant on what device they are using.

3 years ago

Thank you for the review Luke. Sorry to hear you have has this difficulty with the system. We are always upgrading our system and keeping up to date with the newest payment and security technologies. Juts this year we have introduced Apple and Google pay to make your Online Booking even more effective. We are in the process of building Pabau 2 which will be more powerful and faster in every aspect. Do reach out to us on the live chat so we can discuss how you can continue using the system to further help you on! I am also offering you free one on one training with one of our training experts! Do contact us and we can set this up!

Kirsty
Clinical Director in UK
Medical Practice, Self Employed

Great Software

Comments: Great customer care. I'm a night owl so even had replies from staff at 11pm which i was expecting the next day to answer questions. I wasn't pushed with a hard sell which was nice! Ive interacted with most staff as ive asked multiple questions daily as ive set the system up and always received a speedy helpful response. Very friendly, welcoming staff with great systemising and automation software!

Pros:

I purchased this for when we reopen. I was considering taking a new member of staff on to do all the implementing and automation as well as stock control etc. all the bits I dont have time to do but purchased the software instead. It allows me to run reports at my own convenience. I enjoy that it ha content blocks on as i rent from various areas and I dont want them to access my performance and cash flow etc yet they can still book in my clients. Im very visual and so is this program you can simple colour code, add clients and staff photos etc.

Cons:

Its a little tricky to use at first but easy to learn. I am an android fan as ive had to purchase an ipad for clients journeys etc which was a pain so that i can use the app,

3 years ago

Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Maria
RGN INP in UK

Leader in clinic software

Comments: The staff are always willing to help, my experience has been mixed when it’s working it’s excellent but when there are hiccups is disastrous (more the fact that we can’t work without it). I would describe it as a love hate relationship.

Pros:

I like how I can manage the day to day running of the clinic having all the tools and technology at the touch of a button. I also like how visual the software is making it user friendly.

Cons:

I find the set up very technical which is frustrating because I could get so much more from PABAU. I have been with PABAU since its infant years and there has been numerous updates which we just can’t keep up with. It would be good to speak to someone as email communication is not always desirable.

3 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. Here at Pabau we have a support team that at the moment respond in less than 2 minutes that can help guide you and help you. We also do phone calls so feel free to request one if you need to! We are also always happy to offer as much training as is required and have over 10 live webinars you can join to get the very best out of Pabau, you can find these in Setup > Training.

Hrafnkell
Doctor in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

The best in market

Comments: Very positive and we plan to stay with them long-term.

Pros:

Pabau has more functionality and flexibility than any other similar product on the market I know of. The customer support is instantaneous through messaging or phone - we always get instant help if we have any issues and the team are polite and try their best every time. The program is also in constant development and Pabau listens and reacts well to development requests, when needed.

Cons:

The marketing and retargeting aspect of the software can be developed more, but has come on leaps and bounds this past year or so. It is now a very powerful tool for this purpose as well as all it's other great functionality.

Kate
senior secretary in UK

doctors practice

Comments: The paperless system is fantastic. We are a doctors practice and its a very busy practice. The system works extremely well. It saves time, its colourful and its extremely easy to use.

Pros:

We are a small business with a staff of 5 and the system gives us all equal information at any time . Any of us can pick up on a lead and take over. Its calendar is fantastic as you can see at a glance the type of patients booked. It is a paperless system which has saved us hours of scanning in notes. You either right or left click on a patient booked to have access to there information. Its possible to do templates to personize the letters. Its also just so easy and logical to use.

Cons:

The least favourite aspect is the help line contact via Email. It is a very good service but i do miss the face to face aspect when you have a problem or a phone call with some one to explain your problem However I will admit the glitches we have had have all been sorted quickly either in minutes or days. We had a problem putting the GP details on patient files but Pabau fixed this .

3 years ago

Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help or to request a call as well if that is easier for you!

Nicola
MLD Therapist in UK

Webinar training

Comments: My overall experience has been very positive and I love the product. It saves me lots of time regarding admin and my patients love it.

Pros:

I paid for the integration and it was worth every penny. It was so super easy. I had great training at the beginning. The system is so clever and does so much that it's worth the money I pay. As a sole trader it has saved me so much time through automation of so many aspects of my business.

Cons:

One of the main reason I joined was to be able to process packages of treatment. I can set them up and assign appointments myself from the packages but I am still unable to allow my patients to do so. I take up front payment and, apparently, that is why. I can't understand, why, if someone has already paid in full, they cannot book appointments from the package they have paid for. No one has managed to answer that. I would love a solution to this issue. I would also like to be able to set my diary up with specific appointments times instead of having to force this by creating off blocks every hour. Creates so much work.

Saied
Clinic Administrator / Manager in UK
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

Great Software

Comments: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is an excellent at his job and as part of the Onboarding Team he takes his role very seriously and was available at all times I got stuck - Thank you so much

Pros:

Pabau is a complete practice management application and its right up our street - does what it says on the box and more. and love the features on the application, Very good online security and can manage all the services from one page, and the patient management is superb.

Cons:

They need to intergrate other online payment option as STRIPE and our current provider means we have to cost to meet - yes I can cancel the other but we have a better deal with the current provider

3 years ago

Thank you so much Saied! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help! The idea for more payment providers is excellent! Do feel free to give any idea you have on how to improve at out community page. We love hearing from you! https://community.pabau.com/