• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.9 /5

About Sender

Sender makes it easy for e-commerce marketers to send effective automated marketing emails and drive more revenue.

Learn more about Sender

Thandile N.
Freelance
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 6/04/2021

"Simply the best!"

Comments: I wanted a ood and easy email marketing service with a good price and this makes me happy.

Pros: Maybe the best thing is the cost when stood out from what I was using before I have put to the side money after the principle multi day stretch of usage. Its mind boggling for my online business, clients and they love it, it transforms into a remarkable help that has become part of my ordinary commitment. Absolutely easy to use. Very generous even in on free plan with 2500 subscribers. Value for money!

Cons: To be honest with you, ever since I started using this, I've been completely satisfied.

• Reviewed on 6/04/2021
Wayne S.
Business Supplies & Equipment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2021

"Great Value"

Comments: Good inexpensive way for me to stay in touch with my customers and prospects

Pros: Ease of Use. Great Value. Good Customer Service.

Cons: No 'cons' presently. The new update is fantastic.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2021
Change catalyst
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/08/2019

"Great tool at good price point"

Comments: If your starting with email marketing and MailChimp isn't for you then this might be a great choice.

Pros: Easy to use interface
Good price point
Fast and helpful customer service
Decision trees and more

Cons: I could not find some of the questions I had in an online manual
Not many out of the box integrations available

• Reviewed on 3/08/2019
Beth M.
Executive Director
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2021

"Sender Is An Excellent Choice"

Comments: This product is excellent and inexpensive. It's a really fantastic platform for our non-profit and helps us keep connected to the community we serve without a great expense. The support is second to none. I don't think I have never worked with such a responsive support team, ever. It's almost instantaneous and they actively work with you to correct concerns and fix bugs if you find them. I really appreciate them so much!

Pros: The ease of use and point and click editor/formatting are excellent. They are always working to improve it. Even when I think it's working great already, they make changes that improve the experience.

Cons: I do not find this difficult to use. It is very user intuitive and takes no time to figure out and be on your way to creating really stunning newsletters. It actually took me a few months before I took the time (COVID interrupted) to really understand how much it could do, and once I had the opportunity, within one newsletter week, I was able to upgrade our newsletter reader experience a lot. If there was one thing I wish was different about it, it would be that I think I would like the newsletter browser version to be available as soon as I schedule the email version send. This way, I could schedule the social and website posts that share it at the same time as I schedule the email version to go out. Right now, I have to wait until it actually gets sent before it's available in the browser version to share. I understand this may be a coding and timing issue that can't be resolved. It would just be a time saver for me if it could.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2021
Joe C.
CEO/Designer/Engineer
Computer Games, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 4/09/2019

"Great Product. Very easy to use."

Comments: They've been great. Their product is easy to use and whenever I've done something silly, and can't figure something easy out....they've been exceptionally quick in helping out and solving my problem.

Pros: Let my emails/newsletter reach the professional level.

Cons: No complaints at all, great product, simple to use, excellent support

• Reviewed on 4/09/2019
Christian M.
Self-employed
Civic & Social Organisation, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 4/04/2020

"Sender meets my requirements"

Comments: I have been using Sender to circulate a weekly newsletter to some 1300 addressees. We are a non-profit, with no budget, so I chose the free version. Yet, when I needed advice on my first mailing, I received an immediate, clear, detailed assistance by chat.
The help I needed was really due to my incompetence in all IT things, for I realised after the first mailings that navigating the site is easy. My best advice is to use the testing functionality. There is a possibility to view your message as it will appear on a computer screen and on a smartphone, but go further and send the intended email to yourself and a couple of friends on different mail platforms. Then correct what doesn't look right.
Adding/deleting addresses is easy. The system manages the Unsubscribes. A report comes back after every mailing showing how many recipients opened the email, and what links they clicked.
Formatting, at least for the template I chose, is easily adaptable.
This is exactly the solution I could hope for.

Pros: Prompt assistance by chat, ease of use,

Cons: My requirements are limited, and I see nothing would improve my experience

• Reviewed on 4/04/2020
Ms. beth F.
Academic Dean
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2020

"Solid email marketing platform"

Comments: I set up a sequence of emails to employees, they automatically get added to a list. Made my job easier - all employees are informed about company events, like parties, workshops and training. Email insights are brilliant. Can keep track of who opens the emails and such.

Pros: The simplicity approach blows my mind. No unneeded utility. The learning curve isn’t steep. it's perfect for me

Cons: No suggestions or complaints. Enough power under the hood for me. they are actually concern about our need.

• Reviewed on 27/04/2020
Kaedrian U.
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2020

"Sender is Amazing!"

Comments: Saves so much time and encourages a beginner like me.

Pros: I love how non-complicated the interface is, and how smooth it goes. The verification process was also very quick. A quick look at the screen, and you already know how it goes. Of course, there will be some questions but the learning process is really quick. The flow and how all the buttons are set up is really logical. And it is so smooth. Not clunky and lag. I am loving it!
Customer service is also quick to respond, polite, and has common sense.

Cons: I have only used it for a while so I cannot say yet what is lacking. However, I did not find a way to tag audiences so that may be one downside. But there is segmentation so you can work your way around it.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2020
Donnie H.
Assistant Director
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2020

"It's s a good alternative to Mailerlite"

Comments: After spending lots of money on other tools like Mailchimp, Mailerlite, even Hubspot, I found that Sender had everything that I needed, just for like a fraction of the monthly cost.

Pros: Easy to get going. Could send out my first emails not more than a day after signing up for an account. The pricing is appealing.

Cons: It could have more advanced photo editing software built-in (cause I need that), but that's not really its job.

• Reviewed on 20/06/2020
Marcelo F.
marketing assistant
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2017

"Overall experience is good"

Pros: It is an agile and easy to use tool. Good organization of the shipments, being able to set the week in advance.

Cons: I had a problem updating the subscriber lists, but was quickly resolved by technical support.
Also, it would be very helpful to have more facility to generate new custom designs.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2017
Rhonda D.
Event innovator
  • Reviewed on 6/02/2018

"WONDERFUL"

Pros: I love the support aspect, I have repeatedly received quick, helpful and outstanding service. Also newsletters display quickly in emails.

Cons: I don't like that you cannot log in using your email address. But that's a small thing. Sender is totally worth using.

• Reviewed on 6/02/2018
Mary A.
Marketing Manager
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2020

"Great Customer Service"

Comments: I've only just started, but so far I'm happy with my first campaign!

Pros: Overall it's very easy to use, but when I did have questions the live chat function was invaluable - the best thing about the whole tool so far ;). Very friendly, quick and helpful.

Cons: I wish it included a feature to automatically send emails in the best time slot

• Reviewed on 16/04/2020
Ahmed M.
freelancer
Translation & Localisation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2021

"my sender experience"

Pros: ease of use and customer support are very attractive qualities in sender.

Cons: I'm fairly new to email marketing. If you could include some tips or guides to avoid being mistakenly flagged as a spammer.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2021
Bojan D.
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2021

"Promising"

Pros: Very easy to use , good customer service, operator [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] answered within 20 seconds ...

Cons: I'm still learning, but it looks promising to me

• Reviewed on 27/01/2021
Majid A.
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2018

"It's Recommended"

Comments: We are boosting our email marketing

Pros: 1-Ease of us
2-Value for money
3-Online support
4-Very fast in sending emails.
5-Good and Complete API

Cons: 1-Help documents are complete or at least I could not find whatever I was looking for
2-They need some soft improvements in their UX. I couldn't find some features before asking help from their good online support

• Reviewed on 22/05/2018
April A.
Director/ Owner
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/05/2018

"Excellent executive from the help desk, was very helpful and jumped on the platform live to attend"

Comments: I already recommended the product

Pros: Easy to use and personalise and it obviates mail not going to JUNK. It was easy to upload material , lists, and user interface is friendly. Mostly it allows you to save others don't have that basic feature.

Cons: I could not work out the mail merge feature immediately but support quickly help navigate that . FAQ and videos need to be clearer and visible some were not so make sure it is clear

• Reviewed on 8/05/2018
Public Relations
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/12/2018

"I realy Like it"

Pros: Blocks that can make an interesting email.

Cons: i just started using this software i haven't seen any cons yet.

• Reviewed on 4/12/2018
Dan B.
Student
International Affairs, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2017

"Great overall experience. Easy to use."

Pros: Ease of use, price, the attentive support. Everytime I write to them, my problem gets solved. One of the main things that help ensure I am satisfied.

Cons: Pricing can use a redesign, but this is a minor con. Also, I would like to see an API tutorial in the future.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2017
Rod B.
Senior Consultant
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2018

"Helpful in producing polished communications"

Comments: Still evaluating.

Pros: I liked it's ability to track the fate of any communication sent out, tracking opening and clicks.

Cons: I like least not being able to add an attachment. The only way around that is to add a button sending the viewer to a file.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2018
Marinó V.
Developer
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018

"Cheap, easy to use"

Pros: The plans are very good and suit me well. They make it simple to use and leave out uneccesary functionality.

Cons: The docs for the API could be more detailed but they make up for it with really good customer support.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2018
Awogor M.
Editor In Chief
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2021

"My Best In Terms of Email Deliverability"

Comments: Sender is the best email autoresponder out there that guarantees you quality at a convenient price that doesn't have to cut a leg or shake your bank. I love everything about them from customer service to service delivery. It literally takes 2 seconds for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to respond to live chat.

Pros: Sender has repeatedly proved to be the smartest and most effective in terms of email deliverability after comparing my campaigns on Aweber, ConvertKit, and Sender. The fact that it only cost $11 to maintain 5000 subscribers makes me say wow... The fact I can use my PayPal account to pay in place of a credit card makes me want to stick with them forever as I hate to link my credit card.

Cons: I'm not sure if this is a con, but I'm just hoping I still need to learn more about their Tagging feature and audience segmentation. I'm sure they have it.

• Reviewed on 23/02/2021
Flavio G.
Musician
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2021

"Kudos for an excellent app and superb customer support!"

Comments: The user experience and value for the price, contemplating business growth & scalability, etc. has been really well thought out. The pricing is one of the best around and I find it very reasonable (I'm not yet a paying customer, as I'm just starting out and have a very small audience so far, but I have compared prices with other providers, as I know I will be jumping on a 'starter' plan some time soon).

Pros: I'm very impressed overall with this company. I've been shopping around for a good email newsletter provider and have tried a handful already. Sender has beat them all on every count for me. The functionality is straight forward and clean (not cluttered with a noisy UI), the design experience is also clean and aesthetically pleasing (and a breeze to use, as opposed to other editors that are either clunky or cumbersome). And, most importantly, amazing customer service! The response times are quick, and the agents are knowledgeable (don't have to a ticket number around to higher levels unnecessarily), friendly, and straight forward. Congrats!!

Cons: I had a small glitch with the segmentation feature but it was quickly fixed by the tech team. Perhaps the campaign editing sequence could be laid out in a single window/process and accessible at all times (as opposed to having to "save & exit" a campaign in process in order to go back a step? For example, I found it hard to find how to rename a campaign (though I eventually found my way around) – but really, it's a minor detail, this UI interface is MUCH, much cleaner than all the rest I've seen.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2021
Pempho K.
Strategist
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/02/2021

"Awesome Customer service"

Comments: Awesome customer experience, I was coming from Sendinblue, where I had an issue. Sender really showed me the value of live chat help and service. Also it didn't feel like the person was just sticking to a script, they tried to understand my issue and explain.

Pros: ease of use, features and ease of setting up

Cons: I wish they had starter templates for their automations

• Reviewed on 3/02/2021
Ivy W.
Author
Publishing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 5/02/2021

"Great product"

Comments: Amazing!

Pros: I'm really impressed by sender. I was using mailchimp and its features were just slow and cumbersome. Sender's interface is smooth and easy to use and has features that I did not have access to with mailchimp.

Cons: I noticed my open rates went down when i switched but that could just be a me thing.

• Reviewed on 5/02/2021
David M.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 5/08/2020

"Worthiest email marketing tool out there"

Pros: the platform is incredibly intuitive, easy to navigate, simple to design emails on the go.

Cons: As of now, nothing, as a user everything looks good at the moment.

• Reviewed on 5/08/2020