15 years helping New Zealand businesses

About Motive

Live GPS Tracking, AI-powered Smart Dashcams, ELD Compliance, Dispatch, and Maintenance. See the #1-rated fleet management platform.

Learn more about Motive

Pros:

I like that this program is easy to use. Prior to our Company switching to a different program that integrated with our Company radios, and GPS, our drivers used KeepTruckin.

Cons:

We had to stop trucking due to truck and medical reasons. I contacted Keep Truckin and they refused to suspend my account.

Motive ratings

4.2

8.1/10

Motive has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 1,632 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Motive before?

Filter reviews (1,632)

Simon
Simon
Business Owner in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Already a very good solution on its way to become greater and greater

Pros:

The product is relatively easy and quick to subscribe to, deploy, and use. We love how beautiful and uncluttered their apps are (mobile and desktop). The most needed features are covered with Motive's basic subscription and when coupled with a higher subscription and AI real-time dashcams, Motive leads the way as a premier partner for trucking companies.

Cons:

We do not hesitate to use their 24/7 support (phone/chat) to better understand the product and to resolve issues. However, the best way to contact them is by phone as sometimes we tend to be less understood through the chat application and it happened several times we were left without a response for long periods of time. I recommend calling them directly for quick follow-ups and resolutions.

2 years ago

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with Motive (formerly KeepTruckin) services. For any further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Food & Beverages, Self Employed

Owner Operator using the app.

Comments: Like I said it's very easy to use and the logbook never glitches and the camera always has quality and easy to get a video when you need one

Pros:

The app and the devices never give me any problems as long as been using it. I prepaid for two years and now I don't have to worry about any monthly payments.

Cons:

My old app use to let me change the status from driving or to pc. Motive makes u stop for like 2 seconds before you change toys status.

10 months ago

Wow, thank you for the great review! We're so glad to hear that you're happy with our service! If you have any questions or need assistance, our support team is always here for you via email at [email protected] or by phone at (855) 434-3564. Our 24/7 support line is ready to assist you. Thanks again!

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Self Employed

Motive and the value it brings

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

How it accurately tracks your progress, hours of service, safety violations,and the truck routes to shippers and receivers.

Cons:

Its a great product. There's nothing to not love about Motive

3 weeks ago

Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you value Motive's accuracy in tracking progress, hours of service, safety violations, and truck routes to shippers and receivers. It's wonderful to know that you find our product meets your needs so well. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line at (855) 434-3564. We're always here to help!

Alanna
Safety Director in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11–50 Employees

Used to be top of their field. Going downhill fast

Pros:

I used to sing their praises - if they USED to be a solid platform, then there must be some remaining good bones in there somewhere. They need to get back to basics like knowledgeable customer service. It's super frustrating to call a support line and regularly end up telling the support staff "Yeah... that "solution" isn't going to fix this particular issue" and repeatedly be correct. Maybe they can find their way back to the stellar company they once were?

Cons:

Degrading support, connectivity issues mean that logs get thrown out of compliance - having to edit and assign drive time after the fact doesn't help drivers keep track of their time, etc. Unreliable.

2 years ago

We're so sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with Motive! We are interested in learning more about the difficulties that you are experiencing. Can you please email your comments to [email protected] or call our 24/7 support line at 855-434-3564? Thank you!

Whitney
Operations Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

If you are new to operating and transportation - Motive will be your best friend!

Comments: I'm a huge fan of Motive and would recommend to anyone in trucking or transportation.

Pros:

I am a huge fan of Motive (formerly Keeptruckin) the customer service is A+++! They are so quick to respond and help guide you or even your drivers to get set up. The app is very user friendly and keeps you on track and organized.

Cons:

It can be a little expensive, if you are starting your own Transporation company but this is well worth the money, as you will be glad this app does so much to keep you organized, especially when it is time to run IFTA reports.

2 months ago

Thank you for the fantastic review! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying our service. If you have any questions, our support team is here for you via email at [email protected] or by phone at (855) 434-3564, 24/7. Thanks again! 🎉

Justin
Safety and Compliance in Canada

Motive to Move

Comments: Motive was easy to set up with our client specialists, and great support during the set up of the program for our company. Any questions or concerns they answer as best as they can, and if it is a new issue they work on resolving it ASAP.

Pros:

Great customer support 24/7. They also have a community board where other users can discuss issues or concerns that they ran into on Motive, and how they solved the issue. Motive is active on this as well, answering any concerns as well as they can.

Cons:

The only concern i would say about motive is that it is not a satellite telematics service. In long haul trucking we travel to a lot of areas where there is no cell service, and this leads to issues/concerns with tracking the unit.

2 months ago

Thank you for the fantastic review. We're so glad to hear that you had a great experience with our service. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we're thrilled that we could exceed your expectations. If you know anyone who could use our help, please give them a shoutout! Thanks again. 🤗

Brian
owner in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Self Employed

Love the product... just needs a few tweeks

Comments: I have used a few other systems and this is by far better and easier to use.

Pros:

I love the ability to see my split log just by checking a box

Cons:

1) It would be nice see my recap with out having to go into DOT inspection mode. It should be listed right next to the graph. 2) The times on the graph at the end of each duty status should be in minutes NOT percent of an hour. 3) It would be great if there was an external button a driver could hit to mark and save a video file. So, even if they are not involved in an incident they can go back and find the file to be reviewed and sent to the police or concerned parties. As it is now, unless there is a event detected ie: hard braking or cornering etc, it is almost impossible to find the video. For example, if parked in a dock or at a truck stop and driver sees another truck hit somebody else's truck or damages property, it would be nice to be able to retrieve that video file.

3 years ago

Hi Brian, we are glad to hear that you like using KeepTruckin services. Surely, your feedback will be taken into great consideration by our engineering team and hopefully, in the near future, the mentioned features will be available for all our clients.

Renee
Safety Officer in Canada
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Motive is a great tool to manage your fleet!

Comments: Overall we are very impressed with Motive and will continue using it to boost our Preventative Maintenance program, lone worker program, and help us to remain compliant with regulations.

Pros:

We like that we can see details such as speeds, infractions, hazards, and maintenance items all in one place. Motive helps us to keep our drivers safe, while remaining compliant with regulatory bodies. Our preventative maintenance program has been greatly improved with the notifications of mechanical issues that may arise.

Cons:

The only con to Motive would be when the GPS signal drops. Unfortunately operating out of northern Canada, it can get patchy with reception and occasionally that does affect the performance of the GPS.

6 months ago

Tatiana

Think Twice before getting Motive

Comments: Difficult using the system and getting help

Pros:

Motive us hard to use and it not user friendly

Cons:

The customer service was not the best nor was the log book

5 months ago

Thank you for the wonderful review, Tatiana! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line at (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Rene
President in US

User Friendly

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I really like this product. Its very easy to use and navigate.

Pros:

You can use it anywhere to track drivers. Very user friendly.

Cons:

I run multiple reports daily. I would love to see more reporting features.

2 weeks ago

Thank you for your positive review! We're glad to hear that you find Motive user-friendly and convenient for tracking drivers anywhere. We appreciate your feedback about the reporting features and will consider it for future improvements. If you have any further suggestions or need assistance, please reach out to us at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line at (855) 434-3564. We're here to help!

Anthony
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2–10 Employees

ELD for a newbie

Pros:

As someone who had no prior knowledge to the transportation industry this has been the easiest way to learn. The customer service is unmatched. I’ve called at 3am for help because I did something wrong and at 8pm. Without fail I have always been able to speak with a real life individual who has helped me immensely and also walked me through the system. I have recommended KeepTruckin dozens of times because of all that listed above. I won’t ever go with another company so long as they keep this kind of service!

Cons:

To be honest there aren’t very many things wrong with this software. Usually the issue I have come across have been user error rather than interface.

3 years ago

Hi Anthony, Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that you find our app useful. Please help spread the word. Thanks!

Gary
Translation & Localisation, 11–50 Employees

Meh product.

Comments: Incredibly mediocre at best. It seems like Keep Truckin is more concerned with rolling out new features and gaining market share over fixing old issues and keeping current customers happy. We will not be renewing at the end of the contract. We require a more reliable ELD service.

Pros:

It has many of the functions we need to locate our fleet.

Cons:

The updates. We use company supplied tablets to interface with the Keep Truckin ELD. We used to rely on the internet connection supplied by the Keep Truckin ELD to keep the ELD application up to date. There are so many updates that we found ourselves running out of plan data. To be clear, we lock the tablets down so only Keep Truckin app can be used so it is not other apps. We have recently shut down our automatic updates for the Keep Truckin app which means my fleet is constantly behind on updates - some which are critical for the operation. It creates a real hardship to have to manually update our Keep Truckin ELD app when trucks come through the home terminal. Also, trucks that will not leave the drive line when the truck stops is becoming more frequent. ELD connectivity is a real problem.

3 years ago

We really apologize for the inconvenience faced. Kindly share the details with us at "[email protected]". Our team will look into it and get back to you with a resolution.

Andrea
Administrator in US

Base System is good - but hot spot limit stinks

Comments: If it were not for this hot spot issue I would give the system 5 stars. The Customer Support agents do speak clear English, but they are not always able to help and follow through is not good. Still waiting for my hot spot issue to be solved and it has been "disabled". No internet access on the road is a huge hassle. There is a big discrepancy between what my device shows I have used as far as data, and the Motive accounting for my data use. Tablet shows a lower data usage than Motive, and Motive caps the use and then shuts off the data usage. The difference in usage is a whole gigabyte and that is a big difference.

Pros:

Easy to use - Dashboard and document access is very handy. Knowing the fault codes are helpful in keeping the truck running better.

Cons:

I was told that the hot spot would allow me to listen to Pandora and audio books as I had been. However, it is capped and not sufficient and no one from Customer Service has been able to help me and the Agent who was supposed to call me to fix my issue, has never called.

2 years ago

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience using Motive! We'd like to learn more about the issues at hand. Kindly provide us your contact number or email address. Additionally, for further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Manu
Owner Operator in US

Good and bad

Comments: I have been their customer for almost 2 years. They call me many times and Thats how I got their ELD and Dashcam. Unfortunately trucking business is went to a bad situation and I had to close down my business. Even if I was a good customer and I explained what is going on they didn’t even refund anything. I pay yearly and now they are saying I am in contract with 3 years and I have to pay next year also again because they can’t help anything with. I am advising everyone before you sign up with this company. They are not user friendly as you think. They give lots of wonderful words to make you sign with them but once you signed up they act differently. Beware about this matter please

Pros:

Service and functionality is good. It never got stuck in between.

Cons:

About price and contract. Little bit pricey and once we signed with them they are not flexible or user friendly as we think.

6 months ago

"Hi There, we are sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience. Can you please send us a note at [email protected] or on our 24/7 Support Helpline (855) 434-3564 so that we may connect and provide you with a timely resolution. Thank you.

Alexander
CEO in US

Best, Affordable ELD Software

Comments: Knowledgeable people, great customer service, good looking software.

Pros:

Easy to use, straight forward, accurate and neatly designed

Cons:

Small things, but nothing to be concern about.

4 years ago

Hi Alexander, we're glad to know that you like our product and services. Please feel free to reach us at 855-434-3564, if you need assistance.

Wesley
Fleet Operations Manager in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11–50 Employees

A great all-in-one platform

Comments: I am happy with Motive. I like having so many modules in a single platform. We utilize the API which is now a central part of our maintenance plan.

Pros:

Motive is a forward-thinking company. The recent rebranding shows that this is not a stagnant project. Motive is always releasing new features that add value.

Cons:

I dont really have a major con to list. There are times when an ELD driving event may be logged incorrectly - often at the fault of the driver, and it would be nice to edit those events; if compliance allows it.

Alton
owner in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Self Employed

Device not reliable all of the time

Comments: Paid for a full year of basic ELD service this year, optioned to add IFTA mileage reporting to help keep up with IFTA tax reporting started getting monthly bills for this service. IFTA tracking quit working a week before filing date leaving with no data to complete IFTA filing service was out for Appx. 2 months, I complained and got around $2.00 refund for loss of service. This is the second device replacement in 3 years, besides that I have no complaints.

Pros:

It keeps up with my hours of service on a daily basis

Cons:

Stops working sometimes when there is a heavy rain. Mileage tracking completely quit working for 2 months. Disconnects from truck periodically.

3 years ago

Hi Alton, thank you for your feedback. Please share your concerns with us at [email protected] so that we can look into this further.

Wade
Truck Driver in US

Very good except?

Comments: Satisfactory!

Pros:

Easy to use and learn, and easy to install.

Cons:

The pad that I connect to and use the logbook, disconnects and will not always reconnect. That makes it a pain in my backside since I use Agricultural Exemption almost daily during harvest, and into the fall.

Owner Operator in US

The Good, the Bad and the Evil of Motive

Comments: Early on they were great, had contacts in the business, would promote them on my Hotshot-USA Resource Network as an affiliate, I found them new business and told my members about them. Earned commissions that they told me were on the way. Got one but never got the rest. When I asked about them they could not tell me anything. As a ELD gateway, they are the premium service and the standard for the trucking business. They have a lot of great features, and fairly easy to use. They may just be too big and global , and need to organize a little better. I like them but I am always looking for another partner to work with, to promote and to eventually use for my trucks. I think they are overpriced and have lost the connection with some of their market.

Pros:

When you are out on the road and need customer support, they are always a phone card away and very knowledgeable help. Have all the features and more that a Trucking Business needs, and should implement into their business. Keeps records, reports, and other features so that Governmental agencies, DOT, FMCSA, Insurance entities can share your records.

Cons:

They lock you into service, too expensive, when you need reports or features such as fuel logs, they charge you more and lock you further into the program. When you do pay for an added feature, that you need immediately, such as Fuel Hub, they take their time to install, then they never show you how to have your drivers log in their fuel purchases. When you work with them to promote their product and company, the contacts you have just quit and leave, leaving you without warning and no way to talk to someone. You call and call, leave messages with other departments, personal and no one ever returns your phone calls. Slow to respond or even call back when you need them, however product support and technical support is top notch. They are an Indian based business and most of their support staff is hard to understand or communicate with at times.

last year

Wow, thank you for the great review! We're glad to hear that you're happy with our service. Please feel free to spread the word and If you have any questions or need assistance, our support team is always here for you via email at [email protected] or by phone at (855) 434-3564. Our 24/7 support line is ready to assist you.

JohnRichard
Operator in US

Onerous software

Comments: It is repetitive.It glitches (stops working or communicating with the blue tooth adapter) about once a week requiring reset while driving!The commands are onerous. If I want to save a record, I OBVIOUSLY want to do so with the official signature!All of the clocks should be displayed on screen. 11, 14, 30 min, and the 70! These are all important clocks for the driver to see while in motion!Finally, there needs to be a count down clock for the end of the 10hr break when off duty that switches to 34 hr reset after the clock has met the bench mark.

Pros:

Secondary log function.HOS recap list.I really don't have a lot of good things to say.This product is not a quality product I would buy or recommend to a struggling entrepreneur.

Cons:

If you want to PC drive, you must sign the prior day log before you can do so. Signing a log is an official duty and is required to be done "ONDUTY". That is a violation! If you are logging an inspection or signing your daily log, if you go to the save button before signing it fills in the signing and makes you accept it as an additional step before it saves. Just save it already with the signature! Its clear thats required, just do it!When you change duty status, you select the status you want AND then you need to save it. Just save it upon selection! Enough of the repetitive button selection! Do you think many drivers change their mind from "off duty" to "onduty" in the course of trying to go off duty? For the sake of all drivers out here, cut out all the repetitive actions and stream line it!

last year

Hi John, We are sorry that you've had a great experience! However, you can sign logs at the start of the shift manually every day as mentioned in this help article: https://helpcenter.gomotive.com/hc/en-us/articles/6162466577693-How-to-Sign-Your-Logs-on-the-Motive-Driver-App. Furthermore, you on the Motive Driver app's Home screen you can simply swipe up from the bottom to check all HOS clocks instead of navigating to the logs section. If you have any further questions please give us a call at (855) 434-3564. We are open 24/7, we would love to help you out. Thank you.

Jared
President in US

Good product- Unethical Company

Comments: We have been attempting this downgrade for almost nine months now. They make it truly impossible to downgrade or cancel until we hit their auto renewal period again and are unable to downgrade for another year.

Pros:

Product ease of use. They make it truly impossible to downgrade or cancel until we hit their auto renewal period again and are unable to downgrade for another year.

Cons:

We are changing our operations and looking to remove (what they call "downgrade" a couple devices). We have been attempting this downgrade for almost nine months now. They make it truly impossible to downgrade or cancel until we hit their auto renewal period again and are unable to downgrade for another year.

last year

Hi there, we're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience using Motive! That definitely doesn't align with our goal of providing excellent service to all of our customers. Please provide us with your contact details so we can reach out to you to address your concerns and improve your experience. Moreover, for further queries please feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564.

Lauri
Safety Director in US

Peace of mind

Comments: The benefits are that we can count on the devices to work as they are supposed to and they keep us in compliance with DOT regulations. The last company we were with was very hit and miss on if their equipment worked as it was supposed to for the clients. It was disturbing.

Pros:

We only employ owner/operators and most are up in age and do not like technology or change. They were pleasantly surprised with your system and the ease of use. As the Safety Director, I like that I am sent an email any time there is an HOS issue with any of our drivers. I applaud your tech support team too! They are very knowledgeable and patient.

Cons:

Integration to Keep Trukin was pleasantly easy. Our driver's installed the devices themselves and they are older guys that do not like change or technology. I cannot say that there is anything I do not like about the software.

3 years ago

Thank you so much for your response! We are glad that you like it. Do let us know in case if you have any suggestions as we would be more than happy to hear them.

Dwight
Trucker in Canada

Motive

Comments: I personally love it . Finally being able to take pictures of multiple BOL and my fuel receipts to track the loads I’ve hauled , plus the multiple trailer add ons (I haul turnpikes ) has been extremely helpful .

Pros:

What I really enjoy about the motive system is it pretty much does everything for you . Looking forward to it being transponder friendly . That’s always a big advantage . The tracking the mileage separate between the provinces is great l makes ifta so easy .

Cons:

Awww. This is a bit of an upset with me . Not being able to manipulate it when you have long wait times makes it a little tricky if you have to drove 2 to 3 hours to your load destination, you have to really hope your wait time isn’t too long , otherwise you can’t really get your maximum kms in .

Dana
Manager in Canada

Good Product/Service

Comments: Very good experience with KT. Excellent customer service, informative sales staff. Seem to have a great culture at KeepTruckin, and it shows in our dealing with them.

Pros:

Software is easy to use, and so far has proved to be very reliable.

Cons:

One feature I really dislike is not having the ability to change unit ID or unit names once they have been assigned, if even its assigned only once. Would like to see the ability to either change Unit IDs or add nicknames to the units. It would be a big help for us, that way if new office staff are learning, or new drivers are hired its much easier to identify units rather than a singular unit number.

2 years ago

Hi Dana, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with KeepTruckin's services. if you have any queries or concerns please feel free to send us an email at [email protected] or reach us out on our 24/7 Support Helpline (855) 434-3564.

Susan
VP in US
Food Production, 51–200 Employees

Good product, dumb name

Comments: We no longer have to look for the trailers on which we have installed the trackers

Pros:

GPS location of trucks and trailers and elogs for drivers

Cons:

Adverse driving conditions needs to be added

2 years ago

Thank you for the wonderful review! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you