Great tool for complex business model

Reviewed on 11/11/2019
Dan O.
Director of Project Management
Industrial Automation, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: From day 1 the experience with the Forecast tool and the Forecast team has been excellent. Its clear that this is by no means a finished product which gives us users the flexibility to request new features with the knowledge we will be listened to.
I look forward to a long relationship with the Forecast team

Pros: Constant and quick feature releases
Listen to feedback and make updates based on customers needs
Great performance
very easy to use
Jira integration is fantastic
Lots of work done to improve the cost tracking and financial/budget elements
Great communications and availability of Forecast team

Cons: Forecast initially catered for a very specific agency type business model that didn't fit with relayrs business model however through constant improvements and feedback the tool is getting closer to what is expected

Steep Learning Curve

Reviewed on 11/06/2019
Sahar A.
QA Lead
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Timeline management.
One software for the internal and client-side view which provides a lot of transparency to the project.

Pros: I can easily see my upcoming and past cards, deadlines, project timelines, milestone plans, team members.
I can easily change the status of the card from to-dos to in-progress to Done.

Cons: It's not very easy to use and has a long learning curve.

Great application for time and task management.

Reviewed on 25/01/2019
Gareth N.
Full Stack Developer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As a developer keeping track of time spent and tasks aren't always a natural instinct. Forecast has made it more intuitive or easier than other apps to deal with this. I can fulfill my time/task management responsibilities in a quick enough manner so as to not disrupt my workflow too much and keep my project managers happy. I'm happy using Forecast, gets the job done.

Pros: I like that I can get a quick overview of projects that I'm associated with. Being able to see where and how my time is spent is very handy. I'm able to get what I need to very quickly and that is very important.

Cons: I guess the fact that the application is quite feature rich, the interface can be quite tricky to navigate if you don't already know what you want to do. I would've liked having a button on the home page to directly take me to any tasks assigned to me. I would've liked having quicker access to information pertaining to me.

Simplified project management

Reviewed on 25/09/2019
Gareth N.
Web Developer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm generally very happy with Forecast. It receives frequent updates and the UI/UX is constantly getting better. I can't see us using anything else anytime soon.

Pros: I like the navigation that Forecast has. I'm involved in many projects and that involves switching quite often among them as well as through all my tasks. The navigation is well thought out and means that I don't lose time viewing the tasks that I need to. The views are also nicely designed, the important information is distinguishable and easy to follow. It doesn't make time tracking or project management feel like such a chore. I'm really happy with Forecast.

Cons: The only thing I wish Forecast had was an optional dark mode. I use it often enough that throughout the entire day, the white colour scheme gets tiring after while, especially at night time.

Easy to use software

Rajwant B.
Client Service Manager
Financial Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: With other PM type software, they can be clunky and difficult to use. I like how Forecast is intuitive, fast and most importantly, fun to use. When completing tasks, you get an avatar popping up telling you great job which is fund.

Cons: There are a few bugs that need to be worked out with Gitlab syncing tasks to Forecast. More importantly, Gitlab uses markdown which Forecast would sometimes strip when it would sync a task.

Forecast helped us get organized.

Alexis S.
Marketing Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The workflow view was helpful to our web developers because they were used to using that type of system. The benefit Forecast provided our team was coupling that feature with the ability to manage general traffic flow, work accountability and timelines for projects.

Cons: We experienced a few bugs with browser compatibility and Google docs. The reporting structure is also not as robust for the reports we need to generate for internal review and our clients.

New users

Reviewed on 14/06/2019
Ben F.
Production Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Easy to manage teams and members. Intuitive design of scheduling tool makes it easy to allocate team members to projects. Integration via API with our other systems seems to be working well. Responsive support that seem to take questions and suggestions and use them to improve new iterations of the product. Timesheets are simple to use and easy to check.

Cons: New design features, especially the last round, can drop out of the blue and be quite jarring when faced with them the first time. But at least they're committed to improving the product.
Building reports can at times be less than intuitive.

Really good software

Reviewed on 22/05/2018
Gordon H.
13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: increased staff efficiency , better communication with clients and delivering projects smoother within budgets

Pros: I trailed around 7/8 different project management softwares over a 6-month period, the main problem was i needed both project management and resource management which proved really hard to find. Either one was good at one and not the other etc but finding forecast really dealt with all my needs and although its taken 6 months to get all the data in and staff using effectively, the benefits have been fantastic. Projects are running smoother and we can control the budgets better.

Cons: There isnt much i find wrong with this software and the team are really good at taking on board our ideas and requests, i think the scheduling could be improved a little, but the forecast team are always looking to improve on a great product and im sure they will continue to improve.

If operational effectiveness and productivity is important to your business, don't hesitate.

Reviewed on 28/01/2019
UX Specialist / Consultant / Strategist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've spent many years trialing and implementing various Project Management and scheduling applications from an Ops perspective, but, frustratingly, I never found one that effectively combined these attributes into a single, easy-to-use package -- until Forecast. That's impressive enough, but it's the ease of analysis and reporting that really sealed the deal for me. I can't imagine our business without it.

Pros: The combined resource scheduling, time-tracking and Project Management tools, the detailed operational tracking and reporting, frequency of updates, and, of course, the excellent customer support. It has been a pleasure to both use the product, and interact with the Forecast team.

Cons: Honestly, nothing springs to mind. The Forecast team have been very receptive to suggestions for minor enhancements as they've evolved the product, and I've no doubt that will continue. I feel we're in good hands.

Forecast has given my team visibility into resource management like we've never had before!

Reviewed on 13/03/2018
Brian S.
Branding & Digital Marketing Director
Customer Support

Comments: So far Forecast has addressed most of my company's requests for new features and functionality and made them part of the system.

Pros: The tool we used before didn't have any forecasting features our company needed. I really like the Time feature because it is simple, fast, and intuitive to use. I can easily see my projects, cards, and enter my time all in one view. It's always difficult switching systems after so many years, but I can instantly see the benefits of using Forecast as a sophisticated, easy-to-use platform. Forecast does a great job at tailoring to fit our company's needs and taking our feedback requests seriously.

I tryed almost 50 tools before choose "Forecast" to work

Reviewed on 30/01/2019
Bruno C.
IT Service Engineer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: After try almost 50 tools of "project management", "work management" (really, 50 tools, seriously), I chose "Forecast". It just makes sense. My team love it. The cost worth it.

Pros: - Beautiful, fast and easy to use interface.
- The mix of Kanban and SCRUM just makes sense.
- The way I track the work, attach files, and so on, everything works fine

Cons: - The mobile app has a lot of limitations, and there are a lot of features that only can be made in the browser interface.

Forecast helps me stay on track

Reviewed on 18/01/2019
Copywriter
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I love forecast because it's makes it easy for me to coordinate my upcoming projects with the rest of my team. Being able to set a high and low time allotment has been really helpful for gauging how long future projects will take.

Cons: My only issue is that I wish that there was an option to pause the timer fully -- sometimes I step away from my computer and would like to be able to stop the timer rather than have to report multiple increments of time to a project daily.

Daily User

John H.
Software Engineer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Forecast does a great job of organizing our Agile tickets.

Pros: Easy to enter hours against project/tickets and add comments all from the timesheet page.

Cons: 1) It can be a chore to track down a specific ticket. I input the number in the search box and Bobo the Bear cannot find anything. Instead I need to slog through projects trying to see where it is.
2) Bobo the Bear. I'm old enough to remember Clippy. Why bring him back, just under a new name?

Time tracking at its finest

Reviewed on 21/10/2019
Glennon N.
Software Engineer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Forecast allows me to solve the problem of reporting my time to upper management.

Pros: As an engineer there is nothing more rewarding than tracking my time. Forecast allows me to do that in a fun and easy way.

Cons: I don't get to use it enough - Forecast is the best application ever made!

Easy to use once you get the hang of it

Reviewed on 26/07/2019
Aaron K.
Project Engineer
Civil Engineering, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great to actually see my own personal management plan instead of just milestones in a diary. Also easy for my superiors to see who is over/under allocated with workload at a glance.

Pros: Good easy to understand visuals with plenty of colour ques. Easy to manipulate timeframes and shuffle tasks with only a few mouse clicks.

Cons: Took a little bit of playing around to figure out the best way to use it for me. Multiple different ways of doing the same thing was a little daunting at first but now I've figured out the way I like to work it.

I actually enjoy doing my timesheets

Reviewed on 14/06/2019
Developer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: it is great to have individual task commenting. keeps the slack channels clean from mulitple project specific topics. It helps bridge the gap between PM's, designers and developers.

Pros: Timesheets are beautifully layed out, easy to add to (even from within tasks) and easy to add notes to specific tasks. Predictive tasks when adding to timesheets is great.
Filters on project pages to see only your tasks, or only certain tasks filtered by tags is neat.
Nice integrations and full REST API is a nice addition. have yet to experiment with it, but could hold some awesome potential for custom integrations.

Cons: Because it is still a heavily developing application the UI changes every so often so you have to re-familiarise yourself with how it works.

Forecast is a very great tool to organize yourself.

François D.
Consultant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Forecast is a very great tool to organize yourself, especially in an agency with multiple projects and the need to have a control on planning and costs.

Pros: Forecast is really good to keep a planning on tracks and to have a view of your costs during the project.

Cons: With Forecast, you need to be very organized and the software is challenging because you can't start if you don't know what you are doing.

The best team management tool so far

Alessia A.
Web developer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I can track my time in an amazing way and have all the information I need at hand for each task and also for every project

Pros: I have been a TFS user for years and never found a better management tool until I found Forecast. It is the clearest tool on the market so far, easy to use, full of functionalities. There's a lot o pros to it: - highly customizable
-the time recording is amazing
-comments and subtasks on cards are awesome
-you can also tag other members of the team if you want them to read something

Cons: -when i record time, the record pop up is too small for the tasks names in the select
-i'd like a clearer way to mark done subtasks rather than a checkbox

Packed with Features but steep learning curve.

Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Soham V.
UX Designer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our company was trying out the product to have better project planning and resource allocation but most of us do not want to use it because of the time it takes to log in tasks or hours.

Pros: The way the data is displayed is quite intuitive, the timelines, hours, pending hours and etc. I like how my upcoming tasks are shown on the dashboard with colour coding and also highlights due tasks.

Cons: The learning curve is very steep, even though I am tech savvy person, I found it difficult to begin with. I feel it has too many ways of achieveing the same outcome.

Resource management and scheduling for studio projects

Reviewed on 5/02/2019
Samuel P.
Studio Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Couldn't recommend highly enough

Pros: Powerful reporting - easy to see where projects are over/under spending
Fantastic UX with many control points throughout the software
Provides a top level view of available resources per staff member
Allows both retainer and project based scheduling
Best in industry customer support

Cons: Perhaps a little difficult to grasp initially, however this is offset with excellent one-to-one customer support
Project / Task timer interface needs a little improvement

Great for planning & executing projects

Reviewed on 3/09/2018
Product Owner
Internet, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: better tracking of hours & progress of projects. we are an agency, so billable hours are very important. hi/lo expeced forecast possibility, makes for better expected time-to-build

Pros: Responsive; very quick & easy to use
Insights adds value to project oversight & planning
Same for scheduling
Time tracking, sprint planning & progress all implemented very intuitive

Cons: not possible to use multiple timers
no approve button after filling timesheet for double checks
impossible to release sprint & have issues removed from done column

Good for project collaboration

Reviewed on 11/02/2019
Rebecca C.
Project manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It helps team members see their tasks and update the progress easily.

Pros: Timeline showing progress of all projects in one screen;
Kanban board showing project tasks;
To-do list;
Compare budget and expense.

Cons: Collaborator cannot see "Scoping" page;
Cannot relate parent task with sub-tasks which have been split to new task;
Cannot define Project Stage by user;
Same set of Labels are commonly used in different fields, causing users hard to choose, and the labels become meaningless.

Customer service is fantastic and the software is great!

Senior Project Manager
Publishing, 13-50 Employees
Customer Support

Pros: Forecast's easy to use interface and technology allows me to track the progress of my company's projects and forecast for the future. The customer service is also extremely quick to reply and answer any questions.

Cons: It would be great to have the ability to create my own reporting within forecast. Although there are a lot of reporting features, there a few that my company needs. Just a few more options would be helpful.

Great potential, not there yet.

Reviewed on 26/09/2017
Dan B.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I can both plan the schedule of my team on high level and on task basis

Pros: The variety of features. You can both schedule and plan on a high level and also dive down to the little things.

Cons: Unfortunately, there are still quite a lot of bugs and bulkiness.
I think the feature that is missing the most is being able to see on the scheduler that the resource was already allocated with tasks in the projects.

Intuitive Platform with Amazing Support

Reviewed on 15/05/2018
Christina C.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The flexibility for each team member to take ownership of their schedule. And the regular updates for features, and response from the support team.

Cons: Missing some features we would like to see such as the time entry exporting. But the team are very responsive to feature requests.