Bench Reviews

by Bench Accounting

• Overall
    4.8 /5

About Bench

Bench does your small business books for you. We sync directly with your accounts to deliver tidy, accurate and tax-ready books.

Learn more about Bench

Heidi D.
Law Practice, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2020

"Great product, worth the cost for peace of mind"

Pros: I like that it's easy to use, comes in a user-friendly format, and simplifies accounting for me. It's dummy-proof! I'm mostly looking forward to an easier tax season with this software.

Cons: It's a little expensive for a one-person office, so I wish there were more tiers in pricing. But I like the product and will continue to use it, and understand that it costs money for a good product.

by Bench Accounting on 12/08/2020

Hi Heidi! Thanks so much for the kind words. If you ever feel that your average monthly expenses have decreased, we can always conduct a pricing review to see if you fall into another pricing tier. All the best!

• Reviewed on 16/06/2020
Rahul S.
CoFounder
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2021

"Easy to use, great customer service"

Pros: This was super easy to set up and describe exactly what I was using it for. other providers took ages to figure out how to integrate my Amazon sales but Bench just got it!

Cons: The pricing was a bit on the higher side especially the catch up accounting that ended up being a large lumpsum in my case!

by Bench Accounting on 18/02/2021

Thank you so much for sharing, Rahul!

• Reviewed on 21/01/2021
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/02/2021

"Good start, low customization"

Comments: Overall, I still recommend Bench if you are starting out and a small business under $1 Million in sales. However, as you grow, I would recommend switching to Quickbooks.

Pros: Prior to Bench, we used Quickbooks, and it was lifesaver! We had no idea how to use Quickbooks for bookkeeping and Bench made it easy for us. There was low setup involved and their dashboard was amazing.

Cons: As our company grew, we needed more information in our financial statements. At the time, there was low customization with Bench, and we couldn't add or change things in regards to our Profit and Loss statement. Also, at the time, they only did cash based accounting.

by Bench Accounting on 2/03/2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We are constantly looking to improve our service, and listening to your feedback is hugely important to us!

• Reviewed on 9/02/2021
Erik F.
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"Completely alleviated stress while reducing my bookkeeping costs"

Comments: When I first heard about Bench, I was nervous about switching from a standard, old school accounting firm I'd worked with for many years. Within a week, my fears were dissipating. Three years later, my fears are completely gone. Bench completely meets my needs as a small business owner - while saving me time and money.

Pros: Bench is SIMPLE. The software provides me an accurate and easy to understand overview of my monthly and annual financials with easy-to- process visuals and graphs. The software integrates automatically with my bank and credit card, alleviating the back and forth calls and emails I used to labor through with my former "brick and mortar" accountants. When I have a question, the Bench team is always available and quick to respond.

Cons: Nada! No complaints here! I have not experienced a single problem with the Bench software

Lizardo B.
Owner & CEO
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2020

"AMAZING SOFTWARE & CUSTOMER SERVICE"

Comments: I'd definitely recommend this software to all my friends. Easy to use and great customer service. They get the job done. Great investment.

Pros: How easy it is to use the software. It shows you all the financial details of your business.

Cons: I'm really happy with everything they've done so far.

by Bench Accounting on 24/12/2020

Thank you so much Lizardo! Our engineering team will be so happy to hear you're loving the software and we're glad we can provide you quick access to important information you need. We love working with you and your business, and look forward to what the future has in store.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2020
Danny S.
Business Owner
Financial Services, Self Employed

"Game Changer!"

Pros: I love that I don't ever have to worry about saving receipts & it has taught me to even be more organized!

Cons: Honestly I don't have any negatives on this.

Amy T.
Civic & Social Organisation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"Clear accounting"

Comments: Excellent service, grateful

Pros: The accounting team took our records for the past three years and was able to give us clear understanding of the numbers to move forward with confidence.

Cons: Overall experience has been excellent, even when I am overwhelmed with the numbers, the professionalism of the staff is calming and clear.

by Bench Accounting on 28/11/2020

Thanks, Amy!

• Reviewed on 24/11/2020
Jonathan R.
Music, Self Employed

"I Love Bench"

Comments: My experience has been super easy and smooth. I love it.

Pros: I love the fact I can do my work and not worry about keeping track of all purchases and so forth.

Cons: I wish it had a feature to keep track of my estimated taxes.

by Bench Accounting on 12/11/2020

Thank you for the kind words, Jonathan! We've also passed along your feedback regarding a feature to keep track of your estimated taxes. In the meantime, you may find this estimated quarterly tax calculator helpful: https://bench.co/blog/resources/quarterly-tax-calculator/.

Jason A.
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"Great value for bookkeeping service"

Comments: They are great to work with.

Pros: It makes it really easy for us to not think about accounting

Cons: There are features that I'd like to see like invoicing that would allow for more report development and forecasting as well as a more consolidated financial software stack for us.

Philippe Q.
Executive DR
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"A+ Bookkeeping Management Software"

Comments: Outsourcing with Bench was a part of our financial streamlining strategy processes. It allowed me to free more time in what I liked doing.

Pros: User Friendly
User Interface
Excellent Customer service

Cons: Wish there was some sort of Sync with Quickbooks

Krista M.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

"Bench is ALL THAT!"

Comments: It's been a great experience. I the software is great, but the best thing has been the extended level of support once the pandemic hit. They helped me to apply for the loans that were right for my business and I'm able to see a future for my business because of that.

Pros: I really appreciate the ease of use. I can easily track all of my financials and the team is so so helpful.

Cons: I have not experienced any cons with this software.

by Bench Accounting on 12/11/2020

Hi Krista! We are thrilled to hear that we have been a support and resource for you and your business during this uncertain time. Wishing you all the best!

Kevin C.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2020

"Easy to implement and high value accounting services"

Pros: Bench is fantastic because of the super hands on customer service and the accounting professional you're matched with is always prompt, responsive, and helpful with keeping your books up to date.

Cons: Lack of integrations with all of our financial services. Many things need to be manually managed however it's great that the accounting pros will hop in and pull data directly.

by Bench Accounting on 12/08/2020

Thank you for sharing, Kevin!

• Reviewed on 23/06/2020
President, CEO & Channel Chief
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2018

"RUN FAR FAR AWAY!"

Pros: Nothing food to say honestly. Never got it off the ground. When I asked for a refund it was a hassle

Cons: If you look around and have your ducks in a row you will find these people are price gouging businesses and their pricing tactics are horribly unfair to the prospective customer. My best advice is RUN FAR FAR AWAY!

by Bench on 13/06/2018

Hi George,
I'm really sorry that your initial Onboarding experience didn't align with your expectations, and that you weren't able to experience our ongoing monthly service. We strive for clear and upfront pricing, which is why we have fixed pricing packages based on monthly expenses and add-ons. We are proud of the value we provide our clients as America's largest bookkeeping service. We do not price match with other businesses nor do we heavily discount our catch-up service. While we can't give you back your time, you have been fully refunded. We also have taken your feedback to our team to help ensure that we provide a consistent Onboarding experience and prevent situations like yours in the future. If there's more we can do to assist you, Sarah from our Client Care team is happy to speak with you further.

• Reviewed on 27/04/2018
Michelle S.
Owner/Photographer
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"simple online bookkeeping for small businesses or solopreneurs"

Comments: I run my own business, and am NOT great with the numbers side of things. Bench handles my "books" for me, so I can easily keep track of all business expenses and profits so I can make sure things are on track. And this kind of record keeping helps streamline things in a BIG way when it's time to pay taxes.

Pros: It's hands-off accounting for those who want to outsource, so they can get back to actually running their BUSINESS. And I like that there are actual PEOPLE taking care of me. I can reach out with any questions I have and get answers QUICKLY. And the team is able to easily get in touch with ME with any questions they come across, too. The messaging system is incredibly easy to use, and a great way to keep track of conversations. And while there IS a learning curve to this software, I like that the team actually schedules a walk-through to show you HOW to use it, rahter than leaving you to do it on your own.

Cons: Some bank accounts won't automatically sync (smaller banks or credit unions?), so there is still a bit of time needed on my end to download a report from my account and upload it to the Bench system. But it doesn't take that long to do, so it's really not that big of a deal.

Andrew G.
Finance Controller
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"Bench for Small Business"

Comments: Very easy to work with, communicative, and responsive to the needs of the business. Good value for the cost and savings on internal staff to perform this function.

Pros: User Experience is simple and easy to use

Cons: Integration with bank/credit accounts wasn't always smooth. Functionality moving from different sections of the software was not intuitive. Cannot create custom categories as a customer, only Bench team can make labels.

Micah M.
Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"Bench Makes Accounting Easy!"

Comments: With Bench, I no longer have to worry about doing the accounting for my small business. I let them handle all the details, check in via phone a few times a year, and then hand off all the information to my tax guy. It's quick, easy, and affordable!

Pros: I like the ease of use, the clean interface, the reporting, the customer supper, the look and feel.

Cons: The turnaround on monthly accounting is sometimes 2-3 months out.

Stephen M.
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2020

"Great service for a growing company"

Comments: Great service!

Pros: I really like the ease of use and great customer service provided by the Bench team

Cons: Micromanagement from the beginning but necessary

Thank you, Stephen!

Matt A.
Business Owner
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"So glad I found these guys"

Comments: I was manually bookkeeping for years, fearing the price-point and pain of switching to a local service (I'm a night-owl so it's especially painful to communicate with humans)-- even if they were recommended by friends. Bench offered a clean on-boarding experience, fair price, and most importantly, a great web client that I can check at any time

Pros: Very very solid app, Quick responses, great staff

Cons: Potentially getting more clients may make their response time a little slower, but I'm sure they can scale up

Myke M.
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"Great Solution for Business Owners who are Clueless Accountants (as they should be!)"

Comments: Bench is excellent. For someone like myself who deals with thousands of transactions, I do not have time to learn how to become an accountant on the side. More often than not, I like to find someone who is an expert at a particular task, and ask them to "just get it done". Bench is that person for me.

Pros: Easy to use and check in on monthly and you're speaking with *real people*, not a robot or some self-serve dashboard.

Cons: Was a bit tricky/annoying to set up my bank accounts. Kept having connection issues and had to repeat the same setup task several times. Once I was able to get it set up however, everything has been issue-free.

Founder, CEO
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

"Finally, easy bookkeeping"

Pros: I absolutely can’t stand dealing with bookkeeping transactions - it would eat up my time and not provide value to my business. Since I’ve used Bench, this is all off my shoulders and I can focus on the key metrics that matter. Now that I’m also using an accountant connected to Bench, I’m finally getting my taxes done on time, too.

Cons: Nothing not to love. It’s all a great time saver.

Greg H.
Managing Partner
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

"Love it"

Comments: It's great, gets the job done and gives me one less thing to do

Pros: Easy to use, friendly service, fairly intuitive

Cons: No app for Android, the desktop experience is good, though

Ceo
  • Reviewed on 1/09/2020

"Startup using bench."

Comments: It’s was great! Super friendly team.

Pros: Love how hands off the tool is. The team hand holds you the entire way.

Cons: Pretty expensive to upload historical data into the platform.

by Bench Accounting on 23/09/2020

Thank you so much for sharing! While we do offer additional packages for clients who require additional services, we try to keep the majority of our services under our core pricing packages.

• Reviewed on 1/09/2020
Nadine Burns

"Great service"

Comments: Good

Pros: Ease of use on the computerized systems.

Cons: Downloads are not the best when trying to access

Aron S.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"Bench is an amazing resource"

Pros: They have made our lives very easy taking the stress out of our bookkeeping. We know we will get our books done on time and correct and the level of communication is incredible.

Cons: Wish they wrapped the monthly books up a few days earlier but its worth the wait.

Bryan C.
  • Reviewed on 1/05/2019

"Glad I found Bench"

Pros: Affordable and efficient. I had a VA helping with my books beforehand, and it was costing me 3X what I pay Bench. For 1/3 of the price, I have a very efficient bookkeeping program.

Cons: I'd like to have the ability to take photos of my receipts to store in Bench.

• Reviewed on 1/05/2019