• Overall
    4.7/5
    4.4/5
    4.6/5

About Caspio

Caspio is the world's leading LOW-CODE platform for building online database applications without coding.

Learn more about Caspio

Daniel F.
Marketing & Comms Team Leader
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2020

"High Feature Low-Code SAS"

Comments: After trialing a large number of low-code software, this option was a clear winner due to the customizability of apps and compatibility with wordpress.

Pros: Fully featured software. Rock-solid infrastructure. There is few things that we have found can't be done with capsio. Any additional features can be custom developed. Unlimited users, unlimited tables. Dataviews can be purchased cheaply. Specialists also provide very helpful 24/7 live chat support.

Cons: Storing 10,000+ of photos inside the apps can become a bit expensive.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2020
VP of Operations
Insurance, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2020

"Easy App Deployment; Very low code; Lots of functions"

Comments: Overall Caspio is an inexpensive way to publish your apps. If you have an idea but don't have enough coding experience, or if your team is small, this is an excellent service. If you are an advance web developer or if you need an app that does some advanced operations, this servive will not fit your needs.

Pros: Caspio is an excellent app deployment tool. Period. We had the "mid tier" level, so base your expectation accordingly. Caspio hosts your databases, your user authentication, your web deployments, and hosts all your actions. It's very low code involvement, so if you have an idea for an app, you get it up and running in 15 minutes. Their customer support is quite helpful and they will back to you, but again, we did have a mid-tier plan.

Cons: While low code involvement is good for quick deployment, it's limitation is lack of flexibility on your own customization. While Caspio let's you customize some of the "look and feel" of your app, advanced operations/visuals are not easy to do and when you can do them, they are clunky.

• Reviewed on 27/07/2020
Craig R.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 9/07/2018

"Great potential, but stay away if you're not an enterprise client"

Pros: - Basic database builder tools have more built-in options than similar software, so it's easier and faster to build more complex setups - If you don't know code, the interface and logic is very close to MS Excel, so the learning curve isn't too bad - Easy to embed and publish applications - Has an unlimited app user model (though not administrators), which is superior to other database app builders that limit user capabilities and charge based on users. This is ideal for customer-facing applications where users need to be able to more advanced functions outside of simply viewing. - Offer a free plan that is fairly well featured, though would only be useful for internal or personal apps

Cons: - Pricing structure is highly frustrating for a small business user or team. Basic paid plans have no access to APIs, Zapier, or automation/importing, which is high for the base plan compared to similar apps. To get those features, the next level jumps over 4x higher. - "Datapages" allotted for each plan (which is the foundation of the app) are misleading since similar competitors use an allowed number of "apps". Some basic applications in Caspio need 10-20 data pages, but the basic plan only allows 5. Ultimately a large amount of time was spent figuring out how to cut out pages and combine features, killing user experience. - Had a bad experience with customer support (sales) when I accidentally deleted an entire table. Was informed that as a basic/free trial user they would have to charge me to get the table back, even though it existed. And days saved was only a few, so had to quickly decide. They were not sympathetic to my plight even as I was in the evaluation stage. - If you're a major enterprise with a large budget and some programmers, Caspio may be an ideal solution. If you're a small business, be very careful when evaluating and I'd recommend looking elsewhere. The subscription models and definitions are confusing and you may find yourself with an app built during the free trial and realizing you can't possibly afford to launch it.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 9/07/2018
Ben T.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2020

"Best Database Software on the Market"

Comments: We build ALL of our financial reports, safety & compliance reports, staffing reports, and more... We have an easy to use platform and we have moved up through various stages of use as we figured out more ways it could help our business. Now, we are POWER USERS with the full, unlimited package. We LOVE the software

Pros: I love Caspio because it is so easy to use. I work frequently with much larger companies, and they gush when they see how much power we have to manage our data with the Caspio platform!

Cons: I really don't have any real negatives. I love the ease of use, the customization, the data mining, and preset reporting.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2020
Karen W.
Consultant
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2020

"Caspio is a robust, affordable option for organizations without in-house IT!"

Comments: A software developer for over 20 years, I help small to medium-sized organizations, mostly nonprofits, find affordable software that supports their business processes. I found Caspio when I was searching the marketplace for a low-code platform that could be used to build a type of software that does not exist in the marketplace and it allowed an organization to build their dream application in a matter of months....custom software at an off-the-shelf price! I have been impressed with all the options available as well as the excellent online documentation and customer service of the Caspio support team.

Pros: I think Caspio is incredibly easy to learn and use and it allows non-technical professionals to quickly establish a data-centric web-based application without needing to know Python, Java, or another programming language. I have been a software developer for 20 years, so for me the tool takes even less time -- and functions like triggered notifications and tasks allow me to add "behind-the-scenes magic" so one process can trigger dependent processes in a seamless way. I also love the support team's helpful and responsive attitude.

Cons: Truly my only complaint is not a bad thing, just a choice -- I wish I did not have to wrap all the Caspio code in separate HTML, mostly b/c I do not think it is as easy to teach to non-technical people. Most of the organizations I work with need help getting everything set up and launched but then can largely be trained to maintain and extend their Caspio app...and while HTML and CSS are not complicated, they are not as predictably explainable as the tables and datapage interfaces.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2020
Quinn S.
Customer Support
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2020

"Grows with you"

Comments: I would say that one of the best things about working with Caspio is the drag and drop builder as well as their support staff.

Pros: Our company was looking for software that would enable us to launch clean, professional looking website features quickly. Caspio offers a fairly simple used interface that allow rapid development of new ideas and their features are well rounded. They have some of the best support staff around.

Cons: Some of the features we need are only offered on costly plans.

• Reviewed on 12/05/2020
Elena M.
Human Resources, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/01/2020

"So Impressed"

Comments: oh the customer service both on chat, email, and phone, is a cut above the rest. I don't know how Caspio manages to always be there for me... so impressive. Way better than the big guys.

Pros: This cloud based Database management solution is really helpful for non-coders like me. So many features that really made my consulting business excel in the competitive industry like mine.

Cons: There should be a multiple check box feature, where the choices can be pulled from other fields. Also, the rules for conditions are very limited. For example, if you want to disable other check boxes when one check box is selected - you will never be able to do another conditional rule for that check box that you have said should be disabled. I mean, there should be an ability to apply multiple conditional rules on a field.

• Reviewed on 6/01/2020
Mark M.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"Caspio - Partners for The Long Term"

Comments: I've now been using Caspio for over 12years and have to say that, as a company, they've matured over that time. Customer support is definitely above average.

Pros: Speed of project development from idea to deployment is, for me, the number one attraction as a Caspio developer. You can try things out for real very quickly and ask clients for their thoughts/opinions as you go along. Caspio's low-code platform makes it possible for someone to provide robust, mission critical data-driven systems without having a background in coding.

Cons: I have very few issues with using Caspio and any that I have are either minor - or get resolved quickly.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
Trenton F.
Manufacturing Director
Machinery, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2020

"Customized Data Reports"

Comments: We were able to work with the project management team to build a productivity, waste, and uptime reporting tool that streamlined our process and cut many labor hours out of each week.

Pros: The software is web based, so you can reach it anywhere.

Cons: If internet is down, the software is not usable.

• Reviewed on 26/05/2020
Julie J.
Operations Manager
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2020

"Create custom applications with ease"

Comments: Wonderful! I was contacted by technical team and they offer to help you build your custom app. I prefer to be more hands on and enjoyed going through the various tutorial videos to learn how to use it and get more ideas for our custom application. I have some experience with databases and love that it had similarities to design features & concepts similar to Access and using SQL statements. Its amazing how much of your app you can configure with just a data page. At first I was really impressed with price per data page but as I learn in different video tutorials, a real robust application will take you to the mid/highest price tier.

Pros: Love the video tutorials and there are so many great and powerful features in the design side

Cons: Not sure about integrating with other systems yet (accounting) and using on mobile devices

• Reviewed on 10/06/2020
Liz K.
Program Manager, XLerator Network
Research, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2020

"Dynamic software for managers wanting to create apps quickly without IT consultants"

Comments: My overall experience with Caspio has been excellent! In the past, I have used Caspio to build an integrated set of applications for a Statewide startup program. Specifically, I created publicly available online submission forms and internal use applications including: portals for the paperless reviewing and scoring of submitted applications (for both videos and text/ file upload submissions), online participant registration forms, post program report collection tools and alumni tracking apps. The success of each of these applications was evidenced in their long term use, whereby we received and reviewed ~800 applications over 4 years. Currently, I am using Caspio to create stand alone applications for a different program. These include a sort-able and editable database of research facilities for public reference, a metrics report collection tool for grant participants, and a contacts database for internal use and tracking.

Pros: The organizational aspects (tables, views, datapages, authentications) and flow of the steps within each of these features are intuitive and easy to follow. This framework of a few 'tools' with many guided steps and options in each tool make it less intimidating for a novice to create an application independently that suits their specific program needs. However, what I like just as much about Caspio is their amazing customer service. I can't say enough about their timely and courteous responses all the way from their Sales and On-Boarding Executives to their Account Managers and Session Experts (whom I highly recommend working with for insights and help with more complicated builds or specialized features).

Cons: Although Caspio is constantly improving their product and educational material demonstrating how to use it, there are always more features that can be added to allow users to control the look and feel of an application or to allow for example more filtering options across tables. However, there is a balancing act between creating user friendly features and highly customized ones without needing to write additional code to achieve the aim.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2020
Oliver N.
Head of Product Development
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2020

"More than meets the eye"

Comments: Caspio has more than made our flagship application possible for us without having a team of programmers. It has widely extended the possibilities of the application and helped inspire features and the overall scope of what our application is and can become. After years of working with Caspio, I have learned to use the platform to much of its potential, and yet I still haven't found the limits to what it can do. The platform specialists are very skilled, and with expert sessions available, you can accomplish things on Caspio way beyond what it appears to offer. It is, indeed, much more than meets the eye.

Pros: While Caspio is a low code platform enabling fast development of very high quality apps, it does not stop there. What has been important to me, is that the platform is virtually unlimited in potential. The versatility and quality of this platform makes it the perfect choice even for high complexity applications.

Cons: Simple apps may be developed very swiftly, while maintaining high levels of security and quality. More complex apps require more capacity and in depth development. While this is a low code platform, it does not prevent the use of code, and with it, the possibilities seem limitless. And it still has all the benefits of not having to code from scratch, ease of use, high security, etc.

• Reviewed on 25/05/2020
Joseph H.
History Volunteer for Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
Law Enforcement, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 7/01/2020

"A Canadian pleasure to receive Caspio's help, service, security & support"

Comments: My overall experience with Caspio has been absolutely wonderful and extremely favourable, and I would never consider leaving Caspio except that if the cost of maintaining my table was too costly for me. I am very, very proud of how Caspio has been able to tailor my table needs to the precise and exact style of what I want, and what I want my clients to learn from exploring the table. My table is modern, accurate, colourful, precise and as I have said I am very proud of it. I am also very conformable about the high level of security which Caspio Bridge provides for my table. Security of my table is very important to me. Thank you.

Pros: First, I am extremely pleased with the affordable cost of Caspio Bridge provided to me by Caspio which allows me to continue my historical research and record my work on a table which is open to all of Canada as well as the whole world. I am a senior citizen with a limited income so the cost is very important to me. Secondly, I sincerely appreciate the dependability of Caspio Bridge because my table has never failed my thousands of clients. Since I first started with Caspio many years ago, my table has never failed. Thirdly, I value the dependability of Caspio Bridge support including the expertise of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who have the ability, knowledge and skills to improve the performance of my table. I am amazed how technicians including [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are able to resolve every little glitch which I encounter. I am very appreciative of their service, professionalism, and friendship.

Cons: I can only think of one issue, and that is the complexity of the 'styles'. This is one area that I always need help with as the learning curve about 'styles' is too steep for me. In the case orf 'styles' I always ask for and receive help from Caspio, and I thank you.

• Reviewed on 7/01/2020
Dominique C.
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2019

"Living in the low-code age"

Comments: There is no doubt that Caspio allows you to create robust cloud applications very fast. As we have now entered the age of low-code and that the opportunity to have SaaS systems, that used to be reserved to large enterprise and government bodies, is now reachable to man small to medium size enterprises. In this respect, Caspio has played out an important and critical role by offering a reasonably priced and powerful platform to them.

Pros: Caspio is a very flexible tool for creating and maintaining SaaS systems for your company or for your customers. You need a basic understanding of relational database and how to work with them. Once you are there then, maybe after a few hours, you are ready to go. Everything else when it comes to creating queries and views, unless you want to create something unusual, is straight forward. Designing datapages is also quite easy and only requires a minimum of learning time. Publishing the datapages on your website is also excellent as Caspio offers different options for achieving it, depending on what web publishing tool you are using.

Cons: As we are doing solution prototypes using MS Access, we tend to upload the application database into Caspio to speed up the process when implementing a solution. The drawback with this method is that although we can upload tables and data, we cannot upload views. This is mostly due to the fact that Caspio does not handle views in the same way as MS Access, in fact not allowing a few functionalities such as calculated fields. Caspio, over the last few years, has come up with means of addressing this shortcoming by adding extra functionalities in database management.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2019
Gordon S.
Director of Research
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"Extremely Useful Resource"

Comments: We use Caspio to help distribute data, to inform stakeholders, to allow users to narrow results and answer their questions, and to hopefully allow for a stronger understanding of what we do (our business plan) and how we do that (our business model). Ultimately, as a public research university's academic program, we need to provide transparency and accountability.

Pros: Ease of use, ability to develop skills within and while using the software. Online tutorials (including YouTube videos/projects) are very helpful.

Cons: Some of the definitions for associations between fields (e.g., cascading listbox...) can at first leave a new user uncertain about how the form or data-page will function.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Brenda B.
Web Developer
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2020

"Building Databases Made Easy"

Comments: My overall experience with Caspio and their customer service has been A+. My account manager has been with me from the beginning and has always replied to every message within one day. The technical support is always there to help and fix all of my problems without hesitation. The users of my database (Ages: 40-70) never complain, everything is easy to manage and they love the Membership Database and how pretty and manageable it is.

Pros: What I like most about Caspio is that you do not need to be a master in code development in order to build a database online. The click and go step by step process is very easy to use. Also, implementing within WordPress or other applications is very easy to do. The How-to Videos are an excellent way to learn to use the product. The formulas within the tables allow you to be more diverse with your structure. I can't name just ONE thing, I love many!

Cons: When I first purchased Caspio in 2016, I was not able to export in PDF, with their updates that is now possible, but my only issue is in order to use you have to have the level of Caspio, which will cost more money. The good thing is if you want a change submit a request, 9 times out of 10 they will update and include with their next release.

• Reviewed on 29/06/2020
Richard D.
Security & Investigations, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2020

"Caspio - The Best Database Platform On the Market"

Comments: Thanks to Caspio, our project developed into Security Patrol Track Inc., a first class Security Guard Management system for the use by security company managers to track and document the activities of their security officers. Although I had 35 years of financial experience in the security industry, when we first began our project, I had no experience with database systems whatsoever. I tried several platforms but couldn't even understand the terminology and never was able to actually create even one table. I then found Caspio and within an hour, was able to build a table, a submission form to enter records into the table and a report to pull the records out. It is truly a "No Code" platform! Our original app has now grown to 250 datapages and we have over 18,000 users.

Pros: It is truly a "No Code" platform! Our application, however, would never have been so successful (due to my lack of knowledge) without the support of the Caspio Customer Service and Professional Development staffs. They are all truly invested in the success of their customers.

Cons: Although it may seem to be sort of a contrived response, I really cannot think of a criticism of the Caspio system. The typical criticism of a technology company would be their inadequate customer service. However, as discussed above, their support personnel are almost always available, always knowledge and will always go out of their way to find a solution.

• Reviewed on 13/05/2020
Greg C.
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2020

"The Best Cloud Database Application in the Market!"

Comments: I have been an extremely satisfied Caspio customer for over 12+ years. I have built hundreds of apps using their cloud database platform and they have allowed my company to quickly and effortlessly deploy applications in a timely fashion. In my opinion, there is no better cloud database product in the marketplace. Caspio is simply the best!

Pros: - Ease of Deployment
- Low Code Environment
- No Hardware to Maintain
- Zapier Integration
- The product continues to evolve.

Cons: - Looking forward to more advanced Zapier integrations such as the ability to search for a record in the database.
- Scheduled reports via email would be a welcome enhancement

• Reviewed on 31/07/2020
Co-Founder and CEO
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2019

"Definitely not "no-code", but still low-code and very powerful"

Comments: I felt very empowered with Caspio, but kept running into walls. I don't know Javascript or HTML so anything code-related that wasn't laid out exactly within a tutorial was frustrating to tackle. I also struggled to build out a front-end that looked good and tied to the datapages I was building, and the templates Caspio provided me still required that I knew web development to get running, and I did not know how to customize them. I did appreciate that pages could be easily embedded within Wordpress or other website builders. If I knew how to code, I would definitely use Caspio though. It gets thing up and running sooo fast. Using as a base for the backend is a great idea as it is 100% customizable. In that case I would totally recommend.

Pros: It is 100% customizable, and there are tutorials for just about everything. The community forums are also active, with Caspio support actively participating. Professional Services seemed very capable and able to do just about anything for you if you needed it.

Cons: For just about everything I wanted to do there was some need for a "custom" solution, and I was heavily dependent on my account manager who was always ready to refer me to Professional Services for even simple integrations.

by Caspio on 15/11/2019

Thank you for the valuable feedback. While many complex applications can be fully developed using Caspio's point-and-click and drag-and-drop tools, the ability to extend the platform via industry standard languages such as JavaScript, HTML, CSS and SQL opens up additional capabilities to innovate and build something truly unique. Thank you again for your feedback and we'll be sure to pass it on to our team internally.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2019
Tim B.
Executive Director of Continuous Improvement
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2020

"Caspio for the Win!"

Comments: It's a great company with some exceptional people.

Pros: The software is relatively easy to use, but you must make a commitment to learn it. The great news is that if you aren't a programmer they have a great Managed Application Services Team that will do the work for you. The software has enabled our company to rapidly create solutions and integrate data that was previously stored in various spreadsheets and databases. We are connecting data that we never thought possible. Thanks Caspio!

Cons: Nothing. We have enjoyed the platform and the support has been great.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2020
Tzofit G.
Senior Director, Information Center/Archives
Publishing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2019

"Amazing Service from Caspio!"

Comments: We have made so much internal data available to our employees that they can search on their own to get the answers they need. The best part is not having to rely on our IT department to implement these projects. From start to finish, our department can do it on our own and customize it the way we want. We are about to launch an internal Records Management System -- if we would have bought something out of the box and used IT to implement, it would have cost us in the six figures. With the help of Czar Zurich Placente, we have been able to build this system in a few months with ease. Czar has been so unbelievably responsive and professional throughout the entire process. His knowledge of every aspect of Caspio has been amazing. I absolutely love working with him and already thinking about other ways we can use Caspio to leverage our other internal projects -- with Czar's help!

Pros: I love Caspio because it is so easy to use. We have several databases running off of Caspio, and I could not have done it without Caspio.

Cons: Nothing! Sometimes there are some features that require custom coding, so that can become frustrating, but for a minimal price, you can get help with Expert Hours.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2019
Research, Education and Technology Speacialist
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2018

"Definitely not NO CODE, add-ons kill value, good for basic apps."

Comments: Quick "basic" web app and form creation.

Pros: Tough review because I like Caspio. And the support is generally pretty good. Basic apps and workflows are pretty easy and intuitive.

Cons: The No Code Needed is very misleading. Most workflows and apps I have built or needed required some functionality that had to be "custom coded" with javascript. There was no out of the box option for some database/app functions I thought would be standard. If you look at the support forums there are a lot of people stuck needing special code written to make it do what they need: https://forums.caspio.com/forum/49-caspio-javascript-solutions/ And calls into tech support often ended with "you will have to have some custom code written to accomplish that" for a fee. If you are a Javascript guru, you will be much better off. But the friendly pictures on their website of small business owners touting no code I'm not sure is a reality for most. If you are going to use it I would recommend the pro level because the costs add up after you use 5 data pages. Other seemingly basic options also come at a cost. To be able to select previously uploaded files in a report to download them was an additional feature. I think its more for businesses with some tech staff that needs out of the box apps built but then they can code to tweak. Average Joe, not so much.

• Reviewed on 13/07/2018
Pusit K.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2019

"Excellent features, Superb support"

Comments: For more than three years with Caspio we don't have a major complaint in any area.
I would give six stars for the support. Often we need urgent support while we are working from different time zones, there is always someone (real human not a bot) standby to answer our urgent questions.
Regarding features, Caspio always keeps us exciting with their regular updates and new out-of-the-box features.

Pros: Features: Caspio has almost everything we require to complete business solution applications. Pricing Model: Clear and competitive pricing model. There are even more plans released lately. Support: Superb! Always someone's there, in the online support section. All tickets are handled in a short time. Respect user privacy, asking for permission before the support gets in the sensitive area with the "User Login Support".

Cons: Options for style and GUI. They are too plain (even they look professional) and simple, not bad but not so fancy. This is the comment from users. However, it's customizable but required extra work.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2019
Eric T.
Financial Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2020

"Great tool to create online applications"

Comments: We collect data for benchmarking, and have built a data collection website for our customers. Over time, we have created new products using Caspio. One of the main benefits is that a small, 2-person team can create and implement business applications that have a high degree of functionality.

Pros: We have created several applications for our customers using Caspio, including our internal process management system. We have staff in several remote offices and need to have a shared management system with workflow capabilities. One of the main benefits of Caspio is that we can do the development work in house, saving us money while allowing us to quickly add new functionality.

Cons: As with any software program, the trick is figuring out how to do what you want despite the application's weaknesses. We have found Caspio to be highly featured, but also highly customizable. The user community is great at helping provide input to extend the application functionality, so any issues can be overcome.

• Reviewed on 27/05/2020
Theodore B.
Senior Operations Manager
Logistics & Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2020

"Caspio for Logistics"

Comments: I have found that the team at Caspio and the application builder itself are rock solid. Extremely reliable, willing to help with the very small issues that have come up. I could not ask to work with a better organization.

Pros: It is so quick and easy to build data entry forms, surveys and reporting. Many of the applications I use take less than an hour to build from completion of planning to putting in use by our team at the warehouse.

Cons: There are little things that you need some programming help with, like column justification in reports or adding colors, but they are minor and the support is out there to help the "non-programmer" get the job done.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2020