• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.6 /5

About Caspio

Caspio is the world's leading LOW-CODE platform for building online database applications without having to write code.

Learn more about Caspio

William M.
IT Support
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2020

"Great software for a company supporting remote work"

Pros: We converted our custom Visual Basic & SQL database system when we made the determination 5 years ago to stop renting office space and have everyone work from home. Caspio allowed us to replicate that legacy system and totally get rid of our servers required to support that system. Currently, we have no infrastructure for any IT services, it is all "cloud" based.

Cons: We did lose some of the functionality we enjoyed with Visual Basic. However, after figuring out as many work arounds as possible, we do not miss that functionality anymore.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2020
Antonio S.
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2020

"Testing Caspio on a client project"

Comments: Unfortunately we are tied up in the app we created, but we are looking for moving away asap.

Pros: We started using Caspio a bit in hurry, developing a solution for a client over an already established budget. What we really do not like about Caspio is the lack of documentation that made our developer spending hours to understand its logic. On top of that several bugs that they didn't recognise took us in waste lot of time.

Cons: But ok, bugs is for everyone, what really is unacceptable is the total lack of support and collaboration. Not only they ask 250$ per hour to give you support, but every small thing that goes out of the plan they charge you inevitably. if you ask for some small difference they ask you to subscribe the next plan at 3 times the price. Then if you ask to negotiate they are not available. Once you are tied up with them they not only deliver less value, but they are rigid and unavailable to collaborate.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2020
Mark M.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"Caspio - Partners for The Long Term"

Comments: I've now been using Caspio for over 12years and have to say that, as a company, they've matured over that time. Customer support is definitely above average.

Pros: Speed of project development from idea to deployment is, for me, the number one attraction as a Caspio developer. You can try things out for real very quickly and ask clients for their thoughts/opinions as you go along. Caspio's low-code platform makes it possible for someone to provide robust, mission critical data-driven systems without having a background in coding.

Cons: I have very few issues with using Caspio and any that I have are either minor - or get resolved quickly.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
Ben T.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2020

"Best Database Software on the Market"

Comments: We build ALL of our financial reports, safety & compliance reports, staffing reports, and more... We have an easy to use platform and we have moved up through various stages of use as we figured out more ways it could help our business. Now, we are POWER USERS with the full, unlimited package. We LOVE the software

Pros: I love Caspio because it is so easy to use. I work frequently with much larger companies, and they gush when they see how much power we have to manage our data with the Caspio platform!

Cons: I really don't have any real negatives. I love the ease of use, the customization, the data mining, and preset reporting.

Nepal P.
Events Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2020

"Digital Transformation out of the box!"

Comments: It's great. We manage millions of records and have started to revert from an in-house data warehouse to Caspio as it provides no code administration, and a secure layer a data protection we don't have to strategize around.

Pros: Drag and Drop table relations gives you deep data mining capabilities, and the datapage wizard allows easier setup of a search interface but allows complex customization in later stages. #1 win for us is the secure surrounding caspio offers our data.

Cons: limited ability to build on an iPad. That would be very useful for on the go adjustments and configurations.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2020
Oliver N.
Head of Product Development
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2020

"More than meets the eye"

Comments: Caspio has more than made our flagship application possible for us without having a team of programmers. It has widely extended the possibilities of the application and helped inspire features and the overall scope of what our application is and can become. After years of working with Caspio, I have learned to use the platform to much of its potential, and yet I still haven't found the limits to what it can do. The platform specialists are very skilled, and with expert sessions available, you can accomplish things on Caspio way beyond what it appears to offer. It is, indeed, much more than meets the eye.

Pros: While Caspio is a low code platform enabling fast development of very high quality apps, it does not stop there. What has been important to me, is that the platform is virtually unlimited in potential. The versatility and quality of this platform makes it the perfect choice even for high complexity applications.

Cons: Simple apps may be developed very swiftly, while maintaining high levels of security and quality. More complex apps require more capacity and in depth development. While this is a low code platform, it does not prevent the use of code, and with it, the possibilities seem limitless. And it still has all the benefits of not having to code from scratch, ease of use, high security, etc.

• Reviewed on 25/05/2020
Joseph H.
History Volunteer for Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
Law Enforcement, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 7/01/2020

"A Canadian pleasure to receive Caspio's help, service, security & support"

Comments: My overall experience with Caspio has been absolutely wonderful and extremely favourable, and I would never consider leaving Caspio except that if the cost of maintaining my table was too costly for me. I am very, very proud of how Caspio has been able to tailor my table needs to the precise and exact style of what I want, and what I want my clients to learn from exploring the table. My table is modern, accurate, colourful, precise and as I have said I am very proud of it. I am also very conformable about the high level of security which Caspio Bridge provides for my table. Security of my table is very important to me. Thank you.

Pros: First, I am extremely pleased with the affordable cost of Caspio Bridge provided to me by Caspio which allows me to continue my historical research and record my work on a table which is open to all of Canada as well as the whole world. I am a senior citizen with a limited income so the cost is very important to me. Secondly, I sincerely appreciate the dependability of Caspio Bridge because my table has never failed my thousands of clients. Since I first started with Caspio many years ago, my table has never failed. Thirdly, I value the dependability of Caspio Bridge support including the expertise of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who have the ability, knowledge and skills to improve the performance of my table. I am amazed how technicians including [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are able to resolve every little glitch which I encounter. I am very appreciative of their service, professionalism, and friendship.

Cons: I can only think of one issue, and that is the complexity of the 'styles'. This is one area that I always need help with as the learning curve about 'styles' is too steep for me. In the case orf 'styles' I always ask for and receive help from Caspio, and I thank you.

• Reviewed on 7/01/2020
Trenton F.
Manufacturing Director
Machinery, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2020

"Customized Data Reports"

Comments: We were able to work with the project management team to build a productivity, waste, and uptime reporting tool that streamlined our process and cut many labor hours out of each week.

Pros: The software is web based, so you can reach it anywhere.

Cons: If internet is down, the software is not usable.

• Reviewed on 26/05/2020
Jennifer V.
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2020

"Incredible value - We came to try it out, and now it's been 6 years"

Comments: We thought we would build a proof-of-concept on Caspio but ended up building a platform that has served us (and thousands of nonprofits through us) for 6 years. I could not recommend more highly for start ups, nonprofits and others starting on a shoestring and that want to prove a concept before spending big development dollars.

Pros: We created a nonprofit that connects people with donations to organizations that need them. For that, we needed a database. With no budget, we were able to launch. With no IT background, I was able to get started from the tutorials and with helpful staff, have updated and upgraded over the years.

Cons: Starting out without technical experience, it did take some time to learn, but we started with the free plan and it was an incredible value - worth the time investment to learn. There with challenges that the architecture we built as we wanted to grow and change. The Caspio support team has helped us solve many of those with creative workarounds.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2020
Camille F.
Database & Development Asst.
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2020

"What we needed"

Pros: Even though I don't have an IT or software development background, once I learned the basics of Caspio, I found it very easy to use. Caspio's functions can be as complex or simple as you'd like. We use it to create simple 1 datapage, 2 table questionnaires and complex secure applications with 20 datapages, 30 tables, and 4 authentications.

Cons: The learning curve was steep. The training I went to was helpful but it wasn't until I had been working with the software for several weeks that I finally felt comfortable and confident. I'm also the tech support for our applications and I find that there are times when it seems Caspio glitches, but it's hard to tell if it's Caspio or some anomaly in the application. It can take a long time to troubleshoot. It also seems that some browsers have a harder time with Caspio than others.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2020
Jane G.
Implementation Director
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/07/2020

"Excellent solution for our internal operations needs"

Comments: Overall, Caspio has been our solution for all of our internal operations: calendars, utilization tracking and reporting, expertise tracking, forecasting and so much more. In the 2 years we have been live on our new program, we've completely changed the way we can track and report. It has been a real game changer for us.

Pros: I like that we can completely design our system and make enhancements or fixes on our timeline. We aren't tied to a third party developer so we don't have to pay for or wait for new features. We just build them ourselves to completely suit our needs!

Cons: There are some features that would make it even better than it is, such as ODBC integration with Excel (Office 365) and Outlook integration. API's may help with this, but as a non-programmer, that may be a bit above my skillset.

• Reviewed on 6/07/2020
William K.
VP Operations
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2020

"Speed To Market"

Comments: Caspio has provided us the ability to implement web applications quickly, without being held hostage by programmers who care more about job security then addressing client solutions.

Pros: Caspio is very impressive with its ability to allow businesses to create and implement web applications quickly. In today's competitive world, clients do not have any patience and really appreciate a branded solution delivered within days, not weeks, months or years!

Cons: There is still a need to understand Javascript (coding) and the ability to use the Caspio platform with third-party APIs. Zapier is nice, but it really doesn't work well with custom integrations.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2020
Max B.
  • Reviewed on 9/05/2020

"Great Company, Product and Employees"

Comments: My skill sets were a bit rusty but Caspio has enabled me to compete with the big boys. Overall I think they are great.

Pros: There are so many features it is hard to choose the most outstanding. Yes for me it is the best company I have ever dealt with in my 30+ year career. The only thing better than their product is the diverse body of knowledgeable, professional and welcoming employees. They are always anxious to help in completing my projects no matter what. Their very dedicated and patient support team is absolutely second to none. Great Job Caspio!

Cons: The only con is perhaps selfish on my part but it would be great for them to include PDF print in legacy accounts. There is truly nothing to complain about in regards to Caspio.

• Reviewed on 9/05/2020
Gene H.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/10/2020

"Very Positive Experience"

Comments: Very good value and professional team. Would highly recommend.

Pros: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are awesome! The biggest issue when working with developers is their being able to understand your vision. I was pleasantly surprised that they translated my descriptions of what I needed/wanted into a organized vision then a working system. They have patience and what would have taken months with other organizations took weeks.

Cons: I loved the product so sales was a bit too much (we can only give you this deal today) They already had me based on their team and product. Don't like pressure tactics... its the only negative experience I would say I had. That sales technique makes me feel like they think I'm stupid... Like a car lot Maybe need more layout or color options

• Reviewed on 5/10/2020
Col B.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2019

"A small business's view of Caspio"

Comments: We operate tour business offering custom built tours. We looked at many packages but they restricted us in managing and delivering the style and customer service levels we are known for.

Pros: We have a custom built system built on Caspio. It works very well. As a small growing business we have been able to make changes and grow our system as things arround and our needs change. The support has been outstanding.

Cons: The platform is inconsistent in implementation which slows the learning curve and frustrates development. Professional presentation of results is often difficult to impossible without scripts (and i cant write script)

• Reviewed on 10/11/2019
Dinesh M.
Research operations manager
Computer Hardware, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2020

"Efficient and effective software development"

Comments: Caspio solves a number of marketing related communication needs in a very effective, cost efficient manner

Pros: It was built to the specifications we needed, and updating with new needed functionality is something that can be done to meet our needs. Fitting it into our broader suite of technology, within our internal cloud, was also not too difficult. And, we have one point of contact to fulfill all our needs.

Cons: Sometimes response time to needed updates or changes can take a bit longer than desired, but once addressed the team is very collaborative on keeping us updated on status for updates. And there are usually very good reasons for the delays.

Siddharth G.
  • Reviewed on 9/06/2020

"Excellent for every business"

Pros: It offers everything that business need to manage users and it's very cost efficient.
It indeed help us a lot to manage the users which would take a lot of time previously for coding and all but now its all Caspio.
there are lot of tutorials available with lot of troubleshooting page and customer care is the best part over here they are very friendly and responsive.

Cons: Its best as it is i would recommend it to everyone

• Reviewed on 9/06/2020
Matt D.
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"You get what you pay for - and quite a bit more."

Comments: Excellent customer service and the product continues to improve and advance.

Pros: The interface is intuitive enough that a person with no technical experience can jump in and deploy a web application on day 1. With every update, the system becomes more refined and the features are more enhanced.

Cons: In some regards, cost is a factor. Caspio isn’t inexpensive, but you get what you pay for. Actually, you get quite a bit more. When I look back on everything we have accomplished with Caspio, it has more than paid for itself, but it’s a consideration for smaller operations.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Senior Systems Analyst
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2020

"Great out of the box, with options for advanced applications"

Comments: We are converting a manual workflow for a team (with variations depending on individuals) into a stream-lined online application, with consistent data, access control and automatic email alerts for all parties involved. This will allow the team to spend more time on other issues.

Pros: One can create an on-line survey within a few days. Online support (via chat, email or phone) always tries to find a solution for you, and is also honest in stating when your ideas cannot be achieved. There is also a great user forum.

Cons: For a more complex workflow and for refinements in display of data, one has to learn/know about SQL and Javascript

Practice Director
Mental Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2018

"Saved our team!"

Comments: Great solution for a company that is using a "guided selling" process or needs a filter-like database to help their team serve customers. I'm sure there's other applications, but we've loved it for this.

Pros: We were using a small online database app for our scheduling team to have a searchable directory of 100+ clinicians by speciality. That website suddenly shut down and we had to scramble to rebuild. Caspio, found during a late night search, not only saved our team but added huge improvements over the previous software. Love it.

Cons: If you haven't built databases before, it might be hard the first time. Plenty of years of toying with stuff like this though and I had it up and running in a few hours.

• Reviewed on 7/12/2018
Steven P.
IT Director
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2020

"Be your own app developer"

Comments: Once I got the hang of using Caspio I found a use for it in so many areas of my organization. People think I am the hero of the day when I use Caspio to solve various logistical issues that come up in day to day activities. Most of the applications I create are internal, for staff to use to organize data.

Pros: I like how easy it is to use and how I can do mostly everything I want to do. There is a lot of flexibility to the product and it works very well. Over the years I've taken advantage of the free courses and one-on-ones which is really nice to pick up new ideas to add to my apps. To have a developer create these application would have cost me 10's of thousands for a developer, but for a fraction of the price I can make applications that I can edit and change very easily.

Cons: The one thing I dislike the most about the software is that Caspio changed to a new version that offers triggers, more space and bandwidth, my account doesn't have them activated since I'm grandfathered into an old plan, to get the new features it's literally twice the price. I am being charged for overage on bandwidth and don't have access to the new features, but spending twice the money for these new features is still not worth the price.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2020
Colin H.
Developer
Civic & Social Organisation, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2020

"Focus on business software solutions and leave the area of technical infrastructure to experts"

Comments: Over a 5 year period, my dealings with Caspio have been consistent, reliable, responsive and knowledgeable. They appear to have a stable staff retention policy on the frontline of the customer interface.

Pros: The consistency of the interface, technical support, reliability of service and ease of use.

Cons: Control of the user interface and the lack of a header / detail or parent / child database structure and reporting.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2020
Aaron C.
Principa;
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees

"great product"

Pros: I looked at a lot of solutions prior to choosing caspio. The ease of customization, flexibility and pricing won me over. Caspio plans scaled with our business so i never felt like i was paying too much for the service.

Cons: Small learning curve when it came to programming advanced customizations but our use case was very specific so it was expected