Neto Reviews

by Neto E-commerce Solutions

• Overall
    4.2 /5
    3.9 /5

About Neto

Our e-commerce platform enables retailers and wholesalers, of any size, to develop and maintain powerful online stores.

Learn more about Neto

James R.
Sporting Goods, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 7/08/2019

"A PLATFORM THAT WILL GROW WITH YOU"

Comments: Without NETO, the naive start up would not have started. NETO provided me the opportunity to access an efficient e-commernce platform for little cost. It has allowed me to take risks in other areas while I learn about retail the hard way. I'm only using a fraction of the functionality and am comfortable knowing if I grow the business, I do not need to worry about the platform supporting it, if fact, that will be the easy part. The ability to quickly speak to a friendly and helpful human that tries hard to interpret what you need has made all the difference to me as a solo operator.

Pros: - Easy integration with other software / tools, like Xero, Sendle & Stripe for a one stop shop.
- Support is easy to access and vey helpful. Available on phone in Australia - without that hands on support it would not have been possible to get going.
- It is growing and developing too - continually changing and improving capability.
- While we are small, we have plans and this platform will scale easily - start with the platform for the future.
- To save money, with no experience, I was able to build a functioning ecommerce store using a free template - low cost of entry.
- Value for money.

Cons: - Like any big platform there are minor things you can't change, like some sort functions or fields.

• Reviewed on 7/08/2019
Stefan T.
Customer Consultant
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2020

"Great Platform with a Knowledgeable and Helpful Team"

Pros: The Neto platform is great for any small to medium sized business looking to expand their eCommerce outreach with a great team behind the product to help you in any which way they can!

Cons: The Neto system can be difficult to accommodate for larger companies looking to have a fully custom built solution, however, can still be built to accommodate almost all features that are required.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2020
Adam J.
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2020

"Best shopping cart/eCommerce platform in Australia"

Comments: We have been using Neto since early 2017 and they have been fantastic! Not only do they cover all the bases you would expect a shopping cart to and more but they are constantly adding value with new and improved features and their support team is phenomenal. We have been lucky enough to attend some of the events held at their Brisbane HQ and always come away with new knowledge. I would definitely recommend them for anyone or any business looking to take their brand to the next step.

Pros: - Packed with features and always adding more
- Great customer support team
- Transparent and honest

Cons: - Hard to get used to all the bells and whistles to begin with

• Reviewed on 13/03/2020
Logistics Manager
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"Adequate, getting more costly"

Comments: There are workarounds to the most inconvenient aspects and still a lot to like about this software.

Pros: Handles eCommerce to Dispatch very well. With third party modifications required to suit requirements.

Cons: Advanced inventory, while adequate, it misses a lot of important things. Such as only being able to enter landed costs on receiving a PO, by adjusting the purchase price to include a per item costing.
Rising costs will be hard to accept if the service and support does not improve also.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Jj S.
Renewables & Environment, 2-10 Employees

"Local Aussie Business"

Comments: Business is growing and so is the funcationality of Neto

Pros: Neto is a complex platform, it’s helped me grow my business and has many more features that I know I have yet to tap into.

Cons: As a medium business there are sometimes limitations to the time that glitches are resolved. But overall I understand that every business has these growing pains and I enjoy supporting an Aussie business that has support staff in Brisbane

Peter D.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2017

"easy to use and support is very thorough"

Pros: Have found the software consistently fast in operation and user friendly. We run two websites skinned differently and they integrate with our Saasu accounting software very well saving us a lot of admin time.

Cons: There are some inconsistencies in operation eg when exporting some sections like customers you can export a list that has been selected using filters but for products you can only export the entire list of products and then have to sort to get down to the products you want

Mark C.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"An eCommerce Winner"

Pros: Neto has pre-packaged most of what small business needs in an eCommerce platform. We've been very impressed at how much functionality there is and how easy it has been to setup.

Cons: It is not as customizable as something like WordPress.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Alvin A.
Consumer Electronics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2017

"Outstanding value for money for a complete omni channel solution"

Comments: We were able to rapidly launch and scale our business using Neto.

Pros: Abundant amount of features that can be utilised by an omni channel eCommerce business. It allows us to sell through our online store, ebay, phone orders and POS with simple inventory management capabilities.

Cons: There aren't enough available store themes. Lack of available integrations with email marketing platforms for eCommerce. No feature to do refunds.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2017
Sarah R.
BAS Agent
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2019

"Comprehensive online sales solution"

Comments: Out-of-the-box solution to online sales - no technical knowledge required.

Pros: Able to highly segment product categories. Easy to set up.

Cons: Some issues with the automated website security scans - would prefer if more of this was handled by Neto.

• Reviewed on 17/02/2019
Kerrie R.
MD
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2019

"Let down by constant issues with backend of software, in particular Integration/Data Base"

Comments: FRUSTRATING

Pros: Local, Australian Company with wide functions - potentially good!

Cons: NOT HAPPY with handling major integration problems caused by NETO Staff including Management when they have made a mistake costing us $thousands. Have used for 5 years and our frustation levels are through the roof! Potentially a great product but let down by not fixing problems that then multiply out.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2019
Robbin S.
Accounting Intern
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2017

"I haven't used Neto much as I am a new employee, but I have loved what I have seen!"

Comments: Easy and customizable.

Pros: Easy and customizability, search filters are the best. Again, I have not used Neto much but will be able to tell more when I use it more.

Cons: I have not used Neto much to come up with things to improve.. I like what I use at the moment!!!!!!!!!

Cady Z.
admin officer
  • Reviewed on 3/10/2017

"Easy to use , Simple to build"

Pros: Very useful template, can save a lot of time when doing terms and conditions. Since there are templates that are general terms and you just need to edit and change to your own T&Cs. The other good part is all the editing are online, your web will change immediately without exporting then upload. ,

Cons: In terms of customising, there is not much option like some others. Cannot drag and drop whatever pitcher to wherever we want.

• Reviewed on 3/10/2017
Sporting Goods, Self Employed

"Money grabbing disgrace"

Pros: Nothing. They are a greedy disloyal company. Check out Google reviews and other review sites

Cons: What was a fantastic Aussie start-up has turned into a greedy money grabbing disgrace. Supported Neto for about six years with three separate businesses thru Neto's growth period, only to be screwed over by [name removed]'s desire for grandeur. As other reviews have stated, Neto have out of the blue completely changed their pricing structure, increasing my monthly subscription fees 260%. Executive and Neto are holding loyal supporters to ransom by giving us 30 days notice to agree to the price rise or leave. The money we not only invested into Neto thru subscription fees, but the cost of having a customised website and system set up for our Neto operation is now completely wasted. We must now pay to completely rebuild our website and migrate over to a more appropriately priced provider. The excuse for such a price increase was Neto's grand plans to expand into the US. How are they funding such expansions? By price gouging their loyal Aussie clients. In return, Neto say they're offering better service and improving their system; something we personally don't need and haven't asked for. Shame on Neto, shame on Executive. It will be interesting to see if the letters I and other users have sent to the ACCC will keep Neto honest

Jimmy R.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2017

"Neto has made it possible for me to have a wild idea and make it happen, easily and on my own.."

Comments: I was able to turn an idea into a reality by using a standard template that I could build myself. It has allowed me to build slowly, at my own pace, at a good value. If all goes to plan, all the functionality I foresee needed for the future will be available and custom needs are easily done. The biggest benefit beyond the software itself, is the people and their accessibility here in Australia. I asked the stupid questions because I need to if I want to move forward and they do not make me feel stupid, they seem to get it...

Pros: - The ease with which a non-experienced, non-IT person like me can build their own shop, easy.
- The friendly, empathetic, human customer support that is a quick call away.
- The large enterprise scaleability that you have access to just starting out - future proof.
- The ease of integration with in-house and 3rd party add ons, like Xero & Sendle.
- The range of integrated add on options - love the base platform and then you build as you need.
- The direction Neto is going in and how quickly it is adapting to customer needs.
- Quickly becoming a one-stop-shop, fully integrated systems, like they are used.
- It's Australian!

Cons: Minor:
- I'd like the ability to choose ascending or descending ordering as standard
- I'd like the sort function (choosing priority / numbering) of products and pictures to be more intuitive.
- Some more detail in the information box on fields to know what it is used for or a link to guide

• Reviewed on 28/07/2017
Wendy F.
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2018

"B2B and B2C"

Comments: We are happy to have made the change but as it is a platform to suit all, sometimes it is extremely difficult to achieve what we need. Our wholesale/retail supply is one of the biggest industries in the country and the things we need don't appear to reach the people who could make really good changes. Neto seem to be missing the opportunities in this area at the moment. I can't select the right industry as you don't offer it despite offering wholesale/retail for this review.

Pros: There is much to be applauded about the system as a whole as most beginners can fill in and follow the process at a basic level. It really helps us with sales agent and office orders. Most customers find the site easy to navigate. Overall we are very happy to have changed from MYOB as we believe Neto will evolve quickly and much of what we need will eventually happen.

Cons: This system is designed to suit a very wide range of business types however it has some problems when you need to use wholesale pricing ex gst and retail pricing including gst. Some really needed reports don't exist like "sales per item per salesperson." Support has not been able to provide a solution yet to the proper display of price points using two different price structures yet. There are also some unexplained "glitches" from time to time but they are rare.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2018
Chris K.
Import & Export, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/10/2017

"Very positive. Have received good support from Neto. We like the in-house flat rate services"

Comments: Significant efficiency gains. With such a high level of integration, we rarely enter the same information twice. The eBay integration is one of the best I have come across. This saves us a significant amount of time managing eBay listings and enables us to produce a professional eBay store all through Neto

Pros: Shipping integration with just about every Australian Shipper. Ebay integration whilst it felt complex at first, once we understood it and combined it with Crazy Lister we were able to produce a high-quality eBay store completely managed from Neto.

Cons: There is very little from a software point of view we don't like. Most comes down to a lack of knowledge. For example, we would like to run a report that shows us the search queries entered by our customers on our online store. Alo being able to capture and display customer reviews. When an order is delivered we would like to have on order status demoting the order is complete once we receive confirmation the goods have been delivered.

• Reviewed on 7/10/2017
Deena A.
Owner / Founder
  • Reviewed on 9/10/2017

"Thrilled to be working with the Neto team!"

Comments: There is so much information in the Neto system, and so many amazing features that I have to get time to learn. This is not a flaw, but rather, an excellent feature of their system.

Pros: We have been with Neto for over two years, and our business presence online has become extremely professional since we switched to Neto. We love the functionality, the design and the back-end features offered to us by Neto. We have been able to streamline our entire operation through Neto, including selling on several platforms, incorporating different shipping methods, and being able to self-manage our website, which is amazingly convenient for us. We also very much appreciate the excellent customer service offered to us each and every time we deal with the Neto team.

• Reviewed on 9/10/2017
Natalie L.
Admin Manager
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/05/2020

"One of the best decisions we made for our business"

Comments: We were spending hours each day re-entering data from our multiple websites and sales channels and it was a nightmare keeping on top of inventory. Neto has changed all that. Everything is entered once only.

Pros: Easy to use, seemless integration & data feeds across multiple websites and multiple sales channels. Staff no longer wasting hours each day re-entering data. Fantastic customer support

Cons: Nothing comes to mind. On the odd occasion there has been something we haven't liked, it's been so minor that it doesn't matter

• Reviewed on 7/05/2020
Claud P.
System Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2018

"Value for money, Neto is the best choice out there"

Comments: Great, i highly value doing business with Neto

Pros: Cost, easy to use and easy to scale. Plus CS is in Australia

Cons: there is some missing functions that are the standard nowadays, like scan PO in, finance on POS, Import 301

Al N.
IT / Brand Manager / Sales
  • Reviewed on 6/06/2017

"Overall good, unfortunately since singing up 18mths ago growth has negatively impacted on service."

Pros: Ease of use, which will be substantially improved one the MYOB Live integration is actually finished and we no longer have to double-enter all transactions.
In initial validation testing I could see the access to code and [email protected] as key advantages.

Cons: When singing up 18 months ago I made detailed inquiries in to the pending MYOB Live integration as this was a key component in the decision to go with Neto.
After returning to test it again recently, after having had to leave the Beta test due to issues I found being of potential risk to our MYOB company file integrity, I find the same issue I reported 6 months ago still uncorrected.
So here we are 18 months on and we still can't use the MYOB Live integration.
I can't understand how this has been passed to finished on the roadmap given the issues present.
I can see all of the endpoints in place on both API's, they're just not being used for whatever reason, and I can't get any straight answers as to what's happening or when.

• Reviewed on 6/06/2017
Carly W.
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2017

"Moving to neto has been relatively easy. Customer service have been easy to deal with."

Pros: The neto website has enable us to easily despatch with our third party logistics providers making for a seemless despatch. Also the reporting and ease with which you can show which products are in stock or out of stock.

Cons: The problems we are having syncing with MYOB and we are getting frequent syncing errors we have to reset the server.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2017
Peter C.
  • Reviewed on 6/03/2019

"Used to be good, then they got greedy"

Comments: First 5 years great, last 4 years not as good, last 4 weeks, atrocious.

Pros: Price for function was perfect for the small to medium business

Cons: New price structure makes the product unaffordable for the average small business and everything is now either an upgrade or an add on. Pricing charged in US$ and GST added on top, 40%-500+% more costly than before with no better platform just features that no-one asked for added and features people wanted moved to higher plans.

Nicholas L.
Principal
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2018

"Motto should be "Near enough is good enough""

Comments: Overpromised and under-delivered.

Pros: If compared to competition, there is nothing to like about this software. It is being left behind. Many basic feature of warehouse management are not available despite being "Advanced Inventory"

Cons: Abysmal customer service - lack of communication, leaving things unfinished, appalling wait times for assistance. Lots of promised features aren't even released yet (with no expected release dates available)

• Reviewed on 17/07/2018
Bianca M.
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

"Comprehensive e-commerce software"

Comments: Fantastic customer support, I love having an onboarding team and account manager. Once I'd figured out how to set things up it wasn't extremely difficult and I could always ask someone for help. Very happy!

Pros: Firstly, that it's Australian based and charged in AUD. Secondly, how comprehensive it is. There are so many options and functionalities.

Cons: It had a steep learning curve for me, especially after I've used Shopify before which seemed much easier but Neto is more comprehensive.

Dion P.
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2018

"Worst decision ever made"

Pros: Not much, every component they market favorably in seems to have added costs, and that's even if it works properly

Cons: Everything, the GUI is counter-intuitive, hardly works well enough to make sense and doesn't deliver on many fronts

• Reviewed on 28/05/2018