• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5

About Avaza

Collaborate on projects, track time, manage expenses and invoice your customers. Available in the cloud, from any device!

Learn more about Avaza

Simon D.
Sales & Support Director
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2020

"An excellent, intuitive, and easy-to-use project & task management system"

Comments: Right from the outset, the sales process and demonstration walkthrough made the decision to migrate to Avaza easy. Avaza's importing process enabled us to export tasks from our old system and import into Avaza. Avaza's support is very responsive - and they've even made changes based on suggestions from me.

Pros: I have used a raft of alternative task & project management SaaS (software as a service) solutions. Additionally, I have trialled around 15-20 different task & project management SaaS solutions. With out a doubt, Avaza is the best solution I have ever used; it is intuitive, easy-to-use, very responsive in speed, has a great smartPhone app to compliment the web-based system, it integrates with Xero (for accounts), and has a raft of sophisticated features and views (Kanban-styled boards, Gantt Charts, task lists, priority views, status views, etc, etc etc!). The features we don't as yet use include Estimate and Invoicing creation, but we may well move to using these too.

Cons: A great SaaS solution and I think if I was to want to additional features added, then one would be chat integration (currently comments are available, but no chat). And the 2nd would be an enhanced file management facility, whereby you could upload to a File Repository/Folder, tag the image, assign it to a project, rename the virtual file name, and move it to another folder for housekeeping.

by Avaza Software on 22/01/2021

Hi Simon, we are excited to inform you that we have launched the Avaza chat module. The new module enables Direct, Group, Channel and Task chat from a single user interface. A truly unified inbox for all your discussions. The mobile app with push notifications keeps you up to date with all your discussions.

You can learn more by following this link https://www.avaza.com/chat

I hope you enjoy the new chat module and we look forward to receiving your feedback.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2020
Sarah P.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2018

"Functional but not a perfect fit"

Pros: I liked the clean structure of Avaza, and the budget features. It's a good option for a business who doesn't rely heavily on project management to drive their productivity. Their customer service was very helpful though when I was letting them know we were going in another direction and they genuinely seemed to want to know what was driving our decision.

Cons: We run a marketing/PR based business, and we were looking for a one-stop-shop project management and back office system. While we knew that was a long shot, we tried Avaza for several months and even gave them a second go when our current system wasn't doing everything we needed as well. I would have liked to see Avaza have different dashboard customization views so we could tailor the system to be more project centered instead of a financial view upon logging in. Since we use a different billing and accounting software, this data on our dashboard would remain blank and the dashboard wouldn't even be utilized. Also by the time we added all of our employees and contractors to have timesheet accessibility, we would have been paying a lot more in extra monthly fees than we were looking to spend. It just started really adding up for us when other software companies offer these options within their pricing tiers.

by Avaza Software on 31/08/2020

Hi Sarah, thanks for your feedback.

Avaza rolled out a fully customizable account dashboard some time back. User can add and remove dashboard widgets as they wish.

We plan to add to the widget library over time.

As for pricing, we believe Avaza is one of the most price competitive product in the market.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2018
Rachel B.
Principal Consultant and Risk Business Analyst
  • Reviewed on 6/02/2020

"All the basic project management needs for a reasonable price"

Comments: Very easy to use. When in doubt or have questions the support team is very helpful and responds quickly. The live demonstration was very useful and helped answer a lot of my questions.

Pros: I liked that I could have up to 10 users included in the $39.95USD per month fee and that additional users were only $5USD per user per month.
You get all the features for a set monthly price and it is extremely affordable and easy to use.

Cons: The only thing that Avaza did not meet in my expectations was the ability to integrate timesheets with QuickBooks. Otherwise, Avaza ticked a lot of boxes that other companies did not.

• Reviewed on 6/02/2020
Aziz D.
Instagram Marketing Expert
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2019

"The perfect solution for managing freelance projects"

Pros: I would say that one of the best features Avaza offers is the project management feature. It was really easy to use and had allowed me to visualize the progress that was being made in each project.

Cons: Avaza is such a great software and it included way more than what I was expecting. But I think it would be better if the developers provided more frequent updates for the mobile app.

• Reviewed on 23/05/2019
Miguel G.
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2018

"Delivering Client Projects Is Easy With Avaza"

Comments: Avaza is not overly complex, so it cannot accommodate really heavy projects with large teams or complexities. It does, though, provide amazing results for teams with a more direct approach to project delivery. I was able to implement its use in a software development firm that specialized in cloud applications. Specializing in Microsoft's online SharePoint environments, Avaza was the tool of choice to manage projects dealing with migrations and customization of such sites. It did include large projects and small ones, and managed time tracking for billing, as these were on an hourly basis. The features were just right. But because there was no custom coding and developing for which unit testing or QA department involvement, Avaza worked extremely well for them.

Pros: Avaza has all the core functionality that lets any business successfully manage and deliver client projects. It is not just for development projects. It can be used in a wide array of industries because of this basic general core of features. For starters, Avaza manages contacts and distinguishes them between clients (external contacts) and team members. It uses this to connect projects to its clients and the resources that will be working on these projects. The roles for the contacts are manage in the contacts section as well, allowing the admin to connect just the right resources and the features they need. Adding projects is fairly simple, as well. Create a new project and allocate the client to it. That is it. Then add the necessary tasks for the project, allocating team members from the contact list. You can even group into sections that can represent milestones, features, epics, or any description that fits your project or organizational business needs. Project views can also be customized. You can view projects in a Kanban styled board, as a Gantt chart or even as a list. Team members track time against the tasks until completion and the process is quite simple and straightforward. Avaza also provides team scheduling and provides forecasting capabilities across one or more projects. You can also manage timesheets, expenses and recurring expenses for all the projects in Avaza. Avaza offers the capabilities of providing your clients with quotes or estimates for projects, as well as managing invoicing, recurring invoices, credit notes and payments. And you can track all the work via an extensive library of reports.

Cons: Avaza is not a feature rich product for large enterprises or large projects with large teams, as these must track defects, reworks, testing and a host of other tasks that often have dependencies upon others. This is something Avaza does not manage and trying to track this level of effort is not something that can be done. So, this is definitely for smaller organizations or teams with basic projects.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2018
Maria S.
Consultant
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2020

"Best time tracking and invoice software for small consulting firm"

Comments: Avaza has made time tracking of team members and creating invoices much more efficient for us - before we were using Excel and manually making our invoices. We have been using Avaza for about 4 months now, and it has made tracking time so much easier. We now use the reporting function to make sure we are not going over the project's budget and hours.

Pros: I searched through so many different software platforms to use for tracking time and doing invoices - this one could achieve everything our small consulting firm needed - everything can be customized - hourly rate versus project rate, you can change the info in the invoices pretty easily. Not only was Avaza the best price compared to all the other options, but it also had the best features for our company . You can also separate tracking time by client and by project - a feature needed as a consulting firm, but a feature

Cons: I wish the reports could be a little bit more editable - adding in additional foot notes, because we invoice all of our clients in the system, but when consultants want to invoice our company to get paid, they have to create an invoice outside of the system.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2020
Leonda A.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/09/2016

"Very User Friendly!"

Comments: I was searching for a project management software and combed through several of them to see which one best fit my needs and landed on Avaza. It had everything I needed. The ability to create projects for my clients, send them invoices, upload documents, communicate with my clients on specific tasks and much more.

Pros: The best feature is that it is very user friendly, great user interface. I needed something that would be easy for my clients to use more than anything and it gave me that.

Cons: There are no any cons that I can think of at this time. The only thing missing is the ability to actually create a proposal document that my clients could review, sign electronically and pay. Avaza has a quote or estimate feature which is really awesome but if I could also get those features I wouldn't have to use any other products such as Adobe Sign. Overall, the best online project management tool out there - hands down!!

• Reviewed on 6/09/2016
Mantas B.
Software developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 6/01/2021

"Avaza review"

Comments: I was in a team of three people for one project. We tried to find product that fits our needs. Avaza is quite good product, but we decided to use Asana, just because it has better free plan for such a team. In Avaza we needed to pay $9.95, while in Asana we had what we needed for free. If I were alone in that project, I would use Avaza.

Pros: We liked many things about Avaza. First of all it is cost effective. How much You spend depends on team size and members responsibility (it can become a hassle if Your team changes frequently). This product is good for freelancers (like myself), small and medium businesses. What I and my team members liked very much, is intuitive and simple interface. Also, it has many reports and good support.

Cons: Of course, there are some things that we didn't like. For team of three members, we found, that Asana had better pricing options than Avaza. Also, we needed Kanban board (Avaza don't have it). There is no automated forecast of project finish date, budget etc. You must use reports to evaluate how much time is spent and budget used.

by Avaza Software on 22/01/2021

Hi Mantas, thanks for your feedback. Avaza is one of the most price competitive product in the market. At the time of writing this response, Avaza supports unlimited Project Collaborators which provides access to the same features as Asana. We do charge for Timesheet & Schedule features both of which are not available in Asana for free.

We also have support for KanBan and Gantt views with multiple grouping options, so you are certainly covered on that front.

Please feel free to reach out to our friendly 24/7 support team if you require assistance with your account.

• Reviewed on 6/01/2021
Takashi N.
Market Research Director
Market Research, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2017

"Great looking app, simple and intuitive"

Comments: After looking at several apps, Avaza had an integrated solution that was simple and intuitive, and it's actually affordable. No complicated function add-ons, no over the top services. Definitely the top pick for start-ups like us and still has the functionality you need to run things on a bigger scale!

Pros: Look. Feel. So easy to use. We love how creating projects and organizing is simple and intuitive, yet leaves room for customization. The timesheet is easy to use since we don't have to tie in every single entry to a task prior to starting. The report options offered as default were helpful too! We have powerful visualizations without having to pay additional for the same thing. Other apps offer similar or even better reports, but with a hefty price tag.

Cons: - Would have liked to assign multiple people to one task.
- The task status only offers "not started", "in Progress", "completed", but would love to have a completion bar (i.e. 60% status completion)
- Customizable reports? Would be nice.

by Avaza Software on 6/10/2017

Hi Takashi,
Happy to inform you that you can now enter a percentage complete on tasks, and it is visible in all Task views. :)

• Reviewed on 23/02/2017
Cheryl H.
General Manager
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2016

"AVAZA highly recommended!!!"

Comments: I am the General Manager of a developing business in Lima, Peru and we have now been using the AVAZA time and expenses recording system for the last 9 months. Both myself and my team have found that this system is extremely user friendly and easy to use. From a managerial perspective, this system has improved the efficiency of our time and expenses recording, as well as the generation of key reports and monthly invoices issued to clients. The system and the reports available have the opportunity to be developed further and the AVAZA team have been excellent in taking on board our feedback and personalising the system in accordance with our needs. Overall, I would highly recommend this system and support team to any small to medium sized business!

Pros: Ease of use, the availability of management reports and the efficiency of invoice generating & tracking.

Cons: Some reports can be improved or developed, but the AVAZA are supportive of assisting with the same!

by Avaza Software on 13/12/2016

Hi Cheryl,
Thank you for your review and feedback!
Just wanted to let you know that you can now pay for your Avaza account using a Paypal account :)
Have a great day!

• Reviewed on 25/11/2016
Lukasz D.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/02/2018

"Great first impression, tons of features and functionality in reasonable price."

Comments: Great project tracking with tasks well organized, time tracking against tasks and very nice reporting as well as exporting data and importing.

Pros: I like that I can create project structure with sections, tasks and sub-tasks.
All tasks can be tracked against time and completion and shown in nice gantt chart.
Add estimates for each task
Rich and custom reporting
Assign users to tasks and add followers
Capability for clients to have access and see progress of their projects
Uploading files
adding comments

Cons: It seams to take few extra clicks to start timer against task, like select project task and so on.
I wish there was better integration with google drive.
That dashboard is not be customized to user needs.

by Avaza Software on 9/02/2018

Hi Lukasz,
Thank you for your review!
I noticed you mentioned that it takes a few clicks to start tracking time. You can use our timer (shown at the top of every screen) to start tracking time with one click.

We also support attaching files from Google Drive to your Tasks, Task Comments, Estimates and Invoices.

Thank you again for your review, and for any clarifications, please contact [email protected] :)

• Reviewed on 7/02/2018
Yossi S.
Project Planner
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2019

"Great Sftware - a bit more oflline support would be super"

Pros: I like the sociability features in it - you can assign tasks, but also start communication with the team, assign follower to tasks and so n. also, i realy loved the unity in pages. one you learned how things are and where to search for the button you need- it will be the same in the next module or item in the menu third- love the report section - easy to navigate, easy to select the one report you need - again - all filters are the same position in every report - easy to find your way around last - great customer report within the software- within 5 minutes you can chat with someone for help or support. no need to wrap your head around google. great.

Cons: some features are still missing- in exporting and working on projects offline. Avaza support export and import of projects and tasks, but with limitation - you can't edit existing tasks via csv, so if you looking for bulk editing- no way.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2019
Aaron j R.
Digital Projects Manager
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/11/2017

"Great software for basic job/project management"

Comments: Great, cheap tool for basic job and project management.

Pros: First, Avaza has great customer support. I never waited longer than a couple minutes for a response. The price is incredibly affordable, and the features are great if you're using Avaza as your main job/project management tool.

Cons: Avaza, while customizable within itself, doesn't always work well with other systems/software which is only a problem because it's not in-depth enough to eliminate all other software. I wouldn't really call the software customizable as much as you just have a lot of options you can choose from. If you run a lot of different software that needs to tie together, Avaza may not be the way to go.

• Reviewed on 8/11/2017
Maria clara A.
Manager - Marketing, PR and Member Engagement
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 3/01/2020

"Good task manager for teams"

Comments: Avaza is an overall good project software depending on the kind of projects you are dealing with.

Pros: Avaza is a great software for coordinating different activities with a team, you can provide deadlines and specific information for each task

Cons: If you are the project manager and share the software with other project managers there is no filter to see only your projects (only your tasks), also you can't stack deadlines that are dependable on other tasks to be finished. Also, the projects lack a "description" feature for all to see Those are some of the features I find missing on the version I have.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 3/01/2020
Tyler C.
Managing Partner
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2019

"More features than the competition"

Comments: Very good overall. Haven't had to contact support yet - so far it's simple self-service.

Pros: Time tracking is a big element of our work - avaza is much cheaper than the competition in this manner. It also allows us to track projects and tasks in a user-friendly manner.

Cons: Extra charge to connect to quickbooks and other advanced integrations.

• Reviewed on 20/06/2019
Megan S.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2020

"Best Bang for the Buck!"

Comments: Being able to accept payments directly from invoices is invaluable to our small business to ensure that we get funds promptly. Although the free trial is a bit limiting, it gives us a chance to try out the software without having to spend money which is vital to our growth as a company/

Pros: This software makes it easy to keep track of different projects by sending invoices, utilizing the time sheet feature, and being able to bill for time. It allows our company a streamline approach instead of the cumbersome way that we used to utilize Quickbooks.

Cons: We are currently only using the free trial as a test-run to ensure that this product will suit our business needs.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2020
Keryn M.
Business Systems and Processes Consultant
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2017

"Avaza is designed in a way that makes project management and billing time easier."

Comments: Less overwhelm when trying to manage multiple projects and tasks.

Pros: The design of the task lists, and tagging has helped me to manage my tasks a lot easier than other project management software which can be overwhelming and chaotic. The invoicing has great customisation. Also the ability to view tasks in a list, Kanban or Gantt Chart layout is a great feature.

Cons: It is more project based rather than task based, so all tasks must have a project. Within those projects you have sections which are great but there's no where to archive or delete the sections once you've completed tasks within them. The intentions of projects of course are meant to be over a finite period of time, however I like to use programs like this for internal tasks and client work that is one-off tasks as well as projects. So for my requirements I do have to work around the restrictions of the projects a little.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2017
Sara B.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2017

"Best value"

Comments: I just started using Avaza and believe the price is extremely worth it for the features you're getting. We have a small company with a tiny budget and I've tried over 15 softwares before finally finding Avaza, that has (almost) everything we need and is within our budget. The user interface is extremely simple to use, yet the reporting is powerful. The customer support is the best I've experienced so far. I hope this will be a long partnership with Avaza and I will not have to go through the hassle of testing dozens of softwares anytime soon.

Pros: Simplest user interface, best customer support, powerful reporting (especially job costing /profitability).

Cons: Customer account statements should be multilingual like the invoicing is, permissions should have more flexibility (as in choosing specifically which project info to share with team), should have an option for billing method that is "fixed fee" which will automatically be brought to an invoice, a calendar feature would be nice as well. :)

• Reviewed on 25/04/2017
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2019

"Manage resources effectively"

Comments: Highly recommended for small scale projects with less resources.

Pros: It has a great user interface to work effectively. Easy to manage projects and resources effectively.

Cons: I recommend this for small projects but not for large projects. It's great but could be some limitations when applying for larger scale projects.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2019
Thea C.
Recruiter
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2019

"Easy to use, user-friendly PM software"

Pros: Time tracking first & foremost - most PM softwares don't offer an exported time sheet and I love that you can do that with Avaza. Easy of use - very user-friendly and self-explanatory. Not too much fluff/design everywhere so it makes it functional

Cons: I really don't have anything to complain about - I've loved using Avaza so far.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2019
Teacher
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"An advanced resource and project management system"

Comments: I like using avaza but to use it with my college I really have some issue managing permission for them. Per project and subproject permission would be ad greate feature.

Pros: I have used a lot of project management and always like some new approaches to managing my work. Avaza is very user-friendly and has a lot of features for solo workers like me. It just gives me a lot of flexibility to manage all my projects work and all other things that cost a lot of time.
I spend some time using it and it has a similar interface for most of the project management use so no problem there.
I just use the web-based platform for my case which is really very fast and didn't face any lag.

Cons: Avaza is a good project management tool and team communication. But it needs more improvement in team management and googles docs integration.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Sarah bernardina B.
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2018

"Collaborative Project Management Tool"

Pros: It has free access at least you can use it for free when starting your business. Everything you need from tracking Projects, Tasks, sending Invoice, Quotes and Estimates are all in one place. It can also be integrated to Accounting Softwares like Quickbooks and Xero.

Cons: Pricing is a little bit confusing for me. Interface is also not that friendly especially on the managing of projects part. The last time we used it, we had a problem on assigning tasks to each individual but I think that part is now fixed. We haven't used for it now since we found something better but for starters, this is a good starting point.

by Avaza Software on 3/01/2019

Hi Sarah,

I noticed you rated our customer support poorly. I was wondering if you could share your experience with me, as we pride ourselves on having a quick and efficient response for every user within a few minutes of receiving a request.

Regards,

• Reviewed on 28/12/2018
Graphic Designer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2019

"An all in one project management and time tracking tool."

Comments: One of the best project management tool I have ever used. Try it, you will love it!

Pros: Simple interface, greater collaboration
Timesheets have been great use for us.
Reporting feature is really good.

Cons: Pricing model can be re-looked. Apart from that I don’t see any disadvantages with the tool.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2019
Emily B.
Office Administrator
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2016

"System functions"

Comments: Avaza is a very useful tool to organize and keep track of hours used by customers. The system of project control, timing of activities and expenses made allows the entry of an easy and clear way, allowing to have a better control of the project to be carried out.

Pros: Pretty easy to use and able to take control of the activities undertaken

Cons: At the timesheets reports, should not only include the hours per percentage by employed.

• Reviewed on 22/11/2016
Connor B.
Digital Marketing Specialist
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2019

"Avaza helped to improve our project management"

Pros: We utilize this software to manage marketing projects for our clients. It is easy to create and manage tasks that help complete our projects.

Cons: We wish that there was a billing aspect to the software to make it an all-in-one tool for our agency.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2019