Filter by:

• Overall

About Avaza

Collaborate on projects, track time, manage expenses and invoice your customers. Available in the cloud, from any device!

Learn more about Avaza

Gemma T.
Gemma Thirsk
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 9/03/2019

"Avaza has changed my business and alongside that... life!"

Comments: The best thing about Avaza is it solves so many problems in one easy to use program that can be accessed from anywhere. Couple this with a Dropbox account and you can access everything you could possibly need from anywhere with an internet connection. They even have a handy app version for your phone and iPad. Currently my whole sales and design process from start to finish runs from Avaza - estimate, management, invoice, payment and follow ups. My life is easier and I am more productive.

Pros: Project management has become a dream. It is so simple and easy to create and schedule tasks. I can work at a fixed rate or with timesheets easily. Clients can view beautiful estimates and invoices in PDF format or online. The 'pay online' feature is great as it makes it so much easier to get paid - which means less time chasing up invoices!

Cons: I wish Avaza was easier to use in the first instance. After spending some time getting my head round it I have realised it is perfect for what I need but in the beginning I was missing out on some really useful tools as I didn't know about them or didn't know how to use them. Although it is worth mentioning that Avaza's support team are extremely friendly and helpful whenever you have a question. Stick with it, ask the questions and you won't look back.

by Avaza Software on 17/12/2020

Thanks, Gemma for your review and shoutout to the support team.

We are continually improving the onboarding experience with an improved Get Start page, better onboarding emails and more.

• Reviewed on 9/03/2019
Managing Director
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2018

"Great Billing System for Professional Services"

Comments: Great product at a reasonable price. Can help a small company be professional and appear big.

Pros: 1) Professional Invoicing- electronic or paper options and highly customizable.
2) Time Sheets - These are easy and flexible. Love the copy from prior week feature. Time sheet entry is based on projects I've set up with my clients. Tracks against my budget.
3) Reports - these are helpful to run several times a month to see how I'm performing to budget. I can save my favorites.
4) Customer Service - Staff is always available quickly when I need help.
5) Integrations - Integrates easily with email and PayPal.

Cons: I wish they had a simple workflow or training feature that explained how to initially setup: Inventory Items, Projects, Sections, Tasks and Categories and then explained how they related to invoices and time sheets. I figured it out, but it wasn't intuitive when I started.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2018
Jonathan B.
Freelancer
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 4/11/2019

"Great platform - I saved a lot of time with it"

Comments: Project management and client management

Pros: I really like the fact that you can find everything you need in one place. It's help me a lot to organize my time and save time as well. I would definitely recommend Avaza. I tried 5 different platforms in the past few weeks and thats the one that fulfill my needs.

Cons: The only thing that I would like to have an upgrade on is the task management. It would be nice if you can save your time on a task and the task would become "complete" by itself. Sometimes, I look at all my tasks and I'm not always sure if it's done or not. I'm sure Avaza will do something for that.

• Reviewed on 4/11/2019
Josh W.
Founder and Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 2/03/2020

"Keeps you in the know every step of the way"

Comments: We use Avaza to coordinate with multiple freelancers around the country and world, and to keep track of both projects and invoices that we send to clients. Previously we were using two programs to do what Avaza is doing, so this has been far preferable.

Pros: There are lots of ways that Avaza has helped our small business (I know for a fact that it has made a HUGE difference in the amount of time it takes to invoice, for instance!). For my own personal use, though, what I probably like best is the notifications sent straight to my email - including the fact that I can directly access finished projects/documents from those emails. It may seem like a small thing, but this is a huge time-saver when I'm receiving multiple projects on a daily basis. It also serves to keep me on track and aware of where things are in the pipeline.

Cons: "Offset days" for recurring projects is a bit confusing, and I wish that there was a way to remove collaborators we are no longer working with.

• Reviewed on 2/03/2020
Stijn S.
Chief Technology Officer
Industrial Automation, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2020

"Collaborative Project tool"

Comments: Avaza helped us to overcome our geographic distribution. Vydraulics is an organization that is spread over several countries using different project management tools. Being easy to use and cloud based, we could integrate Avaza very easy in our organisation.

Pros: The cloud based software is very easy to setup and learn to team members. It's easy to get an overview of the project using lists, gantt or kanban views. Tasks are easy to plan and follow up. Furthermore the timesheets are well integrated into the software.
The collaboration with internal and external (customers/suppliers) people is well designed and easy to manage.

Cons: It is not so easy to track a project purely on time parameters. Sometimes it requires complex project reporting to get time based (lead times, estimated versus tracked time) parameters the way you want to have them.
The reporting is however very extensive, so you will find your answer. If not, you can always get help from the Avaza support.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2020
Deniz G.
Customer Relations Manager
Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2020

"Budget your projects at an affordable price with Avaza."

Pros: Avaza has an easy to use interface. It's time to stop messing around with multiple apps, subscriptions, and spreadsheets. Avaza is a seamless, productive platform that teams use to collaborate on projects, plan resources, track time, manage expenses and bill clients. I like that it enables us to achieve successful projects with task collaboration, file sharing, discussions, activity flows.

Cons: It is a successful software that does not have anything missing or dislike.

• Reviewed on 18/10/2020
Katie C.
Katie C.
Photographer
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"Project and Client Management with Invoicing All in One Place!"

Comments: Avaza allows me to keep all my clients and their individual projects in one place without sorting through a maze of emails (or worse - missing an email). Since I'm already tracking projects here it makes since to also include my invoicing in the same place. My clients are informed every step of the way and can view and pay invoices from the same place. I believe it is helping me create a better client experience and their customer service has been fantastic!

Pros: I love being able to manage and collaborate with my clients in one place. It's easy to track my time and expenses and then add them to their invoice. They can view project progress, leave comments, and view and pay invoices. On my end I can easily see tasks in the order they should be done according to their due dates. It's ideal for my job as a private photo editor.

Cons: Avaza has the tools I need but I do have a wishlist of things I'd like to see in the future. For one, the dashboard isn't interactive, so you can't actually click on anything and go to that task - it's just a snapshot. I also wish that there would be more options for notifying clients when project status changes to started and complete. Currently I leave a comment to notify them when things are done.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2019
Decio H.
Digitalization Engineer
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2020

"Avaza"

Comments: I would say It's a nice software. The features they provide is very similar with others we used before so this facilitate the migration.

Pros: Easy to use, integration with other softwares (Expensify, QuickBooks), simplicity. The features they provide is very similar with others we used before so this facilitate the migration.

Cons: It's missing few features that could be interesting: Team Schedule could be visible not only for admin, on TimeSheet (for <Pending Approval> and <Approved> its not visible start/end time)... and few others

• Reviewed on 28/02/2020
Kevin K.
Kevin K.
President / Chief Technologist
  • Reviewed on 7/02/2018

"Fantastic product, even better support"

Pros: The support is just plain awesome. There is someone there to respond to support requests almost all the time even though they are in a timezone that is over a day away. The time tracking portion of the software just works fantastically, the billing is excellent, and it's just very impressive how much this product can do.

Cons: Time is calculated out to 4 decimal places but they don't always show all of the decimals, which can create some goofy reports. There is an option to round the time for billing and reporting but often times we would prefer to adjust the time up or down rather than simply round.

• Reviewed on 7/02/2018
Maria J.
Translation & Localisation, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2020

"All-in-one solution"

Pros: Avaza has everything that I could possibly need for my small online business: timesheets/time tracking, team scheduling, project management and invoicing. I am still discovering new feats and getting used to it. I love it so far. Beautiful, clean interface and it's easy to get the hang out of it.

Cons: So far I have not encountered any Cons, but I haven't used it long enough. Will keep exploring all of its capabilities.

Alternatives Considered: ClickUp, FreshBooks and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Avaza: It brings together a bunch of functionalities that would otherwise be offered by two or more products (like invoicing and project management)

• Reviewed on 18/03/2020
Chris E.
Chris E.
Managing Partner
Management Consulting
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2018

"Feature Rich, Great Value, Full Customization!"

Pros: We spent some time reviewing our options for a solution to help us manage multiple client projects. Did our due diligence and made sure all (almost all) our requirements were checked off. Avaza is a solid solution, with a vast array of features that we can now leverage to deliver our projects more effectively. We can assign external resources (including our clients) to project tasks, track schedule, budget - among maybe a thousand things we haven't even found yet. The support team at Avaza is fantastic, very helpful and responsive. Customer reps are rockstars! The number of integrations (either direct or through Zapier) is phenomenal. Especially the direct integration with Quickbooks. If you're looking for a comprehensive delivery and project management solution you should definitely give Avaza a deep look.

Cons: With such a comprehensive solution, the initial setup took some time. Probably a bit more than we were expecting, but it was time well spent.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2018
Gabriel A.
Gabriel A.
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2020

"Amazing cost for an amazing platform"

Pros: Avaza is clean, simple and yet powerful providing great insights for small companies in its built in report analytics. The price is highly competitive!

Cons: I haven't found a way for external users to collaborate in our projects

Alternatives Considered: Asana, Trello and monday.com

• Reviewed on 15/05/2020
Michael S.
Michael S.
SVP, Creative Director
Marketing & Advertising, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/09/2021

"Ideal for tracking time, customers and invoices"

Pros: Avaza can track everything from hours spent to costs and make staggering assessments, and Avaza is positively proficient at using time productively and making accurate proposals for clients based on verifiable information. I separate my projects by client and can, without much effort, add deadlines to make sure I am meeting time constraints.

Cons: invoices should worked more like statements or recommendations, where the client can pick an alternative, acknowledge and give a mark.

• Reviewed on 9/09/2021
Jed B.
Jed B.
CEO, Co-Founder, Developer
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2019

"Checked almost all of our boxes for an all-in-one management system"

Comments: Avaza checked most of the boxes for an all-in-one management system that our company was desperately needing. We spent 4+ weeks trying to figure out how to implement another platform and after wasting $800, decided to give this a try. It was immediately apparent that Avaza is extremely intuitively designed for usability with a very shallow learning curve while being very robust. I'm still finding features that are super cool. So, in under 1 week, we're almost completely migrated over to Avaza, including all our invoicing.

Pros: Within 20-30 minutes of initiating the trial, I'd been through a big chunk of the platform and already created invoices – without even referencing the help section. Seriously one of the most intuitive pieces of software I've ever used.

Cons: We have one use that we will ultimately need this software for: auto-billing – which is on the roadmap, but not a feature yet. Avaza provided a workaround for us and we can't wait until it's a feature :)

• Reviewed on 15/02/2019
Luca M.
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2021

"Good overall"

Pros: What I like most about Avaza is the web app, which is pretty straightforward to use.
In few minutes I understood everything I needed for my job.

Cons: What I like least about Avaza is the API, which is sometimes limiting.
Thankfully, the Avaza team seems willing to extend it.

by Avaza Software on 3/09/2021

Hi Luca, thanks for taking the time and leaving us a nice review. Our API team is adding new features on a regular basis.

Feel free to reach out to our friendly customer success team via chat on our website with any requests you may have.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2021
Vice President of Operations
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2019

"We love Avaza for our digital agency"

Pros: - generally easy to set up and use
- love the timesheets and time schedules
- nice to have both lists, gantt, and kanban views of tasks

Cons: - some reporting features need to be upgraded and allow for viewing with the active project vs. pulling reports

• Reviewed on 13/06/2019
İrfan Ç.
Industrial Engineering Student
Industrial Automation, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2/04/2020

"Golden Project Management tool for Micro,Small and Medium Scaled Projects"

Pros: This program almost feels like you're running a project in an ERP program.When we look at the interfaces, there are really useful menus such as Gantt chart and invoices and they are easy to use.I recommend this application because it is easy to integrate into the project, it works fast and its interface is understandable for the user.

Cons: I didn't find any major issues.It might be hard for smaller shops or start-up companies because when they go deep they can drown in the details.

• Reviewed on 2/04/2020
Project Manager / Front End Developer
Graphic Design
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"Great alternative to competitors, great support"

Pros: This product is straightforward, simple, and it does what it is supposed to, for a reasonable price.

Cons: Commenting on cards can get a little disorganized, there should be a way to organize in threads or something similar

• Reviewed on 15/03/2018
Paul K.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2016

"Avaza Ease of Use and Functionality"

Comments: With Avaza as not the case with other CRM/Project management tools is the all-inclusive functionality. Avaza has project reporting and the ability to use the timer to record work done on tasks and projects. This rolls up into the timesheet which is a very useful function and many of the other CRM's do not have the timer-Timesheet functionality. Great feature!

Pros: Ease of use and integrated functions

Cons: Somewhat simplistic. Needs to be more robust.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2016
Brittany N.
Strategic Account Specialist
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2020

"Avaza is a robust project management system"

Comments: Managing projects.
Task creation and assignment are made easy by Avaza.

Pros: I like that Avaza simplifies issue, time and cost tracking on projects.
Integration with third-party applications is an added advantage as it advances capabilities.

Cons: I slightly dislike the fact that Avaza lacks offline access capabilities to synchronize data while offline.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2020
Content Specialist
Writing & Editing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2019

"Avaza is a great tool to track time and keep up with projects"

Pros: I like the ease of use the most. It's very simple to navigate around the site, and it takes no time at all to log my hours.

Cons: There really isn't anything I don't like.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Creative Development Director
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2019

"Happy Freelancer"

Pros: As a freelancer, I typically have to log my own hours which entails me typing out crude hourly logs of the jobs that I'm on. Also typically ends up with me rounding off the hours worked. Avaza makes it insanely easy for me to just click a start and stop for my hours and it logs it properly to the minute.

Cons: In my experience, the software operates out of a web browser which wasn't entirely ideal for me but hardly a huge issue. There may well be a desktop app for it but I don't know about one.

by Avaza Software on 21/02/2019

Hi :)

Thanks for your review!

Just wanted to let you know that we are working on both desktop and mobile native apps. We will let you know once this is launched.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2019
John K.
John K.
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2018

"Avaza has a simple and intuitive interface. The learning curve is flat."

Comments: Better ways to share a project between developer and clients.
A greater overview of where we are in the project.
And its easy to add new task on the fly i.e. at a meeting since you can just push return and a the task gets saved, new task is ready to filled

Pros: Its simple and fast, and helps a lot in the daily workflow.
Each task has a lot of posibillities and even commenst can have attachments. So while working on an assignment, others can comment.

Cons: Since comments on tasks works great, and its part of the flow, its unfortunate, that it doesn't auto update the page, so new comments will pop in. You have to refresh the entire page to see IF a new comments has arrived

• Reviewed on 18/07/2018
Rosa C.
Accountant
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2016

"My description of Avaza"

Comments: It's a friendly, non-complicated and functional system in which we can see hours, expenses and invoicing. Great system!

Pros: The functionality about the worked hours of my team. I can see all their day-by-day development.

Cons: The way of invoicing, because of we have to change into my country laws.

• Reviewed on 24/11/2016
Faith W.
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2019

"User Friendly, Helpful Features, Helpful Support"

Comments: I'm transitioning from another project management software that I've been using for over a year. It costs more, is too cumbersome, the user interface isn't appealing, and getting the data you need to be exported into easily readable reports takes too long. Avaza is solving all of these issues for our team.

Pros: The user interface is appealing to work with and it is pretty easy to navigate. The support team was very helpful in answering questions and helping me learn how to make the most of the software.

Cons: Some of the features feel redundant, like having to add a person to a task after they've been assigned to the project in order for it to appear on the weekly schedule.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2019