• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.4 /5

About Accelo

The most flexible, powerful, and automated service operations platform for service businesses, Accelo helps you stay in control.

Learn more about Accelo

Susie S.
President & CEO
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2020

"Game Changer for our Professional Services Company"

Comments: The implementation support was excellent. They really worked with us to configure Accelo to meet our business needs. The tool meets 90-95% of our needs, and they continue to improve upon it. Their support team is one of the best we have seen (we have used many products over the years).

Pros: Accelo provides a CRM, sales funnel, statements of work (quoting), active work (projects and ongoing), time tracking and invoicing -- all in one fully integrated platform. The tool is quite user-friendly if set up properly for your business.

Cons: The integration with QuickBooks Online needs some additional features.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2020
Amel M.
Marketing analyst
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"Teamwork and report"

Pros: It's the perfect app for teamwork, log your time, make a report and to let you know where the project is heading.
Easy tracking of the project and who is working on it.

Cons: It's not that easy to set at first.
You need to be careful when you tracking you.
The reports are not very easy to read and you cannot have them in pdf.
You have to report the exact time that you were working on each task.
Unfortunately, as sometimes I am doing many tasks at the same time its not really realistic for me to track the exact time.

by Accelo on 29/08/2019

Thanks for your feedback, Amel! I'm hoping that the work we're doing on with reporting right now will be something you find a lot of value from!

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Tom B.
Head of Operations and Finance
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2019

"Scale Your Business"

Comments: Business scaling
Quality control
Task management
Utilisation
Transparency for clients
Cost management

Pros: We are able to fully process our business with the detailed project plans, scheduling and capacity tracking which gives us very detailed and accurate forecasting for capacities. The whole business now trusts the reliability of the system and the data in it so much that we report daily on the state of play with task management and capacities to move resources around which helps us deliver work quicker for our clients. We are forecasting for hiring new resources based on the system data, conducting price reviews and making lots and lots of continuous process tweaks with the confidence that Accelo is our living process documentation via the templates. Also, with the detail in the project plans is something we are able to leverage in the sales process to show prospects we have robust processes that will ensure the best quality content creation.

Cons: There are still some more features we would love to see in the future which would help us automate more and reduce admin but the revamp on the community ideas page gives great confidence to everyone at Digital 22 that if it will benefit enough people then there is a good chance we will see these and more great updates in the near future.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2019
Valentina B.
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"Flexible, customisable, easy to use"

Comments: Business clarity on tasks and requirements and deadlines are definitely my favourite. I love the platform a lot, but as a small business (1st year of operation), it's by far my biggest expense after rent (and not much between the two figures). Perhaps my set up isn't correct with user admins, but the #1 priority is for timesheets, and for that, everyone seems to need the most expensive option. Honestly, I'm at a point where I have to review other platforms because of the cost, but I really don't want to because I do honestly believe in what Accelo can do and if using all the right features, I know will be integral for the business to grow.

Pros: I love that I don't have to teach my team to use Accelo, they get their login and they are away. The scheduling tool appears really powerful to streamline the use of studio production. Love the task management and budget flow, it really is the most comprehensive platform I've used and I've tried quite a few before investing in Accelo.

Cons: The charge per user, when some of my users are just timesheeting and not much else. For a monthly cost, it can build quite quickly with part timers and freelancers involved in the business. I find the PDF of templates a bit clunky, whilst they can look great on the screen, they don't always PDF accurately. Biggest bug bear is the inflexibility with proposals to show a weekly cost, one off cost, monthly cost or annual cost. It seems to calculate and bundle as one. This would be a good game changer to have these options sorted out.

President/CEO
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/02/2019

"Wildly underrated email integration and excellent business process automation"

Comments: Accelo customer service is excellent. They are very responsive, quick to fix any issues that arise, and are always working on improvements and new features.

Pros: The email integration is fantastic, allowing for automatic email capture from all of our team, customers, and suppliers while simultaneously addressing the need for privacy controls in that solution. Most other solutions require the team to manually interact to add those interactions and, well, that just doesn't happen. I don't think Accelo touts that functionality nearly as much as they should. The ability to automate our business processes is a tremendous value as well. Consistency, minimizing mistakes, and reducing training time of new employees are critical factors for our success and this type of automation has proven to be worth the effort it takes to set it up correctly.

Cons: The target market for Accelo is primarily agencies/service-based companies that invoice time and materials. We are an Electronics Manufacturing company and as such, there are many aspects of Accelo that aren't highly applicable in our environment (though we've been surprised on how we've been able to tailor it suit our needs!). With that, there are many features that just don't apply.

• Reviewed on 5/02/2019
Christian M.
Vice-President
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/11/2016

"Amazing CRM and Project Management Tool for your small or midsize biz"

Comments: At the same time this online tool comes out of the box ready to run and play, it also allows you and your business to customize the workflows and projects skeletons to shape to your business requirements... Zero coding programing... everything is very intuitive, visual and helps you manage and delegate the entire process since the moment the client/customer knocks the door to approving and billing. It's helping my business grow and helping create accountability across our teams and employees.

Pros: At the same time this online tool comes out of the box ready to run and play, it also allows you and your business to customize the workflows and projects skeletons to shape to your business... Zero Programing with Coding.. everything is very intuitive, visual and helps you manage and delegate the entire process since the moment the client/customer knocks the door to approving and billing. It's helping my business grow and helping create accountability across our teams and employees.

Cons: needs improvement in mobile app. need to provide better training on setting up when starting from scratch, even after paying for the full initial setup package.. still needed to invest internal time to personalize the tool to our requirements

Owner, President
  • Reviewed on 3/11/2017

"Beware of what you're getting into"

Pros: The tool is very powerful. It has a lot of features that allow you to do time tracking, project management, client communication, invoicing and much more. I think because it is trying to be so many things, it is lacking in most all of those areas and the user experience and overall feature set is quite cumbersome and falls below expectations for the money.

Cons: The tool is overly complicated and lacks what you would consider basic features in so many ways. Our team of 8 people spent over 200 hours learning the tool and we are still learning and still frustrated weekly. They try to say that you can make the tool do about anything you want, but doing even the basics requires a tremendous amount of time. Things that should take 30 seconds often take multiple minutes. The system loads pages so slowly that it's not uncommon to watch the wheel spin for 30+ seconds which seems like an eternity when you are trying to work. I would not purchase the tool again and I would not recommend it to others unless you have a full time staff of IT or super users who will do nothing but manage the tool.

by Accelo on 8/11/2017

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with Accelo so far. We offer support via email or over the phone, we are happy to offer any help needed in configuring Accelo to best fit your needs.

Feel free to reach out to us: [email protected]

• Reviewed on 3/11/2017
Sarah C.
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 6/02/2019

"Best all-rounder for service agencies"

Comments: Using Accelo as a solo web developer I've saved money on separate tools, and can present a professional looking approach to my clients. I can also take a project through steps from selling the idea, producing, building and invoicing for it in one system.

Pros: I love that Accelo integrates sales, projects, tickets, time tracking and invoicing. It feels like there's a place for everything and everything is connected.

Cons: There are a lot of rough edges, both poor UI choices and pieces that don't quite have the functionality expected. I get it, its a big system and it's hard for that to be elegant – but I wish they'd spend more time trying.

Shawna P.
People Advocate
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2017

"TimeEntry/Expenses/Invoicing"

Pros: Though we don't use all of the features we do use it for several key functions including TimeEntry - Expense reporting - Invoicing etc. Nice to have one system to avoid numerous integration points, and reduce redundant data entry. For a small company we found it cost effective in comparison to others and keeps everything in one organized spot for increased productivity.

Cons: Can be a bit touchy with removing users. Removing a user shouldn't delete them from ever existing in the history. Know what you're doing-take advantage of their training.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2017
Sara B.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2017

"Great experience, but a bit over our budget"

Pros: Accelo has a lot of modules, likely more than you need, but that's good because it can grow with you. I like the new projects module and how the project overview dashboard can help a lot with project planning. It is very fast and easy to add time to tasks and milestones. I also appreciate the estimates function and how easy it is to turn an estimate into a project. I think Accelo makes it much easier to keep your projects on budget.

Cons: I felt a bit overwhelmed with Accelo because of all the tabs, features and buttons. I think they cleaned it up a bit recently but I still feel it is a bit more cluttered than other softwares. The price is also quite a bit more than some of their competitors.

by Accelo on 24/10/2017

Hi Sara,

I appreciate your feedback! I'll make sure to relay these issues to our product team.

Kind regards,

• Reviewed on 25/05/2017
Ian W.
Onsite Technician

"Accello"

Comments: Accelo is an excellent ticket and project system, especially for a company that manages many clients. It has a bit of a learning curve, but once you get used to it it becomes second nature.

Pros: Accelo has a really robust ticket system which automatically emails those involved with the ticket when a change is made. It is excellent for managing projects that involve multiple people. Accelo can also send out reminder emails that a task is waiting for more information.

Cons: There are some buttons and functions that don't have clear explanations. When it comes to filtering tickets there are so many options it it really easy to include so few that you don't get useful results, or you can include so many there are no results at all. Some drop down menus are also very quick to snap shut if your cursor wanders a bit.

Prayank K.
Application Consultant

"Use of Accelo"

Comments: The overall experience is great and the functionality to manage all the different functions/areas in one application is amazing.
The integrated environment makes it easy to use and track things which otherwise becomes difficult in island systems.
Except for reporting, I think it is a great tool to use and manage all the different areas.

Pros: 1. It has lots of features that are available
2. Love the product as it allows to manage customers, projects, contracts, finances and time management in the same application
3. Great list of features in each of this areas to manage them
4. Google Calendar integration for time tracking is fantastic
5. Very user friendly

Cons: 1. Integrations with PowerBI are very limiting
2. There is no reporting available for customer/support insights
3. Slow load times for Support

Colin S.
Product Manager
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2017

"Very good solution for all in one CRM and PSA"

Pros: The best part about Accelo is the across the board integration. We always struggled with a) getting everyone on the same page and b) having info in far too many places. Getting everything in one system has been huge.

Cons: The reporting is probably the weakest point right now, for us at least. There is basic dashboard reporting (and VERY good excel exports) but its not customizable very much at all.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2017
Mark J.
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"Great tool!"

Pros: Accelo is an excellent tool for project management, planning, tracking. The dashboard options allow us to plan our day accordingly, it have helped me with greater efficiency. Deadline dashboard, one of the best feature.

Cons: Implementing the software for your project isn't easy, therefore assistance is needed, therefore the accelo team was able to help us with that.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2018
Nathan B.
System Analyst
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2018

"Accelo Review"

Comments: I have been very pleased with Accelo overall with the timely fashion of bug fixes, new developments and the amount of options they provide. Look forward to continuing to work with them.

Pros: I love how Accelo ties into my every day work load by bringing my gmail, calendar and tasks into Accelo and let me track things from one location. I can track so much more in Accelo then I ever could in our past MSP solution ticket system. Love the support and bug fixing timeline.

Cons: Biggest issue is we are not able to track passwords in this systems. Being an MSP solution we have thousands of assets and many per company. We would like to see a system in place for that. More asset options to track per asset and tie into tickets.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2018
Patrick C.
COO
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"Easy to use, highly configurable for work processes"

Comments: We have been able to accurately generate billing for monthly as well as hourly work -- with the work done quantified to the customer on their statement. So it has allowed us to show the value that we add to our customers as well as bill them appropriately for the work that we do.

Pros: It is easy to configure for our internal and external processes. As our processes change, workflows are easily updatable. Simple, intuitive user experience.

Cons: There are a ton of application integrations available, however a larger app integration library would be useful.

Consultant
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/01/2019

"Great Business Tool"

Pros: One of the only tools available that integrates CRM, project planning and billing in one easy to use layout!

Cons: Frequent updates make getting used to the tool a bit slow. Navigation between projects/work/client can be confusing at the beginning until you get used to the lingo.

• Reviewed on 2/01/2019
Kajal U.
Executive Assistant
Accounting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/02/2019

"Its good and eficient"

Comments: keeping track of tasks

Pros: Its easy to use and keeps everything at one place

Cons: there are many features i would like to use but dont know how to use it

• Reviewed on 7/02/2019
Dave J.
Operations Director
  • Reviewed on 2/11/2016

"Excellent tool for a Marketing Agency looking to get hold of productivity"

Comments: Before we used Accelo, time spent on work was gathered via a rather ugly Outlook task list workaround, which was neither practical nor scaleable. Accelo's project and retainer scheduling functionality allows us to book-in large projects much more easily than before, and also ensures that time is tracked more accurately, allowing senior management to find true profitability of projects and marketing services. Of course there are a few elements of Accelo that could be improved, but one of the benefits of working with Accelo is that they listen to their clients. I am constantly in touch with Geoff and the team to offer ideas and help with beta testing, which makes me feel like a valued customer.

• Reviewed on 2/11/2016
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 9/01/2018

"Excellent app"

Pros: I use this to keep track of tasks I need to complete monthly for my bookkeeping clients. I also love that it has built timers and will invoice for the time through accelo or it will send the invoice to accounting software.

Cons: The projects need to be created each month but you can set up templates to speed this up. Would like it if the retainer automatically created a new project each time it renews.

• Reviewed on 9/01/2018
Andrew L.
Paid Search Manager
  • Reviewed on 8/02/2019

"Accelo Project Mgmt Review"

Comments: Overall positive, helped keep us very productive, will continue to use it happily

Pros: - Good for keeping us on task
- Efficient, easy
- Timers are really effective and intuitive

Cons: - I find it difficult relocating tasks
- So many screens; I feel like the task screens, my schedule are basically the same things repackaged

• Reviewed on 8/02/2019
Maya C.
HR consultant
Government Administration, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2018

"A great tool for project management and hour tracking"

Pros: It's easy to search for different projects for inputting hours. It provides an easy to read overview of the hours I worked this week as well as an easy to read dashboard for a general overview for each projects status (including contract start and end dates, hours left on the contract, how much of a contract has been used, etc.)

Cons: I do wish it was easier to relocate hours to different projects or when hours are input into different dates. It can take more time than necessary to fix when a full day of hours are input incorrectly.

Liv N.
Management Consultant
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/11/2016

"Flexible and intuitive CRM / PSA"

Comments: Accelo has been a great solution for our company - we replaced our old CRM that was integrated into Outlook (but nothing else!), and have found Accelo has many functions that go beyond what we were expecting from a CRM system. We haven't had any major issues so far! The amount of flexibility / customisation available in Accelo has been just right for our business.

Brendon O.
Digital Business Analyst & Co-Founder
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/11/2015
  • Reviewed on 4/11/2015
Amitaf D.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 1/11/2016

"A truly all in one business web application"

Comments: Accelo brings all the tools we need to run our business under one umbrella. We can see and be aware of everything that is going on right within Accelo. We wish it had a KB (Knowledge Base) system built in into the system.