• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.4 /5

About Accelo

The most flexible, powerful, and automated service operations platform for service businesses, Accelo helps you stay in control.

Learn more about Accelo

President/CEO
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/02/2019

"Wildly underrated email integration and excellent business process automation"

Comments: Accelo customer service is excellent. They are very responsive, quick to fix any issues that arise, and are always working on improvements and new features.

Pros: The email integration is fantastic, allowing for automatic email capture from all of our team, customers, and suppliers while simultaneously addressing the need for privacy controls in that solution. Most other solutions require the team to manually interact to add those interactions and, well, that just doesn't happen. I don't think Accelo touts that functionality nearly as much as they should. The ability to automate our business processes is a tremendous value as well. Consistency, minimizing mistakes, and reducing training time of new employees are critical factors for our success and this type of automation has proven to be worth the effort it takes to set it up correctly.

Cons: The target market for Accelo is primarily agencies/service-based companies that invoice time and materials. We are an Electronics Manufacturing company and as such, there are many aspects of Accelo that aren't highly applicable in our environment (though we've been surprised on how we've been able to tailor it suit our needs!). With that, there are many features that just don't apply.

• Reviewed on 5/02/2019
Valentina B.
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"Flexible, customisable, easy to use"

Comments: Business clarity on tasks and requirements and deadlines are definitely my favourite. I love the platform a lot, but as a small business (1st year of operation), it's by far my biggest expense after rent (and not much between the two figures). Perhaps my set up isn't correct with user admins, but the #1 priority is for timesheets, and for that, everyone seems to need the most expensive option. Honestly, I'm at a point where I have to review other platforms because of the cost, but I really don't want to because I do honestly believe in what Accelo can do and if using all the right features, I know will be integral for the business to grow.

Pros: I love that I don't have to teach my team to use Accelo, they get their login and they are away. The scheduling tool appears really powerful to streamline the use of studio production. Love the task management and budget flow, it really is the most comprehensive platform I've used and I've tried quite a few before investing in Accelo.

Cons: The charge per user, when some of my users are just timesheeting and not much else. For a monthly cost, it can build quite quickly with part timers and freelancers involved in the business. I find the PDF of templates a bit clunky, whilst they can look great on the screen, they don't always PDF accurately. Biggest bug bear is the inflexibility with proposals to show a weekly cost, one off cost, monthly cost or annual cost. It seems to calculate and bundle as one. This would be a good game changer to have these options sorted out.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Tom B.
Head of Operations and Finance
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2019

"Scale Your Business"

Comments: Business scaling
Quality control
Task management
Utilisation
Transparency for clients
Cost management

Pros: We are able to fully process our business with the detailed project plans, scheduling and capacity tracking which gives us very detailed and accurate forecasting for capacities. The whole business now trusts the reliability of the system and the data in it so much that we report daily on the state of play with task management and capacities to move resources around which helps us deliver work quicker for our clients. We are forecasting for hiring new resources based on the system data, conducting price reviews and making lots and lots of continuous process tweaks with the confidence that Accelo is our living process documentation via the templates. Also, with the detail in the project plans is something we are able to leverage in the sales process to show prospects we have robust processes that will ensure the best quality content creation.

Cons: There are still some more features we would love to see in the future which would help us automate more and reduce admin but the revamp on the community ideas page gives great confidence to everyone at Digital 22 that if it will benefit enough people then there is a good chance we will see these and more great updates in the near future.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2019
Daniele D.
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2015
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2015
Marcus P.
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2018

"Sales center loves it!"

Pros: Our entire sales center really love this product! We found it super helpful and it really does change our workflow for the better

• Reviewed on 28/02/2018
Software Engineer Apprentice
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2020

"Accelo is a great tool for companies!"

Pros: I like how easy and convenient Accelo is to use. Lots of features and easy to understand layout.

Cons: I think everything is great! I have no cons to report

• Reviewed on 19/10/2020
Ben T.
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2017

"Professional services automation tool"

Comments: Our business moved to Accelo about a year ago and allowed us to combine several software tools into a single PSA tool. There are a lot of great features and I love how everything is integrated. It is a significant lift to integrate into an organization but will bring together parts of your business that was not possible with separate tools.

by Accelo on 24/10/2017

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your feedback! I do see that the ease of use rating is pretty low at 2/5 stars. I'm curious if there are any changes that you would like to see that would improve the ease of use of Accelo for you?

Kind regards,

• Reviewed on 10/01/2017
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"Easy to use and has lots of features."

Pros: I love all the features under one dashboard, I really like the drag and drop functionality and dont get me started on the Office 365 integrations ( I love it)

Cons: I haven't found any problem, everything seems to work and do what I need.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Adam B.
Lead Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"Great CRM"

Pros: Easy to use and set up clients, their assets, and work needing to be done for them both on a one time and regular basis.

Cons: Some setup items are not as obvious as I'd prefer but the support team is very helpful and quick to respond to our issues.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2019
Stephanie R.
Strategy Director
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2018

"Good product but lots can be improved"

Comments: The potential is there, but there is still a way to go to make it really valuable for businesses.

Pros: The price and the functionality is great. Very easy to start using.

Cons: Some aspects of it are too complex (e.g. the gantt charts) and some are too simplistic (the financial reporting and invoicing). Especially the financial forecasting and administration should be strengthened as a priority!

by Accelo on 29/08/2019

Thanks for your feedback, Stephanie! We've recently upgraded the gantt chart, but we certainly empathize about the experience you (and other clients) had at the time of your review with that part of the product in particular.

With more than half of the people in our company focused on product (design, development, QA, etc) we're working really hard to improve those areas that are complex, frustrating or have shortcomings.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2018
Analyst
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2018

"Good value CRM system."

Comments: Driving efficiency and consistency in our client relationships.

Pros: This has enabled us to streamline and make our whole sales process much more consistent across the organisation. It also comes in at a good price point.

Cons: There is not all of the bells and whistles that you get with some CRM systems however due to the good price and functionality it is still a very good option.

• Reviewed on 25/04/2018
Darby Y.
principal
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2016

"Great Project. Clean and user friendly"

Comments: Very easy to use. It's customization is awesome. There staff take the time to train us and every question is answered in detail.

Pros: customization, layout and app

Cons: none

• Reviewed on 28/06/2016
Owner / IT Consultant
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2018

"Great for switching away from Connectwise Manage"

Comments: Pretty great - I am saving a lot of money compared to my slow Connectwise Manage configuration that wasn't that well integrated with Connectwise Automate anyways. I had to change away from CW Manage due to cost and slowness and Accelo is definitely better in both respects.

Pros: Fast interface and costs less than Connectwise Manage.

Cons: Still has a couple niggling details to make my day faster that they are still working on - filtered list of tickets resets when a change is made and you have to reload the filter. Nothing that is a showstopper.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Megan T.
Marketing Assistant
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2019

"Good - not great"

Pros: There are so many features to Accelo! I loved that I could be very specific about tasks and milestones.

Cons: It's pretty confusing. Luckily, there are jam-packed informational videos to help you but even at that, the videos are long, boring, and complicated.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2019
Wayne W.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2018

"Great product for startups"

Comments: Great to create projects, managed services agreements, invoicing, cost models, quotations. Great overall product.

Pros: I wanted a great PSA, one that I could stand up quickly and get to work without hours and hours of churn. This fit the bill great. It integrates well with QuickBooks, my RMM, and email platforms. And it is reasonably priced.

Cons: It still feels young in its product lifecycle. The integrations, while solid, have the opportunity for greater and greater automation. Looking forward to the progression of the product.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2018
Analista de Aplicaciones Internas
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2018

"Filters and Reports"

Comments: I liked a lot in general, but is a big issue the reports deficit and the lack of data to export

Pros: It has the Signoff feature : I really like this , you can send an approval to any people added in the project , also a client ( guest licences), and them can approve the request ( like a changes or new feature ) Proyect Type Function: You can customize the flow of the Project Like at this moment it is the stage 1 - next is Stage 2 , you can add them as you need , related also with a specific custom fields to the type of project. End user portal: I really like it it shows all the projects related to this client, the gant chart, signofs, and also it allow you to send request ,

Cons: *Filters and reports:
*Filters you cannot search information for the new custon fields
in the main view you cannot add the custom fields, nether the progress in the project overview .
the report sections : totally deficient only has 2 types , and you cannot add the custom fields.
*If we need to create reports or executive reports, it is very difficult because it does not allow to export all that is needed.

• Reviewed on 27/09/2018
Michael R.
Head of Solutions
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2019

"Pro's and Con's"

Comments: i like using accelo, i have already and will continue to recommend it.

Pros: We like it because its web based, i enjoy the mobile app (although there are differences in app and desktop views that confuse users) i love the project management section, very detailed and familiar in its design structure.

Cons: as a new administrator, editing is not as user friendly as i wished, i hope for better video tutorials in the future

• Reviewed on 11/02/2019
Mike J.
Senior Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"Simplifies task management and billable time"

Comments: Overall, Accelo makes our daily lives as designers much simpler. We are still learning something new and helpful within the software every day and their customer support is VERY on top of questions and concerns.

Pros: Integration with Gmail makes creating tasks from emails very easy. The ability to create projects by client makes keeping tasks organized and logging time a breeze.

Cons: Accelo can definitely seem intimidating at first as there are a ton of menus that can take time to familiarize yourself with.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2020
Rob C.
Senior Consultant
  • Reviewed on 8/02/2021

"Timesheeting and more"

Comments: Overall, I enjoy using the software. Entering timesheets is super easy. It's also good to see my tasks for the week ahead.

Pros: I really like how I can see all the work I have been assigned at the beginning of the week. It's also very easy to enter my timesheet

Cons: I think the search functionality could be improved. Also, it's very difficult to book holiday leave in advance - it's a very roundabout process.

• Reviewed on 8/02/2021
Kevin W.
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2019

"Visibility is the key"

Comments: What happened in my business today, is the burning question Accelo helps me answer.

Pros: Across all our different revenue streams, tickets, contracts, projects we can for the first time, incredibly easily track activity and therefore see Profit per employee and Profit per Contract / Project / Ticket alot more easily.

Cons: It doesn't really suit a software consultancy although strides into Adaptive Project Management are definitly steps in the right direction, and I have no doubt the Accelo team will continue to listen to customers and improve at a rapid rate as they have done for quite a number of years now.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2019
Rachel Q.
Business Consultant
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2015

"Easy to learn with helpful staff"

Comments: Pros
- easy to use especially with the guides and you tubes and google searches. It can be hard sometimes to understand the answer but I just ask a question and the team answer for me.
- the ideas field is excellent as there are a number of solutions already posted for problems which you can use to adapt to your settings.
- constant upgrades and improvements. The team recognize that the product needs to be alot of different things to different companies and are constantly improving and upgrading each section so it is more versatile.
Cons
- unable to set multiple bill rates per engineer. Our rates vary per job for the one engineer. With the version we have we are unable to set multiple rates. However I do believe this is possible with a different version.
- Quotes section - would be great to be able to import our template to make it easier to use. However Affinity have already communicated that Quotes is a work in progress with more improvements expected in Q3/Q4
Overall
- it is an easy to use tool that suits our business needs. We have the basic access but are still able to manipulate data and reports to get what we need.
- Each day I learn more and more about the tool which is also enjoyable as we see how it helps our sales team each day.
- The team who answer all of my questions (and I have ALOT) are really helpful and break down the answers into a language I understand. I have no HTML background or programming background so for technical engineers to be able to translate a product into a language that the lay-person understands really is an excellent skill to have (and rare).

by Accelo on 28/05/2015

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for your candid and honest review. We are always looking to improve our product and appreciate the feedback you provided. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

• Reviewed on 27/05/2015
Laurel C.
Studio / Operations Manager
Design, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2018

"I love Accelo"

Comments: I'm a total fangirl of this product; it makes me better at my job. I've actually weighed whether to switch jobs based on the fact that I wouldn't use it daily, it's that good!

Pros: I love how comprehensive Accelo is. There's a really thoughtful approach in that you can track all comms and the history for each client in one place. Accelo has re-defined how our agency works as it takes a lot of the manual organization work out of the equation.

Cons: The price? My company recently went through a merger with eight other companies (globally, but still within the South Pacific) and the cost to use Accelo company wide was too high. At the moment, our higher ups are looking for replacement tools, but everything is independent of each other. Some apps integrate with others, but it's no where near as sophisticated as Accelo. Our smaller team has made a case for our continual use, but I fear it's a matter of time before we'll be required to use something else for day to day ops management.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2018
Cheryl B.
Sr. Dir Global Professional Services Operations
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2018

"Effective tool but missing some key functionality for management of a team"

Comments: The company is good to work with. They try to be accommodating with requests. Their support team is responsive. There are some fundamental functionality missing from the system such as the ability to apply a discount to a quote. Also the way margins are calculated is incorrect. I need to recalculate by myself. Some of the dashboards are not meaningful. I would love to see the company spend time understanding reporting needs, and update the software to provide more meaningful information.

Pros: The ability to create an opportunity, quote, and then close it into a project where we can assign resources and log time is very convenient.

Cons: Reporting capabilities are severely lacking. I have to try many different ways to pull out data into excel and further manipulate it to do the type of analysis I need to do as the leader of a team. When I filter data, it doesn't always make sense and it doesn't leave me confident that the data is accurate.

• Reviewed on 27/12/2018
Rob L.
Principal Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2/11/2016

"Ongoing clever innovation keeps this product fresh"

Comments: Accelo solves the problem of double handling data when progressing clients from sales to work in progress and maintaining ongoing work for that client. This saves time and cost... In the past we had to re-enter the contact details from a CRM, after the lead became a client, into a Project Management system, for service delivery, then into a Support tool, to manage ongoing work. A single license with Accelo was cheaper, than other software systems combined.

Pros: I like that Accelo combines almost all facets of my business in one application. Not only do I get CRM & sales capability, I also get job/task tracking, project management, support ticketing, and billing! There is integration with key third party apps so I rarely have to go anywhere else to run the business.
I also like the user community engagement and level of communication to keep informed on product development.

Cons: It is hard to dislike anything given all the recent improvements, but next I'd like to see a payroll feature, so either I can export timesheet data to a third party application or run a payroll process within Accelo.

• Reviewed on 2/11/2016
Meredith C.
COO
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/11/2019

"The Best CRM!"

Comments: We've centralized several different services into a single place with Accelo streamlining our work and eliminating loss of data.

Pros: Ease of use, completely customizable, thoughtful and useful features!

Cons: I wish I would have found it so much earlier than I did!

• Reviewed on 6/11/2019