• Overall
    4.2 /5
    3.8 /5
    4.3 /5

About Ontraport

Ontraport is an all-in-one platform designed to support business growth. All your features, functionality and power. All in one place.

Learn more about Ontraport

Deanna M.
  • Reviewed on 9/04/2015

"Ontraport Makes Marketing and Selling Effective, Automated, & Easy"

Pros: Ontraport makes marketing and selling in my business effective and easy. With great email deliverability I don't have to worry that my marketing messages aren't getting to my prospects and customers. The payment processing and affiliate systems allow me to accept payments for my services and products and have my partners share them with their communities so I can help more people get the solutions they need. But the best part is how automated everything can be with the sequences, tasks, and if/then rules. No matter what the event: a client signs up, a promotion runs, a prospect wants to talk to me about how I can help them, everything that needs to happen to deliver a quality experience them, happens and it's on autopilot. And on top of all of that the support team isn't knowledgable and fast when I have a question about how I could use the system better to accomplish my goals. I couldn't be happier about my experience with Ontraport and love sharing it as a resource with my clients.

Cons: I don't have one complaint about the Ontraport system or the company. The staff are friendly and really care about the success of their customers. They are careful to roll out updates after thorough testing and creating new features that the community of users wants.

• Reviewed on 9/04/2015
Sarah B.
Marketing & PR
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2017

"Not bad, but in hindsight I would probably pick a different CRM for us"

Pros: -The campaigns feature is really comprehensive and easy to use, once you understand it. There is a bit of a learning curve.
-The Email template builder is a pretty nice plus - this was something we really wanted in a CRM, although it could use some work.
-HTML editor for emails is available.
-Custom fields, link tracking and automatic tagging can be set up, which is great.

Cons: -Hardly any of their customer service reps seem to understand how the software works. After calling and emailing support multiple times to get help setting up our first campaign, I talked to only one person who was able to give us a comprehensive and complete solution that suited our needs. Other people would constantly refer us to someone else or straight up say they didn't know/didn't offer that kind of support.
-Nothing you do is saved automatically. If you're used to software with autosave (which I was), you're going to be in for a world of hurt if you forget to save regularly.
-The Email templates are too rigid for my liking. I wish you could do more with it. We also have issues sometimes when sending emails where two objects which are both centered will appear in different positions, and there isn't anything that can be done about it, and other little bugs like that.
-There's no mobile preview for email templates. You have to scale the window down to the size of a mobile phone to get the idea.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2017
Hannah W.
Executive Assistant
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/10/2020

"Customer Service is AMAZING"

Comments: First of all, their customer service is AMAZING. Every time I have a question, each support person is quick to answer, and is super kind. I had an extensive chat with someone today, and he helped me SOOO much. I have never seen such quick, helpful, and NICE customer service EVER until Ontraport!!!!

Pros: Customer service, their ability to go above and beyond, availability for screen shares

Cons: it is a little confusing at first, but with their awesome customer service team, they help in a jiffy!

by Ontraport on 3/12/2020

Thanks for this positive review, Hannah! We'll be sure to pass this message along to our support team. :)

• Reviewed on 2/10/2020
Melissa P.
Digital Productivity Coach
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2019

"Phenomenal software and customer support"

Comments: This company and its software is incredible. I've worked with many softwares in the past and never run into customer service like this.

Pros: We are on our way to taking over the world using this software. It has opened up so many doors for us. Originally, we were looking for a software to create a "drip" email marketing campaign. After talking to ONTRAPORT customer service about all the features, we ended up completely migrating our CRM from another software. We even use it to create customized landing pages for our clients. We've done way more than we ever intended to do with ONTRAPORT. The customer service, training, and knowledge base are out of this world.

Cons: The only thing I find somewhat frustrating is the inability to do certain things. For example, when I'm creating a new email, I have certain limitations for what I can do to the text in an email or the formatting. There's usually a somewhat comparable workaround, and they add new features regularly, but it is a little annoying when you have a vision you can't completely bring to life immediately.

by Ontraport on 8/02/2019

Hi Melissa! Thanks for the raving review. We're so happy that our software and support team have helped you do more than you had imagined. That's what we like to hear.

• Reviewed on 11/01/2019
Maria Q.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2019

"Complete and Useful Digital Marketing Tool"

Comments: I´m happy with it and the clients that are paying and using the tool are happy too. I can see the entire campaign results in only one software, saving a lot of time and effort.

Pros: It allows me to have all the assets and platform of a funnel in one software, so I can analyze in which part are my leads or my clients; I can easily know which part of my funnel is broken. On Ontraport you can create entire campaigns, landings, email marketing, SMS reminders, etc. It also works as CRM so your marketing and Sales team can be on the same page.

Cons: It´s not easy to use, we lose quite a time trying to understand it and even when we have this software for more than a year not all the members of my team know how to use it or use it at it´s most.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2019
Dario C.
Sales Coach & Keynote Speaker
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2019

"Tedious and complicated system with Bugs that cost a lot of Time & Money"

Comments: So far not good, overall the Customer Support is great and they are very helpful and friendly, however on the other hand, when technical issues occur like the one I am going through, where the Automation does not work, it takes ages to figure it out and get it sorted.
I am considering to leave ontraport if it is not fixed soon and they are not making it up to me for wasting my time by giving me at least 1 month for free, for all the inconvenience they caused due to their technical errors and lack of judgement to figure it out in the first place when I first mentioned it over 1 week ago.

Pros: At first it looked simple and the Dashboard with the navigation on the menu is okay to get used to it.

Cons: 1. The Automation isn't working, even when following all the steps and get support to double check that everything is in order, I have a landing page setup with the correct optin form and the campaign email messages are in order too, but it does not trigger the campaign when I optin with an email address.
2. The Page building tool is sometimes cluncky and freezes on you, so one has to go back and refresh the page, before you can proceed with setting up and building your Landing or Sale Pages.
3. Confusing structure on how to setup an automation, there are so many small steps in between that one has to consider that if you are not a technical genius you will need a Psychiatrist after having completed a setup, because of the stress you will go through getting there.
4. Expensive for what it does and not practical, very time consuming to get even the first campaign launched, 2 months passed and I have yet to experience the Benefits of using ontraport.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Dani M.
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2015

"A growing tool for growing businesses"

Pros: I love the support that Ontraport provides to their users. They are quite receptive to feedback and listen when you tell them there is a bug. I also like the automation of course. The membership site integration with PilotPress is great. I like that their support is also better than their competitors. I've spent many weekend days in the midst of an issue with their support. They are so helpful!

Cons: The growing pains. Sometimes bugs pop up ( seems to be in the past but still ) and it's frustrating mid launch to have things like this come into play.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2015
Stephanie H.
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2013

"Made all the difference with my business"

Pros: I like the way my business runs on it. I own a small business (3 employees) and was having troubling scaling. The more customers I got, the more time I had to spend juggling just to keep my business afloat. I was using a bunch of different technologies, couldn't get them to talk to each other, and was so frustrated with technology. Then came ONTRAPORT. My business now runs on autopilot. I have free time and am making a lot more money (now that technology isn't a roadblock). The customer support is fantastic. They've done a stand-up job supporting me and worked overtime once to help me with a launch.

Cons: I've been waiting on the release of their updated software. ONTRAPORT is great as it is, but I can't wait for the extra features.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2013
Sally M.
Entrepreneur
  • Reviewed on 2/02/2018

"Solid platform"

Pros: There is so much available through one platform, it's impressive. That might be what I like most, especially for those who are growing their businesses and need some plug and play options and other fully customizable ones. Setting up a membership site, a sales page, etc. can be done fairly easily from one place.

Cons: I have sometimes wished that certain product/payment options were better. For instance, pay what you can has become increasingly popular in my field, and there aren't a lot of platforms that make it easy to set that up. You can certainly create multiple products at various price points, but it's not the best experience.

by ONTRAPORT on 1/06/2018

Hi Sally, we think you are impressive too! Entrepreneurs and small business owners are the reason we come to work every day. Thank you for the positive review!

If you'd like to submit a request for this type of payment, please send an email to [email protected] and ask them to add a feature request.

• Reviewed on 2/02/2018
Gil C.
Freelance Wordpress Developer
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2019

"Don't miss this Marketing Automation"

Pros: They have easy templates for you to design from Landing Pages, Forms, Opt In, Email Marketing Campaign. The support are very responsive and teaches you how you will be able to use the AUtomation Features. And the best part is you can integrate this with Wordpress (Using PilotPress) and you can also work with the Gravity Forms Integration. YEEY!

Cons: It's not really a Cons, but what I noticed for beginners, this is not an easy way to start Marketing Automation.

by Ontraport on 18/04/2019

Gil, thank you so much for the raving review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the product, templates and our amazing support team.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2019
James C.
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2018

"Very easy to use, advanced features and blows away the competition."

Pros: Ontraport is a POWERFUL tool for automation and tops mailchimp, aweber and other AutoResponders as the in depth automation sequences are easily managed and are much more robust than other software.

Cons: It's very expensive, but that's made up for with outstanding support, great automatic sequences and ease of use.

Hi James!

Thanks for the glowing review. We like you too!

• Reviewed on 31/03/2018
Kalyn H.
Donor Relations Coordinator
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2019

"Great for sales management and tracking"

Comments: Ontraport is great for measuring and reporting sales within a business.

Pros: Ontraport has incredible filtering options for reporting. you are able to build customizations that allow you to view data in virtually any format you desire.

Cons: Unfortunately, it is not quite as suitable for nonprofits or organizations working with income outside of sales. The custom tabs in a clients record are a bit difficult to manuever.

by Ontraport on 8/02/2019

Hi Kalyn! We're happy to hear you are having a great experience with our reporting tools. Thanks for the feedback about custom tabs ¿ we're always working to make the user experience better.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Donna L.
Relationship Coach / EFT Practitioner / Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 8/12/2017

"Great service"

Pros: I have used Ontraport for some parts of my business. It offers great landing pages. There are many aspects of the service that I did not use. It is becoming a one stop do it all service.

Cons: I was overwhelmed by it. Maybe once I am busier, it will become a great service. the price is high but cheaper than its main competition.

Hi Donna!

Thank you for the 5-star rating. Are you still feeling overwhelmed? Shoot an email to [email protected] and ask them to connect you to the right resources or hop on a strategy call with our team.

• Reviewed on 8/12/2017
Matt J.
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2020

"Daily user since 2014"

Comments: Like most businesses, we use Ontraport for general email marketing but we also use it track leads and automate follow up of hot leads - this has vastly improved our sales focus, conversion rates, and sales value

Pros: 1. Ease of use, a great tool for all my marketing and automation. You have to try it to really understand
2. Support, many of whom I now know on first name basis - Ontraport attracts top notch people to be part of their team and they bend over backwards to help, especially if mistakes are made... I find them extremely proactive.
3 Come for the software, stay for the people. Not only are the staff extremely good at what they do but so are the leaders. Every dept head I've spoken with has been extraordinary and a credit to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who himself is all over the wider community. All of this plus the Facebook Community which is amazing, no question too dumb or too complex, everyone within the wider community is very helpful.

Cons: The knowledge base could probably do with more detail but I can normally get the answer I need from the community with is very strong and healthy

by Ontraport on 25/03/2020

Thanks for the kind words, Matt! We're happy to have you as a part of the Ontraport family.

We're constantly making updates and additions to our Support Center, so please let us know if you have any specific feedback or suggestions for information to add!

• Reviewed on 15/01/2020
Steven L.
  • Reviewed on 7/01/2020

"Great CRM/Marketing Automation Software, but with a few issues"

Comments: I've used Ontraport for more than an year and I really like it (despite my concerns). It's the first window I see in the morning. Aside from basic contact management, the marketing automation component is first rate. Good task management too.

Pros: Nice user interface and overall capabilities. Good task management abilities along with contact management services. The support is simply best in class and the Facebook support group is stellar.

Cons: It's slow compared to other similar systems I've used. You also have to "click your mouse button" way more times than similar services to actually do things inside the system. For example, it may take 6 or 7 mouse clicks to create a basic task whereas past services I've used required only 2 or 3. This is extremely frustrating in terms of productivity. Overall the pros outweigh the cons - but I sure wish they'd address the cons.

by Ontraport on 25/03/2020

Thanks for your review, Steven! We're continually working on the interface to simplify the workflow without sacrificing functionality.

Here's one improvement we just recently released:
We know Tasks were just one example but we've recently added "Quick Tasks" that can be created with three clicks in regular Contacts view: simply select the contact, click on Tasks, and click the Quick Task tab to create the task. Then, in our Contact Quick View interface, adding a Quick Task is just one click.

We're working on lots of other projects to simplify processes and speed up the application interface keep the feedback coming!

• Reviewed on 7/01/2020
Course Building Technologist and Business Coach on the Education Team
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2018

"Good in theory, buggy overall"

Comments: Not having to juggle between a bunch of other software.

Pros: Ontraport does a lot of things. For the small businesses that are just starting and not sure what they want, Ontraport is great.

Cons: Ontraport made me terrified of all-in-one solution packages. It does a lot of things... but nothing well. Every solution that it solves also has a huge "Yes, BUT..." Rising prices, followed by my inability to do what I need for it to do perfectly, has made me leave Ontraport. Like, being able to control permissions for wordpress pages is neat. But incredibly tedious to disable access when there's a lot of content. Subscriptions would be hard to manage if the customer had multiple products. Email campaigns were difficult to execute. Just a long laundry list of problems. If you're a small business that DOES know what you want, and the software to handle it -- I recommend that solution instead.

by ONTRAPORT on 1/06/2018

Thank you for your honest review. We would love to hear more about what your needs are so that we can submit them as feature releases. While we continue to bring core functionalities businesses need under one roof, we appreciate getting feedback from our users so we can continue to grow alongside the market. Please submit to our support team at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 12/04/2018
Abel U.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2020

"Ontraport Helps In My Business Growth"

Comments: Ontraport is a "DO IT YOURSELF" platform that delivers essential and effective business features, like marketing automation, a powerful CRM system, outstanding email delivery, etc. It is my best email marketing campaign platform.

Pros: Ontraport Sales and its automation documents to clients are amazing. They have an effective customer support system and are always there to render any possible assistance whenever I experience any issue.

Cons: They don't have flexible mobile App features, to have the best experience with Ontraport, I recommend using their desktop version. It will be super cool if you could improve your email tracking for each individual user.

by Ontraport on 3/12/2020

Hello Abel. We appreciate your feedback as we always look to our customer reviews to see how we can best improve our platform. Mobile app is still in the works so stay tuned and thanks for the positive review. :)

• Reviewed on 11/11/2020
Jan L.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2020

"Ontraport does it all"

Pros: I have been using Ontraport since early 2016 and it's been a reliable backbone for my business. There were some small issues along the way, but they were mostly user errors and they were quickly addressed by the support. The flexibility that Ontraport offers is incredible. A couple of years ago you would need a team of programmers to achieve what they offer. Incredible tool.

Cons: Hard to think of any. Really happy with the service provided.

by Ontraport on 18/09/2020

Glad our support team has been able to help with the hiccups along the way! Thanks for taking the time to leave this review, Jan. :)

• Reviewed on 10/09/2020
Rebecca B.
Business Strategist & Coach
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2020

"I love this CRM! Ontraport has changed the way I do business"

Comments: Amazing experience from the day I joined over 4 years ago until today.

Pros: I love this CRM! Ontraport has changed the way I do business and I recommend it to all my clients (and let's face it - to anyone who will listen). The support is wonderful and the platform is powerful. You can set up any funnel you can dream up! Before OP, I was overworked, after getting OP I have so much more time to pour into my clients. You won't regret making the leap! Questions - ask me!

Cons: The only thing is that at the time of this review they don't YET have countdown timers in their emails - but the key word is "YET" because they are always taking new feature requests from their community.

by Ontraport on 3/12/2020

Reviews like this one is what keeps us doing what we do. Glad you've found Ontraport to be successful for your business. Thanks Rebecca!

• Reviewed on 25/09/2020
Mitch B.
  • Reviewed on 8/11/2017

"Ontraport is so powerful and flexible - almost to the point of overwhelm"

Comments: The biggest benefit is that it allows us to intelligently segment our customers and have a true CRM where we can see what happened when and troubleshoot errors.

Pros: You can just do so much with this software. It's amazing to have the ability to use such a powerful tool where we can design helpful systems for all aspects of our business without ever having to pay or consult a developer. The new updates they have made to the software have been amazing, and I love how there is always a helpful support person just one click away if you ever get stuck.

Cons: Because the software can do so much and is so flexible, it can be a bit overwhelming and at times confusing because you end up doing things in a non-standard way which can lead to a messy account.

Hi Mitch!

There are so many possibilities within ONTRAPORT. A best practice is to think through each process and what reporting you would like before building. You can always share your build with the ONTRAPORT Facebook User Community to get feedback before launching. Our experts and power users usually do this to see if there are other ways to build more efficiently.

• Reviewed on 8/11/2017
Daniel G.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2017

"Used campaigns, rules, message sequences to structure our business."

Comments: I was able to automate tasks that would otherwise require someone to send out various emails to thousands of people.

Pros: I like the functionality of campaigns, tags, triggers, and sequences most. It's very helpful and means I can automate what I would otherwise have to pay someone else to do.

Cons: The inability to sanitize campaign data during testing (i.e. I test buy a product and lifetime customer value report will always say I earned $X - I cannot reset it after testing, unless I want to copy and paste the whole campaign to start again, which would require more time to test. Also, it's a fairly slow/bandwidth intensive software to use.

by ONTRAPORT on 1/06/2018

Hi Daniel! Thank you for your review. Glad to see you would recommend us to a friend. We use task automation on campus for many of our departments to save us time as well.

We hear you about the testing feature in campaigns. Did you know that our team takes feature requests and we vote them up based on customer wants? To up-vote this request, shoot an email to [email protected] and have them give this function a thumbs up.

• Reviewed on 22/11/2017
Justin R.
Marketing Associate
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2018

"Transfered my email services to Ontraport this year. Sales & Efficiency has improved!"

Comments: Increased sales per send from previous platform.

Pros: I really like the hands on customer service, we have had multiple "how to" conference calls that were extremely helpful. I also like the easy, clean templates. The Email automation has improved our efficiency.

Cons: None off the top of my head really. I have only been using this for 6-12 months. Would be nice to be able to update or delete sales transactions from a customer profile.

Hi Justin!

Thank you for the perfect rating. We like you too!

• Reviewed on 10/01/2018
Wendy M.
    3.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2015

"A highly scalable system that can do a lot"

Pros: The customer service support is outstanding. Ontraport is basically a very scalable system - if you know how to use it. Their staff are amazing at helping you with your questions and in teaching you how to use the system.

Cons: At present, the price. In USD it is making it quite unaffordable due to a falling AUD where I live. Also I feel the system needs to be tiered. I don't use it as much to warrant the fee per month but don't want to leave the system either.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2015
Keith J.
VP of Operations
  • Reviewed on 8/02/2018

"Positive experience. Noticed an increase in email marketing return. Efficiency increased."

Pros: Customer automation. Customer support calls are highly beneficial. Potential customer information capture.

Cons: The unsubscribe feature lacks the ability to unsubscribe from just the one email. It relates to the whole campaign

Hi Keith!

Thank you for the positive review. I'm glad to hear you've had an increase in marketing return since using our software. There is a way to set up sequences so that leads can unsubscribe from only that sequence. Shoot an email to [email protected] to see if this would fit your needs.

• Reviewed on 8/02/2018
Steven D.
Head of Product
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"Complicated + Expensive....Better Options In My Experience"

Comments: Frustrating and expensive would be the best way to sum it up. ActiveCampaign feels like a better option that costs less....if you're going to go with an expensive option with all the features + potential power, might as well go with InfusionSoft If you're going to use an InfusionSoft or an Ontraport....you better be (or have someone on team) with some technical chops + patience for troubleshooting.

Pros: It is essentially a 'full stack' tool in that you can create your marketing web pages and forms in Ontraport that then connect directly to your CRM, email, marketing automation, etc tools It has the potential to be powerful and allow what would normally take multiple tools to be housed all in one.

Cons: It was complicated to use. It was honestly easier to manage multiple different tools and tie them together via Zapier or API or other integrations. Had multiple frustrating issues working with the Ontraport tool to the point where we ended up switching away.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019