• Overall
    4.7/5
    4.6/5
    4.8/5

About EZRentOut

Web based equipment rental software with mobile apps. Its the only rental solution that goes down to tracking every equipment

Learn more about EZRentOut

Alex L.
Managing Partner
Events Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/12/2018

"Excellent Platform for Managing Any Rental Fleet!"

Comments: With EZRentOut, I am able to get rid of all the shared calendars and google doc spreadsheets and use one tool to manage all my assets. I can also use it for booking, and scheduling the event and day-of details. Very helpful!

Pros: Allows us to track and cross-reference assets in a lot of different ways. I can keep track of my fleet of rentals and ensure all our rentals are done well and payments are collected. The layout is very easy and simple. Nothing is overcomplicated and we have also found the customer support to be very efficient.

Cons: There are not as many customization abilities for the platform as there could be. Would be nice if clients knew more of what was available on the calendar. Overall these are small problems.

by EZRentOut on 7/12/2018

Hi Alex, we appreciate you taking out the time to review EZRentOut. We're delighted to know that our software helped you in getting rid of spreadsheets and is enabling you to manage all your assets on a single platform.

I have forwarded your feedback regarding our customization abilities to the product team and they will be looking into it. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 6/12/2018
Caitlin W.
president
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2020

"EZRentout lives up to it's name"

Comments: Again, the software does my 'thinking' for me, as my biggest demands are ' do i have..." certain items. i can quickly search my database, and see what i have, where i purchased it, how much it rents for, and if it is on the premises. Time is what i've saved...and time is Money. no doubt about it. Once i'm more comfortable with the access for clients, they will be able to search themselves..and that will in turn save me more time. I am happy with EZRentout, and feel the purchase price is well worth the software.

Pros: This software helped us track our inventory. We are a mid sized wardrobe house, and it is very difficult to keep track of real time rentals. (what is in and what is out) This rental software made is so much easier. It is affordable, and does mostly what we require. It does the work for us. It gives me time to think about the running of the business and any real time concerns. My clients are more confident because they can log in, and see what they rented, the condition it was in, and any other concerns they have. We looked at hiring someone to create a rental program for us, and the quotes we received would cost us over 10 years of the EZRentout subscription. !! So, for us it was an easy decision. Free up our thinking brains , let EZRentout take care of the tracking, invoicing, and billing. Customer service is easy to deal with, and we even let our subscription run out by mistake, and were able to just get back on board once we realised the credit card had expired...

Cons: We have been with EZRentout for years. In the early years, there were many changes we needed, and other customers brought them to the attention on the EZRentout team...and now they have been addressed. Our business isn't straightforward...each client is different, with different requirements and individual billing differences. My complaint isn't really a complaint....i would say that because the software is perpetually improving, my complaint is that i keep having to learn new things....but I think that's excellent.

by EZRentOut on 24/02/2020

Hi Caitlin,

Thank you for taking out time to write us a review for us.

We're glad to hear that you've been using EZRentOut for years and that we helped you track your inventory for your wardrobe house.

We appreciate your honest feedback and wish you continuous luck in learning new things.

If you ever encounter any concerns in the future, feel free to drop us a message at [email protected] and we would love to assist you.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2020
Anthony L.
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2020

"Perfect fit for our rental department."

Comments: So far....excellent. It does what we need and then some.

Pros: We were looking for a rental inventory software that better fit our company needs while understanding our budget.
EZRentOut fell within the right price point while offering more than enough features for use.
A program that was designed with common sense and awesome customer service.

Cons: There are so many features, that it takes a bit of time to familiarize oneself with. Not really a Con.

• Reviewed on 27/05/2020
Gwen T.
Manufacturing and Production Specialist
Medical Devices, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/01/2019

"Glitchy"

Comments: It helps us to easily track our assets.

Pros: Ease of tracking our assets. This is literally all I like about this software.

Cons: I have noticed many small things that are not really a major functionality issue, (aside from one that was a big problem), but more strange and confusing. On the bookings page, items that are to be rented out today, sometimes show up green, sometimes just black. I find the green beneficial when there happens to be a long list of upcoming rentals, but that function is not always working. Also, on many occasions, the customer's name on the bookings page will randomly change to my name. If I click on the order, the information within the order is still correct, I just find that quite odd and slightly ignorant. I often have an issue when selecting rent out order where it prompts me to enter tracking info, after I have already done so. Sometimes, it will leave the tracking info there and allow me to choose rent out order a second time, while other times it deletes my tracking number and I have to renter that info. This is not only frustrating, but inefficient. My final and largest complaint is concerning an order that I never received an email about (I have the system set to notify me 2 days in advance and day of order), nor did it ever show up in my bookings list until nearly a week after it was due to be shipped. That one really floored me. I check my bookings list multiple times per workday, and as I previously mentioned, I also have email notifications set up. Overall, the system is ok. I don't love it, but it works to get the job done for the most part.

• Reviewed on 3/01/2019
Jon B.
Supply Chain Manager
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2020

"Excellent Product"

Comments: It's excellent, and I think is a perfect system for the construction industry.

Pros: The inventory management, accounting, customer portal, and product website are excellent. EZ to use, customize, and the customer service is great.

Cons: Haven't found anything I don't like. Any changes I've requested, the product team quickly makes adjustments.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2020
Earle N.
Rentals & Sales Acct Manager
Media Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2019

"Video Production Rentals "

Comments: The ability to build bundles....update pricing in the actual order lines....without having to change item pricing...cusomizing groups and being able to add custom fields...very freeing.

Pros: The ease of use to setup....I was transitioning into a rentals department that needed a facelift, and shown some love...moving inventory & customer databases into EZRENTOUT was easy...and had nice customization options.

Cons: Understanding some of the lingo for customizing rental days as opposed to billing days....and understanding the email setup...but with support we got it figured. Would like to be able customize emails with logos from my computer...not web links.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2019
Ariyan B.
POS Lead, Terminal Solutions
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2018

"Powerful Platform for Stress-Free Rentals"

Comments: I have a clear data feed that provides both broad and deep-dive analytics with full control of each move or action taken by staff, clients and the assets themselves which is exceptionally powerful. Great Work!

Pros: Easy to understand and navigate with a thorough training resource. The on page terms and guidance panel is amazingly powerful and really helps cut down the learning time. Great for maintaining a structured asset management process with safeguards for client, asset and staff permissions. The valuation, repair and service states are excellent!

Cons: The standard price tier should at least allow paypal for digital payments. Not having an option for clients to submit payments via at least one online portal reduces the effectiveness of the application. I understand why this is a feature restricted to the plus package for value reasons, but I feel leaves the end user to choose between automatically upgrading to a higher cost plan or setting up an external processing method such as sending payment links via an external mail service. Ultimately this adds more friction to the EZRentOut setup process as payments are a KPI that should be easy to identify from an analytics standpoint it would be cumbersome to keep records both in EZRentOut and an additional platform. Other than that I must say Bravo!! You and the EZRentOut Team have done an excellent job and I wish you all the best!

by EZRentOut on 10/01/2019

Hi Ariyan, thank you for submitting a detailed review for EZRentOut. We're delighted to know that our product has added value to your setup and is helping you manage your assets, staff, and clients in an efficient manner.

I have forwarded your feedback regarding our payment gateways to the product team and they will be looking into it. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 11/11/2018
Jonathan P.
Event Logistics Manager
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2018

"EZRent out has everything we are looking for in a cloud based rental software. "

Comments: Coming from a remote desktop based system the accessibility of EZRent out is a life saver. I dont always have time to sit down in the office and catch up so being able to make revisions on the fly is a huge time saver. Again, the storefront is a great tool so that our customers can get more of a visual on what we offer.

Pros: Easy to learn/teach, very user friendly. The online storefront option is great, we love the fact it can be used so that customers can order online but also serves as a perfect online catalog! The whole system is priced very reasonably for all the features that are offered compared to some of the others in the industry.

Cons: More customization for the quotes/invoices templates. Would like to see different storefront layouts available.

by EZRentOut on 5/03/2018

Hi Jonathan, we appreciate you taking the time to review EZRentOut.

We are working on adding more themes to our storefront. We'll update you when they are live. As for quote/invoice templates, I am sharing your feedback with product team.

If you have any further suggestions, please reach out to our support team. Thanks!

• Reviewed on 10/02/2018
Carl P.
Project manager
Construction, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"Its true to label"

Comments: Advanced bookings and everything in one place rather then on multiple spreadsheets and white boards

Pros: EZRentOut lives up to it's name. It is easy to use and all the functions and selections make sense to the tech savvy and the not so tech savvy user. The mobile app is great.
Speed is better then normal for online software. Set-up is straight forward and flexible. There are plenty of options for customization. Integration with Xero accounting system is a big positive for us.

Cons: The charge out rate structure is different to what were we using, ie weeks/days rather than weeks/part weeks, but we just altered our system to match, not a major.

by EZRentOut on 18/12/2019

Dear Carl,

We are glad you took out time to provide us with your feedback and are delighted to hear you felt EZRentOut lives up to its name. If you face any concerns in the future, feel free to email us at [email protected], and our customer success department would love to assist you.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Jonathan T.
manager
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

"So far so good"

Pros: Very intuitive, quick setup, great customer service, functionality is impressive

Cons: It has its quirks but honestly I haven't found anything yet that is truly a drawback.

by EZRentOut on 4/02/2020

Hi Jonathan,

We hope you're doing well! Thank you for taking out time to review us.

We're delighted to hear that you didn't have any complaints!

We appreciate the compliments to our customer success department, which tries its best to be responsive.

If you encounter any concerns in the future, feel free to drop us a message at [email protected] and we would love to assist you.

David K.
General Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2018

"EZRentout works well for our bins business"

Comments: As mentioned above, the EZRentout team is actively working on implementing new features to enhance the product that will accommodate our needs. That is just great - I look forward to the roll-out.

Pros: This software is very easy to use and has some powerful features. The bundles are a great feature for our product offering - we rent plastic moving boxes. Standard rental period is 2 weeks that we can easily extend. Each bundle includes multiple sizes of boxes. The custom entry feature allows us to override and adjust the rental so I know there is always an easy way to include special situations (we include longer rental periods for free if the customer rents one of our larger storage containers). Refunds and voiding are easy and well documented. Tax is simple enough - although we must pay attention since we delivery to different tax jurisdictions (we have to manually select the correct tax rate). The dashboard is a nice overview of all of our activity. The email reminders are a time saver - reminding the client that the rental is ending and asking if they want to extend. We copy ourselves internally so we see the emails that each client receives - this is helpful in terms of always seeing what the customer is experiencing. We send the customer a "please review us" email automatically when we close out the rental - works well.

Cons: I have spoken at length the development team about adding addition functionality so we can use EZRentout for our main business - portable storage container rentals. The main shortcoming is the lack of a simple clean process to show all transactions on a single report - we work with insurance companies and they need to see a consolidated report of all charges (many months of rent, delivery charges, pick up charges). EZRent out needs to let the user modify an active order to add additional services that were not anticipated in the original order (like move the container to the warehouse). We have conveyed our requirements to the EZRentout team and we were told that they are actively working on a solution to our needs. I look forward to the implementation of these features so we can eliminate our other rental software subscription and use just one vendor.

by EZRentOut on 10/01/2019

Hi David, thank you for submitting an in-depth review for EZRentOut. We're glad to hear about your experience with EZRentOut and how it is helping you in renting out your plastic moving boxes more efficiently.

Yes, the EZR development team was actively working on the requirements you conveyed and have successfully deployed them. Now you can modify an order from anywhere, anytime from the original order. Furthermore, I have forwarded your feedback regarding our consolidated reports to the product team and they will get back to you soon. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 13/12/2018
June L.
Engineer
Construction, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2019

"No regrets thus far!"

Pros: Not many equipment rental softwares can cater to construction equipment rental industry. But this one nailed it in terms of operation processes and pricing methods. This software certainly helps to improve a company's processes by leaps. Not only the software, the support was the best we've experienced so far. Although we are located much further away from the United States and some requirements may be different, they're always willing to listen and help us. Can't wait to make use of all the features available in this software.

Cons: We know there is no one best solution for everyone because every business is different. The software is very good, and their team is constantly working on better features, which is what we really appreciate. We thought the bundle feature could be more robust in terms of its flexibility to swap items within a bundle. This would definitely be more helpful for us. It would also be good if we can have more control over the customization of the printout templates in terms of the placement of different fields and line items.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Marie W.
Rental Manager
Computer Hardware, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2017

"Easy to use, great support"

Comments: We´re not the typical renting company, but EZRentOut has worked great. It's easy to use, with several importing and reporting options that are valuable when you're having a lot of products. They also have a fantastic support that answers quickly, are happy to help and even informs when a new feature that we asked for has been added. I definitely recommend it.

Pros: Easy to use, no need to install anything. New features are added continuously.

Cons: There have been some small bugs when working with large number of items, but the support has always been very helpful.

by EZRentOut on 5/09/2017

Hi Marie, we appreciate you taking the time to review EZRentOut.

We are always working on improving customer experience of our product. I have forwarded your feedback to our technical team and they will test it in our lab. Rest assured they will get to the bottom of this issue.

If you have any further suggestions, please reach out to our support team at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 16/04/2017
Director of Marketing and Key Accounts
Retail, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2018

"Easily Track your rental inventory"

Comments: We now have a dashboard that shows our available rental inventory that our sales force can see and utilize across the board.

Pros: I like that I can track costs, locations, and revenue of all our rental fleet. The interface is easy.

Cons: Adding and editing orders, pricing and customer information could be a little easier. We operate on a 2 day rental program and we are closed on weekends. EZ rent has a hard time charging correctly when we don't charge for Sundays.

by EZRentOut on 22/11/2018

Hi, thank you for taking out the time to review EZRentOut. We're delighted to know that our product is making it easy for you to track your rental inventory.

I have forwarded your feedback regarding our order management module to the product team and they will be looking into it. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected]

Alex D.
Sales Manager
Facilities Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2018

"EZ Rent Out Software Review"

Comments: We use the software to help keep our rental ramps out on rent. It also helps us keep track of how many months each ramp has been on rent so when we go to sell a used ramp we can depreciate the value correctly just by using the software.

Pros: How it keeps my rental ramps organized so I know when a customer is due for another invoice.

Cons: I haven't dove in enough to utilize all of of it's features. I don't think there is anything I dislike about the software, just that I haven't fully used all of its services.

by EZRentOut on 22/11/2018

Hi Alex, we appreciate you taking out the time to review EZRentOut. We're really glad to hear that our system is making it easy for you to rent out your ramps and manage your customers more efficiently.

If you are in need of any further assistance or have suggestions for us, please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected]

Jordan T.
Inventory Coordinator
Design, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2019

"Great Quality Software"

Comments: I am managing the inventory of a 10,000+ sq ft warehouse with hundreds of pieces of furniture, decor, and art constantly moving in and out while maintaining knowledge of the location of each piece.

Pros: Easy to use, straightforward, a multitude of applications and options for admin/users, and reachable customer service.

Cons: My only complaint would be the design of the software (aesthetically speaking)

by EZRentOut on 13/05/2019

Hi Jordan, we appreciate you taking out the time to review EZRentOut. We're really glad to hear that our system is making it easy for you to manage your inventory efficiently.

I have forwarded your feedback regarding our design to the product team and they will be looking into it.

• Reviewed on 14/03/2019
Virginia B.
Co-Owner
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2017

"Fantastic experience! All data at my fingertips!"

Comments: I can keep track of my rental assets. I know when they were purchased, from whom, and for how much. I know which customer has which instrument. I can keep renters current with payment. It is no big deal to switch out the instrument the customer has.

Pros: All my assets can be cross-referenced in many ways. Some I may not have even discovered yet! I can keep track of Instrument rentals, and call customers when payment is due. I can send depreciation information in a report to my accountant, and EZRENTOUT calculates it for me.

by EZRentOut on 6/10/2017

Hi Virginia, thank you for taking the time to review EZRentOut. If you're in need of any assistance or have suggestions for us, please contact our support team. Thanks!

• Reviewed on 30/09/2017
Rodrigo F.
Eng
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2018

"Excelent option"

Comments: We´ve been pleased with the overall experience. we like it

Pros: Inteface, user experience, easy to use, constant improvement

Cons: menu became too big it needs redesign, some view options could be improved. reports can be improved so we can take real advantage of all stored info in the database

by EZRentOut on 7/12/2018

Hi Rodrigo, thank you for taking out the time to review EZRentOut. We're glad that your team is liking our software. I have forwarded your feedback regarding our reportings and the design to the product team and they will be looking into it.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2018
Julian 'mo' B.
rentals coordinator
  • Reviewed on 6/09/2016

"Best customer service...EVER!?"

Comments: Through my experience in a small business, I've gone through a couple of other inventory programs. I ended up leaving them, not because of functionality problems, but because the developers never did anything about those problems/suggestions. I was very surprised when every time (really, every single day) I sent them a message about wanting a feature, or inquiring about a functionality issue, the EzRentOut customer support got back to me the SAME DAY, every single time. 99% of the time they would either fix the problem for me entirely, or help me step-by-step to get around whatever I've had an issue with. Very, very impressive. They stand for, and respect their customers. They really get it. Great job guys and gals at EzRentOut; really!

Pros: I love how easy the layout is, and how simple. There is nothing too complicated, and things are very easy to keep track of and maintain. The customer support is amazing.
I also love how customers can suggest features, and the ezrent staff takes them into careful consideration based on overall functionality. Very intuitive team behind this software.

Cons: Not having certain features (yet!), but again, the Ez Team never ignores a suggestion, and considers them very carefully. I haven't found too much that I don't like honestly...and when I do, they are minor and I just contact support about it!

• Reviewed on 6/09/2016
Preston S.
Sales Associate
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2017

"Amazing. Just lovely. "

Comments: It's very to easy to use. No complications on my end. Also the design of the software is very unique and complex. I wasn't confused when using this software for the first time.

Pros: Ease of use. Very nice to look at, love the design structure of it. It's very detailed and gives tutorials on how to do things.

Cons: Nothing. It's fine the way it is. Only thing I didn't like was the whole login process. But I can understand why it was created like that, in order to prevent hackers from getting in.

by EZRentOut on 5/09/2017

Hi Preston, thank you for taking the time to review EZRentOut. Securing our customer's data is our number one priority and we take all the necessary steps required to ensure it. We're really glad that you like our product and if you're in need of any assistance or have suggestions for us, please reach out yo our support team at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 14/04/2017
James L.
VP, Technology
Media Production, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2019

"Finally, something simple"

Comments: This is the fourth inventory system we have tried. It's the only one that had the features we were looking for and was simple enough to train everyone on in just a couple days. An inventory system is only as good as the data that goes into it, so a system that makes it simple for anyone to add and adjust items is wrth its weight.

Pros: 1. Web based, can access from anywhere, scan from anywhere.
2. Lots of options and layers to package kits together, good for a company like ours where we have gear in cases and need to track the case AND what's in it.
3. The cost, it's a really good value for the features you get.

Cons: I would like to be able to load more than 100 items per page.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2019
Terri T.
Operations Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/03/2019

"EZ Rent Out Rocks!"

Comments: I'd like to take a moment to thank EZRO's Customer Service Department.
These people are awesome! Any time I have a question or a problem they are right on it.
They go above & beyond what I expect from a Customer Service Department to take care of my needs.

Pros: This software is extremely user friendly.

Cons: I'd like to be able to add items to an order that has already been rented out.

by EZRentOut on 20/06/2019

Hi Terri, we appreciate you taking out the time to review EZRentOut. The team here at EZRentOut is thrilled to hear such good feedback, and we're delighted that our product is helping you manage your business efficiently.

• Reviewed on 7/03/2019
Ben A.
AV Director
Events Services, 2-10 Employees

"Lots of features"

Pros: What attracted us to this software was the ability to minimize the admin hours for our rentals. With the equipment scheduling, we know exactly what we have available at any given date.

Cons: The web interface is a bit clunky. There is a LOT of customizing to get set up. We're working though it, but the learning curve is more than we were hoping for.

by EZRentOut on 10/02/2020

Hi Ben,

Thank you for taking out time to write us a review.

We're delighted to hear that we could minimize the admin hours for your rentals and were able to assist you with the best of our abilities.

John B.
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2019

"Short term review"

Comments: -very customizable with additional metadata per item
-lots of setup which can be overwhelming for a new user
-a bit of a learning curve

Pros: -excel import data
-quickbooks integration
-whats in use calendar

Cons: -no custom mapping when importing to QBs
-items being imported into QBs adds the ID number before the name of the item. ex Canon lens with an ID number 3 shows up in QBs as "3 - Canon lens". This leads whoever is reading the QBs invoice that they are getting a total of 3 canon lenses.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2019
Fabian V.
Professor
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2017

"It's an interesting app for renting and managing equipments"

Comments: We could organize our audiovisual equipment room and now we can give a better service to our students

Pros: There are multiple possibilities organizing items and bundles. The Add-Ons are very nice. You can follow constantly how items are being used and rented

Cons: Few options in order to design the webstore. In the webstore there is not possibility of checking availability items individually. It would be nice if clients could know when items are available in a calendar

by EZRentOut on 5/09/2017

Hi Fabian, thank you for taking the time to review EZRentOut. We are always working on improving the user experience of our product and customer feedback helps us with that.

Our product team is working on webstore enhancements. Purpose of these enhancements is to provide users with more options/themes when designing their custom webstores.

Also, we have a 'View by availability' filter on our webstore. You can apply it by default too, if you want.

As for the option to view available items on calendar, it can be viewed by software users but clients can not see that calendar. I have submitted a request for this feature on your behalf.

Our support team will update you with progress regarding these features. If you have any further questions, please reach out at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 27/07/2017