Filter by:

• Overall

About Resource Guru

Web-based resource scheduling app with leave management, personal dashboards, clash management, team visibility and collaboration.

Learn more about Resource Guru

Business analyst in UK
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Glorified spreadsheet

1 2 years ago

Comments: Causes more problems than it solves. We used to use a spreadsheet, it was much better than this.

Pros:

Nothing at all. It has no redeeming qualities.

Cons:

Allows you to book time without tasks. When asked to change this was told couldn't because some companies want that function, ie it isn't an option as it should be. The drop downs are fiddle and make it easy to select a blank, but doesn't warn you. Can't toggle between scrolling list and typing to search without cl king out of area. You have a set number of hours per day you need to book but it doesn't highlight those that are short- you have to hover to see remaining time but that function doesn't work properly, resulting in multiple clicks to get it to trigger. Colour by project doesn't actually do it, I'm on 6 projects yet only see 2 colours. Can push to calendar but not pull- useless function as meetings are booked in calendar to allow invites, you want guru to pull that data in to autofill. Though it is web based it is impossible to use on a mobile. The popups are always off screen, making it impossible to use - mobile friendly websites have been around for a very long time, lazy to not have it here, particularly as would allow people who are on the road to log their time on he go. Not worth the hassle even if free.

Isabella H.
Traffic coordinator in UK

Extremely handy software, easy to use, visibly appealing, great to manage and schedule.

5 2 years ago

Comments: Positive, I do enjoy managing RG for our company. My company want us to migrate and start using the schedule planned for Office 365, but I had to push back and explain that this software is up to date, already does everything we need it too and Office 365 still has a long way to go before we can use it for what we want. It's safe to stick with RG that we know how to work, we know what it does and what i can't do and it works, no need to change something that isnt broken.

Pros:

I like the appearance of the software - its clear, self explanatory, easy to navigate, see the bigger picture to jiggle schedule resource about, etc. I like how easy and quickly the support team are there to assist when needed. I like how it shows you who has booked what and the daily reminders via email of what is coming up, etc.

Cons:

It isn't a negative but I would like to have a scheduling log, to see at what time and date did someone book a slot onto the schedule. I manage the Creative Studio, depending how many campaigns and the urgency in hitting these deadlines, I need to keep track of the entire departments availability, knowing when i can move things around in order to deliver last min projects. Only myself should have booking access, but I currently share it with Creative Directors, so they can schedule in my absence, but I can't see when they have booked them in so i can keep track. Is this something you could implement, please? Thanks,

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru: Office 365 is still a very new software that requires lots of updates and features adding to it, that yourselves already provide.

2 years ago

Hi Isabella Thanks for the great review - I'm so pleased to hear that you're enjoying Resource Guru :) I'm pleased to say that an activity log is very firmly on our roadmap, and I've made a note to contact you as soon as this is available. You can also keep up to date with new features by signing up to our Newsletter at the bottom of our homepage - https://resourceguruapp.com/ I hope this helps but please don't hesitate to reach out if there's ever anything we can do for you :) Happy scheduling! Kat

Marc H.
VP, Director of Operations and Project Management in US

Kudos

5 2 years ago

Comments: As a small, but growing organization, we were having trouble measuring how our creative resources were being allocated. Resource Guru quickly solved that problem.

Pros:

The software was very easy to implement and even easier to use. The reports page provides a great, visual presentation of our creative department's utilization for the week. Until we started using the software, we were unable to track enough data to inform a successful creative resource meeting. Now we have visibility into the upcoming weeks which has significantly decreased our dependence on freelance talent.

Cons:

The waiting list and overtime feature can be a little confusing. The hours don't get added to resource bookings and increase the utilization percentage. It would be great if the overtime hours pushed the utilization percentage over 100% to clearly highlight over-allocated resources.

Alternatives Considered: Smartsheet and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru: Using Excel and Smartsheet required too much effort and the Project Managers would not be able to effectively track changes in resource allocations.

2 years ago

Hi Marc Thanks for taking the time to share your review! I just wanted to touch base on your request for utilisation to show at more than 100%. It's not possible to book someone for more than 100% of their time - our booking clash warning system prevents this to help ensure you always meet your deadlines, and without burning out your team. But if you want to overbook resources, you can do this by adding bookings with overtime, and overtime hours will be itemised in the "Overtime" column on the Reports, so it's easy to see where your team are overstretched. I hope this helps to clarify things but please let us know if you ever have any questions - we're always very happy to help! Thanks, Kat

Jon M.
Senikor Director PMO in US

Useful too for transparency across teams

5 2 years ago

Comments: Any questions I had were answered clearly and quickly. They are very accommodating and the tool has improved over the last 6 months as well. It has helped us streamline utilization and project assignments.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to see a view of availability across multiple team members at the same time. I love the ability to color coordinate projects for an easy view of some major projects across multiple team members. Also easy to allow others permission to log in and see their utilization as well.

Cons:

I have to manually enter in recurring meetings. I have not mastered an easy way to automate getting our clients and projects into the tool. would be good to multi select projects as well to get them closed or cleaned up.

Alternatives Considered: Saviom

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru: Chose Guru for the cost and ease of use and setup.

2 years ago

Hi Jon Thanks for sharing your feedback - it's great to see you've given us 5 stars! You said you would like to import projects, and I wanted to let you know you can do this quickly using our Zapier integration, as shown here: https://blog.resourceguruapp.com/importing-projects-into-resource-guru-using-zapier/ I also wanted to mention that bulk editing and non-sequential repeat booking (i.e. a booking that repeats weekly/monthly) is very firmly on our roadmap. In the meantime you can use SHIFT+drag to copy bookings :) I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you at any point, please just let us know. Thanks, Kat

Patricia P.
Senior Project Manager / Team Lead in Ireland

Very helpful, easy and friendly interface. Good value for money too"

5 9 months ago

Comments: I have been using for a few years now and Resource Guru is a really good software with easy and friendly interface. Since it was updated it got even better. The whole team likes it and we've never had any sort of doubts or problems with this software. It naturally became part of workflow.

Pros:

You can add clients and project and move things around very easily with drag and drop functionality. The look and feel and their calendar is extremely helpful and clear. With RG you can schedule people and easily manage annual leave, sick leave, and hours dedicated to each task, client or project. We never required any sort of training and the whole team was able to start using straightaway.

Cons:

It would be nice to have a Project view. To make it easier on the hours management on a project basis.

9 months ago

Hi Patricia, Thanks for sharing your feedback! A more project-oriented view is definitely on our roadmap for the near future. In the meantime, you may find the Projects section of the Reports useful for tracking time booked on projects. If there's anything else we can do to help please just let us know. Thanks, Michelle

Brittany L.
Operations Manager in US

Resource Guru is amazing!

5 2 years ago

Pros:

This program has been a vital part of out organization. I use this every day to schedule all of our resources for all of our projects and even PTO. We then download this information and use it to help forecast our revenue. It is incredibly easy to use and manipulate. The Beta is amazing!

Cons:

I would like it if you could add a rate to each booking. That would make it easier to forecast revenue. Other than that, the product is great!

Mark W.
Operations Manager in UK
Information Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

All I need

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall the software is excellent and does everything we need it to do, we have just recently increased its use within the business and it has become the central hub for all resource info

Pros:

Its easy to use and the reports I can get from it allow my whole team to see the resource status

Cons:

It can sometimes be a bit fiddly when moving tasks and the accuracy required by the mouse moves

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru: Web based and more easily updated and available

Angela H.
Creative Planning Manager in UK
Research, 201-500 Employees

My go-to tool for creative project planning

5 2 months ago New

Comments: Resource Guru has helped me on my day to day, being able to plan and schedule projects easily for my team. The colour scheme makes it easy to, after a quick glance, know what projects are planned for the week and see who is working on what. The feature of 'split booking' is very hand as well.

Pros:

Ease of use, highly customisable and visually appealing.

Cons:

Something that could be added is the option of duplicating a scheduled project from one resource to another.

last month

Hi Angela Thanks for sharing your feedback with us :) I just wanted to let you know that you can quickly duplicate bookings from one resource to another by using SHIFT+drag, so there's no need to manually create bookings! You can find further details about it just here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942096-duplicate-or-copy-calendar-events I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help! Thanks, Michelle

Nikki K.
Graphic Designer in UK

A great way of organising your day

5 4 years ago

Pros:

That you can easily move jobs around if they need to change and can book off holiday time and meeting time so that you don't overbook yourself.

Cons:

The waiting time bit could be better if time is overbooked - doesn't allow for different lengths of working days.

4 years ago

Hi Nikki, Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can most definitely customise the availability of each of your resources on a daily basis - not every day has to have the same availability. You can set resources normal availability (which is the availability which repeats on a weekly basis) and you can also create availability exceptions if you need to make a temporary change to someone's normal availability. You might find this article on resource availability useful https://help.resourceguruapp.com/customer/portal/articles/2162590 I hope this helps, but please get in touch if you have any questions. We're always happy to help! Thanks, Kat

Martin P.
CEO North Region in Denmark
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees

Guru

4 3 months ago

Comments: Easy to use! All in the cloud.

Pros:

It is easy to get started and it is easy to use

Cons:

Reporting part. We need to be able to redraw a nice report of the hours used daily/weekly/monthly/yearly for each project with the hours and comment for each person pr day to support our invoicing

3 months ago

Hi Martin Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :) Did you know that you can download detailed copies of your reports, and then use pivot tables to roll up your data how you choose (for example by day/week/month/year)? You can learn more about using the downloaded reports here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942087-using-the-downloaded-reports. I hope this helps! If you need any further assistance at any point please don't hesitate to reach out :) Happy scheduling! Kat

James B.
Account Manager in UK
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees

Review of Guru

5 2 years ago

Comments: Good overall. Easy to see projects scheduled in our design studio and what projects are looked after by each account manager. Search function is great. Also makes looking at our capacity and future schedule much easier. Anything moving around is instantly updated.

Pros:

Easy to update. Colours for each account manager. Easy to plan schedules and build timelines on larger project. Good to see overall capacity and amount of time already scheduled in / availability.

Cons:

Would prefer more navigation function (zoom, click and drag

2 years ago

Hi James Thanks for sharing your feedback! I just wanted to let you know that we offer different zoom settings and you can learn about them here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942101-zooming-in-and-out You can also right click and drag to move around your schedule, or use a touchpad or arrow keys as well as the scroll bars. I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do to help at any point, please just let me know :) Thanks, Kat

Kevin G.
Engineering Manager in US
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees

Simple and intuitive scheduling software

5 6 months ago

Comments: Overall, this software is the easiest scheduling software that I have ever used.

Pros:

The product interface is very well designed and very easy to use. There is a very short learning curve. It is easy to create new clients, projects, resources, etc. It is also easy to move the date of bookings, copy and paste bookings to other resources, and split or delete bookings.

Cons:

The major feature that is missing is that Resource Guru does not have a native feature to alert resources of new or changed bookings. We currently manage this using Zapier, but it requires us to have another 3rd party software subscription.

Mark B.
Director in UK

How RG helps to streamline job planning for CIM Signs

5 8 months ago

Comments: its been ground breaking to move forward with technology - the whole team can see whats going on, you can amend stuff wherever you are, planning work and moving it about easily is such a luxury

Pros:

one place that all can see to plan work and its simple

Cons:

it would be nice to be able to search a particular job and see everywhere that it is booked in, even if listed. it would also be awesome to be able to break a job down in to all its component parts with times, then allocate to people in different departments - ie 1 hours design, 15 mins ordering product, 2 hours making, 4 hours fitting - they could all be one job, but using different people (resources)

Bettina C.
Operations Director in Australia
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1,000 Employees

Creative department

4 2 years ago

Comments: Love the product but would like to see some more detail in the functionality

Pros:

how it looks in calendar view, the simple drag and drop of booking.

Cons:

would like the option to customise the order of appearance (ie drag and drop). it also desperately needs an App! Could also do with the ability to customise the height of the rows so you can fit more in one view (I have 48 people I need a birds eye view of and the row height is a bit of a waste of space). Also the dashboard doesn't have wait list on it which is a pain for users. The reports are a it archaic as well so would like some more options there.

Will B.
Technical Support in US
Utilities, 501-1,000 Employees

Guru Review

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Easy to set up different types of Projects. You can slide from page to page.

Cons:

Hard to schedule two or more projects in a day.

2 years ago

Hi Will, Thanks for sharing your review. Sorry to hear you struggled to schedule more than two projects a day. You can schedule as many projects as you like, as long as the bookings fit within your resources availability. You can learn more about booking clashes here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942080-booking-clashes-the-waiting-list-overtime-and-capacity-planning Let me know if you need any help with it. Thanks, Michelle

Jonathan G.
Operations Manager in Australia

A great, simple resourcing and scheduling tool.

4 2 months ago New

Comments: Easy to implement and quick to work out. I find the simplicity of use great for new staff – particular working remotely. Calendar syncing with Microsoft on Mac has been an ongoing issue.

Pros:

Ease of use. Simplicity and transparency.

Cons:

Calendar integration would be great (two-way for mac). Filters show all people booked on a job/project but don't show just those bookings.

Mats N.
Art Director in Norway

Guru

4 2 years ago

Pros:

Easy overview of daily and weekly tasks.

Cons:

As just auser it's impossible to move (or remove) my own scheduled events

2 years ago

Hi Mats Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :) I wanted to let you know that you can edit or delete bookings which have been made for you if you have sufficient permissions. I'd recommend speaking to an administrator in your account to request increased permissions if required. If there's anything else we can do for you at any point, please just let us know! Thanks, Kat

Stephane R.
Director of operations in Canada
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees

Groupe CLR (Laval)

5 6 months ago

Comments: I am abble to have all the customer scedule in one place, accesseble to all my team at he same time

Pros:

The product is Easy to use and frendly. The display is clear.

Cons:

The working hours for each resources seam to be link whit overtime and reports wich i dont need

Alternatives Considered: monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru: Best review and pricing

Laura S.
Copywriter in UK
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

A much clearer view of work scheduled and availability

4 2 months ago New

Comments: Resource Guru makes it so much easier to plan my time. It also helps me to respond quickly and accurately to job requests because I can easily see where there are gaps and where I can move projects too. I was using a spreadsheet before and Resource Guru has made life much, much easier.

Pros:

I really like the fact I can clearly see what projects I have booked in and when and how much time I have free each day, week and month. It's great that I can use colour coding too to get more clarity.

Cons:

I'd really like to be able to search projects to bring the right one up quickly. And I'd like there to be an app for Mac and/or iPhone.

SAG/AFTRA Stuntwoman in US
Animation

Great app - looking forward to increased functionality

5 3 years ago

Pros:

It allows my team to update resource use on their own schedule, and eliminates hours of my time in schedule and team management. I also love that I can archive resources when they are temporarily inactive, therefore saving money.

Cons:

What I would like to see in the future: 1. Ability to get daily "Meeting Room" email or report of usage. (Ability to set the time that this occurs would also be helpful) 2. For events that an administrator assigns to a booker, it would be great if the booker could also edit the event. 3. Allow for same-day event schedule changes to notify the resource.

Mark J.
Student Media Coordinator in US
Primary/Secondary Education

Great tracking, greater accountability

5 6 years ago

Pros:

Resource Guru has been fantastic to work with. They have always had excellent customer service, their product is easy to use, and the bills are on-time and consistent. At this point, Resource Guru is a staple program for our college TV station.

Cons:

The only thing that I would change would be allowing for custom fields on resource checkouts as a standard. There is currently a large text box for any comments, but it would be great to have the ability to name and create one line text options if you use them for every checkout.

Sally C.
East Midlands Planner in UK
Utilities, 51-200 Employees

My Guru Review

5 2 years ago

Comments: Great ! Very easy to use.

Pros:

Makes our scheduling process a lot more streamlined as we were previously using a spreadsheet for our gang availability previously. It also now means that our Operations Team also have visability & can book dates in directly while they are on site with customers

Cons:

There isn't anything I dislike about this software.

Fred J.
IT and Business Admin in US
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

A breath of fresh air.....

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Its flexibility, take a quick peek at all your resources weeks ahead . The filters, the reports.

Cons:

So far, I would like to have assignment notifications, not automatically, but it will be nice if I could choose to send or not an official assignment notification.

International Channel Manager in Italy

Fast and simply tool

4 10 months ago

Comments: I usually need to add, move and delete resource bookings. The tool satisfies this need very well.

Pros:

great platform for planning and resource scheduling. It is clear and easy to use.

Cons:

There isn't anything I do not like but I need to say that I just use it for resource bookings and this works great

Ricardo C.
Trainer in Portugal
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

Nice

4 2 months ago

Comments: Is very efficient and very visual.

Pros:

The product is easy to use and very efficient.

Cons:

Perhaps the colours...but I think that is not determined so, it's ok!

2 months ago

Hi Ricardo Thanks for sharing your feedback :) Customisation of the colour palette is firmly on our roadmap, but in the meantime if you have any programming capabilities at your end you can use our API to add custom colours. You can assign your own custom colours via API right now if you'd prefer. You can find all of the API documentation via our Developer Center here https://app.resourceguruapp.com/developers/apps I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help! Thanks, Michelle