Brandfolder Reviews

4.7 (426) Write a Review!

About Brandfolder

Brandfolder is the industry-leading, most intuitive Digital Asset Management platform

Learn more about Brandfolder

Pros:

Integration went very easily. User friendly interface, access from anywhere.

Cons:

Also there’s no mobile app or watermarking feature which really makes working with this program difficult.

Brandfolder ratings

4.6
4.7
4.5
4.6

8.8/10

Brandfolder has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 426 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Brandfolder before?

Ali
Ali
Information Technology Adviser in Azerbaijan

Single source and easy way to managing all digital assets

Comments: All content and files related to our brand are in one place available to our team and business partners, and with intelligent image and file search systems, let's imagine you have Google Images in control of your files. The ability to share files and determine the level of access is very useful, and it is possible to use the files in all applications and Softwares that we use daily, both offline and online. Superb Cloud-based Digital Asset Management platform with great integration without the learning need, because it’s super easy to use.

Pros:

The ability to search for images and select similar photo works very smartly and excellent. Also, file sharing is useful for our team with the possibility of creating an access level, and the ability to use files in all tools, platforms, and software works great for us, this is superb integration capability when you are at real project understanding how it’s useful in reality.

Cons:

The structure of folders and tags can be more intelligent than a method with artificial intelligence and logic, and currently does not match the other features of a cloud-based platform, and may require a more modern design. There are many ideas for managing smart tags and smart folders that I am sure the Brandfolder development team will achieve in the future.

Robin
Senior Graphic Designer in US
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

Review from the pizza industry

Comments: My overall experience with Brand Folder has been great! We use it for two of our brands and everyone in-house is happy with it. We cut email management down a ton with franchisees going to Brand Folder first as a reference. Saves me ton of time packing and sending files to print vs. other products with very long upload times. Ease of use is huge for our group of users and we have no complaints about Brand Folder.

Pros:

This product works perfect for us both in house and for our franchises. Helps me cut email management time back and forth down a ton. Great resource for franchises and vendors to visit first before taking up more time in-house. The ease of use goes unmatched by other software.

Cons:

Wish our users could get auto generated updated when new items are available. Right now I create an email for them every quarter but I am always uploading new material.

Samantha
Marketing Coordinator in US
Automotive, 51-200 Employees

Brandfolder Review

5.0 last month New

Comments: I like Brandfolder, if you need an asset manager without spending too much I recommend it. It's easy to use and makes work faster.

Pros:

I like that it's a single source of truth for all our assets.

Cons:

That I can't use the CDN everywhere and the share links need an easier location to reference them.

Todd
Sales Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 10,000+ Employees

Did not deliver on pitch

3.0 last month New

Comments: We are now several months into our role out and very frustrated. We spent time in the demo enviroment to ensure we had the capabilities required. Now that we are in our live environment we keep trying to follow our SOP and find that features demo'd were not included. Each step we take feels like we encounter a road block.

Pros:

I like the search capability, clean design, and unlimited free guest users.

Cons:

Cumbersome pricing and confusing demo sales practice. What we demoed was not what we got.

Jessica
Jessica
Game Programmer in US

Makes it easy to share files with co-workers and clients

Comments: The lockout imposed by covid prompted us to shift our focus to remote consultation. Using Brandfolder, we were able to give our customers big files quickly and easily. Using the Guest Uploads functionality, we can aggregate assets from our network so that we may all benefit from their contributions. Using this tool, our partners may upload huge files without having to send them over email.

Pros:

The ability to tag assets makes them more discoverable, and that's something I'd want to see more of. In addition, I like the ease with which I can share any Brandfolder item with another user without them having to form an account. If you're looking for a tool that's straightforward to learn and use, this is the one. Sharing files with clients and coworkers has never been easier.

Cons:

I can honestly say that Brandfolder has no drawbacks for me. Brandfolder has never let me down, and I've never had any issues with it in the past.

Dustin
Director of Brand & Creative in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 201-500 Employees

Brandfolder has been a game-changer in forwarding our goal of brand alignment.

Comments: As mentioned above, as our organization has grown to ~500 employees worldwide, brand alignment has become increasingly challenging. Brandfolder has allowed our team at HQ to disseminate on-brand materials quickly and efficiently to not just Marketing teams around the world, but to every employee. It has been hugely successful overall and after six months we have barely scratched the surface with its potential.

Pros:

First off, the sales and set-up process was top notch. The team at Brandfolder was super attentive and patient with us from the get-go. They were the clear standout in that regard compared to other DAM platforms we considered. Set up was a breeze. I was the lead admin to implement and organize our Brandfolder structure and I never really ran into any trouble figuring things out. The tagging system was very intuitive and the instructions sent by the Brandfolder team were very clear. Prior to implementing Brandfolder, my colleagues and I at HQ would get inundated with photo and resource requests. Since launching Brandfolder, we very rarely get those requests and usually now when we do, we just say "it's on Brandfolder". Making out teams self-sufficient has been a huge time saver and has forwarded our goals of brand alignment worldwide.

Cons:

There are certain features we need that seem obvious to our team that do no exist. The Brandfolder team is very responsive to feedback and are constantly releasing new features, but one of our main gripes has not been implemented yet. I would also argue that the Brandguide feature leaves a lot to be desired. That was the one area I felt was a bit clunky to use and had a lot of back and forth with the Brandfolder team.

Liza
Marketing and Communications Manager in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 201-500 Employees

Brandfolder has changed the way our organization works

Comments: Brandfolder has helped us unify our global brand across 30+ markets. It has made sharing resources and updated materials seamless, whereas before rolling out these changes to nearly 500 staff across the world required extensive communication. It has saved my team, our central marketing team, a huge amount of work.

Pros:

Brandfolder has allowed us to seamlessly manage a global brand across 30+ markets, and ensure that everyone both on marketing teams, and throughout our entire organization, is using the most up to date materials and can access essential resources and photos, all managed centrally by our team. It has truly been a game changer for us. The Brandfolder team was great in helping us migrate our assets from dropbox and organize them on the new platform. They're also extremely responsive to feedback. Onboarding our team here was easy, thanks to a user friendly interface. Really can't say enough good things.

Cons:

I really don't have anything negative to say about Brandfolder. We have been using it for a little less than a year now, and every time our team has hit a snag, the Brandfolder team has come through with a solution. The only use case that has been a little bit of an obstacle for us is with photo crediting. We use the platform to store many event photos, and there isn't a super seamless way to make sure that the photo credits are integrated into the actual photo files themselves.

Stefanie
Marketing Specialist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Easy to use

Comments: It is a easy to use and implement system. They are very helpful and willing to help put together training for your employees. They answer questions and resolve issues very quickly, if not the same day. The system is easy to use and can support all file formats we have needed.

Pros:

This product is much easier to use than our old system. We love the search and filter feature! Our franchise system rarely used our old system due to the lacking search feature. With Brandfolder we were able to limit the folders and sub-folders and focus on the search and filter tools.

Cons:

We have a few glitches with the templating feature a few months after we sent it out to out franchise system. It only affected a few of our franchisees, but it didn't look good with our system. Brandfolder started working on the issue right away and everything was up and working that same day.

Jean-Paul
Senior Product Marketing Manager in US
Internet, 51-200 Employees

Exactly What My Team & Company Needed

Comments: Having a single-source of truth has quickly made an impact on our team's productivity. Having all types of content that our Sales team can access and locate has improved their productivity as well.

Pros:

We needed a digital asset management tool that was easy to deploy, could be integrated into our workflow with ease, grow with us, and was intuitive to use as we would open it up to all internal employees...Brandfolder checked all these boxes.

Cons:

Brandfolder does integrate into many of the most popular tools like Slack and Salesforce which was one of the reasons we went them. However, some aspects of the integration into Slack could be developed further (which I think is on their roadmap).

Rebecca
Rebecca
Digital Strategy Manager in US
Online Media, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A Modern Interface with an Excellent Pricing Model

Comments: The have great customer support, the setup was pretty quick and it's easy to make mass edits.

Pros:

I really liked the easy to use interface and the unlimited guest users. Those were two key points during our decision making.

Cons:

I would love for users to be able to send a shareable link of their personal boards and the personalized template piece saved to their personal board as well. I think that would be very helpful for sales.

Mariah
Creative Operations Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees

Brandfolder Review

Comments: My overall experience with Brandfolder has been good. There are some pros and cons to the database but overall I think it is a good place to house assets for smaller companies. It makes organizing assets easy and convenient. But as our company scales, it has become a little trickier.

Pros:

I like the overall layout of Brandfolder. It is easy to use and to navigate. I think it is very user friendly and has some great features and integrations like Slack. It was easy for me to organize all of my company's assets and customer service has always been fast and very responsive to any question or concern I have had. The software is always improving and updating and they are always adding new features to Brandfolder. Brandfolder is a great to house all of our company's assets in one centralized location.

Cons:

I least liked the tagging system in Brandfolder. I am not a fan of automatic tagging because some of the tags that automatically pop up arent useful to how we sort our assets. It is a feature I can do without. Our team also had some concerns and dislikes when it came to Adobe Integration. It wasnt as seemless as we would have liked it to be. I think those are two areas that need improvement.

Adam
Marketing Manager in UK
Machinery, 51-200 Employees

Classeq and Brandfolder

Comments: We use Brandfolder to share with a large network of distributors, plus international subsidiaries and other internal stakeholders - A great way to have everything in one place.

Pros:

1) Really simple to use and requires next to no training when giving our distributors access to assets. 2) Ability to embed assets on website - reducing the time required to update multiple CMS systems 3) Pins - Great way of showing all assets for products

Cons:

We use this for multiple brands - the only improvement i could think of at this stage is if you could create a collection that was fed from the different brands. So that when we are pitching with combined brands we can have a collection that is specific to that client.

Carly
Marketing Manager in US
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Perfect Platform for Brand Portal

Comments: The overall experience with Brandfodler was great from start to finish. It met the needs that we had and our employees use it very often.

Pros:

Brandfolder is a very easy-to-use and customizable platform that was perfect for creating our company's brand portal. Following the merger and re-brand of our company, we wanted to create a brand portal is to centralize all digital assets, and having an efficient system to manage them is paramount to maximize productivity. As all digital assets are controlled in one place, we can be confident that off-brand or out-of-date assets are no longer available to employees. After reviewing other platforms, we decided to choose Brandfolder as our digital asset hub given the customization, security, and permission levels. The onboarding team and support were super helpful every step of the way and ensured that we were ready to have a successful launch for our employees. The program is very intuitive and our employees were able to set up their account and use the platform without and training. Features we liked the most: Super customizable to the brand (logos, colors, fonts, etc.) Brand guidelines (set up in the system which links from the Collection) User rights (different teams can see different assets) Vanity URL (custom to our brand) Insights & analytics (easy reporting, can see which assets are being viewed/downloaded the most)

Cons:

The brand guidelines were one of our favorite features, however, it was not the easiest to design. While there are templates to use and plug and play, we wanted ours to be highly designed to match our brand. To do so, CSS coding is needed. The support team was great in sharing some code ideas from other brand guidelines they have seen. The coding was fairly easy to learn and we were very happy with the end product.

Cristóbal
Cristóbal
Global Marketing Manager in UK
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

The best solution for marketing assets, file storage and templating options

Comments: Brandfolder has solved entirely one of the most difficult part of our business: having an easy to use, quick, beautiful set of assets for our partners and agents to use in their marketing activities; as well as allow a very intuitive way of creating their own marketing materials within our brand thanks to the templating option. It has revolutionized the way we work entirely in the marketing department and the creative studio. Thanks a lot, keep up the great work!

Pros:

Brandfolder can connect to InDesign to create templates that can be shared with all the members of your organizations. Now we can create flyers, specially formatted images and email assets really quickly without needing to install heavy sized programs or train the teams on using design software. Brandfolder loads very quick, and presents beautifully all assets with their thumbnails in a very visual way. The Brandfolder team is AWESOME. They always have time for you, they respond very quickly and listen to your feedback attentively to make the platform better every time.

Cons:

Anything that was a little bit less functional or any feedback I ever had was implemented by the Brandfolder production team a short time after flagged, so all the parts that I liked the least about the software are now gone :D

Sarah
Art Director in US
Automotive, 501-1,000 Employees

Best DAM Tool Around

Comments: Brandfolder has fixed the communication gap between marketing and sales.
We now no longer have outdated sales sheets floating around. We are able to push out new assets easily and have seen great company adoption. It has made our lives easier in the marketing department.

Pros:

Brandfolder has changed the way our marketing department runs. We are now able to focus on putting out new materials and not have to spend half of day answering emails and slacks. We now have a single source of truth. It's easy to use and easy to find whatever assets you are looking for. The templating feature is also amazing.

Cons:

Not as integrated with Google Slides as we'd like, but overall we've found workarounds. However, If we have ever had any issues or things to solve, their support team has been amazing to work with. They will even followup on new features I've requested that end up getting rolled out.

Luisa
Senior Designer in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees

Makes everyone's Lives so much easier

Comments: Brandforlder helps the whole organization to look more standardized. coming from every region of the world - everyone uses the resources from one source! that's what we really wanted

Pros:

The best thing about Brandfolder is convenience! We have a lot of different offices around the world that we service and we have gotten so many compliments because people love using it. I no longer get 20 emails every week asking for the same resources (logos, pictures, colors..) and I don't have to spend hours looking for resources because they all organized neatly and ready to be shared. the other best thing is the Template maker. OMG, I needed this for so long and now that I have it I'm still so excited i get to use it!

Cons:

I honestly don't have any cons. I guess it took me some time to get used to the non-file system - but that is on me and the system actually works wonderfully.

Loren
Marketing Projects Specialist in US
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Intuitive Interface...Amazing Support!

Comments: Previously, we had assets spread across multiple platforms -- hard drives, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. -- and could spend precious time hunting for the correct asset. With Brandfolder, everyone in the organization will know where to go to download approved, up-to-date assets (in our case logos and photography). The creative department can set up "macros" for asset export in custom sizes that accommodate specific departments' needs -- making the process of pulling assets in exactly the right size and format much easier.

Pros:

Fast and intuitive. Easy for users to get up to speed, even if they aren't using the platform that often.

Cons:

If there was one thing to dislike, it would be the process of envisioning how your assets could be organized -- because that will dictate a lot of the initial work. But once we were over the "architecture" hurdle, things went very well. Many of our initial dislikes have already been solved by subsequent updates to Brandfolder.

gabrielle
VP of Marketing in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Good, But Needs Improvement

Comments: We like using it but the tag/file name limitations has caused issues.

Pros:

I love that you can actually see the assets. This is a gamechanger when looking at creative and photography.

Cons:

Everything is case sensitive - which leads to our team members creating lots of duplicate tags. It is also a bit of a mess getting your team aligned with tags/labels/sections. It is not as intuitive as other softwares. You also have to know exactly what tag you are searching for as the search picks up on tags not file names.

Jessa
Sr. Developer, Marketing Communications in US
Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 Employees

A place for everything and everything in its place

Pros:

Brandfolder has been a major time saver for our team, letting us easily host and search for image assets and embed them in our marketing communications. We switched from a clunky in-house hosting solution to Brandfolder, and managed to shave off production time AND eliminate storage bloat caused by accidental duplicate files. The platform is easy to navigate and search, gives us plenty of custom organization options, and requires very little prep/training. Brandfolder has been stable and reliable, so we know our files will be there and load when we need them to!

Cons:

While I appreciate how granular you can get with the permissions in Brandfolder, the majority of our users ideally need full upload/edit permissions. However, the expense of additional Admin accounts is prohibitive, leaving us to shuffle Admin level permissions around from person to person to ensure we have adequate coverage when someone is out of the office. Additionally, the way that permissions levels are listed across several different places in the platform is somewhat confusing. A single, platform-wide permissions screen would be a great feature. Lastly, the templating feature through PrintUI was so confusing to implement that the task has been handed through three different people in our office and we never got it off the ground.

Christopher
Christopher
Senior Art Director in US
Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Brandfolder Data Asset Management

Comments: I have been involved in Brandfolder since we started using it at my company. We have a large number of assets including logos, images, collateral, tradeshow displays, videos, etc that we need to share with our global marketing team, sales team, other employees as well as our business partners, distributors, etc. Brandfolder has been a game changer for us for this reason. The templating feature allows users to self serve by filling in information and exporting pdfs. This is a great feature when it comes to business cards, customizing call to actions on Ads, etc.

Pros:

I really enjoy the visual nature of Brandfolder. It is easy to navigate and review files that are in system. I really like the group tagging and pin tagging features. I can pin tag selected items for a campaign, pin tag it at the top of the page and viewers can select the tag and view all of the items without having to plug in search terms. The new feature of being able to crop images and export to a specific pixel dimension is a game changer for us. It allows users to self serve without having to back to a designer to edit.

Cons:

Brandfolder has a great insights tool that allows you to see what the most popular items that being downloaded. To get a deeper view of my data, I currently need to have my rep send me an excel sheet. I would like to be able to self serve that data from the insights are on Brandfolder.

Dakota
Brand Manager in US

Brandfolder - more like lifesaver!

Comments: As Brand Manager, it's an invaluable tool for me and saves myself and the Marketing team so much time and manual effort. Maintaining brand standards is so much easier now that we have full control over all of our assets. My team loves it and so do our employees, couldn't ask for more!

Pros:

Brandfolder is exactly what we needed! We absolutely wouldn't be able to function or scale without it. It's incredibly easy to use and implement. Employee training and adoption was a breeze with a 95% approval rating from our last internal employee survey. It has completely revolutionized our digital asset management and has even become an important tool in our employee onboarding process. We looked into 2 other DAMs but Brandfolder won out with better functionality, robust analytics and ease of use - it was a very easy decision for us to go with Brandfolder.

Cons:

Not really any cons to note besides a couple very minute product features that would make small things a little easier.

Andrew
Instructional Designer in Australia
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Brandfolder for a small team

Comments: Setting up Brandfolder was fast and easy, with plenty of support provided from the Brandfolder team. We're based in Australia, so the team at Brandfolder also worked with us to find support times that worked for us and them, which usually meant that the support team stayed at work a little longer to catch us in the mornings. Great service!

Pros:

Brandfolder has been super easy to use and setup, and has made working with our contractors soooo much easier for our small design team. And as an added bonus, Brandfolder has made it really easy to transfer work between the workplace and home, so working from home has been really easy.

Cons:

Because we are only a small team, the pricing is a little expensive for what we are using it for. While it works perfectly for teams of any size, it's designed with a larger user-base in mind, and is priced accordingly. I asked the sales team at Brandfolder about this, and because we are a not-for-profit organisation, they were able to give us a good discount.

Marketing Production Lead in US
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 201-500 Employees

Super robust for asset management

Pros:

There are so many features to take advantage of within Brandfolder - importing from multiple services, sort in multiple ways, photo info, video embedding, tags, etc. There are a lot of ways you can customize it for what you need.

Cons:

So many features, it's a little difficult or confusing on how to implement at the beginning. Their team is super helpful though.

Analyst, Content Strategy in US
Airlines/Aviation, 10,000+ Employees

An invaluable resource

Comments: Brandfolder has been invaluable resource for me. I always have the latest and greatest branded assets, without needing to resort to a desktop folder. No longer do i have to send emails to get a hex code for an official brand color, everything is in one consolidated space!

Pros:

I like most the ability to bulk share and distribute creative assets using brandfolder's incredible share feature. I can share entire brandfolders, selections of creative assets or single assets, which has saved a ton of time. Instead of having monthly emails asking for the same file, I can provide a brandfolder link that updates as I upload to the folder. Great feature!

Cons:

If the organization is large enough, you're often unsure who has what level of access. As a user on a team that has more broad access than other workgroups, often times I've found myself referring others to a brandfolder that they 'cannot see' because they don't have the right access. Not necessarily a software dislike.

Ben
Director of Video and Photography in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

The Best Customer Support I Have Ever Seen

Comments: From day one their customer service has blown me away. They have been so responsive to any question my team and I have had. They answer every email in less than 24 hours, usually in an hour or two. When my team and I have given feedback they have taken all of our suggestions. I was invited to cuszimro feedback group recently where they shared their roadmap and took improvement suggestions from a group. They are always looking to back their customers happy and their product better.

Pros:

The user interface is quick and easy to use. You can quickly ingest new media and you're users are going to be able to find the assets they are looking for so quickly. Everything about this system is fast. Including their customer service!

Cons:

There are some small user interface tweaks that they need to work on. Videos don't display runtimes, multipage PDFs don't have a great user interface, etc. Nothing huge but could use improvement. The great thing is these small things are getting fixed! Their customer service is very responsive and they are always making their customers for suggestions and tweaks.