• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5

About TalentLMS

An award-winning LMS for those looking to build online courses for any purpose in a few easy clicks, even with zero experience.

Learn more about TalentLMS

Showing 25 reviews of 383

Sandra F.
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2020

"Easy to use and very reliable"

Comments: I'm very satisfied with this product. Thanks to TalentLMS, I can successfully offer my products to a large number of customers.

Pros: I've been using TalentLMS since 2019.
The software is easy to use , has all necessary features and works stable and reliable.
There is an extensive product documentation available and a very fast support team is answering individual questions. There have been two webinars with helpful tips in the last 2 months.
An app is available so that user can learn offline.
Last update now enables more user-specific adjustments (Homepage).

Cons: The offline app does not show exactly what is in the online LMS.
There are few individual structuring options.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2020
Beth S.
Principle
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2019

"Highly recommended LMS for small business"

Comments: Highly positive experience from set-up though daily user experience.

Pros: Price is very reasonable and customer service is outstanding. Our team was able to set-up and launch the platform in just a few weeks.

Cons: It lacks some customization features, but is very easy to set-up and can do nearly everything we need it to do.

by Epignosis on 20/09/2019

Glad to hear that setting up and working with TalentLMS has been nice and easy, Beth! Should you ever have any feedback on ways we can improve, our support team would love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback!

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2019
Michael s. J.
Managing Partner
  • Reviewed on 6/07/2018

"My experience using TalentLMS has been wonderful. It's simple to use, yet also very sophisticated!"

Comments: We host video learning content on TalentLMS and it works great for this purpose.

Pros: The design of this software is well thought out. Although TalentLMS has many sophisticated features (everything one could possibly need and more), it's designed in such a way to minimize user complexity. As an admin and instructor, I'm able to get things done quickly without much time and effort (with limited technical knowledge). The visual look and feel of an LMS is important to me. Many LMS systems look "techy" and are NOT a pleasure to use. TalentLMS is clean and elegant and provides a great experience for admins, instructors and users. I think of TalentLMS as the Apple computer of LMS systems. Another big differentiator is that TalentLMS enables instructors to create courses quickly without a painful learning curve that kills productivity. Learning content is placed into buckets called learning objects. Any kind of content hosted anywhere can be used. Making changes to courses is a snap. Also, I found the white labeling and customization of TalentLMS to be surprisingly easy. Support documentation is thorough and well written. I was able to quickly customize our learning portal without doing any HTML coding whatsoever in about 30 minutes! No help from technical experts needed. Before deciding on TalentLMS, I reviewed dozens of LMS providers (a hair-pulling experience) and found most to be very expensive, complex, lack-luster on feature and visual appeal. I just don't have the patience or the time to deal with those handicaps! We are very glad to have discovered TalentLMS.

Cons: After about a year, I haven't encountered any problems using TalentLMS. Of course, there's always room for improvement on the way to perfection. There appears to be a little overlap in the learning objects - Content, Web content and videos are really just "content". However, this could be by design. Maybe there should be a universal content object that accommodates all content types. The only videos accepted for the "Video" object are YouTube. However, we use another video hosting platform to protect our content from download, among other reasons. However, this is not a real problem because we just embed our videos using the content learning object, which looks sort of like a WordPress content box. Just copy the embed code from the video provider and paste into the content box. That's it; works great. The only other thing I can think of is that the default HTML video player could use a few more control bar options such as view quality selection and a way to set download video or disallow download video. However, this is not a problem for us because we use embed video codes from our video hosting provider and therefore the provider's video player is used instead of the default HTML player. We control the features of this video player on the video hosting side.

by Epignosis on 25/10/2018

Michael, cheers! Thank you very much for the positive review and the comprehensive feedback. We're thrilled that you've found TalentLMS to be the most affordable, easy-to-use, feature-rich, and 'well thought out' solution out of every other you've tried. Your suggestions are equally appreciated, so please feel free to visit our knowledge base and add them to the ideas section. Thanks for the 5 stars!

• Reviewed on 6/07/2018
Michael H.
E-learning Producer
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2017

"Talented approach to T & D"

Comments: From the moment I began to investigate TalentLMS I knew this was a fresh approach to an age old problem: How to motivate employees to compete with themselves. The platform is simple and powerful. Reliable and refreshing. It's my favorite and I've seen way too many learning platforms. It's built on an engine, but it has the flexibility a good instructional designer needs to customize the learning experience. Mobile friendly and robust. Great detailed and customizable reporting...and badges and progress infographics. I could go on, but I gush. I'm just a client, but I feel part of this great team. The best.

Pros: Great design.
Powerful LMS administration tools...easily accessible.
Intuitive for the learner, instructor and administrator.
Highly customizable, with branches that can be branded for teams, departments or even different products. Easy to replicate learning objects for different users.
Personalization for system and course communication.
Responsive support.
Great culture.

Cons: One of their strengths is a weakness. The platform is cloud-based so updates are easy and keep the platform working effectively with little or no administrative intervention. But some of the updates can affect third party integrations. When updates come through, administrators should be informed of potential incompatibilities and plan for the update. I am confident that updates will be done with advanced notice in the future. They are responsive to feedback too!
One more thing, I wish it could read my mind.

by Epignosis on 21/03/2017

Hi Michael, We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and we are so glad that you are pleased with TalentLMS! Detailing the areas on which we can improve on really does help us to make TalentLMS better so we are thankful to hear that too. Many thanks :)

• Reviewed on 20/03/2017
Shayna B.
Utilities, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2017

"Easy, Reliable, Just Enough"

Comments: It enabled me to start and build my business. Very grateful.

Pros: Unlimited branches, unlimited courses, simple tiered pricing model based upon Users. Great for 95% of most LMS needs. Only had one glitch in 2 years, fixed in 24 hours....amazingly reliable. Friendly support, but their online support database of common items has addressed nearly everything I needed, which is a lot, as I manage over 1300 Users across 4 branches. I would recommend them to anyone looking to get into the LMS management world. Very happy I found them.

Cons: I'd like a little more customization capability beyond CSS and JavaScript. Like Widgets and drag and drop capability to make pages more unique. Also, group function does not appear to work as intended....cannot separate who sees a course by their User Group and requires us to create an entirely new branch, which is not cost effective. I'd also like additional category capability.

by Epignosis on 11/07/2017

Hi Shayna,

Many thanks for your lovely words! We're very glad that TalentLMS has proved to be such a good fit for your needs! Your feedback is very important to us and your suggestions helps us improve our product and service.

Thanks very much!

• Reviewed on 27/06/2017
Liliana R.
Training and Development
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2020

"Everything you need from a LMS"

Comments: In this time of pandemic, having Talent LMS implemented was a great advantage as we are able to continually educate employees at home office, additional Talent allows the use of all types of files to generate fast content. It is also compatible with some videoconferencing platforms such as zoom.
It is a great tool that all companies must have.

Pros: It supports a wide variety of files, including SCORM, ppt, pdf, youtube videos, and even text with images. It allows you to divide your students into groups and track its performance. Gamification is also a great feature.

Cons: Its custom reports, the software generates very nice reports in an infographic view but the information is a bit limited, the pro is that you can always export to excel.

by Epignosis on 15/12/2020

Thanks for the great feedback, Liliana!

Staci H.
Academia Director
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"A great option!"

Comments: Overall, this has been a positive experience. Customer support at TalentLMS has been responsive and helpful. Being able to customize the courses with our logo was a nice touch!

Pros: This software was easy to learn to use as the administrator, students seem to pick it up quickly without much direction. We were able to get all of the functionality we needed to deliver the courses for our students without spending a fortune to do it.

Cons: The discussion boards were not intuitive to integrate into the courses. We initially planned to have the discussion boards count for points in the courses, but there isn't an easy way to pull information on which students have participated, etc.

by Epignosis on 4/11/2019

Hi Staci, we're pleased to hear that TalentLMS has been easy for you to use, and also a breeze for your students to pick up! Our customer support team is happy to be of help and they continue to be available to you for any assistance in the future! Thanks for your feedback on the discussion boards, too!

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Jennifer L.
Learning & Development Consultant
E-Learning, Self Employed

"Easiest and best LMS"

Comments: TalentLMS lets me host all my courses in one place, even when they are blended courses with live virtual classes included. The app allows me and participants to learn on the go which is a great addition. The support team at TalentLMS are amazing - they've even helped me out over the weekend.

Pros: I love it's flexibility. I love that you can use it for stand alone elearning modules and longer courses blended with virtual classes. It does absolutely everything you need an LMS to do.

Cons: Nothing. It does everything I want it to do and more!

by Epignosis on 18/10/2019

Thank you so much for the review and 5-star rating, Jennifer! We're so glad to hear that you're loving the TalentLMS experience. We promise to keep working hard to keep you and all our valued customers happy!

John W.
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2017

"Easy to use, but it has a lot of great features."

Comments: We're building our learning business around the TalentLMS software, so it has significant benefits for us.

Pros: TalentLMS is a very easy platform to learn and manage; it's robust, stable and very intuitive for learners to quickly get up and running. The mobile apps for iOS and Android are also really good.

Cons: TalentLMS has a great search feature built into its platform, but the search results are limited to course titles or content that has already been completed by the learner. We use TalentLMS as a learning repository, so it would be ideal if our learners could search all of the content - not just the stuff they have already viewed. (We did speak to TalentLMS about this and it is on their radar for future development)

by Epignosis on 6/12/2017

Hi John,

We're very glad to see that TalentLMS has helped you build your training business! Indeed, the extended search capability will be available in an upcoming release, so stay tuned!

Thanks a lot for your feedback! It really helps us improve!

• Reviewed on 28/11/2017
Brian B.
Co-Founder, On-Demand Learning & Development Consultants
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2016

"So Easy UX - The Way an LMS Should BE"

Comments: I've been using TalentLMS for several years now. I had been looking for the easiest LMS to use - both from a learner perspective and and admin perspective. TalentLMS delivers. The features I need are all there - gamification, TinCan, Mobile. It's an absolute pleasure to use and we've gotten great response from the learners.

Pros: - Super easy to use
- Tons of features
- Great support, quick response
- So fast to build simple courses

Cons: - I need just a little more help uploading mobile Storyline courses

by Epignosis on 4/01/2017

Hi Brian, great to hear that you have finally found an LMS that works for you! In regards to help with storylines, please do contact support directly to deal with your issue in the quickest way possible. Either, use the Help section of your portal or visit this page http://support.talentlms.com/ to create a ticket. Many thanks!

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2016
Mavluda O.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2018

"We tried different LMS options before deciding on TalenLMS. This is the best available on market,"

Comments: It saved my time, so I was able to enter all my course materials within less than a week. Very user-friendly and easy to follow. Has all the features you may probably need to create a successful and comprehensive online course.

Pros: TalentLMS is very easy to follow and includes all necessary tools to create a comprehensive course. You can create assignments, tests or surveys to test your students and set different conditions for students to pass. There are different file formats you can incorporate into your course. An instructor can easily switch to a learner view to test the course settings. There is also the mobile application available, so it makes your course very competitive and reachable.

Cons: It would be very helpful to have more video conference options, like Hangouts. Having more customizable features for internal and external pages would add more freedom for personalizing your online school.

by Epignosis on 22/05/2018

Hi, Mavluda! Thank you very much for your five-star review and the positive feedback on our product¿s course creating features. We believe an LMS should make building, managing, and delivering courses as hassle-free as possible and TalentLMS is built to follow that principle. As for your thoughts on how to enhance and improve our platform, please feel free to add them directly to our suggestions database at http://support.talentlms.com/forums/162648-general. Thanks again for such a great review!

• Reviewed on 27/04/2018
Doreen B.
Training Manager
Machinery, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2017

"Great features and easy to use"

Comments: TalentLMS is very easy to use and has great features. We are an equipment manufacturer and have different needs than colleges. The features included standard with TalentLMS meets our unique needs. It allows us to organize lessons in groups for assignment to customers. Lessons are presented to the customer neatly organized into labeled categories ready and waiting for our customers to take them in the order that they should be taken. I couldn't be happier.

Pros: Feature rich and easy to use. Knowledgeable, friendly service department.

Cons: None.

by Epignosis on 21/03/2017

Hi Doreen, we would like to thank you for your review. We really do appreciate you taking the time to write your comments about TalentLMS and we are happy to hear that it is working for you. Many thanks!

• Reviewed on 17/03/2017
Todd B.
Executive Director
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/11/2020

"Revolutionized our organizations work!"

Comments: I'm a fan! Love this program and use it weekly (at least)!

Pros: With Covid, we had to change our status quo for doing training of the people we work with. After much research, I settled on using TalentLMS and am so happy I did. TalentLMS is easy to use, has a lot of good help and support programs, provides a very rich and easy to use learning platform, and has allowed our organization to easily and efficiently begin our on-line training program. I love the ease and flexibility of creating lessons, the gamability features, and the ease which integrates with our financial system. Highly recommend.

Cons: Honestly, I can't think of any cons. This is a great system that is easy to use and powerful.

by Epignosis on 19/11/2020

Todd, it'\s always great to hear from a self-proclaimed TalentLMS fan! We're thrilled to hear that TalentLMS has made the necessary pivot to online training easy for you and it already sounds like you're getting lots of value out of all the features! Of course, if you need any help along the way, our support team is always available to lend a hand!

• Reviewed on 2/11/2020
Ayisha H.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2018

"Loving It."

Pros: Its ease of use. Accessibility and to be able to make the course structure like I want to. Love the possibility of mapping to my business website and editing the outlook as per my requirements.

Cons: the mobile APP is not responsive. Would like the TEST option to allow for more MCQ styling. Assignment Screen to be dual (to allow for candidate to see the whole question in one view). The catalogue option allow me to change the way it shows the details of the course.

by Epignosis on 28/06/2018

Hello, Ayisha! Many thanks for loving¿\ our product. :) We¿re happy TalentLMS has made your work easier.

We¿re constantly improving the way the app looks and the features supported. However, feel free to add your suggestions to our knowledge base.

Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 18/06/2018
Patrick H.
Senuior Minister
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2020

"Great for Church Leader development"

Comments: Exceptional value and usability. Tech support is great, even though I am on other side of the world. The system just does what it is supposed to without fuss or under-delivering.

Pros: The ability to create seperate and fully whitelabelled branches that allow us to create multiple identities with one subscription

Cons: Only glitch is not being able to set up a seperate stripe account on a per-module basis. This would allow multiple content developers to profit from a centralised portal.

by Epignosis on 15/12/2020

Thanks for your feedback, Patrick! We're very glad to hear that you're making use of the super-useful branches features of TalentLMS and that you're finding great value in TalentLMS!

• Reviewed on 30/11/2020
Paul W.
Found Director
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2019

"LMS jam-packed with features"

Comments: TalentLMS is very user friendly.

Pros: I love that there are so many features available for the price. This is truly a value for money LMS.

Cons: I would like to see more features on the dashboard to format the custom homepage.

by Epignosis on 18/10/2019

Thanks for your review and 5-star rating, Paul! Our mission is to democratize learning, so value for money is super important to us, too! Our support team would love to hear your suggestions on what customizations would be useful to you, so don't hesitate to send them an email! Thanks again!

Joshua M.
Machinery, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2020

"JNM Rise - TalentLMS"

Comments: This is a really nice training software that for the price you cannot beat!! I highly encourage any new user try it out and see for themselves.

Pros: TalentLMS provides a great solution to those looking train their teams or educate potential customers. Much of the work generated for my business comes from leads of knowledgeable staff located within large manufacturing facilities - This strategy allows for great internal buy-in, but requires some upfront investment through training. My team and I built training using TalentLMS and offer it on a tablet. It has great buy in from the staff at the facilities and with the feedback they provide it is incredibly easy to tailor the training and relaunch. Also being able to make accounts for each user allows for ease of tracking progress through our training mod

Cons: Some limitations in what I was hoping to accomplish with the software but am happy with the overall product.

by Epignosis on 2/11/2020

Thank you for your review and for recommending TalentLMS!

• Reviewed on 24/10/2020
Sharon S.
Training Course support
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2014

"The cleanest LMS interface around"

Comments: When my company decided to offer online training courses for some of our clients, we began researching all options. We looked into adding WordPress to our website and considered embedding our Camtasia videos there, but the setup and add-ons were expensive and time consuming. So then we started researching already established online Learning Management Systems. Several were appealing, but seemed too complicated for what we needed. Others were just too expensive for what we wanted to begin with. At that time, Talent LMS was just established. We looked into it, watched the tutorial videos, emailed support with questions, and played around on the free version of the system . We decided to go with Talent LMS because the interface is clean but can be customized, to some extent. The videos are basic, but customer support is very responsive and even addresses suggestions for changes. The lowest level is free but even the next level up is reasonable - and the site allows for movement within the levels whenever the customer activity fluctuates. The setup is simple and the reports generated are sufficient, and can be shared with supervisors of the students. Overall, Talent LMS was just what we needed. There are a few cons, as in everything. The site is not American, so some of the spelling and syntax of the site comments are non-standard. The setup allows super-administrators to move around the site as administrators, instructors, or students. At times, it is difficult to remember which commands are under which role. A site map would be helpful in such cases. Overall, however, Talent LMS meets our needs without us having to reinvent the wheel - and we can then focus on our expertise to provide the trainings.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2014
Christopher K.
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2020

"Scorm-compliant, flexible and robust LMS"

Comments: We have managed to get the system set up to integrate our training programs with our application, and will continue to build deeper links with APIs, so I consider it a success.

Pros: We looked at more than a dozen LMS systems, and ultimately chose TalentLMS because of its flexibility, well documented APIs, and SSO capability. We're integrating training into our portal, so that users can access training modules on demand, and in response to user triggers in our system. So the ability to host our own domain, integrate SSO, and pass data back and forth with the LMS was key, along with scorm compliance.

Cons: Overall the system needs an Administrator UX overhaul. Navigating the ecosystem is complex and often confusing, with a number of workflows seeming to wind around through functions until you get lost. It's a very complex system, which is great, but it's not intuitive to navigate, and even with an experienced guide took some time to figure out.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2020
Brandon S.
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2018

"Mr"

Pros: TalentLMS is feature rich, easy to use and has a lot of options for creating courses. They also offer a lot of customization options in terms of the domain, theme, logo, etc.

Cons: Much to my surprise, TalentLMS does not have a Google integration. You can upload documentation from Google, but not a direct integration to Drive. I found this surprising with so many G Suite business users out there.

by Epignosis on 15/02/2018

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're really glad that TalentLMS has helped you cover your training needs!

Sounds like a good idea! Why don't add in on our Suggestions page (http://support.talentlms.com/forums/162648-general)? This will allow other users to upvote the idea which in turn helps shape our future roadmap.

Once again, thanks for sharing your experience with TalentLMS :)

• Reviewed on 14/02/2018
Alexandre D.
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2020

"Good product to create a learning platform"

Comments: Easy to use and configure. Easy to create courses and many functionalities.

Pros: The UX and UI are good.
It has groups, branches and categories. I also like that we can set up our domain and our logo etc.
Responsive website.

Cons: Not sure that we can set a course free with a payable certification (I don't need it for now but would in the future).

by Epignosis on 15/12/2020

Thank you for reviewing TalentLMS, Alexandre! Please feel free to reach out to our support team for any information you can't find in the trusty TalentLMS Knowledge Base.

Gerardo L.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/07/2018

"It is the perfect tool that we were looking for, it has many features that save us time and money."

Comments: We decided to move to web-based software to deliver our online classes and TalentLSM gave us all the tools we need

Pros: We researched several LMS systems before deciding on TalentLMS and you guys won the search. It is very easy platform to learn and manage, have included the most useful features in the system, ability to create basic courses easily. It has some impressive features. One of them that we liked is that we have the ability to generate detailed reports of our students. We are satisfied with the choice.

Cons: Limited to customize. We would like to be able to customize pages more deeply now is very limited.

by Epignosis on 25/10/2018

Hello, Gerardo! Thank you for choosing TalentLMS for delivering your online classes. We're happy to hear your positive words, and we promise to make our platform more flexible and easy-to-use with every new release. Please, check out our expert tips below on making the most of the TalentLMS customization features:

Thanks!

• Reviewed on 8/07/2018
Marvin T.
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2020

"Does the jobb and more"

Pros: It is easy to use, deploy and the employees like and find it easy to access and use.

Cons: It has what we need and most people need. I would for example have learning content like hotspots. Also more dynamic tests that you could embed in video, but they are all nice to have compared to the pros of talentlms.

by Epignosis on 2/11/2020

It's great to hear that your learners enjoy using TalentLMS, Marvin!

• Reviewed on 16/10/2020
Jason B.
Manager, Multimedia Services
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2015

"Extremely Simple to Use Compared to Other LMS Systems"

Comments: We researched several LMS systems before subscribing to Talent. In fact, we even used another LMS system for over a year while our course content was being developed. Just before 'going live' with a learning system for our customers, I discovered Talent LMS, and we made the switch. I'm very glad we did. Certain functionality that was important to us either wasn't in other systems or required complicated setup. For example, with Talent, a user can browse the course catalog and see each course's outline (list of training modules) before purchasing. Also, we can easily assign users to courses OR courses to users; we aren't forced to do it one way or the other. It's also very simple to copy a training module from one course to another. Notifications (e-mail alerts), certificates, quizzing, and customizing the interface for branding purposes are all very easy to accomplish without much training or digging through documentation. I like their support site, too. You can make a suggestion for a future enhancement or vote on other users' suggestions. Other LMS systems definitely have more powerful features if you need to create complex reports, branch course content, or comply with complicated certification rules. However, Talent's strength (for us, anyway) is the fact that it makes the common tasks we do over and over again ' adding videos, organizing modules within a course, and assigning users ' extremely simple and fast.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2015
Natalie J.
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2017

"I'll be back!"

Comments: As a learning designer, I have used TalentLMS for 3 clients so far. Every time has been easy and straightforward. Tactic Learning will be using them again for their next client too.

Pros: Cost. Easy. Look.

Cons: The time lag between australia and the US means that I don't get a response to emails straight away - but that's something I can live with.

by Epignosis on 21/03/2017

Hi Natalie, We appreciate you taking the time to review TalentLMS and are so pleased that you are happy with it. Many thanks and we hope you continue to use TalentLMS in the future! In regards to the customer service, we do try to answer all emails as quickly as possible and are constantly improving!

• Reviewed on 18/03/2017