• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5

About Front

Front is the first shared inbox that helps teams collaborate around every email with more transparency, accountability, and efficiency.

Learn more about Front

Arielle B.
Head of Customer Success
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2020

"Love Front- Would Recommend"

Comments: Great experience. Sales Rep was educated, nice, responsive and a pleasure to work with. Then the product was easy to use and solved what we needed.

Pros: It is incredibly easy to use. We transitioned to this from HubSpot support and we were concerned about a learning curve, it is about as basic and intuitive as it comes. We budgeted 2 weeks to implement and it took us less than 2 days to transfer everything over and learn how to use it for its core functions.

Cons: I may be doing this incorrectly- but the Slack integration doesn't always work correctly. I think it would've been helpful in the integrations section to have a troubleshooting guide if it doesn't work. For us we filled out all fields and appropriate slack channels but the messages were not sent there. (Again could be our error)

• Reviewed on 19/08/2020
Justin B.
Sales Engineer
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2020

"Communication Between Departments and Easy Automation"

Comments: Experience with Front App has been great. All the way from Pre-Sales, Implementation, Deployment, and ongoing support.

Pros: The ability to simply @mention someone in an email thread helped smooth out efficiency with our external communications. Before using FrontApp, we would either have to forward email threads or link to email threads in Slack. Now, if our teams need assistance from other departments, they can use an @mention to give immediate context to the helping party. Creating Rules using conditions is a breeze and is powerful using their rules editor.

Cons: Some of the "Comment" features were lacking--rich text formatting needed to be in markdown format, no pinned comments, closing edited comments. That being said, they had a recent update that completely addressed all those issues.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2020
Carlos mario S.
Team Leader For Latin America
Import & Export, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2020

"Switch to Front and you don't have to Cc anymore!"

Comments: Overall, Front is awesome! It has multiple options and features to make your life easier. You can create "tags" to your e-mails and archive them in the same folder. You can also "snooze" an e-mail for a particular day & time so you won't forget about it. There is something I really like and it is the feature "new discussion" in which you can select your teammates, discussion topic, add comments rather than sending a regular e-mail (this will help you to avoid hundreds of e-mail for the same discussion)

Pros: What I like the most about Front is that I don't have to use Cc option on e-mails anymore. Front has a lot of great options and one of them is called "mention" Let's say a customer writes to you and you are not the correct contact person for that e-mail: with our previous electronic mail supplier we had to go over it and write something like "I'm copying Karen here who will help you out with your request" and copy Karen's name on Cc space. But with Front now we just need to "assign" that e-mail to the right coworker and it'll disappear from you inbox. Then it'll go automatically to the right person and he or she will reply from it (without customer seeing too many e-mail redirectioning to the correct party)

Cons: There is something I haven't found on Front and it is the option called "recall message". When you send a message there is a gap of 5 seconds to cancel it but once it has been sent there is no way to recall it

• Reviewed on 10/03/2020
Treavor A.
Sales/Marketing Manager
Furniture, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"1-Year Review"

Comments: Using Front has truly allowed me to take charge of my inbox! It has helped us communicate better between workers, as well as work more efficiently as a team to get the work done. Everything is open and available between each of us, so we can help each other and maximize the talents of one another in responding to the needs of our clients.

Pros: After a full year of using Front, the thing I find the most useful is the ease and efficiency of sorting and prioritizing my daily email. The ability to snooze, assign to another individual, or add quick notes about the email, along with the ability for others to see who is working on a reply, has made our efforts so much more efficient! Everything runs seamlessly and it has become second nature, very quickly.

Cons: There are still a few "glitches" when it comes to opening certain attachments, but I think that is always the issue with any email program. The only other issue is with the mobile app - it takes a few extra steps to modify email recipients, but it isn't that often that this has to happen.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2020
Key Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2019

"Front is the best Shared Inbox for collaborative customer support"

Comments: Front truly is a dynamic tool for teams looking to improve their internal workflows for external-facing communications. There is some fantastic automation that is built into the platform that has helped streamline and build in consistency for external client-facing communication.

Pros: My favorite functionality would be the collaborative chat tools amongst team members for email threads. Its an amazing tool.

Cons: The thing I struggled the most to adapt to was the Tags functionality. It is not something we use daily but had a slight learning curve for me and my team.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2019
Lauren L.
Senior Operations Coordinator
Logistics & Supply Chain, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2020

"A Shared Work Model DREAM!"

Pros: My team uses Front daily for our customer communication, as well as internal communication. The ability to tag an internal user and comment on the threads without having to reply to the email is a game-changer when it comes to problem-solving and communication regarding more complex emails.
We used multiple inboxes, separated into different inbox groups, with different permissions. It was easy to track and manage despite having so many inboxes.
In a shared work model, the ability to assign emails to yourself or other members of the team was extremely useful, to ensure we were not doing double-work or responding to emails at the same time. On top of that, you would be able to see when a teammate was replying or typing under the email, which was a good way to know who was working on what.

Cons: Front tended to have quite a few outages and crashes that impacted our workflow heavily. Fortunately these were able to be resolved quickly and communication was reliable and fast! However, the number of times we experienced an outage was frustrating.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2020
Celeste A.
Experience Specialist
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/05/2020

"Front Is a Team-Saver"

Pros: My team uses Front to save face. We can send and see emails from our team address in one place easily. When one team member is out sick, we can easily find that thread and pick up without missing a beat. I also love that we can share threads without showing the recipient all of our personal email addresses by using the chat function and the tagging function. This helps us keep all the incoming emails going into the preferred email channel since we don't have to share our personal address to prospects or clients.

Cons: I do not have a con that I can think of.

• Reviewed on 6/05/2020
Ollie F.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2020

"Vital Software"

Comments: No more missed messages, lots of time saved by not having to jump into different channels. It was very simple to set up too (also tried Zendesk which was too complicated by comparison)

Pros: How it brings all the channels in to one place. No more jumping between Gmail tabs, Whatsapp Web tabs, SMS on a phone (!), Facebook messenger tab. It all comes into one place. Being able to link to conversations is very useful too, as is the option to share and comment on emails - no more CCing between team members.

Cons: Nothing I don't like, but more integrations (in particular monday.com) would be great.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2020
Bryant W.
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/06/2020

"Great email platform for team collaboration"

Comments: Our team can provide support to our clients around the clock and share drafts with each other, ensuring that all clients receive the attention needed while providing our team with opportunities to collaborate on responses and communication strategies.

Pros: The shared inbox is a great feature for our client service team. We provide 24 hour support, and being able to assign open emails to available team members ensures that our clients can receive acknowledgement and support when needed. I also enjoy the various integrations with other systems that are available (contacts, calendars, proprietary workflow management systems, etc.). The Front support team is also accessible and responsive to issues and requests.

Cons: The notification settings seem spotty - I either receive none or a notification for everything, whether or not the email is assigned to me. Additionally, there are quite a few service delays or interruptions. Occasionally the inbox counts can be off from the actual numbers of emails therein.

• Reviewed on 3/06/2020
Stefanos S.
Business Operations Assistant
  • Reviewed on 6/09/2017

"Excellent tool for a team that has a number of email accounts!"

Comments: Centralized mail management was the main reason for choosing Front. It is a great tool indeed.

Pros: Front if used correctly can be a powerful service. We use it for our company. Everyone has access to Front with their personal account (after they get invited) and they can manage themselves which inboxes to receive emails from. The main features that I see are the following: - User friendly interface
- Customization
- Excellent support
All in all I would recommend it for anyone searching for such a service. We are very pleased so far.

Cons: Front hasn't got many things going the wrong way. If I should say something that would be that at first glance it might be a bit too much and intimidating to have all those inboxes and emails coming in but after you find your way around Front you realize that it was just wedding jitters! Everything turns out fine in the end :)

• Reviewed on 6/09/2017
Hillary F.
Enterprise Customer Success Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2020

"Big Fan of Front"

Comments: My overall experience with Front has always been positive, and I never want to switch to another email platform!

Pros: Front has really cool features that drastically help my work flow. With the snooze feature, I can keep my inbox clean while never missing a follow up with a customer. The comment feature allows me to chat with a teammate about a customer email that affects us both, and shared drafts are perfect for collaborating on responses. I can also create meetings links for customers to schedule a meeting with me right there in Front!

Cons: Sometimes I do miss dragging an email into a folder and having it pop back into my inbox when the customer responds. Front has tagging, but I have found that I still miss using folders.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2020
Madelin W.
Recruiting Manager
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2017

"Front helps my company keep up with our work easily and efficiently."

Pros: My company is a call center, and we use Front to help organize and track our leads. Often our customer service department will take web chats, which are then viewed by sales through front. We really enjoy the ability to sort multiple inboxes, add tags as well as comments. We also have many users, so each representative can track the leads they have submitted, tagged or commented on.

Cons: We came to a point where our growth was too large for Front alone. We designed our own web application to work in tandem with front, because the reporting was not the easiest to use.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2017
Christian S.
Customer Success Manager
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2020

"I do not know any program which helps like Front to manage the mass of emails"

Comments: I felt in Love with Front after start using it. It sounds weird but the software is great. There is still a lot to improve but day by day I love to work with.
We are using Front even as our Customer Support Ticket System. With the rules, tags and integrations we could improve our time to answer and the collaboration between the teams.
Recommended!

Pros: Manage the mass of emails
Rules
Canned Responses
Automation
Responsibilities
Tagging

Cons: Workflow Management System
Analytics
Better Contact List - to work with Organizations and not only persons

• Reviewed on 28/09/2020
Timothy H.
Account Manager
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2020

"In a world dominated by that "ABCs company," this new product rushes to the Front of the Pack."

Pros: The collaborative nature of sharing emails amongst a team without having to forward back and forth constantly is amazing. In my role, there can be many tasks involved with understanding the inquiry, performing the necessary research, performing the task necessary, and responding in a timely manner. With the features built into Front, we can manage resources effectively, be more efficient with time, and get more work done.

Cons: Being an early-stage company, stability can always be improved. But I will say that anytime there is "downtime" -- the notice is clear. I would want a bit more customization in the views, but that is merely aesthetic.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2020
Client Services Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"The absolute worst customer support I have ever experienced"

Comments: The only reason we haven't left already is that we've invested too much time building a system in Front.

Pros: Pretty accessible to learn up front, but they are not communicative at all about the updates they release.

Cons: Front pays very little attention to user experience, as evidenced by the fact that they did not give users the option to opt of their Front 2.0 release. Our company's workflow was based heavily on the layout of Front's original version, and they gave zero warning about the enormous changes that were coming with 2.0. Additionally, their customer support team is an absolute joke. They consistently refuse to look into reported issues with even minor effort, and will often straight up tell members of my team that they are wrong about reported bugs rather than offer assistance. When one of my team members gave a front representative a poor review with detailed feedback in response to how he handled a bug report, the front rep actually gave my colleague a 1 star review in reply. Not a great way to run a company at all, especially considering that we are paying customers.

by Front on 31/01/2019

Hi there, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, and we're really sorry to hear you are having a poor experience with Front. That is absolutely not what we strive for. If you would like to send your thoughts to [email protected], we'll be more than happy to take a look again and hopefully resolve your issues. Thanks for your patience!

Lexy A.
Head of Customer Experience
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2020

"Great tool for teams"

Comments: It really solved our cross-team communication problems.

Pros: Managing multiple inboxes is SO easy with this and making sure the right person has the right email is a breeze thanks to Front. Our team receives new customer submissions via email so it's really helpful to be able to work together commenting on the submission in Front instead of things getting lost in an email thread.

Cons: I really wish there was a notes or tasks feature like you have in Gmail so that I could keep everything in this one interface! The calendar also could use some improvement.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2020
Amanda U.
Employee Experience Manager
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2019

"Now that I use Front, I don't think I could live without it"

Pros: It does almost all of the things I want an email platform to do. Let's you share inboxes, tag, snooze emails, smart threading, and chat without forwarding. All great functionalities that make emailing less of a drag.

Cons: The search function is terrible. I swear it misses emails and isn't very intuitive.

by Front on 3/04/2019

Thank you for the kind words Amanda! We will pass your search feedback along to our product team.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2019
Kim C.
Consumer Financing Specialist
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"Email with built-in task management"

Comments: I use front to manage my own work email and to manage and respond to a few group email lists. (Email addresses managed by multiple people). I can see what emails have been responded to and by whom, note who is owning what messages, and add tags related to subject / timelines.
Using front helps me keep our customer-service facing email accounts organized!

Pros: I love that Front feels like a traditional email software, but it has built in features that make my job so much easier- I can add multiple tags to emails, add notes to colleagues, and can keep emails organized by teams.

Cons: There is not an easy way to set up out-of-office messages for teams. There are some work-arounds in the settings but if my whole team is out for a holiday, I wish there was an easier way to create a quick setting.

by Front on 31/01/2019

Hi Kim, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We are so pleased to hear how we've made your job easier. And thank you for the constructive feedback on out of office responses. We'll pass this along to our product development team.

Turka A.
Customer Experience Specialist
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2020

"Very user-friendly!"

Comments: Email tracking! The tags an ability to see the data for the emails we're sending is great.

Pros: I like the simplicity and intuitiveness of Front. One of my favorite little features is how you can create a new pre-written response directly from an email you're drafting up. It's a great tool for our team.

Cons: I wish that it showed each customer's history all in one place so that when you're looking at a current email conversation with a customer, you could also easily see their previous comms.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2020
Engineer in Training
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 9/03/2018

"Increased productivity, great for efficiency"

Pros: Front has been great to have better interactions with customers and not waste time in unnecessary administration. This has greatly improved the response times from our team to clients

Cons: Pricey and a nice-to-have in some cases. If this is not something your organization struggles with, you might not want to spend the money

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 9/03/2018
Are B.
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/11/2018

"KEEP AWAY!"

Comments: Worst customer experience I have ever seen! They promised one price, but after about a year they suddenly doubled the price without even telling us. Suddenly 15 000 USD was withdrawn from our account. Borderline steeling if you ask me.

Pros: The way they priced the product before doubling the price.

Cons: Doubling the price without telling us. Stole 15 000 USD from our account and cannot explain how they calculated that amount.

by Front on 1/03/2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Trust and integrity are critical to how we run our business and so we take these accusations incredibly seriously. However, we must correct the record. Our team spent considerable time explaining your invoices to you, tried for three months to give you a price similar to the discounted one you originally had, and extended the timeline of a commercial offer. We regret that you were still not satisfied with the offer and would be happy to start the conversation again if you wish to do so.

• Reviewed on 3/11/2018
Hector O.
Support associate
  • Reviewed on 8/06/2018

"Frontera Is justo amazing! It males us as a support team get a really clear view of the user's issue"

Pros: I like front's UI and how we can change themes. Also, the private and team tags is basic for our wupport team to have an easier way to track specific tickets.

Cons: I would love to have more fonts added, the ability to add larger files to our emails and more characters for the FB inbox.

• Reviewed on 8/06/2018
David D.
Loan Consultant Associate
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2020

"Powerful, Straightforward Communication"

Comments: I am able to keep tabs on customers/communication between other members of my team, and know how to stay engaged and precise with future correspondence. Front also massively increases efficiency with the availability of customizable canned responses.

Pros: The ability to view text and email messaging in one platform, along with the ability to tag other team members in a comment/thread to keep a continuous mode of communication is excellent. In addition, the native ability to undo a sent message for a few seconds after sending prevents accidental typos or mistakes.

Cons: Sounds kind of silly, but the current inability to reduce the screen size beyond a certain level in the desktop app is kind of annoying. In addition, it does have trouble loading every once in a while, and requires a hard reset.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2020
Mike S.
Founder / SEO Specialist
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2018

"Best email app out there"

Comments: Really, really good!

Pros: Easy set-up, great usability and finally a good way to work on emails together.

Cons: Nothing about the Front email software. The Front chat software could use some optimization I guess. For example: I don't think the messages in the Front app are clear wether it's an email or chat. While chat is more urgent than responding to an email, it would be better if these two are more separated from each other.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2018
Emma R.
Marketing Director
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2018

"Customer support has never been better"

Pros: It's easy to use, you can integrate various email addresses into one main account. You can assign emails to team members and converse with team members in the same interface as the customer email. It's very easy to manage. Our customer support is very fast and effective because of this!

Cons: At first it took getting used to. There could be a better how-to guide!

• Reviewed on 16/08/2018