• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5

About Thinkific

Thinkific is an all-in-one platform that empowers experts & teachers to quickly create and deliver stunning courses on their own sites.

Learn more about Thinkific

Karen C.
Program Coordinator
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2021

"Thinkific Learning Management System"

Comments: Amazing! I highly recommend the software and the team. For the money, you cannot do any better!

Pros: I love the customer support and training. I was able to launch my program in two hours with no assistance. The Quick Start program is an amazing example of what we should all aspire to in our online training videos. The software is easy to navigate and has some beautiful templates to help jumpstart user progress.

Cons: I was a little limited with the amount and layout of content on the course sales pages. Wish options here were more flexible. Also, the reporting at my subscription level is a little time-consuming requiring exports to Excel to confirm actual totals each time. It's easy enough to work around, however, and I have found customer support to be exceptional at helping me with some of my more creative workarounds.

Ana M.
Coach and Creative Strategist
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2021

"Empowering me to impact more entrepreneurs!"

Pros: Building the sales page was ridiculously simple. The templates kept the process streamlined and allowed for simple edits as needed. Love the opportunity to build my course with so many options for various types of learners and delivering content in different ways to keep students engaged.

Cons: In the course management page, I would love the ability to map out the various elements within each section, even if I don’t have the content ready to upload yet (ie, I want a video to go here and a worksheet to go there, but they aren’t complete yet)

Cheryl M.
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2019

"Great Option"

Comments: I enjoyed Thinkific and may yet return to it when my current contract is up with the LMS I moved to earlier this year. It's certainly as easy to use, and the sales page option is better designed. Everything else is about the same, but Thinkific is slightly more expensive and the pricing model is confusing.

Pros: I liked most that there was a free option to get started and that there is a front end option that shows all courses owned by an account native to the program. Thinkific is easy to use and now that it has added a community feature it's almost perfect.

Cons: At the time I switched from Thinkific, I did so to get a native community feature so my students wouldn't have to go to Facebook for community. Now that Thinkific has added it, there's only one complaint I have, and that is that I need another layer of complexity for my courses. Unfortunately, I haven't found an LMS that has that, so Thinkific is no worse in that regard than any other LMS I've explored. I do have an issue with the pricing model, which is too complex and confusing. That makes it hard to compare with other options.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2019
Linda H.
Diversity Educator
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Thinkific is a fantastic online learning platform"

Comments: We are growing into an international learning community with the help of Thinkific.

Pros: Versatile, well organized, easy to learn.
Free until you get going.

Cons: - Terrible discussion forum (we wish they would link up with website tool box).
- Their pricing plans have changed in ways that don't work well for us and they have not been responsive to our feedback.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Sunraj A.
Director - Operations
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2021

"An all round course conducting platform"

Comments: My experience has been fantastic to be honest and I intend to continue using it further.

Pros: It negates the need to spends thousands of dollars for a LMS website. You really don't need to be a software literate to build this and start using it on the go.

Cons: The users should be trained on how they can land their websites on Search Engines. Even a small fee will be justified, but training will help take this further. Also, more Payment Gateway options should be made available directly and not through Zapier.

Brian møller J.
CEO & Mind trainer
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/04/2019

"Any school or academy will fit right into Thinkific"

Comments: I love the team behind thinkific as well, the weekly information to use the software, to hint out what is working at the time. Designs tutorials on any of the tasks needed to launch a successful online course.

Pros: I love the drag and drop options. The ease of use and bulk importers. I have such a great contact to my students and abundant options to get my teachings across. The editors are functional and best of all: The designs are professional and looks like a Tesla ;) I have room for up to 2gb videos! That is hosting and being serious to support online education. Did I mention it is Per Video!!

Cons: There is one thing I'd like to see different on Thinkific. My ability to have more sub-modules in each Chapter of my courses. That's it. Otherwise, I have nothing to say.

• Reviewed on 7/04/2019
Linda H.
CEO and Coach
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2020

"Best money for value for startups"

Comments: Easy to use and set up. I am not a tech person and I set up a whole online course in 3 days so pretty cool.

Pros: There is a free function you can actually set up a whole program completely for free and they only charge a % of the sale. It’s perfect for start ups.

Cons: I found anything I don’t like so far. I am really happy with it.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2020
Kate M.
Owner/Founder
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2019

"Deliver Your Online Course or Digital Product With Ease"

Comments: I think this is an ideal solution for someone just getting started with an online business.

Pros: I think Thinkific is super intuitive to use and offers regular, non-techy people the ability to deliver their digital products with ease.

Cons: I would like to see an integration that allows for making the internal dashboard as well as creating landing pages more customizable.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Greg D.
Coach
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2017

"Blown Away!"

Comments: The reason being is that the ease of use and sheer user friendly platform is a delight to work with. Being not the techy I am usually annoyed after about 10 minutes if any system but this is not only simple to operate and use but I created a course in just over a week. I am still in shock as to how I managed to do so much so easily and feel lucky to have found Thinkific. Thanks guys for thinking of us!

Pros: Ease of use, attractive platform, modern and slick.

Cons: None I can think of yet!

by Thinkific on 16/02/2017

Thanks for the great review Greg! We really appreciate that you took the time to leave us one and we're excited that you're finding using our platform a great experience.

"...if you are thinking of Thinkific think no longer and get it," should be our new motto!

Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 16/02/2017
Kingsley W.
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2021

"Great service"

Comments: My overall experience with Thinkific has been fantastic and it is currently the cornerstone of our e-learning delivery.

Pros: Thinkific is so easy to set-up and has a wealth of customisation options. I like being able to rely on the platform to provide a good experience for users, even at scale.

Cons: It is sometimes incompatible for users of older browsers.

• Reviewed on 24/03/2021
Natalie B.
Owner CEO
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"The perfect platform"

Comments: Super easy to use. User interface is simple so even people who are new to creating an online program will feel super smart and like they have the best tool.

Pros: I love the simplicity and ease of setting things up in Thinkific. You can have multiple courses in the platform, making it easy for your clients and students to keep their learning in one place.

Cons: There isn't anything I didn't like about Thinkific.

• Reviewed on 25/04/2019
Maria G.
Admin

"Amazing Course Platform."

Pros: In the free trial, you have a bunch of options, and you can create a perfectly working course even for free.

Cons: It was hard for the first time to personalize colours, it would have been easier to allow it to do on product page also, not only from dashboard.

Lisa L.
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2019

"I haven't found a perfect elearning platform, but Thinkific is pretty close!"

Comments: I haven't sold any classes yet, but that's due to a lack of marketing on my part. Thinkific has been great. The company made it easy for me to understand how to create a course and made itself very available to me whenever I needed help.

Pros: I think Thinkific is user friendly. I didn't have a problem setting my class up and understanding how the site works.

Cons: I wish I did Thinkific did some of the marketing for me. But, to be honest, sites that do that take a much bigger chunk of profits, so it's fair.

• Reviewed on 27/05/2019
Jessica A.
Writer
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2019

"Not the best layout for the user"

Comments: I think it is a good platform. I am in the process of building my own course and thinking of using Thinkific because of their overall design customization.

Pros: I am taking a course through the Thinkific platform. The layout of the course was easy enough to follow. I appreciate that I am able see my percentage of progress through the course.

Cons: I don't like that it doesn't have an easy-to-use built-in discussion area. We have to create another login with Disqus to leave comments or open a discussion. Instead of staying within the platform, this drives most of the discussions to the Facebook group instead.

• Reviewed on 5/12/2019
Sylvester D.
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2018

"Perfect for students"

Comments: My knowledge is getting better and better with unimaginable speed

Pros: The pricing technology they used to determine my location and price accordingly. This did not affect any resource availability and provided with the best knowledge

Cons: There is no cons as such. I love the website and its user friendliness. SEO needs to be done better on the site to get more users for this.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2018
Creative
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2021

"Think no more! Great course platform!"

Pros: I love the ease of use and the versatility of​ multi-media courses.

Cons: I got a little confused with certain branding things but they give great help.

Pavel A.
Product Designer
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2020

"Easy to use, even by non-technicals !"

Pros: I have several courses in Thinkific and Also I'm teaching my audience how to make their own Thinkific Courses! Works Great so far, for me and for them. It does have everything that you need - Making your Course Paid, Free, Unlocking just some of the lessons, or even just make different types of lessons.

Cons: You are not able to translate every part of the course/website, however, is not that big deal.

• Reviewed on 11/02/2020
Shannon C.
Virtual Support Specialist / Owner
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2018

"Quality course building software"

Comments: Setting up a course and getting started quickly is a plus with Thinkific.

Pros: The dashboard is easy to use. Setting up a course is straightforward and there are plenty of tutorials if you get stuck.

Cons: I had a tough time with the site builder. I found it cumbersome and limiting compared to other builders with few customizations. The site themes are nice but limited as well.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2018
Constance T.
Broker & Instructor
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2020

"Wow customer service"

Comments: The product did not work for my needs, after I had already purchased it. I discontinued my subscription in less than 24 hours. Most companies would not refund the payment as it was my fault, however these guys did immediately upon request. I as beyond impressed. Thank you.

Pros: customer service was outstanding and helpful

Cons: the tutorial videos don't match up to the current website

• Reviewed on 20/03/2020
Brady P.
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2018

"Simply spend your money here when it comes to a course platform"

Pros: - built in marketing capability
- dead simple to use course templates
- epic customer service
- affiliate tracking

Cons: The marketing platform can be a bit more robust but they are constantly improving the platform and so I know that it will continue to improve.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2018
Gordon F.
Honcho
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2017

"Great for entry - level course creation. Simple, easy, well-supported tool"

Comments: It works, gets the job done, and you're up and running quickly.

Pros: Easy to use, flexible, and it's a hosted solution, so you're not managing your web server, CMS, LMS, etc., Leaves you time and energy to focus on course content

Cons: Simple, and limited to a few themes for look-and-feel. Payment processing charges are barely competitive.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2017
Client Services Director
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"Fills a gap in this space with enthusiasm!"

Comments: Blackboard Course sites, Moodle, and Instructure Canvas are great products, but you have to invest in additional solutions to collect payments, etc. for selling the online courses. Thinkific does all this in 1 system with more options for site design than the big education players do. Some of the features could be more well-thought-out, but for a non-LMS company, it is incredibly easy to set up and allows you to design instructional sound materials.

Pros: I liked that you could design the access portal, the courses, and the payment methods all in 1 interface without any needs for additional products. I particularly enjoy how easy it is to set the courses up if you have your curriculum designed.

Cons: I wish there was an option to be able to have access to all the course features without fees. We are a startup and just are not in a position to charge for courses yet, meaning this would be a huge investment for us that we are not willing to make. It would be great if you could get a 6month burn-in period to test and market before going live.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Joe G.
VP of Marketing & International Business Development
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/09/2019

"The Best Online Course Creator"

Comments: We started with an idea to help colleagues and turned it into a course. Thinkific allowed us to get our idea out of our heads and into reality, and a usable product people could buy & use.

Pros: Thinkific made it easy to create & host our digital course for financial advisors. With any platform there is a learning curve at the beginning. Thinkific's support team was always quick to reply and help us learn the ropes.

Cons: I don't really have any complaints. It would be nice if the WYSIWYG editor were as good as Apple Pages, and turned out prettier text layouts in the templates. But, it's good enough.

• Reviewed on 7/09/2019
Anne Z.
Online Seller - Moving Stuff Around the Universe
  • Reviewed on 9/11/2017

"Thinkific is everything you need to publish online courses. There are different levels , even FREE!"

Comments: It allows a person to publish an online course and customize everything, including the price you sell it for. Thinkific has everything you need to be successful. AND they offer lots of webinars and training as you need! I look forward to using it more as I grow my online publishing business!

Pros: I like that it is customizable. I like that Thinkific offers lots of webinars and help with all aspects of publishing online courses. It allows a couple ways to collect money for your courses. They spell out exactly what to do! For a newbie like me, I began setting things up months ago while I was working on my course. As I completed it, I began uploading the lectures and made some changes to my text and landing page and other info. Easy to make it your own. I am happy with how professional it all looks. Now I will get busy with the marketing end and Thinkific can help with info about that too! Customer service is awesome and they reach out frequently to see what they can do to guide you! I highly recommend this solution for getting an online course published. I am at the entry level, but am testing the waters until I need to go further and unlock more features.

Cons: As expected the free version is basic, so in order to get to some of the good stuff, you have to upgrade. Not a big deal really, since I am producing my first course and need to go slowly.

• Reviewed on 9/11/2017
Korinne L.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Customer Service Very Disappointing"

Comments: Very frustrating! Not a customer-friendly service. While they are friendly and say they hope you are having a nice day, they do not answer questions (or apparently read email chains). There is no support for European customers I fed this back to them when I first signed up around 2 years ago and nothing has changed. I have given them all of the feed back given here but they do not take any action. Waiting at least a day for an answer is totally unacceptable. What makes it even more frustrating is that, after waiting for a reply, they ask for information that was already included in your original email (and then you have to wait another day for a response). It just seems as though they work at their convenience, not the customer's. And yet they are happy to take the subscriptions when they are not providing an adequate service.

Pros: I was so excited to find this product and thought it would be ideal for my needs

Cons: The software is not user-friendly. I was hoping that it would be more straightforward and my staff have also commented that is it not user-friendly. There is nobody to call when you have a query and can only email. It takes them a day to get back to you. And we are based in the UK and with the time difference, we have to wait at least a day for an answer. What makes it even more frustrating is that, after waiting for a reply, they ask for information that was already included in your original email (and then you have to wait another day for a response). I sent a query on Monday asking how to do something and the reply said 'see instructions below' and there were no instructions there. In the same email, they asked me to confirm the email address (which I had emailed them on and they had clearly not tried this). I responded right away and just got an email asking how they could help me! (They clearly had not read the email chain). It is now 9pm at night on Tuesday and will be at least Wednesday afternoon with the time difference until I may get a reply and actually proceed.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019