The Best

Reviewed on 5/10/2019
Anne N.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Everything has been great from the comprehensive on boarding to the ongoing support. I’m not a computer person, and this has been easy to learn. This soft ware has enabled me to be more efficient, and spend more time with my clients. I get paid quickly and don’t have to hassle with claims issues.

Pros: I love this software because it helps me be organized, stay in top of my work load, and write much better notes and evaluations.

Cons: I haven’t found anything yet. If I do run into a problem that their Help menu doesn’t address, they respond to me quickly! They have real people giving real responses.

Anne,

We're excited to hear you love using KASA! We're always looking to add more ways to provide support and work hard to ensure we always respond quickly, professionally, and with the right information!

Thank you for trusting KASA to partner with your practice!

The KASA Team

Kasa for a beginning practice

Reviewed on 21/05/2019
Monique M.
Owner/Therapist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Problems: stated above. Also, while I appreciate online functionality even with communicating, I felt like there was a lot of information I didn't know, for instance, with the choice to pay for insurance verifications, I didn't realize that Kasa calls a third party to verify benefits. I probably could have gotten more up to date, real time information by calling the insurance panels myself directly.
features I like: ability to move between schedule, notes, billing, etc;

Pros: the use of ease of kasa is rated 4/5 because it is pretty easy to learn and get used to.

Cons: The diagnostic template is a little outdated; I was trained in the DSM-5 and while the user can type in a code from the DSM-5, it would be much easier to update the diagnostic features. For example, instead of Persistent Depressive Disorder, the template gives the old diagnostic label of Dysthymia. Also, as a substance abuse counselor, I would like the diagnostic features to state what the DSM-5 says, not the DSM-4. Just would make it easier to type in the beginning name and have it pop up.
Additionally, the treatment plan template could use some updating. The pre-established goals are not measurable. I find myself writing in my own goals and such. I'm only mentioning this because as users we are paying for templates that are not quite up to code. I can create my own, it would just be nice to have them pop up for me.

by KASA Practice Solutions on 22/05/2019

Hi Monique,

We're glad to see you enjoy using our services -- we're excited to be partnered with you!

Your feedback is helpful! We are working on some updates to the diagnostic sections, but I do want to clarify that the diagnostic codes you are seeing are not DSM-4 codes, but rather ICD-10 codes required by the federal government for billing, which can differ at times from the DSM-5 codes you're accustomed to as a clinician.

As it relates to our benefit verifications, we start the verification process by checking the payer's web portal and/or a national clearinghouse to verify eligibility, but when we call to verify, we are always calling the insurance company directly.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to your account manager or our customer support team. Thank you for your partnership with KASA!

KASA Solutions

System Down for 24 hours at last count - no idea of when it will be up and running!!!

Reviewed on 5/09/2018
Denise F.
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, my experience with KASA has been good but not being able to access the system for the last 24 hours has been very unsatisfactory and taints a lot of the very good things that I could have said prior.
This is such an inconvenience that I am looking for some financial retribution to make me whole.

Pros: The system is one of the easiest that I have encountered once you get the knack. The learning curve is several trainings, as well as, my using the system over many days and hours.

Cons: There are is one major issue and another one that I recently encountered. The first is being able to write a note and then send to bill but getting a notice that "provider has another record". Once I see that I try to eliminate one of the records and am unable to. I finally abort the notes and then use a 2nd billing system to bill for those clients. My staff has had the same problems with this flow of how to the final step of billing. One big problem happened today where the system was not on line for 24hours and at last check - there is not sign that of when it will be up and running. No patient calendar, not ability to book appts., no ability to take credit card payments and no ability to write notes. I realize that things happen but I have not been with this system for more than a few months and being unable to access the system is not satisfactory. They need to find a back-up system or some other way to access the system as it is all that I have!!!!

by KASA Practice Solutions on 5/09/2018

Denise,

Thank you for your review.

Generally you would encounter the error you're noting due to a note that overlaps with another note, which is a protection put in place to avoid audit issues if you accidentally bill two notes at the same time. If you continue to see this error and you believe it is incorrect, our support team would be happy to look into it for you.

The outage yesterday was inconvenient and certainly frustrating. Due to a lightning strike at the data center we utilize hosted by Microsoft Azure, hundreds of thousands of users across the country lost access to software applications from thousands of businesses, including Microsoft's own Office 365 software and KASA's application.

We published regular updates on our website and social media yesterday, and I encourage you to check kasa-solutions.com/status for updates if you ever experience system issues.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any additional questions; we value our partnership with you.

They simplify the business of being in practice.

Patricia G.
Executive Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: On-line access and synching ability to our internal systems. We love having everything in one place: Scheduling, charting, and billing are so efficient. KASA is helping us go paperless. Because of this system, we can efficiently run multiple offices. We are still learning all the features it has. Although we are fully functioning with KASA, it offers so much we are certain to become even more efficient. The reduction in staff time and printing costs alone pay for the cost of having KASA.

Cons: There are a few limits on the features, such as customizing our templates. Training is easy, but takes quite a bit of time and is an investment cost to use the system. Although it is an intuitive system, there are a lot of intricacies to learn about in order to use it efficiently.

Patti,

Thank you for your candid review of our system. We take this feedback and incorporate this into new updates.

We are working right now on some updates that will allow additional customization on your clinical documentation templates!

KASA Solutions

Kasa has helped our agency improve exponentially. The staff is so kind and a joy to work with.

Reviewed on 25/06/2018
Sarah B.
Director of Operations
Hospital & Health Care, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This software keeps our agency 100% more organized and efficient when it comes to documentation, scheduling, and record-keeping. We greatly appreciate the appointment reminder fuctions as well as its accessibility.

Pros: I most like how the calendar and note documentation are connected, meaning that a scheduled appointment automatically creates a session note. I also like how responsive, kind, and easy-to-work-with the staff at Kasa are, across all departments.

Cons: I least like the treatment plan fuction in Kasa. It does not fully line up with requirements from payors. I do wish Kasa had more functions regrading payroll options. Printing reports in Kasa do not include titles or headings, which can be difficult when these reports need to be sent outside the agency. It also does not allow you to add your own logo to your documentation or reports.

Sarah,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We're glad to hear you are generally enjoying using KASA. We are working currently to update our treatment plans and better printing options for documentation.

Thanks,

Excellent new mental health practice software

Reviewed on 3/10/2019
Carilyn E.
Psychologist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Probably the best and most responsive customer service I have ever had. Our reps responded consistently in less than 24 hours and explained everything for me in understandable terms. The customer service alone is worth the product! And transitions between teams is seamless (onboarding to cause managers). It’s so easy to schedule, note, bill and get paid 😊

Pros: Nice aesthetic, easy to use, easy to view and navigate. Ability to scan, upload documents and add notes. Customizable (to an extent).

Cons: Little bugs here and there. I can’t have more than one goal per note. Limits to the ability to customize boxes and selections. Goals that are too long can’t be printed with the note (they literally write off the page), some changes in formatting between functions and silly requirements like selecting a goal is “therapy” and then having to additional drag a little box that says “therapy” from left to right.

Carilyn,

Thank you so much for your review! We passed along your kind words to your account management team and it made their day! We love hearing from our users and are proud to partner with you and your practice!

The KASA Team

Generally my experiences have been good.

Reviewed on 19/06/2018
Mark D.
CEO/owner/Lead counselor
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Its ease and convenience of use. Like that provides easy access to patient information with just one or two clicks. Scheduling is simple and straightforward.

Cons: Inability to remove some things on own; for example, a wrong insurance entry. Otherwise I have no real issues.

Mark,

Thanks for your review!

We definitely understand that not removing an insurance policy can be a hindrance. The reason you're currently limited from being able to do so is because we manage your billing and need to have access to historical billing methods, even if they are no longer valid, so we limit your ability to remove these.

Please let us know if you have any other feedback, and we look forward to continuing to help your practice grow and thrive!

A life saver!!!

Reviewed on 23/05/2018
Tina D.
Owner/Psychotherapist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Ease of notes, great receptionist team, saves me time, and easy to use!

Pros: I LOVE KASA and have been using them for 3 years. They save me time and money with their program and their assistance with my private practice.

Cons: I wish there was a mobile website so that I could access appts. and notes on the go. I also wish there was a better way to streamline communication with all receptionists at times though they do a pretty good job of communicating with one another.

Tina,

Thank you, as always, for your kind words and positive review! We're so fortunate to partner with therapists like yourself!

We are working on an update that will provide a better mobile experience -- thank you for your feedback!

KASA Solutions

Do not use this as your billing service

Reviewed on 29/09/2019
Melissa F.
Clinic Director /Owner
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As stated, I am paying for a billing service to "do the billing work"...I do not want another full time job and that is what this service feels like. The sales person misrepresents the company. You do all of the work and then pay a big fee for???

Pros: The Sales person misrepresented the billing company. My former company ended and I had to find a new company fast. I did research and thought this was a good fit. If you are brand new to the industry you may keep their service, as you do not know anything better. However, If you are a seasoned practitioner who has had a billing service...this is not the product for you. We already have long hours doing treatment during the week, if you sign on you will now spend your entire weekend doing data entry. The man who created this company did not have the practitioner in mind, but rather how he could make the most money with the least amount of effort. Billing companies usually enter the data...now you will do all of this as well as many other tasks that are usually done by your billing service . They tell you that there is no sign up fee but in reality ...you will need to pay their staff a high hourly rate to set up your accounts. You will also be responsible for calling all of the insurance companies, setting up/changing all of your portals and anything else that comes up. Every company I have ever had did this when they set you up. You will also have to enter all of your client data which is also usually done by the billing company. They have additional hidden fees. I specifically asked before I signed on and they stated that there were none. Then after I signed on, I was told I needed to pay another department to "fix" anything that is not set up correctly.

Cons: Whoever created this system, has not worked as a therapist. There are too many screens to fill out just to make one simple thing happen. We work long hours and they last thing we want to do is spend our entire weekend doing data entry. Yes you may have nice reports but who cares when you have no free time to do anything else. I did not get to do one thing this summer, as all of my time went into learning the system and wasting so much time with entering data. It should be kept simple and the billing company should do the work. I hired a company to do billing not for me to take on another full time job.

Melissa,

I am sorry to hear about this! In reviewing your account it appears the fees you are referring to are for contracting requests, such as EFT enrollments or contract updates. We offer those services at an additional fee, but these are never required.

Included with our services is the EHR software, unlimited training, full-service claims processing, and we handle all payer ERA/EDI enrollments, all at no additional fee. Some payers do require the actual healthcare provider to set up the portal and designate a third party biller to have access; otherwise we assist in setting up your portal access also.

Most users find that our quick workflow and billing services drastically reduces administrative burden and time-consuming data entry, and your team would not ask you to call a payer for claims follow up.

Our support team has reached out to you for more details and to offer additional training. We are proud to partner with your practice!

Very happy customer

Reviewed on 10/09/2019
Darlene M.
Child and Adolescent Counselor
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Before hiring KASA I was doing all of my billing myself. I would rather spend my time seeing clients than trying to figure out how to get paid for my services. KASA has saved me about 15 hours of work a week, and is making sure I get paid for my services. I am so happy with their professionalism and knowledge.

Pros: The software is easy to use and the billing team is amazing. The lady I work with always answers my questions promptly and has done a fabulous job with getting all of my claims sent in at the end of each day. Deciding to hire KASA was the best business decision I could have made.

Cons: I don’t have any complaints about the software. It is user friendly. I wish I had more free time to review all of the reports on a regular basis as they are very informative and accurate.

by KASA Practice Solutions on 11/09/2019

Darlene,

Our goal is to simplify the administration of your practice, and your review indicates that is what we have been able to accomplish for you -- and that absolutely makes our day! Our team works hard on your behalf, because they want to make a difference in the world through their support of therapists and counselors!

We are excited to partner with Oak Tree and we appreciate the trust you place in KASA as we help manage your practice.

KASA Team

KASA helped me save my practice when Medicaid had a very difficult transition.

Reviewed on 1/06/2018
Kevin W.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It makes doing my job more simple.

Pros: It is easy to use and it helps me stay on top of my case notes. It is efficient.. once I submit a note, it usually gets paid within 2 weeks. I also like the support provided. If I email a question it is usually answered within a day or on the same day.

Cons: The internal email function needs an attachment feature. That way I could send attachments and be assured that they are secure.

Kevin,

Thank you for your review. We are proud to partner with you and are glad to be able to help you.

We are in the process of developing an upgrade to our Message Center to allow for more functionality, including adding attachments. In the meantime, one way you can still transmit documents securely through KASA is to upload attachments to your Documents tab for our staff to reference.

Thank you for your partnership with KASA,

Thanks.
KASA Solutions

KASA isn't worth the hype

Reviewed on 9/08/2018
Owner / President
Mental Health Care, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The note section is NOT customized. It is rudimentary at best. At worst--- if you get audited you will fail for sure. You have to type everything. Unsure how they are still in business.

Pros: The schedulers are good but there are TONS of turn over and many mistakes. Things are scheduled on the wrong day. People quit and no one tells you. Currently there's not even a manager for my account. Rep in sales is never there. No one can assist you if there's problems. While they say they "take care of everything" they dont

Cons: Billing is a nightmare. I'm not the only person who thinks that- it legit is terrible. Billing people are incompetent. Claims are always denied. and it's a percentage based of income--- overall I would never recommend it to anyone ever.

by KASA Practice Solutions on 10/08/2018

Hello,

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience with our team and services. While you may have changes on your scheduling team, we actually have a relatively low turnover rate as a company compared to most in the industry, and I can say with 100% certainty that your account has account managers assigned.

We charge a percentage of revenue received because we believe it allows us to be a partner with you in your practice, rather than charging a flat fee that you are stuck paying regardless of revenue or number of sessions billed.

We have never had any of our practices or users fail an audit due to a lack of competency in billing, documentation, or the use of our system, but we certainly value your feedback. If you are interested, we encourage you to reach out to your account management team, or escalate your concerns to management.

We are always willing to listen and certainly want to address and correct any shortcomings in our services.

Respectfully,

Review and Feedback

Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Susin B.
Mental Health Care, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Kasa has a wonderful customer support team that are responsive and helpful.

Pros: It's easy to use for updating client records.

Cons: Updates have been troublesome as they have rolled out.

by KASA Practice Solutions on 16/10/2019

Susin,

Thank you for your feedback and continued use over the years of KASA!

With your account being a larger agency, many of the features released have not been immediately available or appropriate for much of your staff, which may have caused some of the trouble when updates are released but announced to all users. That being said, we would love to hear feedback on how we can improve on feature releases for your team!

Thank you again for entrusting KASA to help manage your agency!

KASA is a "Good Fit"

Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Bonnie B.
Therapist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: KASA EMR is beneficial in helping me stay abreast of my clinical notes. I love having everything I need from bringing a new client in, adding insurance companies, completing notes and assessments, to taking payments or having insurance comapnies billed by the support team to exiting a client confined within one system. At this point in my practice life, KASA is my one stop shop.

Pros: I like the format for adding and setting up new clients. I also like the simplicity of taking credit card payments.

Cons: I don't like the new change to having two separate areas for notes: Appointments needing a note and Pending notes. I'm not sure that was a needed change.??

by KASA Practice Solutions on 19/07/2019

Bonnie,

Thank you for your review! We split the task page into two sections based on user feedback, but appreciate your insight on this, and will review with our development team how we can improve on this.

We're so glad to hear that KASA is able to help you better manage your practice, and we look forward to continuing to help your practice grow and thrive while you focus on seeing clients!

Great practice management software

Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Melissa G.
Owner/Therapist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: KASA has made it possible for me to launch my own private practice. Their services were created with the needs of therapists in mind, and their software is tailored to accomplish the necessary tasks!

Pros: The KASA software is very user-friendly and intuitive; it didn't take long at all to become familiar with its features. I have appreciated that there are levels to its use, depending on what your individual practice needs are. For example, I can maintain my entire mental health record through KASA or only utilize it for billing purposes and it functions well either way.

Cons: The only difficulty that I've experienced with the software has been minor, and it involved settings within the calendar. When I reached out for help to the KASA staff, they addressed the issue right away and made the necessary changes within my calendar. During the time that I have been using these services, there has only been one time when the KASA system was "down", and, again, that was taken care of quickly also.

by KASA Practice Solutions on 13/09/2019

Melissa,

We are glad to hear you find our software easy to use and our service of a high quality. We are always looking to continue to grow, so we appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to partner with your practice!

The KASA Team

Software if easy to use and meets my needs

Licensed Professional Counselor/Owner
Customer Support

Pros: Ease of use. Scheduling is easy. Love the credit card feature. Being able to track my billing as well as patient balances are great. This software gives me all of the information I need to keep up with my practice.

Cons: There are some issues logging on at times when software is down. Also, there is lag time going from one screen to another at times.

Hello,

Thank you for your kind review.

As a tip, if you ever have trouble logging in to your portal, head over to kasa-solutions.com/status to determine if it is a local issue or a reported system problem; that will help keep you looped in on the current situation!

KASA Solutions

Working with KASA has been wonderful and has greatly improved out agency practice.

Reviewed on 19/06/2018
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Has enabled us to take our agency to a multi site organization while still maintaining consistency and uniformity.

Pros: It is very user friendly, easy to train new staff and easily accessible from anywhere. Like that it is tailored to the unique needs of behavioral health rather than trying to retro fit medical software to meet our needs.

Cons: I would like to see the date/time function in session notes improved to be more streamlined and less cumbersome.

Hello,

Thank you for your review, and we will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to make updates to our system.

Thanks,

I've been a KASA customer for about 2 years and couldn't be happier with their service!

Reviewed on 11/06/2018
Gita P.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I love how easy it is to use and that I can access my calendar on all of my devices. The software also allows me to keep my client's records all in one place so it's easy to keep track of records.

Cons: The only thing I wish the software could help with is having a online system or calendar that my clients could access to schedule appointments instead of me having to call them.

by KASA Practice Solutions on 13/06/2018

Gita,

Thanks for your review! We are glad that you enjoy using our services. As a tip, you can actually have your clients schedule appointments within the client portal. You can control how far out they can schedule, and if they can create same-day appointments, as well.

We will have your account management team reach out to you also, to ensure that you can get this set up!

KASA Solutions

I've been with Kasa for 5 years, I like that we can have receptionists answering and verifying.

Reviewed on 30/04/2018
Dorothee I.
owner, clinical director
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: None, I stayed with KASA because it offers receptionist, a practice management team.

Cons: the signature pad would be great, doesn't count the sessions so I never know when I need to write to the insurance company for more sessions, does not create super bills, does not follow requirements for progress notes from insurance companies.
No signatures for progress notes.
Nothing, almost completely archaic, words like"inappropriate/depressed" should be eliminated.
Software does not follow the requirements for progress notes dictated by insurance. The developer should check The DHS's requirements and develop corresponding software or just check out Simple Practice.

Hello Dorothee,

Thank you for your review, and I wanted to follow up on a number of your comments.

We do have an integration with a signature pad available. Additionally, our system does allow you to add authorizations and track the amount of sessions remaining.

While we currently do not have superbills able to be automatically generated, your account manager can compile this for you at no additional cost.

Also, as we discussed over the phone recently, our system does follow requirements from insurance companies for tracking goals and objectives, and notes are appropriately electronically signed.

Finally, many of the customizations you are looking for in your clinical documents can easily be added to your portal. Please reach out to your account management team to learn how.

We appreciate our long-standing partnership with CHR and look forward to continuing to serve your practice.

Kind Regards,

Wonderful!

Kami G.
Co-owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It's easy to use and is tailored for my agency.

Pros: It's tailored to Mental Health Therapy. Also, we get quick responses when we have problems with the software.

Cons: Assessments and social history's go missing at times. Then it takes a long time for it to be found. I think it doesn't work very good with my Chrome book.

Kami,

Thank you for your review, and we are glad to hear you generally appreciate KASA and the services we offer.

Generally, if social histories or assessments "go missing" it is because the user was timed out of their portal for security reasons.

KASA Solutions

Having this service is essential to my success in private practice.

Reviewed on 20/06/2018
Angie L.
Therapist/Owner
Customer Support

Pros: The software is clear and easy to use. If I have any questions, my "team" is there to help. They are always friendly and knowledgable.

Cons: I would like to have more prompts in the "notes" section as well as the treatment planning section. I understand the reason for having to verify submitted dates of service but the two step process is sometimes frustrating due to the added time.

Angie,

Thank you for your review and your feedback.

We are proud to partner with you, and look forward to continuing to see your practice grow!

Thanks,

Great support and wonderful customer service!

Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Angela M.
MSW, LICSW, Owner ANew
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: This program has been a great addition to a new private practice. It is easy to use, easy to bill, and KASA has great customer support. I like the reports that you can run. It has been great thus far for a private practice.

Cons: I would like the date of the next session to show when I am writing a progress note so that I do not have to save and double check the date of the next session. Minor issue at best.

by KASA Practice Solutions on 13/09/2019

Angela,

Thank you for your review and your feature request! We have passed this comment on to our software development team for consideration as we continue to roll out new features!

Thank you for partnering with KASA!

I find the software easy to use and the reports can be done in only a few minutes.

Becky S.
LISW Therapist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easy writing of reports and access to printing reports

Pros: The information is succinct and easy to enter. Retrieving reports for releases does not take much time or effort.

Cons: The intake reports do not pull together well in a complete evaluation report. There is very little time once a report has been saved and signed to make changes and the unlock process is a cumbersome.

Becky,

Thank you for your review and your feedback. This is helpful as we continue to make updates in our system!

KASA Solutions

A great full service product and team!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017
Shannon W.
Co-Owner/Therapist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I like that it's not only software, but a full service team comes with it to help with all of my agency's billing and scheduling needs. We have positive feedback from our clients about the reception team which is extremely important as they are frequently the client's first contact.

Shannon,

Thank you for your review. We're excited to partner with MWR Counseling as you grow and expand your practice!

Thank you for entrusting KASA with your billing and scheduling!

great experience

Reviewed on 16/05/2018
Sherry M.
clinician
Customer Support

Pros: The ease of use and all information in place is the best feature. The software was easy to learn and support when needed

Cons: none so far. It has been a great help to me. Maybe a feature that offered more reports or ability to adjust note templates.

Sherry,

Thank you for your review. We are in the process of developing an update to our system to allow full customization of note templates in the future -- stay tuned!

Thank you for your partnership with KASA!