• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.6 /5

About CapLinked

CapLinked's enterprise VDR and Document Management solution provides the best way to securely share and track all of your information.

Learn more about CapLinked

Benefits/HR Administrator
Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2019

"Caplinked First Time User"

Pros: I like the ability to customize the platform and it is cost effective for our company.

Cons: It can't do all that the sales team swore that it could.

Hello!

We are glad to hear you found our platform customizable and cost-efficient! We hope to work with you for future projects.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2019
Nalan K.
Legal Operations Specialist
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2020

"CapLinked Review"

Comments: Overall experience was positive. Pros:
1. Incorporated tutorial videos for each section
2. Fancy look, video can be uploaded on the welcome page
3. Q&A section: reply from admin user can be send directly to requester which will then only be visible for these 2 individuals or admin user can reply posting this to the Q&A section where the requester will stay anonymous but all users in the work space would be able to see the question and answer.
Cons:
1. Although the platform has some really great features, it is in some places somewhat cumbersome to handle.
2. Permissions are on the folder level and not on a the file level. File would have to be uploaded into an individual folder to restrict access
3. No restricted view access for single users within a group available. Permissions are on the non-admin group level. The individual would need to be in his or her own non-admin group to receive different permissions
4. No notification will be send out if a file or folder is deleted

Pros: - Personalising the data room with company logo and also being able to upload videos.
- Folders and sub-folders can be restricted to view only or download and upload as well. However, permissions can only be restricted on group level not on individual level. Solution to create team group for individual to restrict view access for different folders / sub-folders. No option to restrict view / download permission on individual files.
- E-mails via the workspace can be send to members of the same workspace to ask questions or for collaboration.

Cons: Although Q&A availability is great, unfortunately the usability is not very user-friendly, especially when trying to find the already answered questions. It would be good if the Q&A section would have a better order so one can see where the answers and questions relate to similar to a table of contents i.e. pointing to the folder if one would like to review all related questions to a specific topic in a folder or sub-folder.

by CapLinked on 1/07/2020

Hello!

We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked overall positive! We are currently working on a new version of our Q&A feature that will provide many new updates for advanced usability. Thank you for your feedback!

• Reviewed on 16/06/2020
Serena P.
Associate
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2020

"My Review"

Pros: When creating a new group, I enjoy that I can select permissions settings from an existing group, which helps creating a new group quicker. (Disclaimer: this is soley only my own personal opinion from my experiences with CapLinked).

Cons: More branding options for our company to use and display on the data room could be improved. Also, the activity tracker could use more improvement by including how long a user viewed a specific document. Lastly, the best improvement that could be made is to easily search and locate which user is in which group(s). Lastly, it was very upsetting when the data room was closed after we paid for our subscription renewal. (Disclaimer: this is solely only my own personal opinion from my experiences with CapLinked).

by CapLinked on 3/06/2020

Hello Serena,

We are glad to hear you found our Permissions module features user-friendly and helpful! We are constantly working to improve our features, such as the Activity Tracker.

You can search a user's email address from the Permissions page search bar, check the box next to their name and the groups they belong to appear on the right sidebar.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to work with you on future projects.

CapLinked

• Reviewed on 26/05/2020
Co-Founder and Partner
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2018

"Caplinked is powerful and easy to use"

Pros: We chose Caplinked for it's easy to use/ fast modern interface, great customer support, powerful features and transparent pricing. They have a lot of features that you won't find in other VDR's (I've tried 3 different competitors). Their customer support really stood out to me as they've been very responsive and personable throughout our entire experience; from on-boarding to day-to-day use. Every member of our team was able to quickly learn the software. I feel very comfortable sharing sensitive and confidential documents through Caplinked.

by CapLinked on 4/12/2019

Hello!

We are glad to hear you found our platform user friendly and straightforward! We hope to work with you again for future projects.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2018
William T.
Analyst
Investment Banking, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2021

"Good data room experience overall"

Comments: I like CapLinked and they are a great value data room

Pros: I liked that the software was easy to pick up and use from the start

Cons: I think 24 hour service chat could be helpful and some of the documents that got uploaded seemed to randomly become inaccessible

by CapLinked on 25/05/2021

Hello William,

We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad that you found ease of use with CapLinked. Please feel free to reach out to our support team with any questions and/or reference our support materials below:

CapLinked

• Reviewed on 20/05/2021
Heather L.
Due Diligence Coordinator
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2018

"Everyone at CapLinked has been great and it's an easy platform to use."

Comments: Our users should get the impression that we are very professional when they are using it.

Pros: It is designed more specifically to business transactions as opposed to just file sharing: I can add logos, videos and other customization.

Cons: I miss being able to email files directly from folders like I used to do in ShareFile and I wish I could delete work spaces on my own. I also wish I could group work spaces because we use them for 3 different purposes and I would like to keep them separate.

Hello Heather,

Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. Single file sharing and the ability for admins to delete workspaces will be available in the near future. We hope to work with you again for future projects.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2018
Kyle K.
Associate
Investment Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2019

"Caplinked is good value"

Comments: Average

Pros: Can't beat it for the price. It's a good alternative for cost sensitive clients.

Cons: No good reporting functionality and adding users could definitely be easier.

Hello Kyle,

We are glad to hear you found our platform cost-efficient! The Activity Tracker will be updated in the coming months for user ease. We hope to work with you for future projects.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2019
Alexandra J.
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2017

"Wonderful Experience"

Comments: Its a pretty good software

Pros: It is appropriate for organizations of all sizes and serves clients across practically every industry. With CapLinked, clients over the globe can work together and make content on different devices.

Cons: The feature set for CapLinked is pretty robust, and growing software. It was pretty hard using it but I got the hand of it at the long run...

by CapLinked on 4/12/2019

Hello Alexandra,

We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked went well! We hope to work with you again for future projects.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2017
VP Product Dev and Consulting Division
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees

"CapLinked vs Sharepoint"

Comments: Very positive. Company was going through re-financing and required a virtual data room for authenticated prospects/investors. CapLinked helped in setting structure for various documents and management of the distribution of the documents.

Pros: Ease of use, UI , role / project based set up. For most part very intuitive and address majority of the requirements. We shifted form internal Sharepoint solution and were up and running with CapLinked in under 4 hours.

Cons: Having to manage documents in multiple places. Would have preferred to have caplinked manage the LINKS to documents in their "native" locations rather than uploading them and having to maintain consistency with revisions.

Hello!

We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked overall positive! We truly appreciate your feedback. We hope to work with you for future projects.

Thomas S.
EVP, Corp. Dev. and General Counsel
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2018

"Very good experience. Worked as expected."

Comments: Potential investors were able to quickly and easily gain access to our data room. I'm also able to maintain the data room quite cost effectively for future use so I continue to extend my plan with Cap Linked.

Pros: It's ease of use is very good and the customer support was excellent. I also liked the ability to customize a click through legal agreement for various parties. And the ability to move files from folder to folder was quite nice.

Cons: The permissioning features were a bit confusing at first. Other than that wrt the permissioning I really didn't notice any cons about the software.

Hello Thomas,

We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked went well! We are constantly improving our features, including folder level permissions, for the ease of users. We hope to work with you again for future projects.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2018
Christopher B.
Product Portfolio Manager
501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2018

"Does what I need it to do"

Comments: Easy to conduct a survey without frustratingly long and complex questions

Pros: Caplinked makes it easy to upload confidential files and can control who has access to them. I like the way I can limit the time users have to view files.

Cons: Would be nice to build our own graphical reports. There's really only 1 graphical report, the activity tracker.

Hello Christopher,

We are glad to hear you found our platform user friendly and straightforward! We are currently working on updated the Activity Tracker feature for an improved experience. We hope to work with you again for future projects.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2018
Principal
Investment Banking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2019

"Safe Vault for Client Info"

Comments: We had a secure place for Due Diligence Info

Pros: Posting Documents and Tracking Users' Progress

Cons: It seems like it is easy to post in the wrong section

Hello!

We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked went well! We truly appreciate your feedback. We hope to work with you for future projects.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2019
Thomas P.
Controller
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2016

"CapLinked Review"

Comments: We have been using this platform now for about six months. It is by far, the easiest data room tool I have ever used. The folks at CapLinked are great to work with and very responsive, however, the product is so intuitive to use, I didn't have to utilize their support very much at all.

Pros: Very easy to use. Data uploads are intuitive and fast.

Cons: Really, nothing.

by CapLinked on 30/09/2016

Hi Thomas, we're so happy to hear you've had a positive experience using CapLinked!

• Reviewed on 30/09/2016
Ted D.
Principal
Oil & Energy
  • Reviewed on 1/03/2018

"Very limited software for large databases. Can't handle folder downloads over 4GB"

Comments: Not much. If they had an ftp, I could have finished getting the data from the VDR in a few hours instead of days...

Pros: Easy to navigate the page.

Cons: This software is not user friendly. It is designed for admins who never actually download their own files
1) Commonly fails to prepare folders for download and you have to start over.
2) Can only download folders < 4GB or 2,000 files. For projects with images, this is a major fail.
3) When I contacted support about #2, the told me to use the clipboard to keep track of the files I downloaded in a folder. Really? Should I get my Model T out too? They turned a 2 hr job into an all day affair.

Hello Ted,

Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. We appreciate input from the user perspective. We hope to work with you again for future projects.

• Reviewed on 1/03/2018
Mark J.
Business & Corporate Development
Biotechnology, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2021

"CapLinked works pretty well for datarooms"

Pros: Secure, overall simple. A nice way to manage access to confidential files.

Cons: Some features are difficult to use, like sharing individual folders

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your review. We are always looking for ways to improve CapLinked for user ease and appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to our support team with any questions regarding those features for further assistance!

• Reviewed on 15/03/2021
Philippe L.
GM, Commercial
Biotechnology, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2021

"Commercially focused tool to serve..."

Comments: Fast & easy tool that supports business needs

Pros: Great storage & hierarchy of storage that allows easy document search.

Cons: No issues and I would recommend CapLinked to businesses looking for an effective business software tool.

Hi Philippe,

We are glad to hear that your experience with CapLinked has been positive and that you would recommend us! Thank you for your review!

• Reviewed on 16/03/2021
Co-Founder & CEO
Hospitality
  • Reviewed on 9/02/2018

"Corporate user, very satisfied"

Pros: Ease of inviting people to use the platform. Ease of uploading documents. Ease of adding group access and turning off certain documents to certain groups.

Cons: Expiring links. UX interface is older. Preview function for viewing documents that are uploaded is low quality.

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. The invite expiration limit is now selected by the admin. We have also updated our UX for a better user experience. We hope to work with you again for future projects.

• Reviewed on 9/02/2018
Roberto G.
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/07/2016

"Simple and powerful"

Comments: it was the first time for us using a VDR. We found caplinked very simple to use, but powerful and it really fit our needs.

Pros: simple interface, many features, low price compared to others

Cons: actually nothing

by CapLinked on 19/07/2016

Thank you Roberto! We're glad to hear your experience with CapLinked was a success!

• Reviewed on 6/07/2016
Tina B.
Dir of Operations
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2021

"Solid Data Room Portal for Fund Offerings"

Pros: I like that it's easy to dupe a workspace and the NDA splashpage is customizable per group

Cons: i've had multiple instances where I tried to create a new folder for a new LP and it said that I ran out of file space. the first time this happened, i was indeed over the 5gb space threshold, but after that i kept our file usage to ~3.5gb but there were still issues.

by CapLinked on 1/04/2021

Hi Tina,

We are glad that you've of ease in customization of your workspaces. If you encounter an additional space issues, please feel free to contact the support team for further assistance! Thank you for your feedback!

• Reviewed on 29/03/2021
Fulvio M.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/06/2021

"Perfect tool for mid-sized company due diligence"

Pros: Ease of use and full features for a very good value for money

Cons: Sometimes downloaded documents take too long to be readable

by CapLinked on 9/06/2021

Hi Fulvio,

Thank you for your review of CapLinked! We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you've found ease of use within the platform.

CapLinked Team

• Reviewed on 1/06/2021
Investment Banking Associate
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"It's a good low-cost solution but certainly lacks some of the functionality of a premium service"

Comments: Was able to conduct file sharing for a sellside M&A process with multiple potential buyers each requiring different permission levels.

Pros: Quickness of uploads, it's a low-cost solution, we also appreciated the amount of data we were to upload and that the pricing was not a variable per page model

Cons: Lack of reporting functions such as well-organized index reports, permission setting, draft mode takes the whole data room offline,

Hello!

We are glad to hear you found our platform cost efficient and straightforward! The Activity Tracker provides index reports in several categories. We hope to work with you again for future projects.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2018
Penny P.
Systems & Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 6/02/2018

"CapLinked is an excellent VDR that is easy to navigate."

Comments: This program works perfectly for our needs.
The invites sometimes get caught in spam but that's to be expected. Manual invites are simple to send when this happens.

Pros: Reasonably priced, secure and easy to use software. Great customer support!
I would definitely recommend this software to anyone looking for a virtual data room.

Hello Penny,

We are glad to hear you found our platform cost efficient and straightforward! We hope to work with you again for future projects.

• Reviewed on 6/02/2018
CFO & COO

"CFO Review"

Comments: Simple and to the point, as it should be. Once we closed our funding round, we had far less need for it. I tried to negotiate a lower monthly price to keep access (until our next round), but they were not interested. Too bad, probably lost a long term client due to short term inflexibility

Pros: Easy to use.
User tiers
Drag and drop functionality

Cons: Interface is a bit clunky. UI is dated
Invites often go to junk mail.

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly improving our features, including our UI, for the ease of users. We appreciate input from the user perspective. We hope to work with you for future projects.

Alicia C.
Administrative Assistant
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/05/2018

"CapLinked is very transparent with its price, has great customer support, and easy to use."

Comments: Great online support, customer representative is available all day any time. User friendly and recommended to my friends and business partners.

Pros: Any person who has no experience can learn how to use CapLinked in sorting, filing, audit, and tracking communication. It is super easy to use and has a great platform and extremely secure.

Cons: There can be better methods to export data. For example, exporting data should be user friendly and neatly organized. Some features need update.

Hello Alicia,

We are glad to hear you experienced ease in using Caplinked security features! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. We appreciate input from the user perspective. We hope to work with you again for future projects.

• Reviewed on 3/05/2018
Warehousing, 10,000+ Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2021

"Looking for a new solution"

Comments: Looking for an alternative and my M&A group agrees.

Pros: Cheap and simplistic. Not a very sophisticated system.

Cons: It's website touts that you have permission control, but you don't, you can NEVER correct, delete, change anyone you have put in your system. The customer service person is snarky and rude. I have used other products at other companies and am very aware of what a quality system can do. This isn't it.

Hello,

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulty with navigating user access permissions. CapLinked allows for management of user access with the data room via the Permissions page. Please feel free to reach out our support team resources with any questions for assistance!

• Source: GetApp