• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5

About PandaDoc

Sales teams use PandaDoc to improve deal workflow, insights, and speed while delivering an amazing buying experience.

Learn more about PandaDoc

Jesus P.
CEO/President
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2020

"Jumping From RightSignature to PandaDocs"

Comments: We were previously paying RighSignature somewhere around $600/yr to essentially send around 4 documents per month via API to Podio. I took a deep breath and looked at that renewal cost during a pandemic and decided to look for options. It boiled down to SignNow or PandaDoc. When I saw PandaDocs free tier, I made the jump and haven't looked back. We did lose the automation functionality in the process, but the $600/yr savings makes up for it. We simply uploaded the NDA and Agreements we use and we "duplicate" them when we need to send a new one. The process takes 3 minutes at the most to setup, send and sign. If you're a small business getting started and need free e-Signing, PandaDoc is a winner.

Pros: They provide a free tier for smaller companies to fulfill their e-signing requirements. If that wasn't enough, their free tier does not have any major, missing components that would cripple the software. It just works beautifully at the wonderful cost of "zero".

Cons: I'm not in a place to complain when I'm using e-Signature software for free. However, it would be really, really nice if they could provide some limited API or Zapier functionality with the free tier. I don't expect that to happen, but it would be lovely if they did it.

• Reviewed on 18/10/2020
Elaine L.
Director of Information Technology
Individual & Family Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2021

"Does the job but improvements needed"

Comments: Easy to learn and use. PandaDoc support team does seem willing to listen and interested in suggestions. They say they will forward suggestions to the development team. Overall PandaDoc feels like it's still very young and needs its developers to pay more attention to some smaller details to improve user experience and polish some existing features.

Pros: Quick and easy to learn and train staff. PandaDoc support team is responsive, even if they don't have all the answers. Does some jobs well. If you just need to get a simple signature on a simple form, this is easy peasy.

Cons: No conditional logic on forms. For example a W-9 form requires either a SSN or EIN and only one check-box must be checked. No way to make conditional requirements like this. The editor is tedious when designing forms from scratch: making the slightest edit to a section that has many checkboxes, for example, will skew the whole document out of alignment. While viewing "Completed" documents, after opening a document to view it, then returning back to the list again, there's no indicator showing which document was last opened, so it's hard to know where you left off on the list of docs. This seems like such an obvious and simple feature. Published forms (forms embedded as code on on website) have the following issue: If a signature is needed from us (originator) and signer (website visitor), then signer must enter OUR email address before they can fill out the form. If we leave off our signature (as a workaround) then the signer will receive notification emails normally intended for originator (Your form has been viewed, etc) and there's no way to turn off those notifications. PandaDoc chat support staff was stumped on that one. There's no way to enable notification to another team member. This is a problem for teams that divide work. Example: team member #1 creates/modifies forms, team member #2 works with signed documents. Team member #2 can't be notified of newly arrived docs. Why limit who can be notified? Things like that. Improvements are needed.

Paul S.
VP Sales
Events Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2021

"Panda Doc Review"

Comments: Enjoy using Panda Doc, only wish it had the profit/margin visibility on a line item basis. Other than that we have been very satisfied.

Pros: Flexibility in templates and budgets - real time visibility of document tracking and DocuSign. Love the APP and that I can access proposals from anywhere.

Cons: No visibility on profit/margin %s on a line item / Individual SKU basis - only on the bottom line cost. Poor design

• Reviewed on 28/01/2021
Corbin S.
Chief Operating Officer
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2021

"They only care about bigger fish"

Comments: IF YOUR A SMALL BUSINESS DO NOT USE PANDA DOCS! Other than the occasional helpful support staff i am yet to receive a decent customer experience with any of the panda doc teams, once they identify you as a small business they no longer care about you or how you are going with the software. When wanting to add users officially i was given minimal instruction on how to correctly sign up which led to the company being overcharged for the user we did not want. when i bought this to the attention of multiple team members no one would confirm this or follow up to refund the amount. I would not recommend this program or software to anyone based on customer experience alone.

Pros: Integration with hubspot has really been the only thing going for panda docs.

Cons: Was not alot of customisation options when trying to create links between hubspot and panda docs.

Scott B.
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2017

"Overall good, sometimes interface is slow/clunky."

Comments: Quoting is great with it, which helps a lot in many of our transations.

Pros: The client-editable quotes are awesome. The UI is good (UX needs some work, below). Content re-use is great. Love the signing and notifications.

Cons: Clunky interface (pretty, but not smooth). Makes it hard for us to get work done sometimes because we're waiting for the interface or having to move things around because they jump. The design philosophy and UI are great, but the UX leaves a little to be desired. Also, some refinements like keyboard shortcuts, maybe a favorite or most used bar. In addition, we'd love more integrations. We're big into Google Apps, I'd love calendar linking that told us when we sent something (calendar item), when it expires (calendar item), etc. The lack of sorting options, and default sorts that "stick" in the documents/ templates list is killing us. Open a folder, wait, sorted by default (age? Which is the least helpful when dealing with dozens/hundreds of docs). Sort by name. Wait. Would be AMAZING to be able to set "sort by [name] [date] [recent] [X] as default" so we don't have to resort and reload every single time we go looking for a document. For heavy users, this is a real burden, wasting time waiting for the product to be usable, instead of doing work. It's a good standalone product and helps a lot when we have a document built and send out multiple versions. Building documents is still a little clunky. And some of those "native" integrations such as calendar would be great, to make it less standalone.

Jud M.
Sales Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees

"Panda Docs Review"

Comments: We use Panda Docs mainly to send out contracts to our customers. We are a painting contracting company that does a good deal of business and we send out 40 or so proposals or contracts a week. We already have estimating software that creates a very professional proposal, so we just upload that proposal to Panda Docs and then drop in a signature and date line on the contract page for the customer to complete. It's quick and easy to do and we like how simple the process is. It is very helpful to get an email when one of my customers opens my proposal as it allows me to follow up with them more strategically. One of the best features of Panda Docs is letting the customer sign my contract electronically and having it come straight back to me via email. My customers don't have to receive my email with my proposal as an attachment, print it, sign it, scan it and then email it back to me. That takes a lot of time and makes it harder to complete the contract. In today's world of doing things on the fly, Panda Docs fits right in. I tell customers that they can sign my contract from their phone all the time. Anything that saves me time and makes it easier to get my contracts signed and returned is worth the money.

Pros: Ease of use and simple uploading of documents

Cons: Found it a little hard to make a template the way we wanted it to look, so we just upload our current proposals into Panda Docs

Wilber C.
  • Reviewed on 8/05/2020

"My Only and Go to Proposal Platform"

Comments: I have been using PandaDoc for more than 3 years and I haven't been able to find anything like it.

Pros: What I love about this platform is the functionality and how it allows you to charge your client. It makes it very easy for your client to sign and pay right there and there.

Cons: I don't like the fact that you have to send reminders, manually.

Geoff Y.
VP of Marketing
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2018

"Awesome Software to Automate the Proposal Creation, Delivery, and Execution Process"

Comments: Increased productivity, increased efficiency, significant time savings, faster approval process, centralized housing of proposals, simplified proposal creation

Pros: We transitioned to PandaDoc several months ago to automate our proposal software development, delivery, and execution. What used to take us several hours per proposal now takes us minutes. The user interface is easy to use and allows you to customize your proposals and add features in that were difficult before, such as video. Also, you can create your content library to drag and drop parts of your proposal that might be different or unique to each proposal, such as descriptions of products and/or services that you offer. The pricing library can be preloaded with your products and/or services so you can streamline and automate the pricing process, including the calculation of multiple items and sales tax. Finally, the integration that PandaDoc has with HubSpot is simply amazing. By having this native integration, we are able to pull most of the information about our customers or prospects directly from our CRM, pre-populating the fields that would otherwise be time consuming to manually enter.

Cons: The only negative that I have about PandaDoc is that when you create items in dropdown boxes, you don't have the ability to match the font of those dropdowns with the font that you use in the rest of your document. I have heard that this might be changing soon but it does make the proposal look a bit unprofessional to have 2 different fonts used.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2018
Dave W.
  • Reviewed on 1/05/2020

"Great Product!"

Comments: It's very easy to get started and saves me time by offering an all-in-one e-signature document and payment tool.

Pros: The ease with which to make a quick proposal and connect it to a payment solution like Stripe or PayPal helps me close deals faster, and also receive deposits sooner. Also, the online signature tool saves my clients a lot of time and headaches.

Cons: I can't think of any right now. I'm being honest about that.

• Reviewed on 1/05/2020
Howard C.
Operations and Marketing Analyst
  • Reviewed on 16/09/2018

"PandaDoc For HR and Sales Contracts"

Comments: Overall I have been really impressed with PandaDoc because of its ability to be leveraged in many different ways. For example we use PandaDocs for all of our HR documents from offer letters to compensation plans, company policies and even workplace compliance records. We also use PandaDocs for all of our sales documents from order forms, to renewals to scope of work documents. PandaDoc's ease of use paired with its capabilities has made it a company-wide staple.

Pros: My favorite part of the PandaDoc software is how easy it is to use. Once you understand the basics, PandaDocs is incredible intuitive primarily due to its user friendly interface. As my company's PandaDoc administrator I like that PandaDoc doesn't require extensive training to users. This makes it easier to roll out company wide.

Cons: PandaDoc's pricing table can be frustrating because it doesn't function like a typical excel-like spreadsheet. Our sales reps will constantly express their frustration about this. In many cases it limits are capabilities or greatly increases the time and effort we have to spend on certain documents specifically sales orders.

• Reviewed on 16/09/2018
Giovanni C.
Admissions
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/03/2021

"Excellent Value!"

Comments: Overall, PandaDoc is a great product to use for basic document creation in word and PDF format. Great for document storage and organization. Easy to send documents to your clients and easy to see the status of all your documents simply by reviewing your account dashboard.

Pros: It may get a bit confusing to use at first if you plan to intergrade with other software for automation, especially when trying to set up the signer roles, but if you are simply looking to send documents directly from the PandaDoc platform, it will make getting documents signed a breeze

Cons: The integration roles don't always work as they should. We use zapier to integrade various software for automation and the capabilities allowed at minimal at best. Also, some of the integration fields are mandatory even if you don't have any need for them so you have to really get your brain hamster to improvise and work around that obstacle.

• Reviewed on 2/03/2021
Kevin C.
  • Reviewed on 2/01/2017

"No better way to rapidly create Agreements and Proposals"

Comments: For my Retainer Proposals, I cut the time to deliver a proposal from 6 hours down to 2 hours by using PandaDoc. I now send out NDAs in 10 minutes. And the quality of the Proposals projects a professional, savvy image - "If I can do this for me, think what I can do for you." I can tell when they've been read when they've been signed, and I have a legal document that sets the deliverables and the payment schedules, even though I don't collect payments via PandaDoc because I prefer to do that using my Zoho Books accounting s/w. I like the integration with Zoho CRM, that's part of the time-saving features of PandaDoc, but it's Chrome only, although I hear that Zoho is working on a direct integration. I've attended every one of PandaDoc's excellent webinars, and have learned how to extend the look of my finished documents using CSS. All-in-all, a great product. One knock is on pricing - Professional Edition is reasonably priced, geared to the single user, but limited to 5 different templates. To overcome that, one would need to jump to the higher-priced Business Edition, which wouldn't be a problem but it requires a 5-user minimum, which then puts it out of reach of the average sole practitioner. I wish they would increase the 5-template limit on the Professional. Other than that, it's a time-saver that helps me every day.

Pros: Speed of production of proposals.

Cons: Pricing.

• Reviewed on 2/01/2017
Chloe C.
Business Owner
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2018

"Great for sending proposals!"

Comments: Overall Pandadocs has provided a cost effective solution for proposal sending and signing. It’s integration with Hubspot really helped this software “take the cake” when I was choosing which proposal software to use. Although it took some getting used to, I now feel comfortable using the software and take comfort in knowing all my contracts and proposals are signed correctly and properly.

Pros: As a marketing freelancer, I have been using this software to send proposals to clients. For me, there was one big advantage with Pandadocs over its other market competitors, Pandadocs intragrates with the CRM system Hubspot. Pandadocs makes sending my proposals easy and it can be done straight from Hubspot itself. Meaning whenever I need to check a client or enquiry’s proposal and contract it’s all there in one place with all of their other information. This software also allows for proposals to be accepted and signed electronically. This cuts down on the amount of back and forth emails usually needed to get a contract signed.

Cons: Initially I found this software more difficult to get to grips with than some of the other market competitors that I had tried. I found the design aspect of creating proposals tricky as I couldn’t always get the design or feel I wanted. Aside from this, I haven’t ran into any significant problems with this software.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2018
Laura R.
Onwer
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 8/05/2020

"Very easy to use as PDF"

Comments: Have used about 4 years now and love it! When I started my own firm didn't even look at other options, just automatically used that!

Pros: As a tax professional I need to get lots of signatures on forms. This software allows me to in about 30 seconds upload, add the signature templates and send to the clients. Love it!

Cons: There needs to be a different pricing between $9 and $50/month. I want to still have some of the features of the $9 but have too much volume, but not enough to pay $50. A few more layers of pricing would be awesome.

Karin O.
Project Management
Automotive
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2016

"Overall good but needs some functionality help"

Comments: I love the fact that everything is online and that we can now duplicate documents. What would really kick this up a notch would be the ability to copy/paste sections between browser windows when you don't want to duplicate an entire document, rather some sections. Also, the ability to add rows/sections perhaps at section breaks or other locations rather than only at the end of the document since our docs can get long and unwieldy, and I end up spending a lot of time dragging and dropping additions from the bottom to where they belong. Lastly, an undo feature that is more consistent. It feels like if you make a mistake, sometimes you can correct it if you alt-z quickly enough but sometimes it is already done, accepted and saved. Oops, I guess one more addition that would be great would be a way to track editions.

Pros: Online accessibility anywhere

Cons: - inability to add lines inside the doc except at the end
- inability to track doc editions
- inability to copy and paste sections of docs rather than duplicating whole docs

Eric G.
COO
Public Safety, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/03/2019

"SaaS based electronic order processing that is great for a SaaS based product company or startup"

Comments: We provide SaaS-based conversational AI solutions helping victims of crime, and our customers are government agencies and non-profits. Purchasing workflows vary greatly with our subscribers, but PandaDoc has enabled use to be effective and efficient in helping our customers purchase our technology. We appreciate the continued enhancement and refinement of PandaDoc features, and have no plans to move off of this platform any time soon.

Pros: User-centered design evident across company and customer facing user interfaces
Good time-saving integrations with other apps like CRM’s (HubSpot, etc.)
Automatic reminders to recipients in workflow a time-saver
Option to upload manually signed docs also helpful
Gives a complete and effective way to handle agreement and order processing with minimal lift

Cons: Hard to recall any cons
Data privacy in the cloud is always a concern, but PandaDoc creates no worse risk that I know of.

• Reviewed on 9/03/2019
Homeyra H.
Office Admin
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2018

"An easy tp use platform for all my Agreement and Proposal needs."

Comments: Easy sending out employment agreements, easy sending out service proposals.

Pros: Its so easy to get paper work to people who are faraways! It's made my life so much easier when it comes to the hiring process in our security firm. Once an interviewee leaves, we discuss if we want to hire him/her and then I send them the employment package, making my life so much easier.

Cons: You have to select each feild when assigning them to someone. Like why isn't there a control select option on here?

• Reviewed on 14/05/2018
Jeff K.
Founder & CEO
Staffing & Recruiting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2019

"Stand out from the competition!"

Comments: I love PandaDoc and recommend adding to your tool belt...unless your in my space as I like standing out above the competition! :)

Pros: In the field I'm in my competition is still using word and .pdf for contracts and proposals. That is like using a fax versus an email. By using PandaDoc it makes me stick out and cuts my production time of getting these type of documents out to my clients and prospects. It also allows me to see in advance what sections they review the most and be ready to address those sections on a follow up call. I also love that it makes notes on my CRM and notifies all parties that the contract is signed when completed and gives them the ability to download a copy. (This keeps me from having to send out to everyone).

Cons: Would love for them to add a redline function and my understanding is that is coming soon. When working on a more advanced agreement that would come in real handy!

• Reviewed on 29/08/2019
Marketing & Design Specialist
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2019

"Excellent platform for proposal and contract creation."

Comments: We switched over from DocuSign to have more capability to design astetically pleasign proposals and contarcts for our customers. It has been a huge improvement.

Pros: Pandadoc is a one-stop shop for contract design and flow management. Although users are somewhat constrained during the design process of a document template, this can be managed with a working knowledge of CSS. Customer service is pretty good, although I think their onboarding process is a little over-the-top and should be more customized. I didn't think we needed 4+ meetings for onboarding.

Cons: It's currently impossible when designing templates to know simple things like the size and font of copy you're using. I'm told this will be fixed in a future iteration

• Reviewed on 20/01/2019
Ann L.
COO
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2017

"Great experience - a lot of features are available on premium accounts though which it too bad."

Comments: Faster to create proposals.

Pros: Being able to use drafts for proposals in an easy way.
Being able to send the documents directly on the app and to have electronic signature.
Being able to customize your document

Cons: The fact you cannot use "blocs or other features if you are not on premium accounts. Some functionalities seem crucial to a well functioning software, but only accessible on premium.
For example, we don't use many templates because we don't have access to content bloc/library to choose from so we just copy a document and make the changes.

Garrett G.
Marketing Manager ¿ Technology
  • Reviewed on 6/02/2019

"From A to Z, great experience"

Comments: Great experience. Everyone I've spoken with at PD has been extremely helpful, willing to accommodate, and the product works very well. I'm also happy that the pricing is completely on-point. 100% recommend to anyone needing a solution for proposals, contracts, etc.

Pros: This is one of those companies and products that has nailed it. The onboarding was SO quick - it took about two weeks to be in a position where my sales team can use the product. The onboarding support is great - very responsive, and the documentation is pretty good too, making self-serve work much easier. There were no unpleasant surprises with the integration and the use of the product is really easy. Love all the integration options and best of all, PandaDoc has a ton of flexibility when it comes to how to handle pricing.

Cons: The only thing that bugs me is that there's one field that can't be synced from Salesforce which seems to be more of an issue with how Salesforce stores data. Other than that I have no issues with PandaDoc.

• Reviewed on 6/02/2019
Associate Founder
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2020

"PandaDoc is an excellent document automation software."

Comments: PandaDoc includes essential office functions for creating, tracking and executing documents, as well as functions for electronic signatures.

Pros: The application integrates with CRM, as well as ERP, payment systems, Google Services, cloud storage Dropbox, Box and other systems. You can create quotes and contracts with custom templates that allow for branding, themes, and personalization options. Almost any file type can be downloaded and configured.

Cons: The need to pay a monthly fee for a full range of services. PandaDoc has a very slimmed-down free version, but Surevis has a 14-day free extended trial.

• Reviewed on 29/12/2020
Stephanie D.
Strategic Partnership Advisor
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/05/2020

"Perfect for the quick proposal"

Comments: When sending out a proposal it is important to have all information be consistent and correct. I love that each proposal contains uniform parts and still allows for necessary customization.

Pros: With PandaDoc the ease of using templates to quickly send out a proposal and update a proposal to make serving clients much quicker.

Cons: Sometimes the software will not import information from Nutshell. Also there still is no way to have my information autoload correctly.

• Reviewed on 4/05/2020
Ila R.
Partner Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2017

"Great way to create proposals but doesn't offer all the integrations that I need"

Comments: Can quickly send proposals and track when someone has viewed the proposals.

Pros: It is easy to use and makes sending proposals very easy. I like using the templates and the tokens. I like getting notified when someone has opened the proposal. I like sending reminders to people - of course, wish that could be automated on the pro version.

Cons: Some of the fields don't dynamically update. I wish someone could choose their price and the proposal would update accordingly. PandaDoc needs to integrate with quickbooks and other software for accounting. PandaDoc also doesn't work well for subscription business, which we are in.

Stella P.
Chief Of Operations
Automotive, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2018

"It is perfect for creating, modifying and signing documents reliably."

Comments: Customers who do not have the possibility to contact the company are very satisfied when signing documents with PandaDoc. The company generates, modifies if necessary and signs long-distance contracts. It is ideal for customers and for the company.

Pros: I love how easy it is to find information about our clients and how quickly we track contracts. PandaDoc is a product that gives us a very high ROI, thanks to which we managed to reduce the time of contract signings. We sign all documents quickly and very securely. The clients are satisfied thanks to the speed with which we sign the documents. It does not matter where we are.

Cons: We have not had problems since PandaDoc implemented. It is very suitable for company. Significantly increase the number of documents we sign. It is a reliable, fast and efficient.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2018