• Overall
    3.9 /5
    3.9 /5
    3.7 /5

About Insightly

Insightly CRM is for growing teams that want a flexible, easy-to-use, yet powerful CRM to centralize and manage customer data from the

Learn more about Insightly

Showing 25 reviews of 490

Elizabeth P.
Director, HR
Marketing & Advertising, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020

"Manage your business relationships with Insightly"

Comments: Insightly CRM has offered us a solution to practically all our samples, thanks to it I have obtained a lot of reliability to the projects that are carried out in the office maintaining the conviction that we constantly obtain more and better results. It is fully customizable and adaptable to our requirements, also thanks to this we have been able to capture a large number of new customers, renew contracts and interests with customers within our company. It is a very attractive tool and the results have been very professional, its functionality is totally successful and will recover your investment in the blink of an eye, do not miss the opportunity to obtain a system to manage relationships with your customers and enhance each area that makes up your company, being fully customizable to whatever your requirement.

Pros: Insightly has worked great to be able to direct excellent relationship management with our clients, either by creating them or maintaining them in a wide range of industries in a wide variety of fields, be they consulting, health, manufacturing, among others. Thanks to this tool we have been able to generate consistent quotes much more quickly taking advantage of all kinds of opportunities.

Cons: It is a bit difficult to maintain the integration or even integrate it with other tools, just as they do not present frequent updates and they are not very striking either, but in general terms I can confirm its excellent functionality.

• Reviewed on 26/02/2020
Zheng S.
Senior Software Specialist
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2020

"A versatile customer relationship management platform"

Comments: You can optimize your sales processes as you can track and control the performance of your sales teams and the status of sale deals. It allows you an easy task repetition by building sets of automated activity. You can create leads where all the information regarding your customers can be stored, and you can easily send automated emails to such leads. Its dashboard feature gives you easy reporting on the overall performance of your business and is customizable.

Pros: You can keep track of your sales, deal pipelines, along with other marketing and project management activities, all from this single platform. It also allows you to manage your contacts. If you are about to start a small business or project, this software is good for you as it offers its free version where two users are allowed for management. It helps you remove ambiguity from the sales pipeline while it enjoins project management and customer relations management.

Cons: Its user interface can be overwhelming for beginners. It is expensive software because its paid plans also lack a lot of basic features for which users have to purchase extra plans. If it could use integration with other social media platforms and channels, it would have been easier for users to run their marketing campaigns through this software on social platforms as well, but this platform lacks such features.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2020
Marketing Assistant
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Great for contact management from the perspective of customer support"

Comments: I use this daily to not lose my mind while trying to figure out information on a customer. More often than not I have to refer to our Insightly contact database to get all the information I need without having to wait on a customer to get back to me saving me on average maybe a full hour of productivity each day. Couldn't recommend it more for maintaining contacts between teams.

Pros: Great for contact management
Great for holding customer information
Huge time saver for our support team

Cons: The UI could use a touch up especially with everything that is on the market now. It feels a bit dated in presentation.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
Carolyn S.
Fund-Raising, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"intuitive and easy to use"

Pros: easy to customise pipeline, good online information support

Cons: unable to customise reports to the extent we need

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Enrolled Agent - Certified Tax Resolution Specialist
Financial Services
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2018

"A necessary tool to run my business. No more searching for client information."

Comments: Ease of Marketing and Sales process. Total contact management software that include picture of person. What a plus. Great training videos to guide all level of users. Wonderful opportunity to scale the software as the company grows from startup to height unknown. Pricing is fair and Insightly is not living on past accomplishments it is improving product continuously.

Pros: They offer a free version to evaluate. Since it is without a time limit I used it and gradually became totally dependent on it. During a planning meeting with staff it was determined we could increase our efficiency by adding the professional version that includes email marketing tools and an easy interface with MailChimp. Now they have my paid business. It is with confidence that I agree to pay them for a monthly service that will be used by all members of my company. The program can accommodate the growth curve in a company such as mine. We started out simply needing contact management software. Later as our sales and marketing needs became more our focus adding these features was an easy decision. There are many videos to quickly bring a new user up to speed. The experienced user can use the videos to explore the many functions that may yet be used by a company as needs and goals change. The reporting function has recently become important as we need to know the results of our marketing and sales efforts. The tool is there and ready for us to implement. I think the more our company commits to using Insightly the more our communication between owners and employees improves. We openly share information on Insightly and our feedback has been positive. In the past before Insightly, communication was dispersed informally and sometimes led to bad feelings due to the inefficiency of word of mouth. Insightly is constantly making changes and updates to its software.

Cons: Its not visually pretty. I know that is silly but staff has to look at it all day and they like pretty.
When a new user/employee first looks at program they make the mistake of thinking it is an old program. While I am able to bring them along and show them it isn't true, their first impression is a temporary detriment to their learning curve and acceptance of the program. In order for Insightly to be the awesome tool it is, requires employee and leader acceptance. Everyone on the team has input and others depend on that input to do their job. Sloppy work seems to come from lack of acceptance. Part of this is my responsibility as a leader to insist everyone use the tools as intended but again, if the program had a new interface and pretty colors it might make a difference. Personally I always choose function first and then presentation but input from staff is a factor I have to consider. One other area I would mention is the difference between leads and contacts. They are not intuitive to some people and I think a better explanation and reinforcement in training videos would make it easier for the new user. This confusion has lead to some mistakes by my users that require a bit of corrective action by more experienced users. There is very little for me to find wrong with Insightly that isn't based on personal style and preferences.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2018
Aaron F.
Construction, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 5/07/2019

"OMG!!!"

Comments: My business wouldn't run without it. I have too much to keep track of and it now stays all in one place.

Pros: Everything! There is so much here that makes things so much more organized! I have a virtual assistant that keeps it updated and I just roll through every day and continue with the projects. I'm in the field and upload pictures in real time that tie together. Projects run smoothly with all of the contact info for all of my subcontractors is right there in the project. My favorite feature is that insightly creates a unique email for every entry and I can CC: that email address whenever I email a client or subcontractor and it automatically stores under that entry. I can link projects to contacts and files and notes, and organizations. I can't say enough about this software!
Oh yeah, automations and auto creation of tasks based on stages in the project. I create activity sets that automatically create and assign tasks with start dates and due dates with the click of a button. SUCH A TIME SAVER!
Integration with my Google Drive, integration with my calendar, integration with my Quickbooks, integration with...... ..... ......

Cons: It has so much to offer that it can be a bit overwhelming to set up, but they offer a setup service. It works just great.

• Reviewed on 5/07/2019
Kevin L.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/11/2018

"Frustrating to get started"

Comments: Overall, I don't think Insightly is the right tool for me due to it's complex setup which I think can improve if there a bit more videos in their help-section. The walkthrus for basic setup are good, but I'd love to see more videos or improvements in workflow automation. I only trialed the software so I can't speak on it as if I were an expert, but I think Insightly has some benefits but just not the right tool for me.

Pros: I was looking for a G-Suite CRM and stumbled upon Insightly. I decided to give it a go and try out the free trial upon reading a few reviews. The main area I was interested in and found to be good was Insightlys e-mail tracking. I sent a test e-mail to both Gmail and Yahoo e-mails and found the tracking to be accurate. I can see how Insightly would be a value add for monitoring sent e-mails, and then creating an automation workflow to auto-add any leads who reply to a pipeline, but I wasn't able to figure out a workflow for it. I do believe it's possible however to not only add to a pipeline but even export the contacts who replied and save to perhaps something like Mailchimp for another customer-journey.

Cons: My first thought was that it looked really in terms of the feature set but I was a bit overwhelmed with the setup and it took me about 2 times to connect to GSuite although, it could have been a bug on my end rather than theirs. After connecting my GSuite account, I started to play around right away, setting up the leads section as I plan to use Insightly for Sales Tracking and lead scoring. I found the UX/UI a bit sluggish, and creating pipelines with custom attributes a bit cumbersome. I was hoping for a rich data-enrichment where all Company/People info would be filled out, but that aspect wasn't there.

• Reviewed on 6/11/2018
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"Insightly - Punching above its weight"

Comments: We manage our business in Insightly and integrate it via their API into other systems. As such it is a real boost to our productivity.

Pros: We have been using Insightly for many years and have seen it grow. While there is now a lot of very advanced functionality on it, the application is still simple and intuitive to use. It still appeals to small businesses but at the same time has a lot of functionality that you would expect on a much larger CRM system. For example it is possible to create custom objects and pages in order to adapt Insightly to your business' needs. There is a an API that allows for integrations with other applications and a workflow module to apply longer running processes.

Cons: Insightly started out targeting smaller businesses but can see the value in larger paying clients. As such the development contributions made to the lower tier subscriptions appear to be lacking. There has been a lot of new functionality aimed at the higher subscriptions whereas a few smaller but obvious wins have been ignored. This irritates the longer term loyal but smaller client base.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Thomas E.
  • Reviewed on 5/10/2016

"Almost Perfect - But not quite!"

Comments: After using many CRM systems from Salesforce, Zoho, Apptivo, Pipeline Deals, Pipedrive, Base CRM and more, Insightly is a 'breath of fresh air' (even though that is getting a bit stale lately - more on that shorty). Frankly, after looking at many of these systems, I was tempted to design and create my own system (I have been a software engineer for 30 years and own a software development firm as one of my companies). Yet I decided to give Insightly the last shot. It works great - almost the way I would have designed. There are some weaknesses as well, most of all the lack of the support teams response to multiple request of the same kind and promising future fixes that 'are just not coming'. That all said, Insightly is well rounded, has lots of integration options and works very well for most CRM needs, especially around customer service, contacting, tracking and task planing. Even light weight project management is included in 2 different forms - pipelines or more traditional but more complicated to use project management optionsl

Pros: Here are just a few pros:
* Easy to use and learn
* Integrated Light Weight Project Management
* Fast Response
* Great note taking
* Easy task tracking
* Great for sales cycles and customer service alike
* Useful Integrations
* Better User Interface than most (every tried Salesforce and couldn't find anything?)

Cons: A couple of Cons:
* Service - The guys and gals at Insightly need to learn to listen and pass information 'up the management chain'
* Task and Event Handling need improvement as reported by many clients
* Need fully functional 2-way sync with Google Calendar
* Need real workflow functionality instead of clunky Project Management (to their defense, lots of systems 'miss this one')

• Reviewed on 5/10/2016
Jackie P.
Executive Director
Philanthropy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/12/2018

"InSightly for Non-Profit Use"

Pros: Easy user interface
The InSightly University provides lots of quick, well made instructional videos
Free for a limited number of users
Great for tracking grants, related documents, & timelines

Cons: If you have over a certain number of records the platform begins to charge a fee - this would be fine if there was an easy way to delete "records". For example, if I'm working on a grant that is finite and generates 200 "records" -- if I only desire to keep the final project and do not need the records generated along the way; I have to go in and delete each one. As a non-profit with a relatively small budget, this is a great tool, but is too time-consuming to go back and individually delete. Right now, we are a small growing non-profit. I would pay for this service eventually but cannot do so at this time. So freeware platforms will end up with my business now where InSightly delivers on quality - affordability isn't there.

• Reviewed on 6/12/2018
Joel M.
Consultant
Nonprofit Organisation Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2019

"Easy-to-Use Customer Relationship Management System"

Pros: What I like most about this software is that it is an easy-to-use customer relationship management (CRM) system and also offers project management. What makes this software even better is that they offer a free version for business and individuals that only need 1 to 2 users. They begin to charge, per user, above their free 2 users.

Cons: There's not much not to like about this software.

by Insightly on 12/08/2019

Hi Joel, thanks so much for your kind words. We work hard to make Insightly a preferred CRM for businesses like yours and are thrilled you're making the most out of our platform. Thank you for being our valued customer. We look forward to helping you and your team reach new heights!

• Reviewed on 28/07/2019
Jenna M.
Communications Manager
Philanthropy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2019

"Perfect CRM for Small Businesses"

Comments: Overall Insightly is an affordable CRM that is intuitive to use (for its most basic features) but also has a slightly steeper learning curve to truly grasp all of its capabilities.

Pros: Insightly is a powerful, affordable CRM that has all the necessary features for a small business. The feature that my team finds most beneficial is the task assigning and tracking to make sure our 'to do lists' are getting done.

Cons: Insightly could use offer more social media and email integration. My organization would like all customer email communication to be sent with Insightly but we are not able to because of the limited emailing capabilities.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2019
Gordon M.
IT Support Technician
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2018

"Insightly has grown with us quite well."

Pros: When we first decided on Insightly back in 2016 we fumbled around for a month or two importing leads and creating pipelines that no longer exist now two years later. Insightly now hosts a massive data base of our clients and is our first go to when interacting with them. Our company now depends heavily on Insightly every day and through the years has become ever more familiar and easy to use.

Cons: Just the initial start up and launch as Insightly has many many functions to utilize and improve your customer relations management process, but through trial and error Insightly now easily makes up for the rough start.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Shannon G.
Software Developer - Supply Chain
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2020

"It is perfect platform for earning great business reputation"

Comments: Insightly gives us many different idea of report generation and allows managing delivery time periods. I think there is no Good app other then this to keep good estimation of sales funnel.

Pros: It has made very easy to observe overall sales activity through Insighlty. We use it through mobiles, laptops, personal computers likewise we synchronize data through many other applications like Gmail and office 365. It is playing a great role in our organization. Overall it is an excellent CRM that is providing wonderful services and helping us to build strong relations

Cons: Since we have been using Insightly I have not come across any major difficulty. It is working amazingly and providing great services.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2020
Nicj C.
Managing Partner
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/08/2018

"Growing up: Insightly"

Comments: Insightly would be a great beta. However, if you are looking for a developed and smooth interface without a huge learning curve it is not the best choice.

Pros: Seemingly easy to navigate, though using its full feature set will require some passionate googling. Also, seems to integrate with Google well (ish). The ability to customize the CRM with project management is nice. I like the idea of project management being right next to the CRM. It's wonderful. There are opportunities to automate some of this. The initial price is great, however, the extras are a bit pricey.

Cons: Insightly relies on tired party apps/integrations to create its streamlined workflows. Syncing contacts from Google requires an extra per user from a third party. I was surprised at the lack of basic function there. Setup interface is more of a giant control panel which is a bit overwhelming. Knowing where settings live takes a lot of click and hope. The interface is kindly described as clunky. Think google groups vs Trello. This app is more on the google groups side. It's functional. Insightly's feature set is somewhat deceptive when they are in sales mode. Yes it can do what it says. But, it's not as easy as it looks. As in, time can go die in their settings panels.

• Reviewed on 1/08/2018
Nicholas D.
Founder, Creative Director
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2018

"Really Good For Small Businesses"

Comments: We started using Insightly as a very small company when we recognized we needed a way to keep track of our clients as a team. We had outgrown email chains and had a growing client list and team, and Insightly was a free way to get started. Since then, we have upgraded plans with Insightly twice and they still do a very good job of keeping track of customers, projects, sales, and pipelines.

Pros: Keeping track of clients is easy, email integration is solid, and workflow setup is improving.

Cons: I wish there were a little more sophisticated automation for marketing purposes.

• Reviewed on 7/12/2018
Melissa L.
Behaviour Analyst
Primary/Secondary Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 3/10/2016

"insightly better match for me"

Comments: On a modest budget and with very limited knowledge of CRM software, I recently trailed SalesforceIQ to use as my first CRM software for my small skills training business where I handle client inquiries, registrations, invoicing via QB online and other case management activities. For salesforce to do what I wanted it to, I would have needed to go beyond the 'out-of-the-box' version which was way beyond my price range. I looked into Insightly which offers both client tracking and project management. I have been so happy with the ease-of-use of this software and the ways that I can customize my use of it with the smark project management aspects which I can link to contacts and leads easily to keep track of waitlists for upcoming training blocks. Although Insightly requires me to use a link when emailing clients outside of insightly to sync these correspondences (unlike Salesforce which does this automatically for you), I actually prefer this method which gives me an extra layer of assurance that my practices are following more stringent privacy standards - I also turned off the auto-search social profiles function to remain compliant with my privacy policies (no-one consented to that and I don't need to collect that info). I am still working on making the interface seamless for what I want it to do, but it is already saving me so much time and stress in keeping track of all my leads and no missing out on potential business. I love the email templates as well! Worth every penny!

• Reviewed on 3/10/2016
Monique M.
Realtor
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 8/06/2017

"I use Insightly to keep our real estate business organized."

Comments: Better organization & information at my fingertips

Pros: This is my CRM, plus I can track leads, property inventory, offers & contract to close using completely customizable pipelines. I can set reminders to be emailed to me. Tasks can be generated automatically. Files & notes can be added, so everything concerning a property is easily accessible. Plus, multiple users can have access.

Cons: Once you set it up, it's very user friendly but it does take a small time commitment to customize it. It's worth the set up time because once it's in place, it's a time saver.

• Reviewed on 8/06/2017
Ryan W.
Data Analyst
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2018

"Small Business CRM"

Comments: Insightly is a cornerstone of our business, and works well for us right now.

Pros: Insightly manages all of our leads and contacts very well. It comes with filtering that lets us find targeted leads for our clients.

Cons: Slow and clunky. Sometimes buggy when dealing with large amounts of data.
Our team has about 180,000 contacts, and Insightly sometimes can't even deal with filtering for 200-500 contacts.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2018
Scott A.
Account managers
Mining & Metals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2017

"Excellent CRm for the money"

Comments: The ability to access my entire CRM through my smart phone.

Pros: Mobile capability is excellent. Great value for the money. Wonderful ability to track projects and open opportunities. And produce reports.

Cons: Mobile app lags a bit. Also the interaction with the Phone application on the iPhone could function smoother. You have to push three different buttons in order to make a phone call through the application.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2017
Monique M.
REALTOR
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2018

"Excellent program with the flexibility to personalize your settings."

Comments: Having the CRM & Transaction management together is wonderful!

Pros: CRM & transaction management in one program, integrates well with gmail, ability to customize, email task reminders, mobile app

Cons: Since the new upgrades were released, they have nested information together rather than having a separate button for notes, tasks, files etc. It's cumbersome to get to Notes & they are automatically sorted oldest first so I'm always having to resort them to get to the most recent. Tasks are jumbles in with emails instead of having each separate. Frustrating!

• Reviewed on 17/06/2018
Vince K.
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Insightly! This was a game changer for us."

Pros: There's so much to like. As you'd expect, you can create organizations and link contacts to them for easy access to client information. The project tool is a lifesaver! Since we implemented this and the custom Activity Sets our efficiency and accuracy has gone through the roof. Everyone on the team is on the same page and it helps us serve our clients even better.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Samantha L.
Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2020

"Feature-rich, but a little hard to use"

Pros: It seems to have many features, and many things are possbile. I also see a lot of third-party integrations possible.

Cons: There are many features, and many configurations and I'm a bit confused as to how to configure or customize it to my needs. There is no live chat support, which leaves me in a hard position to get the most out of the software.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2020
Melinda P.
Entrepreneur
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2019

"Insightly is a great CRM and easy to use"

Comments: My experience with Insightly has been great and has helped me to stay on top of my short and long term goals.

Pros: I love the to-do list and the fact that it makes it so much easier in business to keep everyone on the same page. I also love the ease of use of this CRM. I've used others that are much more complicated and have quite the learning curve.

Cons: The costs of the paid verson is a little bit out of my budget and the free version doesn't offer the same perks.

by Insightly on 4/11/2019

Hi Melinda, Thank you for your feedback and enthusiasm about Insightly CRM! Your experience and satisfaction with Insightly CRM are our priority and we're excited your experience reflects that. We look forward to creating many more great Insightly CRM moments for you. Make sure to keep up with Insightly news and updates, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2019
Kristy W.
Software Developer
Internet, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2019

"Superb product with splendid customer support"

Comments: In short I would say all the features of this product are good enough to uphold my workflow in a very stunning way.

Pros: With the help of this am able to track all my deliverables as well to make my customers satisfied from its amazing efficiencies and also helps in the better growth of my business. Pricing plans of this specific product are of great use in order to manage all the businesses regardless of their size.

Cons: The customer support system of this unique application helps me to get my solutions in just few minutes without any longer waiting. I am satisfied with each and every feature of this fabulous tool.

by Insightly on 2/10/2019

Thanks so much for your kind note, Kristy. At Insightly we work hard to make sure our customers have a great experience with our platform and are able to build lasting relationships with their own customers. Your feedback means a world to us and inspires us to keep up the good work. Cheers, the Insightly team

• Reviewed on 25/09/2019