• Overall
    3.9 /5
    3.9 /5
    3.7 /5

About Insightly

Insightly CRM is for growing teams that want a flexible, easy-to-use, yet powerful CRM to centralize and manage customer data from the

Learn more about Insightly

Sherae D.
communications officer
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2021

"Very reliable, makes record keeping easy"

Comments: Overall not a bad software. Provides opportunities to improve customer service.

Pros: Very reliable tool that allows you to document everything from start to finish easily. I like the fact that it offers many features that other apps are charging us for. It also operates well with other marketing initiatives.

Cons: Task portion of the app is a bit complicated and takes too many steps. Hate that notes aren't automatically refreshed.

• Reviewed on 25/03/2021
Director of Marketing
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/01/2021

"Support SUCKS"

Comments: NEVER have I been satisfied and it is the clunkiest, most user-unfriendly, counter-intuitive POS I have ever dealt with.

Pros: Cloud-based - I liked the ability to use on my handheld.

Cons: So.Many.Bugs. For example, I just added another user. They billed me immediately with absolutely no explanation of review of costs or anything (it would be nice to have a "Proceed" button. They are absolute jerks. And then, I try to add that used and NOWHERE to be found is "System Setting: to add a new user. Help gave me the answer but it doesn't exist in the actual program. Its a nightmare. Tried twice to ask for support via their email support system - NADA. Called, and got "please use email" and then got hung up on. Needless to say, we're looking.

• Reviewed on 4/01/2021
Melissa B.
Management Consulting
    3.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2015

"Insightly: The Sports Car of CRM's"

Pros: Having worked with clients using a variety of CRM’s we’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. I often times refer to insightly as the sports car of CRM’s because it allows companies to manage sales, contacts, projects, opportunities and client fulfillment in a very clean, efficient and user-friendly way. Some of the features I love best are their pipelines and activity sets. For companies that are managing lots of clients at different stages of fulfillment, Insightly’s pipeline feature helps all the players involved know exactly what they need to do and when. The client profile makes it easy for me to link contacts to organizations or note other important relationships. The ability to save my email communication and related tasks to a contact has become an essential part of how we use Insightly and it’s intuitive ability to save any attached files I send is another feature I love. Other favorite features are their mass emailing tool within the CRM. I can send a personalized email to a group of clients without having to write individual emails. A task management feature that allows me to see on one screen what I’m working on for each of my clients and in all areas of my business. With one click I can see what each of my employees is working on, what’s been done. You can create custom tagging systems to easily sort and find clients in your database. In one place see all of the projects you’re currently working on and where they are in the process of completion. Insightly’s Gmail gadget makes it easy to assign tasks, create projects, save emails, add or update contact email easily from within your email. No more switching back and forth from program to program. Insightly University provides a good training source for new users in addition to their highly responsive customer service team. I also have to mention all the strategic partnerships that makes using Insightly with other programs really seamless. For example, Mailchimp, evernote, DropBox and Google Apps for Business to name a few. Sure, there are lots bigger more robust CRM’s out there, but I don’t want to drive a Mack truck every day. I like my sports car. :)

Cons: Insightly's calendar doesn't work for me, but I use google calendar and haven't missed it. I wish you could customize what you want to see on the home page. Right now it's just a running list of the activity on your accounts, but not super helpful in my opinion. Right now you have to manually advance pipelines. It would be nice to set them to advance to the next stage once all the activity sets are complete.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2015
Tom C.
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 9/04/2015

"Insightly offers great features, ease of use, and low cost."

Pros: Insightly is a very powerful toolkit, and incorporates both CRM and project management into the same application.  This makes it easier to keep track of status, and gives a single list of tasks which can show everything that needs to happen organized by person or by project. Insightly has more powerful sales pipeline management, strong task management, and integrates CRM and projects.   I use Google Apps for Business. Insightly has a direct integration with Google Apps.  This makes user management simple, and allows me some "extras" because their tool works nicely with Gmail.

Cons: On the negative side, the permissions are more "liberal" than some competitors making it harder to block people from access to project information. You need to have a user account for every person working on each project, which may mean you have to buy a larger number of users than are in your organization.

• Reviewed on 9/04/2015
Krystal K.
Editor
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2020

"Insightly is a CRM with a very clean interface that is easy to navigate"

Comments: Insightly is my favorite CRM. I love the app version, and I am able to connect Insightly with other apps. It offers great value for the product, and customer support is good, and responsive.

Pros: I love Insightly because it has a clean look that is easy on the eyes, and it is a very intuitive CRM, unlike many others that can overwhelm or be confusing.

Cons: Hard to think of many drawbacks with this CRM. Sometimes I wish the community pages and discussion boards were more lively.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2020
David K.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"Easy to implement and it's very affordable"

Comments: Keeps thing organized, the price is right.

Pros: We've been using it for 5 years. Small Retail online/brick mortar for customer follow up. 3 users, it makes it easy to follow and get updates about tasks. the gadget that interfaces with gmail is convenient.

Cons: My staff that are in their 20's say the new UI is confusing and harder to use, so we stay with the older UI.
The side bar chrome extension was suppose to make things easy but after trying it for a month my staff avoids it.
Customer service is mediocre , they only wanted to help if I were going to upgrade to a higher level. I wanted to fist resolve over 700 contact dups. They said I had to do it manually! Emailing - Bcc'ing insightly each time I send an email seems so old style. When I get a rely the email does not go into the same thread, seems to me that is standard now a days.
I've been using it so long I know what it's missing so we take extra notes or have links from the email in the notes so other staff can see or find the thread.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2018
John T.
Regional Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2018

"CRM software that promises ease of use, but just can't seem to deliver"

Comments: Insightly's CRM software has been essential for our sales reporting and tracking requirements.

Pros: The dashboard interface is convenient and graphically easy to navigate, and it is an attractive interface. Some of the sections are simple and understandable by anyone first using the software.

Cons: It is difficult to generate reports unless those reports have been pre-configured. To generate a new report requires a substantial amount of input in fields which are not easy to understand. Though the dashboard is easy to understand and navigate, many of the other opening pages are not. And it offers some very confusing pop-ups, such as in "Projects" it asks you to "Check out the Kanban view for projects" without explanation of what exactly the "Kanban" is. Additionally, if you enter a sales lead, it is very difficult to convert it to an "opportunity." Also, when you create a new contact and associate it with an existing company or account, you wold expect it to give you the option of importing the account's address and phone numbers to the new contact's fields -- but it doesn't, and you have to enter those again. Finally, I do wish there were more "help" menus (question marks) surrounding some of the entry fields that you could click for an instant explanation or guide.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2018
Walter D.
co-director
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"my review"

Comments: coordination of our efforts. we have raised our planning horizon to 2 or 3 weeks out. We do a significant amount of USPS mailings through the year, approx 15,000 letters. Insightly has ignored the problem and has left it up to us to plod our way through a process they could drastically reduce.

Pros: Connectivity of all its functions. Speed of accessing data

Cons: Too many pebbles in the shoe! They move on with the sizzle, but ignore the steak.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Tim J.
Voice Over Artist / Owner
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2017

"Insightly was my runner up when picking a CRM. The automation looked awesome."

Comments: What I wanted to do would be more work in Insightly, but for a lot of businesses, this one is it.

Pros: Insightly is a great contender in the small business CRM market. I had looked at many others (there are a TON of CRM out there), basing my criteria on integration with accounting software, ease of managing client information, and ease of managing client projects. Unfortunately, none of the CRM I looked at has strong integration into the accounting software that I ultimately went with. Insightly seems to have some great automation to help out with managing projects, but where it got beat out was the managing of client information. Since a lot of my business is conducted through social media, another software beat it in ease of integration with those applications.

Cons: As with some of my other reviews, I don't find much not to like with Insightly. It does what it does very well, it just isn't as integrated into social media as some of it's competitors. If I were doing less prospecting and research on clients- such as if I had a business where people were coming to me to get something made or repaired, then Insightly would be the winner. As it is, I spend most of my day finding prospects to put in the pipeline, and that would be more work with this product.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2017
John T.
Doctor of Chiropractic / Director of Marketing / Editor
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2018

"Free trial without limitations"

Comments: Great product.

Pros: This product has a wide array of CRM tools and applications to work with including Google suite, Gmail, Docs, MailChimp, Outlook, Evernote, QuickBooks and more. The mobile accessibility was incredibly useful for on the go client relation management and is compatible with iPhone, Mac products, and Android phones and tablets as well.
When navigating the "dashboard" Insightly offers real time reports and even probability of gaining new business and the value of specified clients. The project management function is fantastic. Once you've opened an account with a client, you can manage follow-ups and track progress on commitments and business along with history of conversations and specific details that can be utilized in the future for personable experiences. Insightly does a great job at distinguishing leads from clients, it's highly customizable, and removes the requirement of other project management tools you may be utilizing. The layout is similar to Facebook.

Cons: Some additional features that are highly useful need to be payed for in addition to the software. Transparency on this would have been useful. If you're in healthcare, you may run into an issue with HIPPA compliance.

• Reviewed on 11/10/2018
Justin R.
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"Powerful CRM Tool and So Much More"

Comments: Insightly makes managing client relationships, prospecting, and marketing as simple as a single, fully-integrated platform that allows you to utilize and compare insights across all of those arms of your business.

Pros: Its seamless integration across all devices and its full feature platform that functions not only as a CRM, but also a project manager, lead router, and marketing automation hub. It is the one-stop shop for pretty much every internal software every business needs.

Cons: Because of its multi-faceted functionalities there can be a bit of a learning curve associated with onboarding the product, and it also can get relatively expensive compared to other CRMs. Although, once you factor in the fact that it replaces several other tools you are likely already paying for, the value makes up for itself quickly.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2019
Dave R.
Entertainment
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2017

"HORRIBLE experience with Insightly."

Comments: We've been looking around for a new system for the past few months. Insighly has a lot of great features but we've run into way too many problems using it.

Pros: * CRM and project management together in the same application * Easy navigation between clients, leads, tasks, etc * User-friendly interface

Cons: Far too many features are missing and it seems like Insightly just isn't in a hurry to make the necessary features available such as: * Can't send HTML emails from within Insightly. It's 2016 -- HTML email has been around for a long time. It's so hard to believe that this isn't a priority for them. * Can't PRINT any of the data from within Insightly. This is a necessary feature for our company (and I'd think for ANY company). What good can our data do for our company if it can't be printed out? * There always seems to be some kind of bug with the Google calendar integration. Items appear as one date inside of Insightly and another date inside Google Calendar. * Cost of service is ridiculously overpriced when compared to the basic functionality that is missing. Cost of $35/month per user means that it could cost us $350/month to migrate our team to Insightly -- we simply CAN NOT JUSTIFY SPENDING $4200 per year on a system that isn't fully functional. * SLOW, SLOW, SLOW customer service / tech support. I reported an issue last September and I received a notification 7 months later that it has been resolved. Why do simple fixes take so long? * They do NOT listen to what their customers want and instead choose to roll out new "features" that no one was asking for in the first place. We want HTML email and we want to be able to PRINT. Why is that so hard to do?

Michael D.
Client Liaison
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2019

"Saves my life"

Comments: Insightly is responsible for being my memory storage and helping me keep promises through constant reminders and simple organization.

Pros: I like the tasks feature the most on Insightly. The ability to easily share, track, include comments, attach emails and prioritize today's tasks makes life manageable.

Cons: I like least that there are still features I don't know how to use. I wish that there weren't so many ways to assign tasks - to organizations or people.

by Insightly on 16/09/2019

Hi Michael! Thank you for your feedback and enthusiasm about Insightly CRM! Your experience and satisfaction with Insightly CRM are our priority and we're excited your experience reflects that. We look forward to creating many more great Insightly CRM moments for you. Make sure to keep up with Insightly news and updates, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2019
Ted T.
Account Manager
Writing & Editing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2018

"Good value for money"

Comments: I really enjoy using Insightly, overall. It has helped our team collaborate extensively, and has really cut down on back and forth on account ownership/account coordination/etc. I highly recommend it!

Pros: I really enjoy the ease of use, the collaborative aspect, the customization, the integration with outlook, and the ability to live within the ecosystem. I have experience with other CRM systems (SalesForce, Millenium, Abila, Raier's Edge, etc.), but this one has an easy and functional learning curve.

Cons: Easily the most difficult aspect of the software is the inability to change certain core features. Specifically, the inability to add more than one email address (e.g., add a secondary). I understand that it is this way because of reporting requirements for the hard-baked report options, however it makes certain aspects of the software less intuitive and workable.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2018
E'lona M.
Agency Owner
Public Relations & Communications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2018

"One of the best CRM's on the market"

Pros: Insightly offers a robust CRM in their free and premium versions... maybe a little too much in the free version, though you get to choose which parts of the CRM you will use most, like Contacts, Leads, Email, Tasks, Opportunities, Organizations, and Project, just to name a few. The free trial sets you up with a premium version so you can see what you will get, but for single users and very small teams, the basics are probably only needed for contact/lead follow up details.

Cons: Currently, Insightly is a wee bit costly for individuals on a budget. But the free version should suffice until the premium version is needed.

• Reviewed on 25/04/2018
José luis O.
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2020

"A complete CRM for mid business"

Comments: A good option if you are new in CRM since is a fair cost and price valued software. Easy to integrate to Google and G suites as well as to export all the contacts and information needed.

Pros: Interface helps you to get familiar with a CRM when you are recently introduce to customer administration matters. Since leads, to contacts, to opportunities, this CRM lets you to keep track ps every person that gets in touch with your business, even when is not your customer yet. Easy to configure, get relationships of common organization, connects one client with other when they are referrals. Let you administrate since your sales funnel to your current customer relationship.

Cons: You definitively need to spend good time in the initial configuration; trying to modify on the road can really get you in trouble and have no real numbers.
In order to have the best experience, basic plans might let you off to enjoy all the functionalities as dashboard design.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2020
Bartholomew G.
Sales and Marketing Manager
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"Long time user verging toward long-suffering user"

Pros: Great CRM and Pipeline Management out the box! Contact Syncing for Google is great - despite minor issues. Good simple project lists. Links nicely to Mailchimp and Xero.

Cons: Very very poor project management. You will need to use other packages for almost anything. No resource management. No Gantt charts. No visibility. Email integration is rudimentary. Task integration is non-existent. No Office 365 contact synchronisation.

• Reviewed on 14/03/2018
PR Manager
Public Relations & Communications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/10/2019

"Great project management tool for remote teams"

Comments: It doesn't allow anything to fall through the cracks.

Pros: It is very easy to use and intuitive. I work in a remote team and Insightly helps us to organize all our ongoing projects. I like that each pipeline stage can be assigned to a particular user, and that user will be notified via email when it is his/her turn to work on the project.

Cons: None. It does everything I need for my job scope.

• Reviewed on 20/10/2019
Business Development Specialist
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/08/2019

"Decent software option that gets the job done"

Comments: The search function is pretty limited. Also it does not scan for duplicates or similar leads that are duplicates

Pros: I work in sales and we are constantly qualifying leads, setting appointments, and then moving them along in the sales process. I like that it has a mobile app and it gets the job done.

Cons: I can't stand that you cannot mass delete the #tags feature.

by Insightly on 9/08/2019

Hi, thanks so much for your kind words. We work hard to make Insightly a preferred CRM for businesses like yours and are thrilled you're making the most out of our platform. Thank you for being our valued customer. We look forward to helping you and your team reach new heights!

• Reviewed on 6/08/2019
Adam M.
Business Development
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2017

"All around a really good CRM!"

Comments: Insightly might offer the best bang for your buck when it comes to CRMs. The ease of use is great and the layout/design is very clean. I would mainly use the system for staying on top of tasks and project management. The only downside compared to other CRMs is the email function, which I found to be limited.

Pros: Easy to use, intuitive design, and the certain functions like the task list, calendar, and project management tools were top notch.

Cons: If you plan to do a lot of email marketing, this may not be the CRM for you. Email blasts were not really an option with Insightly.

Hector F.
  • Reviewed on 9/04/2018

"Great CRM"

Pros: We used Insightly for many years as our primary CRM. It was a great, cheaper alternative to something like salesforce, and allowed us to capture and retain valuable client information for our sales team.

Cons: I would have liked a stronger duplicate checker that would prevent us from creating duplicate accounts.

• Reviewed on 9/04/2018
David K.
General Manager
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2019

"Simple CRM - but a little confusing"

Comments: I like the product, been using it for 3 years, but dislike the search interface and functionality and lack of phone support.

Pros: Cloud based so it’s available everywhere, Insightly nicely tracks your sales efforts. Use the google chrome extension or better yet - bcc - your Insightly internal email and all of your correspondence send up in the system creating new contacts and organizations automatically. Pretty slick. Go back in and add notes and schedule follow up tasks.

Cons: Searching is confusing. If I search for a phone number to see if I have already contacted this person and the phone. Number is not found, a list of all contacts is returned instead is a not found message. Seems that whenever our team tries to see if that contact is in our database already we don’t get acccurate results. Maybe it’s us but this is 3 people that are relatively intelligent and all having the same frustration. I looked for a support number to speak with someone to see what we are doing wrong - doesnt exist.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2019
Bianca L.
Business Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 1/08/2018

"Easy to use software!"

Pros: Recently we switched from Salesforce to Insightly. This is a perfect software for a smaller, growing company. It's extremely easy to use. The cost was much lower than previous softwares we used and it has all the same features we were utilizing.

Cons: When you sign up you only get two trainings where they walk you through the platform and teach you what features you have and how to set them up. If you need anymore you have to pay which I don't agree with. However, as I mentioned before it's extremely easy to use and when I have had questions in the past they have responded right away.

• Reviewed on 1/08/2018
Steve H.
Vice President
Management Consulting
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2016

"Handles Our Highest Priority Needs Expediently"

Pros: We use currently use Insightly to manage our contacts, notes and tasks. We consider these our basic, high priority items. Insightly handles these in a straightforward, easy to use and easy to implement manner. We also believe the learning curve is manageable and that Insightly is a cost effective choice for basic CRM. We use both the desktop and mobile applications of Insightly. We recognize that Insightly has additional functionality that we may decide to begin using in the future as our CRM efforts mature.

Cons: We investigated a number of CRM applications in our process of choosing Insightly. We did not find any glaring omissions or show stoppers with the Insightly application.

• Reviewed on 23/09/2016
Nancy D.
Co-Founder
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"Insightly keeps me on track"

Comments: For a small operation like mine, this is an outstanding CRM tool that does what I need.

Pros: I love the way I can access my emails, events and notes by multiple channels including opportunities, projects, contacts or companies. As a company with two principals, this has everything we need in a CRM to share information.

Cons: Linking my calendar is the most difficult part of this software but even that is not that big of deal.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2019