• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.1 /5

About Mailjet

Build Together. Send Smarter.
The email solution for fast-moving teams.

Learn more about Mailjet

Showing 25 reviews of 326

Kenneth A.
Managing Partner
Staffing & Recruiting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2019

"Best Value Out There"

Pros: The software is easy to use and I can prepare a "mailing" fairly quickly with templates that I've set up for various types of occasions. The price is very reasonable and the reports are fantastic. I'm able to reach my target markets better when I download the reports and track who opens and "clicks" through my messages.

Cons: Everything is great. I wish that there could be more templates for the emails to give me more "looks" when I do "mailings"

• Reviewed on 20/09/2019
Isaac B.
Executive Director
Think Tanks, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2019

"A solid option for managing email lists."

Pros: Ease of use
A plethora of features
Messages arrive to inbox (not spam)
Good analytics
Overall value is good

Cons: Mailjet limits your sending rate at first
Some features could be more customizable (e.g. subscriber forms/widgets)
Can be a bit complicated to add sender addresses and verify URLs

• Reviewed on 25/09/2019
Mauro B.
Developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 3/03/2020

"Great service at reasonable prices"

Comments: The problem of spam definitively solved, integration in the servers very fast, excellent

Pros: I solved the spam problem without large configurations, thanks to their fully qualified servers. It was what I needed

Cons: I would love to have the option to pay for the service annually and not only monthly, obviously prepaid

• Reviewed on 3/03/2020
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/12/2019

"Steer clear if you're looking to send a large volume of emails"

Comments: Overall, if you want to send a little bit of email with webhooks and api calls, this will work. If you're sending large scale campaigns, it could ruin your email list size because of the lack of functionality around reengagement campaign parameters.

Pros: The sales people and customer support were very nice. If you were looking to use the free tier or send low volume of emails then MailJet will do the job (ie: in place of MailChimp) however, if you're looking at this v's constantcontact or sendgrid, selligent etc then I would definitely not go with MailJet.

Cons: MailJet do not want clients to use them as a databasing tool which means, if you have a segment of users who are engaged and opened 20 times in the last 30 days and you want to get those email addresses to push into facebook to find a look alike audience...you can't. MailJet won't let you get that data. They also blacklist your softbouncing emails in the background and limit the characters in subject lines.

by Mailjet on 13/12/2019

Hi - thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to send us an email to [email protected] and we'd be happy to look into your account. In the meantime, we apologize for any inconvenience. Our platform and API is designed to handle higher volumes and as long as our Sending Policy is adhered to, we will be able to address any of your issues. Thanks again, the Mailjet team.

• Reviewed on 3/12/2019
Co-Founder
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/05/2019

"Transactional / Triggered emails are so easy to setup"

Comments: Overall, it has been a positive experience. As a startup company, we initially went with a competitor and hit many roadblocks, so we wound up with MailJet and it has been smooth sailing.

Pros: So far, I have mostly only used the transactional emails. Our developer found this solution and it integrated with our platfrom through the API very smooth. My role was to create and design the email templates. It was very intuitive to use and has a vast feature set. I quickly setup 15+ custom templates within a few hours. The developer had them connected and running within a couple days.

Cons: The reporting is a bit confusing compared to other email tools I have used. When I had to go and find if someone was triggered a transactional email and it wasn't easy to find the information I needed.

• Reviewed on 9/05/2019
Marko A.
CEO & Founder
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2019

"Mailjet for hosting company"

Comments: We are using mailjet services for years, we are hosting company so we send big ammounts of mails, before we started using mailjet, our mails went to spam, and we have been oftenly listed in spamhaus dbl, but since using mailjet, we do not have that problem, and our mail score is now good.

Pros: Its easy to use, simple, and cheap for ammount of mail they offer.

Cons: I couldnt find option to read sent mail (to see mail content).

• Reviewed on 13/03/2019
Waqas A.
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2021

"One of the best news letter service"

Comments: Overall they are offering good services in the budget if you want to build and send a newsletter weekly.

Pros: Easy to use newsletter builder included, Can test the service a free plan including 6000 mails per month. Can be used as a mail delivery service such as an SMTP.

Cons: Required monthly subscription if you are sending more than 6000 emails per month. Somehow costly as compared to other services.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2021
Dr. greg S.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2019

"Their Customer Service is the worst"

Comments: The problem I have with Mailjet is that I sent them $50 from Paypal, which they accept. It never appeared on my account and they say they never received it, despite my giving them all of the transaction details. They refuse to acknowledge the payment or give me a refund. Their customer service was slow, demeaning, and utterly useless. How does the "accounting team" not find a transaction after giving them every last detail of the transaction? I wonder if they are actually malicious?

Pros: Relatively easy to set up and use, Cheap

Cons: Strictly transactional and they shut down my account immediately (which is fine as I am new to this, but they should have made that clearer as I signed up), horrible customer service

by Mailjet on 26/11/2019

Hello, we understand your frustration and we are here to help. Looking into your account further, it is clear that we never received the $50 deposit you are referencing. It should be possible for you to request a charge back from PayPal, and if you need our support confirming this error, please let us know in the support ticket. Again, we apologize for any delay and we want to help with fixing the situation. Best, the Mailjet team.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2019
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/12/2017

"positive experience"

Comments: deliverability for your emails

Pros: it works! even free version is full of features needed by a small online business to run smoothly the every day e-mail needs.

Cons: the user interface can be a little bit better, but this is not so important, after all the perfect software does not exist

• Reviewed on 4/12/2017
Karl R.
Owner / Business Development
Financial Services
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2017

"Have used Mailjet since 2011 across multiple businesses and clients."

Pros: Easy to set up and configure for multiple delivery platforms, and consistently reliable. Excellent delivery rates.

Cons: Reporting can be a little out of sync sometimes, a minor issue in the scheme of things. Reporting granularity could be better, i.e. more detail

Thomas L.
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2016

"Robust emailing system"

Comments: We use Mailjet as our main email system for our application TIMEKO (www.timeko.net) to send emails for the app operations (registration, forgot password, send messages by email channel etc..). Mailjet guarantee a good delivery and easy tracking real-time graphics. The API is easy to use.
LINKAVIE provides TIMEKO Web and mobile App, a new multi-channel messaging system by Yes or No to identify quickly a competent person you need within your community

Pros: Mailjet is quite fair in price, good technically, good API, good and easy to use admin interface.

Cons: Support only by email.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2016
Sascha V.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2019

"Mailjet"

Comments: Very good

Pros: Nice company to do business with
Very good and fast service.

Cons: If you have payment issues, there system automatics downgrade without any warning.
So the next time, your discounts are gone.

• Reviewed on 23/01/2019
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2019

"Good"

Comments: I’ve been forced to use such company due to running a google cloud instance that doesn’t allow outbound SMTP. Thankfully, Mailjet offer a free plan which is enough to get you up and running.
I find the website easy to navigate. It checks DKIM & DMARC status and provides easy instructions on how to correct such records.
I’ve had to use support which was prompt and helpful considering I’m on a free plan and have been for a year or so.
I’ve not used any of the e-mail marketing functions so I’m unable to comment on those services but it certainly serves for me as a message relay service and I’m not sure what more it could offer.

Pros: Free plan. Intuative interface. DKIM / DMARC Recording checking.

Cons: Some of messages relayed appear in the 'forum' tabs of gmail but that's possibly due to misconfiguraiton on my part somehwere.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2019
Manager of Database Administration
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2019

"Mailjet Is my Favorite"

Pros: I love using Mailjet and have recommended my clients use it as well. It is a great way to send SMTP email, especially since the hosting providers offer such a lack luster approach to doing this.

Cons: Nothing, I seriously have no issues with this product.

• Reviewed on 22/01/2019
Yoan R.
Communication manager
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2017

"I'm using Mailjet to send newsletters once a week, to more than 15 000 receivers per month."

Pros: Mailjet provides a lot of interessant statistics. It gives us an overview of how our messages are treated.

Cons: Mailjet should warn us when some services are suddenly blocked... Even if it's caused by our credit card payment. How can I notice that there is something wrong if I don't get any warning ?

• Reviewed on 17/05/2018

"Neat, clean and trouble free."

Comments: Easier marketing to a potentially large number of potential customers.

Pros: The interface is good, which means it's easy to get started. The choice of templates lets you send better-looking mailers. The reporting is excellent, allowing you to drill down into the response data and see where you have been most successful. The 200 free per day is generous, given that you can schedule five different mailers to a total of 1000 people over a working week. The scheduling tool allows your message to arrive at the most opportune time.

Cons: Some of the setup procedures are a bit clunky, particularly reusing previous text and layouts. I suppose the five point certification statement about opt-in is a necessary evil. In the reporting it would be useful to know more about the nature of the bounces, or even the detail of the message.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2018
Anna M.
Marketing Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2019

"An easy to use platform for Email marketing"

Comments: Overall Mailjet is fine for sending marketing newsletters and targeted campaigns if you have a large customer database and you do not want to pay extra money for that. I can say nothing about sending transactional emails through Mailjet, as I have not tried this feature yet.

Pros: My experience with Mailjet is rather positive. I've tried some other mass mailing platforms and I can say that Mailjet offers good value for money. Mailjet is quite easy to set up, template design tool gives you everything you need to create a nice-looking newsletter. The analytics gives you necessary insights into your marketing campaign. The support team was always quite responsive to my claims and willing to help.

Cons: The email sending limitation when you first start sending out mailers with Mailjet is one reason to be annoyed when you have a large customer database. It is not always easy to find out the reason why an email is blocked by Mailjet. However, for me the most annoying thing is that you may get kicked out of the system quite often for no particular reason in the middle of designing or manually sending out mailers.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2019
Aqeel M.
Music, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/10/2018

"Mailjet is where it's at!"

Pros: Mailjet is an excellent email marketing solution no matter your business size. It's user friendly interface, and ease of use makes it the perfect platform for those who don't have the time to waste fiddling around with a time consuming, and cumbersome process to create a professional looking, and eye catching email.

Cons: Mailjet really doesn't have any cons per se. However, I do think that they could make some of the backend features like SMTP and API a bit more user friendly, and consumer accessible.

• Reviewed on 3/10/2018
Kent G.
  • Reviewed on 1/10/2018

"Great Email Marketing Solution"

Comments: Great value and features! Easy-to-use and advanced features aren't limited to an enterprise account like some other solutions / services are.

Pros: Great value and features! Easy-to-use and advanced features aren't limited to an enterprise account like some other solutions / services are.

Cons: Would like to see credits carry over from month to month.

• Reviewed on 1/10/2018
Ben W.
Territory Sales Director
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2018

"Helps drive sales."

Pros: Easy to use and helps drive sales numbers. We can reach multiple leads with one campaign saving time and money.

Cons: Limited formatting when trying to create a new campaign. If there were more options on formats it would be helpful.

by Mailjet on 6/04/2018

Hello Ben,
thank you for your review. We note your remark about formatting and we hope you continue having a good experience with Mailjet.

Best,
The Mailjet Crew

• Reviewed on 29/03/2018
Ardian B.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Fantastic features"

Comments: I'm using mailjet as transactional email and news letter. One sentence, it is easy to use.

Pros: I already have required features for mail marketing from Mailjet. From SMTP to campaign and contact list.
Sending limit for free account is high comared to other competitors. Love it

Cons: No cons. Everything is very good. Thanks

• Reviewed on 28/09/2018
Marketing Program Specialist
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2017

"Best App for Email Marketing and Web Form creation."

Pros: Ease of use and good features.
Inbuilt drag and drop editor for crafting good flyers and newsletters.
Very economical when compared with competitor products.
Option to set up SMTP relay service using our local software.

Cons: Customer support not that great, though we can handle most of the things our own.
More improvement in reports and dashboards.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2017
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2017
Eric P.
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2017

"we use mailjet for 3 purpose : transactionnal emails, our newsletters, and mails to our models"

Comments: a good value for money for managing our different newsletters and it gives usefull informations about delivering

Pros: the simplicity of use, the possibility of using different sending emails, the possibility of keeping archives of all newsletters sent

Cons: the lack of explanation about blocked emails, it should be more detailed , we should know for each email why it is blocked