LearnUpon Reviews

by LearnUpon

Filter by:

• Overall

About LearnUpon

Create, manage, deliver, and measure learning that helps your business grow without compromise.

Learn more about LearnUpon

Ezzy S.
Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2021

"A Simple and Easy-to-Use LMs"

Comments: Overall, I'm extremely impressed with LearnUpon. It's the easiest LMS I've ever used. It's so user-friendly that I've seen about a 45% drop in usability questions and support requests from my learners.

Pros: LearnUpon's user interface is clean, beautiful, and very easy to use. The implementation was the easiest LMS implementation I've ever been a part of. The support you get from both the support team and your account rep are outstanding. The entire LMS is solidly built and extremely trustworthy.

Cons: This LMS is lacking in reporting tools. Luckily, the company is aware and working to build out more robust reports. In the meantime, however, you really have to export reports to Excel and figure it out from there. I also wish there was more flexibility in the way courses can be laid out. There aren't many options right now.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2021
Thomas S.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2020

"Fantastic support and great solution for corporate learning"

Comments: Over the years I have been a very demanding customer and an ill tempered one at that when I was stressed out about things not at all related to the learning management system. Every time I was grumpy the support guys and gals were supportive and patient with me and focused on helping me in whatever query I had. I built my business with Learnupon as its backbone and never regret the decision. I am proud to be one of their first 100 customers and delighted to see them with over 1000 now. I celebrated my first big contract with a bottle of champagne with the Learnupon Staff in their headquarters, was invited to a customer appreciation evening with canapés when they moved to bigger premises, and they sent my wife flowers on the birth of our daughter... what more can I say? They are integral to my business now and I deeply appreciate the ongoing support and product developments which make the system bigger and better every year. Thanks Learnupon.com and keep up the great work!

Pros: I found the LMS to be very user friendly and very importantly whenever I had an issue of a problem doing something, or as was more likely the case, whenever I screwed something up, the Learnupon support were there to save the day and provide a solution.

Cons: At the start (I am with them over 5 years now) I didn't like the e-commerce side but it was significantly improved over time and most importantly, an integration was created to work with Shopify and Zapier which has really transformed my business.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2020
Kariann D.
Director of Education
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2019

"User-friendly"

Pros: The ease of use on both the administrator and user side is fabulous.

Cons: There were some features that I needed/would have liked to use. With the suggestions, they have been moving forward with their development team to make changes and improvements to their platform. My Customer Success Manager meets with me frequently to discuss any issues I have and to update me on any changes that will be forthcoming to the platform. The level of communication from LU is excellent.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Chris J.
Online Training Manager
Mining & Metals, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"Great Customer Service, Awesome Staff, and a Quality Product"

Comments: We looked at twelve Learning Management Systems before choosing LearnUpon. We needed and LMS that would host on a reliable server they maintain, integrate with Salesforce easily, and not break the bank. LearnUpon has delivered on all points, and more. They met, and exceeded, all expectations and continue to improve every month. Our decision was made several years go. Since signing on with LearnUpon, I have had the pleasure of communicating with several staff members in various scenarios, and all of them are great. I have permission from the reps to call them out personally in this review as outstanding, kind, intelligent, and amazing humans. (To be fair, everyone at LearnUpon is pretty great, but the reps are just too cool for words.)

Pros: It always works; servers do not go down. Learner issues are minimal. Any problems are usually due to issues outside LearnUpon's control. 24-hour support response is quick, robust, and almost always dead-on. When you sign up, you get an account manager who helps you through your implementation to suit your workflows. The team actually listens to upgrade requests and bug reports. I know, because I see solutions implemented. Further, a member of the team usually contacts me to let me know my request was addressed and available in the software. In addition to listening to upgrade requests and bug reports, the team actually seems happy that I contacted them with an issue. There appears to be a genuine desire to provide the best software and have the happiest group of clients on the planet, which speaks volumes as to the culture at LearnUpon. When your clients can see that you have a great culture, you are winning.

Cons: Support is via email. Sometimes it is time-consuming, or difficult, to communicate and resolve a problem in writing. That being said, I can always email my account manager for complex issues, who is happy to engage via a phone call; typically the same day. Things you want aren't always discoverable on your own. I have often called in to ask about a feature and am told someone has to flip a switch to activate the option. While I understand that this procedure is to keep the software usable and protect us from ourselves, which I appreciate, I also like the freedom to explore a little more on my own. To be fair, I rarely have time to read the blog posts and other information from LearnUpon. Perhaps these features are mentioned in the blogs. They do not offer an integrated Learning Record Store, so I haven't had the opportunity to use my xAPI data as robustly as I would like. I actually do not even know what I could do because I do not have a Learning Record Store to play with.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2019
Alex A.
eLearning developer
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2016

"Stable, clean, and streams beautifully (even in Australia!)"

Comments: In soliciting Capterra to help choose an LMS for my client, the main need was to stream SCORM mods globally in four countries. Many providers are US focused and can't deliver a seamless experience (dire experience with Litmos!) Migrating to LearnUpon has been effortless and with support in both hemispheres my client felt truly supported. LearnUpon has just the right amount of features for corporate training without all the unnecessary bells 'n whistles. However, more features are in the pipeline and in a matter of weeks a brand new sparkling UI (User Interface) will be launched which will afford a more natural, gamified experience. The system took a little while to get used to in terms of defining and setting up roles so am hoping the new UI will make it more obvious what the nuances are. A big issue we had was getting our articulate mods to be responsive which is not currently supported. Again, the new UI should make this more usable for mobile users. Overall experience has been great and where we had issues or queries our Account Manager has bent over backwards to assist. Would highly recommend.

• Reviewed on 23/05/2016
Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.
Content Developer
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/01/2019

"Feature packed, easy to use, AWESOME support"

Comments: I've worked with several LMSes and this is by far the best in terms of ease of use, functionality, and customer support, and cost.

Pros: - Easy to use
- Packed with features that are intuitive and that work to your advantage
- Rarely ever have to use workarounds to do what I want
- Customer support is WORLD CLASS.

Cons: - Migration of your transcript information from your old LMS to LearnUpon comes at a fee. The rest of the work (migrating content, migrating users) is up to you.
- Occasionally there are features I wish did a certain thing, and I contacted my success representative and he helps me figure out how to do it a different way! This is very rare!

• Reviewed on 8/01/2019
Sarah W.
Sarah W.
Customer Support Specialist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2019

"Excellent Platform!"

Pros: LearnUpon is an excellent platform that allows us to reach our customers across North America, as well as potential customers internationally. It is easy to use and share and makes our company look very professional and dedicated to education.

Cons: I think at times it can be confusing to navigate through the courses/learning path.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Andreanne C.
Training and quality control
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2014

"Learn Upon in a call center environment"

Comments: I work in a 24h/7 days operational call center in Montreal, Quebec that specialize in messaging services. I am in charge of training and coaching agents on more than 700 different accounts and since I cannot be on site all the time, I use LearnUpon to do a big part of my training. I am able to put videos, tests and documents for my coworkers. We also use the surveys which allow the management and myself to have feedback from our coworkers and obtain answers to general questions. Learn Upon is easy to use even for someone not really tech savvy and whose first language is not English. I get a lot of positive comments from my colleagues and Learn Upon is used daily.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2014
Ryan C.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2015

"LearnUpon has been wonderful to work with and use!"

Comments: We have been using LearnUpon for about 2 years now and I do not have one negative thing to say about the company or the platform. It is extremely easy to use and navigate, and some of the features just surpass what other comparable LMS systems are doing. Working in the leadership coaching field, we deal a lot with customer relations, and LearnUpon has been nothing but a revelation to work with. They are quick to answer questions and get you the help you need, as well as constantly updating and improving the system based on what their customers are looking for and submitting to them. I would recommend LearnUpon to anyone looking for an LMS system.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2015
Debra M.
ELearning Developer and LMS Administrator
  • Reviewed on 7/03/2016

"Opening the Door to a New Portal..."

Comments: I like that LearnUpon is a robust student-centric LMS. It gives students the ability to download content, manage their learning modules and ultimately print a Certificate. On the Admin side, it is powerful too. In some ways, it's a lot like Word Mail Merge. There are lots of {fields} which show up in email notifications, certificates and reports. There is a learning curve and there are oodles of features which can be enabled or disabled. I have learned a lot from both the Support Team and the Knowledge Base. Thanks to all!

• Reviewed on 7/03/2016
Mateus S.
Suporte
Translation & Localisation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/08/2018

"Great option for LMS and pretty easy to use."

Pros: I had a few experiences with LMS and LearnUpon is by far one of the easiest and robust out there it supports a plethora of software such as PowerPoint, word and so on, so you can work with the most popular tools out there and its very simple and easy to maintain even on the admin side.

Cons: A few additional features would make the software more appealing such as (integration with webex tools and more supported formats for media upload).

• Reviewed on 6/08/2018
Stephanie P.
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2017

"The ease of use and amazing support sold us!"

Comments: If I could give more than 5 stars for support, I would. The support on this platform is amazing. We needed an easy-to-use platform and their competitive pricing and extremely simple platform made it easy to consider them. When we experienced their support, it sealed the deal.

• Reviewed on 16/03/2017
Rachel M.
Head of Training
Construction
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2016

"Perfect for the Technophobe!"

Pros: Easy to use with a very comprehensive help guide that talks you through everything you need to set up. The technical support offered by LearnUpon is second to none - very quick responses and friendly staff.

Cons: It would be great to be able to change the front dashboard screen to put a training calendar on there or other notifications

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2016
James S.
Marketing and Design
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2020

"Implementation went well"

Pros: Fairly easy to use and with the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] implementation has gone smoothly. He's been great help and very responsive.

Cons: Would like more customizing options in courses or an wysiwyg editor would be nice.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2020
Chris S.
Chris S.
LMS/elearning Specialist
Sports, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2019

"Wonderful product and customer service"

Comments: We have a LOT of users that access our certification courses in LearnUpon. Some days we have over 1000 users logging in. This was a big undertaking for our company to switch our LMS provider. To be honest, the implementation and subsequent usage of LearnUpon could not have gone smoother due to the customer service response and the step by step collaboration they provided for us. This was a very seamless and efficient experience for USA Football.

Pros: The best part of this software is the customer service. I have used several LMS products in my career and, while LearnUpon is very user friendly and has many helpful options, the learning curve for implementation and use was made very easy with the customer support team.

Cons: The parts that were least likable about this software was perhaps the limited ability to change default settings. However, it appears that LearnUpon has taken this into account and are now working on some updates to the software that better align with our needs.

• Reviewed on 19/08/2019
Brenna Z.
Brenna Z.
Client Education & Training Manager
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2020

"Admin-Friendly Platform with Great Customer Support"

Comments: With a tight timeline to move off of our previous platform, we found the LearnUpon team to be extremely accommodating. Our onboarding & implementation specialist went above and beyond to dedicate additional training and support hours for our team, and helped us get up-and-running on the platform in record time. Their technical support team is extremely responsive and helpful, as is our dedicated CSM. While the platform itself may not be the most robust in the LMS space, I find their UI to be very clean, easy to navigate, and has all of the standard functionality that any good LMS should. This is a great platform for L&D professionals that are just getting started with an e-learning training program, and/or platform Admins that don't want to get bogged down with regular backend LMS maintenance.

Pros: The LearnUpon platform is very easy to get started on; we had a quick turnaround to make from our previous vendor platform, and were able to get up-and-running in less than three weeks. Their multi-portal capabilities have made it fairly easy to manage our customer, employee, and partner training programs on one platform, while still being able to create unique learning experiences for our three audiences. Their Salesforce integration allows for automated user management (which is especially value to smaller enablement teams like ours), and has given us the ability to create fairly robust Salesforce reports and dashboards based on learner activity. Customer support is, by far, one of the biggest advantages to working with LearnUpon. We've had a fantastic sales and onboarding experience, and their CSM and their technical support teams are extremely responsive and thorough. The UI itself is very clean and modern, and I find it to be fairly user-friendly from a learner perspective.

Cons: The capabilities of "Manager"-level users (a permission set that sits between and Admin and a Learner) are a bit limited. The learning path user experience is not the best, but is something that is on their product roadmap to improve. Not necessarily a drawback for us, but the platform UI is not customizable beyond branding and colors, and some additional settings that can be toggled on and off (like gamification, for example), so if you're looking for a platform that is highly customizable, this probably isn't a good fit for you.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2020
Philip W.
Vice President, Enterprise Learning
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/09/2019

"Intuitive, Aesthetic & Economical Solution with Rock Star Cx Support"

Comments: When evaluating solutions, the LearnUpon sales team was responsive from day 1 -- you sometimes have sales teams who show up and read you their demo script, but LU showed up to listen first, and ask questions, and then demo how they could meet our needs. The trial version gave us an opportunity to test out branding and functionality requirements. Branding the trial portal to reflect our corporate look and feel was a slam dunk, took maybe 1 hour max. In fact we were able to go live with no additional portal branding effort, and our company maintains a high aesthetic bar. In the full version we spent time designing all aspects of the portal exactly how we wanted them. There's enough granularity to meet our need without the pointless option overload that so often can sacrifice intuitive usability. Our dedicated Customer Success Manager was ready, willing, and able to offer suggestions, take questions back to the team, and help us push the solution to maximum value. (I've worked with the LMS "big guys" too, who keep you on hold for 20 min to answer a simple question and dole out onboarding support by the spoonful -- LearnUpon always makes me feel like I'm one IN a million, never of of the million). Setting up SSO was a breeze with our Confluence gateway. We launched in April and are growing client users by about 10% a week. I honestly can't say enough good stuff about LearnUpon's customer support ethic. They "get" it.

Pros: Excellent blend of intuitive aesthetic design and functionality -- LU works the way we need it to work, as we partition projects across portals and clients into self-contained user groups. We're able to maintain our brand presence for clients, meet our organizational goals and our customers' needs effectively -- with little to no compromise on our vision. On top of this, LU customer support is the best in the business.

Cons: There's not much to not like about LearnUpon. The system continues to mature and improve incrementally with each release. More attention could (and is) being paid to Reporting capabilities. Functionality to nest Groups would also be helpful, or minimally the ability to copy an existing Group.

• Reviewed on 5/09/2019
Jeanette S.
Jeanette S.
Consultant and Trainer
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/09/2019

"Easy for all with consistently responsive customer service"

Comments: An excellent addition to the business that has freed up staff time for coaching activities, streamlined the training function and enabled us to deliver a more comprehensive supported learning pathway for a remotely based network of staff.

Pros: It is quick and easy to develop content without the need for complex software and programmers. Our interactive courses achieve 5 star reviews simply using the tools provided with the system. All of our candidates, which now number in the hundreds, are able to navigate the system and complete our courses on a wide range of devices. We were concerned that candidates would need technical support we would be unable to deliver. We did not need to worry, technical queries for candidates have been almost non existent. The small number raised by our administrators and course developers have been answered and resolved quickly thanks to LearnUpon’s fantastic team.

Cons: There isn’t anything we don’t like. More tools to help non developers create interactive courses would always be helpful in future developments to help us keep creating. One observation, the current pricing could divert small businesses from dipping their toe which would be a shame given they are the businesses that can most benefit from such a user friendly tool that doesn’t require an army of expensive developers, programmers and in-house computer experts.

• Reviewed on 3/09/2019
Lindsay M.
Course Developer
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/11/2019

"LearnUpon LMS.......No need to look any further!!!"

Comments: My overall experience with LearnUpon has been absolutely wonderful! And, I'm not just saying this.......my statement is based on 4+ years using the software. Solid, reliable, user-friendly software, a team that truly listens to their customers and makes changes based on that listening, and excellent customer service. I can't ask for much more than that! Signing up with LearnUpon is a no-brainer. If you're wavering, don't! You'll be in good hands!

Pros: LearnUpon as a software and company is top notch! The software meets all of our needs and then some. And, to make things even better their customer service is fantastic (think Ritz Carlton customer service). If LearnUpon checks all your boxes and will meet your needs, then go with them! You won't be disappointed.

Cons: The thing I liked (past tense) least is the customer experience when a customer had a login in on another portal in the larger LearnUpon ecosystem and then would sign up for our courses. However, I provided feedback to LearnUpon and they implemented an upgrade to fix this. Wow!! Top notch customer service coupled with a great software! The company listens to their customers and responds, implementing upgrades to meet their LearnUpon users needs. This has happened multiple times to me :) Kuddos to LearnUpon!

• Reviewed on 6/11/2019
Sharon D.
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 4/02/2020

"Best LMS Hands Down"

Comments: This LMS offers me a method of creating and sharing my courses with my clients and others. My business would not be where it is today, without LearnUpon.

Pros: I have been working with the folks at LearnUpon for almost 6 years. As an Administrator responsible for managing and branding my learning portal as well as developing customized courses for clients, I cannot say enough good things about it. The staff are incredibly quick to respond, are clear with their responses and want to be of assistance. They score a 10 every time with their customer service. I have watched this LMS grow from good to great over the years with new features being added constantly. Today, it is a robust LMS with every single feature I could want (and frankly a lot more than I use). Developing courses is easy and I'm able to produce professional looking courses, easily, This is important because I do not have a technology background and though I'm a reasonably quick study, I needed an LMS that didn't require a computer science degree to navigate! The reliability of this LMS, the ease of its use and navigation, as well as the fact that I almost never get calls from my clients with "systems issues", makes this an absolutely outstanding product. I also love the LearnUpon University tutorial option. I could not be happier.

Cons: There are none that I can think of. I absolutely love this LMS and the people who stand behind it.

• Reviewed on 4/02/2020
Stephen G.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/09/2019

"Great product backed by a super team of people!"

Comments: We were one of the early clients and the one factor that consistently keeps us using the platform, above all else, is the fact the level of service from day one (when LearnUpon was only starting out) was amazing. As they have grown to become a leader in the LMS space, that level of service has never changed.

Pros: We have both used and engaged (via clients) with a broad range of LMS products. The LearnUpon solution is by far one of the easiest and effective solutions we have come across. They are constantly looking to increase functionality and in my opinion are working at the edge of the latest developments in LMS solutions.

Cons: Honestly very little! I would like more flexibility around messaging as we deal with both the B2B market and also the B2C. The latter requires more frequency around messaging but we have found simple solutions to work alongside the LearnUpon platform.

• Reviewed on 6/09/2019
Mo Q.
Education Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2015

"The best LMS for our needs"

Comments: We went with LearnUpon after doing extensive research. They came up top in terms of value for money, having the features we needed, user-friendliness and support. I was concerned that it was too good to be true having had disappointing experiences with LMS's in the past which promise the world then deliver much less than what we expected. With LearnUpon the interface is extremely user-friendly and allows you to upload anything you need whether that be a SCORM module, PDF, video, pictures etc.. The best part is you can customise everything at any time on your own for no cost. If you want to change a banner, welcome message, course description, sign-in screen or store details; you can do so immediately without putting in a build request and waiting for support to get back to you. If you do need support they are always happy to help and guide you every step of the way. We also had to transfer thousands of enrollments from our previous LMS and I had concerns about the transition. The support team at LearnUpon went out of its way to meet our requirements and the few custom builds we required were handled brilliantly with little fuss and at very reasonable rates. They provide extra features we actually use like multi-language platform support, batch uploads and detailed custom reports. With LearnUpon we received an excellent product, within budget and with excellent support along the way. I couldn't be happier with our decision to select them as our LMS.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2015
Ewa K.
Inside Sales Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/08/2019

"Easy to use & flexible to implement across multi-functional company"

Comments: Uniformity of training across all business units - same message and materials are delivered to all learners at the same time

Pros: LearnUpon is very intuitive for both administrator and the learner.
It provides great options for providing training/learning materials without being overwheliming with bells and whitles.

Cons: Many options that I have not been able to explore and use!
It is not a con... I need more time to learn about LU to its fullest capacity.

• Reviewed on 6/08/2019
Brian C.
Online Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2013

"Outstanding LMS."

Comments: Pros : Easy to use, intuitive, reliable LMS at a great price. Excellent customer service. Extremely courteous and accommodating. Incredible technical support. Course creation doesn't get any easier. Great reporting functions. Constantly updated with the latest market trends and developments. Catered to our needs perfectly. Cons : Any initial minor issues that we encountered were quickly addressed and solved for us. Overall : When starting up an online education business, finding the right Learning Management System is the crucial first step. Having trialled numerous LMS systems, I was beginning to feel that we would have to take the plunge and build an extremely costly personalised system. I then came across LearnUpon and was blown away with its ease of use, great features, great personal service, and extremely competitive pricing. From the first time that I logged in, I knew that I had found the ideal LMS solution and haven't looked back since. Highly recommended Learning Management System. Intuitive and affordable, with a great team behind it. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to deliver online courses.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2013
Charles C.
IT Technician
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2014

"A constantly evolving simple and cost effective LMS with a second to none support team"

Comments: After reviewing three alternative LMS systems and chatting to each provider LearnUpon stood out from the crowd immediately. LearnUpon is simple to use, quick to configure, highly cost effective and scalable to your business needs, you can tailor your subscription level up or down with the needs of the business. Another element I liked about LearnUpon is the constant development and openness to embrace customer feedback to improve the product towards the customers needs. LearnUpon really is a fantastic product and I would recommend it to anyone - before our journey in finding an LMS provider I had no knowledge or expertise in training and now feel competent in the knowledge, support and experience LearnUpon has brought to us here at THMG. Brendan provided a fantastic overview and went above and beyond to answer all of our questions before we agreed to run a trial. Even throughout our trial period Brendan and the LearnUpon team couldn't do enough and the quality, support and level of customer service really is unbeatable and like nothing I have experienced before. Thanks Team LearnUpon!

• Reviewed on 10/11/2014