• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About Miro

The #1 online collaborative whiteboard platform where teams get work done.

Learn more about Miro

Jakub H.
Founder / Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2020

"Whiteboard for the whole company"

Comments: Generally the experience is great and very useful for UX testing with remote participants.

Pros: The idea of a shared whiteboard is great and well executed in Miro. Everything you do others can see and can interact with in realtime.

Cons: Kanban boards are rather bulky to handle and the idea of placing them onto the board is sort of contraintuitive, but it works.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2020
Teya B.
Teacher: Digital Illustration
Arts & Crafts, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2021

"Fast and Modern solution for team work"

Comments: Wonderful experience. I am always very satisfied after working in Miro with my team, because it feels like we manage to get a lot done. Now with the whole Covid-19 situation and that we had to adapt and work 100% online, Miro saves us a lot of emails and unnecessary communication.

Pros: Everything in Miro looks polished, accessible and is super easy to use.
I do feel that the creators put an effort to create a great user experience.
My team and I use Miro to brainstorm ideas together. It is fascinating to see in real time how people create, delete and edit tiny details of the puzzle until everything falls into place. One feature that I love particularly much is the ability to include screenshots in your boards and also use their Chrome extension that make is even easier and faster to get any image online and put it in your brainstorming board. I also like the History where I can track the changes that others have made if I miss a meeting and the ability to make people follow your cursor, so that you can bring their attention to a certain area without having to verbally navigate them.

Cons: I like the tool a lot. BUT I've noticed that not everyone finds it as intuitive as I do. Often times I would see my colleagues doing things the hard way and losing time in tasks that are supposed to be easy and fast. The cause for this I think is that they haven't followed the tutorial, so that they know better. I believe Miro team could think in direction of improving the tutorial so that all people follow it and don't have to guess how things are to be done.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2021
Jennifer L.
User researcher
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2019

"Brilliant resource for just about everything in UX and UX research"

Comments: Miro has solved the problem we have had was our team has grown but our meeting room space has not... We can keep our post it note analysis in one place. We have also used it to share our work, sketches and communicate with our clients. It's overall been a real help to communication both internally and with external clients.

Pros: Absolutely love this software. I started out using it only as a digital post-it note board so my team could do thematic analysis together remotely. After using it for a month or so, we started using it as a planning tool as well, and have used it to create service blueprints, journey maps and to keep the team all in one place.

Cons: Honestly the only thing I can think of is that it's not easy to find out how to increase the width of lines. Otherwise I love it!

• Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Digital Marketing Director
Banking, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/03/2019

"RealtimeBoard is quick, collaborative, visually pleasing and easy to use!"

Pros: We started off using RTB for big, heady workshops - design thinking, kanban, etc with remote teams - no more "taking picture of a whiteboard, transcribing it into [insert random comfortable tool here], sending non-collaborative bitmap out to team" procedures, just one great tool. And then we realized that it could be used for so much more! Org charts, mind mapping, small kanbans for things like kitchen duty or office chores or whatever! Also impressed with just how often they update it with new features (including iOS apps), and sometimes the simple act of seeing someone else move a sticky around in realtime is just fun.

Cons: Nothing comes to mind, if there was one thing it would be that the export viewport thing is a bit hard to get right unless you've screwed it up at least once before, to know what to do the next time. Seems like a small thing to gripe about!

• Reviewed on 7/03/2019
Hanan A.
Experience Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2019

"Anyone who watches my team work ends up buying Miro so I guess that's enough said."

Comments: Our team's overall productivity has skyrocketed, we can easily collaborate with our clients and we really don't need task management software anymore.

Pros: ability for a remote team of designers / stakeholders / business development to collaborate so smoothly using the simplest interface possible. The plugins and integrations that keep getting better every day are something to admire, tbh. so generally Miro is a product worthy of a standing ovation.

Cons: not much, really. but my team uses Miro a lot for wireframing; then we sync to inVision. we'd love a way to download all artboards as individual images at once (a bulk action that returns a zip file with all artboards as single PNGs).

Claire N.
Digital Media Aide
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2021

"Switch to Miro! It's better!"

Comments: Miro has made tracking my work fun, easy, and accessible. My team collaborates on our Kanban board every day to keep everyone on track with our assigned tasks and when they are due. I love the look of Miro and all the different features that make it an all-in-one platform. The templates that Miro provides have been especially helpful and have saved me loads of time and frustration. I recommended Miro to a friend within a month of me learning to use it.

Pros: The templates, infinite canvas, sharing ability, and live editing are all fantastic features. Brainstorming projects has never been this fun. Aesthetically, Miro is also just great. I love how such a simple look is still capable of so many great features.

Cons: I wish there was more than one version of the wireframe template but otherwise I'm very satisfied with Miro.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2021
UX Designer
  • Reviewed on 6/04/2020

"Collaborative work: visual, fun and easy"

Pros: Very intuitive and easy to use. I like the brand and look and feel. It makes easier to work with remote teams. Share ideas and progress. I use it also for my personal projects. Mainly for the initial phases, when I want to land ideas, gather insights, brainstorm... It has a lot of potentials.

Cons: Power features for facilitators. Ej, add descriptions to a block of content that only the facilitator can see. I experienced some issues editing shapes when it was many elements on the frame.

• Reviewed on 6/04/2020
Claire L.
Student
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2021

"Yay Miro!"

Comments: Overall I am very satisfy with my experience with Miro.

Pros: 1. I can see how people moving around (Seems like they are having fun I think)
2. I love small details about miro (color option, font types, and shadow of the sticky notes)
3. Fun and intuitive (easy of use, feel like I am playing not working)
4. Different options to create board (white boards, mind maps, and etc)
5. Easy to share with others
6. Free education account

Cons: Some shortcuts are not make sense. For example, I didn't know Miro offers "Select all" option and accidently found that I needed to press "Shift key + mouse drag".

• Reviewed on 24/03/2021
Claudio P.
Designer
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2019

"It's the BEST of its type"

Pros: It's the BEST of its type, really love this app. Is realtime, collaborative, with a gorgeous User Experience, free plan... I could talk like this for hours! Really recommended!

Cons: There aren't any cons: that's one of my favorite, daily software without which I could not live.

Lloyd C.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2020

"Exceeded expectations!"

Comments: My overall experience with this tool is excellent. This tool allows my team and i to manage our overall workload much more effectively. Previous to using Miro we had limited visibility of what each of us where working on and the stage we were at with certain shared tasks. Miro has allowed us to work in a multi framed white board, with full visibility of team mates tasks and through the use of the comments and notifications system, it shows where we are all at with stuff.
We also have frames for our team charter, our useful links, next years budget requirements and a free whiteboard frame for notes and mind maps.

Pros: Ability to collaborate using comments on other users task based sticky notes which also have an email notification function I am able to manage my workload with a colour coded sticky note systems Mind maps tool

Cons: Nothing! My team and I were looking for an electronic whiteboard and Miro does everything we need and more.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2020
Dalibor K.
Technical Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2018

"Started using realtime board for company with dislocated team members. Now we can't work without it"

Comments: Team collaboration and team whiteboards made easy.

Pros: It allows sharing and working on whiteboard spaces in realtime while simultaneously providing audio-video feedback between members. No additional software tools are required. Whiteboard provides enough basic tools and templates.

Cons: Video and audio quality in conference is worse than any other specialized software (Skype or similar). It lacks some features that google docs is having for example, but whiteboard system is quite ok.

• Reviewed on 20/06/2018
Customer Success Manager
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2019

"The best tool I know for sharing and collaboration for big ideas"

Comments: It’s fantastic for creating and sharing ideas. It helped our company collaborate on challenging topics over our two locations.

Pros: It’s so flexible and adaptable. When you have something to share and don’t know where to start - Miro is the place to go (outside of a whiteboard).

Cons: I sometimes get a bit lost with it - not sure where to start. The templates are a bit helpful - but they are also a bit basic. I end up copy/pasting parts of them a lot.

• Reviewed on 7/12/2019
Artur B.
ux designer
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/04/2021

"a sticky board on steroids? yeah - go miro."

Comments: I love it and I'm trying to have it in every team I am working with

Pros: I love how much freedom you have in miro to present stuff and what you can actually present. kanban board? jira links? embedded I-frames? quick mockups to talk about the flow? all that in one place? you have it.

Cons: the app is resource consuming and sometimes my fans are spinning too fast and my laptop become too warm.

• Reviewed on 7/04/2021
IoT Ecosystem Director
Consumer Electronics, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2021

"Excellent visual collaboration tool"

Comments: We use Miro to collaborate on mobile app interface design, and it is helpful across multiple project stages: from brainstorming, to sketching, to wireframing, to final design and iterations.

Pros: Powerful visual board management. Supports both sketching and working on mockups or screenshots. Powerful collaboration features, allowing for rich comments and version tracking.

Cons: For a few months, we encountered a strange bug where Miro boards were visible on some browsers (Edge on Windows) but not others (Chrome on Windows). This appears resolved now, but it required some workflow adjustments when it happened.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2021
Strategic Marketing Operations Manager
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/04/2019

"Macro & Micro Viewing"

Pros: I use this software for a few different things--Marketing Year Planning, Process Planning, Project Mapping. It's really easy to view the big picture by zooming out, but still having the details if someone wants more information.

Cons: It's a bit tricky to get used to . There is definitely a learning curve to feeling comfortable moving around and editing object.

• Reviewed on 5/04/2019
Steve B.
User Experience Lead
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2019

"A nice tool with amazing features hidden behind a complex interface"

Comments: We use Miro for all aspects of a project, and as a virtual "white board" it works fantastic in that aspect. As mentioned above, our problem rests in when we ask for feedback, users have to be told to set their comment colors to indicate whether the comment is positive, negative, neutral, a suggestion, et cetera. Since most software has had flagging this seems like a simple feature oversights.

Pros: Supports uploading of most document formats in a drag and drop manner, allows for peer review and multiple users concurrently reviewing content

Cons: The interface is confusing, and often times I wanted to leave a comment but wound up leaving a post-it note instead. The software requires users to define (via text notes) what colors to make comments to indicate the type of comment and there are no templates.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Melinda H.
Digital Designer
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"One of my favourite design tools"

Comments: I've been using this for around 2 years and was introduced to it through my design course. Haven't turned back. The InDesign for web documents.

Pros: Miro is a great program for gathering all my thoughts about a project. I use it research, gather ideas and keep all my information together in one place. It's great for mind mapping, mood boarding, adding notes and comments to ideas, market research and presenting design strategies as well as communicating with team mates. I can use it to showcase my work to my company and they can comment and add their thoughts and ideas to my work.

Cons: Not much. Only downside is that if your internet isn't so great it can take a bit to load. But that's to be expected as it's seems to be very effective at keeping heavy amounts of information together.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2020
Sandra R.
VP Marketing and Product
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2020

"Great features, well thought out product"

Comments: Excellent product. Have tried other whiteboard softwares, nothing compares as well to Miro

Pros: Intuitive, makes collaboration simple. Has multiple uses

Cons: Price didn't fit the needs of our organization - and i think the value for money is there

• Reviewed on 31/08/2020
Greeshma P.
Fullstack Developer
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2020

"Great collaboration tool"

Pros: My team has been using Miro for a few months now. We use it for design brainstorming, architecture overview, and a lot of collaboration efforts. Works pretty much the same as a whiteboard for us. It has proved to be quite useful especially in this work from home days. It works smoothly even for six to eight members being simultaneously active on the platform.

Cons: Some of the team members don't find the UI very intuitive. And when a lot of changes are happening and a lot of people collaborate on the same board, it's quite difficult to track changes.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2020
Eugene L.

"Love it!"

Comments: Show my ideas to the team with schemes and sketches. Prepare analytics about the market and competitors in comprehensive way. Many things.

Pros: Picture worths thousands of words. I'm not the designer, but with this product it's much easier to explain to the team what I mean. All my new startups are starting from Miro sketches :) The team behind the product is awesome. Love the team and the product! Good luck, you're the best!

Cons: Not a single cons and the free version for home users comes with all features!

Bruce F.
Resource Management
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/08/2019

"Realtime Management"

Comments: My Team and I like the ability to collaborate and share information realtime

Pros: Miro is a great realtime whiteboard tool for my Team's use

Cons: could incorporate, or allow the inclusion of more features and graphics

• Reviewed on 3/08/2019
Damjan D.
Software Architect
  • Reviewed on 4/03/2020

"Miro the best team whiteboard collaboration tool"

Comments: I can collaborate with clients, and clients love how they can express them self through the visualization and describe all the requirements.

Pros: Mostly the support, if I had an idea for a feature they most likely were implementing it.

Cons: Well, more free boards will be lovely for personal use :).

• Reviewed on 4/03/2020
Florian B.
QA Tester
Program Development, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2019

"Accessible and easy to use"

Comments: I needed to represent the wireframe of our application, and Miro had all the tools necessary to create it. It was quick and easy, and I had many options to represent the details of the wireframe. It's a great tool that I will recomment when comes the time.

Pros: • Free to use, the most needed functionnalities don't need to be paid for to be used
• Visually attractive, the colors are great, the details are subtle but improve the app visuals
• Everyone can use it, it's easy to learn and easy to use
• Every functionnality of Miro is useful and can be used in many ways to express what you want to do
• The team sharing is effective

Cons: • You can't set the zoom as you want when clicking on an Inboard link
• Gets a bit laggy on bigger board, but you have time before it happens

Nakul S.
Sr. Product Manager
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2019

"SAFe Agile RealTime Board"

Comments: We are a SAFe Agile shop, and Miro (previously RealTime Board) helps keep the scrum teams on the same page

Pros: Really nice interface
Helps team stay on the same page

Cons: If you are using free version, then your data will be available to all

• Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Krispin S.
UX Designer
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2020

"Great product!"

Pros: It's simple and effective tool that enables you to put all your project steps on a digital whiteboard. Imagine whiteboard that is infinite in size and that you do not have to whipe out after the meeting ... nor ever. It allso enables you to share that whiteboard with your stakeholders/team mates around the world in real time. It allso has bunch of templates that make your workflow faster. Together with Figma/Sketch it is my esentiall tool for design.

Cons: Nothing that fits this category. It's really great.

• Reviewed on 17/02/2020