Filter by:

• Overall

About Miro

The #1 online collaborative whiteboard platform where teams get work done.

Learn more about Miro

BDM
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2019

"Growth, VC funding & re-branding cause my love affair with Miro (Realtimeboard) to end"

Comments: I had an initial love affair with Realtimeboard and had a subscription since 2016/17. Growth and then VC funding last year together with the re-branding debacle are forcing me to re-think that love. It's been unrequited for the last while. :-( NPS scores

Pros: Easy to use, excellent real-time capabilities

Cons: Poor customer support & dishonesty. The change to Miro saw them stiff paid Premium users of Realtimeboard and not honour the remainder of their subscriptions
Slow pace of feature development
No offline capabilities

• Reviewed on 19/03/2019
Remco B.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2021

"An enhanced digital whiteboard with the freedom of a whiteboard allowing you to do so much more."

Comments: Planning and organizing, decision making, collaboration, brainstorming. I finally have a planning tool that works for me.

Pros: I've looked far and white for methods to do my project planning and tracking. Using the visuals Miro offers me is beyond anything i have found thus far. I finally get my plans in order and get more things done. Both for myself as for my team. Use it heavily to visualize dependencies, use size to signal importance, colors for status (to do-working-done) and use tags to mark technical debt. Zoom out to have the bigger picture like the decision trees, guiding principles. Zoom in and find the details for the daily job, mark your technical debt and more.

Cons: Because the interface doesn't get in your way, starting might be a little hard. I've had no problem with this myself, but found colleagues requiring some time to master Miro.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2021
Zuhairah A.
Zuhairah A.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Internet, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/07/2021

"Best apps for discussing idea together"

Pros: It is easy to get messed up and losing focus when people discussing idea together, especially when we discuss it online. Miro has space for digital whiteboard, that anyone on the discussion session can use it to draw and express their ideas better with the help on the whiteboard. The visual element help me to explain my idea clearly.

Cons: It would be better if Miro is offered its stand alone software for the desktop version. For now, Miro can only be used by accessing it from the web browser. I am using Chrome web browser, and it consuming the computer resource too much and making all the other software that i open goes slow as well.

• Reviewed on 6/07/2021
A private tutor
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 7/04/2020

"The best organizer"

Comments: I keep all my visual materials in one place and have a possibility to share it with my students, collaborate with them, add unlimited amounts of notes and I have no need to care about how to save this stuff, how to find, how to export separate parts of my work. It's great!

Pros: Miro is intuitive, I spent a couple of minutes to navigate and simply started working. The unlimited canvas is the most thrilling feature of the app. I have finally had a tool to organize all my stuff, all in one place.

Cons: I haven't found any substantial drawbacks in Miro which prevented me from using it efficiently.

• Reviewed on 7/04/2020
Suhailah S.
Suhailah S.
Administrative Assistant
Retail, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/06/2021

"Miro upgrade discussion session on the next level"

Pros: My team and I often using Miro as our visual aids when we are online discussing on project or planning a project flows, as it has a digital whiteboard that work very well. The participant can collaborate on the whiteboard to add input or draw on it for something that are hard to explain by words.

Cons: It will be vary bad if someone accidentally delete the canvas or the whiteboard as everyone that has access on the canvas will also has a permission to delete it. There are not option to recover the canvas back and we had to start everything from the start if it does happen.

• Reviewed on 8/06/2021
Jack D.
Jack D.
Student
Design, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2021

"Teams experience"

Comments: Overall really positive its made collaboration on design projects while working remotely a breeze. Almost good enough to replace F2F if i'm honest. I've recommended Miro to a few people think it would be great if it integrated with MS teams too in an ideal world but even still a great stand-alone tool.

Pros: Love the tools available overall. So easy to get started on a design project and collaboration is slick and painless. Also a little detail i like is that when you paste a link onto a board it appears as a little window instead of just a messy link, really nice little detail.

Cons: The whole teams system could do with a change. Its very messy at the moment, especially using the free version when you can only edit 3 boards in a team at once. Who owns boards isn't always obvious and it seems like the Just Me section isnt working properly (for me at least) as I am seeing everybody's boards instead of just my own

• Reviewed on 14/04/2021
Ryan H.
Ryan H.
HR Manager
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2021

"The Best Collaboration Tool for Small to Midsize Businesses"

Comments: For me, it has been a good experience. It didn't take me long to learn how to use it. I was able to understand it and started working immediately. Overall, it's thrilling to use the large canvas and try different tools. Pen tool, different shapes, and templates make it really stand out.

Pros: We were introduced to Miro by a client who hired us to revamp their company profile that had some 23 slides to edit. Based in different parts of the world, Miro came in handy to help us complete the challenging task. Initially, a board was created and used to collaborate on the project. I loved how convenient it was to import files, add comments, annotate text, and get help from a number of tools. The best thing about Miro is that it has a huge template library and it is equipped with many helpful graphic elements, shapes, and what not! We used the free version that allowed us to create three boards and we made a good use of them. Generally speaking, it is apt enough for anyone to use the trial version and decide on buying the premium version and enjoy full access with more freedom. Long story short, Miro was a great help for us to successfully complete the project. Thumbs up

Cons: The only con in my opinion is that it can be tricky for a new user. You need to learn and practice before taking full advantage of the application. If you don't know how to use it properly, changing the size of text and adjusting other graphic elements can be difficult. Another thing that I don't consider as a con but some people might think the other way - Miro enables to create really large boards that can be confusing - zooming-in and zooming-out is the key to work efficiently.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2021
UX Designer
Design, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"Miro (aka realtime board) is great for collaboration and as a project management tool"

Comments: I use Miro daily as a UX designer for documenting different flowcharts

Pros: I love that you can collaborate on projects in realtime with Miro and see what the other users are doing on the screen at the same time as you. Their templates are awesome as well, along with their interface being aesthetically pleasing, it's one of my favorite tools I use as a designer.

Cons: I don't really have any negative comments or thoughts about Miro. I don't know why they changed their name from Realtimeboard as I think that moreso explains what they offer. I feel that Miro is supposed to be some kind of hip brand realignment, but doesn't explain what they offer. The name change doesn't really bother me, I was just surprised when it happened without warning.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Lead Product Owner
  • Reviewed on 9/09/2021

"Top tool for collaboration"

Comments: Overall this is one of my favorite tools and I couldn’t imagine life without it now given the remote world we live in

Pros: Miro is absolutely the best tool I’ve used to date to mimic in person collaboration. The templates provided make if super simple to spin up a complex diagram, flow chart, project plan in much less time than in would take to build from scratch in a keynote or PowerPoint. It now also offers super clever features allowing people to vote on things, keep certain areas hidden until you’re ready to talk about them, as well as see edit history.

Cons: Some of the templates can be challenging to use. Ie I tried to build an org chart and was really struggling to add beyond what the template offered for ‘boxes’

• Reviewed on 9/09/2021
Vinicius A.
Designer
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2019

"Enhanced canvases"

Comments: I was introduced at Miro by a colleague in a workshop, we started using in a group of five people e build a roadmap for a project together, we have use it even when we are not together in class because of the remote function. And it was clear to me that it is an essential app for planning steps.

Pros: Responsive and beautiful. It's not only visually pleasing, it's the best app to do personalized boards and diagrams.o
Web based no need to download, but there's a option to install windows app.
The app focuses on real-time collaborative work, great for remote teams. The canvas has different kind of templates like: diagrams, mind maps, workflow board, etc. Which makes it much easier to create according to the desired visualization for each type of work. Web based no need to download, but there's a option to install windows app. A diversity of integrations with major work tools, Google, Trello and Slack are my favorites

Cons: The mobile version performs smooth, but works only for visualization, I can't even delete a template. The app is very functional and good to use but also has some limited features compared to the web version. I can't leave a project to create a new personal template. Which forced me to create a new account with another email.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2019
Chad C.
founder
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2021

"Thank you"

Comments: i tell everyone about this tool.
mainly folks outside the tech world.
like furniture makers, jewellers, photographers, artist, anyone that needs to work through creative ideas with a collaborate partner or client.

Pros: I am continually surprised by little moments of wonder. like the first time a dragged a URL into a board and it created a beautiful thumbnail of the page i was just on! brilliant!

Cons: no cons per-sey. just new features. it looks like video calling is being rolled in. Playable videos in the board would be nice. collaborating on word/pages (or the whole suite actually excel, slides, etc) docs would be handy. I would also like to copy and paste from one miro to another.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2021
Hafizah S.
Hafizah S.
Assistant Manager Business Development
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2021

"Critical for my online presentation"

Pros: Miro is very critical for me, especially for my virtual presentation and for my team to have a visual aid when we are having an online discussion. Our discussion session is more clear and effective by using the whiteboard as the visual aid, and we also can shares our screen.

Cons: The collection of shapes for the mind mapping tools is lacks of shape and sometimes i had to draw the shapes manually. I would really happy if they can add more shapes to the collection and making the mind mapping process much quicker.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2021
Head of Product
Events Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/11/2019

"Simply the best collaboration tool out there"

Comments: I've joined a new company and have been using a board to gather thoughts, data, ideas and slowly growing and maturing my view on the problem I'm looking to solve into a mini presentation using the 'frames' features. It's just so darned versatile, I love it.

Pros: Works across all your devices. Super simple to get started, but with enough depth to get intricate and detailed. Ability to import and save screenshots, pdfs and presentations. The ever growing list of templates are fantastic to structure thoughts.

Cons: The file size limit on individual images uploaded to your board isn't big enough to accommodate larger images - but resizing the image makes that possible so no biggie. Sometimes snapping to elements can be helpful, other times it's annoying.

• Reviewed on 5/11/2019
Manasa M.
Student
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2021

"Ease of use"

Comments: Astounding

Pros: Steep learning curve
Feel at home instantly
Get the feeling of using physical post-its

Cons: None. Everything is perfect. Although I find scrolling and zooming in and out in mural a bit better.

Alternatives Considered: Mural and MindMeister

Reasons for Choosing Miro: I found this easier to use

Switched From: Mural

Reasons for Switching to Miro: Ease of use

• Reviewed on 15/04/2021
Brad H.
Marketing Director & Sales
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2019

"A Time and Paper Saver for Laying Out Your Screenplay!"

Pros: There are so many, but the real-time collaboration is a huge one for my partners and myself. Also the ability to print specific frames to pdf is convenient. Traditionally screenwriters use note cards on a cork board to layout an outline. This makes it easy to move scenes around and to see the project as a whole. RealtimeBoard has completely replaced that for my partner and I since we live in two different cities. We have planned all of our scripts for the last few years this way and it works great. Another nice benefit is the ability to add images and media directly inside the board, this is great for reference materials.

Cons: I'm not sure that I can think of any cons honestly. The only thing would be that you're limited to 3 boards per person on the free plan, which has become a pain the more I use it. I guess I'll need to upgrade soon!

• Reviewed on 11/01/2019
Senior UX Designer
Design, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/02/2021

"Simple but powerful"

Comments: It’s been a pleasure to be able to share a link to a Miro board and bring together a group of collaborators for a brainstorming or work session. When inviting new users to a board there’s very little introduction to the tools functionality necessary, it’s that intuitive for most.

Pros: A great mix of powerful functionality, but without a big learning curve. Easy to setup and quickly collaborate with others. Provides access to a bunch of templates or start with a blank canvas. Speaking of canvas, it provides a near infinite canvas to bring your ideas together.

Cons: This is not a tool to produce final deliverables, rather, it’s a tool to quickly throw images, diagrams, stickies, data grids and more together to generate or document ideas.

• Reviewed on 7/02/2021
Jeremy B.
Product Manager
Utilities, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2021

"Let your concepts flow with this essential app for ideation and planning"

Comments: I love this app and highly recommend it to anyone, regardless of their technical skillset.

Pros: Miro's drag-and-drop functionality makes it easy to ideate and collaborate. Its simple and straightforward UI ensures just about anyone can pick this up and be effective right out of the gate.

Cons: While they've improved it so you can determine whether it's touchpad, mouse, or touchscreen, it still can be frustrating to move elements around without moving the whole screen or other erroneous actions.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2021
Change and Projects Manager
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/01/2021

"Planning session"

Comments: It's a great collaboration tool with lots of flexibility.

Pros: It includes many different templates or you can create ones yourself.
It's the best option if you can't do a planning session in person.

Cons: I couldn't find the prefect template, but it was easy enough to make changes to an existing one.

• Reviewed on 5/01/2021
Luke F.
Luke F.
Video Journalist
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2018

"An absolute joy to use"

Comments: Really helps our largely remote team collaborate in so many different ways, in a really fun, creative and productive way. We co-created our business plan on RTB. We use it for gathering newspaper clippings relevant to our startup. I wireframe our app in it. My colleague built the skeleton for our investment deck in this.. it's great for so many things beyond brainstorms.

Pros: Very advanced - tons of control, so many features; all useful. Very fast and reliable and addictive. Beautifully engineered, easy to use. Boards can be made public so anyone can comment without logging in, if you want.

Cons: I miss one feature compared to Stormboard which we used before (and is now hugely inferior) which is 'substorms' (which were effectively a board 'inside' a post it note; great for deep diving into a big idea) otherwise, very hard to fault RTB!

• Reviewed on 24/02/2018
Enterprise Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Perfect Visualization software"

Comments: I really like using the pre-built templates for different type of internal of process boards I am trying to create. I also find it to be a very useful solution when meeting with customers. It presents a shared visual that I can share during customer meetings.

Pros: As spectacular as the visuals you can create in Miro, to me it starts with something more simple, the ability to chose from a library of template views to create the perfect visualization.

Cons: My only nitpick, and it is minor, is that for new users some of the functionality when creating boards can be overwhelming. It has taken me a while to pick up some of the basics when it comes to formatting and creating the elements of a board

• Reviewed on 11/12/2019
Boris B.
  • Reviewed on 7/04/2021

"Ideal for brainstorming"

Comments: Really nice and useful tool for remote teams. Saved us a lot of time.

Pros: Miro allows for interactive collaboration and brainstorming in a way very few tools offer. We use it quite often in all departments.

Cons: Miro can get slow very quickly not to mention processor hungry at times :) Optimization for this would be really great.

• Reviewed on 7/04/2021
Account Manager
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2018

"The best collaboration tool ever"

Pros: It makes your visual brainstorming, strategizing, designing and planning so convenient. You don't feel the barrier of using a software. It was genuinely and carefully crafted and built for humans

Cons: I really don't see any cons. I've tried many alternative apps and they don't even come near the quality and features Realtime board have

• Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Danilo N.
Danilo N.
Engenheiro de software
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"Great online experience"

Comments: Great experience, with really good design and almost perfect sensation of a physical board.

Pros: The design and usability are very good, it's like you are on a physical kanban board and its post-it's. The tags are very useful and you can see all people that are on the board in realtime. The feeling of amplitude is a well-thinking feature too because it emulates the reality in a handy way.

Cons: When you first access it, the guided walkthrough is very persistent and boring. I had to dismiss it at least 4 times.

Alternatives Considered: Jira

Reasons for Switching to Miro: More flexibility and no cost

• Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Manish M.
Prefer not to state
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2021

"Miro -- first impressions"

Comments: Highly impressed. I am a visual thinker, I like endless mind-maps, so Miro is an absolute delight. Yet, there's work to do --- continuous improvement. #Kaizen

Pros: The vast canvas, without any end, without any constraints of space, giving the user the power to give a free rein to their imagination. I created a Miro Board in which I have visually depicted a document that would have taken 100+ MS-Word documents and PPT slides to show -- and I could navigate it seamlessly, showing people the cross-linkages between various parts of the document.

Cons: 1) Dependence on Zoom for screen-sharing
2) Not as versatile as Powerpoint in slide-creation features (boxes, arrows, coloured-formatted text etc)
I would recommend that Miro does regular workshops where they give the same task to a set of people to repeat on PPT and Miro, compare the experience, and wherever Miro falls short of PPT, built that feature into Miro. Think of this as "design-thinking-by-doing" !!

• Reviewed on 22/08/2021
Myrian M.
Innovation designer
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2018

"Amazing tool great to work remotly"

Comments: Its an awesome tool !

Pros: You don't need much to understand how to use so Its really helpful when you are adding new teammates to a project.
Really flexible, aside from having a bunch of really cool templates that can help you get started it is a really flexible tool.

Cons: Maybe a bit hard to understand zoom and how small or big things should and can be.
A on-boarding or "read this first" might be helpfull feature to let teams know what relevant now

• Source: SoftwareAdvice