Filter by:

• Overall

About Acuity Scheduling

Automate your client bookings, cancellations, reminders & payments using the worlds friendliest online scheduling software.

Learn more about Acuity Scheduling

Showing 4,969 reviews

Simon P.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2021

"User friendly online tool for scheduling group and individual sessions or appointments"

Comments: Acuity was recommended when building a client Pilates site. We looked at a few other options - we'd used Calendly previously, but the key with Acuity was the ability to book both individual sessions and classes - for someone in the health profession this is absolutely key. You can also limit the numbers within a class, take payment, and for the individual session, sync with the teacher's calendar - saving lots of backwards and forwards to arrange a time. Also syncs with Zoom and the like for online classes and you can add coupon codes for discounts.

Pros: The key for using Acuity for our clients is the ability to book for both class situations and individuals. For somebody like a Yoga or Pilates teacher who wants to offer both services, it is key that with Acuity this is very simple to set up. As a web developer, the user friendliness also allows us to set the software up and let the client use it moving forward without the need for excessive training.

Cons: The ability to customise on the website using CSS is only allowed for the highest priced plan - not sure why this is the case. (I should add that you can use brand the colours and copy on all plans).

Alternatives Considered: Calendly and neatCal

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: Calendly didn't really work for classes. NeatCal looked promising but had too many bugs in it at the time.

• Reviewed on 29/06/2021
Phil S.
Phil S.
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2021

"Acuity is a great option for online appointment management"

Comments: We've had great success with Acuity over the last few years. I don't have any real complaints about it. It just works.

Pros: Acuity is easy to set up and has a lot of features for scheduling appointments. We love the quirky nature of the prompts and help items. They are a company that likes to have fun.

Cons: It has a little clunky user interface and the default design of the appointment pages that clients see isn't that great.

Alternatives Considered: Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: Acuity had all the same features and was at a lower pricepoint.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2021
Nea D.
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2021

"One Stop Scheduling Tool"

Comments: Acuity continues to expand and refine the scheduilng features and options it offers it's users . I use this platform for one on one meetings, group sessions, classes and multi-day events. I love that they offer numerous integrations making it super easy to get going. The help articles are truly helpful. Any glitches I have had have really just been a learning curve - the more I learn, the easier it has been to get the results I want. Totally a great tool for coaches and trainers.

Pros: Acuity is a great tool for scheduling individual sessions, as well as classes and packages for coaching or events. It is easy to use as an administrator, but what makes it great, is that it is easy and very familiar to users - people "Get It" pretty quick!

Cons: The way to set up coaching packages is good for the owner, but totally not user friendly. The client gets a code to be able to redeem their coaching classes. I would love for this to be easier and less burdensome on the clients. Also I would love a way for the administrator to be able to set up a client account/portal for the client...rather than having to push back to have them set up. Any steps that require client action - is a negative experience....

Alternatives Considered: Satori

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: More featuress and easier to use.

Switched From: Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: I actually am currently using Satori for Coaching packages -because it makes onboarding so much easier - so much so that it is worth the extra money. BUT I would love it if the features were available in Acuity!

• Reviewed on 14/01/2021
Kristina H.
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2020

"An Industry Leader for a Reason!"

Pros: The navigation and naming are intuitive, plus every step or field has an accompanying explanation so I can be sure I am using it properly! This means I was able to walk myself through Acuity without pressure or time waste of needing to consume a bunch of FAQs or webinars. The doing and learning happen simultaneously! Yet, there is also great support should I still have questions. I also love that the features are built for real life. For example, being able to block off the hours and days you want to work, blocking off time before and after appointments so you are not rushed back-to-back, and having the private appointment type option for inviting clients to book after I’ve established a relationship, rather than having a free-for-all available on my website. I also love that pre-meeting questionnaires and action items can be added for clients to create workflows. I love that they have a test client built in by default! Acuity has really thought of everything. Finally, both the app and browser versions are excellent! Thank you for having a great app, Acuity!

Cons: I didn’t see a clear place to find all available integrations. Yet, I really don’t have any true cons.

Alternatives Considered: Schedulicity, Vagaro, Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: Acuity has more integrations with other software I am already using (e.g. Kajabi) and, probably most importantly, Acuity came recommended by successful business owners in my field. Then I used the free trial to get acquainted and Acuity had such a clean interface and easy-to-use system. The value is clear. I want to have administrative stability, simplicity and effectiveness in my business. Acuity offers that.

Switched From: Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: Recommended by successful peers + proven value and customer support through free trials. I also appreciated the free extensions for the trial when I hadn’t had time to dabble yet. This again showed that Acuity understands people and was committed to providing a valuable customer experience.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2020
Ahfeeyah T.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/12/2020

"Acuity - A great and growing resource"

Comments: My overall experience with Acuity has been amazing. I am going to continue trying to make it work.

Pros: I love that Acuity is very robust and allows you to customize responses when a client/customer books with you. I also love that integrates with Instagram and Facebook for ease of booking. This is to some super small but was a game-changer for me. I have enough reasons to use Zapier for integrations but Acuity did an amazing job of taking out that extra step. It truly is great.

Cons: There is one area that the scheduler is somewhat lacking and that is the ability to connect to multiple calendars and check for availability. Calendly in comparison does this very well and it's probably the only huge pain point. This is also where the system begins to get complicated. I wish it was just a bit more simplified and intuitive. To provide more context. I have my personal calendar and more than one business. I don't necessarily want that information pulled into Acuity however if it could connect to gsuite just as Calendley does to multiple calendars and make a time accessible or not based on information across all calendars that would be awesome.

Alternatives Considered: Calendly and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: Because of the integration with instagram and facebook but the feature to connect to multiple calendars is a huge pain point. Calendly does this well

Switched From: Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: Hubspot's pricepont was way too hight especially for not having the feature to connect to facebook and instagram.

• Reviewed on 25/12/2020
Megan M.
owner and stylist
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"salon user"

Comments: I have been toying around with Acuity during this pandemic. I've always used a free booking system that was easy to use but didn't have that many features. I saw another stylist's website with Acuity for her online booking and I fell in love with how it looked and operated. I'm still getting used to it and it is now time to start rebooking. I guess this week will be the main test for how I feel about it! I'm excited though.

Pros: I love that I'm able to customize the colors to match my branding. I love the simplicity of adding on extras to appointments and having the client intake form right there for clients to fill out. The cluster booking was huge for me too. I have always been scared to dive into online booking because I didn't want huge holes in my schedule. I'm a bit of a control freak so it makes me very happy. I also love how I'm able to integrate the branded booking platform directly on my website. It just looks so much nicer than other systems!

Cons: I wish there was an option to approve appointments and an option to only allow booking at certain times of day. I would also like to revamp the mobile app or at least an option to zoom out to see the week without having to turn my phone landscape. I know this may sound silly, but I like to keep my phone screen locked on parallel.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
John S.
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2020

"Pleasantly surprised"

Comments: So far i'm quite happy with Acuity Scheduling. Even though there is the annoyance of the menu system, the features & level of customisation available outweigh this.

Pros: So far there's quite a lot to like about Acuity Scheduling. I like that I can have different appointment groups & types which I can customise with photos & text (inc T&C's etc.) as well as customise the calendar settings to only allow bookings at times that are convenient to me. I also like that I can hide certain appointment types so they are only visible to people I share the link with, this is especially useful for one off or promotional sessions. The integration with my external google calendar is also a great feature & something which was lacking from other scheduling tools I've tried. The option to take online payments is also a good feature, and something which i'm sure will really help to streamline my booking process. There are also many options for integrating with external apps such as quick books, facebook, active campaign etc. which i'm yet to fully explore but I'm sure will be useful to me and improve the efficiency of my booking process.

Cons: The only issue I have is that the user interface could be improved. As i'm still fairly new to this software, I find when i click on a link to make changes (for example 'Availability') and it's not actually the menu I want, I have to go all the way back to the home screen to then search through the respective menus to find what I want. This becomes annoying if you go through this process several times to find what you'r after, and it could be improved by either adding drop down menus, or at least leaving the entire navigation menu visible in each section.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft 365, Google Forms, Facebook Apps and Tabs and Fresha

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: I've been looking at ways to improve & streamline my booking process & started off looking at the free tool within facebook. It didn't take long to become very very annoyed with the facebook tool as it would not properly integrate with my google calendar (so it was essentially pointless). The functionality & ability to customise was also poor. I also looked at other free tools, such as google forms but again they lacked the level of functionality tor really give me any kind of improvement. As the free tools didn't really cut it for me, i started looking elsewhere and compared Acuity with a couple of other paid options (such as office 365). What swung it for me was the level of customisation & available features when compared to others.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2020
Katie B.
Yoga Studio Owner
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2019

"It has exactly what I have been looking for"

Comments: Acuity has given me so much time back, I'm no longer having to communicate with clients over phone, email, text, web message, Facebook message about classes that have disappeared.

Pros: I've finally found a booking and membership software platform that I can integrate into my website without the added stress of classes disappearing from the schedule or memberships being cancelled without so much as an email from the software provider.
I can create group classes, events, private sessions while offering my students the choice of memberships, class passes, gift vouchers as well as discount codes.
It's everything I've been looking for. It's a little more complicated to get started but once you get started it's easy.

Cons: It's a little bit complicated, maybe a few too many options but people like customisation so my cons maybe your pros 😊

Alternatives Considered: appointlet, Schedulicity, Zen Planner, Cogsworth, Timely, SuperSaaS and Mindbody

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: Their services were cheaper but the bookings platform has so many bugs, deleting classes from the schedule, rescheduling clients without their knowledge, customer service had me waiting weeks to rectifybthese problems only to continue to happen. Paid plans was ridiculous, a student would sign up for a 12 month membership only to have one payment fail and six automatically cancelled their membership without so much as trying again or contacting me or the client to tell me what had happened, I had to find out through my stripe dashboard while doing my accounting.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: 1. Nailed my needs 2. Ability to book group classes, events, courses, privates 3. Membership and class pass packages 4. Value for money 5. Ability to create gift certificates and coupons 6. Reputation and referral

• Reviewed on 27/11/2019
Julie C.
Coach/Owner
  • Reviewed on 7/08/2019

"Over the Top Customer Service"

Comments: I literary replaced a $1000./month virtual assistant with this software without missing a beat. I now self-manage scheduling & billing with Acuity in about an hour a month.

Pros: Ease of use; excellent service and support. Whenever I have had questions, I get amazingly fast response and always an added idea, work-around or added feature to help make my experience even better. Staff seems to really, really like working for Acuity and with each other. Impressive!

Cons: That I can't separate my active clients from my inactive clients. C'mon Acuity, this seems like an easy sorting feature to add! ;)

• Reviewed on 7/08/2019
Zach C.
Financial Associate & Office Manager
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/04/2019

"Great Calendaring Software for Teams"

Comments: Overall, our experience has been great. The customer support has been top notch, there are integrations to most of the apps we use, and this seriously probably saves us 4-8 hours per week.

Pros: We have 6 different team members. Most of the time, 2 or more team members will be involved with a client at a time. Before we were trying to juggle times back and forth on Outlook using scheduling assistant, which doesn't work if the client is not within your outlook network, which they never are. Also, we used to send a long list of meeting times out when someone would request an appointment. We would wait until we had a handful of appointment requests before sending them out because it was so labor intensive to do so. Our reminders have never been more helpful to our clients nor more consistent.

Cons: We have run across some training hurdles, especially when using "blocked" times vs appointments. For one, blocked times do not actually transfer to our calendars on Outlook. Also, if someone has multiple calendars, for instance we usually have 2 team members in every meeting, and the team pairing is not always the same, then we have to remember to block off time on every calendar that team member is associated with. Also, I still do not know exactly how the locations function works. We have 3 different offices and lets just say we've manually changed our reminders to spell out the address and have different appointment types titled with the correct location. Lastly, our team has found the mobile app to be inconsistent at best. We have used both the Android and iOS version of the application and feel like we cannot rely on the information we see within the app. Appointments on the same calendar always work, but when you have an appointment on one calendar that also blocks off time on other calendars, the reliability has been spotty and multiple times we have had to go back to our clients and request a new meeting time.

• Reviewed on 8/04/2019
Steve P.
Steve P.
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2018

"The most functional and feature-packed calendar software"

Pros: The developers seem to know what's happening in your world before any other calendar software seems to. I've tried a lot of them to find the perfect combo, and Acuity (even though I have a lifetime subscription to Book Like a Boss) has been my staple for 3+ years or maybe even more. The best thing about Acuity is its flexibility to adapt to your business, rather than forcing you to change your processes to suit it. If you want a subscription business that offers a certain amount of calls to your community each month, you can do that. If you wanted a storefront where people can buy and book as they please, you can do that. And all the little extra thoughts on the calendar, like blocking off time, and keeping only the right amount of appointments available, and adjusting your calendar availability quickly and easily. It's just so well thought out.

Cons: I would like to see their designs brought into the future a bit more. I find the storefront a bit dated and as such have always avoided using it even though it would have saved me a lot of time. I also find some of their extra-fancy features have unwanted side effects at times. For example, there is a genius new feature where Acuity will only let people book appointments next to each other, so you don't have big gaps in the day. However, for someone like me that has to have different blocks available for timezones, it confuses Acuity and thinks that things I want available shouldn't be. So occasionally with features, it's not quite as smart as you want it to be.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2018
E W.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/08/2016

"It's All Handle with Acuity!"

Comments: I use Acuity for all of my scheduling needs with clients. From what I have researched, Acuity is the best all-inclusive appointment management program and has extensive features and integrations included that other appointment software does not have. You can have a very basic, bare bones setup or you can really dig into the backend and customize it endlessly. I love that I can create custom confirmation emails, separate products, group classes, take payments through Stripe or PayPal and that my clients get a reminder email before their session. The benefits are amazing!

Pros: My favorite feature about Acuity is the overall ease of use. It is not complicated to manage for someone who isn't too tech savvy. It has easy to understand instructions, modern and clean user-interface and even a little wit and personality thrown into the design, which makes this software completely unique. I know that anyone looking to manage their client appointments will be more than satisfied with the benefits and features that Acuity offers as I have referred several people including real estate agents, personal stylists, web designers, interior designers, pet sitters and business coaches. The platform is so flexible and so customizable that there really isn't anyone who can't use it for their business needs.
There are even intake forms that can be individually assigned to an appointment type, which helps streamline my process of taking on new clients. I love the fact that I can create "Add-on" for specific appointment types if I want to offer an additional service, and the fact that I can hold a customer's credit card with or without charging. Like I said, there are numerous options!
The last and most important benefit is that Acuity enables an easy embedding for your website so you can maintain a professional look while keeping your customers on your website.

Cons: The only thing I can think of that I would like is to have intake forms that provide IFTTT, meaning that I could create questions that only show up if a user selects a specific response. The intake forms are great for the information that they do provide, but they could use a little upgrade in my opinion.

• Reviewed on 6/08/2016
Riccardo L.
Wood Crafter
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2021

"The one tool for all things appointment scheduling"

Comments: Overall, my experience with Acuity Scheduling has been a good one.

Pros: Acuity Scheduling does what you would expect from a scheduling tool and does it extremely well. You can sync the tool with your calendar app so that you don't have double-bookings, set up events with a different duration, choose the type of reminders (email and, with some plans, text messages too) and pick the information you would want a person to share when they fill out the form to book an appointment with you. Then, simply share the link with them and you're all set: they'll be able to schedule an appointment and will receive the necessary confirmation and reminders. You, as the organizer, will be notified by email and the appointment date and time will be automatically blocked off in your calendar. I also really like that it's possible to connect Acuity Scheduling to tools like Zoom and Google Meet so that your appointment booking process will be really streamlined from start to finish. Depending on the plan you go for, you'll even be able to get paid for services or have memberships – and you even have the option for people to tip you.

Cons: If you plan on selling coaching, consulting services or therapy sessions through Acuity Scheduling, you'll need to get ready to pay more than $20/month as some of the payment-related features are only available for certain paid plans.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2021
Raymond R.
Self employed\owner home repair services
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/03/2021

"Scheduling\appointment maker"

Comments: So far it's been a great introduction and beginning of a long relationship ahead. I'm now and to free up some time for other things needing done while a aquity works for me!

Pros: I love that you can integrate into current platforms and social media business tools and calenders with little or no effort on my behalf. Love the pricing and services template to record the services you offer and prices. Also allows customers to create their own appointment using your service template line items, and you can choose certain services to be only privately accessed by me that you can change easily anytime. Alerts you by email if you daily, weekly or monthly schedule and appointments whichever cycle you prefer

Cons: There's really nothing that I can say I dislike about aquity, there's still alt I have to learn that I'm positive will only cause me to like this software even more. Such as intregating into my Google business booking tool and my website booking tool. I know that you can do this already I'm just not tech savvy enough to be able to do it.

• Reviewed on 3/03/2021
Sheryl L.
Makeup Artist
Cosmetics, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2019

"The best out there!"

Comments: Overall, I’ve been through so many different trials and softwares that I found this one to work best for my business. Also, communication with customer service was a breeze and received prompt responses for any issues and questions.

Pros: What I like most about acuity is that there are so many features that allow seamless productivity and communication between myself and clients. I also love the interface and how user friendly to set up the account. I went through so many different trials and found this one to have everything I needed plus more! What really made me make that switch from square appointments was how easy it was for me to sync my existing calendars to automatically block off any events I have scheduled to prevent over booking.

Cons: I feel the most improvement is the app however, I can easily use the Mobile version site that I can use all the full features it offers.

Alternatives Considered: Square Appointments and Booksy

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: More custom features and also syncs with square for invoicing clients.

Switched From: Square Appointments

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: Competitive pricing with better features.

• Reviewed on 5/12/2019
Fidelis A.
sales executive
Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/04/2021

"Acuity Latest Review 2021"

Comments: My overall experience is great. I like the email marketing features. It is easy to customize and clients can receive a confirmation email when an appointment is booked.

Pros: Acuity scheduling is a great online appointment booking and scheduling web-based software. The onboarding features enables me to set up a full-functioning appointment booking system for my clients easily. Using acuity scheduling software involves setting up your business/ services offer, your consultation price, duration of the appointment, and service name to enable your client to book and schedule an appointment with you at the time of your availability through Sunday to Saturday. This software helps me to stay organized, and never get double booked through integration and instant syncing with Google Calendar, iCloud, Office 365, and Exchange. Using acuity scheduling software, I can now easily embed it into my website or share the link to allow my clients to schedule their own appointments. It is easy to use and can be integrated with many Softwares like email marketing and video conferencing software makes it exceptional.

Cons: Sincerely, this software is good at what it does. The part I think they need some touch is the part of their subscription. They should offer a free plan that opens the entire features during the trial period. I couldn't get a good-looking template and cannot feel good during my free trial period. please allow new users to use the template feature to enable them to return. Also, customer support should be improved.

• Reviewed on 5/04/2021
Tessa V.
Leadership Mentor and Meditation Teacher
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2019

"Powerful scheduling app with many features"

Comments: It took a little bit of getting used to, and the help section was not very intuitive, but once I understood how everything worked it was a fantastic app. The only thing that let it down for me was that some functionalities that are advertised don't work in all regions (such as certain integrations not being compliant with GDPR regulations in the EU).

Pros: + Professional looking scheduling pages
+ Great functionality and features for all appointment types and scheduling needs
+ Easy integration with social media

Cons: - Backend interface is a bit chaotic and complicated to get used to
- Mailchimp integration does not work with GDPR

Alternatives Considered: Calendly and appointlet

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: I did not like the calendar view of Calendly.

Switched From: Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: More functionality and features, especially group appointment option, and much better / professional looking scheduling pages. After the free trial of Acuity, I did decide to stay with Appointlet until I have more revenue and can afford Acuity

• Reviewed on 21/10/2019
Scott S.
Consultant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2019

"How to book clients without loosing time, energy or money."

Comments: If you are looking for a quality scheduling SAAS that won't let you down and works just as hard as you. And has all the features/integrations you could possibly need. You can't go wrong with Acuity Scheduling.

Pros: For 2+ years I was a coach for one of the fastest growing, non vc backed, internet marketing SAAS companies in the world. I used Acuity Scheduling on a daily basis. It made my job that much easier. It saved me time, effort and overall made me more money. When I was booked with clients I was working. And when I was working I was making money. Acuity allowed me to easily have my clients schedule themselves into my availability and schedule a zoom meeting with them all in a simple to use platform for both myself and my client. Overall Acuity has been there through over 200+ 5-8 week coaching programs and we never had any major issues. I have now left my "9-5" and started my own journey in the entrepreneurial world. And of course I will be using Acuity Scheduling for my scheduling needs.

Cons: The one thing that I can think of that could be potentially problematic and could be improved upon is that I am currently not aware of a way to block a client from rescheduling. It would be nice to be able to block them after X reschedules. Or something to that extent. But this would not stop me from using Acuity. It is just to valuable of a tool.

• Reviewed on 11/10/2019
Sarita B.
Empowerment Coach
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2021

"Recommended by my Coach"

Comments: The simplicity of intake is priceless. I gather all the information I need from the intake form and it is so easy for the women that are scheduling their talkshow time with me. Without back and forth emails I am able to gather their headshots and Social Media Handles with ease, I love it!

Pros: I have tried using other software like Calendy and OnceHub and none of them allowed me to specify a day and time for appointments which I need for getting people on my Talkshow. I love how simple, it took no effort and at to figure out how to do this with Acuity. I am grateful my coach recommended this as his favorite mode of taking appointments.

Cons: I cannot think of anything I do not like about the feature and paid plan that I have.

Alternatives Considered: ScheduleOnce

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: Calendly didn't allow me (or I couldn't figure it out after about 2 hours) to choose a specific time on a day in which I can schedule. I have a talkshow the runs once a week at a very specific time so I needed a way in which people could easily sign up for a slot and provide their personal information all in one. Acuity was the answer!

Switched From: Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: I have a talkshow the runs once a week at a very specific time so I needed a way in which people could easily sign up for a slot and provide their personal information all in one. Acuity was the answer!

• Reviewed on 13/01/2021
Simone T.
Coach
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2020

"Love this program"

Comments: I use this for scheduling appointments for clients on a daily basis, and found it easy, simple and effective

Pros: I had been using another program for 6 months and struggled to get it to work as I wanted, after a recommendation I decided to give this a whirl, and within an hour it was set up.. fully functioning and ready to go with everything I had been working hard to set up in the older program! I cannot recommend it enough for simple, easy and highly functional design!

Cons: I found setting up other charging selections harder to set up and not have them visible to all clients.

Alternatives Considered: Zapier

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: I found Calendly not user friendly & after playing with it for several months - tried this on a recommendation from another colleague

Switched From: Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: Ease of use and access to try before committing gave me confidence in the product. I had the critical things set up in a heartbeat with the streamline set up process so loved the product quickly!

• Reviewed on 23/03/2020
Erica B.
Coach | Trainer
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2017

"A Fantastic Productivity Tool Especially for Solopreneurs"

Comments: I was having a challenge I think many of you experience - the ping-pong scheduling game. It goes something like this: I need to schedule a day/time with a business partner or client so we send emails back-and-forth giving our projected availability which inevitably changes between the time I sent my email and when they reply. This ends up going on for several cycles until a mutually agreed upon date/time is found, more than likely weeks after the initial ask. What a waste of time! I was informed about Acuity Scheduling while I was presenting at the California Placement Association's southern regional workshop, and I decided to look into it. As a Solopreneur, I have to choose my investments wisely, so I was happy to engage in the 14-day free trial. It ended up being a much more robust scheduling "service" than I could've wished for. The aspects I found most helpful were: the ability to sync with my iPhone calendar (which becomes my "master" calendar by default because it's on my phone), the ability of email reminders being sent to me and the person who scheduled a meeting time with me, and the ability to create different "groups." The groups feature is helpful when you want to distinguish between a client, a colleague, or a friend. I did have to enter my availability in a couple of times while I was going through a learning curve, and I think as a general usage "limitation" (it would be great if you could "copy" an existing calendar for one new group, and then add or delete availability blocks accordingly). There are 2 different calendar types - one where hours are set, and one where they fluctuate, so it's the latter that I've been engaging with, and for that reason, creating your availability for multiple groups may be a bit more "clunky." Despite that, I've created four (4) different groups with 2 different hour structures, and it was working fabulously! I did think I could live with the free version of the software, but the loss of the calendar sync feature is the biggest reason I've now decided to make the $/month investment. When trying Acuity Scheduling out under their free trial, really get into as many of the features as applicable for your business so you can make an informed decision about a future investment. In doing so, you can be certain of your choice to invest in this very useful scheduling tool.

Pros: Mostly User Friendly, Syncing Feature for Multiple Calendars, Creating Multiple "Groups," & Email Reminders

Cons: Groups: when you're schedule varies, you need to add in your availability all over again; no option for a 'cut-and-paste' from an existing group's calendar and then add/subtract time as needed.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2017
Whisper G.
Personal Trainer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2019

"Free Trial Makes an easy decision to Move to Paid Programming"

Comments: Acuity is providing a high end, multi setting software for a business running multiple services. Switching to Acuity will save us time and money!

Pros: It's clean and simple. Looking forward to transitioning over to using this paid program and get it up and running on our Website.

Cons: Having trouble figuring out what way is best to link it to our accounting software so that we can use our bank payment option instead of credit card option only.

Alternatives Considered: WellnessLiving, WooCommerce and Bookly

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: Mindbody is EXPENSIVE

Switched From: Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: It provides me with all the options I need, in a very clean format that is affordable for a small business. It has multiple payment processors to choose from and can connect with our accounting software through Zapier.

Anthonia S.
Business Development Strategist
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2019

"Review from Business Development Consulting Company"

Comments: So far my experience has been good. Once I was able to figure out the navigation of the system I was ok.

Pros: I like that I'm able to send links out for each individual type of appointment for my business. I also like the convenience of having my clients pay up front before I receive any notifications of an appointment request.

Cons: It takes a while for you to fully understand how everything works, but once you do, you can see the benefits and value in the paid service.

Alternatives Considered: Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling: I was not able to navigate Square as easily as I can navigate Acquity. Also I was not able to attach documents for my clients to review at the time of their booking.

Switched From: Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Acuity Scheduling: See above

Christopher N.
Life Insurance Advisor
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2019

"Comprehensive, Functional and Affordable"

Comments: Really fantastic. The only reason I've ever taken breaks from Acuity is because I myself was between different businesses. Being a direct sales based professional, Acuity has done a great job servicing my needs. They have a funny persona to them too in how they communicate to you through the software, which is actually refreshing. To be clear, that refreshingly funny communication is just to you, not your clients. They keep it professional.

Pros: You can set a variety of types of appointments. There's frankly no critical appointment booking function that isn't available. Whether you need 5 different appoint times, to block time, or even make yourself seem a bit busier than you really are, these are all appreciated features especially to a startup. Being in a appointment centric industry Acuity really does it all, and at the best price. I know because I've tried numerous other appointment booking software services.

Cons: The only real issue I've ever had with Acuity is that my logo on the appointment booking page is somewhat overlapping the border of the appointment booking window. I'm not sure if this was my own error, but even so it's minor and doesn't take away at all from what Acuity does for me.

• Reviewed on 27/12/2019
Eric P.
Self-Employed
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2019

"Acuity Scheduling Helps Automate and Organize My Business"

Comments: Acuity Scheduling allows my business to run as if I had a larger team even though it's just me. It gives me a lot of time back so I can focus more on the lead or customer's needs versus the logistics of my business and how will I get the next step done.

Pros: I used to be a Calendly user but switched over to Acuity Scheduling for the features and integrations. I'm a big fan of Zapier but when I can connect tools directly without creating a Zap, then I will always choose that option. Since I also use ConvertKit for email marketing and Zoom for video conferencing, it's great that Acuity Scheduling integrates with both of them directly so I can add leads to funnels and automatically schedule meetings. As a backup, I can always link Acuity to tools via Zapier such as how I connect Acuity Scheduling to Trello so all my form requests come to a Trello board as a card with the information displayed as exactly as I need it so my Zoom meetings can be that much easier.

Cons: The UX/UI can be a bit much at times as the menu options are as straightforward and there is quite a bit of toggling back in forth if you want to update questions versus updating a form itself.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2019