• Overall
    4.7/5
    4.7/5
    4.9/5

About SkyPrep

SkyPrep specializes in automating and transitioning any aspect of your employee training to an online platform, simply, and painlessly.

Learn more about SkyPrep

Rae M.
Learning Architect
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees

"Outstanding LMS "

Comments: We did not have an LMS at CoolIT when I started. After looking over a number of solutions, we came down to three top contenders. Upon meeting with the team at SkyPrep, weighing the cost vs benefit, and the consistent professionalism of the SkyPrep team, our choice became easy. The SkyPrep team are open to partnering and very helpful when I need some assistance or advice on the best way to complete a task. Both myself and the HR Manager are thrilled with our choice.

Pros: SkyPrep has a number of features that has made my job as the one person learning team easier. I love the dashboard that my participants see and how simple/user friendly it is for them. The ease to add courses, materials and create learning paths has been a wonder. The ability to create our own custom email templates, landing page and branding has made the LMS our own rather than appearing to be from a third party. Finally, it's awesome that my learners can access the LMS via their phone, laptop or desktop. It is helping us create a true learning culture here at our companyl.

Cons: I would like the reporting to be a bit more robust and friendly. I can get what I need, but I need to do some work for it. The only other thing I would like is when I'm needing to check on a learner's progress and pop into their account, when I go to switch back to my admin account, it doesn't bring me back to the screen I was working on before I logged into the user. Both things are small, and easily worked around.

Manuela C.
Distribution Sales Coordinator
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2020

"Recent SkyPrep Experience"

Comments: Since we have been assigned an Account Manager, we have accelerated in using the platform due to increased knowledge of the features that were added over the previous years.
I would like to compliment our Account Manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
who has done an outstanding job over the last months in taking the time to do online demonstrations with us and support us with any query/problem we encountered along the way.

Pros: It is easy to use, features like the dashboard and adding tests at the end of online training modules make it a great training platform that we have been using. The reporting is very comprehensive with charts included for quick analysis and snapshots to use for internal reporting.
I especially like the look of the new beta version which we are testing at the moment. It has a very modern look and is more intuitive.

Cons: When users forget their password they do not often know how to re-set the password for themselves which creates both a bottleneck for them as internal work. However, the new more modern look of the Beta version is taking care of this :)

• Reviewed on 29/04/2020
Matt "griff" K.
Sales Representative at Geist, a division of Vertiv
Industrial Automation, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/01/2019

"Internal Training Tool"

Comments: We were trying to put all internal training for a large corporation on one platform, which was achieved.

Pros: It is a good app that allows internal training videos and courses to be accessible to all employees. It is a good central platform that allows for uniformity in training.

Cons: It seems that the search function is not very strong or intuitive. When you are trying to find training in a large library, it does not always find what you need. It also does not call out dependency courses well.

• Reviewed on 9/01/2019
Hannah W.
National Director, Sales Training and Recruiting
Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"Team Expansion Worked Perfectly"

Comments: We started using SkyPrep a few years ago, solely for training our sales team. We saw great success with the platform and decided to expand our user base to include company-wide training initiatives. Our expansion took very little time and we have been able to accomplish numerous company-wide training goals in a fraction of the time that we expected.

Pros: SkyPrep is user-friendly and has required little training for our field employees to use it. Creating and editing training modules is quick, easy, and requires little technical knowledge, which has helped me in my position immensely.

Cons: I do not have anything negative to say about SkyPrep at this time.

Zack Z.
Director of Education
Education Management, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2019

"Top of the Line Service"

Comments: Everyone at Skyprep was extremely professional, prompt, fair, and friendly. I was able to get answers to my numerous questions promptly. Rep. was amazing in working with us to meet all of our demands, big or small. He and others always did was fair and right, and we couldn't be any happier with our choice to use Skyprep and their services to meet all of our school's and business needs.

Pros: The software is extremely easy to use, even given my somewhat challenged IT experience. I was able to create classrooms and add various files effortlessly. My students and employees enjoyed using the software quite a bit as well.

Cons: I think this was just me, but I was unable to add contents, such as pictures/graphs/charts, to questions that I created on tests/assessments to make them more interactive.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2019
Negar M.
Registered Nurse
Hospital & Health Care, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/04/2019

"Easy to use, and great support team!"

Comments: We have had a great experience so far, and BoostHQ complemented SkyPrep and completed our e-learning tools.

Pros: I like to clean interface and easy to navigate platform. I am an admin on the platform and I am easily able to create courses, add users and generate reports. And from the learners' side, we receive minimal questions on how to work with the platform.
We also use BoostHQ as a repository for our learning material, and the integration between the two products has made it very easy to manage and share our content with employees.

Cons: No complain so far. We have had few reach-outs to the support team and asked for a specific type of report, and our account manager helped us with it.

• Reviewed on 8/04/2019
Srdjan K.
Medical Devices, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/03/2019

"Great training software for my customer service team"

Comments: Great experience so far, we mainly use SkyPrep to train our overseas customer service team. We use the webinar function a lot and never had issues with it. I also really like the advanced reporting features, I need to create customized reports for our weekly meetings and SkyPrep makes everything available easily.

Pros: Ease of use, customer service, easy to manage the platform and create courses as an administrator

Cons: No complaints so far, I asked the customer service team for specific features and it so happened that they are releasing a set of new features soon, some of which are the ones I was looking for.

• Reviewed on 7/03/2019
Jean-robert L.
National Director of Human Resources
Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Great Product!"

Comments: We have employees all across the country and I use SkyPrep for remote employee training on a variety of topics including customer service, leadership and human resources principles. The software is very intuitive and keeps my employees engaged and moving forward in their training. The dashboard feature allows me to quickly and easily monitor their progress and provide feedback.

Pros: Clean design, intuitive function and ease of setting up training modules.

Cons: I really haven't found anything yet that I dislike.

Jeff B.
Principle Consultant
Telecommunications, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/09/2019

"Sector Supply, LC Feedback"

Comments: Overall, generally favorable. I have even recommended this platform to peers outside of work but within my industry.

Pros: Generally, the overall ease-of-use is beneficial to conduct our virtual training (on-line) training of monthly employee requirements. There isn't much needed in terms of initial training on this platform as it basically requires an overall walk-through from an experienced admin type to become instantly functional.

Cons: There really isn't aspect of this platform that I like least per se, but I did have a couple of 'hiccups' back when I was beginning to become a user that I've successfully resolved on my own.

• Reviewed on 3/09/2019
Traci P.
President/CEO
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2018

"Has completely changed our training program"

Pros: Love the flexibility and ease of use - SkyPrep is Awesome and I can't imagine functioning without it.

Cons: The reporting is a little wonky and you can't edit some things after a training program has been created

• Reviewed on 19/02/2018
Sam H.
Training & Development Manager
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/07/2020

"Everything you need in an LMS made easy"

Comments: My overall experience with Skyprep has been amazing. It's a great platform, there is nothing major that they are missing and improvements are constantly being made. Cloud-based is the way to go and Skyprep is leading the industry. It's almost the perfect LMS, and I know we are a tough customer since many of our locations operate so much differently with different customer requirements and remote locations where internet connections are spotty. The customer service with Skyprep has been amazing, they have made several suggested improvements for me quickly and are always there to help answer questions or support how I am using the system. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is my designated one-point-of contact and she is super helpful and great to work with.

Pros: I have used some of the biggest and most expensive LMS products in the past with other companies and worked in this industry for 20+ yrs, so coming into this new position with a smaller company that had not previously used an LMS, I performed a thorough analysis of top LMS products, and tested them for about 3 months. Some seemed hard to navigate, or not user friendly and others had good features I liked, but missing other critical pieces that are a must. Skyprep had everything I needed (and was used to using in the past with more expensive products), plus additional features you normally don't get with a clean easy-to-use interface. My favorite feature is the download functionality - some of our job sites are in remote locations where internet connections can be..."spotty" so having the ability to download inside the browser window is great - and through multi-tabbed browsers, you can pull up and download multiple courses ahead of time (for iPads, phones), plus an additional ability to download to a computer (if using on a computer) is an added bonus. This allows users to pre-download content ahead of time before playing a video for a group of employees, taking a course by yourself, or getting on an airplane, etc.

Cons: Like any new platform, there is a learning curve, but Skyprep has been unusually easy and intuitive to use, I'm excited about being able to download content through the App soon.

• Reviewed on 9/07/2020
Greg H.
Training Director
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2019

"Wholehearted Endorsement of this Product"

Pros: Pricing is economical and transparent. No mandatory phone conference/interview just to find out what it costs. Efficient sales process. Before my first phone call with the sales rep, they provided me links to YouTube videos detailing their capabilities, which greatly minimized the time required with the sales team to understand exactly what they offer. They were the only LMS I researched that did this and didn't hide their costs until the end. Extremely user friendly platform to administer and use that includes built-in course authoring tools. Meets all of our needs to provide internally developed online course ware in several formats. A course catalog and means for purchasing course ware from external content vendors is also integrated into the LMS. The staff are very responsive, outstanding to work with and very helpful when needed. They are also proactive and have solicited feedback about what next upgrades to their platform we would most like to see. If/when they get to some of those I'll easily give them full marks for functionality and features.

Cons: Customer service and communication is primarily via email, therefore, clarifying the exact nature and extent of a problem sometimes requires some back and forth.

Shalayna P.
Corporate Trainer
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2019

"Great product! Easy to use! Very effective!"

Comments: I am a corporate trainer for a dental management company, training over 100 employees each day. It is very important to us that we are able to apply systematic and consistent information to all 7 of our dental offices. SkyPrep has allowed us to do so, and has made it a very simple process. It's easy to set up, easy to make changes, and easy to track our employees' progress. It's also very user-friendly for the staff completing their training courses. We love it!

Pros: The software is very user-friendly and has been extremely easy to set up and implement.

Cons: I wish there was a feature to replace videos in the Resource Center. Often times our videos require updating, and it would be wonderful if we could easily replace a video, like we do with a document, without having to delete it, upload a new one, and add it back into all appropriate courses.

Lindsey S.
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2017

"Pleasantly surprised with SkyPrep"

Comments: We are a midsize municipal government agency and purchased SkyPrep for our LMS about a year ago. As the administrator for the LMS, I have been thoroughly impressed. The system has a very intuitive and user-friendly UI, our users require very little training to use it. They open it up and say, "oh, ok, I see my training pending my completion here. Seems easy enough." And that's it. Also from an admin side, its easy to use - I've trained several non-technical users on the admin role and I get similar feedback on ease of use. We also have a few 'group managers' who have security rights somewhere between admins and users. It's inexpensive, which is perfect for us with a limited budget. Several departments have created their own content in Powerpoint or videos, and we've launched it to users, and the group manager monitors completion. We partnered with external content providers as well, - that's where the big money seems to go, so its been more cost effective to develop our own, which is easy to do with their content creator tool. But SkyPrep accepts content in so many different formats, that we've been able to leverage various webinar recordings, Youtube videos, even DVD content and internally-developed policies in Word and PDF. Reporting is pretty simple - my only complaint is that the reporting options are somewhat limited. However, I sent an email to the service team making a request for an additional filter option, and - wham! They added it to my account. I was very impressed that they listened to my feedback and were so accommodating. That additional report has made my job much easier. Another thing I've been thoroughly impressed with is their frequent releases and enhancements. It always seems like they're adding some new cool feature that again makes my job easier - seems like the frequency is somewhere between monthly and quarterly. I still email my original contact on occasion with a question or comment, and he always gets back to me within a day. Really, really pleased with SkyPrep.

• Reviewed on 24/03/2017
Anamarie R.
Senior Environmental Specialist
Environmental Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/04/2017

"Government Client 2 classes created"

Comments: The ease of creating the course is excellent. The ability to upload videos, documents, exams is user-friendly. Searching for users and viewing their course history, and the details of the individual course items is fantastic. I would have given more starts for features & functionality but I think our use of the system pales in comparison to your other customers and we have not had the need to take advantage of full features available to us. The value is good considering the time savings from an in-person course. Thanks and keep up the great work!

Pros: ease of use, ability to share classes with other potential customers

Cons: not sure if users are cheating...
not sure if users have ability to complete courses on their smartphones?

• Reviewed on 6/04/2017
Courtney H.
Learning and Development Specialist
Staffing & Recruiting, 501-1,000 Employees

"SkyPrep Review"

Comments: This has helped with tracking employee compliance training, new hire training, etc. It has been great to add a more formalized look and feel to our training program.

Pros: As an admin, the system is very user friendly. Uploading content, creating new user accounts, creating courses and learning paths, etc. is very straightforward. I am also able to get quick responses from the SkyPrep team when I run into issues. I have also seen some of our feature requests become actual features, which has been great!

Cons: We did have some technical issues on our end that other customers did not experience. So it took a bit of time before it was able to be diagnosed and resolved. The issue was something our company needed to address.

Andrew Z.
Corporate Trainer
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"Clean Easy to Use Interface"

Pros: I love the modern and minimalist approach to the UI. There is nothing there that doesn't need to be there (which I know is cutting down on questions I have to answer from my users). As we are integrating SkyPrep into our own product as a reference, the simple interface also makes it feel more like an extension of the product rather than a whole different software suite.

Cons: I would like some more powerful tools and available configurations from an admin's perspective.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Meg N.
Trainer
Staffing & Recruiting, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2019

"SkyPrep - Great support, Great buy~"

Comments: SkyPrep employees are very attentive to the needs of their customers. We have personal support without account and receive help with troubleshooting issues when they arise.

Pros: SkyPrep allows us to track our employee training fairly easily. Once we came up with a plan of attack in how we wanted to format our LMS, it became apparent to us that SkyPrep offered most of the tracking options we needed to keep our employees learning. SkyPrep allows us to assign training to anyone in the company and track the progress of their work.

Cons: There are a few options that are missing from SkyPrep which we have been promised will be developed soon.

Data Manager
Media Production, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2019

"Skyprep is A Great Option for Courses"

Comments: We were able to totally put our training online using Skyprep and it's been successful for most users, only some individuals have had trouble navigating the system. We've had young adults all the way to seniors using Skyprep and it has helped with giving people flexibility with how fast or slow they want their training to be. It's fairly easy to manage and we're looking at additional ways to use it in our company. Customer support has always been good and unlike other software we use, we haven't had much issues with Skyprep at all so we've been consistently happy with it.

Pros: Skyprep is fairly easy to use and pick up, and flexible with customization. You can upload several types of files.

Cons: We had very basic reporting which isn't as helpful for fine tuning reports, but we are hoping more advanced reporting will allow us an easier time.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Anna F.
Employee Development Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2017

"The SkyPrep team has been amazing at developing solutions to meet our unique LMS needs."

Comments: The ability to have our managers track their team members' learning, ease of scheduling classes, course materials stored in one easy to access place, the specific permissions we were able to set up for users and managers, the reporting features, the "helpdesk" features/support, and the user-friendly design.

Pros: The customer support via SkyPrep has been phenomenal in everything from developing requested software features, "helpdesk" accessibility when we have questions, explaining things clearly, and being positive and upbeat in every interaction via E-mail or phone.

Cons: For any kind of software (LMS or non-LMS), there are always features you could dream up. I think that the value you get from the investment you make in the SkyPrep software is definitely worth it. (We have the Enterprise Plan.)

• Reviewed on 19/05/2017
Julie H.
Specialist II
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/04/2019

"Easy to Use"

Comments: We are in the beginning stages of using SkyPrep, but so far our employees like the platform. They find it easy to use and understand. When I have needed assistance SkyPrep support has always been available. I like talking with a person, rather than resolving issues via email. I would highly recommend this product!!

Pros: I like that I can easily figure out the functionality without needing to contact SkyPrep for help. When I signed up for the free trial, I was able to quickly enter users, assign courses and create assessments without assistance. That sold me on the product. My company now uses it on a daily basis.

Cons: Sometimes the platform is so easy to use that I over-think functionality. But, with a quick call to our account manager issues are resolved.

• Reviewed on 4/04/2019
Jack K.
Founder & Director
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2014

"your learning platform partner"

Comments: I have been on both sides of the IT tech/user interface. I can enthusiastically and unequivocally say that I have never known an IT operation with a more positive can-do attitude than SkyPrep's. First, they have a stellar platform. But no platform is perfect and there are always features and options that might make it better. In other IT operations -- including the ones I have belonged to -- the attitude on the part of the tech people was very much we/they. "We (the tech people) know all. And wouldn't this be a great job if it weren't for all those users and customers we have to deal with." The attitude at SkyPrep is much healthier and ultimately much more constructive for everyone. If you have an idea for a feature, SkyPrep's approach is open-minded and creative. "Hmmm. Maybe that would be a good idea. And maybe it would be even better if we also did such-and-such..." I'm not saying the SkyPrep tech people don't have to prioritize and I'm not saying they can drop everything for every request you make, but they seem to think of customers as partners, as scouts for what the training market needs. So if you need more than a cookie cutter approach to a learning platform, I would make two suggestions. Number one, sign up with SkyPrep; most if not all the features you need are probably already there. Number Two, think of yourself as their partner in return by respectfully and appreciatively letting them know what you think would help them in their mission of making SkyPrep even better and better and better. And that's saying a lot.

by SkyPrep on 31/07/2014

Thanks Jack! We will always work to make sure you are getting what you need.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2014
Pamela K.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2019

"Excelent LM System and Support"

Comments: Wonderful. Planning to grow our business with them.

Pros: The course features made it easy for me to set up my online school. Plus, they have adapted special requests. Customer service is especially good.

Cons: Inconsistent for users wanting to access through hot spot or phone data

• Reviewed on 19/08/2019
Rhonan B.
International Director of Coaching
Sports, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2019

"Simple functionality for an LMS"

Pros: Very easy to use and navigate across the platform from a learner and manager's perspective. The training process for new and existing staff has been simplified for direct managers and provides a more professional feel to the company. It's relatively simple to create and add new courses and assign them to relevant groups. Fantastic support if there are any issues or queries with the platform.

Cons: It's not the most robust platform for a franchise system as we would like certain user capabilities that are not available to learners or managers. It would be more beneficial if we were able to implement different resource centers for different groups.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Joe M.
Sr Mgr, Quality and Compliance
Consumer Electronics, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2017

"Love SkyPrep"

Comments: Skyprep has allowed us to really streamline our training programs and be compliant with the industry standards that we follow. It's affordable, flexible, and great for our company.

Pros: Ease of use, flexibility, cost

Cons: Would prefer some more advanced features.

by SkyPrep on 31/03/2017

Hi Joe! Thank you taking the time to provide us with a review. I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of adding some exciting new features for 2017. If you reach out to [email protected], a team member will be happy to provide a summary of our development plans.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2017