MultiFlex RMS Reviews

by Microhouse Systems

• Overall
    4.1 /5

About MultiFlex RMS

An easy-to-use Retail Management Solution that operates effectively as a standalone or multi-store, multi-lane network.

Learn more about MultiFlex RMS

Showing 25 reviews of 67

Mario R.
CEO/General Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/10/2018

"Managing my stores with the right Retail Management System (RMS)"

Comments: " When I open my first store for Cosmetics and Beauty tools I had no idea of the retail business. Coming from the financial world, I felt overwhelmed with so many little products that I needed to handle, so many varieties and colors, that I thought "I will never get control over what I am doing here". I tried many softwares, with a huge amount of time invested but couldn't get control of cash flow, tender types and most important of all,…over the stock. When I contacted MHSystems, they listen to me and asked critical questions of my business….exactly the ones I needed to be in control of,…and they were not only ables to understand my business but also suggest me the right retail software to handle my specific type of business…Until then I didn't know that there were specific softwares depending on the type of retail you are in. Furthermore, they gave me several papers and documents to read and study which illustrated me on how to use the right software they were offering me and how to make adequate control of the key variables of my business . It was not until I started following the "good practices" and follow the "know how" that MHSystems has on the retail industry by using their software when I begun to take control of my business. Coming from the financial world I know that stock and money are the most important things to take care of and the RMS has all the necessary controls and management tools to ensure these aspects are being permanently monitored and controlled. Furthermore, RMS has helped me to grow my company in several store every year because it just has what it takes to help you manage small to middle size companies on the tips of your finger. Of course you must be constantly studying and learning all the features this software has in order to produce more with less effort and time, but once you learn the logics on which the software is based then is like you are given 25 years experience from MHSystems right into your brain.,..you can't fail in your business if you work with these tools by your side."

Pros: 1.- Scalable solution when your business begin to grow. I begin with one (1) single store, I have 10 Stores now and growing…Even a Franchise version allows to expand even more your business if you want.
2.- Total POS control, flexible promotions set up.
3.- Easy functionalities for Staff, complete set of features and reporting for Managers and owners.
4.- Accurate stock management. Bin location, Expiration dates, samples, damages, Serial Nos., etc.
5.- Powerful and accurate solution (specially for those with financial and business background).

Cons: Basic features are easy. BUT Not that that easy to learn all the middle to high features,… if you are planning to get the most of it you will need to invest time in order to learn and understand.

• Reviewed on 1/10/2018
Angela R.
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"Stable, Functional, Outstanding POS System"

Comments: Our Seattle-based small business purchased the Retail Management Software (RMS) for Fashion from Microhouse Systems in 2010, about 8 years ago and we have been using it successfully ever since. This is a very straightforward, Windows based system that meets all our needs ranging from a 100% accurate & easy POS to ring up sales and Customer Relationship Management...to...an outstanding Inventory management system to order, receive, price and tag our goods for sale (apparel, accessories, shoes, gifts, consignment jewelry) and more. There is a somewhat steep learning curve at first, as it has so many functions. I have found the POS easy to train new sales associates, and likewise my store managers can delve in deeper into the software to utilize more functions with ease (does take some practice and learning though) Each year, the Microhouse team performs automatic upgrades and adds more and more useful (sometimes eye opening) reports to help me better understand my business. The phone-based customer service from Microhouse is outstanding, though our staff does have to pay attention to the time difference as we are in the US and they are in Canada. One major feature of this POS is its stability. Our RMS-POS system has never malfunctioned, there's been ZERO downtime, and it has never been hacked or infected by a virus. (Note: we run this system on two older model Windows' PC's along with Kaspersky Total Security, connected to the Internet) .

Pros: The way in which the Customers, Inventory and Sales are all interlinked, and the personalized customer service and support you will receive.

Cons: The basic function of ringing up customers is easy and straight forward, but I can be difficult to train new employees on all the intricacies beneath the basics.

Erin P.
Apparel & Fashion
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2015

"Knowledge is Power"

Pros: In todays retail market place there is no way to compete unless you have knowledge to adapt to the changes that are happening more rapidly than ever. MultiFlex RMS gives you the data from all aspects of your business. Inventory and Staff. Buying Plans and Sell through movment reports are fantastic. Multi store ordering is a breeze. The software is flexible enough o adapt to your own business model but gives you almost unlimited reporting tools to make key timely decisions. As with any software this powerful there is a learning curve and the support team at MultiFlex RMS is always there to assist. There is a personal touch to the support that I have never experienced elsewhere. All said this is software is fantastic and I cannot imagine running a business without it.

Cons: Learning Curve with any detailed software is a mildly steep. All intricate software that does a lot takes a time investment to understand.

• Reviewed on 26/09/2015
Alejandro Z.
Director of Operations
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/05/2018

"Easy to use at Point of Sale."

Comments: Overall easy to use system and very user friendly functionalities.

Pros: Setup was easy and inexpensive.
Pretty robust inventory and purchasing features.
Many helpful reports.
Constantly upgrading features.

Cons: Wish support hours were spread wider.
Discount features a little complex.
Limited CC terminals to be used. (although new upgrade should fix it)

• Reviewed on 3/05/2018
Nicole S.

"Excellent customer service"

Comments: Extreme amount of reports that the POS can produce to efficiently run my business.

Pros: User friendly and easy to train new staff on this software. It has extensive amount of options to run business reports from the POS

Cons: There is nothing at this point that I can say that I do not like. I have used the system for 5 years and would highly recommend it.

Tyler B.
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

"first review"

Comments: Our experience to date has been positive

Pros: It is extremely user friendly, easy to train new staff to use. Great inventory control.

Cons: As we have three store locations....it would be great to be able to check on the inventory of all three stores.....as well as the sales reports of all three locations.

Gary T.
  • Reviewed on 1/03/2018

"Great Customer Support"

Pros: Accurate reporting, ease of usage and great customer support make this an excellent business tool for a small business.

• Reviewed on 1/03/2018
Kristy M.
  • Reviewed on 5/07/2018

"It's not very user friendly and the reports selection is very slim"

Comments: i'm able to ring people out and create purchase orders from this software which are the most basic pieces of running my business

Pros: the price - this was one of the cheaper software options out there. i was on a strict budget at the time of purchase

Cons: it's not user friendly. some fields you have to double click, some require a single click. and the selection of reports is not very prolific.

• Reviewed on 5/07/2018
Ben W.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2018

"Horrible Customer Service, I wish I never paid to use this software. HUGE MISTAKE!!!"

Pros: The Cost, is the only reason why I decided to use this software, It's pretty simply to use, that's about it.

Cons: Once I told them I was switching processors, they refused to call me back or speak with my new processor to switch over anything. They kept telling my processor they had to reprogram my devices, when I know the Software company should be the ones handling that! My Account Rep and she is very rude to me and my new processor. I don't understand how you can have someone like this represent your company. I understand there is a bit of a language barrier, but I can't believe how she speaks to me and my processor's support team. I will certainly look to go with a new software very very soon!!! If you are looking for a new software and reading this BEWARE!!! THEY ARE A HORRIBLE COMPANY!!! I highly regret ever working with them!!!

• Reviewed on 23/07/2018
Susan N.
Relationship Manager
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/05/2017

"Integration with Heartland Payment Systems"

Pros: I work for Heartland, and recently integrated one of MultiFlex RMS's customer's over to process with us. My tech contact, the rep was a joy to work with, was attentive and made the change over so easy! I wish every POS company was this easy to work with. I am looking forward to working with this company in the future.

Cons: I do not have any negative comments about the product or about the company. We had to tweak a couple of settings, but again, they made it easy to address and to fix.

• Reviewed on 1/05/2017
Moe M.
Apparel & Fashion
    2.5 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 3/07/2014

"It's working"

Pros: It tracks inventory great and has the best reporting. This is by far the best POS on the market for apparel.

Cons: There is not enough simplicity. I feel like there are ways to make the POS simpler with less clicks.

• Reviewed on 3/07/2014
Greg K.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2019

"Good Product/Good Customer Service"

Comments: Getting through transactions quickly, is very important.

Pros: This system has lots of features
Quantity on hand lists
In software ordering system
tagging price changes when receiving inventory
variety of ways to search for customers and tracking their purchase
very clean looking POS system. Easy to cash out customers.

Cons: Our one suggestion would be: When you have a customer return, to be able to return the product to store inventory or return to the company of origin for a credit.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2019
Hasib A.
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"Great standalone POS system !!"

Comments: Retail POS for clothing store

Pros: 1. Easy to use
2. Prompt Technical support
3. A lot of features in-house make it very versatile

Cons: 1. Only compatible with Windows operating system

Michele M.

"Review"

Comments: I like the support team - and customer rep. is very understanding and accommodating

Pros: User Friendly. Easy to learn. Adaptable to different retail inventory.

Cons: So far I have not had any bad experiences.

Beth H.

"Detailed Reporting"

Comments: We have been with Multiflex for 15 years. When it came time to update it was only logical to stay with the same company versus invest in a whole new program and go through the changes. I feel like the value is there but there may be other programs with better customer support.

Pros: The software is as detailed as you need it to be. Options for inventory, receiving, and sales reports are ample. Easy to use and easy to train.

Cons: Lots of little glitches in the program that take forever to get updated. More often than not the issues do not happen when I am of course on the phone with a customer service agent prolonging the issue getting resolved.

Tom K.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2019

"Not bad, not great"

Comments: Its ok for the price, good customer service, it works for most of our needs but nothing special, looks outdated and lags sometimes

Pros: Functional, simple, easy to use, works for our inventory management and point of sale

Cons: Outdated, looks old, lags , some features missing

• Reviewed on 20/01/2019
Jerry M.
  • Reviewed on 4/07/2013

"My Expressed Satisfaction"

Comments: While it's on my mind, I would like to send a review expressing my satisfaction with your company. The more I begin to use Multiflex, the better I like it. It seems to be a well thought out application. But most importantly, I'd like to compliment the staff of MHS. Absolutely everyone I've been in contact with beginning with your salesman - Graham, Roosevelt, you, and your training a support staff have been exceptional.

• Reviewed on 4/07/2013
Sheila F.
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2013

Comments: Our stores are located within 2 hours of LA. MultiFlex RMS has made it possible for us to manage all aspects of our business within 17 stores. At the head-office we monitor the performance for all stores & react accordingly. We find MultiFlex RMS optimized for our business.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2013
Lindsey H.
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/05/2017

"Lied to by sales people about functionalities, treated horribly by support staff when issues arose."

Comments: It does provide the basic inventory management functions we expected.

Pros: It wasn't super expensive and performs its basic functions effectively once the extremely tedious setup process is complete.

Cons: It doesn't integrate with QuickBooks online, it doesn't integrate with e-Commerce, it doesn't adapt easily to my purposes... all of these things I was told in the sales process that it would do. Training is essentially non-existent and there is no documentation to refer to later. All we had was a one hour session where our trainer took control of our system remotely and used his function keys to speed through setup steps (we couldn't even tell what he was doing because he didn't articulate it and didn't use the mouse) and wouldn't allow us to ask questions. They charge a bunch of money each year to install any updates and continue to give you access to their support, but none of that was explained or described by our sales person and was not in our contract. When I found a glitch in the system that was causing us peoblems at POS, the support manager was extremely rude and condescending to me, going so far as to ask how old I was because he felt I might lack the "experience" (his words) required to be able to find and resolve such an issue. I only wish we had the money to buy a real POS system with real support staff. The last time I tried to post a negative review I was bullied into having it removed by RMS management - that won't happen again.

• Reviewed on 6/05/2017
Chris C.
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2018

"SoSO.... you get what you pay for...."

Pros: Somewhat easy for daily use for the staff, for management, much MORE work :( Reports are many, but also means confusing at times

Cons: Customer support is confusing to get a hold of, I also have a 3 hour time difference, so my answers are usually 2-3 days later. Floor restocking report has a 1 minute "bug" where there's a blindspot and may affect you. They don't sound interested / willing to integrate their system w/ other credit card machine companies (they support only 2 services!) For some odd reason, I keep finding bugs in their system, and their latest update makes NO SENSE, why do I need to hit ANOTHER button to get the mix+match to kick in, before the update - it was automatic - do you see your grocery store checkout have a mix and match button? IT's AUTOMATIC! Every single one of my concerns that I've had in the past 2 years have gone unanswered and ignored - running a retail store is hard enough, and trying to get the backend support from these guy - it's like pulling teeth at times. I've been with them over 2 years - I've 2 different Tech support individuals (assigned) now, they got some turnover going on over there!

• Reviewed on 27/06/2018
Jorge P.
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"Super software for my stores and warehouse"

Comments: My business is in Puerto Rico. My data is in their servers in Canada. Lucky me because when the Hurricane hit PR on Sept 19 2017, 4 days later we were back running our business with no power, no internet and the POS system was flawless. This is the first time I rented a POS Solution and I am glad I chose Micro House.

Pros: POS is excellent even when my internet is down. I make Transfers to my stores from my warehouse and is very simple to use. Its just a matter of setting up all the all the upc codes. The PO are easy to do in quick order module. It will create a PO to your supplier and email directly to your supplier. All reports are perfect. The Customer service is perfect ***** stars. They will never let you fail using the system.

Cons: I rented the system in Feb 2017. It is a powerful system and I read the guides but even when I applied what I read, I called customer service and learned some more with the training they offer so it was a back and forth communication but they are very helpful. But it has its challenges that I overcame about 3 to 4 months with the system. There are no other bad issues to report.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Leslie C.
owner operator
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018

"Have used for years and find it excellent. Easy to use. Wish there was a training mode."

Comments: Allows for customer history. Easy to check inventory. Easy to order inventory. Reports help with selection of products based on sales.

Pros: Ease of use, functions, customer history, ability to customize. It could be modified for many types of business".

Cons: No training mode. When selecting the customer from the system using phone number, name or other, if you check the customers history, before hitting select customer, when you try to then select customer you have to start the selection again.

Tad D.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2019

"Best bang for the buck!"

Pros: Very comprehensive. This POS has allowed us to do everything from daily sales, inventory, as well as, invoicing and accounts receivable.

Cons: The scope of offerings provides a large platform for customer service representatives to have all knowledge necessary to help with issues however the designer can and will help you when needed.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2019
Bartolomeo (bert) D.
OWNER
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2018

"Ease of MultiflexRms"

Comments: Overall it has been Great and so easy to teach anyone how to use it.

Pros: Feom Day One Multiflex was so easy to use. Minimal training needed and you will be using it like a seasoned professional. No task is daunting.

Cons: The functionality with payment pricessors seems so easy but when a return error happens it is the only feature that can cause a small problem to rectify.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2018
Moe M.
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"Good Pos"

Pros: The pros is it has great reports and inventory management. Purchase orders works great. Customizable user right is also very helpful.

Cons: Not fully cloud based. The look of the pos is extremely outdated it needs a new look. Customer support is not 24 hours.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2018