• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5

About Freshdesk

Freshdesk is an easy-to-use customer service software that helps over 40,000 businesses worldwide create stellar customer experiences.

Learn more about Freshdesk

Showing 25 reviews of 2,224

Juan pablo A.
Installed Base Manager
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/12/2019

"Great ticket management software"

Comments: I would gladly recommend FreshDesk as a very competitive option if you are evaluating ticket management software. The whole implementation could be done by us in a manner of hours and they have an academy where you can get a certification and learn how to deploy it.

Pros: FreshDesk is one of the greatest ticket management software. It has a marketplace with addins that can expand it's features and possibilities and is easy to use. We deployed FreshDesk looking to upgrade how we managed out customers.They are now impproving with AI features.

Cons: The customer portal is a little bit dissapointing and can't be customized for every client. The contact management and arcade (gamification) features could be better, although they work.

• Reviewed on 3/12/2019
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2020

"It's good enough, but some features are lackluster, too expensive or missing"

Comments: You'd think that 400M of total investments gets you an insanely good piece of software. It does not.
Freshdesk was a huge step up from the tool we used previously and has some nice features. It's disappointing that some of the features are lackluster implemented or missing altogether or require you to purchase a higher tier license - just to maybe get one more feature out of a whole bundle you won't need.
That's not a stand-alone issue in this industry, but it's extra disappointing if you come across a promising tool that just can't go that extra mile.

Pros: It's quickly set up and you'll be working with it in no time, especially when you start from scratch and don't need to import (a lot).
As you work more with it, you'll run into a few issues that you'll have to adjust to. Most of it isn't major, it's just these little things that would turn it into a great tool. So without them, it's "only" good.
There are a few nice features when it comes to automation.

Cons: There's quite a few things I find annoying. None of them are bad enough to stop using Freshdesk altogether, but they're annoying. In no particular order:
- There's no default ticket view for users, information like this is stored in cookies - and lost when a user needs to delete their cookies for one reason or the other.
- Ticket list can be filtered by various criteria, those filters can be saved. But columns are set once, regardless of views. So you can't have different ticket lists where one shows the priority and the other does not for example.
- Speaking of lists: They are hard coded only for contacts and companies.
- The API uses base auth with a very simple password.
- Automations are limited in scope and the rules need to be set up very, very carefully to make sure they don't interefere with each other.
- If you want to change basic SLAs, you need to upgrade to the higher tiers.
- If you want to have different Notification emails per group or type, you need to handle them in Automations (with less formating options) and not via the Email Notification Templates.
- Some things are dictated by the system and can't be changed or turned off: Some notifications, some columns in the ticket views, for example.
- Status codes are shared across different groups and/or products. So if you need a "Pending Approval" status for your Changes, you will have it in Incidents, too.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2020
Stacy H.
CMO
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2020

"Always there for me when I need them..."

Comments: The interface makes sense to use, and when I needed guidance, the Customer Support Team was SUPER QUICK to help me get to where I needed/wanted to be.

Pros: I did not come from a technical background, but setting up and deploying this software for all team members was a breeze!

Cons: It might actually have TOO many options, but that isn't really a bad thing.

Anthony C.
Developer
Design, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2020

"Good Software, Bad Marketing. Bait-and-Switch (beware)"

Comments: While Freshdesk has a great UI, and is a feature-rich service, the truth behind the advertising leaves much to be desired. While their software is good, the pricing model isn't, and their marketing is intentional bait-and-switch. The features listed on each pricing tier are expanded upon here: freshdesk.com/features. Once you buy, and ask what's up, the support will tell you to upgrade for that feature, and link you to a page that isn't linked to from anywhere on their site: freshdesk.com/helpdesk-features, as justification. As an example, $15/agent/month includes, "SLA Management," which is described from their features page as including every SLA feature, including basic things like SLA email notifications, reminders, escalation policies. You know, what anyone would think of as "SLA Management." However, none of those features are actually included in that price plan. To even get email notifications of SLA violations, or have your SLA respect office hours, you'll have to pay $50/agent/month. Worse, there is no way to discover this until after you've paid and spent time getting everything set up.

Pros: Wonderful tracking and organization of emails and support issues, with a nice and clean UI, and simple tools to automate many support tasks.

Cons: Features listed as included in lower tiers on their pricing page, are not actually included until much higher tiers. See: https://freshdesk.com/helpdesk-features for the real breakdown. Freshdesk has no links to that page, and you'll only get it if you ask about a missing feature in their support portal.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2020
Sandor S.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2020

"Customer Support has gone downhill, and they refuse to fix a perceived security issue."

Comments: Freshdesk is a good product. Their technical support is sporadic. Sometimes good sometimes bad. Unfortunately, it is on the downturn again. When I first started, I had to wait days for a support question to be answered, and to contact a salesperson was almost impossible. Their phone support is unusable. It rings forever, and when you do get through since it is impossible to get through though you cannot hear them. The times I have gotten through and left a message, noone has replied to my question. When your a single person business this is frustrating, The support became better and now it is going back downhill again. I feel I have to convince them that something is wrong. What is most bothersome is they don't understand as a single person business I cannot spend days on a problem, and if I tell them there is an issue such as an attack on an email address, which I have no control over and they don't fix it.

Pros: The software has a great deal of functionality.

Cons: If you do not have a support email on your site, you create a support email address (which you must) on their site. You have no control over it. My account is continuously spammed. They insist the email address is my problem, but I keep telling me the email account is not on my mail server, so how can I filter it. I sent Freshdesk documentation showing the support email address is not on my mail server, but Freshdesk insists it is my email problem. Anyway, you receive lots of spam and no way of filtering it. When we first were attacked, I had over 300 spammed contacts. The other issue is a two-step process to delete the emails. The problem could be abated by requiring any user who creates a contact on the site to verify. The problem is that some of their clients do not want this. So why not put an option that allows their clients to choose if they wish verification emails or not. The additional issue is if someone can spam your Freshdesk site, then they think they can spam any of your sites.

• Reviewed on 27/01/2020
Patricia brigid D.
Service Desk Manager
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2019

"Superb Experience"

Comments: We needed an efficient CRM system, easy to set up an with easy access to analytics to manage our tickets and Freshdesk was able to give us that and more. We love that its features are based on time; we are able to measure agent and team performance on this.

Pros: Freshdesk is built on ITIL framework and very easy to use. It took me a few minutes to figure it out, find all the metrics that we needed and set up. The support and software team are readily available on chat, email and conference call - regardless of need. Lately I see lots of improvements in the software (like the Field Service Management, Proactive Reach and advance ticketing). Some of the new features have helped us tremendously while others (FSM) has got us thinking on efficiency in our field work.

Cons: In improving the system, a few of our favored features are taken off. For instance, with Linked Tickets we are unable to send bulk emails from the Tracker. The alternative is to send bulk emails from the Tickets view or filtered view; this is tedious if one has to select individual tickets which notice is meant for or when there are multiple linked tickets to different trackers. Also, Email Outreach should have the alternative of selecting contact from Freshdesk instead of uploading a CSV file

• Reviewed on 15/12/2019
Customer Support Manager
Information Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2019

"Freshdesk is a great alternative to over priced industry stalwarts."

Pros: Freshdesk has been a breeze to set up and use effectively. My team loves how easy it is to quickly work through tickets. We heavily use Trello and their integration is top tier. When issues do come up, the support team is always available to answer my questions. Even when it doesn't support a particular workflow, I've always been given excellent suggestions to work around its limitations.

Cons: Many integrations are v1 products that were built years ago and never updated. Salesforce integration needs a lot of work. We had to disable it because it was using too many API calls.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2019
Mark K.
Business Analyst
Textiles, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2019

"Freshdesk proving their worth on the CRM market"

Comments: We have moved from Desk.com half a year ago. The decision was made based on our comparison. We have selected Freshdesk as it seemed to give the best value for the price and people also seem really satisfied in general.
To me Freshdesk is a developing underdog on the CRM market with some huge advantages and opportunities. We selected them because we can have some top notch solutions just like we had Freshdesk or Zendesk, but we do not have to leave a fortune there. They still need to spend a lot to improve the software as the market is really competitive with other companies like Salesforce, Zendesk but it seems they have the ambition to be the best.
Moving to Freshdesk still seems a great decision.

Pros: Learning the software was quite easy for the agents as well which is a huge advantage. This is partially because of their support team as we have always been able to contact then and ask any type of questions regarding their software. The CS Team is always helpful and pretty professional. They did not forger us even after we started using their software (which happens with many companies). Ticket handling is really efficient and the agent portal has a nice design from a practical viewpoint as well. We like canned responses. A nice little feature is to add support page article links / contents to reply messages just like canned responses. Another huge advantage is the knowledge base / support page which is highly customizable. In general we like ticket automation rules as well and it helped to solve some of our special requests.

Cons: At this point we are not able to use our own SSL and we cannot afford to have extra expenses to rent an SSL from Freshdesk (probably third party) or buy their top plan to have their SSL. This is a good indicator that some essential functions are only available if you are using their top plan. It is good that you are able to customize your portal URL, but if you do you are not going to have HTTPS until you pay more. This makes this whole function questionable. I am hoping the development team will solve this soon.
Apparently there are some minor function that we have to solve with a workaround but it is straightforward available for competition.

• Reviewed on 20/06/2019
Emily D.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2019

"Solved our suppor system woes!"

Comments: FreshDesk has streamlined agent actions and provided a clean and holistic overview of the product for me (the product manager). The agents are able to work together with better ease and be more efficient with the email notifications on ticket actions. The FD support team is incredibly responsive and good at providing alternative solutions if the product doesn't currently support what is being asked.

Pros: Customer portal, ability to support multiple products, customization of statuses/dashboards/setup, email notifications with ticket activities, real time help from FreshDesk agents to support our team when questions come up, collaboration tools for agents (private notes, chats, etc), notifications when another agent is viewing/working on a ticket (prevention of agents stepping on toes/rework)

Cons: I have struggled with getting the reports that I need from this software. I've worked with very supportive agents, but the software is not setup to generate the reports I need or to create customized reports for what I'm looking for. I am trying to schedule a daily report of agent performance that includes how many unresolved tickets are assigned to that agent at the time the report is generated (not how many were assigned to them in the report period) and the aging of their ticket queue (how long has the oldest ticket been open). We work in software development and we can't close some of our tickets until development work has been done, some times taking months. Having that metric is critical for our team to be able to analyze resourcing and performance.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2019
Director of Business Development
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2019

"You need this if you want to provide better support services"

Comments: Overall it is a good product. I have tried many similar solutions along but this one worked the best.

Pros: Freshdesk does everything that you would expect a custom support software wants to do. I like the ability to add custom fields to it, creating tickets on behalf of customers and viewing as customer. They provide wonderful support, even if you use their free account. The dispatcher rules are easy to create and manage.

Cons: It will be good to have ability to set client specific SLA rather than a generic support SLA.

• Reviewed on 26/07/2019
Systems Administrator
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"Freshdesk Experience"

Comments: Out of all the solutions we explored Freshdesk was our #1 choice for help desk services, and after 2 years, we stand by our decision.

Pros: Freshdesk is simple yet functional, always available, and completely affordable. Additionally, the UI is quick and attractive making it a pleasure to use on a daily basis.

Cons: It would be more convenient if AD integration (LDAPS) was available within the UI to pull contacts from AD for the lower tiers.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Fabricio B.
CISCO TAC Engineer - Switching
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"Excellent Ticketing Tool for ITSM"

Comments: It has been a great experience so far. We came from the old BMC remedy and we were looking for a modern ticketing solution.
Freshdesk was a very refreshing update and made our life much easier.

Pros: - Excellent user interface for ticket handling
- Great reporting features
- Easy deployment and setup
- It has out of the box ITSM templates for easy HelpDesk implementation
- Web based. This makes the software highly compatible with any device.
- Great flexibility and customization
- Easy administration and maintenance

Cons: Support Team from Freshdesk needs to improve their resposne SLA ASAP.
They take a lot of time to respond to tickets and request.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2019
Muhammad S.
IT Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"Fresh Desk Ticketing System"

Comments: Support is awesome and try to mimic every scenario that you have to fix your problem.
Certain features lac the ability to integrate it with other third party ticketing system.
Its good for small-medium level enterprises and fulfills all the basic requirement of ticketing system.

Pros: Adding more than one email to get tickets for different teams .
Observer work like your automated supervisor or a bot that don't let the ball dropped.
Dispatcher doesn't let your tickets go out of work flow .
Scenario automator saves a lot of time that takes to take defined set of action for certain type of tickets.
Observer is life saver not only to segregate tickets but defining a definition to it.

Cons: If you edit client Name in ticket field, you will lose track of all previous ticket for that particular client, lets say if you want to change the name of client for any reason, and if you do without noting all tickets for that client then you will no longer be able to filter all those tickets after changing the name.
Deleting agent will make all user tickets as orphan. I think its being fixed in new release and agent become user upon deleting it.
You can't automate certain things like notifying agent or making him watcher if one who is not cced on ticket want to add something to it, you have to fwd him the ticket first.
It has limited user control like You can't hide customer information from certain level of users. If you don't wan't him to login from any other places other then office, you can't do this with basic plan.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Prateek S.
Manager, Business Product/Operations, Paytm Payments Bank
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2018

"Freshdesk - a "One-Stop Solution" for the "Entire Customer Service" needs of an enterprise"

Comments: I explored Freshdesk quite in-depth and was not only amazed by the availability of multiple features but also the comprehensive of all the available features. Its a commendable effort from the firm. Hope to see more and more features getting added in the future so that it can maintain its position as a one-stop solution for every possible need of a firm w.r.t. customer service.

Pros: - End to end solution from ticket generation to allocation to follow-up and closure
- Multiple functionalities covering almost the entire range of requirements expected from a Service Desk
- Detailed features within every functionality showcases that a lot of thought has been given while its creation
- Extension across platforms from ticket generation within the firm to widgets which can be used on customer portals to bots which can help in automated replies to general FAQs along with input availability from various social media platforms, no doubt it is a formidable competition to existing players in the space

Cons: - Ticketing form needs to explore more options which are available on competitor form builders (e.g. logic based ticket fields, more than 3 dependent fields, easy automation to generate certain ticket fields basis values in other fields i.e. not just API based automation which involves tech, something which uses automation like dispatcher rules which can be easily implemented by the user itself etc.)
- Addition of more Social Media platforms (currently not comprehensive) and proactive addition of popular Social Media channels as soon as they become popular to not only make it comprehensive but also latest in its offerings driven by the demand of a face changing world
- More options available in the BOT feature for more effective usage so that more automations can be done via it as AI is the future

• Reviewed on 12/10/2018
Client Services Manager
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2019

"Best Helpdesk to starting using within hours with minimal need of customisation"

Comments: I'd definitely recommend anyone who are looking for an integrated helpdesk platform to try it out, especially startups with a budget.

Pros: Implementation takes only one or two hours. For me everything was set already during trial. Unlike some rivals, very little customisation is required. Most frequently used features like reply templates, SLAs, ticketing routing rules, customer profile fields are available. I'm using EU server and the additional cost is reasonably cheap. I'm also using other services in Freshworks including Freshcaller, Freshping, Freshchat which are all migrated seamlessly. Freshdesk's team rolls out new features every quarter without extra cost. The mobile apps are extremely helpful to work on the go.

Cons: Support is sometimes a bit delayed, you may have to wait for a day or two to get answers. If you want to customise the portal in HTML you always need to google or ask support for complete answers

• Reviewed on 16/12/2019
Sanjeev S.
Sr. Manager Applications Engineering
Semiconductors, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2019

"Ampere Computing Feedback"

Comments: Overall experience has been good primarily because of the excellent technical support.

Pros: The flexibility, ease of use, ability to customize the look and feel of the pages and scalability It is very feature rich. Though enabling some of features is not that intuitive. However, the excellent technical support takes care of that issue.

Cons: The Freshdesk Admin menu does not offer the flexibility to add a link. We have a custom developed portal (Customer Connect) where we share all the product collateral with our registered users. We integrated the Customer Connect portal with Freshdesk. That is, customers registered on Customer Connect do not have to again login into the Freshdesk portal, they directly get access to the Freshdesk portal. Basically the customer database on Customer Connect is shared with Freshdesk and hence with a single logon the customer can access both the Freshdesk and Customer Connect . We were successful in creating a “Return to Customer Connect”button/link in the Freshdesk User view but not in the Admin view.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2019
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2019

"Has become integral to our business, bit pricey"

Pros: At some point we had too many mailboxes and too much email to properly track customer emails so we switched to Freshdesk and now we can stay on top of everything. We don't use it as a traditional ticketing system, we run all our email through it but it works. Canned responses are useful, alerts when 2 agents are working on an email at the same time, or if a response has just been sent while you were typing really help to avoid unintended miscommunication and using automations its possible to make up for any missing out of the box features (like snoozing an email). We use it every day. While I have some issues with it, we're basically running our business out of it so I'm pretty happy with it overall.

Cons: They recently upgraded the design which I like, but it has come with a host of little issues. My least favourite feature is adding a slash command in the WYSIWYG editor as it means that you can't type a space-slash " /" in an email any more which seems bonkers to me. The price per agent is a bit steep. If you switch up to a higher plan to get additional features then your price per agent increases along with it making it a bit pricey for temporary staff and new hires. I think this is largely because we aren't using it as a traditional ticketing-support system.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Caroline K.
Client Support Specialist
Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"Daily User"

Comments: Overall, I am a huge promoter of the product in my office. I think it's a helpful tool for us to stay on top of our tickets.

Pros: I like how easy it is to create a ticket. New tickets are automatically created when our clients email [email protected]

Cons: Not all our tickets can be resolved within a few hours, or even days, and I wish there were different features to accommodate longer-term tickets.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Reuben C.
Director Client Solutions
Facilities Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2020

"Freshdesk solved a lot of problems for us!"

Comments: We are very pleased with the product, it has brought our overseas teams together and made the status on tickets much more visible.

Pros: The product has a simple and easy to use interface, but you don't sacrifice complexity or configuration-able-ness. It got us out of using a shared-inbox and into tickets, saving us a ton of time and frustration. It was easy to spin up an instance for testing, and getting the team trained on how to use was a breeze.

Cons: There are some bits of the notifications that are lacking in features, but only mainly because we have specific needs based on our process.

• Reviewed on 7/12/2020
Leo B.
Support representative
  • Reviewed on 3/07/2019

"My daily support tool"

Comments: My experience can be found in my answers above.
In general it is a great tool for my daily job as support

Pros: What I like most about Freshdesk is that it is very easy to use, and the interface is very intuitive.
Another reason that we have chosen, and stuck with Freshdesk is because it is possible to have an email conversation with the customer without any techincal metadata cluttering the email.
To the customer it looks and feels just like a regular email conversation, which is exactly what we wanted.

Cons: What I like least about this software is minor quirks or missing small quality of life features.
One such example is that zooming out the browser does not expand your view over the tickets but rather makes the list smaller and lives a large blank space around it. This is in no way a deal breaker and my daily work is not inhibited by this.

• Reviewed on 3/07/2019
Dean of the R365 Academy
  • Reviewed on 8/10/2018

"A solid product that limits the features on the mid to lower tiers"

Comments: We use Freshdesk for ticketing, knowledge base, user forums (just getting started with this) and for chat support. Overall, it has been a positive experience. There have been minor issues, as there are with all software, but I have been impressed with the support I have received from Freshdesk in times of need. I wish that they would be less restrictive on the middle tier for customization. Also the URL obfuscation when working on solution articles is incredibly annoying. I came from a Wordpress background and find Wordpress to be a much better experience for managing a knowledge base than Freshdesk.

Pros: We've been using Freshdesk for about 4 years now and have seen the product grow and improve, as we ourselves have grown and improved. We recently migrated our knowledge base to Freshdesk and have enjoyed the one-stop shop for all things support. It does a good job of integrating the ticketing system with the knowledge base.

Cons: It seems like all of the minor things that we want are always one or two tiers up. While Freshdesk isn't the most expensive solution, it wouldn't make sense for us to go up a tier to get these minor features we are seeking. So it is frustrating that minor features (such as customization in the Solution articles) is only included for the higher tiers when it would benefit all users.

• Reviewed on 8/10/2018
Gary C.
Support Consultant

"FreshDesk Review"

Comments: We ahve now disabled Direct Email support and now have all tickets directly logged via the web portal which means that end users are now more likely to use the online knowledge-base which means that issues can be resolved faster and provide a better customer experience and fast response time.

Pros: Over the year I have used several helpdesk products and I can say that this is one of the best for a small sized business. The look and feel of the software is great and its really easy to use whether your an It professional or a computer novice. The canned responses and knowledge-base make it easy to reply to common issues and build a selfservice module that end users can also search for known issues and resolutions without even have to log support ticket.

Cons: Some of the more advanced features are not available to the lower priced modules.

Amber elizabeth M.
Graphic Designer
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2020

"Intuitive... ish."

Comments: Very handy for our purposes, and should we ever have to switch, I’m curious if we’d be able to compile the information or it would be lost. In the meantime, I would recommend it and would even consider it for my personal graphic design freelance jobs.

Pros: We’ve been using this product as a project/ticket tracker for internal graphic design projects. It works well, our project manager can assign tickets to various people on our team, add notes, add attachments, and then we can send the final files to the client. For this purpose, it works great.

Cons: When people respond to tickets they aren’t always matched up to the ticket and instead creates a new ticket. The file transfer limit is understandable, but if the file name is too long (or has identifying numbers or names at the end of the name) it will give you the error, but it is hard to discern which files are not attached. Some of the tools at the administrator level would be helpful to allow individual users to update for creating responses.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2020
Kyrstin L.
Client Services Supervisor
Machinery, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2020

"Uniquely simple and efficient!"

Comments: Overall FreshDesk is great for our needs. We are a smaller company so menuevering the tickets isn't overwhelming and the website provides helpful tools that save tons of time.

Pros: Our launch of FreshDesk was seamless! I was able to maneuver the website to become familiar with it and customize our ticketing system within a few days. My favorite features are the easy to generate ticket integration with FreshSales, real-time ticket updates, and the ability to draft canned responses for common issues.

Cons: I would love a better integration feature with FreshSales. It should be able to sync the company, contacts, and deals rather than just the contacts. This creates extra work recording the extra information and makes the ease of generating a ticket from FreshSales obsolete. I would also like access to customize the satisfaction survey and SLA categories.

Priscila M.
Director of Operations and Logistics
Retail, 11-50 Employees

"Best decision ever!"

Comments: I couldn't be happier to have moved to Freshdesk. The ease of use is helping my company grow.

Pros: So user friendly, amazing features and great customer support from pre-sales, to set up, to every day use questions.

Cons: Portals are somewhat complicated, specially if you do not want to use the full functionality available.