• Overall
    3.9/5
    3.7/5

About Campaigner

Advanced email marketing tools for medium & enterprise businesses to build powerful personal connections with their customers.

Learn more about Campaigner

Kristi D.
Interactive Marketing Manager
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2018

"Use What You Know"

Comments: We send a weekly email to 40k users and this program has worked for us for the last 8 years.

Pros: This program was already in use when I joined the company and the learning curve was minimal. It has all the standard templates, contacts, and reports that you would need. Every time I have called customer service, they have been helpful.

Cons: Working with the templates can be really finicky. It can be difficult to get it to do what you want at times. It is also not as user friendly as MailChimp, for instance. Their reporting is there but you have to do click more time to get to it and comparing email sends can be annoying the way it's laid out.

by j2 Global on 15/10/2018

Hi Kristi,
Thank you for leaving a review of Campaigner.

We are happy to hear that the platform works well for you and your team. We also appreciate th feedback you provided and have passed it along to our product team.

If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2018
Nabeel A.
IT Manager
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"Campaigner Vs Stream Send"

Comments: It is a bit difficult for me to do forward for an old e-mail. I had to copy the e-mail and do a lot of steps which was not the case before when I was using Stream Send

Pros: The interface looks more attractive than Stream Send one

Cons: E-mail forward not an easy process comparing with Stream Send

• Reviewed on 20/08/2019
Scott W.
Administrator
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2018

"Much to be desired"

Comments: We understand Campainer is not just an email program, but they don't seem very interested in our suggestions along the way. It's disappointing that in all these years, there hasn't been any kind of redesign for ease of use. At what we are being charged monthly; we are likely going to shop around and see if there is something better matched for our needs, and priced more competitively.

Pros: We use it for simple email blasts to our neighborhood association. We don't use it for marketing campaigns, so therefore do not have the need for some of the functionality available with Campaigner. For our needs it works.

Cons: Ease of use. It is not intuitive, and they haven't done any kind of software or GUI redesign since we started using it (6+ years ago).
Making a template should be a lot easier than it is: Creating and editing templates has a lot of old graphic (frames?) technology that makes for a frustrating experience when trying to line up text blocks with headers, footers and images.
Writing an email with attachments should be easier. Having to upload a file/image to the media library, and then importing it into your email is a lot of steps. Instead, allow a person to add a file/image to an email note in the same simple fashion as any other email client works: add a paper clip button and allow us to select the file to add to the note. That seems like it should have been done a long time ago.
Also, if you accidentally remove a person from an email list, you have to call up Campaigner support to get it fixed; you can't manually fix it yourself. Very annoying.

by j2 Global on 15/10/2018

Hi Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to review the platform.

We appreciate the feedback you provided in regard to the platform and have passed the feedback on to our product team. If you have any additional issues or questions please feel free to let us know.

• Reviewed on 10/09/2018
Joanne W.
Executive Assistant
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/08/2019

"Love the Editing Feature"

Comments: At first, this was not a very intuitive software for me but your customer support has always been available to answer my questions and assist me.

Pros: I like the ease of the editing feature. It allows me to preview my campaign and click on the links to make sure they work. It is very easy to navagiate.

Cons: I wish there was a way for me to tell how many emails I was sending to the moment I send it - I select from multiple lists for each campaign and would like to have a counter available so I can choose the correct lists. We are limited to 100,000 / month so I usually do 2 campaigns of 50,000. This feature would be helpful.

Louise A.
Office Admin
Real Estate, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/08/2019

"Things I feel should change"

Pros: I like that you can send to multiple agents at one time.

Cons: The program is not as easy to navigate as the previous "Streamsend" was. There are too many steps to take before you actually send your flyer. I am pretty computer savvy, so if I'm having trouble, I wonder how many others are??

Dave I.
Web Designer
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"Good value for the money"

Comments: The experience has been more or less good. The times I have needed to contact customer support, they have been amazingly responsive and helpful.

Pros: I prefer the full editor approach to creating our newsletter emails. It makes it easy to copy information from our website to the newsletter. The sending out of draft message is easy, as is the eventual scheduling of the newsletter.

Cons: The count of our current mailing list is not displayed in a useful manner. I believe it is reporting the entire size of the list, not just the number of active subscribers. It makes our list appear much larger than it really is.

Kathryn W.
Director of Marketing
Publishing, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"I like the idea of this, but not easy to use"

Comments: It's been neutral. We were a Streamsend customer before they were bought out. I like the price but everything else is really not intuitive.

Pros: Cost is the biggest pro for this software. It's much cheaper than their competitors and I like that you don't have to pay per contact.

Cons: I have a really hard time getting emails to appear properly as coded. The campaigner system seems to manipulate or change things that shouldn't be changed. It also seems to have a good bit of bugs in it.

Chitta ranjan D.
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 4/01/2019

"Campaigner an Average Email Marketing Tool"

Comments: Used campaigner for one of our e-commerce client, though initially it was good but finally moved to Listrak as it provides better support & features.

Pros: I have used campaigner earlier for Email Marketing campaigns. Though it’s easy to use and set up but limited features. Workflow to send automated emails is one of the best features in this tool. You can create segments easily to send more targeted emails.

Cons: Customer service is not that good, sometimes we also found issues during login. It also never worked well in all browsers. Price is also comparatively high If you compare other tools with similar features.

• Reviewed on 4/01/2019
Ellyn R.
Owner & Designer
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2018

"I've been using campaigner for about 3 years total, creating campaigns for a client"

Pros: Using it for custom coded emails has been very straightforward and allows for serious customization.

Cons: wish there was a way to change the subject line without having to go to a different screen. Seriously, little nit-picky thing.

by j2 Global on 18/06/2018

Hi Ellyn,
Thanks for providing us with a review. We are happy to hear that your platform is easy to use.

We also appreciate the feedback about the subject line and have passed it along to the product team.

If you have any questions in the future please do not hesitate to let us know.

• Reviewed on 30/05/2018
Andreas L.
Sr. Vice President
Telecommunications, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2018

"Campaigner - In my toolbox for best in class"

Comments: Allowed us to A/B and create easy Autoresponders to communicate to our channel partners in teh telecom industry.

Pros: We have used different newsletter services and Campaigner was really simple to set up, upload our contacts and create our first newsletter. Metrics are built in and it is really reliable in getting your emails through many of the spam filters.

Cons: Pricing can be higher than other competing email marketing services.

by j2 Global on 24/01/2019

Hi Andreas,
Thank you for taking the time to review our platform. We are happy to hear things are going well for you.

We also appreciate your feedback, if you have any additional comments please do let us know.

Thanks

• Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Gurpreet K.
Market Research, 51-200 Employees

"Easy to use!"

Comments: Any time I've had questions or issues with Campaigner, Customer Support has been able to help. Whether it was a temporary power outage that prevented invites from being delivered to providing the domain/ip to prevent invites from being sent to junk mail. Campaigner makes good to deliver on their promises. I don't dread having to reach out to Customer Support because I know Campaigner will help me every time.

Pros: Being able to pull up old invites and using them as a foundation for new projects makes working on Campaigner very easy. The customization options are not limited and allow me to create unique invites and format them based on project specific needs. The reporting tool is extremely helpful and creating internal reports has never been easier with the stats breakdown (i.e. clicked, opened, delivered, etc.). Overall, a great product and much easier to use than other similar platforms.

Cons: I don't always receive test invites. I might get it once in a while but end up always having to send out an actual invite to myself or team member so that I can view what my recipients will see.

Meghan R.
Brand Manager
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2019

"Campaigner review"

Comments: We use campaigner to send all of our consumer facing emails. We recently starting using the responsive design templates for a small segment of our emails but have found it challenging to recreate the brand look we strive for. But the customer support has been great for troubleshooting and problem solving.

Pros: The one on one customer support is great. It's nice to have support for reporting, strategy and functionality questions.

Cons: The platform itself is not the most user friendly. The toolbar at the top is dated - the icons aren't intuitive - and sometimes there are weird bugs (can't click to unbold text, font colors won't load, text won't align properly, etc.)

by j2 Global on 16/06/2020

Hello Meghan! Very happy to hear that your interactions with one on one support have been helpful and positive, this kind of feedback is really nice to have. Also, thank you for your feedback in regards to the platform as this kind of information is very helpful from a product standpoint. There have been many improvements made recently with the new drag and drop email editor, you will see the option to use this when creating your email designs. We sincerely hope that helps address some of the concerns that you voiced.

• Reviewed on 30/08/2019
Carina S.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2018

"I have been using campaigner for about 10 years and my experience is always good, tech support great"

Comments: nothing really

Pros: great tech support! I probably would have gone to another service but your text support is so good - I love the fact that I can talk to a real person, I don't have to wait on hold forever and they are always kind, even when I am not such a tech savvy person, they are still patient and helpful.

Cons: the interface is a bit PC, in that I mean it's not very intuitive, it's not visually pleasing, which I think if you want to show people how to send out well-designed pleasing emails to their customer it should be more graphically interesting. I completely create my own emails and I do not use any of your templates because they are not designed well.

by j2 Global on 4/05/2018

Hi Carina,
Thank you for taking the time to review our platform.

We love all the feedback and have passed it along to our team.

If you have any questions feel free to let us!

• Reviewed on 16/04/2018
Andrew I.
Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Oil & Energy, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/05/2019

"Long time user"

Comments: Campaigner is a reliable and flexible software that has allowed us to grow our e-marketing campaigns.

Pros: We have been using Campaigner for about a decade and it has been a reliable and user-friendly software. They have worked to keep the upgrading the functionality over the years.

Cons: The reporting on clicks is very painful and manual. I'd really like to the ability to download a report that shows me who clicked on the campaign and the name of the link they clicked on with all the contact details. At the moment, we spend hours manually doing this.

by j2 Global on 4/06/2019

Hi Andrew,
Thanks so much for the review and thank you for being a loyal customer.

Your feedback on reporting has been reported to our product team.

If you have any additional questions or comments you would like to share please do let us know.

Thanks so much

• Reviewed on 3/05/2019
Myles M.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/05/2018

"Useful platform for contacting my clients and prospects"

Comments: It helps my business keep in touch with my clients and with people who buy my services

Pros: Easy to use, functional. I was able to set up well with lots of help from customer service. Now I am familiar with it and I use it every 1-2 months. I don't believe in pounding people with emails every week. It's great to have the stats from the emails to see how the subject lines are working. I had some problems in the past with some of my lists but that was sorted out with help from sales and customer service.

Cons: It's quite expensive for my small business. Probably need to prune down my databases. I have no idea how to do that and I am not sure if the contacts duplicate between different lists. I really don't have a lot of complaints about campaigner. I find the service way better than constant contact which was awful.

by j2 Global on 18/06/2018

Hi Myles,
Thanks so much for reviewing our platform.

We are excited to hear of your success with Campaigner.

Our platform does not add duplicate contacts to the add, it only counts it as one even if it appears in multiple lists. If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Reviewed on 4/05/2018
Kim L.
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2017

"I use campaigner to send multiple campaigns daily. Downtime is rare & customer service is excellent!"

Pros: Easy to use, statistics, copying campaigns, friendliness & knowledge of staff/support, I can insert a jpg file or create or copy & paste HTML

Cons: I would like the ability to see what percentage of each of my lists opens each campaign so I can modify accordingly. Would like the sign up sheet to alphabetize areas so clients can easily pick which list they would like to be a part of.

by j2 Global on 15/09/2017

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the positive review. We are so pleased you are enjoying our service. We work hard to make sure every client receives personal attention and quick responses from our customer support team.

We appreciate the product feedback and have sent it over to the product team.

If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2017
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2019

"My Preferred System"

Comments: I use campaigner to prepare newsletters for a State Representative and send them out to a large constituent base. Campaigner gives me the flexibility to develop a template that is easy to use and easy to read. Compared to the other systems I use, I much prefer campaigner and wish that more of my clients would use this system.

Pros: I have used several systems during the past several years, and my favorite is Campaigner - it is very intuitive, user friendly and incredibly flexible as templates go.

Cons: Like many systems, the constraints of templates and other considerations sometimes make it desirable or necessary to use the actual code to best format newsletters. I found that to be the case with Campaigner - but, no more so than most other systems - and Campaigner is very accommodating to downloading code, updating offline, and reloading updated code for the final newsletter.

by j2 Global on 4/06/2019

Hi there,
Your review made us smile! We are happy to hear that we are your go-to email platform.

We appreciate your feedback very much and we have passed it along to our product team.

If there is anything else you would like to share please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks!

• Reviewed on 26/03/2019
Tim S.
Client Success Team Manager
Online Media, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2017

"Campaigner has been my company's newsletter resell solution for over 2 years."

Comments: The ability to offer a newsletter solution to our clients.

Pros: The depth of Campaigner is very nice. They have a lot of tools and functionality that allow for strategic and detailed email marketing campaigns. Their customer support is responsive and ready to answer any questions one might have.

Cons: The dashboard, itself, looks a bit dated. I know that's only for backend users eyes, but there could be some updates to intuitive features, like drag and drop email builds.

by j2 Global on 6/09/2017

Hi Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to review our platform. We are happy to hear that our platform has the tools and feature to help you and your customers build effective email marketing campaigns.

We appreciate the feedback you provided about our dashboard, we have passed it over to our product team.

If you run into any issues or have questions do not hesitate to contact us! We will be more than happy to help in any way we can.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2017
Audrey B.
Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 2/04/2018

"I got a bit lost with the overall design but we have used the system for years and years. "

Pros: Does the job for the price point and flexibility. We have explored using other competitors but have never pulled the trigger based on what Campaigner has to offer.

Cons: The overall designing of the email was a bit over my head at times. Also, adding in first names fields was not designed well in the software. If I recall, you could drag that field into the body, however, the correct way to do this was not with a drag. Or perhaps that was opposite, it's been awhile since I used it. Either way, I did it wrong, even though in the email it had the field in place, it actually showed up as, Hi (insert first name) instead of actually inserting their first name. This went out to a large email before our biggest trade show and had so many people forward this back to us. Embarrassing. Now I have to double test but the system should not have allowed you to add this field without it pulling the data behind it.

by j2 Global on 9/04/2018

Hi Audrey,
Thank you for taking the time to review our platform. We appreciate the feedback. If you have any other comments or questions feel free to to let us know!

• Reviewed on 2/04/2018
Paula H.
Sr. IT Project Manager
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2018

"We send out out HQ campaigns and control of 36 chapters campaigns, Solution worked. The team I wor"

Comments: Ease of mind

Pros: Once it was set up, it was very easy to use. Reporting was fast, once you figured out how to use it. Staff were friendly . Users ( 39) had very little problems using project with minimal direction.

Cons: You cannot delete from list, you just make inactive. Our membership jumps controlled list. removing them would be our preference.

by j2 Global on 24/01/2018

Hi Paula,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review online!
We are happy to hear the ease of use with our platform and we hope you continue to see success in the future.

We also appreciate the feedback in regard to the list management and have passed it along to our development team.

If you have any questions in the future please do not hesitate to let us know.

• Reviewed on 23/01/2018
Alex M.
Marketing Coordinator
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/02/2020

"Awful for designing emails"

Comments: We use Campaigner to send reminders, newsletters, and promotions. We have three staff members that use Campaigner and we use it on a daily basis. The benefit of Campaigner (for my company) is that it allowed us to create a plan that suited our needs, for a far more affordable price than the competitors. I quickly learned to use Campaigner's email builder as infrequently as possible. If you're considering Campaigner, make sure that you have a lot of patience.

Pros: Affordability - the main reason I continue to use Campaigner is that it is BY FAR the most affordable option for my company's needs. Customizable plans - With Campaigner we were able to set up a plan based on monthly emails, and not contacts (as is the case with most email marketing platforms) which allows us to send infrequent emails to our large customer base.

Cons: Frustrating to build emails - "Glitchy" doesn't even begin to describe the absolutely nonsensical malfunctions that occur while designing an email in the campaign builder. Random spacing, broken links, and font reassignment are just a few of the issues I have come across using the Campaigner provided tools. Not once, but TWICE, has the program completely erased parts of my email template after HOURS of work. Total waste of time. The email builder is THE LEAST user-friendly software I have ever worked with. Questionable customer service - I called customer service to make a short-term increase to my email limit (it was supposed to be ONE MONTH) and I had to call multiple times over the course of THREE MONTHS before our account was set back to normal. I'm still not sure if the rep flat out lied to me, or if he just managed to forget to do something multiple times. My associates have also had run-ins with Campaigner support being rude and condescending when calling for assistance. If you're going to run a platform that doesn't work half of the time, maybe work on having better customer support...

by j2 Global on 16/06/2020

Hello Alex, thank you very much for taking the time to submit this detailed feedback. Information like this is extremely valuable to us as it allows us to have a deeper understanding as to what is working well for you, and what may need some attention. I am happy to let you know about our new Drag and Drop editor, which should greatly help you with the creation of great-looking, responsive email designs. When you go to create your next email campaign, you will see the option for the Drag and Drop available there. I hope this helps!

• Reviewed on 3/02/2020
Dj K.
Director of Business Development and Marketing
Legal Services, 13-50 Employees

"Design with functionality"

Comments: We are able to automate a portion of our sales process and reach a lot more possible clients in a short amount of time. We are also able to send visually appealing email campaigns to current clients.

Pros: The reason I chose to use Campaigner over all of the other email marketing software companies is because it allowed me to have the option to fully design the email by writing code, but also gave me the ability to design the email using templates and other built in design tools.

Cons: One thing that I would change is to make sending reoccurring emails to different lists easier. I find that I wind up copying previous emails just so I can assign a new list of recipients.

Creator/ Owner
Newspapers, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2018

"Really big disappointment - AVOID this ESP"

Comments: Really disappointing experience they charged me a lot of money and it was a year contract when features which were vital were not working i asked to pause billing till i could use the platform - i tried to negotiate instead they made general promises and when i asked specifically to pause billing so i can use it they locked me into a recurring billing despite many tech glitches and features not working. Now I am forced to dispute with my credit card company which is first time this year and something i almost never do. I dont recall ever being locked into such an expensive long term contract where so much inflexibility was shown especially when They promise a lot and deliver little. Also the PCMag review says Campaigner is great but Campaigner and PCMag are owned by the same parent company, i wish i had not read that review. Look at the review prior to mine also it seems that their service is deteroarting .

Pros: If the platform actually worked like it was supposed to and customer support was actually there i could mention 24/7 support and great features but this has not been the case at all Mailchimp and Mailigen both of which i reviewed are far far better bets

Cons: Customer service is supposedly 24/7 but when i would go to chat with them online they were usually unavailable even during normal business hours. My dedicated account manager would not answer emails and when i had tech issues he would ant to schedule conference calls to give vague assurances even when the issues were specifically tech related and from their end. Also when i first signed up it took weeks to solve the issue which turned out to be related to a program many use (think like IOS) and they do not plan a fix anytime soon. So if you use this very popular sofgtwar you cannot use Campaigner on it for foreseeable future

• Reviewed on 10/08/2018
Sheren Z.
Marketing Coordinator
Real Estate, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"Commercial Real Estate "

Pros: I like the thought that was put into the little details such as, being able to put in a subject to any email link when linking to an image or text. I appreciate that because our Constant Contact account is very complicated when adding a subject to an email link.

Cons: It's a little complicated to use. I've had multiple issues adding and changing minor things to the blast. Sometimes you add a photo and boom its huge and you have to get in there and minimize it; sometimes you have to minimize the width and not the length. It's not as user friendly as Constant contact. The functionality of constant contact is very straightforward and consistent. For example, if you need to add an image somewhere to your blast, just drag the image icon to the area of choice; if you want to add a button, then just drag the button to where you like. We currently use both CC and campaigner and had thought of switching to campaigner which is why we started testing it out but cannot because we are very busy and need to be able to move through setting things up quickly. That's the thing holding us back from switching.

Lisa R.
Program Coordinator
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"Great Way to Stay in Touch with Customers"

Comments: This was an easy and cost effective way to get promotions and information to our clients. It allows us to get updated information in an easy way.

Pros: This is an easy way to keep in contact with our customers. It's easy to see who did or didn't open an email so that we aren't bothering the ones that already did! Very easy to use and manage contacts and lists. Like that you can schedule when you want an email to go out so that you can load and manage ahead of time.

Cons: Occasionally I will get a bounced email and when I try to find them in a list, it doesn't come up.