15 years helping New Zealand businesses

EZOfficeInventory Reviews

4.6 (1,493) Write a Review!

About EZOfficeInventory

Asset lifecycle management software built around your asset tracking needs. Depreciation, barcoding and more. Try It For Free!

Learn more about EZOfficeInventory

Pros:

Was easy to integrate with the functions of my business.

Cons:

I dislike that the layout buttons are small and that I cannot sort equipment by type and instead have to scroll through.

EZOfficeInventory ratings

4.5
4.6
4.5
4.6

8.5/10

EZOfficeInventory has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 1,493 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used EZOfficeInventory before?

Filter reviews (1,493)

Marvin
Marvin
Merchandise Manager in US
, 51–200 Employees

Very easy to use and understand. Great user interface. Editing is a breeze!

Comments: This software is taking me from several huge spreadsheets and no photos to a streamlined, searchable, history tracking, photo attached inventory system. No longer do I have to track multiple files and spreadsheets. It is all in one place.

Pros:

It is FAST and very simple to use. I can change records so easily if I need to correct or edit anything. Adding custom fields is great for unique data. Searching is with the ability to search multiple terms at once. Filtering allows me to further 'drill down'. The three different types of items make it simple to separate company owned, client owned and disposable inventory. Adding photos and other documents is also very easy. Managing photos is fairly simple, but see 'cons' below. User permission has a very deep control mechanism allowing viewability to be finely tuned and managed as needed. The cart feature is awesome for checking out multiple items at once. You can then check in the same cart for fast returns. Searching with the mobile app via text, or scanning QR codes is blazing fast. Zero time is wasted waiting on EZO. Any lag is all on me. I use this software to track items in a photo studio, the things that belong to our clients that we are photographing. As such, we must isolate those items so that there is no client crossover. This works great!

Cons:

As of this writing (5/2018) the view is not 'responsive' to your screen size. It is also not possible to manually resize column widths. Some views allow you to hide the right sidebar while others do not. This is promised to be an updated feature coming in 7/2018. When interacting with individual records after a search, it is not possible to return to the search results. The search must be repeated. There is no feature to create shelf barcode or QR code labels. Must use external software, but you can easily link those, one by one.

Muhammad Awais
Electrical Engineer in Canada
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201–500 Employees

MAwais Islam

Comments: I liked the working with EZ they provide great customer & technical support to implement the system to your needs

Pros:

User friendly Web base interface Great for generating personalized reports

Cons:

Some system based field are developer controlled would like to see more customizability

2 months ago

Muhammad Awais, Thank you for sharing your review! We are thrilled to hear you are having such a positive experience with us. It makes us really happy to hear how easy and user friendly the platform is for you. We appreciate your partnership and look forward to keep providing you top notch service in the future as well!

Ashlee
Technology Services Specialist in US
Civic & Social Organisation, 501–1,000 Employees

As a new user who has never used similar software, I have many criticisms

Pros:

It is very helpful to be able to look up an asset by serial number, asset id, comments, etc.

Cons:

I find it difficult to process multiple assets at once. For example, when printing tags if the batch is not easily filtered it is difficult to get everything on one download. If I want to print various tags that have nothing in common to filter by then I will have to print each one individually. It has created a situation where a missed asset number will just be abandoned and left in the retired state indefinitely. The function of check in and out has also been abandoned by my company due to the limits on members that can be added as well as the difficulty of keeping up with who should be added or deleted. It has made more sense to note in the comments who has checked out an asset because its far easier to implement and manage. Another note, we have assets that are IT related and non-IT related. It would be very helpful to be able to separate these into groups that may be associated with the admin account related to each department.

4 years ago

Hello Ashlee. Thank you for taking out the time to provide us detailed feedback. You can easily divide your IT and non IT assets on the basis of different groups and locations - the custom roles feature allows you to limit users to only their assigned groups which will in turn restrict non IT members from viewing your IT assets. There are multiple ways to pick assets from different pages but we would like to know more details as to how you are currently using it. We are currently evaluating checkouts against multiple people and we'd love to get your insights on it. We would like you to drop us an email at [email protected] and your assigned solutions consultant will set up a call with you to configure your account in a way that you don't have to face these troubles again.

Sven
CTO in Croatia
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Very good inventory management software

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Its easy enough to use. Once you get the logic its pretty much direct. It has a lot or reporting options and customization options which I really like.

Pros:

I like the logic of the things. The way we manage to track the devices with users.

Cons:

We dont have an option for users to request a software license so we can track which user has what subscription

Alternatives Considered: IT Glue

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: Better presentstion and overall options thst we required.

Jesse
Field Service Equipment Coordinator in US
Renewables & Environment, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Qualus LLC

4.0 last month New

Pros:

I like how user friendly it is. I'm able to easily utilize it's feature both on my computer and on the Mobile App.

Cons:

I wish that they offered a GPS feature for assets managed with EZO.

Alternatives Considered: ECP

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: It has many of the features that competitors have at a much more affordable cost.

Peter
Peter
COO in Denmark
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Great customer service and good value for money

Comments: Good value for money. Quick and nice customer service. They respond within the same day and are very solution minded.

Pros:

It is relatively easy to get started setting up assets etc. in the system. As with most (all?) platforms it takes a while before your are 100% comfortable how to handle the different situations in the system. We use the QR scanner app which works flawlessly.

Cons:

It is OK intuitive to use - but not perfect. The UI is not a big issue - but it can be improved.

Alternatives Considered: Asset Panda, Sortly, ODT Rentals, Booqable, Rentman and HireHop

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: Various reviews. Ease of implementation. Cost. Guidelines on webpage.

Alayna
Laboratory Manager in US
Medical Devices, 2–10 Employees

EZ office ups and downs

4.0 last month New

Comments: As I said, I wish I had more freedom to edit and assign my inventory a little more personal to our business.
It is frustrating I have to keep certain aspects when I don't use or need them.
But overall, EZoffice has been nice for our company! and it has kept our inventory much more clean and organized! I would recommend this to other businesses.

Pros:

It is very convenient for my staff and I use. Everybody is on the same page, and whatever data is input everyone can see!

Cons:

It doesn't quite let you edit your inventory as much as id like. I would like full control and creative freedom to make my assists how I want and need, and it just doesn't seem to do that.

Jaime
Operations manager in Spain
Events Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Jaime Perales

Pros:

Efficiency and easy to use - customer friendly

Cons:

Training material for the users - learning curve

2 months ago

Jaime, Thank you for sharing your review! We are thrilled to hear you are having such a positive experience with us. It makes us really happy to hear how easy and user friendly the platform is for you. If you require further assistance or training material please reach out to us at [email protected]. We're here to help and value your feedback!

Tony
Field Service Representative in US
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

An Excellent Tool

Pros:

How clean and clear everything is presented. Most inventory systems I have used are cluttered and frustrating to use. It functions quickly as well. The mobile device setup is ideal.

Cons:

I have nothing to add to this section, keep it up!

2 months ago

Thank you, for sharing your review! We are thrilled to hear you are having such a positive experience with us. It makes us really happy to hear how easy and user friendly the platform is for you. We appreciate your partnership and look forward to keep providing you top notch service in the future as well!

Teresa
Corporate AP in US
Architecture & Planning, 501–1,000 Employees

EZOffice is easy

Comments: Very easy to learn and use. Easy to look up information created by different departments.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to find information that our departments create. POs are a sinch to find

Cons:

I haven't found what I don't like yet. I do not think I will, at this point.

2 months ago

Teresa, Thank you for sharing your review! We are thrilled to hear you are having such a positive experience with us. It makes us really happy to hear how easy and user friendly the platform is for you. We appreciate your partnership and look forward to keep providing you top notch service in the future as well!

Braden
IT Services in US
Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

EZOffice: Sometimes simple, sometimes not so much.

Comments: I like it, but I think there is definitely room for improvement. It has some great features that are not found elsewhere in my experience, but I wouldn't necessarily pick to use this tool if I had to pick. I wouldn't have any gripes if it was picked for my team again, though.

Pros:

I liked that everything was easy to categorize. For example, we deploy laptops called "Loaners" for users who don't have a laptop to use while IT fixes their originals. EZOffice made it very easy for us to put those "Loaner" laptops into a group, and then be able to view every laptop in that group and manage our assets more effectively. I also loved the "Previous Owner" field, as it helped me trace down some laptops that had seemingly disappeared. Big help there.

Cons:

I did not like that it manually assigned an asset to our laptops. That has caused me some inconvenience. While searching for an asset tag that we've assigned, say I'm searching for laptop 2415, I'd put 2415 into the search bar, and there would be several laptops brought up as a result. Each of these laptops had EZOffice's personal asset tag assigned, along with our own, (which were never the same.) It was a pain to have to click on each asset to have to find out what it's real Asset tag was.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: For the groups feature and the depreciated value calculations.

Joel
Equipment Circulation Student Manager in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

My Take on EZOfficeInventory for Colleges

Comments: I was the staff member who implemented and set up this system for our college and I work on the team that uses this software everyday. We have about 200 assets in our system and over 5000 users. We use this system to manage reservations and loans of tech hardware such as speaker systems and cameras. Overall the system has worked well for our needs but I can tell that is is not optimized for this use case. We love the customer support and the flexibility of this software.

Pros:

For our use case the most valuable feature is definitely the ability to pull user information from our existing LDAP system so we never have to worry about creating user profiles or authentication. We also love the "carts" module which saves us time when checking out multiple assets to the same student/staff member.

Cons:

It is frustrating that carts is not set up as part of the core of the software and is instead an add-on. This means certain features like sending alerts based on cart actions or seeing cart reservations along side single item reservations. I feel this is likely due to the fact that this system is designed for companies to manage their assets among staff, but we are implementing it as a service/customer lending system sort of like a library for tech hardware.

Alternatives Considered: Cheqroom

Reasons for Choosing EZOfficeInventory: our old software was incredibly slow and they went out of business.

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: Best value for the money compared to other products considered.

TechOps lead in India
Information Services, 51–200 Employees

Why should we use EZ-Inventory and Why not

Comments: It overall good, As we are using it from last 3-4 years and we are very well satisfied with EZ services, afterall it helps us to manage our overall org inventory system.

Pros:

Pros as per me :- 1. Easy to manage all the assets inventory. 2. Option to upload bulk assets inventory from excel sheet, It save hell lot of time. 3. You are many option of pulling out reports and thier custom report pulling feature is option , it has multiple options to cover in your excel sheet which you want to export. 4. User friendly UI

Cons:

There are 2 cons :- 1. There is no option to create a parent state, I don;t know I have to create a parent substate as "decommisioned"but I was not able to do so, Then I have to create a custom substate under "Retired" section. 2. Reports dashboard should is not easy to understand, I took session from the ez team but they also not able to create that such type of report dashboard.

Alternatives Considered: ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: so manage engine has some limitations, It only store the data of laptops which has their agents installed on the devices. We used to buy bulk devices and we cann't install manage engine agents on all the devices in a go, It very painful task, so we decided to go for a solution on which we can upload all the assets inventory by excel sheet.. That's the big reason to switch on EZ-inventory.

Jacob
Electronics Specialist in US
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

Robust and simple for retail and ticketing, not so simple navigation.

Comments: I prefer EZoffice to other inventory tracking applications I've used in the past for its ease of use on the web and mobile, but the user interface needs some work.

Pros:

I like how every service and item can be linked with timeline of events and actions.

Cons:

Rearranging the preferred information can be tedious. I am not aware of certain features unless I specifically search them out.

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise ScreenConnect, Dayforce HCM, Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk, Google Workspace and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: The support seems to sincerely want to tailor each users experience to their preference. They implement features based on feedback, and are affordable for the services offered.

4 years ago

Hi Jacob, Thanks for reaching out to us. What kind of information are you looking to rearrange? It would help us better if you let us know your use case and we can help you out accordingly. We also have the search bar on the top of the page and you can use it for quick search. Further more with every module we have a help section to facilitate our clients in a better way. Feel free to email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you.

Jonald
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

EZOfficeInventory = EZSetup = BreEZy Experience

Pros:

The setup was super easy. And one of the big reasons that we picked EZOfficeInventory is the ability to check in and out devices. Oh, and the depreciation value too, when terminating employees want to purchase their current laptop, we can give them the real-time depreciated value of their device.

Cons:

It was the GUI, but then it isn't a con anymore since the update.

Alternatives Considered: Asset Panda

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: Best value for the money. Cheaper than others.

4 years ago

Hi Jonald, Thank you for being a great customer. We are always happy to assist our customers so if there's anything you would like to discuss or share your feedback then do not hesitate to drop us an email at the following address: [email protected]

Matthew
Logistics Manager in US
Military, 2–10 Employees

Made the switch a breeze

Comments: The software we were using before the switch was incredibly complicated, and while they advertised being able to customize, it was very minimal. The software took too long to do anything, and there was so much back and forth between screens within the software. With EZOffice, I can edit pretty much anything from one single screen, I can do it in bulk also if I need to change a lot of items.

Pros:

I love that while the user is able to completely customize it, the software itself is incredibly simple to use. The fact that you are allowed to create your own line items and adjust them as needed has been an amazing feature for me. Also, when I went to import our inventory from the software we had been using, I was really anticipating having to go in and adjust anything that didn't match up. But EZOffice was smart enough to realize this would probably be an issue, so when I imported, any field from the previous software that did not match a field in EZOffice was flagged, and I was given the opportunity to choose what I wanted that field to be named.

Cons:

I have honestly had no bad experiences with EZOffice

George
Special Projects Manager in US
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Good for your first inventory system and money!

Comments: The implementation phase was a complete disaster. I was never offered the option to have EZ do the implementation and planning. The phrase: The system is smart and will teach you was used quite often. While the system in somewhat intuitive the initial set up should be done by EZ to show a brand new user its capabilities. Once I got in touch with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], everything improved. My first support person was from Asia, making her available hours very inconvenient and have to wait 24+ hrs for a response. We are still working on getting a few glitches out and customizing how we want to system to work for us.

Pros:

Easiness of use, unlimited users for lower cost than other softwares.

Cons:

Some of the functionalities are limited or have to be built. Not being able to customize based on needs.

Alternatives Considered: QR Inventory, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and Flowtrac

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: It seemed pretty easy to use during the presentation and the low entry cost into a inventory software that we currently didnt have.

Dean
Managing Director in UK
Construction, 11–50 Employees

It's good to know what we have and where it is !!

Comments: Although not very cheap we decided to have the full version after using the trial, the cost could be offset by one item not getting lost or several not being abused as they could be

Pros:

We really like knowing where items are, where they have been, and who has used them, it not only reduces losses but we also believe it reduces abuse of items as staff know they have to return an item and need to return it in good condition

Cons:

Sometimes the capture of the barcode is difficult but that could be user error, overcome by manual searching

Alternatives Considered: ToolHound and Construction Tool Tracking System

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory: We prefered the feel of it and took a vote in the office, it was a clear winner for our needs

3 years ago

Hi Dean, thank you for your kind review. We are glad to know EZOfficeInventory is working well for you. Regarding the barcode scanning issue, a Solutions Consultant will reach out to you to figure out what is causing that.

Paul
System Administrator in Australia
Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

A brief review of EZOffice

Comments: We can now more accurately manage and track our inventory, much better than we could with Spiceworks. The support is great, mobile app needs more work but unless you are on-the-road sysadmin, web browser site works perfect.

Pros:

How easy it was to setup off the ground, and the ability to have multiple tenancies under your account (User Listings) so we can manage multiple components of the business in EZOffice, from Hardware to Medical Supplies. The speed at which customer support replies.

Cons:

The mobile app needs more polishing to substitute working from the browser.

Steven
IT Support Specialist in US
Government Relations, 501–1,000 Employees

A great Asset Management Application

Comments: Overall our experience has been very positive. No software is a perfect solution for every organization but for our needs, EZO has been a great tool for us to track the equipment assigned to our 600+ employees.

Pros:

The ability to easily see which employees have been assigned which Assets makes the management of equipment for onboarding/offboarding much simpler. The ability to provision Members via our Azure AD allows for an easy automation. The ease of checking things in and out via the App or the ZenDesk integration has saved us time but also dramatically increased the accuracy of our records.

Cons:

Checking In Asset Stock from a specific user could be improved. With the ZenDesk Integration and the App, there is no search function within the list of check out records. You must use ctrl+f in the browser to find a specific member or scroll through the list. In my instance, when I create a custom view of the list of Items, the column widths seem to auto adjust and it cuts off some of the columns that I've selected to view. I can readjust them but they always revert back.

Eric
Head of Operations in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

EZ Office Inventory for Audio Equipment Management

Pros:

Very easy to add and organize assets that are part of our audio equipment inventory that we use at events. The barcode/labeling tools and notification email templates are also very helpful.

Cons:

Our use case is slightly specific so we've had to create some workarounds to fit our process within the bounds of what EZ Office can currently do

Alternatives Considered: Asset Panda, itemit, Sortly, AssetTiger and Cheqroom

Switched From: Asset Panda

3 years ago

Hi Eric, Thank you for your feedback. We're glad that EZOffice is working well for you and helping you with your operations. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] in case you need help. Our customer success team would be glad to address your queries.

Matthew
I.T. Helpdesk Lead in US
Facilities Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Great Inventory System

Comments: This is a great system. Unfortunately I have nothing to compare EZOfficeInventory as the system we used before was just a spreadsheet. EZOfficeInventory has change the way we manage all our IT equipment and now our Finance department is notified when equipment changes hands and knows exactly where everything is. I do have a few issues with the system but they are minor complains. You can only view 25 items at a time which makes things difficult as we have over 500 items entered into the system, you are really limited to the search function to look for things, although it does work well. When clicking on items in your inventory it opens to that page. I wish it opened in its own window because when you are making changes to that item, you have to click back several times. I also wish there was a way to separate the inventory completely so that certain categories can have their own separate asset number. Our Finance department expressed interest in using this system to inventory our vehicles, but I cant really do that as it would mix with our IT's asset numbers and I'd really like them separate. I've only contacted Customer Support one time but they were quick to respond and resolve my issue. If you are still using a spreadsheet to keep inventory I highly suggest trying out EZOfficeInventory as it is a great system to use.

Pros:

It does what it is advertised to do, I like that there are alerts setup when changes are made, and I can easily pull up reports when needed.

Cons:

I've expressed this in my review.

Construction, 51–200 Employees

Well Thought Through Program

Comments: The customer service team was great to work with during our fielding, they were quick to answer questions and interface with the design team when I had functionality questions and even ironed out a bug in the app I ran into. Great overall product

Pros:

The program covers a lot of important functions that are not included in all asset tracking software on the market for a very affordable price. The field customizability is a powerful function increasing the effectiveness of the software exponentially compared to the product out of the box. My company was able to add fields that coincide with the other departments to increase the ease of tracking vehicle's fuel and repair part purchasing, recalibration dates, load tests, etc.

Cons:

Does not have an administrator inventory function. I would like to see a function allowing administrators to conduct and record a verification inventory. The custody confirmation is an extremely helpful feature, but it is bound to the account the item is signed out to.

3 years ago

Hey! Hope you are doing well. Thank you for the positive feedback - we really appreciate you advocating for the product in your organization. We have also forwarded your concerns to our product team so they can further evaluate them. If you stumble across any issues, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] and our customer success team will be happy to assist you.

Project Engineer in US
Design, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Loving EZOfficeInventory for it functionality

Comments: Our overall experience is favorable as our company now has a platfrom where we can see all assets spread across multiple locations at any given time. Its also allowed us to have accountability for assets with a history of users that use each asset.

Pros:

The software enables our company which has many different locations to manage all of our assets under one platform. Additionally, the ability to have multiple administrators allows each office to add users and assets as they please without relying on anyone else.

Cons:

From a user profile I wish there were more options to search independent history of asset use or create a favorite assets list so checking out assets can be a quicker process.

4 years ago

Hi John, We hope to find you in good health. We're delighted to hear that you love EZOfficeInventory for its functionality. We're glad that we were able to provide a platform for your organization where you track assets spread across multiple locations at any given time. If you encounter any concerns in the future, feel free to drop us a message at [email protected], and we would love to assist you.

Allen
Field Operations in US
Government Administration, 51–200 Employees

Made my life a whole lot easier!

Comments: I must say it's good. We had an issue with getting support with our previous software. But not so with EZOffice. I think having accessible support is key for any software that runs a large portion of your company.

Pros:

Cost saving was a major factor for us (due in part to COVID). We had been paying over 5k per year for our pervious asset management software and we were still missing key features. So when when we found this was a 1/5th of the cost and had needed features like PO management , custom barcode management, among other things it was a no-brainer.

Cons:

No major issues so far. Having the option to export POs in bulk would be helpful. It would also be nice to see new features added more often.

3 years ago

Hey, Allen. Thank you for elaborating on the cost factor. We completely understand how COVID situation has changed the dynamics of industry all over the world and we have gone out of the way in assisting our clients with their costing concerns. We do take in feature requests and add new features given their usability and requirements from the client side. I will definitely pass on your request to my team and we will update you accordingly.