• Overall
    4.1 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.2 /5

About Fishbowl

Industrial strength inventory control for QuickBooks users, wholesalers, distributors, retailers and manufacturers.

Learn more about Fishbowl

Hilary C.
Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/12/2020

"Asset to Our Company"

Comments: They have done a wonderful job in taking care of us from learning to use it to just small mistakes here and there. The support is outstanding.

Pros: Fishbowl is a great asset to our company. It has been wonderful in helping us manage inventory for our warehouse and tracking errors. The customer support is always amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our representative is one of the most helpful people. He goes above and beyond to make sure we are satisfied with the product.

Cons: Some reports cost extra, but I understand that it takes them time to write it. The turn around is usually fast.

• Reviewed on 1/12/2020
Tom H.
Controller
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2017

"overall good experience and easy to use once you understand the logic."

Comments: Since our business depends on inventory movement of over 4,000 items, it has helped tremendously in time, effort & accuracy.

Pros: Logical progression of activity and inventory movement. System is reliable and like anything else if it is used properly, you can rely on the results for inventory verification, PO status and exporting to QuickBooks.

Cons: the reports feature needs work to better assimilate data as I find the need to get outside help to write reports that I like to see but is nice to see that it assimilates in the system

• Reviewed on 29/11/2017
Joseph M.
Ecom & Digital Consultant
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2020

"Excellent customer support on integration project"

Comments: We were fortunate to work with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in our integration effort connecting our new Shopify Ecom site to Fishbowl. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] took an active and very patient approach with our team as we figured out all the various configuration options. The fact that we could work with him over the span of several video conference calls to get everything set up properly made all the difference - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has an excellent personality for this type of task, I highly recommend working with him.

Pros: Once we got our two disparate systems integrated the software worked well.

Cons: The user interface is difficult to navigate and make sense of

• Reviewed on 18/08/2020
Joshua K.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2018

"Can be a great product but will depend on your personnel"

Pros: I'm an Advanced QuickBooks Pro Advisor and I specialize in Inventory set up and management. I haven't found any program with as many capabilities at such a low cost range as Fishbowl. Netsuite can handle what Fishbowl does but can easily go into the hundreds of thousands to setup and get started and I found the process very complex. Fishbowl on the other hand, can import from QuickBooks and have you set up and running in just a few minutes, though I stress that this should be used as test only. To accurately use Fishbowl it can take months to setup and learn properly. This largely depends on your current experience with technology, accounting practices and inventory knowledge.

Cons: The support isn't stable. Depending on your time zone, you'll get a different team. Some zones, depending on the day and time, will pick up your call immediately and be very knowledgeable and helpful. Others will take a day to get back to you and you'll get someone who's only been there a few months but will confidently tell you something as fact and you might find our later they don't actually know what they're talking about. However, the online wiki is very detailed so if you're someone who can figure out things on your own, this will be a huge help. Basically, I've found that most people who complain about Fishbowl are really complaining about inventory, which is hugely complex. But if you're a detail oriented company with personnel who don't cut corners, Fishbowl can be an excellent fit for you. Just don't expect it to be easy!

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2018
Dennis C.
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2013

Comments: We are a Head Start agency that uses FishBowl to purchase, track, and issue inventory to 60 Head Start classrooms and agency departments. Our system uses SharePoint, which is accessed by each classroom/dept. to place their order which is in turn sent to the approving supervisor. Once it is approved, it goes to the Purchasing office were it is imported into FishBowl (all done electronically within the magic of computer land...and the IT department). We started looking for new inventory software when the software we had did not support the Windows 7 that we were upgrading to. We needed a fully integrated inventory software program that not only supported our classrooms, but would provide the Finance dept. with the information they needed. One of the features I like about FishBowl is that as soon as Purchasing processes the classroom/dept. request, an email is sent to the requestor letting them know Purchasing has received their order and it is in the process of being filled. When the order has been shipped, another e-mail is sent to let the requestor know the order is on it's way. This email feature has greatly reduced the number of calls received from our classrooms requesting status on their order and when it will be sent to them (I really, really like it). We have set up reorder points and default vendors, which makes placing orders to replenish warehouse stock easy and nearly effortless. Each vendor has their own part unit of measure and unit of measure conversion, which makes processing receipts magic (well almost). The tracking feature on a warehouse part has helped to track expiration dates on food (milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.). The expiration dates are printed on the packing slip that goes out with each order and helps us resolve expiration date issues. FishBowl will also let us know an item is nearing its expiration date prior to processing the shipment. Another feature of FishBowl that has come in handy is the ability to monitor specific warehouse stock. I use the feature to monitor our milk products (Soy, Lactaid, Rice Milk, Goats Milk, etc.) to make sure we have enough on hand at all times to ensure we receive Federal reimbursement for meals served. These items are monitored on a daily basis due to their sensitive nature. The Dashboard tab provides a quick synopsis of sales, purchase orders, RMA,s etc. The first two FishBowl tabls I look at are the Monitor and DashBoard tab that will let me know the health of our inventory and status of orders. Thumbs up to the programmers that wrote these features into the system. Sales orders and back orders are easily maintained and monitored. I can process order requests, and hold them until such time as I need them to be processes for shipment. FishBowl provides us with reports on classroom expenditures (food/supplies or combination). We maintain two warehouse identifyiers to identify our supply items from our food items. There are custom fields that can be added to input processing that can further help in processing specific types of reports and tracking data. Prior to using FishBowl we had trainers from FishBowl give us module by module training and help us set up and transfer data from our old inventory system to FishBowl. I cannot say enough good things about the help we received. Note: The online help and training is a great resource also. FishBowl provideds many features which we are utilizing and others that we will grow into. FishBowl has a different look and feel from the software we were using, but once we started FishBowl, it has become second nature. There is so much more about FishBowl than there is space to write this review. If you need more information please contact me.

Dave M.
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2013

Comments: North Park is a 3rd Party Logistics and Contract Packaging business, specializing in light manufacturing, warehousing, and B2C shipping services. We provide each customer the service and attention only the 'big guys' get at other fulfillment houses. Our search for a new Inventory/Manufacturing software solution was prompted by our move away from a warehouse operation towards a 3rd party solution for small to medium-sized businesses, that are outgrowing their current warehousing capabilities. Prior to using Fishbowl Inventory, we used 'MS Dynamics AX' (think 'GP' on steroids). Our management team has had decades of experience using everything from BaAn and SAP to high-end custom systems, and even home-grown customized solutions. We chose Fishbowl Inventory primarily based on value, integration w/Quickbooks, and ease-of-use. We've been running for more than 3 years, currently running ver 13.2 Manufacturing, Salespoint and Mobile Warehouse. We highly recommend staying updated with the current version, as improvements and features are continually being added. Initial install and implementation took us less than a full day, including import of Customer, Item, BOM, etc. from QB. User training took a week or so for all our team to be up and running well enough to use it in live production. (Only one of us spent any time in the demo.) For the most part, Fishbowl is simple and intuitive to use. There are very few places or processes where the desired next step isn't obvious. However, we've found many useful tips & tricks that we benefit from greatly, and most would have been learned with onsite training, but we declined initially because of our extensive background with other systems. Customer support has been absolutely fantastic for us! We use the Live Chat option as first contact, and only rarely need to resort to phone calls. Despite the recorded phone tree that is standard today, Fishbowl's is about as short as it can be and still direct your call to the right group. Once there, it's always leave a message and wait for a call-back; but I've always gotten a call within 2 hours (usually less). For truly urgent needs, I've always been able to call back, get the operator and get in touch with Support that can at least identify the issue and suggest some troubleshooting I can do while awaiting Technical help. In 3 years we've only had 1 instance of down-time due to system failure and that was resolved and we were up and running in 2hrs. Biggest benefits of using Fishbowl for us are ease of implementation and use; power/reliability of the system; manufacturing capabilities (only shortcoming there is full MRP/CRP/ERP modules for planning, but for our size and complexity it does surpisingly well). The biggest shortfall of Fishbowl for us is Reporting. The nature of our business doesn't lend itself well to many of the standard informational reports (operational reports are fine). However, Fishbowl is ODBC compliant, their reporting platform is open source (similar to Crystal Reports, but a bit steeper learning curve), and if you're not comfortable with SQL there are several 3rd party options for customizing reports.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2013
Cindy D.
Office Admin Assistant
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Reviewed on 4/05/2015

"Great Customer Service to help navigate the software"

Pros: Fishbowl has been a good fit for our company so far. Learning a new software is almost like learning a new language, so it does take time to get to know all the features and understand how this software was designed to "think". This is where Customer Service comes in... and this is where Fishbowl shines. They have GREAT people on staff that are always willing to make the time to give you the training or the help you need. On rare occasions, they don't have an answer right away and will have to get back to me, but they always get back to me with an answer to my questions.
We also had a problem with a glitch in the software, and after letting our Fishbowl rep know, it was fixed with the next upgrade. Woo! Hoo!
Our main purpose is getting Fishbowl was to have the ability to track lot numbers, and Fishbowl has given us that ability.
We like that we are able to track multiple delivery dates on a single PO as well. We've not been able to do that in the past.
My biggest brag on Fishbowl though is their outstanding Customer Service. They don't sell their product then leave you on your own to figure it all out. They've been with us every step of the way and have taught us much.

Cons: The most difficult part of Fishbowl has been using the Reports. We haven't quite figured out how to utilize them to pull the information we need. But I believe this is because the needs of our particular business aren't the needs of most companies. We also have the option to have custom reports made for those particular needs.
Some of the formatted reports do not include grand totals.

• Reviewed on 4/05/2015
Marla A.
Owner/COO
  • Reviewed on 6/12/2017

"Super satisfied with the Support I receive - Yeah Eastern Team!"

Pros: Fishbowl software allows my company to always be in the know of our inventory position.
It is EASY to learn and easy to use.
This week I am adding 7 more users and having All my "on-the-road" salesmen use FISHBOWL directly. For Sales processing, for Inventory stocking orders, for Creating customers etc... Its that easy to use!!
A big shout out to my EASTERN Support team for the great support through CHAT, and to Jordan Boyce as he currently has been really taking care of my issues for my immediate upgrading of my use with Fishbowl. Adding FISHBOWL HOSTING to my affiliation with FB to secure that my Mobile Salesmen are using a STABLE environment!

Cons: Some REPORTS are not in the nicest format, nor have the best "filters" to navigate.
As well Little features [like spell check in email body templates] are missing, but Fishbowl does often upgrade their platform with new releases which often has these fixes.

• Reviewed on 6/12/2017
Nathan Z.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2020

"Fishbowl Is a Highly Functional Software Service"

Comments: We currently use Fishbowl to manage our inventory, process payments, and manage customer accounts. We are looking to expand and utilize many other integrations for web store and asset tracking capabilities.

Pros: The support team is always ready to dive into your database file and find the root cause of issues in your environment.
Serialization and product tracking is very functional and allows us to obtain important history on each item sold
Reports have high customization options and with a little SQL programming knowledge you can virtually get any information you are looking for out of the database.

Cons: Growing pains in the earlier years of Fishbowl was a little difficult but many of these have gone away after they switched from Firebird to MySQL platform.
It is a little expensive.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2020
Sean B.
IT Director
Aviation & Aerospace
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2016

"Fantastic Product and Support"

Pros: Ease of use, it hasn't taken more that a day or so to get new users up and running in their departments. WE have several Fishbowl subject matter experts that have picked up the more advanced stuff in a few weeks. I've never had to wait more that 24 hours for a support issue, and if its urgent I can usually get support that day. Our integration partner has been fantastic and Fishbowl is working flawlessly with our Quickbooks and website, we've even had a few custom reports made to expand our inventory control.

Cons: The one feature i would really like to see is a "make from" function. So I can use raw material, make parts from it, and have Fishbowl consume the raw material and add in the parts made from it. I know I can get around this with a bill of materials but it can consume a lot of time for a simple procedure.

• Reviewed on 19/08/2016
Nathan H.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2018

"Overall a product that suits the majority of our needs and is easy to use."

Pros: The software is easy to use and was pretty easy to learn. It seems to integrate pretty well in to quickbooks although I would prefer it keep the item (part) numbers on the QB invoice rather than saying FB_Item.

Cons: I would really like to see an equipment rental feature included. I have asked for this on many occasions as it is a key part of our business. The other feature I would like to see is the implementation of QR codes. Our main supplier uses these and it would be great if we could just scan their qr codes. Last issue is in the reporting of historical stock values, it seems to me that I sometimes get different values when running the same report on different days.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2018
Dasha S.
Business Development Director
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2020

"Too Expensive, Unintuitive, and Aesthetically Unpleasing"

Pros: It meets our basic needs for manufacturing and sales.

Cons: The flow from the creation of a sales order to the fulfillment is flawed. If a customer pre-pays, we have to artificially fulfill the order, export it to QuickBooks, charge the customer through QuickBooks, then manually notify the fulfillment department to release the purchase order to UPS.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2020
Beverly L.
Owner/Accountant
Machinery, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/11/2016

"Good program. Poor support."

Comments: We have used Fishbowl for 10 years. Until a year ago we had very little problems and required hardly any support. We have always purchased the annual support package. Now they have grown and their support team seems to think I should be a computer guru or have someone working for me that is a guru. I just want the program to work so I can run my business. I don't want to learn how to FIX their program. My last successful export was Oct 21. It is now Nov 4. Can't run a business this way. Fishbowl is causing us to lose money in our busy time of year.

Pros: Great software when it is working.

Cons: Support that I pay for

• Reviewed on 4/11/2016
David O.
IT Manager
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/04/2019

"Customer Support Working Hard"

Comments: This company has made huge strides with the Customer Support departments. They are responsive and understanding with improvements everyday. Our account manager and the support and plugins teams are willing to walk through and find answers for all questions we have. Great service and heopfully they keep improving.

Pros: Very easy to use and manage. Out of the box you get a great number of features and reports.

Cons: Price is a little on the high end but their Sales Account Manager are willing to work with you and get you what you need and within a reasonable budget.

• Reviewed on 4/04/2019
Paul D.
C.O.O.
Military, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2018

"FishBowl Inventory"

Comments: Except for some of the reporting weakness it is a solid program that accomplishes just about everything you need for sales order processing, purchasing as well as inventroy control.

Pros: Easy of use - intuitive screens and facilitating data entry. Quick learning curve - was able to get most of my staff feeling comfortable with the program within a few hours.

Cons: Missing some what I consider standard inventory control reporting and serialize item control. Can be corrected but just adds cost and time.

• Reviewed on 26/10/2018
Dan G.
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2013

Comments: We are a distributor and work with the Quickbooks manufacture and wholesale software. Quickbooks, being an excellent accounting software, was not adequate for our inventory management or ordering. We have been using Fishbowl inventory for more than 5 years. If you are familiar with the terminology of inventory management, the learning curve is quite short. It is extremely easy to use. Many of our orders are custom products and it is simple to order with the SO to PO function. No duplication of part numbers, pricing, or possible errors. The inventory management function is great. It has great tracking, shipping, and receiving functions - and the screens are simple to understand and move around in. We have recently began using the kitting feature and it makes it easy for multiple parts or pieces to be combined into 1 product number for sale. When that item is purchased, a pick ticket is generated for all pieces that comprise it; extremely simple. The pricing function allows multiple price structures for different volume, customers parts etc. That is simple to set up and understand. Fishbowl exports accurately to Quickbooks. I have not had any concerns with the billing issues since I started using it. We continue to use Quickbooks for all your invoicing so you will not have to retrain the accounting department. All the sales orders generated in Fishbowl track through Quickbooks for easy order tracking. The reports you can generate for Backorder tracking, profit margins, or about anything you want to see, are excellent for overview of where you profit lines are. Overall it is the best inventory management, order processing. shipping, and receiving software I have found that works with Quickbooks. Simple, efficient, and affordable I recommend it to anyone.

Mike D.
Everything
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/11/2018

"From Chaos to Control"

Comments: Fishbowl is a robust, powerful and stable software. It took our company out of the chaos of inventory control and streamlined almost our entire operation. We are more organized, focused, and even relaxed as a company. Wonderful plugins provide absolute control over online stores. Customer support is impeccable. Timey communication with real and pleasant humans that know the software inside and out.

Pros: A powerhouse for inventory control. Works well with ecommerce. Customer support is second to none.

Cons: Moderate learning curve. (But, you'll get over it). Its a little bit ugly looking. There are a lot of updates. But, that isn't so bad. Don't be lazy.

• Reviewed on 9/11/2018
Kelly C.
Director of Accounting Services
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2018

"We love Fishbowl!"

Comments: I work with Travis mostly on the Central Support Team. He is always very pleasant and helpful. He is patient and knowledgeable about Fishbowl.

Pros: This product is easy to use and the reporting is very helpful in our business. We plan on improving our internal processes to be able to use more of the Fishbowl features.

Cons: Sometimes we have issues with sales orders that get stuck but hoping this gets better in newer versions.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2018
Christina C.
Food Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Does the job"

Pros: I like that there is a way to set multiple locations and easily transfer product from one location to another. Fishbowl Go makes it easy to perform certain tasks without being at an actual computer.

Cons: The disassemble process can be a bit intimidating if you don't know what you are doing. Fishbowl Go needs to be able to manufacture as well!

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Miles R.
Inventory Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2018

"Fishbowlin"

Pros: Easy to use, Wiki page is amazing, customer support is responsive and easy to work with, and the user interface is intuitive for our less computer savvy users.

Cons: The manufacturing orders round up to the next integer causing issues with manufacturing too much. Other than that Fishbowl functions as it should for an ERP system.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Catherine C.
Director of Finance & Operations
Industrial Automation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/06/2018

"Great for simple inventory processes"

Pros: It is quick to add products and to process transactions, the GUI is easy to understand, the integration with QBO is simple

Cons: Forecasting inventory purchases is impossible, there is only a simple reorder calculation but no ability to project out based on forecasts and through multiple layers of BOMs

• Reviewed on 7/06/2018
Thomas R.
IT
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/10/2018

"Great Support Team"

Pros: Ease of use for day-to-day operations. Customer service that actually picks up the phone and returns emails in a timely manner (much appreciated).

Cons: Creating custom reports are not the easiest. There are a large number of database tables that make understanding the system difficult.

• Reviewed on 4/10/2018
John F.
Ops Manager
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2017

"Reliable functionality except when updates are applied."

Pros: Lot tracking, kit assembly, lot traceability, software integration, ease of use, accuracy and quality overall feel

Cons: Often when updates are applied it creates chaos with integration such as UPS, FedEx, QuickBooks. Tech support is good but often comes too late despite paying for upgraded service.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2017
Ping Y.
VP of Operation
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2018

"Very user friendly and very good to manage orders"

Comments: It controls very well for sales orders

Pros: 1- handling all the sales orders. Very good order control and back orders
2- It connects with UPS, Quickbooks and other software

Cons: 1- can't not apply credit to sales orders.
2- updating. Any update we need to contact support team for some unexpected issue
3- Customer service. We already have to wait over 4 hours for somebody calls us back. A lot of time we need support right away. We cant work without FB

• Reviewed on 12/01/2018
Randy M.
Service Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2017

"Fishbowl Rocks!"

Pros: The software is very powerful. It's also very user-friendly. It makes simple things easy. For example, when you are searching for parts or inventory, you only need to type in a portion of the part number. It can even be the middle of the part, and it will pull up all relevant matches. When searching for a part, you input your information and just hit enter. No need to take your hands off the keyboard and move the mouse to click on something. Blows Quickbooks multi-inventory away.

Cons: The main screens on the vendor and customer modules are greyed out because you can't edit names and numbers from there. The greyed out areas are very difficult to read.

• Reviewed on 25/05/2017