eFileCabinet Reviews

by eFileCabinet

Filter by:

• Overall

About eFileCabinet

With this DMS, never worry about losing a document, wasting time on tedious processes, or staying in compliance.

Learn more about eFileCabinet

Adam Y.
IT Coordinator
Higher Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2021

"Alfresco Enterprise Alternative"

Comments: We needed a modern, robust, cloud-based document management system for long term digital archiving. Overall eFileCabinet has served our needs very well.

Pros: The conversion team saved us from an aging system that we needed to abandon. The Cloud Server being the same cost as an on premises server was a great incentive for choosing eFileCabinet. The Cabinet -> Folder structure is easy to understand and navigate. The ability to share large files with users outside of our organization easily has also been a boon.

Cons: Search is powerful, but due to the Alfresco Enterprise system we imported from relying on metadata tags for search, very particular steps are needed to use the search in eFileCabinet's Rubex properly. It's confusing for our core users sometimes. I'm not sure if I would feel differently about Rubex's search functions had we started our digital archive in Rubex, but as it is this is a function that is mildly frustrating.

• Reviewed on 16/03/2021
Michael E.
Design and Applications Engineer
Consumer Electronics, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2016

"Exceptional Document Management System Software!"

Comments: The company that I worked for is like most companies in America right now. They didn't seem to have a genuine way of organizing their documentation. There was the issue of multiple people having copies, but all of them had different revisions. You could only imagine a headache that it caused. Well, that was when I set out to find a DMS for the company. When I began to look deeper into eFileCabinet, it literally blew me away. The ease of use and the ability to send people documents with the correct revisions was a blessing. No more having to worry about people not having the correct documentation. This goes for internal as well as external customers as well. The ability to search for documents became a breeze one everything was populated. The only downfall that I have about the software is that it doesn't support all of our file extensions. Maybe those are just buyer need instead of overall need, but we deal with printed circuit boards so that files associated with them don't resonate with the software. Other than that, it is probably the biggest blessing that we could have found for the company. The drag and drop style of putting in files, being able to do version control on the fly, and sending documents through Secure Drawer is an added bonus. You will be thankful for this purchase once you get on board. It's easy to use and quickly becoming my favorite software.

Pros: The biggest thing that I like about the software is the ability to do my own cabinets and not allow others to see them. I like having everything organized so that it's easier in the long run. EFC allows me to have that organization and I am grateful for it.

Cons: Again, as I've stated before, the only issue with the software is that not all file extensions are included. You have your typical Microsoft Office file types, but it would be nice to have an add-on for extensions like .pcb, .dxf, and others that when associated with a particular software, that software's insignia is used in EFC.

by eFileCabinet on 19/03/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback in this review. It's great to hear that eFileCabinet has been able to provide you with an organization solution and that you've found it easy to use. We are excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing to provide support for the success of your business.

• Reviewed on 5/12/2016
Jessica Y.
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2020

"Good for the price but, be wary of version updates."

Pros: The ability to create a template and mass apply said template to multiple clients eliminated much of the tedium of having to do so one-by-one. I also liked the ease in which we were able to sync to the Secure File exchange portal online from within the desktop application as well.

Cons: Despite numerous updates, we were never able to drag/drop documents from the software to our desktop or to emails. The searching of text in the software, while it worked initially, stopped working for us after new versions were released and installed. We stopped being able to search anything (such an important feature) not long after purchase in the search bar. The workflow feature would also have been nice to use but, proved to be very basic. Next, even though I set up naming conventions, when these were available to use depended on how you saved the document instead of being available all the time.

by eFileCabinet on 10/09/2020

Thank you so much for this feedback, it's great to learn more about how you use eFileCabinet. We want to provide you with the best possible support to help you with some of the search issues you have experienced and will have your account manager reach out to you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review!

• Reviewed on 24/08/2020
Daniel A.
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2019

"A Great Solution for Your Paperless Business"

Comments: Really helpful with productivity in establishing workflow. Extremely quick to enable answering factual client questions without having to call them back. Technical support has been great over about 5 years of using the software.

Pros: The "templates" feature enables you to create folder structures for each client as well as pre-defined names of documents to be stored. Every client folder is then standardized in structure. This feature enables creation of document workflow without needing to create a massive bookmarked pdf that might be susceptible to file corruption. The "Logs" feature is really helpful to locate items I may have stored in the wrong client folder.

Cons: What's not to like? I can think of two minor complaints I suppose. I am a heavy pdf bookmark user. EFC allows creation of bookmarks without having to "check out" the file but sometimes the bookmarks don't "stick." I get around this by checking out the document, bookmarking it and then checking the document back in. "Checking in" and "checking out" is a very easy process. Second minor complaint is that when I want to apply a template (I have multiple templates), the dialog box always pre-selects the first template on the list and I have to "de-select" it.

by eFileCabinet on 19/03/2019

Wow, thank you so much for leaving us a great review and for taking the time to give your feedback. We're glad to hear that you love our templates feature and that our product has helped your business establish a workflow. We look forward to continuing to support the success of your company.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2019
Karen R.
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2019

"eFileCabinet User for Many Years"

Comments: I have a tax and accounting practice, and eFileCabinet allows me to have very little filing space. Everything is returned to the clients, and I scan everything and have access to whatever I need or want from there.

Pros: eFileCabinet allows you to print straight to the program from every other program I have ever tried - Microsoft suite programs, accounting software, QuickBooks, tax software, everything! This feature along with the ability to quickly scan and store items make a paper-free office a reality, not just a goal.

Cons: I have my eFileCabinet set up very detailed. I would like to be able to click on where I want the file saved or printed to and then just scan or print it straight in there. Most times I have to click as many as six different things to save the document where I want it. That has been a complaint of mine since I started using the software.

by eFileCabinet on 22/04/2019

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to leave us this review. We are excited about some new features that will be launching soon that are going to improve the user experience even more. We would love to tell you more about them and are hosting a free webinar on April 25 where you can learn more. You can register here: https://go.efilecabinet.com/webinar/whats-new-efc Our customer support team is also available to discuss some of these new features and can show you how they can improve your processes. We hope this helps and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

Pushkar N.
Senior Technology Officer
Capital Markets, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2019

"efilecabinet review"

Comments: Despite some glitches, I found efilecabinet as very robust product

Pros: 1) Ease of use - It was so much easier to setup efilecabinet for loading and retrieving document
2) Very easy to control user access to the Cabinet, Drawer and folders
3) With Sidekick on desktop, using efilecabinet is like using file explorer. No user training required
4) We got efilecabinet approved for 17A(4) from FINRA so were able to replace Broadridge repository

Cons: 1) It is not possible to generate few simple reports. For example, I wanted to send out an email listing all the documents stored in certain folders that day but that is not possible
2) Found that douments which passed retention were not automaticall moving to Expired folder

by eFileCabinet on 26/08/2019

It's great to hear that eFileCabinet is able to help your business by making your documents easy to access with user controls and with little training required! We love to be able to support your business and look forward to providing you with continued support. Thank you for taking the time to leave us with this feedback.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Nicholas C.

"2018 feedback"

Comments: We experienced a lag time with the end of the tax filing season. Would have been better with more bandwidth to help us in the field.

Pros: The easiness of the usability and the relationship of RightSignature.

Cons: 1) I do not like the easiness of the delete function, without securing the delete key
2) I want the ability to upload folders into the client accounts
3) I would like an easy function to resend an expired link to a client. Often times, when clients are purchasing or refinancing their homes, they need the tax return from a year prior.
4) I would like the ability to send a link to an isolated item in the efilecabinet ( i.e. a specific W2 or a certain receipt that the client requests. ). I would like the option to right-click and send a link for the specific item
5) I would like the ability to upload electronic folders into a client name in efilecabinet.

by eFileCabinet on 25/04/2019

It's great to hear you enjoy the usability feature and the way our software integrates with RightSignature. We are excited for some new updates launching shortly that will help improve some of this concerns you have mentioned and that will provide an even better user experience. If you have any questions or ever need additional support, our success team is here to help you via chat, phone, or email. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

David B.
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2019

"Stable and speedy application that keeps us organized"

Comments: The overall experience with eFileCabinet has been positive. It's been a fantastic way to continue our move into the paperless world.

Pros: Stable and secure; speedy searches; super easy to add new contacts; we love the auto-create folder structure; great retention settings; The ability to quickly add new folders to existing contacts; Prompt and very helpful support team

Cons: We don't like that we can't attach a document from within our email application. The document attachment process must start from with eFileCabinet. Not that this is difficult fortunately. Also, when emailing a document from eFileCabinet, the application prompts you each and every time to encrypt the attachment. No way to turn this off. Finally, eFileCabinet doesn't play nicely with older versions of Fujitsu's ScanSnap software.

by eFileCabinet on 3/06/2019

It is great to hear that you love how speedy and easy to use the eFileCabinet software is! We love to support our customers in running their businesses more efficiently. We are also excited about some upcoming features that will improve the user experience even more and will allow for some custom settings that will address some of the issues you mentioned. We will have your account manager contact you to discuss these solutions further. Thanks for leaving us this review!

• Reviewed on 31/05/2019
Erin W.
Administrative Support
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2018

"I love eFc! I've never worked with anything like eFc and it wasn't difficult to learn."

Comments: Retention of important data (sent from outside the firm or created by the firm); ability to organize data as I wish, ability to share files with clients

Pros: I like the versatility. From the beginning, I could see the many opportunities of how eFc could be used by other industries/situations. I am amazed that we have the ability to create a digital filing cabinet where WE, the user, can organize each drawer however is best for our business or our purpose. Organization can be as extremely detailed or as simplified as one wishes . If a piece of information needs to be shared outside of the business then there are numerous easy ways to do that including SecureDrawer. To top it off, it is not difficult to learn. We've all dealt with software that requires us to pull out our notes to work in it. Not eFc!

Cons: As with all software, there are little things that happen every once in a while. For example, 2% of the time when I type in a search word (that I know is there), nothing will come up. As I said, it's just a little thing.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2018
Lynne T.
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020

"eFile Cabinet"

Comments: Storage

Pros: I love being able to store documents and not have all the paper

Cons: Last year it was wonderful. This year changes have been made that make it harder to use. We would not have bought it if this is how it originally was. With the changes we are no longer able to page through documents in the view window. Before this showed us immediately how big a file was because of the number of pages. We also were able to store lots of items to the same folder without always searching for it because it would bring us to the last place stored. Also, When we currently store we don't always see that the item is stored without going out of the folder and back in. Before it always showed up immediately. I hear some of these features will be back with the next update which I am looking forward to.

by eFileCabinet on 5/03/2020

Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate your review!

• Reviewed on 26/02/2020
Joan S.
Client Services
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2019

"Easy and accurate software"

Comments: We are trying to be a paperless office and with eFileCabinet it is very efficient. We can scan documents and looking back for them, if needed, is quick. All the documents are easily found because each person or office can set up a filing system to meet their exact needs. It is awesome.

Pros: eFileCabinet is so great to use and with the Sidekick button on my screen at all times searching for anything is so easy. I can look up things quickly and that is a big plus.

Cons: Once you look at a document it is "checked out" the documents always then need to be "checked in" It is not a big deal and we have learned to work with it.

by eFileCabinet on 20/06/2019

It is excellent to hear how eFileCabinet is helping your office become paperless and more efficient! We're excited about some new features coming that will improve the user experience even more, and we very much look forward to providing continued support for the success of your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2019
Adam J.
CFO
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2019

"Streamlined Documentation"

Comments: Overwhelmingly positive except for the corruption issue above.

Pros: It allows my team to work more collaboratively and allows me as a supervisor to monitor documents more efficiently and effectively.

Cons: It occasionally corrupts my files and cannot be restored from a prior workable version. This issue has not been resolved despite multiple phone calls.

by eFileCabinet on 30/05/2019

It is great to hear that your experience with eFIleCabinet has mostly been overwhelmingly positive. We want to ensure you have no frustration with the product and are excited about some updates being released soon that will improve user experience even more, we hope this will improve any corruption issues you still may be experiencing. Your customer success representative will also be reaching out to help you resolve this issue further. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review!

• Reviewed on 26/05/2019
Nakita A.
Secretary
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2020

"Nakita's Review"

Comments: I love the fact that we have been able to get rid of a lot of paper in the files and use e-file, which has been so amazing. We can just log in and get any information we need for our clients.

Pros: I appreciate the Customer Service and Tech Support Teams, very helpful. The software is great and easy to use.

Cons: I wish you didn't to pay for multiple users, which can be very expensive. I hate that if someone else need to go into e-file it logs the other person out. THAT SUCKS!!!!

by eFileCabinet on 20/02/2020

It's great to hear that you love the customer service and support teams! We're grateful you have allowed us to support your team in getting rid of paper, and that we can help you better serve your clients. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

• Reviewed on 17/02/2020
Nou T.
Licensed Agent
Insurance, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2019

"Overall Satisfaction"

Comments: I am satisfied with eFileCabinet. I have all my client information displayed at my fingertips. It is user friendly and I can access my files any time and any where. I can call customer service and get someone knowledgeable to assist me right away. I have an accounts manager that reaches out to me regularly, which I love!

Pros: I can scan and store my files electronically, search by name, separate by drawers and download forms easily.

Cons: I don't like that I can not delete and remove old files. Therefore, I have too many service forms that I must categorize by date in order to pull up most current form.

by eFileCabinet on 5/08/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this great review! It is great to hear that you love the regular contact with your account manager and that our service is able to help you better serve your clients!

• Reviewed on 30/07/2019
Peter M.
Financial Services Representative
Financial Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2019

"Need control over my files"

Pros: It's very fast and easy to use. No issues other than the lack of integration with my salesforce technology.

Cons: The inability to delete accidentally uploaded files is completely unacceptable. I understand this is a compliance function set by the retention standards of my company but that is something the individual agent should retain control over. Especially when a file is accidentally uploaded and I need OR want it deleted. The responsibility ultimately rests on my shoulders.

by eFileCabinet on 7/08/2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review, we really appreciate your feedback. We are excited about some upcoming features that will improve the user experience even more, and hope they will provide you with continued support for the success of your business.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2019
Linda M.
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Great software most of the time"

Comments: We have used this software since 2003 and up until this year really liked the software and the felt secure with the program. This year we were given instructions on purging documents and even though safe guards are supposed to be put in place, there was a glitch in the program and we lost file folders that were not supposed to be deleted. We contacted it and they could not give us an explanation or a solution to the problem. The files are simply gone.

Pros: The ease of use of this product is terrific.

Cons: We had a problem where we lost information and the it department has yet to get back to us about a practice to be sure that never happens again.

by eFileCabinet on 16/08/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we appreciate the review!

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Rachel T.
Director of Closings
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2020

"Awesome Product"

Comments: We choose this product to scan and index thousands of old files from the 70's to current. We were able to customize its use and flexibility to our needs. The storage is optimal and each person in our office is able to use it and train on it well.

Pros: The search features we were able to create allow us to easily search through files and find what we need.

Cons: The software has an older look to it, but that does not affect its use. Renewal is sometimes a pain but we have had help from support.

by eFileCabinet on 17/06/2020

It's amazing to hear how eFileCabinet has been able to help your business organize documents from all the way back in the 70s! We strive to provide your business with more efficiency and are grateful for your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

• Reviewed on 11/06/2020
Catherine R.
Billing Coordinator
Individual & Family Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/02/2019

"Great Software"

Comments: I love the navigation, the website, and the customer service.

Pros: It is very easy to navigate, upload, manage and organize documents. Easy printing and has great features like retention, permissions, templates (include mass options) and preview options.

Cons: I do not like that it does not have a feature to send reminders when updated documents are due. For instance, an email reminder for something that expires or renews every 6 months.

by eFileCabinet on 1/04/2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback, it's great to here that you love some of our easy features like retention and templates! We're excited about some upcoming features that will make the user experience even better and look forward to providing continued support for your business.

• Reviewed on 1/02/2019
Tami L.
CFO
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2016

"Customized Organization at its Best!"

Comments: Our IT person suggested and installed it, from day one we were so happy with it. While attending the EFile Convention in Las Vegas we learned about the smart phone ap - it makes us even more efficient. After installing the ap, I received a request from a customer for an additional copy of an invoice, I would have had to call the office and have someone else send it. Instead I was able to email it from my phone! Complete response to the customer in under 2 minutes. It makes us look so professional and on top of things!

Pros: Ease of implementation and the customization is so handy
Being able to email info to others so quickly from your computer or your smart phone

Cons: Occasional locking up on the server, but technology is never perfect and it's a quick icon reset

Maria H.
Accountant/ Office Manager

"GREAT STORAGE"

Comments: EfileCabinet has saved us great amount of space since we have been able to scan all documents. We are not 100% digital but we have converted a great amount of our documents.

Pros: We love the ease of scanning documents and being able to save directly in efile cabinet. Further its really nice to be able to save directly from Word/Excel/ Outlook that as the document in its original format.

Cons: I wish there was an easier way to search for documents.

by eFileCabinet on 26/08/2019

We are so excited to hear that you love the ease of scanning documents and being able to save so quickly by using eFileCabinet. It's great to hear that we're able to save you space and time, and we look forward to providing your business with continued support!

Tech & Marketing Director
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2019

"Every day use but run into issues now and then"

Pros: The ability to store documents and pull them up within seconds is a valuable tool for tax accounts. The ability to email documents straight from the program is the feature I appreciate the most.

Cons: It's common for a few of our workstations to have quirky problems with efile cabinet and it never seems to be the same. We've run into not being able to open documents, can't encrypt documents, can't scan into efile cabinet, you name it. But they're usually fixable after reaching out to support.

by eFileCabinet on 25/04/2019

Thanks so much for leaving us a review. It's great to hear that you love the emailing feature. We look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

John H.
  • Reviewed on 9/07/2019

"eFileCabinet works for me"

Comments: Switching our office to eFileCabinet for electronic storage in 2006 was on of the best decisions I've ever made.

Pros: 1. Easy to use software since 2006, and it keeps getting better
2. Integrated SecureDrawer is loved by our clients
3. CloudView backup...just in case
4. Customer support...professional, nice and fixes the problem on the first call

Cons: 1. Would like the ability to easily create and edit templates.

by eFileCabinet on 26/08/2019

It is so great to learn more about how your business uses eFileCabinet to help your business thrive and provide a great experience for your clients. We love being able to support your business and look forward to providing continued support for the success of your company!

Sarah W.
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2019

"Organization in a paperless office"

Pros: eFileCabinet allows our paperless office to run smoothly and stay organized. Having all of our client files accessible to all employees in one central location has allowed our office to run more efficiently and compliantly.

Cons: There seems to be lots of updates that we are not aware of unless we call into customer service.

by eFileCabinet on 16/04/2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are really excited about some of the updates we have coming in the future and want to let you know that we are hosting a webinar on April 25 to inform customers about the new features and would love for you to join. You can find more information at this site: https://go.efilecabinet.com/webinar/whats-new-efc

K. B.
Admin Manager
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2016

"Your virtual filing cabinet"

Comments: I have worked for other companies that have gone paperless and this system has more to offer and more practical applications than any other system I have used. The versatility this product offers in naming your files as if they are in your filing cabinet sitting in your office is unsurpassed. Yes it is virtual office filing cabinet, because you have accessibility no matter where you are, you are not limited to running back to the office to "grab that file".

Pros: Load up your stuff and it is wherever you are. If your co-worker or boss is out of the office and needs to look at something right away, you can drop it into the system and they can view it, download, print it, whatever they need to do from where they are.

Cons: Wish the interface with outlook email system was quicker. It seems to take forever for an email to "appear" in the file.

Liz D.
Operations Assistant
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"Easy to Learn and Use"

Comments: We are able to shred boxes and boxes of files and still be in compliance.

Pros: The Sidekick feature is a favorite. I also love that you can preview a document so that you don't have to open or check out a document. Love how easy it is to copy and paste from one location to another.

Cons: This is nit picking, but I do not like how when I'm in Sidekick and I need to go from a drawer/folder back to All Clients, it takes me to the top of the list every time (the As). I wish it would take me back to where I was in the list.

by eFileCabinet on 19/08/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, it's great to hear that you love Sidekick! We're really excited about some upcoming features that are going to improve the user experience even more, and we look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019