• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5

About Asana

Asana is the easiest way to organize and manage all of your team's work. See why 8,000+ customers give Asana 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Learn more about Asana

Showing 9,847 reviews

Charissa L.
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2017

"Asana has been a game-changer for our design and marketing teams!"

Pros: As a Project Manager at a mid-sized software company, I HAVE to have a big picture overview of all work being done: who is doing what, when the deadlines are, and when tasks are completed and approved. And, I need to be able to see what's going on from anywhere at any time. Before we started using Asana, it was incredibly difficult to track all of our projects and I used several data silos to manage all of the details. Asana was a life saver for me because not only does it allow me to see all of the work/tasks assigned to individuals, but my team uses it to communicate with each other - and I can view all of their communications for reference as needed. We also use the integration with the time tracking software, Everhour, and it worked really well for us. The dashboard and reporting functionalities are extremely easy to read, and give a great overview of progress. The free version is an incredible platform on its own, and upgrading to premium is extremely reasonable considering all of the extra reporting functionality you receive. This is a great program for companies that need a simple and intuitive solution for managing projects that require high communication and fast results.

Cons: It would be nice if the interface was more customizable for the purpose of displaying data in ways that would be most helpful for each individual user. Currently the display (of projects and task lists) is fairly inflexible, but, it's very easy to use. Asana does not have gantt charts or any micro level management tools used for budgeting, which is why I recommend using Asana for the communication and deadline aspect of projects, but NOT for carrying out PM responsibilities required for most successful projects.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2017
Grace D.
Lab Manager
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/01/2018

"EXCELLENT task management, but not worth paying for Premium features."

Pros: Before using ASANA, we seem to always be saying were is that file again? or I can't find that in my email? With ASANA we can organize, and simplify many tasks while also keeping everything in the same, nicely designed, place. The interface is relatively easy to navigate, and just takes some playing around to understand. Also, ASANA has a great app so its easy to have everything you need always at hand. The projects with a board view helps us layout research studies. When starting a study, having a board view really helps us see The big picture. We create columns for Design and Preparation, Recruitment, Measures ect. and layout major tasks with subtasks underneath. ASANA simplifies the process of writing letters of recommendation. Research assistants can create a task that lays out in subtasks the information, and files their letter writer will need, assign the task to their letter writer and set a due date. ASANA also allows you to have a workspace for work and personal. This is great because I can keep all of my to-do's in one software. Other great features: you can have ASANA create tasks from your email, tasks can belong to two projects, tasks/projects can easily be copied.

Cons: Premium features are not worth . They don't significantly improve the functionality, and are not worth going. The only draw is the free account only allows 15 members. ASANA should offer a cheaper subscription for teams who just need more than 15 members, but are not interested in the cost of the premium features. Here are some things that need work
1 Can't assign a task to more than one person (huge drawback)
2 Communicating on ASANA isn't the best. Most teams also use messaging services, like Slack for all communication. For us this has been a problem, because sometimes we can't remember where a certain conversation took place, on Slack or ASANA. It would be nice to have ASANA fully integrated with a messaging platform, so conversations about projects are in one or both places.
3 The calendar is honestly confusing. Always unsure if I add a due date to a task, if it will show up in the calendar or not-not very intuitive. Also, calendar should have different views for personal task dates, and team dates.
4 Files added to tasks are dead, meaning if you edit the file you need to upload the new version. It would be nice to have it integrated with cloud services so the file auto updates.
5 Can't communicate between tasks/projects on other workspaces or be able to copy a project to a new workspace.
6 Board view can get cluttered, so having projects within projects could help with larger projects.

• Reviewed on 4/01/2018
Cindy B.
Closeout Specialist & HR Administrator
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2018

"Asana Changed Our Entire Workflow"

Comments: It makes my job much easier. It helps office staff be more self-directing, and it keeps us organized on our management team.

Pros: It's accessible from my phone or my desktop. I have several ways of accessing my "to do list" now - I keep on top of my work and projects I'm even peripherally involved in via the inbox. I can filter to just "my tasks" or I can specifically choose a project and view all of its tasks. I can check out the calendar view to see what's going on with a broad look, or I can view individual tasks and all of the subtasks to manage them at a narrower scope. This app connects our management team, some of whom are almost always in the field, so that we can all work together. It's practically eliminated the need for internal emails. We love it. It keeps all of our information relevant, quickly-accessible, and current. Everyone has the most updated news on all of the projects he or she is involved in, so it makes everything move much more quickly, especially in invoicing and business development. One company I work for uses the free version, and I freelance for a company who uses the paid version. It's free or inexpensive, and it works wonders. I like it better than any of the competitors I've tried. The customer service and development teams are pretty transparent and active on their user forums, so that's a plus, too.

Cons: The only thing that I don't like is that once you pick a format for a project, it can't be changed. You can choose to have project organized as a list or as a "board" (think of it like a page full of sticky notes). I have one project that has gotten a lot bigger since I created it, and it would be much better managed at this point as a list, but I'll have to replace it with a list-based project in order to do that. Not a deal-breaker, but definitely should be an option. They're aware of it, and it's on their priority list. I just can't wait til it's released.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2018
Connie H.
Director of Marketing Resources Support
Government Administration, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/06/2018

"Effective project management"

Comments: Our Marketing team used the free version of Asana for over 5 years and really made it work for them to the point that we adopted it as an organization and purchased the pro version. We've been adding projects and it's now feeling cluttered, but I think that's just a process issue. I would recommend having clear guidelines on what constitutes a project and a routine for archiving projects to keep things clean from the onset.

Pros: Users don't have to be experts to get started with adopting this tool, but also has many advanced-level features and integrations. A "con" I turned into a "pro" through Asana's good knowledgebase was learning how to set up projects in Excel (allowing copy/paste and search/replace functionality for repetitive series of tasks) and importing into Asana as a new project -- initially they were taking too long. It's very easy to assign/change tasks in bulk. We have the Pro version and love the functionality of custom fields (although a con is that you only see the latest custom fields created by anyone and there's no controls so it can turn into inconsistencies or duplication of efforts.) Support was good and account manager used an onboarding template to outline our steps to help acclimate us.

Cons: There are ways to control email notifications within each project (or turn off completely), but in spite of training, I still struggle with that as I set up new projects and getting enough, but not too many, reminders. Subtasks are great to hide granular-level items or breakdown a single task to multiple users, but they're not automatically assigned to the parent project of the task they're created under. Notifications don't include the parent project name and the task isn't always clear when taken out of context.

• Reviewed on 5/06/2018
Michelle M.
Strategic Consultant
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/12/2018

"Long time user"

Comments: I've been using Asana for years- I think starting in 2010 or 11. I've used it so long that many of my accounts started as the free version and I've watched them slowly and effectively roll out added, useful, functionality without hassle or interruption. I've introduced over 10 nonprofit organizations to using Asana, and everyone has loved it.

Pros: Easy to learn, attractive and simple interfaces, easy to make it your daily home base. Great for both new and experienced computer users. I love that you can have task/project-related convos and attachments. This is excellent if you are like me and frequently need to show people where they made decisions in the past in an easy way. I love that events can be recurring on almost every pattern I've ever thought of. I use it for grants tracking, so I can assign out pieces to different team members and easily gather pieces back to me. I love that I can hyperlink to previous years notes, attachments, etc. for easy reference, which is really helpful with donors. I also use it to plan editorial pieces, social media, communications campaigns, nonprofit programs, board meetings, household tasks and chores, etc. Previosuly I used it for large books/projects to break large academic projects into smaller pieces. I've used it with large and small groups aged 18-67. I've set it up for over 10 orgs/groups and it is fast and easy. Everyone loves how easy it is to just start using it. Great email functionality and it has a ton of add-ins you can use to link to other software (like time tracking, invoicing, etc.) I LOVE ASANA.

Cons: I love their free version with a firey passion, but once downside is as they have grown, the free version has lost some searching/reporting capability. However, using their paid product gets you everything you could want. So if you are piloting the free version to get a sense, there is a lot more out there.

• Reviewed on 4/12/2018
Co-Founder
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/03/2019

"Great tool for task management and team collaboration."

Comments: Based on my experience, Asana is a great tool to coordinate small teams (or startups) and be more productive while keeping an eye on progress and bottle necks.

Pros: Asana has a great team behind its product that constantly updates the platform to meet customer demand. The user interface is very modern and easy to use while the user experience is very well thought out with great micro interactions that make the whole product experience very delightful. It's easy to navigate from one section to another with colored elements to highlight important aspects of the UI. It has useful features like subtasks, boards view and calendar view. You can also view the overall progress per project or team. With the portfolio function, you can view the status of all your current projects in real time, so you can keep everything on track and easily report on progress. They recently added a Gantt chart feature named "Timeline" that can help project managers. You can create templates for different tasks and projects, so you and your team can be more efficient. Priority makes it easy to give attention to tasks that need urgent attention. Integration with different services (Slack, Harvest, Dropbox, GitHub, etc) makes Asana be even more helpful. There is also an open API for more sophisticated applications.

Cons: As with all services there is a learning curve to actually becoming proficient in using Asana, but that can be easily accomplished with a bit of time and practice. The only thing I want to mention as a negative is the lack of option to hide team members from the side bar, because they are shown on top of each project. If you are a startup or a small team, and most of the team is on each project, it becomes irrelevant to actually see the same team members again and again. This would make the side menu / list a bit shorter to navigate through.

• Reviewed on 9/03/2019
Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2019

"A review of Asana by a Creative Director of a Marketing Agency"

Comments: A very useful - maybe even invaluable - tool for busy workplaces. Decent looking UI and colour scheme, clear lists but not so clear Project Views - not very good for visual people. Annoying notifications - but maybe I should just try and reduce the number of concurrent tasks!

Pros: There is something very satisfying about having a digital to do list, saved in the cloud, updated automatically and reminding you of key dates, comments and edits. There is something even more satisfying about being able to finally click a little tick button and have an animated unicorn fly across the screen as a reward. It is very useful to be able to keep ALL correspondence relating to a particular task or project in the same thread. This includes text messages, copy, images, PDFs, etc. - all easily downloadable. It's fairly intuitive - looming deadlines are highlighted in red, you can order tasks how you'd like them, you can tag people using the @ symbol like in Gmail and on social media. So, when you are in Asana, all is fine - you can see all your tasks as a list, a project as a whole or separated into Elements. You can even see your team-mate's projects too. Oh, also, adding sub tasks to tasks and sub tasks is very useful. It's not a nice feeling knowing that you can't tick something off your list until it's sub tasks sub tasks have been done, but that's not Asana's fault! It's nice that it emails you to notify you of key events, but this does have a downside. It's good that it ties in with Time Tracking software too.

Cons: So, we have to talk about emails. I, as I'm sure many others do too, have a huge number of tasks assigned to me on Asana. Many of these involve other people - clients, team members, project managers, etc. They all have different deadlines and start dates. Every single action involving you, by default, generates an email. Even after turning many of these notifications off, the Updates folder in my inbox is still so full or notifications, it's very common to miss more important ones. Also, the very fact that there is an Inbox IN Asana itself, means that you are notified of everything twice. This aspect doesn't quite feel right or logical. It also quite frequently logs me out, forcing me to log back in again.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2019
Wil S.
Marketing Software Admin
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2019

"Tracking my team and projects has never been easier!"

Pros: With Asana, I'm able to easily track projects my team is working and on and where they are with completion. We live off of board view as that gives us a visual idea on what needs to be handled next and by whom. Clicking a box on the board and seeing what tasks have been completed gives me simple access to see who's accountable for things during a project and address any errors in the process. Asana has done an exceptional job also, with making things customizable so that it functions to our company standards and needs.

Cons: The only downfall is that I wish Asana had more options to integrate time tracking as we depend on that to bill our clients. So separating billable from non-billable hours is a must for my company.

• Reviewed on 26/08/2019
Director of Product
  • Reviewed on 3/01/2020

"Great task-oriented project management tool"

Comments: We manage all projects with Asana. It's really a great tool! I've tried Jira and Trello, but Asana wins them all!

Pros: + Easy to use (task oriented)
+ Statuses, projects...
+ Collaboration (description, conversations, attachments, notification)
+ Gantt chart is great!
+ Slick UI and UX! Great work!

Cons: - Premium features (processes, automations) come with a premium price
- Missing feature: a place to store all product feature specs (documents) - like editable documents in folders (something what Jira has with Confluence, but with better UI/UX)

• Reviewed on 3/01/2020
Principal Technical Consultant
Information Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2020

"Intuitive Collaboration and Project Tracking Tool"

Comments: I have been using Asana for close to two years now to track my day-to-day activities, project cutover tasks and tracking support tickets. I like the design and the layout of the tool and how intuitive every action is. Would definitely recommend it.

Pros: Ease of Use - The tool is intuitive. No learning curve needed.
Organized User Interface.
Automated Email Notifications.
Cloud Service - Can be accessed using thin client.
Search feature works well and is fast.
Adding Tags.

Cons: Unintentional clicks sometimes triggers actions.
Configuring the automated emails was a bit confusing - Emails were sent out to the whole project team whenever a new task was created which we didn't want. We eventually configured it properly.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2020
Mackenzie J.
Marketing Director
Sports, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/02/2020

"An Advanced Version of Trello"

Comments: Overall, we have been very pleased with Asana. From a team project management standpoint and for keeping individual tasks organized and prioritized, Asana is a step up from Trello. I would recommend this for distributed teams working on various projects (with or without other business unites) who are looking to get and stay organized.

Pros: Asana operates similarly to a Trello board, but has more features and functionality, making it a better investment for teams and individual contributors. Asana enables you to both track tasks along a customizable set of groups and track/prioritize tasks for individuals and teams. Not only that, Asana's interface makes it easy to have and store conversations pertaining to project success with real-time alerts when a new comment is added. It has made working with my team and other business units much easier!

Cons: Asana does have some limited functionality that can result in lengthy conversations within each project "card." Because you are unable to link text, you must paste the full URL, which can get messy when you are adding 5-10 URLs to outside pages/docs/etc. We also cannot add rich text features like tables, which would prevent us from creating a GoogleDoc with the table and adding the link to the text thread. Small inconveniences, but inconveniences nonetheless.

• Reviewed on 6/02/2020
Eddie L.
Co-Founder
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2020

"Best in class product"

Pros: While my head of product can speak more to the specifics, we felt that of all the many products we've evaluated in this market, Asana solves those use cases best and provides a lot of flexibility at a very reasonable cost.

Cons: Not everything is perfect, but newer versions started limiting some functionality about how we represent data about specific items on the task list. Sometimes I wish tasks could be tracked in a more storyboard format, but that was less for the use case of software development, and there are other platforms for that.

by Asana on 10/06/2020

Hi Eddie, thanks so much for your feedback and detailed review!

We're always looking into new ways to improve Asana, we'd love to invite you to share these on our community forum (forum.asana.com)! We already have a few existing threads that you can upvote, but don't hesitate to create new ones, if you're thinking of a specific request that doesn't exist already.

We look forward to hearing from you!

• Reviewed on 25/03/2020
Vasileios N.
Web Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2020

"Asana is the tool of choice when managing digital media projects"

Comments: Asana is the tool of choice when you want to manage digital media projects. The ability to implement strictly Scrum , Kanban rules is up to you without any restrictions set from the software - and you can be as versatile as you want.

Pros: - Asana is a really intuitive project management tool with a really small learning curve comparing to the likes of Jira, Monday and Airtable. New team members can easily get onboard without much training. - Really flexible as well as it lets you create all kind of project boards based on your needs. Does not restrict you to a specific logic i.e. Jira ; while at the same time gives you tools to organize and shape your project plan as you like eg. with the use of Custom Fields - really cool!

Cons: - The Portfolio functionality being on the Business tier - Having to enroll ALL team members to Business tier and not just some members of the team i.e. just the line Managers. Not everyone needs to have access to the Business tier features and tools.

Amber B.
Operations Manager
Executive Office, 2-10 Employees

"Asana Review"

Comments: We have really been able to streamline processes using asana. Also, being able to really have one place to house all info about a project. I also love using the workload feature. This way I can work with sales to see who needs more work and who is about to go on overload.

Pros: User friendly, ability to use minimal features to as in depth as you want. This helps a lot for my Executives that don’t need to know the ins and outs. Also, the training videos help tremendously to on-board a new employee who has never used the software before. I don’t have to come up with my own.

Cons: Still waiting on Forms that can be created and used at a Team level and not just a project level. I’d love to be able to do more automation with in the software itself. Right now I have to use google forms and zapier to do any if/then functionality.

Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/08/2020

"Robust Project Management Software for Creative Agency"

Comments: Asana has allowed our business to become so much more streamlined, and we no longer worry about dropping balls or missing deadlines. We have been able to accomplish so much more work because of our organization within Asana.

Pros: Asana has been integral to our business in the last few years -- the platform allows for robust content / project management. We are a small design and web development agency, and we're finally able to track our projects from first inquiry to project close. Asana has been an amazing tool for keeping our processes efficient and transparent, and we've set up teams shared with some clients so that they too can be aware of our progress on their projects. We've also been doing all this using the free version -- we briefly tried a demo of the paid tier, but we found that for our small (and somewhat change-averse) team, the free version has virtually everything we need.

Cons: There are some elements of Asana that are surprisingly inflexible -- we'd love to have more color options to differentiate our projects and tags, rather than having to use the same 16 colors, for example. And the email notifications are not great -- they send more than is necessary, and they're not very customizable. Asana's customer support team is responsive, but all the requests we have appear to also have been in the request queue for years.

• Reviewed on 6/08/2020
Ronald L.
Content Manager
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/01/2021

"The tool you knew you needed"

Comments: Asana has helped us to improve processes and communications. With the team clearly seeing where they're getting involved and also being notified of when they must jump in, productivity has increased. We can clearly track projects, small or large, and leave notes and questions whenever it's needed. Our corporation decided to stop using other tools and switch to Asana. The first steps were a bit rough but in a week everybody started to share the things they were learning and 2 weeks later everybody was used to it. With every chance we have we use it for more complex tasks and projects, and so far we are really thankful for the change. I must say that if we were a small company we probably wouldn't need all the flexibility Asana offers. Some of the competitors are more than enough for a small portion of the cost. But if your team is big enough and projects are very complex and frequent, Asana is the right tool for you to simplify it all as you always dreamed of.

Pros: I'm in love with its ability to easily track and manage projects that have many actors and tasks/subtasks. It includes all you need, from timeline to unlimited file sharing. It can be as good as a replacement for long email threads. In here you can keep al focused in the individual parts. The fact that you can have sections, tasks and subtasks also allows you to divide a project into phases/areas/modules, have a responsible for each and they can individually plan their tasks and subtasks. This won't remove the possibility of adding dependencies between sections and areas. Instead, it will give you the freedom to plan ahead from top to bottom. Beautiful! You can always reference other people, tasks, etc. and whenever these get renamed, all the references will instantly update. It's absolutely flexible: if you close a task by accident you can undo it. Actually, you can undo everything! No risk of breaking the entire project with a missclick.

Cons: The only downside I can find so far is that it doesn't have a private message feature. It does have a Conversations section but these are visible to everybody. This represents a challenge in case some sensitive information must be shared or discussed. I'm not really sure if this is by design since visibility is a clear goal for Asana, but it's a feature that you will probably start searching for really quick. However, if you are using Asana or some other internal chat tool you'll be covered. The other "kind of" downside is that Asana is so vast an good that it can take a while to get all the basic tricks, but no doubt it's probably the best documented application I've used, so it's just a matter of a bit of patience and searching when you want to know how to do something. The team still shares tips from time to time of things they discover and it's been a great experience.

• Reviewed on 2/01/2021
Software Developer Intern
  • Reviewed on 6/01/2021

"The Ultimate Efficiency Accelerator"

Comments: Altogether, I couldn't picture my work environment without the presence of Asana. The percentage increase in efficiency our team has noticed since integrating the software is substantially high. Personally, I love the large amount of unknown tools/features that I discover on a regular basis, and understanding how I can incorporate them into my workflow is always exciting!

Pros: Asana is a core platform for our business and team-cooperation associated with task management. Organizing assignments and ensuring deadlines are met has never been easier with amazing features such as time allocating & due dates, @mentioning teammates, colour-coding tasks based on their urgency and countless other additions. I found the product easily adaptable and very effective after initial setup, and the vibrant display as well as small animations on completing tasks are truly up-lifting.

Cons: Working alongside a smaller team, Asana didn't seem as the best option due to its slightly greater cost relative to its competitors, though as our business expanded we were content that we remained with the platform.

• Reviewed on 6/01/2021
Meredith M.
Production Manager
  • Reviewed on 4/02/2021

"Great Baseline Project Management Software"

Comments: Overall, we've been very pleased with Asana for our agency. While working remotely during the pandemic, it's been an invaluable resource to make sure our team is all on the same page across clients and projects. Custom fields, statuses, and comments have kept us all connected and allowed us to continue work just as if we were in the office together.

Pros: I love Asana because of the easy to navigate interface, visual organization, and ability to create custom fields that allow my agency to get the most out of our project setups. The ability to perform advanced searches is invaluable to our team. We create reports based on those searches to allow us to better track progress on certain projects and initiatives.

Cons: One major pitfall of Asana is the "Template" feature. With their templates, you have to create an entirely new project within a team in order to use a template you've created, drag the tasks to an existing project, and delete the new project you just made. It's essentially rendered this feature more of a hassle than a help. We would love to have the ability to choose a template and insert it into an existing project with ease. Also, a simple task template would be helpful, so that for routine tasks you perform for different clients, you could go to templates, tasks, and apply just ONE task to an existing project.

• Reviewed on 4/02/2021
Kurt H.
Creative Director/Founder
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2021

"Asana is Great for Task Management"

Comments: Asana has been an essential tool for our agency to centralize task management and have a tool to help us keep on task.

Pros: We are a digital marketing agency and we use Asana daily for managing tasks, both custom requests that come in from the client and monthly recurring tasks. It's perfect as a central portal where the team can see everything due and what is happening with tasks, vs. everything being lost in separate strings of emails. Asana has saved a lot of tasks from getting off track. We've been improving how we use it a lot in the last year, organizing it by client and devoted sections within each client to easily track different types of tasks, such as "Items Due from the Client" vs. "Monthly Recurring Tasks" or "Special Projects" etc. It's also really handy to have the phone app in addition to the computer version for working tasks on the go.

Cons: It works great for the task management aspect, but it would be great if it had budgeting and time planning functionality, so we did not have to go to separate solutions for that. It would also help to see general account or project status items, but we might be able to figure out a workaround to make that happen as we have on some other needs.

• Reviewed on 14/03/2021
Maszni A.
Senior Web Developer
Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2021

"Best for managing customer feedback"

Comments: We are very happy implementing Asana into our work system as it has help us greatly managing our work. Every team member has a very clear work description with this software especially when we are collaborating on project.

Pros: What i really like with Asana that i have use is managing customer feedback and filter it to forward it the respective department. It help us to track the ticket opened by customer, and track the ticket progress either is has been taken action and can be closed.

Cons: There are not many integration that can be linked with this software. I need a integration with Github and has making a request to the developer, but still has no respond for it. It will help so much for a Information Technology staff user like me to managing the Helpdesk between Asana with our current system.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2021
Data Analyst
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2021

"Asana is the perfect tool for managing everyday work."

Comments: Asana has been exceptional since my company first started using it. In the past year, Asana has been the backbone of my team's work collaboration as we have been working remotely as a result of the Covid 19 pandemic. Asana offers excellent functionality, reliability, value for money and I would highly recommend it.

Pros: Asana is simply one of the best work management softwares on the market. I like the fact that it not only allows you to create a project but also delegate subtasks within the project to co-workers and set deadlines. This ensures that everyone knows their responsibilities and when their tasks are due. Also, the task dependencies feature helps work move along smoothly as it allows you to mark a task as waiting on another to help keep complex projects on track and ensure the right work is getting done on time and makes sure that no task is holding the project back. I also like features like timelines, custom templates and custom fields.

Cons: My organisation has used Asana for close to two years and it has been nothing short of excellent. It has been great all round and has greatly boosted my team's productivity and made collaboration very easy. In all honesty there is nothing I can think of to criticize about Asana. It is truly an excellent software.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2021
Mohammed majeed D.
Field Manager
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/07/2021

"don't be deceived by the extremely user friendly interface, it is beast when it comes to performance"

Comments: Having used multiple project management software on different projects with different teams, I have noticed that those on Asana usually have the least uptake times for new team members to get used to the software. Not only does that advantage reduce onboarding and training times, it also reduces the frequency of errors and ends up boosting productivity much more that what I have observed on other teams.

Pros: Navigating around the program is very simple and uncomplicated. This is usually my first consideration when I am learning to use any software, and with Asana it doesn't come any less uncomplicated than that. Another wonderful thing about Asana is the unending list of second and third party software it seamlessly integrates with. With this, there is often zero disruption of workflow systems for teams new to Asana.

Cons: The file formats available for exporting projects is not extensive enough; often requiring secondary conversion into other equally useful and common formats.

• Reviewed on 2/07/2021
Suzannah H.
Assistant Manager
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2021

"Really useful task manager software"

Comments: Me and my team really happy deploying this task manager software as our main software for managing all our task and project. It let us to accelerate in finishing and completing our project within the time frame and let every team member has its own task to manage.

Pros: The most feature that i really like with Asana is the tasks and sub-tasks is really in helpful. Me and my team has a easier process in distributing the task and assigning ownership to the task. Setting the task due date also has help us to more alert on the task due times and to make sure we do not the cross the timeline.

Cons: I don't really fond of this software communication platform. It has no individual inbox that i can sent a message privately as it only has a public wall for the communication platform. Asana also has not much room for customization on the task board and only can use the default template.

• Reviewed on 25/04/2021
Rickey J.
Customer Success Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2021

"Great, robust tool for project management"

Comments: Unlike other platforms, Asana is much more efficient when working and carrying out your projects, not only because of the quality of its interface and the excellent function of its tools. from carrying out a project to a task and subtasks it is really easy and very professional. They haven't fallen into the trend of making everything bubbly and cartoonish like other platforms. Asana has also helped to eliminate the cost of other tools, since many additional features are built in.

Pros: I like the User interfaces because it makes early adoption very possible. The learning curve is small, and it's easy to set up your tasks, request colleagues to participate and to do everything simultaneously. I also enjoy the aggregate of the duties for reporting purposes, and they'll be reminded to accomplish the duties. The working calendars are also pretty clean and it's simple to reorganize the scheduled start times, durations and completion dates to integrate documents, reports or e-mails.

Cons: It's difficult to figure how to hide some info that is unnecessary for your specific use case. It's also not so simple to add in dates for recurring tasks.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2021
Luciano Z.
ChatBot and Automation Developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 7/07/2021

"I can't do without it"

Comments: I can both get a general overview and overview of my activities, as well as more detail and focus on the point tasks I need to solve in relation to a large task.
It allows you to break into subtasks so that you always have more control and precision.

Pros: Asana has been for me the simplest, fastest and most intuitive tool that allows me to keep order in the various activities of my work.

Cons: I would love it if it included the ability to use a "flow chart" mode that would allow you to group and use the various items in a different, more logical way.

• Reviewed on 7/07/2021