• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5

About Asana

Asana is the easiest way to organize and manage all of your team's work. See why 8,000+ customers give Asana 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Learn more about Asana

Showing 9,615 reviews

Memory M.
Website Designer
Broadcast Media, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2021

"Fantastic task management software!"

Comments: I started using this software at a previous job then, when starting here, quickly found out that not all task-management tools are created equal. The one we were using was not very functional and people tasks were constantly getting lost in the shuffle. The other website designer that started after me had also used Asana before so we started using it to manage the development of the site we were designing. We told another team about it and they started using it as well. It eventually caught on and we convinced the higher-ups to purchase an upgraded plan and implemented it company wide. There are so many great features. It's impossible to narrow down my favorite. But I will say that it makes managing tasks so easy and helps my addled brain stay organized and focused. There are different modes for how you view your tasks allowing users to choose one that they prefer. For example, there's a calendar view, a list view, a Trello-type layout, and more. I also LOVE that it's offers so much flexibility in how tasks are organized. You can set up different teams and assign certain people to be in those teams. Within the teams you can create projects, then breaks those down into tasks. Within the teams you can create multiple levels of subtasks - for example, a subtasks inside a subtasks inside the main task. This is a really great feature for me, being a website designer, because there are so many steps involved in creating a site.

Pros: What's not to like?! The customer service is great, there are multiple training videos to help you learn about all the different features and how to use them, it's GREAT for staying organized when you have a million different projects you are working on at once, it makes delegating projects and tasks very easy... Beyond all the great task-related features, one of my favorite things is the quirky animations - when marking complete on a task you'll occasionally get a celebratory animation (kind of a geeky, digital pat on the back) my favorite being a unicorn that flies across your screen. This is obviously not something that's necessary or a way to help users stay more organized, but it is fun and adds a little extra flair to the software. (Yes, it's the little things that excite me. ­čść)

Cons: As with any software that is customizable and has a lot of features, there is a learning curve to using Asana. There are so many different settings and features, it can take a while to learn the ins and outs of using it. But, as I already said previously, they provide a plethora of training videos and have excellent customer service when you need to contact them. One specific thing I wish was different is how the repeating tasks are set up. As of now, when a task is set to repeat, the next task doesn't show up until the previous one has been marked as complete. It would be nice to see all the repeating tasks (especially in the calendar format) so you can get an accurate view of all the tasks you have coming up for the upcoming months. It's not a major inconvenience, but something I would suggest that the developers implement in a future update.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2021
Britt S.
Strategic Account Manager
Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2021

"Do you like lists? WOULD YOU LIKE MORE LISTS?"

Comments: We tracks projects/Deals over 5 teams with lots of timescales and deliverables. We are trying to cut down on tools because we are spread across too many of them. In the beginning, there was order and decorum, right now, it's hard to find things, and silo'ed departments are doing better than cross-functionals.

Pros: We spent about 4 months talking about the move from Trello to Asana, and about 2 months implementing it. Asana has a great project tracking abilities, and for us, the ability to put the same projects in different portfolios (think folders) was key as many different departments need vision into the same projects, but don't want to organize/think like a different department. I like the integration with slack.

Cons: Right now we are in list overload. I literally have over 200 tasks overdue in Asana right now, and it can stress you out so much, you just want to avoid the whole thing all together. Also, if you company likes to iterate a lot, it can be hard to find what you're looking for, because rules keep changing. Right now it's a mess, and I'm sure that has more to do with us than Asana. We're 80 people, we're on the way to be 200, and I'm worried about how much crazier it will get. Also, I don't like that everyone has full view into all my tasks. Somethings would be nice to be private.

• Reviewed on 27/01/2021
Vanessa A.
Executive Assistant
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2020

"Asana helps me stay organized and on track, it's not always perfect but it's always improving"

Comments: I use Asana a daily basis in my work and personal life. I get my thoughts laid out and am sure to enter all of the tasks I need to keep on my radar so they are out of my head and I can sleep at night! I love how I can also
I love the basic set up of Asana. I had been using it for years in my jobs, my business, and even my personal life. I love how well it helped me keep track of my tasks and projects. It helps me see what I need from different views but also keep items on my radar in my own projects while keeping them on the radar on my teammates projects.
I love all of the features it has and keeps adding. And most of all I really appreciate that even though it is not a perfect tool it is constantly improving. Their Rules (automations) seem like a great start as it is a new feature, I'm already making use of it. It's very helpful that tasks can live in multiple projects and that you can switch from different views (previously you had to pick one and could not change it).
The custom fields come in handy all of the time!

Pros: I love the basic set up and that you can switch between different views (when previously you had to choose one).
Portfolios are great for keeping an eye on multiple projects.
Having the ability to add tasks to multiple projects is a big plus and very helpful so that tasks can be seen from various perspectives. It's helpful also having the tag feature to group related tasks from various projects.
It's great that I can add emails straight to the projects as tasks and it's clickable so if I need to get more info or reply to the email its easy to find and open.
Custom fields are incredibly helpful so we can get the customized information that we need.
Forms I a great feature as well though I haven't been able to get much use of them as they are right now.

Cons: There are minor items that I'm not satisfied with. Automations/rules are very limited & it seems unnecessary to limit the # per project. The triggers & actions are also pretty limited but I understand this is a newer feature. I wish they'd incorporate tags into the automations.
It also seems that the Gmail extension has not been updated in a long time. I wish some of the features were incorporated. For instance, I'd like to note what section of a project a task goes in while saving it. It's not very helpful if I need to go & find it in Asana to edit it.
I wish there were a better way to work with templates, I don't like that templates look like regular projects in your list. It'd also be great if we could have templates for tasks as well.
I wish there was a way to organize your favorites, perhaps by having sections. It'd be helpful if milestones could have a start & end date.
The inbox is a bit overwhelming, it seems to capture everything & while you can just focus on the important items (like mentions) it still feels cluttered when you're on the main view & see every little update.
Reporting could be improved on. It's a bit glitchy whenever you make a change to the report, you have to resave & also the only format that is helpful to me is the CSV but I wish it would produce a Google sheet & I wish we could control what fields get exported.
I wish forms had more conditional logic as I can't really use them well as is.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2020
Digital Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2020

"Asana for Digital Agencies"

Comments: I solved the workload of every member of my team and the priority of each task. I was able to have a clear and open vision of the situation with each client and deliver their requests on time. It was very helful to us.

Pros: I used Asana for 1-2 years while I was working on a Social Media Agency. It helped me a lot to organize my team. I was able to track all the tasks in their differents stages and also I could know the workload of every member of my team.
Also I integrated Asana with my Gmail and created tasks from there, very easy and quickly.

Cons: When I started using Asana, I had trouble copying and pasting images directly from the email body. Then when they achieved integration with Gmail, this was resolved.
Also, email notifications were quite annoying until I learned how to disable them. Maybe they could add a feature to only send email notifications for important tasks.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2020
Hugo C.
Projects managers
  • Reviewed on 5/05/2020

"Free version is already great, it is even better when you upgrade"

Comments: I have been using Asana for many years, when I need to refer to a good and useful tool for managing project, I always say Asana. Moreover the free version offers all the needed basic features, it is impressive.

Pros: The clean UI, the board and custom fields.

Cons: Subtasks management (mostly in the board view) because too much click to reach them and no overall view (no nice hierarchical view with parents and child tasks).

by Asana on 10/06/2020

Thanks for the awesome review, Hugo! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

We've some exciting updates coming up, so make sure to keep an eye on our release notes (https://asa.na/releasenotes) and product announcements in our community forum (https://asa.na/702)!

• Reviewed on 5/05/2020
Mike G.
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2020

"Asana for Client Social Media Project Management"

Comments: It's our go-to project management tool for client social media work. We are a remote team so we need a cloud-based tool to keep everything organized and it does just that. Love the mobile app as well.

Pros: Asana has been a huge asset for our team. We can break client work down and keep it all orderly in one place with great updates.

Cons: Sometimes I get to many emails! Takes time to go in and identify who should get what alerts and updates.

by Asana on 10/06/2020

Hi Mike, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review!

It's possible to manage which type of notifications you'd like to receive by email for your projects. You can learn how to manage these notifications in the following article: https://asana.com/guide/help/projects/people#gl-notifications

And of course, if you have any follow-up questions or ideas you'd like to see implemented in Asana, feel free to join our Community Forum, where you can ask us questions, log your feature request and get support and tips from our community!

• Reviewed on 19/03/2020
Heidi G.
Membership Engagement Coordinator
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"The organizational tool to keep your life colorful and carefree"

Comments: I'd recommend Asana to anyone who asked because I have not yet found a software that I like as much. It's colorful, inviting, and friendly. It makes you feel encouraged to look at your long list of things to do, rather than fill you with dread. In my job, I have many hats to juggle, and Asana helps to take care of it all. It's the sticky note of the internet, and I am a grateful user.

Pros: I am a sticky note person. I have sticky notes everywhere, but the problem is that sticky notes can't remind you of your tasks, notify you if you've missed a deadline, or post comments to your coworkers to find out if they've completed their portion of the task. Asana does all of that. I can organize my work life down to the millisecond if I wanted to, but that's a little overkill. Everything in Asana is clearly displayed and labeled. Our staff uses the system together, so I can keep track of what my coworkers have on their plate. It helps me to know if/when I can interrupt them or ask to assist on a task. The deadlines are helpful as well and intuitive. If you miss a task, it goes red. Check off a task, and the funniest thing happens. A unicorn shows up to congratulate you. I appreciate the humor of the software developers. It reminds me that we are all human and just want to laugh sometimes. If you have a task that needs to get done, but a coworker is the person who has to do it, no problem! Simply assign a task to them, and they will get a notification. No more tracking down staff in the office just to ask them to do something. It's a very efficient tool, and I am very happy.

Cons: There is no messaging component that allows for live chat conversations. That is the only downside. If I want to have a conversation with a coworker on a project, I have to create a comment and tag them in it- real Facebook style. If I could have a chat button to work in real time with my coworkers, I'd get rid of Slack in a heartbeat. Also, sometimes categorizing the section entitled "My Tasks" can be tricky. There are so many settings that you have to be very specific, like assigning a date and a person to the task (like yourself). If you accidentally write a task, but don't assign a date or person, that task could disappear somewhere into your growing list of things to do. It can be easy to lose a task if you're not careful.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2019
Michael C.
Web Developer
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2019

"Simple and easy task management"

Comments: I use this as a quick way to jot down ideas, suggestions and tasks when communicating with clients and then I can come back and expand on the tasks with more details when I have more time. Adding in sections to distinguish priority and time-frames is nice as well.

Pros: It's so easy to setup a project and add in tasks when in a rush.
It's extremely easy to invite people to join your organisation and being able to have up to 15 for free is amazing.
I find the option of being able to view tasks in both a list and board view very useful.

Cons: I use it in a very simple manner just to manage ideas and tasks on different projects so currently there are no cons. A few years ago I did find it to load slowly but they have fixed it and increased the speed.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2019
Moshe D.
Director/VP
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Great clean software for managing tasks !"

Comments: It helps us manage workflow, organize tasks, and delegate tasks. I use it mostly for delegating.
Overall I am very happy

Pros: The interface is clean simple and fluid. There is no waiting or load time on any pages, which I consider a very important requirement in any software, especially a task management software. Its intuitive any easy to use

Cons: No good solution from time tracking.
No good hierarchy option for organizing tasks.
Its not built with every day tasks in mind, its more focused on projects. but its simple interface makes it easily usable for any tasks you need.
Chat is near real time, but not real-time.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2019
Christopher D.
Creative Manager
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/08/2019

"Workflows for dummies!"

Comments: Asana is a great platform for designers and marketing teams but may not the perfect solution for more business-finance oriented individuals. Asana feels like an upgraded Basecamp and Zoho with pretty visuals, fun integration, and task/priority management in a nutshell.

Pros: Asana's visually engaging and provides an easy at-a-glance view of projects depending on the template you've chosen for a group/project. In addition, its customization allows for easy task management and tailoring to your organizations needs.

Cons: As a newer user, I found that also having too many options made me feel some decision fatigue. I wasn't sure which template to pick but it took some experimenting and onboarding with Asana's team to figure out what worked for my organization. We currently use it for marketing projects internally and it is being used daily which has been helping workloads and making sure that the team is aware of what is going on.

• Reviewed on 7/08/2019
Enya M.
Paralegal
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2019

"Asana keeps me organized!"

Comments: Switching to Asana made it easier for me to set goals, track my progress, and stay ahead of the game when it comes to managing my case load.

Pros: Asana helps me keep on top of the tasks, due dates, and sub-tasks that I need to be getting done. Unlike other case management/time management software, Asana actually works! Being able to see everything in one place helps me be able to better prioritize my tasks and make sure nothing slips through the cracks.

Cons: This is a very small thing, but one of the only things I have found that I do not enjoy is when I am on my list of tasks I am unable to move all tasks within a Section at once. I can move the Section title, but then I need to move every task individually. I wish I could drag and drop things around in batches.

• Reviewed on 22/07/2019
Monica D.
Founder/Owner
Publishing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2019

"Oasis for the Cluttered Mind"

Comments: I have a lot of plans for my business and have had people come in and out to help me with those plans, mainly virtual assistants. Those VA's have been in the country and out, and Asana has been easy for everyone to work with and communicate via. I have had people suggest other things like Trello, which I have used and have no problems with, but I like the depth and continued simplicity of Asana and have not plans to switch.

Pros: It'a tough to pick one thing that I love, but I think if I had to, it's the fact that when I have an annoying to-do list in my head that I know I am going to want to share with a team member or some other contractor I will bring on to help me with something in my business, I can go to Asana to create a list, do a brain dump and add dates and other info as I come up with them. No need to look for paper (as much as I like to write things by hand) and no need to worry about leaving that written list at home the one time I am away from it and want to add to it. Asana is easy to use and has lots of stuff that gets me by as a free user. When I am ready to take on the expense, it will open up even more great features.

Cons: The expense. It's not bad for one person, but I have a little team that I intend to expand. The fee for Asana is per user. It's worth it. I am sure of that, but as a semi-solopreneur who has a few people to help me from time to time and who wants to solidify things so those team members are a definite fixture, I won't look to take on the expense until I know my business can pay for it.

Michael D.
Publishing Manager
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2019

"Great task-management and collaboration tool"

Comments: It's a breeze to use and it enables our busy publishing team of 10 to collaborate and stay on top of our day-to-day. It also gives me the paper trail I need for quarterly and annual reporting. Highly recommended.

Pros: It's very easy to implement and to onboard new users. The interface is attractive and very intuitive. New features are appearing every few months - the recently added Portfolio/Workload feature is brilliant. Now I get the Gantts I need to monitor my team's workload and our many projects.

Cons: Being able to estimate hours per task would make Workload even more useful. Keyword search (for completed tasks/projects etc.) can be a little flakey.

Digital Design Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2019

"The most intuitive project management tool!"

Comments: Overall Asana kept my team well-aligned with cross-functional teams in the department, and was crucial in meeting tight deadlines. Less time emailing = more time getting work done!

Pros: The interface is easy to navigate, and very intuitive. You can tag team members in comments, assign tasks, re-open tasks, share files and links for approvals. It's complex without ever looking or feeling complex, it just helps teams stay organized and on task. Not to mention it's easy to train new employees on since it's so intuitive! My favorite aspect of all though, is the customizable task lists. As a team leader, it was helpful to customize my lists to keep a pulse on all the projects in my team's queue. As a contributor, each of my team members could organize their action lists however they wantedÔÇôdue date, priority, etc...

Cons: I wish that the project timeline setup was less manual. If one task's timeline went over, it was a bit manual to update the remaining timeline of all the other tasks in the project.

• Reviewed on 23/05/2019
Lauren P.
Sr. Digital Producer, Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2018

"Asana General Review"

Comments: Overall I really love working in Asana. It's easy to use, very intuitive, and solved a huge business need, which was really streamlining our project process and organizing team assignments. I think there's tons of room for growth. I also really like all the online resources they provide - I bookmark articles and tips all the time.

Pros: The collaboration opportunities this platform offers is excellent. I also really like being able to assign users are contributors or comment-only. That has been helpful when working with clients who get a little overzealous with their task assigning. Obviously the look and feel are great - it's very intuitive to someone who uses collaborative tools (ie. similar to Basecamp). I also love the drag and drop file archive - we use this feature even more than Dropbox because all aspects of the project can live in one place. The more I can keep my team in this system working, and finding what they need independently, the better.

Cons: Not being able to assign the same task to two people is a pain. I don't want to duplicate the task because that clutters up my project space and can cause confusion (esp when I have a ton of moving parts). . So the option to have two people responsible for the same task would be ideal. I've had issues with the dependency feature as well. It's not super intuitive - though it's a feature I'd like to use because I'd like to trigger team members to start on certain work once a task is completed - it would make my job as the Sr. PM easier. Maybe blowing out the dependency functionality is something to look into. One thing I hear ALOT from clients and team members is accessing links from their Asana email notifications. They will click a link and be taken to just that specific task, but they don't understand where that task lives because the project tags aren't obvious enough. If the links could open up the full project with the list or kanban view on the left, and the open task on the right, that would be hugely helpful. Resourcing is a huge issue for our company so I would love to see something about resource management implemented in the future. I would pay double to have a solid resourcing/traffic view in Asana.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2018
Director of Operations
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2018

"Easy to use, great for accountability"

Comments: Our company has increased our ability to provide clients with deliverables. We have been able to say we meet deadlines. We also have not sacrificed quality and have been given the ability to focus on that rather than focusing on tasks/timelines.

Pros: It works for both my visually creative people and my operational people. It allows ease of mind for myself when assigning tasks to others. It's also easy to use for those who aren't "tech savvy" or who struggle with learning new things. They provide a lot of insight into how to use/customize the software for your organization. Having implemented it across my organization in the "premium" version, we have found ourselves more organized, more goal focused, and are no longer worried about remembering the details. It's all there for us. Very happy with the future updates coming out to make it less marketing/sales oriented with abstracts to more process oriented and operational-ized without losing the ease-of-use features. We use it primarily for HR (training, onboarding) and our Client Projects (keeping track of tasks and deliverables while keeping an eye on due dates). We have just implemented it into Marketing/Sales and we maintain about 75% compliance.

Cons: It was hard to find information on the premium version in a way that showed me exactly what it did. Eventually, a person contacted me by email and provided me with a webinar, but I couldn't find the same webinar on their site which was a little frustrating. Their customer support has gotten better, but it still needs a little work (chat is great, but would love a dedicated account director). Still lacks features that other PM software has which I would like. I know it's coming soon though. I rated lower on Features/Functionality and Value for Money because I think those go hand in hand. The Free version was fine for us except I wanted more. If there were more features I think it would be more worth the money. As it stands, you could take or leave the premium version. Among peers, I usually recommend the Free version and implementing that before moving towards the Premium version. I did that for about 6 months before committing to Premium.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2018
Valerie T.
Virtual Assistant
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2018

"Full-featured task manager with one notable flaw"

Pros: Asana is one of the best task management systems available, and one of the best things about it is that it's free. There is a paid version, but the free version is very full-featured and plenty good enough for most things. The things I like most are:
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Actively developed and supported
- Large, active community
- Integrates with practically everything
- Can share with multiple people
Asana is very popular and used by many entrepreneurs and small businesses. It is simple enough to use without any real training, but full-featured enough to grow with your business.

Cons: Asana has one big flaw that even the paid account doesn't address. You can't see ALL of your tasks in one place. Asana is organized into Workspaces and within those, Projects. Within each Workspace, you can view MyTasks to see all the tasks assigned to you from all the projects within THAT workspace. But if you have multiple workspaces (ex. a client shares their workspace with you), there is no way to see all the tasks assigned to you from all workspaces. Literally no way. No workarounds I've tried work, no chrome extensions, nothing. There are tons of requests for this feature in the Asana community, but for whatever reason - they just don't offer this feature. Take note Asana devs - if you would just fix this one issue, Asana would be very close to perfect for a lot of people. Fix this one issue, and a bunch of those people who are using other tools might come on back to you.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2018
Billy B.
Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 4/04/2019

"You need Asana, thank me later."

Comments: Asana has made a positive impact on my work life. It keeps our Marketing department on-track and very organized. It is a great product that would be useful to any team, project, business, etc.

Pros: With my role, I have a multitude of projects everyday with crucial due dates. I work with 10-20 different co-workers at any given time and needed a simplified way to manage everything IÔÇÖm working on in one place - my email inbox was not cutting it. Asana solved my problem. Now, co-workers create Tasks with all the information and dates needed, IÔÇÖm immediately notified and I can then plan my day, week, quarter, etc. I have dedicated one monitor solely to Asana. It's so now part of my daily routine and has become so important to me. Asana keeps me on track, allows for project collaboration and statuses to keep everyone in the know. One of the best parts of my day is when I mark a Task as completed. Not only does it feel good to clean up the list of projects, but a fun animation happens to celebrate the achievement - I love those types of things!! Another cool feature is the ability to integrate Asana into Slack, which is my second favorite work app. Asana is a game changer! I canÔÇÖt see managing my work life without it.

Cons: The only feature I wish it had was the ability to mark certain dates as not available ÔÇô meaning, If I am out of the office on vacation, I would like to disable those dates from being selected by co-workers when creating Tasks. This feature would save us time from having to edit due dates on Tasks at a later time, and also alert my co-workers immediately that those dates are not available so they can plan around it.

• Reviewed on 4/04/2019
Geovanna V.
Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/04/2020

"The best for project & team coordination"

Comments: All my projects are organized and IÔÇÖm able to keep a track of them, also, in Asana you can assign tasks and select a date for follow ups, I use the comments all the time and since we can assign team members, itÔÇÖs great for internal communication.

Pros: How easy is to organize the tabs, assign new projects, team members, select date for project follow up, there is also an option to add comments on every project (my favorite feature) this has helped my team to have a better track and communication on every project!

Cons: At first is a little bit tricky to understand how it works, I feel like there should be a section where they can show all the great features that they have, since there are so many.

• Reviewed on 2/04/2020
Mark F.
Administrator
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2018

"The Free Version Fits Us Great"

Comments: I'm the administrator of my church and thus have people that I need to share to-do lists with to see things get done. I'm paid staff but work with volunteers, so software is the best way to stay in contact with each other. Asana has helped me keep projects organized so everyone can see what everyone else is doing, has done, and has yet to do.

Pros: I love the recurring task feature! I have weekly duties that I need to accomplish every week, so having to put those in every single week would be very tedious! But with Asana, I just set the task to recurring, select the frequency of it, and I'm done! I also enjoy the project folders that are shareable if I choose. I have a specific project folder that's only my recurring list, one for actionable items that come up in staff meetings, one for miscellaneous tasks, and 2-5 others, depending on the open projects we're working on.

Cons: It's a small annoyance more than a con of the software, but I've had a team member tell me that he will sometimes receive his email notifying him of a task I've assigned to him many hours after I actually assigned it to him. I'm not sure if that was Asana's fault, or the fault of his email provider, but it's annoying when that happens. In another task manager app I used for a while, there was an option with a slider to gauge the progress of a task by percentage. So if I was half done with something, I could move the slider to 50% completed. I'm bummed that Asana doesn't have something similar.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2018
Paul N.
ITO
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2020

"Very clear and efficient Project Management"

Comments: I have used Asana for a few years now. It has been really useful for tracking the development of our internal software.

Pros: It very intuitive to use and the timeline is a particularly helpful tool for organizing the project.

Cons: There are few minor oddities like a blank task gets created automatically.
It is one of the most expensive in the market.

Sama A.
Director, Product Development
Airlines/Aviation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Easy to use, multipurpose"

Comments: It's useful for our audit purposes to track; good for agile. Multi-purpose too can be used for sales, operations, admin and project boards.

Pros: We use it for our agile product log, great and easily customized. The free feature is unlike most other software, very comprehensive and includes key features. I plan to upgrade as soon as our team grows. You can manage multiple boards at once.

Cons: The feature to track per user the tasks closed and speed is not as good as jira, would be good to have a plugin for agile specifically for sizing cards.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2020
Brian D.
Managing Principal
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

"Asana is amazing"

Comments: My overall experience is great. Asana has made many improvements that I think were necessary over the last 2 years. Now it's a great PM system and it's allowed me an my team to work remotely with great oversight.

Pros: What is impressive about Asana is it's versatility. It's simple and easy to use but as you learn more it has a lot of horsepower. It's great that there are monthly updates to the software, great learning modules in the Asana Academy and I'm super excited about the Future of Asana meeting next month.

Cons: I don't like that the reports are very limited. Seems like you need to use the API to really get the most out of it. Also the integration with Gmail only works ok, they could polish it better.

Robert B.
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Powerful project management at a great value"

Comments: Very easy to use. Great product at a great price. Many users will be able to get by with the free version for a long time.

Pros: Recurring tasks really sealed the deal for me, but it's also got a great calendar view and plenty of features to keep my various projects organized and on schedule

Cons: A little hard to follow a tasks history as it recurs since comments get dropped with each recurrence. I hacked it by putting comments in the task description so they persist.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Audrey R.
Manager of Design, Teaching and Learning with Technology
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2018

"Flexible, full-featured Project Management tool"

Comments: As a team, we are much better using this tool than using a ticket-tracking program like Jira. The UI is cleaner and simpler and does pretty much everything we need it to do.

Pros: My team uses Asana for project task tracking and assigning. Sometimes it's a place to capture ideas, formal tasks, meeting notes, have a roadmap with connected projects... we even have a page for on-boarding. It is super easy to get started, but has so many great features that take time to learn the ins and outs of how to use best. I love the nested tasks and ability to create sections. I like being able to assign a lead to any given task, which helps to provide ownership and accountability. The timeline view is also handy when trying to show the long game to a stakeholder. Being able to add files is also handy in having a single place to put something that might be related. All of it culminates in being a project management tool that can be as flexible as you want, as rigid or as informal, while allowing for communication on a task, project, or a general status level. There's also Slack integration, which makes it even easier to remember all the things when using two tools. I'm sure there are still tons of things I can learn and optimize and, honestly, I'm excited to do so!

Cons: Occasionally I do want to assign two people to a task, so that there is backup when someone is away.

• Reviewed on 11/10/2018