• Overall
    4.3/5

About Teamwork

Teamwork creates work management applications for teams of all sizes & industries, so you can be more efficient, organized & happy.

Learn more about Teamwork

Christopher J.
Digital Demand Generation Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2018

"My favorite project management tool"

Comments: I used this for over 2 years and loved how easy it made it to manage projects at work. It was easy, at a glance, to see exactly what I needed to do for that day and what I had coming up. Overall, it was a wonderful experience

Pros: Teamwork Projects had a number of amazing features that took it above and beyond other tools like this. The way projects were setup was incredible. You initially setup the project, then the milestones and then tasks against each milestone. Each task can be broken up into sub-tasks which will automatically create a dependency for the parent tasks. However, you can also set a dependency between tasks too. If you have a series of repeating tasks you can actually create these as a template so you can quickly add this list to a project. When you add this list you get to set the assignments and dates which allows it to be customized to each project. The collaboration is another feature that is top notch. Comments will automatically be sent via email but Teamwork takes it a step further. You can respond to these emails with specific replies that allow you to manage tasks (such as create new ones, add hours to them or even close/complete a task). Teamwork also has a chat platform built in. This platform allows you to manage tasks as well. Finally, Teamwork Projects also seamlessly integrates with a number of 3rd-party platforms (like Google Drive or Slack) to make your life easier.

Cons: The initial setup and learning curve can be a little steep. The other thing that can quickly be a problem is the amount of space you have available. If you are uploading a number of files for each project that space quickly fills up. It is minor but an extra thing you have to manage.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2018
COO
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2020

"Teamwork Helps with Project Management and Keep Us on Track"

Comments: Overall the product is great! It integrates with our time software where we invoice our clients pretty seamlessly. The setup does take a while but once you have everything setup correctly you can easily manage the time of each of your employees and each project. It is great to keep everything all in one place for each and every project.

Pros: I like the fact that each project has so many ways to add information to each account. There is an overview tab where you can see the overall health of the project from one screen, and tabs where you can add Tasks, Milestones, Messages, Files, Notes, Links and even Comments for each project in the system.

Cons: It takes a very long time to get everything setup. There is so much to learn about the setup of the product and the free trial is not long enough to set up everything correctly from start to finish.

by Teamwork.com on 2/03/2020

Hi there,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork. Our product team will be delighted to hear the feedback - 5 stars all round!

On-boarding issues? We have this covered! We just released on-boarding templates so now we have a sample project within the trial setup, based on what works best for your business.

If you should ever need assistance, our Super Support team are on hand 24/7 for any and all issues! You can catch them at [email protected] :)

Have a nice day,

• Reviewed on 11/02/2020
Alson K.
Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 8/06/2020

"A daily requirement for agency function"

Comments: Overall, teamwork has been a great app to use. The design is nice and I don't feel ashamed introducing our clients onboard and use it as a ticketing app as well.

Pros: The application has a built-in timelogging that has made client billing so much easier. It is like Jira combined with time logging and invoicing.

Cons: The app has a steep learning curve much like JIRA, but once you have the proper workflow going on. It is actually quite intuitive to use. We let our clients register an account with us to file tickets, however all the comments are visible to them, so we have to re-create the ticket in an internal project to allow our devs to look into and work on it without the client seeing all the work that is happening in the backend. It would be great if every single external project has an internal tab to allow duplicating or even linking the task to the internal project.

• Reviewed on 8/06/2020
Daniel L.
Development Manager
Construction, 2-10 Employees

"Much to improve on"

Comments: Teamwork more pretty than functional. Teamwork claims to be a 'project management' tool, but it lacks many fundamental PM features, and it's clumsy. Areas needing improvement: - One of the most important tools for project management are gantt charts. Teamwork's gantt chart is one of the worst I've seen compared to other PM software/apps. I will try to break it down:
1. The default view for task planning should be gantt view, not task list view. It's a project with many moving parts, you should be forced to at the same time creating your task, be able to see and visualize how and when it will fit in within the rest of the project.
2. In Gantt chart view, the gantt chart needs to show start/finish dates in 2 columns on the left side beside all the tasks. So from left to right it should look like this: task, start date, finish date, gantt chart. Every traditional PM software has this basic layout, it's fundamental. A simple tool like Smartsheet.com is far more basic, yet superior in this.
3. Printing gantt charts is clumsy and difficult. Everyone prints gantt charts on A3 or A2 to discuss over in meetings. Printing gantt charts in Teamwork is so clumsy, it's as though I simply took screenshot of whatever is on my screen and printed it. And often when i try to print in A3, it simply prints and A4 sized chart in the middle of an A3 page, leaving heaps of white space around the outside. You need to design the printing option so that it prints a beautifully presented gantt nicely on one page that fills the whole page.
4. The file management in teamwork is perhaps the WORST feature. It is extremely clumsy. Firstly you can't drag and drop folders to rejig folder structure, you need to manually do this and 'nest' them here and there, where you want it. It's so laborious. Furthermore, if i start uploading lets say 10 files into one folder, and i start navigating to other folders while my files upload, the uploaded files start being uploaded into all the folders I am navigating i.e. they don't all upload to the folder I initially dragged them into. So then I end up with 10 files randomly spread over all these folders and have no idea which ones they were saved into because these folders already have many files in them, and it just becomes an absolute nightmare to try and find them and move them back to the correct folder they were meant to be saved into in the first place. This is EXTREMELY frustrating.
I have run out of

Pros: It looks pretty and modern, but to be honest, so do all the new apps and websites these days.

Cons: It is extremely laborious and time consuming to add tasks, set start and finish dates, and assign the task to people. Too much requirement to use the mouse pointer to select these. It should be just really basic where you can 'tab across' to the next thing. e.g.
type in task *tab* start typing who the task is assigned to and it picks up the name *tab* enter start date *tab* enter end date *tab* <-- notice I didn't need to use my clumsy mouse at all during this process. using the mouse is slow, you need to allow us to have shortcuts that minimises the need to use the mouse.

by Teamwork.com on 11/04/2017

Hi Daniel,

Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it and give us your feedback. I've passed on all of your suggestions to the team here for their consideration. Hopefully we'll be able to implement your ideas soon.

Best regards,

Justin H.
Director, Center for Teaching & Learning
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 7/04/2020

"Teamwork Projects!"

Comments: Teamwork Projects has provided an easy to use and effective platform for collaborating across departments to deliver high quality projects in a timely fashion.

Pros: Teamwork Projects provides a simple and easy to use yet powerful tool. Collaborative features and analytics in particular round out a very solid offering among project management software. Teamwork Projects strikes a wonderful balance between feature set and usability across teams.

Cons: I can't think of too much of a drawback - ease of use becomes very important when working on teams that may not all be up to speed with web-based collaboration, and that's where this product shines.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 7/04/2020
Stacie D.
Technical director
  • Reviewed on 5/11/2019

"Incredibly detailed project management software"

Comments: I used Teamwork at a larger agency I worked with before (13ish employees) so when I opened my own business I decided to use it again for myself and my co-founder. I find the email reminders particularly helpful so I don't have to pester my co-founder to get her tasks done on time. She was really impressed to see how I could create a task list and assign estimates to it so she could draft up a proposal knowing exactly how long it would take me to get a project done.

Pros: The ability to create subtasks, apply time estimates, set percentages on task completion, back-and-forth commenting area on tasks, ability to set milestones, the 'Everything' view to see what tasks are assigned to you, email reminders for upcoming or past due dates - they really thought about EVERY detail of managing a software or web related project.

Cons: I can imagine it being overwhelming for someone to get started with. I've been using it for years so I'm grown accustomed to it now, but you might want to watch a training video or have someone walk you through all the features, even if you only end up using a few of them.

by Teamwork.com on 6/11/2019

Hi Stacie,

Thanks for leaving us a review of Teamwork Projects. I'm delighted to see that you have enjoyed our software and that it has helped by improving the way you work!

Onboarding to any new software can be quite daunting but we are working on some new and exciting ways to help with this! Our resource centre on our website is full of tips and tricks, alongside our knowledge filled support team! You'll find them at [email protected]

Nancy at Teamwork

• Reviewed on 5/11/2019
Marketing Director
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2019

"Great Project Management Software"

Comments: Great software, really user-friendly, able to make custom to our needs

Pros: It is very flexible to use, we were able to add an OKR system so that it would work for our company.

Cons: Too many places for comments. We tend to lose comments, not a huge thing because of the emails, but we do lose them in the system, usually these are new employees that haven't or forgot their training

by Teamwork.com on 17/10/2019

Hi there,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork Projects! I'm glad that you find the software flexible and user-friendly!

Commenting issues, hmmmm... That's sounds like a job for our support team! Could you forward them over an email at [email protected] to see if they can help you out with this issue?

Hope you're having a great day!

• Reviewed on 15/10/2019
Katie C.
Digital Services Director
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2019

"At TImes Complicated, But a Powerful Project Management Software"

Comments: Teamwork is a poweful project management software that really means business. It can take a little getting used to, but once you have it mastered, it's great. Being able to connect to Google Drive is helpful for sharing documents. Additionally, the desktop app is amazingly functional, which is rare with software.

Pros: The organization of data, being able to collaborate, implemented chat/ticket submission, Google Drive integration.

Cons: Sometimes, this software can seem complicated to use. This is nothing a little bit of training and consistent use can't help, but worth noting.

by Teamwork.com on 8/08/2019

Hey there Katie,

Thanks for getting in touch and leaving us some feedback on Teamwork Projects! It was great to hear that we have helped you with organisation and collaboration - that seems to be a #win for both you and us here at Teamwork.

Leaving curves aren't always nice or easy, however, we have put a number of resources into this to help with the process. Our webinars are run daily, alongside multiple on-demand webinars, which will help with any on-boarding and initial learning of the software.

In addition to this, our support team are available 24/7 to suit all timezones and work schedules. They can give you demos on the software or answer any feature related questions! Just pop them an email over at [email protected] - they are a fantastic bunch, I promise!

• Reviewed on 26/07/2019
Daniel N.
Senior Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 7/10/2019

"Excellent beginner PM SaaS product"

Comments: I had never used a project management system like this before, and it was a good introduction in how to better organize tasks and team members in a timely manner.

Pros: It helped me organize the project tasks and learn how to use a Gantt chart with dependencies. Support was very quick and helpful

Cons: It could use some better client-facing reporting options, in a case where user would like to share the project progress with the client. Seems mostly tailored to internal company use.

by Teamwork.com on 10/10/2019

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. I'm delighted to hear that it has helped with your organisation and time keeping!

With regards to reporting, we have it covered! It is currently in the progress of being built by our Projects team, have a look at the roadmap here for yourself! - https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap?product=projects.

If you ever have any issues, our 'very quick and helpful' support staff are on hand 24/7 to give you any assistance needed! They are a great bunch, but we may be slightly biased!

Hope you have a nice day!

• Reviewed on 7/10/2019
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/09/2019

"Best project management software"

Comments: Excellent for collaborations that involve​​ outside entities, the features and functionalities allow us to be completely​ transparent with other companies and clients.

Pros: Teamwork has a lot of excellent features that other project management software​ do not offer such as risk assessment, billing, gantt charts, and other functionalities essential to our projects.

Cons: The price is a little steep, they charge per user but they do not charge extra for view-only users which is great for us when we want to allow clients to view the status of projects.

by Teamwork.com on 10/09/2019

Hi there,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. Our development team were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the extensive features of the product!

The view-only users can be very handy for outside collaborators. We completely agree!

If you ever have any issues, our lovely support team are on hand to help out however possible! Drop them an email over at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 7/09/2019
Adam J.
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2019

"We tried everything - And love Teamwork Projects"

Comments: We tried literally everything we could find in the market place for Project management software. We switched from Basecamp originally and the big push for us was the TimeTracking with tasks that could be brought into invoices. I know Freshbooks has that feature too, but freshbooks doesn't have project management in the way that we needed that total collaboration environment. We looked at Monday.com too recently but since we have full buy-in on Teamwork I don't think we are in a place to switch and a lot of the features and pricing just don't make sense. That is where I think Teamwork has really cornered the niche well in terms of pricing and features.

Pros: Gantt charts
Tasks
Task Creation
Inviting Clients into the space
TIME TRACKING!

Cons: User interface was updated but could be better, especially when compared to Monday.com

by Teamwork.com on 11/11/2019

Hey Adam,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Teamwork Projects! Five stars and a 10/10?! All our Monday morning dreams are coming true!

We are delighted that you are enjoying the software, and that it has filled that gap in your Marketing Stack! We also love the time tracking features, it was an important one for us to get right - we are glad that you agree!

Another great thing about Teamwork is our support team - should anything ever come up in your use of the software! They are coffee fuelled problem solvers - what a fantastic combination! You'll find them over at [email protected]

Have a great day!

• Reviewed on 10/11/2019
Tigran K.
Digital Marketing Specialist
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2019

"Perfect for Managing and Keeping Track of Work"

Comments: My overall experience was very positive with Teamwork Projects. Every time I have the freedom to choose ​software for managing my work I choose Teamwork.

Pros: Teamwork is the all-in-one software for managing projects. I've used Projects in several workplaces and was very pleased in all cases. It offers all the essential task tracking features and also has a ​Trello-like board view. The built-in time tracker was especially useful to keep track of the time spent on each task. Teamwork even offers a client for the timer that can stay above all your windows so that you don't forget starting or stopping the timer.

Cons: The only con for Teamwork Projects is that it can be hard to navigate around at first. While the UI is perfectly easy-to-use, the existence of many features makes getting lost in the UI very easy when you're new to it. To some people, the UI is intimidating at first glance. Convincing those people to get on board was the challenging part of making the software a default project management tool in the company.

by Teamwork.com on 15/10/2019

Hi Tigran,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork Projects! I'm glad to hear that you found the software pleasing and useful!

Onboarding and UI intimidation issues - got ya! I've just spoken with our Projects Product Manager, Mossy, and he wants to hear more from you! We are currently working on making this experience better, and would love if you could help! Would you mind emailing in to [email protected] with the subject header of 'Re:Capterra Review: Onboarding feedback' and I'll pick it up from there.

Overall, we are delighted that you chose Teamwork over all others! If you ever have any issues, or want to share some #TeamworkLove, reach out to us via [email protected]! Our support team are insanely talented... or so they tell me anyway!!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• Reviewed on 13/10/2019
Vinicius A.
Designer
  • Reviewed on 2/09/2019

"Organized work"

Comments: We used several other task managers before, but no one in the team became adapted. I had a great first impression of Teamwork, compared to others it has a interface much more inviting and enjoyable to use. And in 6 months of use we can see that they are continually making improvements. We are happy with this choice and using it daily.

Pros: A quite complete task editing, can add tasks and subtasks, estimate time, billing, responsibles, and a lot other important and nice stuff. But what was really important for our team is the maintenance and display of time in the information of each task, the application generates a table, with the start and end time, and counts the total time invested. This feature is activated with a play/pause button; after a project for example, the user can display a report with all tasks done and the time accounted for each one of them, as well as the total assigned.

Cons: The home screen has a dashboard, although I didn't see much value in it, as you need to record every detail of each job for some minimally useful information. Like other tasks managers, it doesn't do everything I need, and I end up using other applications. It has a desktop timer app that is completely different from the platform design, it looks like from another product. I did not use it because I always have Teamwork open in the browser, and there each task has its own counter.

by Teamwork.com on 4/09/2019

Hi Vinicius,

Thank you for the review of Teamwork Projects. It's great to hear that our software met your needs over others. We have worked hard to bring you the best features possible.

Our timing and task counters have become quite the feature in our software! We are sorry to hear that you need other applications for some needs. If there is anything in particular needed, you could always forward us a Feature Request over at [email protected] and our Customer Champions will have a look to see if it could be built into the product!

• Reviewed on 2/09/2019
  • Reviewed on 4/08/2019

"Teamwork is an affordable and robust project management software tool"

Comments: Teamwork Projects has a lot going for it. They are constantly adding features and options that make it more user friendly, and address a lot of small business needs where many other project management software apps just focus on the project aspect, and neglect the money and expenses. Our only gripe is that they don't have a better invoicing system so we could run even more of our business with one application.

Pros: I was surprised at how much you get for the price with Teamwork out of the box. It has built in time tracking, an extensive notifications system that let's you choose how often you want to receive updates and what you want to receive them about, and a great thing is bulk edit of tasks.

Cons: The invoicing system is too basic. You can create an invoice and add expenses, however, there are not a lot of options here. Also, the API doesn't allow for you to go in and do too much which is something that would really appeal to our team of developers.

by Teamwork.com on 8/08/2019

Hi there,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the features of the software, and that it has helped with your organisation.

Invoicing system issues - we've got you! I've passed this feedback over to our Projects Champion, Julie, who will have a look into this request for you! Can you email us over at [email protected] with more details on the feature request?

• Reviewed on 4/08/2019
Eric L.
Operations Manager
Publishing, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2019

"More than Project Management"

Comments: I've loved communicating with customer service at Teamwork from day 1. They're super-response—like, they're so quick to answer questions and offer help. We often use Teamwork Project in ways that aren't traditionally "project management projects," and so I've had to ask the support team at Teamwork how I might utilize the functionality to get the desired end results. And you know what? They've come back with solutions more often than not, even taking the time to prepare a demo that we'd web conference through.

Pros: • Teamwork is always innovating and releasing new features/functionality. And they are great at publicizing the new features/functionality, allowing you to beta test, and all the while it doesn't screw up the work you've been doing.
• It's cloud-based.
• It's packed full of things you'll likely never use, but because there's so much stuff, the core of what you use it for is that much better.
• The design is elegant.

Cons: • The exported reporting functionality isn't always as attractive as I'd like, but that may have changed since I last used it. Our team does use import/export for the management of tasks, and that's been a godsend for many of our projects. So, really, not too much to dislike.

by Teamwork.com on 18/07/2019

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the feedback on Teamwork Projects! We were so happy to see a 10/10 score from you - we agree, but might be slightly biased!

Features, features, and more features! Our team like to keep busy and innovative to bring our customers the best possible product, so we are glad to see that you like them!

Great news Eric, we are working on improvements for the export feature so bare with us and it will be better than ever before!

As a final note, thank you for the feedback for our amazing support team! We couldn't agree more, they are a fantastic bunch - and now are available 24/7! I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to the team!

• Reviewed on 27/06/2019
Philip T.
Director of Informatics and Technology
Higher Education, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/06/2019

"Enough structure to encourage good project management practices "

Comments: Our overall experience is very positive. We have used it on website design and development and web application projects. In both cases team members are documenting and managing their work more effectively. There are still features we haven't got around to using, but that is always a challenge when you are adopting a new product. You need to balance the need to document and track with operational demands.

Pros: On that spectrum of project management products with collaboration tools at one end and products for managing large enterprise projects at the other, this product fits somewhere in the middle. It has more structure than products like Asana or Trello (we have used both of these), but is still very flexible, allowing you to organize your projects and tasks using categories, portfolios and tags. Powerful filtering extracts the specific tasks you need for reporting purposes. Milestones, estimates, risks, comments and other features allow you to keep everything in one place, if you wish to. The API allows us to submit tagged client requests directly into the product, which is very useful.

Cons: Occasional feature updates can modify the user experience, but that is true of all cloud-based SaaS products. There is really nothing negative I can think of.

by Teamwork.com on 20/06/2019

Hi there Philip,

Thank you for the feedback on Teamwork Projects. Our team loved hearing that Teamwork Projects has given you more structure in your work but still remaining flexible in use.

We do understand your note on the feature updates. We try to keep disruption to a minimum, but your satisfaction is always our main aim!

Make sure to stay in touch with us on [email protected] if you ever have any issues or would like to submit a feature request, or just want to share the #teamworklove with the team.

Nancy at Teamwork

• Reviewed on 4/06/2019
Josh O.
Co-Founder | Digital Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2018

"Very Robust Project Management Platform"

Pros: We've used TeamWork for years and it's great in many ways. First, it's our living To-Do list where all tasks can be organized by project, goal, team, etc across the company. Everyone can comment and communicate through the task threads (which sync to email). The ability to chain tasks together is one of the best features (and at times has been the main reason we didn't switch to other platforms). When Task A is checked off, it notifies via email the person in charge of the next task in the chain. This keeps work moving, and that's the biggest help. It also connects to Drive to store relevant files alongside tasks and logs team time for billing. You can give limited view access to clients if you need to.

Cons: I would say that the main downfall is that I can't accurately predict my team's workload week to week. The tasks can be chained together and given start/end dates, etc but when it comes to how all those assignments and their estimated times apply to my employees' work week, there's very little functionality to forecast this. I would love to be able to drag a task that is estimated for 2 hours to an employee's calendar and stack these up to see how their week fills up. Can't do anything like that. Best they have is a blanket 'workload' view that shows how many estimated hours are calculated for tasks that start or end in a given week. But when you have 30 projects and 100s of tasks floating around, it gets cumbersome to organize everyone's efforts. TL;DR : Great for planning project tasks/deliverables, but not so much for managing staff schedules/workload. There aren't many options for learning how best to use the program, actually, which is frustrating for a small startup just figuring things out. Their training videos are basic and support pros don't really help you customize the tool to fit your unique business organization needs. They refer you to third party professionals for consulting on that front. I've had to hunt down how-to's and advice elsewhere. That said, their tech support tickets are usually addressed fairly quickly, but I've gotten the same message reply many times "Yes that's a great feature, but we don't offer it yet." Also, my personal pet peeve about TeamWork PM, is the mobile app sucks. The desktop interface is great (plenty of drag and drop ease of use) but the mobile version is clunky and much less organized or helpful in terms of viewing my team's workload and task sorting.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2018
Vernessa T.
Freelance Writer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2018

"TeamWork Projects Incorporates Project Notebooks, Customer Portal and OS-Agnostic Desktop Timer"

Comments: Overall, TeamWork (formerly TeamworkPM) is worth the monthly or annual fee. I've used TeamWork for more than 8 years and while I don't have a need to use it daily, I go to it for special projects and when I need a different kind of project control than I get with Apptivo. The interface is pretty, with soothing colors. The TeamWork crew creates excellent help documentation that's easily found in a comprehensive knowledgebase, they now have some full-fledged free online courses, and they included a customer support and feedback system within the dashboard. And then there's this: Transparency via a visual roadmap and update system on the TeamWork website that actually gets updated on a regular basis. Yes, I like skipping over to the website to see what are the latest fixes and what goodies they're planning.

Pros: Whiteboards are great but even the developers of TeamWork Projects (formerly TeamworkPM) were tired of trying to make them do the work of a real project management system. That's how I came across TeamWork Projects 8 years ago -- tossing aside the whiteboards and comparing online project management applications. TeamWork ultimately rose to the top because it either includes features I felt were must-haves or they had those features on the roadmap to deal with in the near future. TeamWork has task-level time-tracking and incorporates a desktop timer that I use on both my Windows and Linux versions computers. TeamWork was one of the few online project management applications that incorporated a file manager early on AND had the foresight to include it in the permissions system (important so all stakeholders have access to the files they need). I've used it for mock-ups, contract change-orders, and project photos. There is a project notebook system that is far superior to a so-called project wiki found in other project managers. I use it to keep notes, format them to look like real documents (not just a bunch of text notes), and export out in a format that is useful to project owners and clients. This was important enough that it would have been a dealbreaker if it wasn't included: the means to allow stakeholders (especially clients) to log in to see progress on their projects, participate in project-specific discussions, and access project-related files.

Cons: TeamWork's free tier is less generous than some of the other highly rated project management apps. Keeping up with the times, they've lately added a Kanban view (but it costs extra). But why the boards view is an add-on instead of integrated into the main projects beats me and makes me call this a welcome feature that is also a CON. Although TeamView has native integrations for GMail, HubSpot, and Harvest, I think it relies too much on its (well-developed and well-documented API) for integrations with the majority of the world of business applications. Of course, there are hundreds of Zapier workarounds. Still, I think TeamWork is strong enough to have better integration and less cobbled recipes.

• Reviewed on 12/08/2018
Matthew G.
Owner, Founder
  • Reviewed on 3/01/2018

"Couldn't live without this product to manage my business"

Comments: Couldn't live without it to manage my daily business workflow. I couldn't be so precise with my time tracking either, which is important for billing my clients. I usually work solo, but recently have hired additional help. The collaboration tools are awesome. I also use Teamwork Desk to create a slick support system with help from other reps. I'm a small operation, but look darn professional.

Pros: Helps me manage all aspects of my business from workflow, to billing. Seriously, it's such a valuable part of my daily workflow, that there hasn't been a day that I haven't used it when working. Also, recently I wasn't super pleased with a couple of the changes to the timer, which is very important to my billing workflow. I make suggestions to support. They listened and updated the timer! It's a complete package. I know there are other options, but honestly, I'm not sure they're as complete. Oh, and they sent me some sweet holiday swag! I wish I could post pictures of me wearing it!!

Cons: The ONLY aspect that I am not the enamored by, are some of the "improvements" they push out in the spirit of improvements. All SASS products go through a similar life cycle. For example, the UI may not have been super sexy but I liked the ease of use of the task filters. It was basic, simple. They updated it, and imho, make it's less open and the UI isn't as friendly. The flip side to that is, they do listen when you submit feedback. In some cases going as far as modifying the product based on your feedback. For example, as stated above, they updated the task timer and it wasn't functional. It was a hot mess. BUT they modified it based on my feedback and now it rocks. Thanks guys for listening.

by Teamwork.com on 8/01/2018

Hey Matthew,

Thank you for your detailed review of Teamwork Projects.

Glad to hear you couldn't live without out products!

Regards,
Deborah

• Reviewed on 3/01/2018
Manager of Information Technology
Mental Health Care
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2017

"Overall Teamwork is very easy to use. A lot of features and options to easily manage projects."

Pros: Teamwork provides many features to help manage your project from start to finish. The features are robust and offer flexibility along the way. It's very easy to add users, assign permissions, and assign tasks. To get started, Teamwork offers an easy way to import tasks from an Excel spreadsheet. The feature I like best is email communication tracking. When you add a comment to a task and send it to the assigned resources, all email responses are automatically captured on the same task. This helps prevent key decisions or conversations from being lost in off line email threads. For larger projects the Overview (dashboard) is very nice. At a glance, you get a quick overview of the project status and who tasks are assigned to. Additionally, you can drill into most Overview items to get additional information. For example, if you click on Late Tasks, you get a list of all tasks past their assigned due date and the assigned resource.

Cons: Teamwork lacks a few features that would make it easier to use.
- It's difficult to move individual tasks in mass to a new Task List or Sub-Task group. Tasks must be moved individually because you can't select multiple tasks at once. If you have a lot of tasks to move it can be tedious.
- Project reporting capabilities are adequate but not overly robust. Most of the built-in project inquiry features are very good so reporting is not necessary unless you need to produce a report in a PDF format to email. When creating a report, you have pretty good control over what type of tasks are included but what is missing is the ability to select which columns you want or don't want. Additionally, you can't save a report filtering options for future use. You have to reselect your options every time you want to run the same report.

by Teamwork.com on 26/01/2018

Hi there,

Thank you for your detailed review of Teamwork Projects.

Great to hear that Teamwork Projects is essential to your team to track your projects and much more.

We offer free daily live webinars, by joining our webinars you will learn how to use specific features, find out about Teamwork best practice and hear about new updates. Feel free to join these at anytime, this will also be useful if you are training a new user to use Teamwork Projects https://www.teamwork.com/webinars.

Kind Regards,
Deborah

• Reviewed on 27/12/2017
Brett G.
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2017

"Productivity in full effect"

Pros: Teamwork is great for not only a team of people, but for the individual user as well. I run a small accounting business and I'm my only employee. Teamwork allows me to set up tasks and projects that are both one-off tasks and regularly reoccurring tasks. As I check off the tasks that need to be done today, I can look forward to the rest of the week and get a good reminder of what is coming up. It also allows me to invite clients into the tasks so they can see the status of where I am at in a project we have agreed upon. They can upload documents, make comments. I can use a basic time-tracking tool to make sure I'm not estimating my time spent incorrectly. The extra time I have to spend upfront to get the tasks and templates created is well worth the time when a new client comes along. I don't have to recreate the wheel, or think extra hard at remember what I did last time. I can simply apply a template of tasks for any given project that is needed and we are set and rolling! This is one of the best tools I've discovered for running my practice.

Cons: For tasks that are set as reoccurring, their display of the tasks isn't the best. I click the task as complete and it immediately populates the next instance of that task right below the one I completed. I have to pay special attention to the tasks for this reason when checking stuff off. I have often checked the next month's task off after clearing the current one. When I uncheck the following month's task as actually not completed, it does not remember the future events that were created, thus making my task list look much larger than it actually is.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2017
Jessica D.
Product Development & Project Management
Online Media, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2017

"Ease to Use and Continually Evolving "

Comments: It allowed me to manage multiple large projects at 1 time and collaborate with employees that were not heavy users. The ability to have tasks reoccurr and launch new projects from templates freed up staff to focus on other important areas of The business. The same account was used to manage multi service clients efficiently, especially with remote staff. The flexibility of privacy setting truly allowed for complete communication tracking without requiring communications being omitted to ensure a client didn't see it. As an administrator, I am able to take over a user account to manage every aspect of their account. Administrators can limit a users project view to only their assignments, which prevented a user from feeling overwhelmed. The system is very flexible. Like many other PM systems, outlining how the users are expected to interact with the system is critical. Doing this, allowed me to migrate projects from Central Desktop to Teamwork in a week.

Pros: The UI is simple to understand, the number of efficient features is phenomenal and integrations with enterprise systems like Salesforce are easy to complete.

Cons: There are some small nuances of the search could be better, project specific calendars would be a huge asset and allowing an entire project to be imported by csv would be incredible.

by Teamwork.com on 11/09/2017

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your review.

Great to hear that you are having a positive experience with a number of our features and with the simplicity of setting up integrations.

We will add the search capabilities and project specific calendars to our feature request list, have a look at our roadmap for upcoming features and developments.

In relation to importing a full project by csv, the following video will show you how to do so using an Excel file https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzGX7yh-4C4

Feel free to get in touch with us at [email protected] if you need.

Wes

• Reviewed on 10/09/2017
Mckay S.
Consultant
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/07/2017

"Teamwork Makes Managing My Teams Easy. If 5 Employees Save One Minute Per Day, I Get My Money Back"

Comments: It makes collaboration from many remote team members really easy. Nothing is forgotten and all communication is centralized in one place.

Pros: It is really easy to add tasks quickly using the "quick add" feature. I also think that the organization works really well. The software is organized by Projects, Milestones, Task Lists, and Tasks. These help you really think through and plan what you are doing. Milestones force you to actually have a plan for your projects and not just go about doing day to day tasks. You can comment on almost anything. We noticed after using Teamwork that it didn't make much difference if you were in the office or remote because the collaboration is so quick and easy. For example, if you comment on a task, you can have the comment sent to someone's email. The person who receives it can just reply to the email and the response is saved as a comment in the task! This means that all those conversations are right there for anyone working on it to reference. No more tracking down email strings. It is really easy to look back and see how much time you have been spending on a client. The time tracking features are also very good. You can see very customized time reports and the workload report, which gives you a forecast of the workload for future time periods. This helps you assign out work. Teamwork support is also top-knotch and very responsive.

Cons: I think they could offer to let you have 4 projects at a time instead of just two in the free version. It can be difficult to take advantage of all the features of Teamwork because it is so robust and has a lot of features.

by Teamwork.com on 27/07/2017

Hi McKay,

Thank you for your review.

Great to hear about the positive impact Teamwork Projects is having for you and your team.

The collaboration and tracking within Teamwork Projects makes it a powerful tool, not to mention all the other features.

Wes

• Reviewed on 7/07/2017
Christina P.
UX Designer
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2017

"This product has made my life so much easier"

Comments: I am a big fan of Teamwork Projects! I am a UX designer and I had a problem in my company where all of my research files, notes, recordings, ideas, etc. were stored in a number of different places and I needed a way of keeping this information in a single place with the easy ability for other people to see it and to easily search and find what I need. Before Teamwork I would spend ages trying to track down files that I knew existed somewhere, or wanting other people to look at files that turned out to be saved on my local machine. Since discovering Teamwork all of that has changed. It has such a clean and easy UI that makes it very easy to organise my work. The search functionality is great, and the licensing does not charge per user so I can give everyone from my company a login if they want. On top of that, Teamwork has a whole bunch of features that I didn't realise I needed until I used them, and now I could not live without them. Within each project I can attach files, I can forward emails straight into the messages section, I can add a list of tasks and check them off once complete, I can record deadlines and time worked on a project, and I can record any risks the project has with severity levels and impacts. I can even setup people from outside of my company and give them limited access to certain files. Teamwork has amazing capabilities whilst being simple and easy to use. I really cannot recommend it enough. And at such a reasonable price for licenses I would struggle to find an equivalent competitor out there. I have only given it 4/5 stars for features and functionality purely because there is one extra feature I would love to see (if I could have done 4.5 I would have but alas it does not allow half stars on this site). The only thing that is stopping the rest of my company from logging in and looking at all my files is that they need to remember another login. If they could add single sign on and allow it to integrate to other systems we use (such as the atlassian products) then I would be able to get many more people in my company using it.

Pros: I love how easy to use it is!! I can gather many different file types (including emails) in one location, and I know exactly where to go to find them later. On the off-chance you cannot find something, the search functionality is great. I spend most of my time either adding files, messages, notebooks or links. I don't often use the time or billing sections, but I can see how they would be useful to other people.

Cons: The only thing I would like to see improved/changed is I would like the ability to have single sign on with some other common tools, such as the atlassian suite. If people in my company did not have to have ANOTHER login to another product then so many more people would use it.

by Teamwork.com on 12/04/2017

Hi Christina,

Thanks so much for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. I've passed on your feedback with the rest of the team here and we're all delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Projects. You'll be glad to hear that single sign on is really close to being released. So your team will be able to use it very shortly .

Thanks again for the great review. If you'd be interested in working on a case study with us just shoot us a message to [email protected]

• Reviewed on 30/03/2017
Erin B.
Lead Program Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2017

"Overall good experience on Teamwork"

Comments: Teamwork has been incredibly helpful to us. One thing about our company is we work in segments, so we have about 20 "categories" of Projects, yet we can't do anything around those categories. I would like to view things with the Project Category as the filter. Milestones for a specific category of projects, tasks for a specific category of projects, add new or existing users to a specific category of projects. This would make our interaction with Teamwork incredibly more useful. I appreciate all the work that has come out over the summer to update the code base making it easier to add new features. And I have been excited about a lot of the features coming out. I would love to see a more robust JIRA integration (rather than just Zapier) since our company uses JIRA on the product/dev side and Teamwork on the operational/project management side.

Pros: How customizable it is by project and within a project. The ability to set permissions and privacy on almost anything in a project.

Cons: Adding users to specific projects at a mass project level is not easy. I would like to be able to both add users and filter items (milestones, task lists, activity, Everything items) by Category of the Project. I would like to report on Category of project. I would also like more ways of exporting the milestones in an easier to read report. We want to use milestones as a way to get our entire company in-the-know of upcoming items. But we have so many overlapping milestones the calendar view doesn't work, and the exported excel list isn't appealing for a quick read.

by Teamwork.com on 10/04/2017

Hi Erin,

Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're glad to hear that you've had a good experience with Teamwork Projects.

I'll pass on all your feedback to the team here for consideration.

Nicer dashboards and metric, departments and improved reporting are all on our roadmap (https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap).We hope to have them released very soon. I think these will help solve a lot of your issues.

If theres anything else you can think of that we can do to help improve your experience with Teamwork Projects, please get in touch.

Best reagards,