• Overall
    4.8/5
    4.7/5

About HireSelect

Make data-driven hiring decisions with skills, aptitude, personality, and emotional intelligence tests. Test anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Learn more about HireSelect

Wade E.
Operations Supervisor
Utilities, 11-50 Employees

"Thank You HireSelect"

Comments: I am the Operations Supervisor for a small power plant. We do not have a dedicated HR group. I am tasked with recruiting, reviewing resumes, pre-employment testing, interviewing, hiring, and pre-employment requirements. This is in addition to all my other duties that actual pertain to keeping the plant running and working with the 28 people in my Operations Department. HireSelect has been a huge time saver for me. I have hired 13 Operators in the past 4 years. To hire 13 Operators we went through over 100 candidates. The customer service and assistance has been great from day one. The customer service department is always available to answer any questions or explain how a feature works. There are several other features I like about HireSelect. I have recommended HireSelect to several people in a similar position as mine. They have tried the free trial and they also see the benefits of using HireSelect.

Pros: The software provides access to several tests that provide an insight into a candidates personality, thoughts, and knowledge. HireSelect also is a convenient way to sort and store a large amount of data as it relates to potential candidates.

Cons: As the software recently went through an overhaul, I have not had enough time to dedicate to learning all the new features included in the update. The core of the program is still the same just the formatting and organizing have been modified. So far the new features I have used are better than the old program.

John S.
General Manager
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/08/2020

"How to take the sting out of recruiting!"

Comments: HireSelect keeps improving by giving employers a better way to drill down on an applicant's potential value for employers.

Pros: When hiring for different positions, you need applicants with varying skills. HireSelect provides a way to test applicants on their aptitude for whatever job you need to fill. By using these services, you can be far more productive in selecting applicants to interview based on their knowledge, aptitude, and fit for your organization. HireSelect is a time saver on steroids!

Cons: There is nothing to not like and profit from by using HireSelect! If you hit a snag, their support services are among the best I've encountered with any vendor.

• Reviewed on 4/08/2020
Robin E.
HR Director
Railroad Manufacture, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"Good Basic Assessments"

Comments: We have used these tests for candidates we are considering bringing into the company and they have been helpful. They have been easy to get to the candidates and we haven't had any complaints from candidates in regards to accessing the tests. They do provide an additional data point for candidates. We have also used these tests to gauge skills for current employees. They have been helpful in designing development plans.

Pros: Wide variety of skills and personality type assessments. They are easily administered online via an email and a link. Results are available online as well.

Cons: It would be helpful to be able to view the actual questions and potential answers to the tests prior to assignment of the tests. There is a description of what the test is measuring, but being able to see the content would give you a much better idea of the method behind the test.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Melanie R.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Insurance, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2020

"Especially Great for High Volume/High Value Hires"

Comments: Our Customer Success Mgr, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], provided exceptional support during setup and implementation and continues to do so with regular check ins and prompt responses to any inquiries. Recent updates to the assessment summaries make it even easier to read and interpret each candidate's results.

Pros: The deep dive detail the summaries offer for each assessment really allows you to assess a candidate's strengths and weaknesses at a glance. It provides useful info to deep dive into for a follow up interview.

Cons: Customizing your own 'batteries' when creating your assessment package could be a little easier to arrive to. However, once you've gone through the process a few times, it gets easier.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2020
Kacey C.
HR/Office Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/04/2020

"Great Service"

Comments: Very easy to use and able to provide information on a lot of our candidates we wouldn't be able to get during an interview. Some of the assessments even help you determine areas of strengths and weaknesses of a candidate and where to focus your questions for interview.

Pros: They have great customer service from start to finish. There was always a clear representative throughout sales and I was passed on to an account manager who handled our training and any question we had. It makes things easy. I also love how the sales rep and then account manager always have contact information on the site so you can always reach out easily with questions. They are always helpful when you reach out.

Cons: We are a healthcare company and some of the assessments are not as specific to out positions, but there is the capability to add your own assessments. The account manager did try to help us find assessments that fit our needs.

• Reviewed on 7/04/2020
Cary L.
Executive Director
Mental Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2020

"Hiring Process Dramatically Improved"

Comments: We have been a customer for about 4-5 years and consider it to be money well spent, an affordable tool to help a small business perform the hiring function on an as needed basis.

Pros: Very simple setup and user friendly for a non-HR professional. We hire sporadically, so this tool helps us to manage the process when we have positions to fill. The email received when a new application comes in is very helpful and makes sure we do not miss incoming applications. It was also very easy to get the site linked up to our website so we can receive online applications through our company website. Tech support has always been responsive when needed, but they did such a good job with setup and maintenance, I rarely need them. The preemployment testing has dramatically improved our screening of applicants to offer interviews to bring greater efficiency to the hiring process.

Cons: This is my first experience with a hiring process software, it has met our needs, so no complaints.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2020
Shena S.
Talent Acquisition Director
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/09/2020

"Enjoying the information and the additional support in our screening process"

Comments: I love the price, I love the product, I love the information. My executive team also really enjoys this product which is a huge win. I will absolutely remain a HireSelect customer.

Pros: I like all of the additional information given outside of the numerical scores the most. It allows me to make the most informed choice rather than simply going off the summary score.

Cons: I do not enjoy the integration with Jazz HR that much. I automate a lot of the routine steps so that I can spend the most time on the phone or communicating with the candidate. Since I automate the use of Hire Select Assessments, it only sends out the link, and therefore, does not automatically attach finished assessments to my candidates' profiles. I have to prioritize manually uploading my candidates' results via email.

• Reviewed on 8/09/2020
Dania B.
Head of SmartVault
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2020

"Highly Valuable Tool for Recruiting Efforts"

Comments: We are a small tech company and needed a fairly broad tool we could use to support our recruiting efforts. We like HireSelect for the ease of use and the breadth of job titles it supports. We feel like the cost supports the value it brings to our hiring managers, that use this testing as an input into the overall recruiting and selection process.

Pros: I love that I can search for a job title and it recommends test banks to use, which saves us time. It is intuitive to use, especially nice for hiring managers that aren't in it all the time.

Cons: We are investigating the use of it in our UK and Australia offices. Hopefully HireSelect can support our global team.

• Reviewed on 21/04/2020
Janet F.
Founder & Principal Consultant
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2020

"Great Software to Help in the Hiring Process"

Comments: Very positive. From the beginning, I have found the support personnel to be easily accessible and willing to work through any questions that I have. They are a fountain of knowledge and I enjoy working with them. The software offers me another "tool in my toolkit" when working with my clients to help them be their best.

Pros: The software is easy to use and has a wide range of reports that can assist when making hiring decisions. I have also used it with current employees when working to assess a team and especially with the new format for the Employee Personality Profile, it provides an easy way to give feedback and insight to the team members.

Cons: There are a couple of tests that are not my favorites to use, especially when using them with current employees but that is not a huge issue.

• Reviewed on 11/08/2020
Kimberly H.
HR Recruiter
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"Review"

Comments: So far we like what we have seen and it has helped us select. Unfortunately now with COVID-19 we aren't hiring so not getting to use the software much. While we are not hiring we are testing out the surveys.

Pros: We like that the software can help us in selecting the right candidate for our position. It has allowed us to see some traits that might not be present in the interview.

Cons: I did have some trouble with some of the tests and selecting the correct tests to take (excel, etc). Also it is difficult when some of the jobs we have aren't in the list so we you have to select something that is closest to that.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2020
Lindsey B.
Senior Manager, Recruiting
  • Reviewed on 4/10/2018

"Promoter"

Comments: Hands down I would recommend them to others looking to use the pre-employment software. The product is solid and the customer service can't be beaten.

Pros: HireSelect is a great company. Their software platform is solid and provides an invaluable resource to make hiring decisions with less risk and more insight into a candidate's capabilities and fit. My favorite part of working with them though is their customer service. It is outstanding and above and beyond the level of support I receive from any other vendors I've worked with throughout my career. They are responsive, highly competent, and very willing to make adjustments to the software that better serve our needs as customers.

Cons: They recently rolled out a new platform and there were a few technical issues that were quickly addressed (so that's not actually a problem, but another nod to their support and responsiveness). They do have one issue that they are still addressing which is that their testing services don't always work without error on Explorer or Edge internet browsers. It's a minor issue as we've simply started telling candidates to take it on another browser instead. That's the only reason for me giving them a 4 on quality, otherwise, I'm definitely a huge promoter of HireSelect.

• Reviewed on 4/10/2018
John S.
General Manager
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"Pre-Interview Testing is a blessing!"

Comments: HireSelect saves me time and money! It also saves the applicant time and money by not wasting their time on non-productive interviews or enough worse, a serious mismatch on career selection.

Pros: HireSelect lets me choose a wide range of tests that upon completion will provide me with a better insight as to the value each applicant can provide. Different positions require different skills and HireSelect does not lock me into a one-size-fits-all testing program. I make the decisions on what traits, skills, intelligence, education, etc. are most important for each position I am looking to fill. A number of these tests have a built-in truth detector that is triggered if an applicant strays from fact into fiction!

Cons: HireSelect is a fantastic resource. I have no complaints, no least-liked features, etc. I value the entire package!

• Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Matthew S.
Lean initiative/safety manager programmer foreman
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 Employees

"My two sense"

Comments: It is a great way to screen people in order to see if we want to take them to the next level in the hiring process. We have learned a lot about the tests from all the applicants and from having our really good loyal employees take the test and then were able to see things that stand out and help our hiring process or Lean it out a bit.

Pros: Simplistic and ask many questions rather than just a few.

Cons: I do not like how on the EPP test in the results it says no position selected. It would be nice to see maybe how long it was taking an applicant to answer question or do the entire test to see if they are just not reading and putting zero thought into their answers or if they are diligently reading and putting thought into each question asked. I think this would help decide if an employee is rushing or is able to take their time, care and answer to the best of their ability. Right now I feel this test is a bit of a waste and does really absolutely nothing for me when there just isn't something more for me to base my decision on a stranger.

Desiree N.
Assistant Director of Human Resources
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/10/2018

"Love HireSelect and their Staff"

Comments: Perfect. Our rep has always gone above and beyond and is always accessible for questions or concerns as they arise. Same for the tech team.

Pros: I love the fact that I can email the clerical test to a candidate and not be worried about space for someone in the office taking the exam.

Cons: Personally, I liked the functionality of the software before the last update. It's still a wonderful product however, we just have to do things a little differently.

Head of People
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2019

"Scratches my academic itch in recruiting"

Pros: Scientifically validated, easily distributed to applicants, high quality results and UI.

Cons: Not adapted to international market, all the benchmarking tools focus on the US.

• Reviewed on 26/09/2019
Talent Acquisition Manager
Sports, 201-500 Employees

"Helpful"

Pros: Using HireSelect has really helped us in identifying quality candidates for our organization. The newest update was a little confusing at first but after talking to our account manager it's actually a lot more user-friendly once you know where to go.

Cons: There's not a lot that I don't like about the software. LIke I mentioned before, the update was very confusing at first but our account manager walked us through.

Donna S.
HR Director
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

"Great Software"

Comments: HireSelect has improved our Talent Acquisition process by helping us make better candidate selections. Through employee personality profile scores, and by matching candidate competencies against benchmarks, we are finding candidates who are proving to be better fits for certain jobs, which is also leading to increased employee retention.

Pros: I like that I can create my own battery of assessments, based on each specific job description. I also like how quickly I can access the results, can compare candidates' assessments, and can review individual competencies.

Cons: On the Employee Personality Profile, I wish there were a few more benchmarked positions to choose from.

Madelin W.
Recruiting Manager
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2017

"HireSelect helps me screen and find the best applicants to hire."

Comments: The typing test and computer proficiency test helps me weed out unqualified candidates quickly and easily. I can also evaluate aptitude with the Criteria Cognitive Test, and I can see a correlation between that score and quality of work.

Pros: The variety of assessments help me choose the best fit for each position. I can evaluate a number of different levels, aptitude, personality, or specific skills.

Cons: If I wanted to integate the results with my ATS, I would need to upgrade to a fancier package. Now, the price is cheap for the service, but I don't know why I would have to upgrade just for an integration.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2017
Todd A.
Human Resources Manager
Chemicals, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/10/2018

"Great Stuff!!!"

Pros: Ease of use and great content. We use this faithfully and has been a great tool with our hiring process.

Cons: When they performed the recent upgrade, it took some getting use to but still managed.

• Reviewed on 5/10/2018
Wade R.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2018

"Convenience and Flexibility"

Pros: The ability to create your own test batteries.
The scheduling with potential candidates.
The flexibility of the software, just a link to send to a candidate and youre good!

Cons: The lack of integrations. This also can just be specific to be. I wanted to integrate with my ATS but it doesn't seem to be available as yet.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2018
Andrew W.
Operations Manager
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

"HireSelect Review"

Comments: John has been great, very responsive!

Pros: Very easy to use and extremely helpful in our recruiting efforts!

Cons: Not a lot to say here, but there are a couple of features that I would like to see:
1. Did the user take the assessment on a mobile device?
2. Did the user have connectivity issues while taking the device?

David D.
Vice President of Operations
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Take hiring to the next level"

Comments: Customer service has been fantastic, ready to help or explain at a moments notice (Support team is fantastic). The results are fairly easy to get used to and measure. I like that we can create acceptable result levels and compare online.

Pros: Scientifically backed results that really do level the playing field for candidates (and existing employees) when trying to put the right person in the right seat. Paired with a solid interview process and testing abilities, the cognitive and personality profile tests have been invaluable to make the final decisions in hiring.

Cons: Unless hiring a large number of people, the per test cost is a bit high. Also seem to be sharing costs with services and technology that I am not using.

Global Senior HR Business Partner
Cosmetics, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2019

"Great experience working with Criteria"

Comments: Criteria has enabled our company to hire more skilled representatives than we ever have before. We have candidates take our online testing and we have minimum pass grade that must be met before you move on in the interview process.

Pros: Our customer support representative was extremely helpful in the set up and customization of our testing, we had the opportunity to build testing specific to hiring our Call Center Representatives. We customized our testing for the specific areas that our hiring managers were looking for. Many of the test on the market are to generic for the work our Representatives do.

Cons: Any issues or complaints were easy worked around.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2019
Christina D.
Marketing Manager
Building Materials, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Great tool in the hiring process"

Comments: The people I've dealt with have all been very helpful and responsive. The site was easy to use and helped save us time and money in our hiring process.

Pros: Using the testing online has helped us to narrow the selection pool of candidates and saved us valuable time that would have been wasted on interviewing less qualified candidates.

Cons: The new upgrades are more complex in my opinion and have more than I need, so makes the site seem more tedious to navigate. The old site was easy and straight forward.

Adriana L.
Director Of Financial Services
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2018

"Never hire again without using HireSelect"

Comments: Great company, amazing assessment tools and outstanding customer support.

Pros: HireSelect offers several assessments to measure cognitive abilities and personality traits.

Cons: I love HireSelect, I have absolutely no negative feedback.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2018