Criteria (Formerly HireSelect) Reviews

• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.8 /5

About Criteria (Formerly HireSelect)

Make data-driven hiring decisions with skills, aptitude, personality, and emotional intelligence tests. Test anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Learn more about Criteria (Formerly HireSelect)

Showing 25 reviews of 65

Jennifer H.
Human Resources Manager
  • Reviewed on 2/10/2020

"Great Product!"

Comments: I have no complaints!

Pros: HireSelect is very intuitive and easy to use. I had used HS with a former employer and as soon as I had room in the budget, I implemented the product for my new company. I use the testing, the ATS feature, and the calendar to schedule interviews. Customer Support is top notch and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always quick to help.

Cons: I wish it would integrate more holistically with BambooHR so I could use the feature seamlessly. Other than that, it works great.

• Reviewed on 2/10/2020
John S.
General Manager
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"Pre-Interview Testing is a blessing!"

Comments: HireSelect saves me time and money! It also saves the applicant time and money by not wasting their time on non-productive interviews or enough worse, a serious mismatch on career selection.

Pros: HireSelect lets me choose a wide range of tests that upon completion will provide me with a better insight as to the value each applicant can provide. Different positions require different skills and HireSelect does not lock me into a one-size-fits-all testing program. I make the decisions on what traits, skills, intelligence, education, etc. are most important for each position I am looking to fill. A number of these tests have a built-in truth detector that is triggered if an applicant strays from fact into fiction!

Cons: HireSelect is a fantastic resource. I have no complaints, no least-liked features, etc. I value the entire package!

• Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Head of People
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2019

"Scratches my academic itch in recruiting"

Pros: Scientifically validated, easily distributed to applicants, high quality results and UI.

Cons: Not adapted to international market, all the benchmarking tools focus on the US.

• Reviewed on 26/09/2019
Desiree N.
Assistant Director of Human Resources
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/10/2018

"Love HireSelect and their Staff"

Comments: Perfect. Our rep has always gone above and beyond and is always accessible for questions or concerns as they arise. Same for the tech team.

Pros: I love the fact that I can email the clerical test to a candidate and not be worried about space for someone in the office taking the exam.

Cons: Personally, I liked the functionality of the software before the last update. It's still a wonderful product however, we just have to do things a little differently.

• Reviewed on 9/10/2018
Donna S.
HR Director
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

"Great Software"

Comments: HireSelect has improved our Talent Acquisition process by helping us make better candidate selections. Through employee personality profile scores, and by matching candidate competencies against benchmarks, we are finding candidates who are proving to be better fits for certain jobs, which is also leading to increased employee retention.

Pros: I like that I can create my own battery of assessments, based on each specific job description. I also like how quickly I can access the results, can compare candidates' assessments, and can review individual competencies.

Cons: On the Employee Personality Profile, I wish there were a few more benchmarked positions to choose from.

David D.
Vice President of Operations
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Take hiring to the next level"

Comments: Customer service has been fantastic, ready to help or explain at a moments notice (Support team is fantastic). The results are fairly easy to get used to and measure. I like that we can create acceptable result levels and compare online.

Pros: Scientifically backed results that really do level the playing field for candidates (and existing employees) when trying to put the right person in the right seat. Paired with a solid interview process and testing abilities, the cognitive and personality profile tests have been invaluable to make the final decisions in hiring.

Cons: Unless hiring a large number of people, the per test cost is a bit high. Also seem to be sharing costs with services and technology that I am not using.

Kimberly H.
HR Recruiter
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"Review"

Comments: So far we like what we have seen and it has helped us select. Unfortunately now with COVID-19 we aren't hiring so not getting to use the software much. While we are not hiring we are testing out the surveys.

Pros: We like that the software can help us in selecting the right candidate for our position. It has allowed us to see some traits that might not be present in the interview.

Cons: I did have some trouble with some of the tests and selecting the correct tests to take (excel, etc). Also it is difficult when some of the jobs we have aren't in the list so we you have to select something that is closest to that.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"Using HireSelect's CCAT"

Comments: As Wonderlic was going to change, we needed an alternative that could give us what we needed. HireSelect has exceeded anything we could have hoped for.

Pros: The ease in coping a link to send to a candidate and the resulting report.

Cons: Having to edit testing batteries rather than creating them. The Test Maker function could be more robust.

Thomas D.
GM
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees

"Ease of use"

Comments: Very positive, they are always willing to help if we need it.

Pros: I find this software very easy to use, it provides us with great insight to our candidates that we would not have otherwise.

Cons: I really have no complaints about using the product

Gina B.
Office Mgr
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2020

"Terrific Hiring Tool!"

Pros: I appreciate the snapshot at a glance for the candidate's work habits.

Cons: Nothing comes to mind about features of the software that I don't like.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2020
Jessica B.
Culture Cultivator
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2020

"Great applicant testing platform!"

Pros: Ease of use. I like the customization of messaging to applicants.

Cons: It would be great if you could do a keyword search on candidates resumes using this software.

Steve Q.

"Very Helpful"

Comments: Great. Good customer support. Works well.

Pros: Gives us an insight into our job candidates that is totally objective. Has helped us make some good hires that may have slipped thru the cracks.

Cons: Works well but it could have a better scoring system that is easier to understand. Competing systems have one number to summarize all scoring.

Becky N.
HR Manager
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51-200 Employees

"Meets all our needs"

Pros: The test results have been very revealing and helped us a great deal in identifying who we should contact for an interview.

Cons: Creating a new position and blending the different tests can be a bit confusing.

Priscilla M.
  • Reviewed on 5/06/2017
  • Reviewed on 5/06/2017
Robin E.
HR Director
Railroad Manufacture, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"Good Basic Assessments"

Comments: We have used these tests for candidates we are considering bringing into the company and they have been helpful. They have been easy to get to the candidates and we haven't had any complaints from candidates in regards to accessing the tests. They do provide an additional data point for candidates. We have also used these tests to gauge skills for current employees. They have been helpful in designing development plans.

Pros: Wide variety of skills and personality type assessments. They are easily administered online via an email and a link. Results are available online as well.

Cons: It would be helpful to be able to view the actual questions and potential answers to the tests prior to assignment of the tests. There is a description of what the test is measuring, but being able to see the content would give you a much better idea of the method behind the test.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Lindsey B.
Senior Manager, Recruiting
  • Reviewed on 4/10/2018

"Promoter"

Comments: Hands down I would recommend them to others looking to use the pre-employment software. The product is solid and the customer service can't be beaten.

Pros: HireSelect is a great company. Their software platform is solid and provides an invaluable resource to make hiring decisions with less risk and more insight into a candidate's capabilities and fit. My favorite part of working with them though is their customer service. It is outstanding and above and beyond the level of support I receive from any other vendors I've worked with throughout my career. They are responsive, highly competent, and very willing to make adjustments to the software that better serve our needs as customers.

Cons: They recently rolled out a new platform and there were a few technical issues that were quickly addressed (so that's not actually a problem, but another nod to their support and responsiveness). They do have one issue that they are still addressing which is that their testing services don't always work without error on Explorer or Edge internet browsers. It's a minor issue as we've simply started telling candidates to take it on another browser instead. That's the only reason for me giving them a 4 on quality, otherwise, I'm definitely a huge promoter of HireSelect.

• Reviewed on 4/10/2018
Wade R.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2018

"Convenience and Flexibility"

Pros: The ability to create your own test batteries.
The scheduling with potential candidates.
The flexibility of the software, just a link to send to a candidate and youre good!

Cons: The lack of integrations. This also can just be specific to be. I wanted to integrate with my ATS but it doesn't seem to be available as yet.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2018
Global Senior HR Business Partner
Cosmetics, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2019

"Great experience working with Criteria"

Comments: Criteria has enabled our company to hire more skilled representatives than we ever have before. We have candidates take our online testing and we have minimum pass grade that must be met before you move on in the interview process.

Pros: Our customer support representative was extremely helpful in the set up and customization of our testing, we had the opportunity to build testing specific to hiring our Call Center Representatives. We customized our testing for the specific areas that our hiring managers were looking for. Many of the test on the market are to generic for the work our Representatives do.

Cons: Any issues or complaints were easy worked around.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2019
Andrew W.
Operations Manager
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

"HireSelect Review"

Comments: John has been great, very responsive!

Pros: Very easy to use and extremely helpful in our recruiting efforts!

Cons: Not a lot to say here, but there are a couple of features that I would like to see:
1. Did the user take the assessment on a mobile device?
2. Did the user have connectivity issues while taking the device?

Amy L.
Manager of Finance and Administration
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"A partner for us in hiring"

Comments: Absolutely happy that I have this product to help me with my hiring.

Pros: I have been using HireSelect for just over a year now. It has been a great tool for me to use in weeding through the multitude of resumes. I have had success in finding great candidates that I otherwise may have passed over because their assessment tests fit the criteria for hiring.

Cons: They recently changed the platform. I am having some issues with using it, but my customer support person, Jessica, has been amazing helping me through it.

Christy B.
Teller Trainier Coodinator/HR
Banking, 201-500 Employees

"CNB 9/2018"

Pros: Being able to copy link and e-mail it.
The results are in a format that is very helpful and gives us a real picture of the applicant.

Cons: Creating reports needs to be made easier. I liked the way before this update that you could export results to an Excel spreadsheet.
It would be helpful to see the applicants assessments and answers.
When looking at jobs and there are more than one listed (ex. Teller) knowing how to combine them together would be helpful.
Knowing which part of an assessment is timed.
This new update seems more timely than the last one.

James D.
Entertainment
  • Reviewed on 5/06/2015

"HIRESELECT - ABSOLUTELY FIRST CLASS"

Comments: HireSelect gives us great information on candidates and their capabilities. By using their tests we’ve been able to streamline the hiring process and reduce time wasted on unproductive interviews. HireSelect overall has also increased the quality of our hires. One of our best new hires was someone who might not otherwise have stood out except for her sensational test scores. As a result we now hire with more confidence and invest our resources on candidates that are better long term hires.

Pros: Easy to use - fantastic user interface.
Really helps give a different perspective when evaluating potential new hires.
I'm sure this has saved our company $ks by making sure that we hire the right person first time!

Cons: No cons really, it does everything I want.

• Reviewed on 5/06/2015
Andy N.
Global Recruitment Program Manager
Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2020

"Very pleased with HireSelect"

Comments: Great company to deal with, very responsive and are willing to make time to train as many of our employees as necessary. I would highly recommend HireSelect to any organization looking to implement an elegant candidate assessment solution.

Pros: Easy to roll-out, very intuitive product, positive feedback from both Candidates and Recruiters

Cons: Free ATS integration would have been nice

• Reviewed on 21/07/2020
Tamika B.
Senior Human Resources Rep
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/05/2020

"Excellent Recruiting Resource!"

Comments: HireSelect has been beneficial in providing the necessary screening of potential employees and their skillsets for our organization. As a result of usage from this software, it has saved a lot of time as it has boosted productivity and eliminated candidates who weren't a fit.

Pros: The vital pre-employment tools that test candidates remotely in order to see if they are a fit for our organization.

Cons: I have not experienced any negativity from association with this wonderful software as it has boost recruiting productivity immensely.

• Reviewed on 5/05/2020
Nicholas S.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2020

"Solved all our hiring needs"

Pros: The pre-screening tests with evergreen hiring funnels are great

Cons: the automation setup costs extra, should be included.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2020